Attached: rawhide.jpg (555x444, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8RlWeFW3Kkg
youtube.com/watch?v=d7ayvdSL2Nc
nicovideo.jp/watch/sm8484601
youtu.be/b1hy3ZzsC_I
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris_syndrome
youtube.com/watch?v=vsQrKZcYtqg
amazon.com/Coca-Cola-Coke-Orange-Vanilla-Soda/dp/B07NDR7P8X/ref=sr_1_6?crid=3HLN72MD6JUGY&keywords=coke&qid=1552653737&s=gateway&sprefix=coke,aps,257&sr=8-6
youtube.com/watch?v=zPwYlmavDqk
m.youtube.com/watch?v=pUwjYmz-h9M
desuarchive.org/co/thread/105573882/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ariana_Miyamoto
chefpyro.tumblr.com/post/180204158801/interstelleri-queer-taako-mangastream-weve
dec.2chan.net/67/futaba.htm
youtu.be/n70AgNDh6qg
bbc.com/japanese/34784309
pewglobal.org/2017/10/17/troubles-with-the-u-s-relationship/
youtu.be/oTjFbKJYkkw
youtube.com/watch?v=9ODtsNMNJXk
youtube.com/watch?v=2rSw4Xl5qfs
medaka.5ch.net/cartoon/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Probably

Attached: 1552241281989.png (777x676, 864K)

Maybe

Perhaps

I don't think they're interested in western animation like weebs are in anime. At best, they probably watch one western cartoons, and it's likely the Simpsons or Family Guy.

>t. knows jack shit

>Do Japs watch western cartoons?
Pretty much only Disney. Western cartoons are broadcast only on a handful of ultra premium satellite networks like Cartoon Network Japan or Disney Channel Japan (there used to be a Nickelodeon Japan but it went off the air a decade ago). It is extremely rare for Western cartoons to air on broadcast networks. TV Tokyo/Aichi tried to air some of the bigger shows like MLP, TMNT and Transformers, but the ratings were so bad they all got cancelled before even finishing.

There is virtually zero interest in foreign animation by the Japanese.

>Do they argue about subs vs dubs too?
The Japanese have an almost autistic aversion to subtitles, so it's pretty much a dub-only culture. That goes primarily for live-action movies; they often have dedicated voice actors for major Hollywood celebrities so their appearances sound consistent regardless of what movie they're in or what studio. The Japanese simply DO NOT watch subtitles and there isn't a fansub community in Japan like there is in the West.

"Westaboos" are a fantasy. They don't exist, at least not in the way weeaboos exist in the West. The Japanese don't reject their own culture and put someone else's on a pedestal to be worshipped the way foreigners fetishize the Japanese through anime/manga. There are Japanese people who like a few pieces of foreign media well enough, but full-on obsessed "westaboos" do not exist.

Westaboos exist, but they're not as open as weebs about their degenerate habits.

>At best, they probably watch one western cartoons, and it's likely the Simpsons or Family Guy.

The Simpsons stopped being dubbed in Japan during season 11 and has aired in sub-only format ever since (The Movie was dubbed, but first by a different cast which made Japanese Simpsons fans angry, so the DVD had a second dub using the original TV cast). It used to air on the satellite network WOWIO but has been airing on Fox Japan since it went sub-only, which is a pretty niche satellite network few people have.

Family Guy has never been broadcast in Japan in any format.

Are you fucking stupid? Learn even a little bit of Japanese and go on pixiv. There are entire Jap subculture fandoms dedicated to Chuck Jones and Disney.

>Family Guy has never been broadcast in Japan in any format.
Living in Japan must be the closest humanity's come to living in Hell without dying, if what you say is true.

The idea that a westaboo is stockpiling guns sounds hilarious.

>in before someone posts that Hellboy fanart drawn by the Yu-Gi-Oh guy or that screencap of FLCL where they parodied South Park as "proof" that Westaboos exist

Just because a few Japanese artists acknowledged the existance of a foreign cartoon/comic does not mean they are Westaboos. Jesus. The Japanese are cultural isolationists. They have less than a passing interest in anything foreign. Western media are curiosities at best, but that's it.

>projecting haburger

Wouldn't a burger be the one insisting that Westaboos are real because Murrica is great, not denying their existence because Murrica sucks?

Howdy.

Also, this. I imagine the number of Western cartoon fans in Japan is lower than the Anime fans in America though.

in late 80s to early 90s they did like tmnt, bags bunny etc they aired on tv tokyo

today nobody watches. not only japan tho. nobody in the world watches amerishit cartoons.

Horseshit. Ben10 is popular overseas.

>TMNT
I know the 03 bombed because it was too serious but I thought 12 did fine? Not sure about Rise tho...

KOTH has a pretty good nip fanbase. They argue over dubs vs subs.

>in late 80s to early 90s they did like tmnt,
The decline in interest for the TMNT in Japan over the decades has been interesting.

>87 TMNT got 3 dubs and the longest one, the TV Tokyo dub, ran for 101 episodes before losing its slot to Evangelion
>03 TMNT aired on TV Tokyo but only for 52 episodes before getting cancelled
>12 TMNT aired on TV Tokyo and was such a spectacular bomb that it got cancelled after only 26 episodes

There WAS a time when the Japanese loved TMNT. That time is over and it is never coming back.

>I know the 03 bombed because it was too serious but I thought 12 did fine? Not sure about Rise tho...
The 2012 series was a disaster and only ran for 26 episodes on TV Tokyo. Disney Channel Japan picked it up for reruns, but did not dub any additional episodes. It wasn't well received at all.

Dunno if Rise is getting a Japanese dub or not or even what channel it'll air on since there is no longer a Nickelodeon Japan.

How can you tell when your head is so far up your ass?
You got any concrete proof for your claim?

Westaboos are actually a thing. Though their a few far and between especially in comparison to weebs. I think overall the internet just makes it easier to be apart of fandoms. There's definitely a large audiences of Japs who watch Western cartoons. I mean lot of our stuff airs over there too. But I can't tell you to what extent they are. Not sure if anyone remembers that thread from that convention in Japan which was filled with Westerns animation products being sold. Lots of Ladybug, South Park, SVTFOE, Steven Universe, P&F, and of course popular Disney stuff. And lastly I want to talk about the true westaboos from the past. Long before social media or really the internet made it easy for us to watch whatever we want. Their we're the few genuine Westaboos who desperately need wanted VHS toes for popular western stuff. And the weebs from the West wanted popular anime films and shows before they even had surfaced over to the west like Akira. Weebs & westaboos would trade VHS tapes for content. Unfortunately though I don't think these Westaboos really sought out western animation. But I'd be willingly to bet their was a few westaboos who did have in interest in our animation just far more wanted our movies.

>today nobody watches. not only japan tho. nobody in the world watches amerishit cartoons.

There isn't a corner of the Earth where Amerifats aren't absolutely, positively DESPISED. Why burgers think that Japan is the safe haven where they are welcomed, respected and admired is pure delusional bullshit. If anything, the Japanese hold a hatred for Amerifats greater than almost any other, seeing as how Amerifats are still OCCUPYING THEIR COUNTRY WITH THEIR MILITARY and the majority of all rapes in Japan are caused by Murrican soldiers on leave. The Japanese have held protests to try and remove the Murrican bases; do you know what it takes to get the emotionally conservative Japanese to actually protest in the streets?

tl;dr the Japanese hate Amerifats as much as everybody else, if not more. No, they don't care about your shitty bean-mouth cartoons or capeshit comics.

Source: my ass

All that salt and not a source in sight.

>[race] all believe the same things

Imagine being this obsessed over a country, lol.

NCR, my name is Ken Smith.

I'm a 25 year old Shi
牛仔迷 (Cowboy fan for you Communists), and I spend my days drinking Sunset Sarsaparilla and Nuka-Cola and listening to superior American Music (Big Iron, Lonestar, Johnny Guitar, In The Shadow of The Valley)

I train with my .357 Revolver every day, this superior weapon can shoot straight through steel because it kicks ass, and is vastly superior to any other weapon on earth. I earned my gun license two years ago, and I have been getting better every day.

I speak English fluently, both the NCR and the New Vegas accents, and I write fluently as well. I know everything about NCR history and their Constitution, which I follow 100%

When I get my NCR citizenship, I am moving to New Vegas to attend a prestigious King's School to learn more about their magnificent culture. I hope I can become a lynch-pin for a faction vying for the Mojave Wasteland.

I own several cowboy outfits, which I wear around town. I want to get used to wearing them before I move to New Vegas, so I can fit in easier. I tip my cowboy hat to the Veteran Rangers and Troopers and speak English as often as I can, but rarely does anyone manage to respond.

Wish me luck in the Mojave Wasteland

Attached: 1472860840043.jpg (1920x1080, 444K)

>TV Tokyo/Aichi tried to air some of the bigger shows like MLP, TMNT and Transformers
Did they try with Avatar tho? With how much autism there is in the west about "is it an anime??" I am genuinely wondering. And I heard that Gravity Falls was huge in Japan too.

>There is virtually zero interest in foreign animation by the Japanese.
Love it or hate it, RWBY is a fucking miracle then.

Attached: 49632459a00c7a4fbb9348ccf156251e7dda8f60aae59488932b63b54e301f04.png (254x149, 20K)

they hated avatar
you do know the fire nation is supposed to be japan right?

You mean Heaven?

I know some CN shows like EE&E aired in Japan
youtube.com/watch?v=8RlWeFW3Kkg

Reminder that Okuyasu is the dub voice for Eddy.

>you do know the fire nation is supposed to be japan right?

It was in the earliest concepts. Some of it carried in, but the final product Fire Nation was very visually Tang Dynasty China.

>(there used to be a Nickelodeon Japan but it went off the air a decade ago)
Your meme info is out of date. Nick Japan relaunched over a year ago now.
Avatar was supposedly unpopular in Japan... yet Amazon came along in 2016, re-releasing the whole series and even dubbing Book 3 in Japanese because the original Nick channel didn't finish it. So I'm not sure how true that is - I think it had much more to do with the unpopularity of the original Nick Japan than ATLA itself

Gook here. Many cartoons are actually being used to study english.
Especially steven universe and adventure time. We dubbed every english cartoons so we dont have any dub vs sub in the cartoon community. The only cartoon that has some kind of fanbase are we bear bears, TMNT and RWBY.

Attached: IE001152945_STD.jpg (297x404, 76K)

Marvel is pretty big in Japan, they really like Spiderman and the 90s X-MEN cartoon was one of the few Western shows that aired from start to finish during its broadcast. As for Spidey, it was one of the few countries where Amazing Spider-Man 2 beat Avengers: Age of Ultron at the box office, not to mention the recent Spiderverse localizations

>There is virtually zero interest in foreign animation by the Japanese.

To be fair Japan's cartoons cover a lot of genres. So they're largely satisfied with their own content. Though their obsession with Disney is garbage, I hate how Frozen to the Japanese is THE most historically popular Disney film EVER. Repulsive garbage movie.

Anyway, Japanese people don't need Western Cartoons. Westerners need Japanese cartoons because they cover genres and story types that Emasculated Beta Loser Western Countries would never do like show guns that shoot people and they bleed red blood, sexy women, fights worth a damn with punches that connect to the face, teen and adult characters who speak as they should instead of talking like "Gonna kick your butt because we cannot say ass!" Western Animation is shit entirely.

Howdy birdy

So you're saying we ban Japanese cartoons and the desire for better shows will fix the west.

>I know some CN shows like EE&E aired in Japan
They only dubbed the first 2 seasons of Edd Ed n Eddy in Japan (so no, they never made it to the sumo episode).

