Box Office: ‘Shazam’ Eyes $40 Million-Plus Opening Weekend

>Warner Bros.’ “Shazam” could grow to as much as $40 million in ticket sales when it hits North American theaters on April 5, early tracking suggests.

Presumably all those Fandango previews will be included with the Thursday preview box-office, the way the Amazon Prime preview was included with Aquaman, which might actually boost this higher, many are half sold out in my town (Los Angeles) without high knowledge of them happening as of yet.

variety.com/2019/film/box-office/shazam-box-office-opening-weekend-early-tracking-1203162051/

Attached: Shazam Fan Art.jpg (640x640, 77K)

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/Bu6gY6HFOkx/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

instagram.com/p/Bu6gY6HFOkx/

Good luck Billybros

Attached: D1YpQaFVYAUQeZw.jpg (486x527, 33K)

"hazam has a budget of 80m and add in marketing costs and it should be around 140m. The movie is cheap and can basically earn in it’s domestic run just 150m and be a hit. Add in international grosses and the movie might make anywhere from 350m to 500m. That’s the thing about cheap movies, you don’t need a monster opening in order to make money. Nobody expected Shazam who is barely known outside of DC fans to pull in WW, Aquaman or recent MCU movies numbers. This film is more of a statement from DC and WB’s that they can make low budget, fun and beautiful films. Shazam is more about showing people that DC makes good solo movies that are a little connected to each other which is the narrative WB’s is trying to push."

Just 40 million?

I haven't seen a theater movie in years and I'm really debating going to see Shazam.

Do it. Help Billy

100 M openings are rare, even for MCU movies or non-Star Wars not starring Not Harrison Ford.

Anything above $30M is good, anything above $55M is great, especially non Thanksgiving to New Years or peak Summer (May to end of July).

>And that's a good thing
The absolute state of DC

Attached: And that's a good thing.jpg (1079x1249, 575K)

Sounds like they're lowballing it to me

Attached: angsty ladderbro is angsty.jpg (600x401, 29K)

Early previews for an unknown property are usually low-balled in general, but this is not coming from WB, they'll do a revised one closer to the date, and in particular once the Fandango pre-sales have some effect on the market as well.

But you have to remember how The Lego Movie 2 turned out compared to pre-sale assumptions

Silence RT crybaby. Dont forget you love moving your goalpost. Kek.

Attached: 2w0ent.jpg (1000x500, 90K)

I've seen this things be to high or to low plenty of times. Remember Solo's tracking? I just really want this to do well. I don't want DC to go back to grim dark bullshit

Where did you learn to read?

They're probably not

But if it makes you feel better it's right in line with the earliest tracking numbers which turned out to be pretty close for Captain Marvel

Attached: Screenshot_20190208-142241_Chrome.jpg (1080x1203, 565K)

Holy fuck this is what I've been saying they should do for ages.

It's going to do that whether Shazam is successful or not

Aquaman and Shazam were made during Johns and Berg's run as heads of DC Wonder Woman 2 was also being made at the time so that should also be light and fun. The second Hamada took over was when announcements started coming in about the Joker movie, the R-rated Birds of Prey, and The Trench horror film.

Wonder Woman did much better than what they said. It will happen this time as well

It's what everyone has been saying since it's so bloody obvious they can't compete with Marvel on the big budget stuff

Problem is with Black Widow and Shang-Chi they won't be able to compete with their smaller budget movies either

But Aquaman didn't and neither did Captain Marvel in fact she did slightly worse. Wonder Woman also had the benefit of good reviews and summer and lucked into having all the movies around her like The Mummy and Pirates of the Caribbean bomb horribly

Attached: Another success for Based Marvel .jpg (1080x1227, 576K)

If the Fandango previews create good word of mouth, the advance screening of $40 million could easily go very high. When studios used to do advanced screenings on the regulars, that's one of the reasons they did them

The fact that WB is doing this (as they did with the Amazon Prime Aquaman previews) shows that they have a lot of confidence in the movie

It's a clear click bait comment from a famously clicky baity site, down to their perpetual single image lists where you have to forward click each one which counts as a page view

Aquaman proves that (and you) wrong.

Except it doesn't

They had Aquaman only going to 170mil domestic

In total yes they were wrong but their opening weekend was spot on

Attached: 40-60 million.jpg (1080x876, 260K)

40-60 isn't spot on when it opened to more than that

*Dab*

Attached: 1550809462469.jpg (947x647, 65K)

Barely, and that was with the advanced screenings added in

So still not spot on

>Wonder Woman also had the benefit of good reviews
Good thing Shazam's review embargo drops two weeks early then

Attached: Shazam and Freddy by ThaahFreitas.jpg (861x929, 163K)

Since you don't know how the business works, it's stupid of you to comment and pretend otherwise.

