Adult Swim and Crunchyroll creating a partnership to make "Original Anime"!

Thoughts? This could be a huge hit!
RIP Netflix Anime.

screenrant.com/adult-swim-crunchyroll-partnership-anime/amp/

deadline.com/2019/03/adult-swim-crunchyroll-team-on-programming-expand-distribution-deal-1202573898/amp/

deadline.com/2019/03/adult-swim-crunchyroll-team-on-programming-expand-distribution-deal-1202573898/amp/

Attached: Screenshot_20190314-083921.jpg (720x1280, 350K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Romain
motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/9kpmxe/netflix-doubles-down-on-anime
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

why. they should stop spreading racist/sexist foreign trash like anime

I hope for High Guardian Spice on Adult Swim. It should've been there from the start so as not to trigger weeb incels though.

I'm only on board if they make vidya anime.

Crunchyroll still exists?

Adult Swim has no excuse for not making a fusion Fall anime.

Attached: FF_Slider_Image.png (670x360, 394K)

What makes you think otherwise?

this is real bad
>"hey, people liked Cowboy Bebop back in the days, so lets make a sequel, just like we did with FLCL but without the budget and talent from the original"
>"brilliant"
I can see the threads in Yea Forums already I'd suck D'Marco's dick if they give us Big O season 3 tho

>kids watch anime, not cartoons
>let's pay the japanese to make anime directly for the american market
Why didn't they think of it 20 years ago?

I told you fuckers after the Fox Deal [as] was gonna go FULL Anime. Based.

Attached: 4885555-buuhan.png (640x480, 307K)

My gf and I watch 8 or nine shows together on it. Most of them are completed series from the 90s and early 2000, but yea. It's still around.

We've known this for a while. They're developing the Blade Runner anime together.

why do they suddenly turn into anti-sjw?

Would this really be an anime if it's being made by two western companies?

It does and is funding anime for a few years already. In fact, it was their idea in the first place to animate the currently airing megahit, Shield Hero.

if it's japanese written and animated it's anime
if it's burger written and japanese animated it's just an expensive cartoon

So what are all those Korean-animated cartoons?

I pay eight dollars a month to watch golden wind without ads and that’s the only thing I watch on there

Attached: ED8B4A44-CEC1-4CF4-9153-305148EC3B3D.jpg (555x1200, 361K)

You can just torrent Vento Aureo, fgt.

>Anime taking over animations.
Called it,
Knew it was going to happen eventually.

Not very enthused about this; Crunchyroll's definition of "anime" is very loose, just look at High Guardian Spice as an example of this.

Support the arts

Attached: 1276F2C0-CD03-476A-8037-7AC45640AB05.jpg (320x320, 45K)

Crunchyroll has never at any point called it an anime. Even though it's clearly an アニメ.

Friendship ended with Funimation, now [Adult Swim] is my best friend.

sry for being a filthy secondary, but what's this fox deal and why does it has to do with AS?

>Shield Hero
>megahit
i think you mean Mob Psycho

>RIP Netflix Anime.
good

Give the Japanese money, and keep the "Western Culture" to yourselves. Cunts

Attached: 1552396996837.gif (800x450, 160K)

what does the Fox deal have to do with this?

ssshhhh
don't give them ideas, user

>>"WarnerMedia, who now owns Crunchyroll as well as Adult Swim, recently reorganized, bringing all of its animation brands together, making this partnership possible. The team-up means that Adult Swim will get access to Crunchyroll-licensed shows and vice versa."
well the [as] line up just got access to a bunch of shit.
also apparently netflix is developing a ghost in the shell series?

Attached: Capture.png (824x608, 550K)

They did. It was a ratings failure.

Attached: 512kxC+QFCL.jpg (338x500, 51K)

Globalization is the next step. Embrace the evolution, baby.

what makes anime more popular for zoomers not counting cliche fights?
Why can't we have something like Duckman or Dr. Katz anymore?

Did they stop showing Fox shows on AS, like Family Guy and King of the Hill?
To answer your question, Zoomer, Adult Swm is the entire reason Family Guy and Futurama got more than two seasons. It revived their popularity

>also apparently netflix is developing a ghost in the shell series?
Yeah a 3DCG one, alongside with Dragon's Dogma anime and Super Crooks

Attached: 5.jpg (575x885, 83K)

>RIP Netflix Anime.
Why?

>ATHF died for this
truly, dancing is forbidden

>Duckman
networks don't have the balls anymore
>Dr Katz
we had radio episodes some time ago and they were depressing. Dr. Katz was already old and a little grumpy. Fucking Ben was in his mid 40s and still a fucking parasite goddammit I'd prefer to kill myself before my 30s

they ruined everything in S2

>that spoiler
fuck man, now I am depressed

that's why we need a S3 to fix most shit on S2

>Dr. Katz
did anyone here really watch that crap?

neat, just hope it doesn't suffer from low frame rate issues.

That shit is seriously making me consider cancelling my sub.

Every Fox show that Fox has on [as] Family Guy, American Dad, Bob's Burgers. All of it will be owned by Disney. And like Star Wars once the deal is done they will be removed from the network Forever.