>and the 90s X-MEN cartoon was one of the few Western shows that aired from start to finish during its broadcast.
Sort of.
The TV Tokyo dub (the one that used the original intros) got cancelled midway through the series.
It was the Toon Disney dub (with a different cast and the original US intro) that got dubbed all the way through.

There's actually a manga about a Japanese westaboo who goes over this one chapter. It's mostly about western movies and not cartoons.

It's called Kine-san no 1-ri de Cinema

Attached: 20.jpg (870x1236, 133K)

REMINDER that the horsey show got broadcast on TV Tokyo in Japan and was so unpopular it got cancelled after 52 episodes.

REMINDER that No Hooves was actually popular and all the new movies, specials and shorts continue to get dubbed and released in Japan as YouTube and Amazon exclusives while no one in Japan gives two shits about horse. Magical schoolgirls ALWAYS win over talking animals.

Actually there is a group of Japanese cinephiles who absolutely hate Japanese dubbed movies because they often get whatever fotm star is hot at the moment to dub a popular movie. Often time said star is terrible and drags down the quality of the movie

I remember the first avengers movie had this problem where they got some actors to dub a movie

Is there anything Japan adores it while no one else gave a shit about it?
I:m from Brazil and stuff like Metal Hero Jiraya and the Dungeons n Dragons cartoons are referenced even to this day despite their countries of origin barely recognizing them

>Mad Max
>Twin Peaks
>Moomin
>Pingu
>Gumball
>Anything Disney including Spiderman and Star Wars but not so much MCU

That's it, move on

The annoying thing about Japanese dubs of Hollywood movies is that every dub is owned by whoever produces it and often times its cheaper for a distributor or TV network to commission their own dub rather than license the one produced by the studio. So most of the really popular Hollywood movies can have 3 or more dubs (I think Star Wars has something like FIVE). The different dubs often stay in circulation, too, so if you're watching TV Asahi, you'll hear one cast, then when you're watching the DVD you'll hear another cast, if you're watching the bluray it might be a DIFFERENT cast, and if a different TV network picks up the movie it could be a different cast again.

It's really irritating; they often use the same translation scripts and frequently use the same voice actors, just playing different parts between the different dubs. So if you're used to Tessho Genda play Character A in the theater or VHS version, when you watch the blu ray suddenly Genda might be playing Character B and it'll be really distracting because he sounds like Character A.

Japanese prefer dubs of American movies 100% of the time, but the idea that there's a consistent uniform dubbing method to them is a lie. Yes, some VAs often get assigned to certain actors and play them frequently, but when each movie has 4 or 5 different dubs with different actors, it's hardly as consistent as it sounds.

Avatar was dubbed but they didn't care for it, too anime when most of them watching a western cartoon channel wanted to watch western style cartoons.

>Westaboos don't exist
>Hideo Kojima says hi

Magical girls have otaku appeal, talking animals are too kiddy or for the kemono crowd. It's similar to how Transformers is strictly for kids over there because humans don't pilot the robots.

>What is Hirohiko Araki?

>Kojima praises Western media
>Is summarily rejected by Japanese society for dishonoring their culture and can no longer find work in his homeland

Punished Kojima just wanted to watch Kindergarten Cop in peace.

Attached: 4.jpg (844x1200, 204K)

Attached: 5.jpg (844x1200, 187K)

Ben 10 is popular in the Middle East and India because they see it as validating cousin marriage.

damn how popular is Batman in japan

Aren't Japbros massive Batfags?

Huge. The user here talking about how Japanese people are averse to consuming import culture is a massive retard.

Based.

For a lot of Japanese Batman and Superman are the default superheroes, although Batman is more popular.All superheros are seen as a Batman thing.

Kind of how like some people call all video games Nintendo here in the west.

Japs are weird like that. They refer to all soda pop as "Coke". They go to a restaurant and order a Coke and the waiter asks what kind of Coke they would like and they say Orange Coke and the waiter brings them a Fanta.

They're just like that with American shit.

Yes

Attached: 1552463176255.jpg (1120x1600, 777K)

Thank you gook-user

You really are stupid, you know that?

Star Wars is Huge in Japan. American actors are on Japanese TV all the time doing embarrassing commercials they would never do in the US. The Powerpuff Girls got it's own anime. Western musicians fill up Japanese stadiums.

Japanese pop-culture is influential in America, but American Pop-Culture has towered over Japan for decades.

some places in the US also refer to all soda as coke

Somewhere the Disney Corporation is laughing.

America IS pop-culture.

pop culture is just the culture of capitalism
american culture is different and they clash often

See: You delusional Amerilard. You think the whole world thinks you're cool, but you're a laughing stock.

>The Japanese have an almost autistic aversion to subtitles, so it's pretty much a dub-only culture. That goes primarily for live-action movies; they often have dedicated voice actors for major Hollywood celebrities so their appearances sound consistent regardless of what movie they're in or what studio. The Japanese simply DO NOT watch subtitles and there isn't a fansub community in Japan like there is in the West.
Jesus Christ, I was vaguely aware of this but it’s still absurd.

you're 100% right. American things are never popular overseas

t. never left Virgin, Alabama.

>Japan
>Okinawa
Wew lad.

People say that about the American South, but I lived there for DECADES, and if I EVER went into a restaurant and asked for a "Coke" I would have been handed a Coca Cola without further discussion.

NOBODY calls Sprite/Mountain Dew/Orange Crush etc. "Coke" in the south, and if you cite one of those surveys that claim it to be true, I don't know what to tell you, other than, it's a lie.

Attached: 9c53892e1e0ad82a7f51b09d3e65a9db.jpg (736x981, 129K)

It doesn't matter how much the world hates America, they still buy American products.

the south says soda and the north say pop
maybe coke is a midwestern thing

Hello Ahmed. How are you this fine Arabian night?

Attached: 59C6358E-7F95-462A-AED6-709C03675626.jpg (571x517, 109K)

>the south says soda and the north say pop

Accurate.

>maybe coke is a midwestern thing

Nah, they say pop too, as far as I know, at least in the northern parts of the Midwest.

The south always gets accused of saying "Coke" for soda, but I've never once experienced that, and I grew up there.

Okay this is cute.
And I guess if you want to convert Japanese otakus to western cartoons, start with a giant mech.

Only northern midwest says pop. Most of the country says soda

Well, OP, there's been a lot of stupid in this thread, but I'm going to give you my best answer.

Japan's most successful pop-culture exports, for the past 40 years have been cartoons, so for a lot of Americans, that's been their main exposure to Japanese cinema and television. There are internationally famous live-action Japanese films, but a lot of these are Akira Kurosawa movies, Samurai films, Godzilla movies, and, for a while, Japanese horror films.

Our primary exposure to Japanese films comes from anime, so if you're into Japanese stuff, you're into Japanese Animation.

America's primary cultural exports are live-action, blockbuster films and television. A lot of this stuff is internationally popular in a way that only Disney Cartoons can match, as far as American Animation goes.

So, if a Japanese person is a BIG fan of American stuff, they're probably mostly going to be into American Live-Action stuff, more than cartoons.

See what I'm getting at here?

Nah, I know a guy from Oregon and he says "Pop".

do the Japanese hated the latest Disney star wars movies outside maybe of Force Awekens

No, and they don't have a fanzine event called Toonmix.

Attached: DyAHSm1UcAUstu9.jpg:orig.jpg (2048x1536, 848K)

Is it ever explained why a lot of the TV Tokyo dubs keep getting cancelled?

reading this thread

Not many of the dubs that air on there actually get dubbed fully.

Cancelled:

>TMNT 03
>TMNT 12
>Horseshow
>Transformers: Prime
>X-Men

The only ones i think that finished completely were like Beast Wars, Transformers: Animated and Iron Man.

Since you've mentioned Hellboy, if you care enough, browse through Fegredo's twitter and at some point you'll come across the japanese guy animating Hellboy and the thousands of japs saying it's the shit in the comments.

whats modern "american pop culture". i genuinely dont get it.
youre just talking about stuff from last century.

capeshit and startwars arent so huge. even japanse noticed the last sw film is shit and heavily pc leaning.
americans havent produced anything new worth their attention since mid 00s

Huh... Not gonna lie, that makes the existence of Superman Legend all the more baffling.

Attached: 4A8B1315-2E5A-44C6-A28D-17CDF363129E.jpg (584x335, 48K)

Family Guy is far too American for Japanese audiences.

This picture is surreal to me.
Spy vs Spy? Villainous? Skullgirls? Wakfu?
...and is that a fucking Cuphead doujin?!

>It's really irritating; they often use the same translation scripts and frequently use the same voice actors, just playing different parts between the different dubs. So if you're used to Tessho Genda play Character A in the theater or VHS version, when you watch the blu ray suddenly Genda might be playing Character B and it'll be really distracting because he sounds like Character A.

Look at Koichi Yamadera, he has voiced both Marty AND Doc in Back to the Future.

Attached: koichi yamadera back to the future.jpg (657x269, 43K)

Attached: 1461446900759.png (253x238, 65K)

TV Tokyo is at least, once every couple of years, willing to give 1 Western cartoon a timeslot to see how it does. No other broadcast network in Japan does that. They never, ever do well and a factor in that is the timeslots they're often given suck (Horse Show was 7:30am on Tuesdays; kids leave for school before 7:00am, so there was no one around to even know it was on).

What's more surprising is that series that USED to do well on TV Tokyo have been bombing. Transformers held a single evening timeslot for something like 10 years (Beast Wars thru Galaxy Force, I think). But Animated had to chop off 3 episodes of its run and Prime did so poorly it didn't make it past season 2. Robots in Disguise got shunted to a satellite network and TV Tokyo has given up on Transformers entirely. The original TMNT ran for 101 episodes which is huge (foreign animation NEVER lasts that long), but TV Tokyo's attempts to find similar success with the 2003 and 2012 TMNT shows have failed.

It could be evidence of shifting cultural attitudes in Japan. In the 80s and 90s they were more accepting of foreign media, but now they reject it outright. Or it could just be that all those shows they're importing now suck and they don't want them.

TV Tokyo, though, has had a longstanding habit of giving the foreign shows they import self-referential gag dubs. X-Men, Transformers and TMNT were all rescripted and directed by the same guy, Iwanami Yoshikazu, and he turned them all into self-parodies. He implemented a "house style" for all foreign animation being broadcast on TV Tokyo and after 15-20 years of it, could be that audiences were getting bored with all the adlibbing and self-aware jokes.

Dunno about no hooves, but japanese dubbed horse has horrible voice acting and cuts the show to fit shorter time frame, and make space for bloated shit opening.

Opening, ending and insert songs are big business in Japan.

Also had to cut time (total of 3 minutes of content per episode) for a "corner program" at the end. These have become REALLY popular in the last few years and all of TV Tokyo's shows have added them. Transformers Animated and Prime both had to have 3 minutes cut to make room for the longer OP/ED sequences and the new corner programs.

They're used to provide "educational" content, like a word of the day thing, but also to advertise products. The Transformers corner programs were literally just actors showing kids at home how to transform the latest toys.

>TV Tokyo, though, has had a longstanding habit of giving the foreign shows they import self-referential gag dubs. X-Men, Transformers and TMNT were all rescripted and directed by the same guy, Iwanami Yoshikazu, and he turned them all into self-parodies. He implemented a "house style" for all foreign animation being broadcast on TV Tokyo and after 15-20 years of it, could be that audiences were getting bored with all the adlibbing and self-aware jokes.

see i think this is a big thing i was thinking myself.