These are not science and they are not even opinion polls, like political polls. They express interest. IF the Fandango previews do well AND they create water cooler type interest, this number could either rise or fall. You need to gauge what the actual predictions are THE WEEKEND in advance.

All this tells you is what you MIGHT expect.

Its social media embargo dropped a week ago but that didn't change anything

When the review embargo drops we'll get another Endgame trailer or poster and everyone will go back to thinking Shazam is just an app and any movie is just another Emoji Movie/Angry Birds

Pathethic. A third of what Captain Marvel made? And let's not forget, CM already made 600m, Shitzam will barely worldwide as much as CM made domestically over it's first weekend

Lucky trips confirmed. That's another 10 mill on the box office opening.

Ignore the Disney Intern.

>IF the Fandango previews do well
Probably will
>AND they create water cooler type interest
Definitely won't

Oh wow a whole $50 million! That's almost as much as Captain Marvel made on her first Friday

So the good reviews only work when you say they do?

Well, its not bad for a DC movie I guess

Attached: brie-larson.jpg (664x498, 78K)

The social media embargo dropping created interest (just as it did with Aquaman). That interest is translating into good sales for the Fandango previews. IF those previews turn into good word of mouth and it's accompanied by uniformly good reviews the week after, that's all good.

flopzam

This is what's wrong with this board.

Stupid company war threads and the stupid power level type idiots that engage in it.

They work when they work and when a movie has to compete with the greatest cinematic event of the decade they don't work

Threads like these make me willingly ask for censorship

Attached: 1552347388370.jpg (339x331, 24K)

It doesn't matter how good the previews do, the only word anyone is going to hear from here on out is "Avengers"

Makes you wonder why Disney is putting out Dumbo to die like this then

I think they do it for tax reasons. Makes them look slightly less successful then they are like with A Wrinkle in Time last year

Oh I see. Disney only ever fails on purpose

Don't get mad. You acted smug for months and now reality hit. Carol dabbed on Billy.

Or maybe he never really got involved in company wars like you do

When it makes at least $5 billion a year and has done for 5 years in a row then yeah probably

So how much does Disney pay you?

Now you're playing innocent, of course. Kiss the heel, baby.

Crazy old Yea Forums. He's always good for a laugh.

Attached: 1552145398882.jpg (720x480, 238K)

Just report him.

>You acted smug

If you say so.

Attached: IMG_00001.gif (220x220, 184K)

>Kiss the heel
Eat the bluray

>low key announcing a report
>invitation to raid
Whew lad

>the no superhero buddy

>Don't get mad. You acted smug for months and now reality hit. Carol dabbed on Billy.
If I had a quarter for every time I saw the phrase, "Um no sweety" followed by some utterance of 1 billion dollars on the opening weekend, I'd be able to buy a fuck ton of sandwhiches. CM fags have been just as much cancer as Shazam fags, but the only difference is that CM fags like yourself are going to keep being cancer for the next month AT LEAST.

>Movie relies on Endgame MCU easter eggs vs movie tangentially involved in a failed universe with very little connections

Shazam don't need a crutch and controversy to drive it's sales bro.

There's still time for it to make 1 billion, incel.

Rent frer

>Rent frer
Want to try that again?

Attached: 1552592699415.jpg (1242x1171, 1.05M)

Whatever you say faggot. Now can you stop being cancer and fuck off already? I like Shazam and don't care about Captain Marvel but like the MCU, so all you're doing is ruining a perfectly good thread for me. Why you gotta be that guy? Why you gotta be a faggot?

Rent Free Really Exceptionally Retarded
Keep seething laddercuck

Nerds like company wars because they crave the masculinity of sports banter but aren't macho enough to actualy get into sports.

I don't know why anyone is surprised by this. It was obvious it was going to flop from the number of threads people made here an on Yea Forums just like it was obvious Captain Marvel and Endgame were going to make over a billion from all of their threads

there's esports

Surprised by what? The article isn't saying that.

What a retarded metric. Fucking Alita must be at 2 billion by now then

Laddercuck, Laddercuck
Can't earn a Disney buck.
Can he shill on a thread?
Until the day he drops dead.
Look out! Here comes Laddercuck.

I would like to know who the the people are in Warner Bros that's greenlighting these movies. Shazam while it may make a profit is not getting the base excited and neither will Birds of Prey.

They should have just stayed with the game plan and stop reading all the trolls online bashing DC.

They butchered Justice League and then blame Cyborg mostly and decide to go in another direction despite Aquaman making a billion.

Insanity.

Alita only has the one thread and didn't even have that before the movie came out

and incel and have sex, all tourists