Anyone involved in making JoJo would get practically the same amount of money from you if you pirate it or pay CR. The only thing you're supporting by paying CR is their shitty con, shitty original content and shitty subs.

>Netflix Anime death.
Good fucking riddance...

>Doesn't know about licensing

CrunchyRoll pays for the rights to air the series. They don't pay the artist, they pay the people who have the rights to the show.

>Yea Forums literally cannot stop talking about anime

Attached: 1552068966788.jpg (1000x507, 116K)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Romain
They can just give this guy a wad of dough and see what happens.

It’s literally not anime if it was made for a non japanese audience with a non japanese team outside of japan.

FLCL 2 and 3 must've been pretty lucrative for them, right?

It proved yet again that here in America writing women is extremely difficult. Nothing but awful female characters in both seasons, they were really fucking grating. That entire Alternative shit at the end was just fucking awful with the girl whose name I already forgot.

But it must've made them money for them to announce stuff like this. FLCL 2 and 3 were the first AS funded anime, weren't they?

Don't make excuses. Crunchyroll shits out anime for fat weebs and you're talking about it.

Fuck you and your kindergarten logic

I dont think it did incredible and the ratings were eh.

Are you retarded? How is something not japanese or for japanese audiences in any way anime?

Ironic weebs think avatar is anime. If it looks anime then it’s anime to them.

I think a lot of zoomers grew up on anime and western cartoons but then made a hard shift to heavily sub/dub anime and manga.

Since when?

What is even a zoomer

High Guardian Spice gets an Adult Swim Toonami time slot.

Current generation. 1995-2012 is the cutoff I think

Attached: FT_19.01.17_generations_2019.png (640x347, 36K)

Generation X watched anime and Millennials grew up with it.

For the record, it was Cartoon Network who told Toonami to stop running The Clone Wars, not Disney, and that was more than a year after they canceled it. The Fox shows will continue running until the contracts expire.

And like hell American Dad is going to be abruptly pulled. Unlike Family Guy and Bob's Burgers, it's Turner money that's been funding the past several seasons, so they may lose the Fox seasons eventually, but they're going to keep running the TBS seasons for a long time, especially since it's renewed out through 2021.

>it's Turner money that's been funding the past several seasons
what

American Dad has been airing new episodes exclusively on TBS (and Adult Swim) since October 2014.

Adult Swim going full Anime,
Yes

If you want to support Araki directly, buy the fucking manga. Buying a Crunchyroll sub doesn't do anything except support Crunchyroll. I don't get why this is so hard of a concept. If you want to support creators, buy things from the creator themselves. Buying things from an intermediary only supports the intermediary.

99% of it will be shit.

>I hope for High Guardian Spice on Adult Swim.
RWBY starts airing on Adult Swim (AT&T ruins everything)

Netflix is buying up anime left and right
motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/9kpmxe/netflix-doubles-down-on-anime
>Netflix announced a trio of new anime shows on Monday, including an animated adaptation of its live action sci-fi Altered Carbon and a series based on Capcom’s Dragon’s Dogma video game.

>The shows are part of Netflix’s new partnership with anime studios Sublimation and David Production in Japan and Anima Studios in Mexico City. Last year, Netflix announced partnerships with Japan-based animation houses Production IG and Bones. That’s five major partnerships in two years—a sign that the streaming giant is doubling down on anime while staring down looming competition in the streaming space from Disney and WarnerMedia.

Attached: i wish for....jpg (512x384, 27K)

Millennials ended in 2001.
Generation Z is anyone born after 9/11.

I have no hope

>Millennials ended in 2001.
>Generation Z is anyone born after 9/11.
Wrong

>“Our partnership with Crunchyroll will open up exciting new possibilities for both of us,” Jason DeMarco, SVP and creative director for on-air at Adult Swim, said in the official announcement. “This will expand Toonami’s already great programming to include even more premiere and original anime. It’s a great time to be an anime fan!”
They're using the deal to expand the programming available on toonami not replacing all the fox shows with anime. I doubt disney is gonna pull all the fox shows off [as]. Don't they make money off the licensing deals?

I'll be laughing my ass if one of the "new original anime" they're airing on toonami ends up being high guardian spice

>RWBY starts airing on Adult Swim
pls no. Does crunchyroll even have the right to air that.

YES
Crunchyroll is Owned by AT&T too, That is why CR has RWBY on it.
These days AT&T is dumping all their animated stuff on a new app called VRV which also has a bunch of older cartoons like Rocket Power and Doug, since they own CR they also put anime and allow memberships to apply to both sites.

>AT&T owns VRV
>AT&T owns warner
Does that mean [as] can air lastman?

About time

If it's a passable anime art style, it's anime regardless of origin.

>he doesnt know that shield hero is printing money
is literally pandering the anime, obviously no one is going to remember it in like a month, but is still like the 3 or 4 most popular show this season

so more igpx and Kappa Mikey?

I'm all for more Western anime.

>Dragon's Dogma
Not a lot of story to make a show from there.

Nah. Japanese anime can die in a fire. It caters to neets and incels far too much.