Especially since in the making of Prime's Japanese dub tv special Iwanami showed his seiyuu cast the original version of the episode Predatory (Airachnid's debut episode) and they were genuinely shocked how much darker it was.

It's a shame really. he has a knack for casting....well sort of, he gets a lot of great VAs. If maybe he'd try to cast his dubs the way he casts his anime and take it seriously, mostly accurate scripting and characterization, perhaps maybe Japanese folks would care.

BTW Iwanami is also the voice director of anime like Kill La Kill and the Fate franchise among many other iconic anime, so he's a damn good voice director.

>whats modern "american pop culture". i genuinely dont get it.
>youre just talking about stuff from last century.

Yes, Modern American pop-culture is just a super-high-budget retread of 20th-century IPs. This is a known problem, and part of why I'm tired of superhero films.

I suspect this is a problem all over the planet, though. (Looking at you, England.)

FG also makes fun of Japan a lot and they’re uber-sensitive about that.

Attached: EB8DD3F7-5D73-4490-B8E8-B25416D78CA1.jpg (480x360, 22K)

Cocks, I've seen Murricans get the absolute shite kicked out of them on sight around here. You aren't welcome here or anywhere else.

I saw it subbed on youtube and a lot of them were laughing at it

It was the bubble economy, people just kept throwing money at anything animated to see what would stick.

>The Simpsons stopped being dubbed in Japan during season 11
It’s because of “Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo” right?

Attached: 72B0ABCB-D05A-4F99-AE65-DE07C4ED02EE.jpg (1486x1065, 481K)

The episode of the Simpsons where they visit Tokyo is banned from both broadcast and home video in Japan (the Japanese DVD sets skip it entirely). And the Chinpokomon and Ladder to Heaven episodes of South Park are likewise banned from broadcast or home video (again, the Japanese DVDs leave them out).

The Japanese are great at laughing at other cultures and but a Zero Tolerance Policy when it comes to any foreign media making light of them. Stuff like this is probably why that rumor the Japanese were super offended by Avatar TLA and the Fire Nation being based on them gained so much traction. Probably not true but sounds like it COULD be true, given their history and how bad they are at taking jokes about themselves.

Uh-Huh. You're a real tough-guy, aren't cha?

Japanese confirmed for having good taste.

Really, anything past season 10 in the Simpsons is a cultural footnote anyway.

Simpsons and Disney are known there. That show that must not be mentioned here has a fanbase. South Park has niche fanbase but very productive one so all the westaboo doujinshi events are full of South Park doujinshi. Same for Voltron. MCU is somewhat big. Basically anything with large male cast can make it there.

They stopped dubbing South Park after season 7 I think because it took way too much time. It's got fansubs for every season and game though, and Phone Destroyer has a Japanese version.

Is it? I think the characters aren't just cute enough. This is why Shrek didn't do very well in Japan even though it was a massive hit in USA.

Is the cartoon good for "mania", obsessive fan culture? Then it can do well in Japan.

Don't they get offended if you depict the Emperor in a silly light? IIRC, Homer killed their Emperor by throwing him into a box full of sumo wrestler pants or something.

Also didn't they ban the King of the Hill episode for the same reason?

The Chinpokomon episode of South Park didn't get dubbed because it said Emperor has a small penis. Japan isn't like Thailand though where you can get legally punished for insulting him.

Britbong here. I remember watching an episode that had a joke about some gum commercial. It went over my head because the gum thing was obviously an American thing that only Americans would get.

FG is riddled with stuff like that.

>Do Japs watch western cartoons?
Yes.
No, thats behavior that kind of exclusive to Americans due to weeaboo culture from the early 2000's.

Same in France. It's already pretty bad with the Simpsons, but at least the comedy was solid and the French dub was genuinely good. But when it comes to Family Guy it completely flopped since it almost entirely rely on references and cutaway jokes with untranslatable puns. On the other hand, American Dad is super popular because it draws more on the over-the-top American self-parody that pure pop culture.

Same thing with Animaniacs btw. Animaniacs and Tiny Toons flew waaaay over the head of French children with all its Hollywood in-jokes. They weren't complete flop, but today they are nowhere as popular as Pinky and the Brain (Minus et Cortex) are with there more universal "conquer the world" humor.

>Also didn't they ban the King of the Hill episode for the same reason?
They only dubbed the first season of King of the Hill (hilariously badly), so they never made it to the Japan episode.

>On the other hand, American Dad is super popular because it draws more on the over-the-top American self-parody that pure pop culture.

One of America's chief media exports is movies and TV shows themed around how stupid, fat, lazy,violent and worthless Americans are. Foreign markets that hate Americans eat that stuff up because it tells them exactly what they want to hear.

That's not entirely true tho.
I won't lie, in France there is a latent anti-American sentiment that is always there (and quite honestly, is mostly pure jealousy that their cultural properties are more popular then the local and more "artistic" productions), people who watch stuff like FG, Simpsons, Futurama, and American Dad are clearly people that don't care, and even love American culture.
People who hate America will never watch American Dad or the Simpsons because it is a "thoughtful parody" or anything like that, it's already way too gross and stupid for them.

youtube.com/watch?v=d7ayvdSL2Nc

Attached: jap1.jpg (594x445, 59K)

I watched a documentary recently about the creation of Disney Land Paris (then Euro Disney Land). French protestors actually sabotaged rail tracks and electrical substations with explosives and rioted in the streets on opening day to prevent the park from opening, they hated the idea of "American Imperialism" so much.

I think now Disney Land Paris is the most visited place in France, even more so than Paris. That can't feel too good, considering how hard the French fought to keep the park from opening and how much they hate having an American landmark in their country.

The Japanese Kyle voice is too cute
nicovideo.jp/watch/sm8484601

Patrick and Plankton are voiced by women in the Japanese dub.

....I kinda don't get why.

Plankton especially, the joke is that he's the smallest guy in town yet he has one of the deepest voices.

Weird thing is that the Spongebob Movie has a completely different cast from the TV series. Plankton in the Movie has the deep voice he has in the US, but Plankton in the TV series is super high pitched. Likewise, Patrick in the Movie has an "adult simpleton" voice closer to his English portrayal, while in the TV series he sounds like a little kid.

Dunno why they didn't use the TV cast for the movie. Wouldn't that piss fans off?

these suckers must have balls. why haven't they bombed us yet?

Japanese movie dubs tend to get big-name talent to play the roles.

Wait... Is that Villanous?

Attached: gif-1.gif (480x270, 3.59M)

They kept everyone but Patrick and Plankton for the movie dub.

well the first one.

in the Sponge out of Water dub. Patrick got recast with a different seiyuu. Plankton has his show seiyuu and Squidward got a new seiyuu since his previous one passed away.

and his current voice is fucking Speedwagon from Jojo.

PROS to having opened Euro Disneyland in Italy:

*Accessible to all of Europe
*HUGE Disney culture; Duck comics are still the best selling comics in the country
*It is further south and the climate is much warmer and the winters much milder, meaning the park can be open more days out of the year without having to worry about weather
*Everyone loves Disney like holy fuck they love Disney

PROS to opening Euro Disneyland in France

*Literally none
*The French hate Disney, hate America, hate cultural imperialism and absolutely fucking HATE Disney
*Whenever something happens that the French don't like they riot like chimps and destroy property (which is exactly what they did when Euro Disneyland opened)
*They. HATE. Disney.

Bravo, Eisner, you fucking genius.

Rioting is the French notional sport. It doesn't mean anything anymore. We riot for everything, so now even if people riot for important matters nobody cares and treats them as if they were rioting for the prices of croissants.

And again, ultimately the purely anti-American French are a minority even in France. They view themselves as a cultural elite. They are some sort of reverse rednecks, just as angry and full of themselves.
All that said Disney is itself a special case, as even the most pro-American are cautious when it comes to Disney stuff. We love them, but we know that they're insidious businessman that want nothing but our money. But as long as the product is good, we'll blindly gobble it up.

>reverse rednecks
we have those in america also, they come from cali and the east cost

Huh, the Japanese Wikipedia claimed it was dubbed until season 14.
"banned" is rather strong, as far as I'm aware there's no legal prohibition on it. Little Big Mom was also never released there because Japs are touchy about leprosy.

French are super huge on Disney comics too. We don't have as much good writers and artists here, but we translate Italian and American stuff all the time. Le Journal de Mickey is fucking 80 years old!
"Gyro Gearloose" is now a common term to describe a gadgeteer genius in French, used even by people who never read the comics in their life, and the character is treated almost as highly as Scrooge in kids publications.

Attached: page0001_1.jpg (483x650, 80K)

it feels like Disney comics are popular everywhere but america

>it feels like Disney comics are popular everywhere but america

That is pretty much the truth, yes. The Kingdom Hearts manga originally got cancelled mid-story due to low sales in the US and that was when KHII came out and it was the height of hype for that franchise. The manga kept going in Japan, though (it might have finally gotten picked back up in the US, but I dunno). There are a lot of Disney manga, particularly movie adaptations, that have never been released in the US. You'd think Disney would be all over the fact that they have an adaptation of Bambi by freakin OSAMU TEZUKA that they could parade around, but nah. Nobody in the US would buy it regardless of pedigree.

If it has Mickey on it, nobody in this country wants to touch it. We have rejected our own creation.

>I think it had much more to do with the unpopularity of the original Nick Japan than ATLA itself
Bingo. Original NickJapan was very unpopular mostly because, like CN, it was a premium channel available only in select areas. Avatar suffered because the rest of the channel did. Those who watched Avatar liked it.

Don Rosa has said that no one recognizes him in America, but he's a huge thing in Europe and people ask his autograph.

We're only just now getting complete collections of Don Rosa and Carl Barks in the US and they've had those in Europe, Brazil and near everywhere for decades. And they're high end collectible releases meant for adults because kids don't read Disney comics.

But on the subject of Japan, I don't think they even KNOW about Barks or Rosa or foreign Disney comics in general. They have their domestic Disney manga, but that's it.

Maybe they need to make a manga adaptation of their works and...

Oh no. Now I want a The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck anime by Studio Trigger.

Attached: jFRx2Kl.jpg (768x555, 138K)

>English IPs
>implying

The only cultural exports of note we've had in the last few years are Doctor Who, which is dead, again, Sherlock Holmes, who's public domain, Black Mirror and Peppa Pig. Somebody tried to reboot Danger Mouse and no one gave a shit. Mostly we just get whatever America sends us.

>Somebody tried to reboot Danger Mouse and no one gave a shit.
That is the only media to come out of England in the last decade or more that I've actually enjoyed (even though they tainted it with John Oliver). A shame.

A lot of traits seen as masculine in the West are seen as homosexual in Japan. Maybe not deep voices per se, but the juxtaposition of a small 'cute' man with a dominating masculine trait doesn't translate well.

Vice versa a lot of masculine traits in Japan are seen as homosexual in the West. Hence all the really effeminate looking boy bands.

His wife wanted an easy route to Paris so she could go shopping. That's it.

They couldn't even build it in the warm part of France where people would want to visit, you've got a park with the climate of England with a staff and population even more dour and unhelpful than the Brits are.

Katzenberg's a bitter butthurt egomaniac but I can empathize at his frustration over being shunted out by a complete fucking mongoloid like Eisner who just shat awwy all your accomplishments.

I know who I'm play as for my next New Vegas Character

>His wife wanted an easy route to Paris so she could go shopping. That's it.

I'd heard that. I dunno if it's a rumor or true, but it sounds like the kinda shithead thing Eisner would do. I WANT to believe it, anyway.

