Was everyone really okay with this reveal in CM? Who's a pretty kitty?

Was everyone really okay with this reveal in CM? Who's a pretty kitty?

Attached: Captain-Marvel-Nick-Fury-Samuel-L-Jackson-Two-Eyes.jpg (640x387, 36K)

I'm fine with it.

Yes, if every reveal about future stuff was treated as serious it would have been insufferable.

This.
It adds another dimension to Fury besides "super serious super spy"

What do you mean, exactly?

Hated it at first, grew on it after thinking about it with regards to Fury manipulating a situation/story to fit his agenda

So what was the deal with the glass eyes, when Fury very clearly still has his blinded biological eye?

I mean, that's the fault of all of these movies for putting out terrible versions of Shield and Fury

Nope.
Getting too quippy and jokey with their shit to the point where they are actually ignoring past history at the expense of a stupid or stupid line. Fuck them, and fuck everyone who thinks it was okay. You're literally normie fucking trash and I hope you die violently.

take it easy, son, it's just a joke

>Nick "I faked my death and SHIELD death at least 2 times" Fury lies
>WOAH THAT'S OUT OF CHARACTER/A RETCON

This.
This movie shat all over the both comics and movie canon, e.g. Fuck you. Mar-Vell is a woman now, because we said so. I spent most of the movie baffled at the decision making in this film.

People defending this decision are the same people who defended Iron man 3

I'm not angry about the cat thing, but i'm so, so so disappointed

Attached: 1512899813970.png (502x485, 259K)

I thought it was fine, I don't really get why everyone got all petty and triggered by it.

>triggered
it was more disappointing than anything, it was just another MCU joke

Literally who the fuck cares. Everybody shits, you know. Besides, it wasnt a cat like everyone was saying, his eye was destroyed by the vicious talons of an eldritch space horror.

Doesn't really matter.

What annoyed me was how obsessed he was with Goose. That could have been turned down a notch or six.

The level of the joke, though...
Like finding out that Bucky lost his arm in a revolving door. It was super mundane, and it felt like a new low to me.

>false equivalence wrapped in snark: the post
Have you thought of comparing the reasons behind the lies?
Or why the writers decided to have the characters tell these lies?
Or how this impacts how we might see these characters, and if that impact is good for what we want that character to convey?

People with infected eyes frequently choose to have them surgically removed.

>Last time he trusted somebody he lost an eye
Now where have I seen this before.

It was alright. I was expecting something serious, but they literally told Fury that he can't trust anyone anymore. And he did say 'the last time I trusted someone, I lost an eye,' so it makes sense.

Goose was great though

The MCU can’t take their shit seriously, so not angry, just another stupid unnecessary MCU joke

It’s not like I’m asking Snyder levels of dark and gritty. The Russos have the perfect balance of including jokes and taking the rest of the stuff seriously, the rest of the MCU is like “this superhero shit is DUMB”

Nope, its the MCU version of the "Solo" moment.

>the last time I trusted someone I lost an eye
>that someone remained in his work office with a comfy bed for the rest of his life, we are to suppose

If Batman was in the MCU Joe Chill would be his favorite school teacher or some shit and he would awkwardly find out he killed his parents by accident

Nobody, and I mean nobody, ever really gave a shit about Mar-Vell as a character. So it does not matter at one that they made her a woman.

This. Movie had legit stuff to be upset about.

This, he/she exists purely to die and pass the mantle

>manchildren having a serious discussion about capeshit the thread

kek. Grow the fuck up.

It's fine Fury not being intimidating exposition man. If anything, I'm more disappointed that Coulson wasn't goofier as a rookie partner agent.
I wish there would've been some Fury/Coulson bonding and a scene where Coulskrull was identified by how calm he was regarding his cpt America trading cards

t. brainlet fags

fury is using his eye as an example to cap to justify his project insight/big brother future crime prevention. it takes the weight out of the central theme of the winter soldier and the concept of captain america in the post-modern 9/11 govt surveillance world of freedom vs protection

instead it'll just show up in some youtube east egg compilation video later where everybody will be like MEMBER WHEN FURY LOST HIS EYE TO A CAT LOL

> b-b-b-but fury is a keikaku manipulator!1~1!! he lies all the time!!!
he didn't need to lie to cap because he believed in project insight, and cap's truthful argument was enough to give his decision pause on the entire program because that's how pure cap was