>it caters to neets and incels far too much
>he says on the Comics and Cartoons board

Attached: 1492597380415.jpg (800x596, 82K)

Show me the comic book where a virgin gives a girl an orgasm by rubbing lotion on her back

Yeah me to

It barely resembled the pilot mini-series that aired on weekday Toonami if I remembered right.

I already did. Fuck them.

>Don't they make money off the licensing deals?
Ask the The Clone Wars then come back to me.

Scott the Pilgrim vs Johnny Five

Your only example is a very self aware comic. Ok buddy.

It doesn't even exist. Back down from your stupid incel argument and take a joke. Also not everyone is the same person.

My friend told me that a friend of hers is working on some neat original anime for CR. Mite b cool.

Yikes. Who pissed in your cereal?
The incel part really touched a nerve huh?

>say "stupid"
>"damn yikes u mad bro"
Do you consider anyone who curses fuming at their keyboard? Honest question.

Is shiniciro watanabe (cowboy beboy) in it?

>hers
shes just wanting attention

It's ok to be angry user. It's a human emotion

I HATE BOLOGNA

>. It caters to neets and incels far too much.
The reason why anime is popular is because it isn't made for a western audience.

4u

american written, so theyre cartoons

generation x grew up watching reruns of speed racer and astroboy on their rabbit ears

Koreans animated plenty of Japanese cartoons

Why would Adult Swim take a show that looks like it's for toddlers with Down's?

Anime isn't the art style, anime fucking means japanese cartoon. God this board keeps getting more and more braindead.

>whiners crying about " What is Anime".
Everytime....

Wow, the West is getting into the anime game! Can't wait to see anime get flooded with the SJW filth that destroyed cartoons.

Attached: 1537840183888.jpg (849x676, 26K)

>My inner kid fucking wants this.

Attached: 1522637139455.png (744x713, 339K)

Anime became mainstream in America around zoomer childhood, so there's a nostalgic connection to the genre.

can we get a space ghost anime

Man if only there was a board to discuss Anime on...

Attached: delet this dad.jpg (398x580, 150K)

Nope Big O was.

Put that shotgun down and sitdown.

>I hope for High Guardian Spice on Adult Swim
Please don't "hope" for anything related to this show other than it ending, user.

Moving it from Crunchyroll to Adult Swim wouldn't change it's "No Boys Allowed" Staff or the fact that it looks like shit.

Adult Swim made good anime before.

Attached: bn23.gif (540x280, 1.83M)

Bitch got what she deserved still waifu tier

fuck off faggot, avatar isn't anime

>robot anime
there's your problem

>animators who work on adapting a series you enjoy don't deserve anything
That's a spicy take, user.

>Yeah a 3DCG one, alongside with Dragon's Dogma anime and Super Crooks
Wait what ? Super Crooks anime ? It's as far from anime content as can be. A shitty attempt at combining heist with capeshit, with the most one-dimensional characters Millar ever created, and that's saying something.

CMON NETFLIX GRAB BERSERK

We can only dream

>The west continuing to dip its fingers in anime.
It's over. Anime is officially dead.

7/10 modern animes are harem trash ... not saying much.

>7/10 modern animes are harem trash

Attached: 1547361186366.jpg (1200x800, 251K)

nevermind, I'm retarded. You were saying 7 out of 10, not rating current anime

We'll have to wait and see desu but I can only see the increase of anime influence in western animation as a good thing. I kind of wish that western animation had been able to kind of evolve in its own direction and become its own thing entirely, but if this is what it takes for cartoons to move beyond kid's networks, fuck it I'll take it.

in the west cartoons are still related to toys, for some reason ...

I don't like this. Anime is uniquely japanese, making western anime is like selling imitation italian food.
Oh well, let's hope western producers don't force their idpol progressive shit on anime.

screenplay by Mark Millar.

And thus begin a new era of animation, I wonder if they're bring Space Dandy for a new season.

>the increase of anime influence in western animation as a good thing
all the magical girl shit says otherwise unless you're a waifufag

I dont want anyone at adult swim fucking up any existing anime, FLCL shows what happens. I don't know if Demarco is a feminist but it fucking felt like it with that writing.

>FLCL shows what happens
What happen to the original writers?

Older millennials had Robotech and a few others shows, but mostly were teens by the time the anime boom in the late 90's hit. When I was really little the only anime I saw was Speed Racer and Samurai Pizza Cats, but Midway through grade school DBZ and Pokemon was a big hit with everybody.

>let's make a show about a mech battle royale
>instead let's make a less interesting show about mech racing
I think the thing about sports anime is it's interesting because of the human fact. When you take that out and add mech shit which generally people find less interesting you pretty much ruin it.
Imagine any sports anime with mechs. It's pretty much worse.

Attached: 1453966827792.jpg (658x620, 117K)

>7/10 modern animes are isekai trash
ftfy

>harem trash
It's the current year. That shit was like 10 years ago. It's all about isekai and CGI now.

Attached: 1547890473378.jpg (958x716, 148K)

This

Have you seen any Adult Swim show? HGS could easily be the best looking thing on it.