Attached: KS-here-its-pop.png (700x461, 196K)

"Coke" is definitely a catchall term for requesting a "cola" (it's why the "Is Pepsi okay?" phrase exists), but no one uses it to mean all carbonated beverages. If you want a Sprite or a Mountain Dew, you ask for one of those or a brand equivalent. No one orders a Coke and expects to be served a Fresca.

Sheeit. They'd go crazy for it. They're stuck in the 80's, FG constantly references the 80's...it would be like crack for them.

Uh, nope. Was in the Air Force with people from all over. there were people who called Orange soda "coke. Some regions call ALL sodas Coke. They also called a water fountain a "bubbler" for some reason.

You're right user, after all we all know the japs absolutely hated Frozen.

Attached: 1524804823733.jpg (643x702, 46K)

>pic
I wonder if there's a Japanese dub of The Incredibles

I don't give a DAMN what that map says. I LIVED in the green patch, for 20 YEARS, and nobody, but NOBODY asks for a "Coke" unless they want a Coca-Cola.

If I went to a restaurant in any of those places in green, and asked for a Coke, the waiter isn't going to ask, "What kind of Coke do you want?" They're going to go back to the kitchen and get me a Coca-Cola.

Attached: DONT.jpg (286x500, 122K)

>I wonder if there's a Japanese dub of The Incredibles

This is advanced ignorance.

That's the thing about American Cultural exports. People in here saying, "Such-and-Such country HATES America" as if it could stop the steamroller that is the American entertainment industry.

Howdy.

>no westaboos
get fucked in one image

Attached: jolyne.png (600x908, 481K)

Howdy!!

There is

What a fucking bitch

>The only cartoon that has some kind of fanbase are we bear bears,
Bless your souls for having superior taste.

panty and stocking pretty much exists because a bunch of artists and writers from gainax drunkly watched ren & stimpy and drawn together

Attached: psg.jpg (976x916, 183K)

But why didn't CN shut down, and remained more popular?

Japan like the Showa Era, the periods of the 80s before the bubble burst.

Araki is an exception. MOFO is an honorary american.

The feeling is mutual, Americans hate the French and their shitty New Wave Movies.

Even the French hate the Nouvelle Vague. They are 70 years old movies. Not that current French films are much better tho.

Based Araki spoiling the readers

I bet Jackass was very popular around the world for that reason; the intro even had the American flag behind the title.

Attached: 17A54EF9-68ED-4E1A-8769-3BC00995F0A8.png (934x700, 451K)

Do you realize how much manga and anime resemble or integrate elements of western culture? One Piece? Jojo? Full Metal Alchemist? Lodoss? Spice & Wolf? Half of Ghibli's properties? Gunsmith Cats? Not to mention their games have tons of western shit in it.

This is so close to being completely accurate, but

>The Japanese don't reject their own culture and put someone else's on a pedestal

what is “literally the entirety of Japanese history,” user

Asian here, there are some "westaboo" here but they watch both anime and cartoon. Also most of them admit that modern cartoons are vastly inferior to anime in term of design / animation

Unlike anime/ manga which is regarded as something for teen / young adult, cartoon is thought of as something for kid / teen

Attached: what8.jpg (945x556, 157K)

Why are weeaboos so shit incompare to westaboo? You can feel they put so much love and effort into their westaboo works, all while weeaboo shit always borders on furry blob deviantart tier kind of bad

Is it because of the mental illness?

I know that nipponese nerds were crazy about western TV shows, and traded their anime for tapes of it. That's how the anime tape trading started in the 60s/70s.

Would you say that Western cartoons are about as niche in Japan as tokusatsu shows (excluding Power Rangers, I guess) are in the West? Genuine question.

Transformers having that timeslot for ten years was helped by the fact that there was almost always a Japanese-made TV show on at the time (Beast Wars II and Neo, Car Robots, Micron Legend, SuperLink and Galaxy Force), so it's not so much a "Western" thing in and of itself

JAPAN IS THE REAL CHINA

ALSO THEY'VE NEVER FELT INADEQUATE OR COPIED WESTERN CULTURE IN ANY WAY

I don’t know about japan but my cousins in Thailand have bootleg spongebob plushies. So American cartoons are definitely popular enough in countries other than the Americas.

Hmm. I don't know. Tokusatsu stuff is way more niche than anime here, so I have no idea if that's comparable.

I feel like cartoons should have more international appeal, but then again, Power Rangers was HUGE for a while, so maybe the western cartoons that do succeed over there are comparable.

Outside of a few particular shows (KotH, Gravity Falls, a few Spiderman adaptations) this is absolutely correct. The Japanese are insular and have a very hard time enjoying things from other cultures, surprise.

The older sister in my host family loved Disney movies and the Simpsons

I always wondered if we have asians anons currently living in their respective countries in Yea Forums, I know anime is something to be watched by teen and probably people in their 20’s, but what about western cartoons? Are they seem like a different kind of animation, is considered inferior or just another one?

Howdy

Attached: 1392048466123.jpg (900x505, 639K)

Its probably the most popular cartoon in korea

Attached: 1502617437843185.jpg (550x383, 249K)

PREFERING to hear a language you cant UNDERSTAND is fucking autistic in the first place.

Reading subtitles is merely a Band-Aid to fix a problem low cost and quickly export. These fucking autistic weaboos who in 2019 dont want to hear their own language are scum sucking retards.

Attached: 1552498211376.jpg (480x360, 15K)

howdy

ravioli, rigattoni
kill yourself
no rhymes

This image is just making me miss K.N.D. all over again.

Bless your Seoul, then.

howdy

literally based

think that's bad, the jap dub of SU is the stuff of ridicule.

Tom & Jerry have been long-beloved in Japan

Number 274 looks really cool there

>106438271
I think the main problem is that most dub voice actors are shit.

oh shit I didn't think that would actually post, I'm supposed to be perma banned

>King of the Hill
Interesting, Japanese like that?

I follow a hentai artist on twitter who shares pictures of her watching rick and morty. She also made fanarts of Hilda and Parks and Recreation. Other than that. I havent seen real westaboos.

Bullshit. Following mostly jap artists and accounts on twitter I see numerous posts and RTs about western blockbusters, all time classics and even recent Yea Forums and Yea Forums content like Undertale/Delta Rune and Steven Universe. Lately it's Spiderverse. It might not be on a similar scale to weebos, considering even really obscure seasonal shows have a following on the west, but westaboos are very much a thing. It goes both ways, Japan is no exception. They've been consuming and assimilating our media for decades the same way we do theirs.

>Lately it's Spiderverse
And Spidey's had a pretty big fanbase over there for a long ass time.

Weeaboos are basically mentally ill, so having someone obsess over the cartoons that you made is not really something you have to be proud about.

Attached: IMG_4522.png (350x405, 107K)

South Park got some fans and still does despite it hasn’t been dubbed for a long time. What is special is that all the fans of it there are women who just like the cute boys while in the West it’s the normies and edgy libertarian youtubers.

youtu.be/b1hy3ZzsC_I

Some do but its like anime is here where only the really dorky people bother with it

Attached: 24 - IP6p5Rx.jpg (1200x1756, 771K)

What happened with Star fire, raven and Black fire? The rest looks pretty like the serie. They looks pretty generic.

The artist probably wanted to accentuate their more attractive features, this come from a porn doujin btw

whats so bad about it?

it's SU

>but I think he has some homosexual intentions

Attached: ha.jpg (680x763, 48K)

Howdy

It's because most dubs sound like dogshit. The dub industry is the laughing stock of voice acting.

I thought all soda was just under "juice" there.

>I watched a documentary recently about the creation of Disney Land Paris (then Euro Disney Land).
No you didn't, you watched DefunctLand. I did too.

Tom and Jerry (the original cartoons) have fucking narration and voice acting in them. Are the Japanese that fucking stupid that they can't appreciate silent comedy?

Howdy

God that manga needs to get a English release already.

>anglotards seriously actually believe this

This is based if true.

What the fuck is wrong with you.

>Capeshit and beanface
I see, you are not from here.

Attached: Aurora.png (535x437, 398K)

Tentacle rapists are no joke, bro

Japanese people are fans of dadrock and metal

Many people do watch with subs but people don't argue about subs vs. dubs.
However, there are tons of dubs depending on the movie, mostly since each TV station has a different Japanese dub.
For example, the dubs for Alien are:
>1. Fuji TV dub (Theatrical Cut)
>2. TV Asahi dub (Theatrical Cut)
>3. LaserDisc dub (Theatrical Cut)
>4. VHS/DVD dub (Theatrical Cut)
>5. DVD/Blu-ray dub (Director's Cut)
The Japanese Emperor of Dubbing Edition Blu-ray of Alien has all of these dubs alongside the original English version and music-only audio tracks.

And the sequels, also had a ton of different Japanese dubs and also they had Emperor of Dubbing Edition Blu-rays in Japan.

Another example would be The Sound of Music.
It's an interesting case, though, since most of the made-for-TV Japanese dubs are incomplete, and the Japanese 50th Anniversary Edition Blu-ray fills in these gaps by presenting these scenes in English with Japanese subtitles.
The Japanese dubs for The Sound of Music are:
>TV Asahi dub (1976, 128 minutes)
>Fuji TV dub (1978, 150 minutes)
>VHS/DVD dub (1985, uncut)
>40th Anniversary Edition DVD dub (2006, uncut)
>TV Tokyo dub (2011, uncut)
>50th Anniversary Edition Blu-ray dub (2015, uncut)
The Japanese version of the 50th Anniversary Edition Blu-ray has all of these dubs.
This is very common in Japan and these are just a couple of examples but it's mostly Fox that does these Blu-rays with a fuckton of Japanese dubs.
The most recent one to get this treatment is Prometheus, which only had two different dubs: one for the theatrical release and another for the DVD/Blu-ray release.

I've yet /not/ seen fanart for western things that were easily available for them as well (like Netflix shows, animation movies from Disney and Dreamworks). However, it is hard to glorify the US, for example, what with all the shootings, medical care and stretches of nothing.

HOWEVER, since nippon likes its romance aesthetic, some have a major blow when they discover that Paris, "capital of romance" is just another metropole.
> en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris_syndrome

howdy

Of course they do. I think their appreciation for classical music stemmed from Tom and Jerry.

HOWDY
Please let them come back, Capcom.

A lot of classic Disney, MGM and Warner Bros animated shorts have multiple dubs. The original vintage dubs for Looney Tunes, Disney and Tom & Jerry that aired on Japanese TV all the way through the 90s were AWFUL. They had narrators that described everything happening on screen like play by play commentary. Looney Tunes and Disney got redubbed in the 2000s with more accurate voices, translations and no narration and the new versions are much better. For Tom & Jerry, I think they just deleted the needless commentary narration and let the pantomime play out.

On the subject of Japanese dubs of American cartoons, they're as bad at dubbing our stuff as we are at dubbing their stuff.

>Interesting, Japanese like that?
It got cancelled after only 1 season, so no.

>Pretty much only Disney.
No, Tiny Toons was a monster size hit in Japan, even out did Sazae-San in ratings back in it's day, SpongeBob & Teen Titans Go are also big there too.
This, oh so much this.
Explain this then...
youtube.com/watch?v=vsQrKZcYtqg
Orange Coke is now a thing.
amazon.com/Coca-Cola-Coke-Orange-Vanilla-Soda/dp/B07NDR7P8X/ref=sr_1_6?crid=3HLN72MD6JUGY&keywords=coke&qid=1552653737&s=gateway&sprefix=coke,aps,257&sr=8-6
They also have Coke free style machines that dispense the non vanilla version of it as well, it's also huge in Russia as well.
Large Marge will like to have a word with you, same with the movie.