>he didn't need to lie to cap because he believed in project insight
He believes in a lot of things, and he still lied.
He smeared blood on cards to get the Avengers motivated in the first film.

the avengers were still dysfunctional and had no chemistry in the beginning and just got their asses kicked, telling them about coulsen's cards refocused them

it's different than needing to lie to cap about his eye. because the quote is "last time i trusted someone i lost an eye"

it's his entire justification to cap about shield surveillance. he didn't need to lie because at that point in the conversation with cap didn't have a rebuttal. cap's argument comes after fury shows him the helicarriers and fury thinks about it and then has doubts.

retconning the eye to a cat is a slap in the face to arguably the best MCU movie, i can't imagine that markus/mcfeely and the russos aren't cringing about it

The only interesting thing Mar-Vell ever did was get cancer.

That's definitely an arguable point, but it's not relevant to the discussion. What was the point of turning him into a woman under than to align with whatever feminist tear they were on? The same tear that allowed the, dare I say, cringe-worthy fight scene with "Just a Girl" playing in the background...And make no mistake: I had genuinely high hopes of this movie being really good, but it prioritized agenda-pushing over decent story telling/ writing.

Yeah, don't know why people are so upset it about

Let's us have our fun, we already had a really traumatic experience with Infinity War and now Endgame will be the end.

Fury was too goofy and new cop-ish.

I wouldn't mind seeing a movie that showed a transition from goofy cop to somewhat serious badass.

I mean, one of his first lines in the MCU was "get off the giant doughnut".

That would have been a good Black Widow movie, but for some reason we never got one. Winter Soldier did well, didn't it? There should be room in the MCU for an occasional low power movie.

>low power movie.
It could be argued that's what Netflix was for, but the only thing to reference Netflix stuff was AoS, and AoS was only slightly referenced in AoU since it was used to fill in a plot hole from the end of the movie.

I've got no idea what Black Widow's history is in the comic but there's gotta be some super villain there. Set it when she's still working for the KGB or whatever. She gets sent out to deal with some weird problem and Fury shows up as the antagonist. After a bit of fighting they figure out that the threat is a danger to both the USSR and the USA and they team up.

It's a fucking super hero movie not Deus Ex shut the F up.

Because it's really stupid

> use a video game to dismiss a storytelling medium
loving every laugh

i love deus ex, but it's not the fucking bible of big governement conspiracies, kill yourself

OOOHHHH EDGED POST SOMEONE COULD LOSE A LIMB HEHE YEAAAH

> SEETHING Yea Forumsirgin that his visceral and cinematic experiences will never even be par with the weakest capeshit
enjoy your last of us 2 walking simulator

Okay dude calm down lol

Lol, retard.

Yea Forums reeeeing over it has been entertaining.

At this point, they can just record the Russo brothers gathering a big pile of comics and taking a disgusting shit for uninterrupted 30 minutes before jacking off and jizzing all over the cameraman and people would still buy tickets and defend the movie so who cares. The formula can do no wrong.

This person probably has zero friends and his parents are embarrassed by how much of a bitter loser they are.

this

This. Box office returns are not necessarily clear indicators of quality, but the drop-off for CM should be pretty steep, I imagine.

It's so stupid rolls past disappointing back to pretty funny.

No, but not for the retcon, but because it didn't make any fucking sense. It was being chill and cozy around him all the movie, why the fuck it would suddenly slash his eye?

lol you are dumb

This was a dumb decision, i don't know why defend it, they may as well not have put it in the movie as it killed all the mistery surounding Fury.

I hope not, because it was pretty fucking stupid

You've never dealt with a cat, have you? He was pissing it off, it scratched him. Cats are temperamental as fuck.

Why didn't the skrull gave him a space antibiotic

kek i wouldn't be surpised if in the MCU uncle ben died because he step on a banana peel

It wasn't a cat

Don't think so.
Doesn't sound like a tranny at all.

One day it'd be nice to get a female empowerment thing that manage to succeed without throwing everyone else under the bus.

I literally never cared how/why Fury was missing an eye.

It's just not that important.

>BUT THAT MEANS HE LIED ABOUT IT
Idgaf hes a super spy, it fits his character even more if he's not totally honest about his past.

reply if you like huge tits

Attached: 1546907386876.png (700x960, 569K)