Is superman lame?

Is superman lame?

Attached: roy-hakim-superman.jpg (400x400, 68K)

No, he's pretty cool.

Yes, absolutely.

That's just the ice breath.

What are you talking about? He's standing in your pic, how could he be lame?

Nah

No he’s super.

>be a character that everyone is supposed to like
>nobody likes him
he sucks

He can fly. For all you know those spindly legs might snap if he put his weight on them.

When they try to make him gritty or badass, yes.
When they play him straight and own his cornball nature he's awesome.

Based off modern interpretations; yes.

I can't help but like JL/JLU Superman.

Since the 80s, yes(unless written by Moore, Morrison or Millar)
Before 80s, no.

>nobody likes him
Then how he managed to sell comics for 80 years in a row?

Why? That Superman DID suck
>Constant whiner
>Constant jobber
>Easily manipulated retard
>Constantly owned and emasculated by Batman

You're the type of Superman fan that i don't like.

No, he's super lame.
And his girlfriend is Louis Lame.

He's greatly subsidized by Batman

Boomers who believe physical copies will be worth 20x their value in a couple decades inflating the sales

You’re the kind of user I don’t like: retarded.

fpbp

Attached: Superman-ross.jpg (250x321, 62K)

Attached: Lame.jpg (779x601, 491K)

Did Superman outsell Batman in the Silver Age?
Legitimately, I have no idea. Batman had obviously sold more in recent decades due to movies and a slew of graphic novels.

>increasing number EVUL SUPAHMAN trope stories
but why

He's more interesting when he's in stories without other DC heros

Oh god yes absolutely Batman was absolute shit drivel until he was re-imagined as the dark night, hell his book was basically cancelled in the 70's which is what caused the character reboot. If anything Batman is the most successful character reboot to ever happen in the history of comics.

Superman on the other hand has only been rebooted very recently and it's been a fucking mess as I'm sure you're aware. Batman fit in extremely well with the hyper violent, grungy, self loathing, disdain, and pseudo drama of the 80's and 90's and Superman doesn't fit into that at all. So you have a bunch of GenX and 90's kids that grew up in that era and love Batman, of course there are those that also like Superman but it's the reason why he hasn't been as popular.

Once optimism comes back into fashion Superman will return to his former glory but until that day Batman will be the front runner.

He's the character who people that don't actually read comics use to stand in for everything they think they hate about comics.

it took batman 60 years to not be seen as a huge faggot and a symbol of fag and pedo pride because of batman Bruce is gay slang

>>Constantly owned and emasculated by Batman

Sounds like most DC characters.