>Tom and Jerry (the original cartoons) have fucking narration and voice acting in them. Are the Japanese that fucking stupid that they can't appreciate silent comedy?

You should watch the dub of the G1 Transformers cartoon. It has a nonstop narrator in it, too.

>Optimus Prime opens fire on the Decepticons
>"Suddenly, Convoy shot at the Destrons!"
>Optimus Prime says, "Autobots, we must stop Megatron!"
>"And then, Convoy ordered the Cybertrons to defeat Megatron!"

It's fucking awful. But like another user said, the original dubs for Tom & Jerry, Looney Tunes and Mickey Mouse all had narration in them. It was a common thing to do in Japan for shows aimed at really, really little kids (and yes, in Japan, Transformers is the "baby's first mecha anime" series).

Fuck off Famicom/TMS Fag. you played your hand too quickly.

>No, Tiny Toons was a monster size hit in Japan,

Oh hey, it's Famicom. Hi, Famicom! Also, you're wrong! Tiny Toons got cancelled in Japan after only 35 episodes, you fucking dumbass.

Now fuck off.

>celebrate Christmas and Valentine's day
>learn English in school
>traditional values being replaced by neoliberalism
>The Japanese are cultural isolationists. They have less than a passing interest in anything foreign.
boi

Tiny Toons had 88 episodes aired before it got replaced by Batman:TAS, all Telecom animated episodes have aired there.

Japs think their cartoons are superior to everyone else so no they don't really care about western cartoons.

Hope this helps.

>If anything, the Japanese hold a hatred for Amerifats greater than almost any other, seeing as how Amerifats are still OCCUPYING THEIR COUNTRY WITH THEIR MILITARY and the majority of all rapes in Japan are caused by Murrican soldiers on leave. The Japanese have held protests to try and remove the Murrican bases; do you know what it takes to get the emotionally conservative Japanese to actually protest in the streets?

This is the main reason the Japanese despise Americans and American media like movies and cartoons can't get a foothold in their country. You shitheads are still occupying their land with your military and your soldiers run roughshod all over their citizens without any penalties for their crimes. They have a solid reason to hate you.

TMS Fag, please. There is enough shitposting in this thread. We don't need your bullshit on top of it.

Yea, TV Tokyo skipped some of the episodes during it's original Japanese run, those episodes did air years later on Cartoon Network Japan however.
youtube.com/watch?v=zPwYlmavDqk

>Show had a ton of episodes skipped during original broadcast
>only some of the skipped episodes were aired a decade later on a satellite network
>"monster hit in Japan"

Yeah, that's how you know it was Famicom posting.

Fuck off, Famicom.

The Japanese Wikipedia lacks alot of date about it's Japanese broadcast.
It's not Famicom.

>It's not Famicom.

And that's how we know you are Famicom; only he is so autistic that he has to insist he isn't Famicom. Now tell us how "that has been debunked". We can't wait.

Also...
>All episodes were dubbed into Japanese.
>TV Tokyo aired 88 of the 98 episodes on it's original run.
>Cartoon Network Japan aired all 98 episodes.

>Source: MY ASS

Fuck off, Famicom.

This is not completely accurate. Japanese love for foreign art is pretty proportional to how well their economy is doing. In the late 70s all the way up to the great real estate and debt crash, they consumed western art. There was an obvious impact on Japanese anime, music, and games.

After the decline, japan turned inward and you see less of an influence.

Most countries are like this. When wealthy is booming, people buy whatever they like from where ever. When things are bad, they turn inward and become protective of their native output.

It is too early for your brand of autism and bullshitting, Famicom/TMS Fag. Fuck off back to bed, please.

Used to teach in Japan. Kids there were obsessed with Spongebob.

Also got free omurice at a westaboo's restaurant (there was a Snoopy statue outside) once for being an American. Was a pretty cool evening.

They should hate their own government then.

The US's presence in japan subsidizes what japan spends on defense. It is also a huge deterrent against China and Korea wrecking japan for what they did in ww2

The only reason Japan needs to US military presence for protection is because the Japanese constitution, written by Americans in the wake of WWII, forbids them from having an active military (only a self defense force). So they have no choice but to suffer the continued presence of American soldiers in their country because Americans won't let them have their own military.

They no longer have that part of the constitution, they got rid of it awhile back because North Korea was shooting missiles over Japan and Japan had enough.

Use whatever poll you like. The US is among the most hated in all of them for at least 80% of countries.

Well, transformers are kind of childish.

Most of it doesnt deal with complex relationships. And the combat and consequences of war are very neutered.

So they are like my 80 year old southern grandmother?

Transformers, at least how its written in the US, is more mature than, say, SD Gundam, but falls quite short of being as mature as, as, any Big Boy Gundam.

Japanese dubs of American Transformers cartoons or domestically produced Transformers cartoons are typically more childish and aim for a younger audience than what the US goes for. They're more competition for SD Gundam than Gundam Gundam. But the Transformers brand in general has been floundering in the Japanese market lately regardless of demographic appeal. It mostly has to do with the live-action movie series and their decision to appeal hardcore to the Chinese market. The Japanese don't like the Chinese and don't like seeing all the pro China shit in a Transformers movie, so they've kind of turned their backs on the series entirely.

It's an old woman thing.

Everyone I know asks what you want to drink, because water and sweet tea are also available.

Should have let Germany keep the place.

Howdy

SeeAlso, it is laughable that you think japan can take on China and Korea alone without using technology that would end life on the planet. There is no way japan would survive a conflict with China without the aid of a super power. And the US is the only one that wouldn't eradicate their culture.

They should let japan do a mature manga and if it takes off, make a show.

There are enough adult transformers fans in the west that it could be an international success.

The only real issue would be autist crying over fembots and robots, as the manga would just be a reskinned gundam or macross so there would be romance and implied sex. Maybe some butt shots of fembots that look a little young.

The current Transformers Legends manga is the longest running TF manga series ever and its mostly geared at older fans while being accessible to kids. It's packed with fanservice, both of the T&A and "references only old people and the autistic would get" varieties.

I've read it and while it has an interesting premise and actually a somewhat complex mythology, it's still somehow not very ambitious in its storytelling or narrative. It's mostly gag-centric. I like it well enough and its doing well to keep going after all this time, but I think there's a ceiling in Japan that Transformers can never break through, as they'll always be seen as the kiddy mecha franchise. It doesn't do any good for the US to produce more mature Transformers media, either, because it always gets dumbed down upon translation for release in Japan.

French here.
Except they were right to be mad because Disneyland Paris is a travesty.
It was sold to the public as a good investment, when everyone there knew that due to the nature of the park it could never work out, robbing a lot of small peoples. Disneyland Paris is managed by another company that pay for the Disney license an absurd price, just enough to make sure that it'll always be deemed as "dangerously close to failure", draining a lot of money from the state, and the people.
It helps with tourism in local economy, but it's a leech, the money we barely get from it isn't worth all it take from us.

Yes and yes

KOTH has a sub vs dub argument

Clearly, the solution to this is to smash windows, flip cars, throw rocks at cops, attack random strangers in the streets, blow up power substations, sabotage railways and bring all commerce in the area to a halt. That'll solve the problem!

The fuck are you on, goblino?

>god awful traslations
>god awful voice acting
>different soundtrack
>censorship
>somehow you are autistic if you prefer subs over the shitty dubs

I despise threads like this, because one person says something with confidence and then it gets parroted in future threads full of Japanese Culture Experts for the next half year.

I say this as someone who's lived in Japan for more than five years, which means fuck all, so the opinion of some dude living in Bumfuck Arkansas posting on Yea Forums should matter even less.

/thread

They love Charlie Brown so much they have a museum dedicated to snoopy

They also love Disney to an unhealthy degree

heh

>Bumfuck Arkansas

The Japanese have such a hardon for "the spiritual reinvigorating powers of being among nature" that I think they'd actually love Arkansas if they ever visited it. It's 75% untamed wilderness.

howdy

Japanese traveling abroad like to have their hand held by participating in gigantic tour groups that keep them feeling as comfortable as possible.

They would hate anything that ruins their image of America. This "the spiritual reinvigorating powers of being among nature" nonsense is orientalism. They're not training under a waterfall like monks, they just like taking pictures for instagram.

>This "the spiritual reinvigorating powers of being among nature" nonsense is orientalism.

B-But those Begin Japanology videos on youtube told me...

Please tell me the last episode 5 was the last to be dubbed.

>bags bunny
Who does he fight? Yosodomy Sam?

fine. i won't post those. i'll post kohei horikoshi's figurine collection

Attached: horikoshi's room.png (1030x720, 889K)

>We dubbed every english cartoons so we dont have any dub vs sub in the cartoon community.
We also dub pretty much every reasonably popular anime, but we still have people bitching about how they'd rather watch subs.

Attached: nT1_E_2yCNy_R2-FjB7CUoZxl-Q2k3x2UxTN_xZ06P8[1].jpg (592x304, 47K)

huh
literal stupid american view

howdy

Japs love Superman and Batman

>I think now Disney Land Paris is the most visited place in France
Not even close pal

Because they're Japanese, simple as that.
Is the same as why fanartists in Japan are God-tier while western ones are just calarts and tumblr-nose.
It's just work ethics folded over a thousand times and being endlessly told that if you're gonna do something you better become the fucking best at it you can or don't bother while baka gaijins are told anything they do is amazing and keep getting participation trophies for anything they do so there's no reason or desire to improve or get better or git gud at their craft.

The full context is that she was late for class because MLP aired in Japan on Tuesdays at 7:30am, which is when most classes start (so the only way to watch MLP in Japan is to be tardy). It had a really bad time slot.

>They had narrators that described everything happening on screen like play by play commentary
Latino dubs only have a narrator to translate words on screen. For example, Wile E. Coyote’s ACME rocket would be read as “Cohete marca ACME.”

A lot of international versions of cartoons do that instead of super imposing translated text on screen for some reason. But I guess it beats those weird Soviet Bloch Nation dubs, where they have a single actor talking over the English audio track and you can't tell who the fuck is saying what because it sounds like a garble.

are you talking about these manga?

Attached: kilala_banniereannonce.jpg?itok=iIiV2DD5.jpg (1260x658, 200K)

Western cartoon/comic artists in general are shit

The only passable ones are traditional capeshit ones
Still boring and lifeless tho

Not sure what you’re implying exactly but JoJo x any of those would be glorious

There's the french manga radiant
Funnily enough the english translation makes the whole thing a lot better than the original french version which has a very childish tone while the translation is more mature
So sometime dub > original

>The Japanese are cultural isolationists. They have less than a passing interest in anything foreign
>Except for McDonalds, whiskey, rock and pop music, car culture, Elvis, southern California, cowboys esp. John Wayne's roles, American action, sci-fi, and horror movies, and 100,000 other fucking things that get Japs wet

They would never admit to liking any of those things. It would dishonor their ancestors and bring shame upon their family name.

I'm Japanese. I was a fan of south park. It was easy to watch it with fan-sub before but many of them suddenly got deleted from Japanese websites. Jap companies are very strict for some reason and I think that's really an obstacle to western cartoons in Japan. It's so hard to watch Simpsons here. Normies love disney like the rest of the world. There are also hardcore fans of American comics. but there are no many opportunities to freely watch/read them for most Japanese.

>subs vs dubs
subs are so much better to me but once fans get used to dubs, the argument will never ends.

Attached: 1549234029357.jpg (338x638, 158K)

Disney characters in general are kind of unpopular in the US. They’re mostly just seen as corporate logos.
Same thing in Canada.

