What are your favorite comic characters and how do you feel about their current state?

What are your favorite comic characters and how do you feel about their current state?

>tfw X-Menfag.
It hurts a little.

Attached: images(46).jpg (783x391, 93K)

The X-men are significantly less bad than they were a year or two ago, but that's still not good.

Is still awful and it started to get worse again recently.

>Spider-Fag
It’s been such a great year so far, I keep waiting for the rug to be pulled out from under me

Attached: image.jpg (754x1037, 814K)

X-men are the Teen Titans of Marvel. So many meaningless deaths and ridiculous ass pulls.

This age of X-man stuff isn't all that bad, it's just boring at worst.

Who is the Claremont of the TT?

>YJfag
A-at least Cassie seems to be her old, dorky self and the artist draws a hot Kon

Attached: 1514055024576.jpg (462x1024, 120K)

I’m a Moon Knight fag and I’m happy that marvel doesn’t seem to just give him to any no-name writer that wants him. Sure he has had some bad runs, but most of his stuff is decent to good.

Wolfman

Superman.
Eh unpopular opinion but I’m enjoying Action Comics a lot. It’s the Superman book that has been pretty meh so far, I don’t care about Rogal Zaar at all. However I also don’t mind Jon being aged up, the whole “perfect American Family” was starting to get really boring towards the end of the Tomasi run.

Outside of comics it’s shit as always though. I wish they’d just reboot Superman and get a new director so we can get him fighting Brainiac, Mongul, or whoever.

X-Men
Wally West
Booster Gold
The Legion of Superheroes

It’s fun times

Too bad the comics are still trash, how long will Spencer stay?

>Superman
Bring written by Bendis, not into his run whatsoever
>Most of Milestone
Sometimes dead is better

X-Men. Rosenberg's run is fine, but that's literally the nicest thing I can say about it, and that's really not enough to maintain my interest in the long-term.

I disagree, Spencer’s run so far has been really good and I honestly hope he sticks around for a good few years.

Agreed, Action and the new direction feels triangle era-ish to me.

Hellboy. It's depressing that the movie looks so bad, but at least Mignola's getting to end the comic universe on his own terms.
I just wish the dude would draw a comic again...

>Green Lantern

Pretty good so far.

His AC is good, but I agree with complaints that he kinda struggles with writing Superman's supporting cast (Lois in particular, no I'm not mad at him being consistent with Talia being a huge slut), and the monthly release schedule can make it a bit of a slog to get through at times.

>good
It was a pretty shitty, he magically made Peter and MJ together again though a cringey wall of text from Peter even though there was countless times he tried to get closer to her like this on recent years, Peter doing literal criminal acts, the fights are terrible etc.

I hope Ewing replace him soon, I'm curious on how he would handle the character since he was pretty creative with Hulk.

I get an okay-to-really-good ongoing about once each decade and the only real catches are that he has to show up every other event to lose to the bad guy to show how badass they are and suffer through the posts of Wikipedia/battlefag "experts" on the character spreading bullshit, except DC finally stopped writing him into every event, so the first part doesn't even matter anymore.

It feels pretty great, especially compared to what other characterfags have to suffer through. Even if he's not in anything, then at least I can say he didn't have the opportunity to be in anything that sucks. Not sure how I feel about the rumor on Tomasi doing a Spectre run because it doesn't feel like it fits his style, even if he edited for Ostrander, but I'm open to it.

Attached: breyv.jpg (501x776, 179K)

Most of my favorites are Kirby characters, I rarely bother with other creators working on them
Shame about the state of cosmic, tho.

too bad you are dumb, how long 'till you stop being one?

>What are your favorite comic characters
Otto Octavius and Flash Thompson Venom
>how do you feel about their current state?
Otto : great, the run is epic pencil and writing are on point
Flash T : yea he ded

t braindead moron Spencerfag

Ghost rider...One is dead (blaze) and the other is depowered (Ketch) so it really sucks.

>Thor
Stopped reading most Marvel stuff because of the poor treatment of Thor. I now avoid Aaron like a plague as a result. Honestly haven't read anything Marvel quite a while now.

>Kenan
Probably for the best that his series is over than being mistreated by Bendis. Although that is still probably likely given the fact that Bendis controls the entire Super line. Only book reading from DC is Wonder Twins.

Attached: thor's majestic mjolnir.jpg (1920x2951, 1.83M)

>Magik, Sunspot and Warlock
*Magik keeps being used in books I don't want to read (either shit team line up or shit writer or both)
*Warlock is kinda dead but infected his teammates, so he may come back. But I don't trust Rosenberg at all.
*Sunspot is in limbo and I hope he stays in limbo rather than being dragged in the shithole the X-books have become.
Basically: my faves are from a franchise I now hate.

hawkfag here is pretty fine with the ongoing.

Sorry user, but I can’t agree, having Peter and MJ get back together shouldn’t be some huge complicated matter, but, thanks to OMD, what happens as a result of them being together however should, and that’s what Spencer seems to be building towards. The work he’s done with both Lizard and Black Cat are nothing short of amazing considering how awful they have been used in recent years. Personally, it’s the first time in a long time that I’ve been excited each month for Amazing Spider-Man instead of being excited to read some adjacent books.

>Only book [worth] reading from DC is Wonder Twins.

unironically my favorite characters

Attached: 1552603992309.jpg (825x464, 42K)

nothing will ever top Claremont and even then you've still got Morrison and Whedon not to mention all kinds of great satellite books like Excalibur, X-Statix, X-Factor, X-Force, not to mention several good movies, cartoons, vidya... the muties have had a damn good run all things considered, what more could you need? Nothing lasts forever nor should it

>tfw X-Menfag.
>It hurts a little.
No, it hurts a lot.

I disagree, Green Lantern, Aquaman, Deathstroke are all good as well.