>Doctor Who, which is dead,
>doctor who is dead
I’m laughing and I’m an americlap

I like both the original and Japanese dub of South Park. I am American. I think the dub voices are well picked and it's mostly good quality.

My only issue with it was in the episode "Gnomes" when they try to come up with an idea for the group project. In the original when they ask Tweek, he just makes his typical noices and Stan says sarcastically "great, a lot of help you are kid". In the Japanese dub he says in kind voice "I'm glad we're in the same group". It sounded like he was trying to comfort Tweek. Things like this might give a completely different image of a character. In general the characters seem sweeter in the dub, especially the ones who use "boku" (Kyle, Tweek and Butters).

Probably, I didn't even watch that episode with dub. I simply hated the dub of South Park. Especially when it comes to cartoons like South Park or King of the Hill, it feels like dubs are almost evil. The feeling of English voices is somehow very important even though we can't get some of jokes.

I'm glad someone said it, his name was going through my mind the whole time I was reading that terrible post. Kojima is 100% bonafide westaboo, there's simply no other way to put it.

I think I'm as westaboo as Kojima, or Ameriboo or something

It's not even really uncommon that a Jap becomes like that

Isn't Koth huge in japan?

not really but there's still fans

I heard that they pulled a Samurai Pizza Cats with the JP dub of Transformers Beast Wars. How well did that go?

Attached: ghost stories regional differences.png (1632x603, 855K)

Howdy

Howdy!

Attached: 541AEA17-2D5E-4679-AA47-362ACD8D2B7B.png (1388x1060, 509K)

The franchise will never really die but Moffat burned off all the momentum Davies built up, and Chibnall hit the last nail in the coffin so well the BBC's already gearing up to put it back into hibernation for another decade. If the 80s couldn't kill the show nothing will but it's a specter of what it was just eight years ago. Red Dwarf's in a better place then Doctor Who is currently.

So... you know Yoji Shinkawa art, right?

Attached: Big_Shell_Incident.jpg (786x576, 241K)

What did the japs think of spiderverse?

>The Japanese have an almost autistic aversion to subtitles, so it's pretty much a dub-only culture. That goes primarily for live-action movies; they often have dedicated voice actors for major Hollywood celebrities so their appearances sound consistent regardless of what movie they're in or what studio. The Japanese simply DO NOT watch subtitles and there isn't a fansub community in Japan like there is in the West.

This is the BIGGEST pile of shit I have ever seen on Yea Forums.
I've lived in Japane for 5 years. I see western movies here monthly. Except for animated movies, every single Western movie is primarily released with Subtitles, and dubbed versions either come later or in more limited showings.
I don't know where the fuck this cunt got his ideas from, but he needs to kill himself.

Here are screenshots from one of my local cinemas. It's gone through google translate, but note each movie is marked SUB, for subtitled.
EVERY western movie playing is subtitle only, except Spiderman, which is Animated. Like I said, animated movies are much more likely to get a subbed and dubbed release.

Attached: 1533178378514.jpg (540x722, 43K)

Attached: 1548474976489.jpg (548x784, 51K)

Attached: 1530177144584.jpg (542x925, 59K)

Attached: 1549694049426.jpg (928x872, 85K)

Also, for Spider-man, note that the IMAX 3d version is subtitled. The shitty normal screen versions are dubbed.

>Spider-Bath
I won't even try to search an appropriate image for this one.

Attached: shocked-olimar-590a3ee5a8a09.png (999x561, 1.15M)

That's what you get for fluid gender retcons

The Japanese version has an extra Peni Parker bath scene.

I'm from Texas. we say Coke or Soda here, if you go up to northern states, they call it Fizz and if you go to Western states, they call it Cola.

Going to your example, I've heard Japanese call it cola like Yankees do, but that observation has only come from watching Anime (Franky from one piece mostly). I would be interested to find out if different parts of Japan call coke different names. Cultural things like this fascinate me.

Keep seething Eurotrash while everyone in the world buys our shit. I don't even like all the Hollywood garbage coming out, but I'm more than happy to shit on you.

Fizzy "lemonades" like Sprite/7up are called 'cider' in Japan.
Cola generally refers to... brown cola flavored drinks, mostly Coke and Pepsi but a few less popular Japanese variants (and a hipster trend recently for organic cola). But yeah, I've heard of cola here occasionally being used to refer to other pop/soda/soft-drinks.

We use Coke as a catch all term. If you wan't a specific soda, you ask by name. But coke is the catch all term for fizzy soft drinks here.

Fuck, its like a Japanese 4kids, that's so surreal.

Attached: source not found.jpg (837x960, 85K)

you better believe it. And im willing to bet they dont like dubs for the exact same reason.
Hearing your language used in a foreign sentence structure. It is the soul reason dubs throw off most people

Attached: 1551903507449.jpg (584x575, 50K)

This.

I'd buy the shit out of that. Those look cute.

>My girlfriend is a wizard
This interests me. Please tell me more.

Howdy.

Galko (and her sister) have good taste

They did.

Beast Wars was popular; popular enough to have two Japanese spin offs (Beast Wars II and Beast Wars Neo). But Japanese audiences didn't like Beast Wars Metals (seasons 2-3 of the American series) because they preferred the Transformers turn into realistic animals and not cyborg animals.

>watching western shit when you have access to all the anime you could possibly want

>horrible voice acting

Take that back you swine.

The voices on horse were fine, though apple horse actress seemed to take a while to find her groove. It was all the edits that sucked. The cast are doing a good job on No Hooves, but they've been doing that for longer than they did horse. Apparent the horse movie DID get a Japanese dub on Netflix, though they still haven't dubbed the show past season 2.

>all those jew jokes
they could never get away with this now, could they?

Drawn Together showed it's fine so long as the people making anti-semetic jokes are jews themselves.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=pUwjYmz-h9M

Yeah

Drawn Together was 10 years ago, user.

One of Batman's appeals is how distinctly American Gotham is.

>The title appearing on screen
>fucking NARRATION overlaid on the theme song

God DAMN how stupid are Japanese people? Did they NOT GET how the Batman TAS intro was meant to be seen with visuals and music only and use those elements to tell you everything you needed to know WITHOUT a title and WITHOUT narration?

God, Japanese people are stupid.

>Disney Land Paris (then Euro Disney Land). French protestors actually sabotaged rail tracks and electrical substations with explosives and rioted in the streets on opening day to prevent the park from opening, they hated the idea of "American Imperialism" so much.

There were a lot of problems with that Disneyland including the type of tourism that French people do its not the same as americans. Read the book: Disneywar. It has a couple of pages dedicated to that huge mess

>all that needless narration

So I guess anons from earlier in this thread weren't kidding. The Japanese really can't understand any fucking thing unless there's an omniscent narrator explaining it to them (like how Looney Toons and Mickey Mouse and Tom and Jerry and Transformers G1 all had non stop narration. So did Batman? Fuck, there's autistic as shit).

>Like I said, animated movies are much more likely to get a subbed and dubbed release.

Here in Puerto Rico is the same. Animated films get both a Spanish dubbed showing and an English with Spanish subs showing. MCU and DCEU movies also get this treatment

>spider-bath
What?

Japanese are incapable of subtlety. That's why all their humor consists of one person doing a stupid thing and another person reacting to it by loudly proclaiming how stupid said thing was.

desuarchive.org/co/thread/105573882/

Attached: 1548606816100.jpg (2048x744, 349K)

>Hating on based Godard, Trouffaut and Melville

Attached: here's to you.jpg (238x357, 14K)

I fucking hate Famicom, he pulls shit out of his ass like he's some fucking industry insider for TMS...But barely actually acknowledges fucking shit in the company, he keeps on saying all these fucking deals the company had and how some properties were actually attempts at Takahashi properties (something with John K and some space bimbo show as far as I remember), but he doesn't mention shit like how TMS BARELY does outsourced animation anymore (Bakugan doesn't really count) or how all these fucking deals would actually have HELPED the company and they're not some kind of fucking animation god where they most bow down and make an offering.
IF HALF OF THE FUCKING DEALS TMS """"""HAD"""""""" THAT HE KEEPS ON SAYING WERE IN FACT TRUE, THEN THEY WOULD'VE TAKEN IN A HEARTBEAT.
Seriously, Animation studios are fucked in economical terms because of Japan's shitty laws, but apparentaly TMS is doing a-OK for him, despite the fact that they're clearly in a tight budget and have to rely on outsourced help from stuff like 3xCube and Double Eagle to actually finish their shit.
Tell me Famicom fag, how can none of those deals could've helped in stuff like Baki where they had to hold onto the license for 4 years and by the time they actually had the finished product they had not only use Double Eagle's CGI for animation costs but also replace the entire Baki voice cast? (Daisuke Ono was originally Sikorsky and was even in the PV but was replaced by a different guy all togheter in the final release, not to mention the only returning voice actor is the guy who played Jack Hanma)

Attached: baki.jpg (1024x681, 75K)

Indeed. Fuck Famicom. Fuck TMS.

>Melville
You better mean Herman Melville. Because yes, he was based.

>Howdy, I’m Phantom Strider!

Attached: 6C012096-DE0C-498D-9426-793AEDD2DB53.jpg (350x388, 23K)

The butcher of the Batman TAS intro legit makes me furious, but at the same time, it's gratifying to know they're as SHIT at dubbing American cartoons as Americans are at dubbing their cartoons.

a friend of mine told me he never saw six sense and I was super excited to show him the movie but a bastard spoiled him
why people spoil movies and shit, fuckers

>He doesn't know Jean-Pierre Melville
Herman is based, but we talking french directors m8
Le Sammourai and Two Men in Manhattan were kino pulp films

Elliot in the Morning, a Washing DC area morning show DJ, spoiled the ending of Sixth Sense on opening weekending. He then laughed and made fun of anyone who called in to complain that he ruined the movie. I only remember this because I was talking to school and listening to him on my Walkman that day when he did it. As a result, I've never really given a shit about Sixth Sense. The entire value of the movie is in the twist, and if you know that going in, the movie is genuinely pretty shit.

>What did the japs think of spiderverse?

From what I've been reading, they REALLY don't like Peni Parker. Basically, because she's half Japanese, half American, that makes her a "haffu" ("half-breed') and the Japanese have a serious issue with haffus.

Look up the Ariana Miyamoto controversy if you want more info on that:

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ariana_Miyamoto

But basically, it is better to be a full gaijin in Japan than a haffu. They violently, psychotically DESPISE haffus.

you know, that makes sense considering how often and how accurately the show does Korean stuff

>The entire value of the movie is in the twist
It's a really good movie and it scared me at the time without depending on jumpscares but yeah, knowing the plot twist ruines the fun.
Also, what an asshole.

>you know, that makes sense considering how often and how accurately the show does Korean stuff

That's surprising, considering how much the Japanese hate Koreans.

Yeah, the Japanese hold a special hatred in their hearts for haffus. It's gotten worse, lately. Capcom has changed Ken from Street Fighter's origins in response to all the anti-haffu hysteria. He used to be half-American and half-Japanese. Now he's officially 2/3 Japanese (because apparently that's better). The Japanese are frighteningly fucking serious about their ethnic purity and they hate hate HATE anyone who isn't pure blooded Japanese.

Why are the Japanese so shitty? Its like they still live in 60s America most of the time.

It really bothered me going to that place for a congress in one of their universities and just seeing people kind of treat foreigners like shit and say stupid things like how Akira Kurosawa isn't all that was fucking bothersome.
At least we can write comedies, compared to those fucks who are still stuck on poop jokes and gags about salarymen

>Sakatumi
>Nadadowna

heh, I never caught that until now

The only thing that bothers me when I visit Japan for work is all the signs outside buildings and business that say "no foreigners allowed' or "no gaijin" or "no Americans" (the Japanese often use "American" as a catchall term for "any foreigner").

A lot of the time, I'll check the outside of a business carefully for signs, see none, walk in, then get chased out by the shop owner making an "X" with their finger and screaming "NO GAIJIN NO GAIJIN NO GAIJIN". Apparently, even places that don't allow foreigners don't like to put "no foreigners" signs outside because it "looks bad" and prefer to just chase them out like they're stray animals that wandered in.

>2/3 Japanese
What the hell? That has to be an intended joke. That's biologically impossible.

Bring up the Ainu to the Japanese, sometime. That'll REALLY make them mad.

Mentioning the Ainu is the #1 quickest way to piss off a Japanese. I wouldn't recommend it.

Why do they hate the Ainu people?

The Ainu are the indigenous people of the Japanese archipelago. The Japanese like to think that they are the indigenous people. The Ainu are an ever present reminder that they are not.

The Japanese government actually instituted a law forbidding two Ainu from marrying. The intention was to keep them from breeding and forcing them to breed with Japanese or die without offspring. Either way, it would dilute or end their bloodline. As a result, there are currently no full blooded Ainu left in Japan. The law was taken off the books in 2007 after it was determined that it had done its job.

Basically, the Japanese performed a bloodless genocide over the course of two generations. They play the long game like that.

>that whole post
Jesus Christ. Sometimes I think that the Japanese have been emasculated to hell after WW2 but there are still somehow glints of their true nature underneath it all. Makes me a little less sad about their negative population growth.

You're telling me that one of the most popular Samurai Shodown characters is actually loathed by the Japanese?

The Japanese handle their historical shortcomings differently than most other countries. America will never be allowed to forget about slavery or the mistreatment of American Indians. Germany will never be allowed to forget about the Holocaust.

The Japanese, however, prefer to wipe anything unpleasant from their history books. That's why the Japanese VEHEMENTLY insist that things like the Rape of Nanking or Korean Comfort Women never happened. Most Japanese don't even know that they lost WWII. If it was bad, then it just didn't happen.

The Japanese make a big deal about bloodline purity. The Ariana Miyamoto thing was sort of an international incident. She was half-black, half-Japanese. She competed in the Miss Universe contest as Miss Japan and it was a national OUTRAGE in Japan. The Japanese actually protested for her to be disqualifies. Yes, they wanted to disqualify THEIR OWN CANDIDATE because she was no full-blooded Japanese and they could not stand the idea of her representing them on the national stage. She won the Miss Universe contest, but instead of being a celebration, it was a national shame in Japan.

They are full on autistic as shit when it comes to ethnic purity.

I hope Godzilla shits on their doorstep

I honestly didn’t think she was half while looking at her

Attached: 6BFC1D4A-2BE3-46C8-A644-A3E3F6C30821.jpg (860x480, 58K)

The Japanese can tell. They can tell when someone is half Korean or half Chinese.

From experience, Taiwan was the best place to visit in all Asia, Tokyo being the shittiest (even compared to mainland China which, surprisingly, is actually pretty cool if you know your way onto stuff)
Japan has:
>Real ugly mofos on the streets. Also people can get pretty disrespectful depending on where you go
>Tokyo almost don't have shit for you to go to sans some bars. Despite what Yea Forums tries to meme it, going to places like Akihabara is really shitty
>Its clean I'll give it that but what's the point if its extremely cluttered? I've been to São Paulo, New York and Picadilly Circus in London and yet Tokyo felt like an ant colony

Osaka was much better

>Bombarding this QT
>Put their poor dental care women on a fucking pedestal

I was impressed with Tokyo when I went there because, like you said, it was REALLY clean. Even more impressive because there are no public trash cans. People just use the honor system and take their garbage home with them. But yeah, there wasn't a whole lot to do and Akihabara was a let down (I did see the Full Metal Alchemist movie in a theater there; it was also a let down).

I liked Takayama better. It was a smaller town up in the mountains and was more fun to explore. Kyoto was an absolute SHIT HOLE, btw.

Osaka really was nice. It was a bit more disorganized but people seemed to be a lot warmer.

Miss Universe is more of a gaijin thing anyway. The Japan branch was run by a French Jewess around the time. The good old aznmasculinity spammer actually dug that piece of info up.

I've become like a westaboo even if I'm a westerner.
I've become interested in stuff like zines or 80's microcomputer games just to see what western works are like without japanese influence.
I just hate how weeaboos took over geek culture.

Attached: 1407872496888.png (500x354, 42K)

>I just hate how weeaboos took over geek culture.
Star Wars, Harry Potter, Dr Who, Rick & Morty, Steven Universe, capeshit is still pretty prevalent

wow this explains alot in hollywood's casting. whites can't tell difference from pure and mixed

Lmao sooo much of blatantly bulshit. Is that even works?
I can see there are legit haters of Japan here. Who the fuck cares about miss Japan and “Ariana Miyamoto”. Most Japanese just don't know her or heard her name because the western media made a complaint about her And there are much more popular celebs who are hafus in Japan. You will be surprised that how are hafus everywhere on Japanese shows. No one knows who won the miss Japan last year.

Why are you making things up? Just why?
t.jap

Based callout user

Attached: charly atcha.jpg (750x937, 122K)

They think there buzzfeed video is enough to know the culture. Very strange indeed

Honestly everyone under the age of 40 in every first world country speaks English from school and growing up seeing it in the media constantly so they don't need to read subs like dumb Americans, it's just a preference to what language they watch it in.

This is just a blatant lie. He was originally fully Japanese, then he became 3/4 Japanese and American rest. There was no outrage ever and there are so many characters in games/shows that are half American.

>"From what I've been reading, they REALLY don't like Peni Parker."
>still see fanart of her being made by Japanese artists
Yeah, I'm calling bullshit, user.

> there are so many characters in games/shows that are half American.
Well half white at least, but then that's exactly the problem. Anytime you need to feel empathy for a seemingly white character they always end up being half Japanese because they're obsessed with Jap blood somehow being a way to explain a character's positive traits. Then you'll also notice how they STILL don't really treat these half Japanese characters as Japanese, they're basically whatever foreigner they're mixed with first and foremost.
>Oh, this American waifu is super cute and I knida want to imagine her as my waifu!
>b-b-but it's okay because all the good things about her undoubtedly come from her Japanese blood!
>BUT STILL EXOTIC AND BLONDE!
Now a haffu representing Japan in some way as though they were full blooded was where the outrage stemmed from. They can tolerate haffus about as much as they would any gaijin, but they can NEVER accept them as being Japanese (or if we're being factual, "full" diluted and polluted Korean).

What deals are you even talking about?
Also TMS has been using Shin-Ei Doga alot as of late and 3xCube & Double Eagle are in house unit for Tokyo Movie (TMS' actual animation department).

They love Wakfu and Lastman

Fanart doesnt mean everyone likes here

Le Puy du Fou is more popular lmao

They like stuff like snoopy more

Been to other countries can confirm.

t. hapa offended by amerishit identity politics

and no. haafus are treated the opposite way of that or nobody cares. you are too naive and impressionable. stop using reddit and youtube. your brain gets too Anglo'd

>106428245
Saw this on Tumblr back then

chefpyro.tumblr.com/post/180204158801/interstelleri-queer-taako-mangastream-weve
P.S please no bullying on the blogger Tumblr page.

>no Yea Forums equivalent on 2chan
>the only board open on the rest of the world is that
dec.2chan.net/67/futaba.htm
lmao

>simpson and family guy

they wont get a thing nor do they laugh as the humor will be either "too american" or it just most of the times isnt funny at all

>japan
>guns

its indeed hillarious but also very improbable

>hideo kojima

lol, even his most famous franchise protagonist is basically a copy of 80's film protagonist bearing the exact same name

not the same user but if you actually read jojo you will notices how much of a westaboo araki is (just like kojima), to the point he is basically the"ken smith" meme

>he needed a translation

I was from a shitty asian country and yet most people I know hate translated western things as it will destroy the jokes and contexts. Also english isnt that hard of a languages to learn and understand , so I dont see how the >105iq (allegedly) japanese cant master it in 1 year max

he isnt japanese or a mega biased westaboo

>many capeshit comic fans

no such thing. arent even published there to begin with

most japanese can't into english, which also means we have more things translated from other language compared to other asian countries like korea
anyway my point is that sub is better to me

I didn't say “many” but even one of my few friends collects Batman merch. he has some original(english) comics too.
see this

*they are

What about Hirohiko Araki? Is he in the same league?

>What is Jehanne D'arc

>half-black
>black

I think I understand the exact problem in this particular controverst and am happen to share the same sentiment as them

Attached: 1549252654062m.jpg (1024x505, 95K)

>hate half nibba

based japs protecting their dragon warrior gene

Attached: 1538153968666.jpg (600x329, 36K)

>french jewess
>jewess
>promoting mixed race

every......goddamn.....time....

and you bastards always cries about muh /pol/ when the kikes did yet another stuff like this one

howdy

its (((them))) attacking you for daring to guard your own culture

>Why are you making things up? Just why?
Because it works lol.

Attached: 464632167941.png (955x500, 458K)

I think they watch. Cos many Japanese guys work for Western animation studios right?

Because anime > cartoons. Yea Forums is extremely petty and seethes everytime Japan is mentioned in any capacity whatsoever.

Attached: 47BC3457-5857-4ABA-9BF4-2F10D3BFD30B.gif (320x240, 1.63M)

>It would dishonor their ancestors and bring shame upon their family name.

weebs are THIS deluded

Sometimes.

Attached: 1450229587759.png (1085x488, 383K)

are you new

this board is full of usual chink shills and white amerimutt sjw landwhales from gamerghazi/resetera who are jealous of japan

THIS:
Latin American here, there are good dubs, even in modern cartoons. But there are also shitty dubs like Adventure Time, which uses the same fucking actors to most background characters, has a lot of 4kids-tier censorship and mexican regionalisms which sound a bit weird to South American audiences.

Yes, there are many cartoonaboos who watch every cartoon in english, there are some fansubs too, but it's pretty common to watch dubbed cartoons and talk about the good job of their dub actors. Some notable examples are The Simpson, Dragon Ball and almost every 90s/00s cartoons. The dubs were better back then and didn't use retarded censorship or shitty actors like the Urban siblings.

>that cuphead doujin with the carrot and the sunflower

Attached: 1535378890498.jpg (1616x909, 137K)

There's also the fact that you are left behind the native audiance (whether it's english cartoons or japanese anime) and risk encountering spoilers before the dubbed version ever arrive in your country. So most people who are interested in the first place will immediately watch it with the original dub.

This is just so hilariously stupid it hurts.

Though I trust this guy over everyone else here.

>Transformers is strictly for kids over there because humans don't pilot the robots

That makes sense though. Gundamus and the like are all about interpersonal conflict.

you are right.

>it's pretty much a dub-only culture.
>The Japanese simply DO NOT watch subtitles

blatant lies.
i watch subs. insecure weebs, most of Yea Forums posters are like that i believe, tend to tell a lie about japan and want to make everything about japan look bad or hostile against the us. its basically the same mindset with stalkers, but more aggressive. i forget the name in english but theres one of those mental diseases.

2ch has a western cartoon board. It's very slow but it has threads about a lot of cartoons

>I've become interested in stuff like zines or 80's microcomputer games just to see what western works are like without japanese influence.
>I just hate how weeaboos took over geek culture.
I can understand that. Before the anime generation inherited the media of the country and wanted everything to be "just like my Japanese animes" our pop culture looked a lot different. Better, for sure.

>Well half white at least, but then that's exactly the problem. Anytime you need to feel empathy for a seemingly white character they always end up being half Japanese because they're obsessed with Jap blood somehow being a way to explain a character's positive traits.

They've done this at least twice in the Godzilla series. In Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah, one of the villains is half-Japanese half-American and the heroes are able to appeal to her Japanese side to turn on her American comrades and save the day. In Shin Godzilla, the only American that doesn't want to nuke Tokyo to kill Godzilla and actually wants to work with the Japanese government is the half-Japanese woman.

The Japanese do have a lot of haffus in their media, but it's strictly as a means to show "it's the Japanese half that makes them good, all their negative traits come from the gaijin half".

>This is the BIGGEST pile of shit I have ever seen on Yea Forums.

And I can prove you wrong right here, right now.

youtu.be/n70AgNDh6qg

Spiderman caused Sentai to take off, you autist.

Fuck no. What are you, retarded?

Good. Hopefully they stay away from the pozzed kike shit modern western animation has become.

>youtu.be/n70AgNDh6qg

>WHITO PIGGU GO HOOOOOMU!

Even their racism is impossible to take seriously. The Japanese are a meme culture.

nobody cares. why does Yea Forums and leftists have so many insecure weebs.

one of the big problems with americans and anglos in general is most of them are monolingual as fuck despite the global culture being cross-cultural. everything is in english and every argument comes from cherrypicked translations. everything has to be argued in english. you cant understand whats going on and how society works in non-english countries as long as you are monolingual as shit.

the guy is talking about koreans

>Koreans
>white

lol

>WYTO PEEGOO GO HOOO MOOO

My sides.

fuck if I understand asian racial slurs
hell japanese make fun of the chinese and koreans slanty eyes

They admit to war crimes, but only if you can prove 100% they happened. The way they prosecute crimes is similar. Police won't even detain someone until they already have enough evidence to secure a conviction and put them in jail.

i recognize that first excerpt
its from 'propaganda' by jacques ellul

not a bad read either

>Police won't even detain someone until they already have enough evidence to secure a conviction and put them in jail.

fuck this usual ghazi or chink cunt

prove that

you cant

always

The Yakuza you fucking nonce. They KNOW they're committing crimes, but they don't arrest them because they'd never be able to prove it in court. Only firearm-related murders manage to get your police off their asses and slapping on handcuffs.

It's funny, because JoJo is like the most popular shit over there and half of the JoJos are haffus as well.

Attached: jotaro.png (370x555, 382K)

japs love minions

"japanese" """"""""""police""""""""" has become an absolute meme/manufactured narrative/hyper cabal among amreican leftists and anti-japan ideologues in anglo countries. even the UN believed that shit from such an SJW bigoted perspective and was shamefully totally refuted by japanese govt.
bbc.com/japanese/34784309

none of them can bring up any evidence. even UN couldnt. the west has become very judgmental and prejudiced toward especially japan. they cant even act scientifically.

Too bad, Nick Japan had the best taste of all the international nick channels it felt like. Apparently Kablam was decently popular there, it was on for damn near a decade. Maybe the comic and cartoon combination really appealed to the 5 people who watched Nickelodeon.

This. American music is very popular, Justin Bieber Eminem. American cartoons are very popular with youth. As well as style. You are seen as strange if you obsess cartoons or lots of anime as a adult. Otherwise it’s not strange at all if you have slight interest.

Attached: 65541D1C-4ACE-4450-ABE4-6324ABC9B9E3.png (800x562, 943K)

they're available in english from tokyopop. The first volume was cute

This is 100% true.

There isn't a corner of the Earth where Amerifats aren't absolutely, positively DESPISED. Why burgers think that Japan is the safe haven where they are welcomed, respected and admired is pure delusional bullshit. If anything, the Japanese hold a hatred for Amerifats greater than almost any other, seeing as how Amerifats are still OCCUPYING THEIR COUNTRY WITH THEIR MILITARY and the majority of all rapes in Japan are caused by Murrican soldiers on leave. The Japanese have held protests to try and remove the Murrican bases; do you know what it takes to get the emotionally conservative Japanese to actually protest in the streets?

tl;dr the Japanese hate Amerifats as much as everybody else, if not more. No, they don't care about your shitty bean-mouth cartoons or capeshit comics.

Kek

Do you have any metrics or just anecdotal evidence? Polls show they don't utterly despise Americans, it's mixed.

pewglobal.org/2017/10/17/troubles-with-the-u-s-relationship/

Several European countries seem to dislike Americans more than Japan, are you from one of them?

Attached: 1525207638430.png (309x728, 32K)

>they don't completely hate Americans
>they just mostly hate Americans

Whew! What a relief!

That is not how data works. quit being a self deprecating weaboo. Japan isn’t a utopian pol society and no you aren’t seen any better for hating your mud blood.

Non-existant ones that Famicom keeps on pushing.
Like how Disney wanted them for Ducktales, how Nick wanted Trigger and TMS for Korra, how Animaniacs reboot was originally for TMS, how fucking Gravity Falls was proposed to TMS for animation.

Shhhh. This thread is shitty enough without summoning Famicom here.

>he posted it again

the official position of the japanese government is that there's only ONE japanese people and nothing else

it's funny too because the real ainu look so much more european

Agreed

It's fairly obvious in 90% of cases. Still, you get some racially ambiguous people of whom you won't know a fucking difference unless they open their mouths because they were born abroad. Lots of Zainichi Koreans get away with it and hide their Korean heritage with Japs being none the wiser.

youtu.be/oTjFbKJYkkw

Attached: b8a4f48c-2175-4b0c-8cb1-1ca360a1d98d.jpg (700x700, 175K)

obsessed

Heres the thing...
>Disney rejected TMS for the DuckTales reboot for costing too much.
>Bryke, and not both at once, Trigger rejected it because they wanted their first show to be their own (Kill La Kill) but named Mako after Korra's Mako as special thanks while TMS rejected it because of the shipping hence why they ended up with Pierrot/Magic Bus.
>Unless much more hard evidence points to Mercury Filmworks doing the Animaniacs reboot TMS is doing the Animaniacs reboot, Takeshi Koike even did the promo art for it.
>TMS was never bought up during the production of Gravity Falls.

Fuck off, Famicom. Your "source" is someone posting a photo of a Chinese restaurant with duck on the menu and that meant TMS was going to animate nuDuckTales. You're full of shit. GO make another fake "I'm seriously a Warner Archive employee AMA" thread. Or just fuck off.

youtube.com/watch?v=9ODtsNMNJXk
youtube.com/watch?v=2rSw4Xl5qfs

The OP they put on cartoons are really fucking god-tier. You can't go better than JAM Project.

Chicken, not duck, and theres already lots of tweets about Disney rejecting TMS due to cost.
That WB thing was not from him and it has been taken care of.

All made by you.
Fuck off, Famicom. We don't fall for your bullshit.

No, nobody thinks like this, except you.
There is no BS, you're just delusional is all and deep down all you're just crying for help is all.

Now tell me that I have been "debunked". Please, Famicom. We're all waiting for you to say it.

it have?

Yeah, but English only Japanese IPs are allowed to post on 2chan and even if you use a proxy, posting in English is an instant perma ban. So why does it matter?

to see the kind of shit they talk about. You'd be surprised by their Yea Forums threads.

Isn't 2chan where the "Japanese people hated the 2014 American Godzilla movie because they thought Godzilla looked fat just like Americans" thing originate?

stop your bullshit burger

Here.
medaka.5ch.net/cartoon/

First few threads: Snoopy, Star Vs The Forces of Evil, ...and MLP. Threads don't get deleted though so you can find a ton of old threads on other cartoons.

not its Futuroscope...i think

i hope we get a remaster...fuck Konami

Attached: T-9508G.jpg (556x497, 54K)

>Futuroscope

Attached: obelix.jpg (378x358, 55K)

a pure waifu

there is already one remaster fuck off

only nigger countries like America...hum

Oh Poland, I didn't know you cared.

Weren't most Japanese actually cool with it and didn't really care, whereas it was only ultra-nationalist right-wing Japs and internet weebs who lost their shit? Not even trying to defend Japan here, because they're crazy about denying their WW2-era war crimes to hell and back but the whole Ariana Miyamoto thing was overblown to hell and back on the internet.

Fuck, she's so fucking cute. What's the foot game looking like?

No, Ken was 100% American in Street Fighter 1. Capcom changed him to a half-American, half-Japanese for Street Fighter II. He stayed that way for decades, until Street Fighter V retconned him into being 2/3 Japanese, mostly as a reaction from Capcom not wanting one of their most popular characters to have the "haffu" stigma attached to them.

I'm sure by Street Fighter VIII, Ken will turn out to be a full blooded Japanese who just dyes his hair blonde.

>They've done this at least twice in the Godzilla series. In Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah, one of the villains is half-Japanese half-American and the heroes are able to appeal to her Japanese side to turn on her American comrades and save the day. In Shin Godzilla, the only American that doesn't want to nuke Tokyo to kill Godzilla and actually wants to work with the Japanese government is the half-Japanese woman.
That shit was fucking hilarious.

It's really obvious she isn't full blooded Japanese

Why is Yea Forums so obsessed with Japan? Is it because they know they are inferior to the Japanese?

Attached: yfwdabears.png (3212x3000, 2.66M)

>That shit was fucking hilarious.

The "English" that actress from Shin Godzilla kept trying to use was what's hilarious. Holy shit, she was awful (but hot as fuck).

>The "English" that actress from Shin Godzilla kept trying to use was what's hilarious. Holy shit, she was awful (but hot as fuck).
What was fucking hilarious was the fact that she wanted to be PotUS one day despite her broken as fuck English. Shit made me kek.

lol wtf. I only see it on Yea Forums, and its why these threads never end up being that interesting. There's always this one weird faggot making weird grandoise claims that you cannot really believe. I mean, you sure its not just the general dislike of mixed race people that you see everywhere in the world? And then they add that stupid leftypol shit.

On an unrelated note: 1989 Tiananmen Square Protests

Christ, what the fuck is wrong with Yea Forums. Every time I check up on this board, it has the highest concentrated of seething butthurt non-whites spouting far left stupid shit like its tumblr. In this case, some loser from r/hapa. Muh victimization. Muh racism. Muh inequality. I don't really need a black try to lecture me about how 1930s racist cartoons are somehow evil. They aren't, blacks just look funny. What unacceptable behavior...

I'm honestly not sure why Koreans are so butthurt about not being allowed to live in Japan or, when they do make it (Zainichi), they're second class citizens. Japan as a country is awful; roughly the size of California with 1/3 the inhabitable space but 10 times the population. Korea is MUCH nicer. I mean, the South part, anyway.

I would suggest you stop projecting your bigotry onto an entire country Mr Eurotrash.

>They aren't, blacks just look funny.
WHAT THE FUCK DOES THIS EVEN MEAN

>Every single country in the world hates Americans
>Every. Single. Country.
>Could it be that Americans might be shite?

No, it's the world that is wrong.

I want to be the one who takes Horikoshi's actual comic book virginity and give him some Morrison or something as opposed to movie super heroes.

>I'm honestly not sure why Koreans are so butthurt about not being allowed to live in Japan or, when they do make it (Zainichi), they're second class citizens
What the fuck are you talking about? I don't even know how you misundastood it.

Yea Forums is pretty jealous about how anime is seen as somewhat more mature than cartoons, so they cope with racism.

Attached: 44.gif (344x426, 714K)