Was there any reason it didn't get picked up? Besides the name thing, but that sounds like a load of bullshit

Was there any reason it didn't get picked up? Besides the name thing, but that sounds like a load of bullshit

Attached: Hellbenders.png (850x465, 315K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/u7jzqXnYwfo
youtube.com/watch?v=GKZJdaiJF84
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Okay Imma be real, why the hell would you want this to get picked up? It's nothing but screeching and random faces. Yeah it's your opinion and all but why would anyone think this has potential on TV?

The pilot's pretty funny, and I'm guessing by what you are saying you haven't seen it. Plus I just kinda wanted to know why it didn't get picked up
youtu.be/u7jzqXnYwfo
Here's the link if you want to check it out

>Besides the name thing
The name thing was just a part of a larger problem: Chris and Zach made themselves look like moronic, amateur jackasses to the guys they were pitching to. Zach has said multiple times on different streams that it doesn't matter how great your show idea is, if you cause yourself to come off as a major pain to work with then nobody's going to want to bother with you.

Attached: 1546369197534.jpg (308x403, 20K)

because some faggot hacked their account, released it edited down (no funny parts)
and ruined everything

Oh.

well, miko faget is never going to get shit then
total sociopath
no one liked him, all the people i worked with

This type of show been done before with beavis and butthead and its better

I'd say 'Hellbenders' is deadpan absurdism while 'Beavis and Butthead' is moreso social satire framed from the perspectives of two idiots (who likely reflect the average MTV viewers).

Lazzo fucking hated it

It probably wouldn't have been the best show, but it would have been funny now and then which is more than a lot of AS shows can say. It probably would have been relatively cheap to produce compared to some of their shit.

Also I have a theory that they went with the name Hellbenders since that's the name of an actual amphibian so kids could say it to their parents and at school and they wouldn't really be cursing.

It´s funny in the context of knowing what kind of humor Oney and PP has, but in all honesty they probably comes of as people who wouldn´t be able to handle a large scale project. Every enterprise they´ve undertaken falls apart or seems to be unstructured

Also, they don´t have connections up their ass, didn´t graduate from any animation school and have no background in the industry. Spells doom

When I said the name thing, I was talking about how they said it didn't get picked up because it has the name hell in it, when Adult Swim had 2 shows around the time based on hell/have hell in their name

He’s not entirely wrong though, hellbenders works better as short, sporadic yt videos. Even the pilot struggled to fill a full time slot and it still managed to go under.

> (You)
>He’s not entirely wrong though, hellbenders works better as short, sporadic yt videos. Even the pilot struggled to fill a full time slot and it still managed to go under.
You make a good point. I just kinda want more out of it though than just 3 shorts and an unfinished pilot, plus the name thing they talked about doesn't seem like a real reason to not pick up a show over

Look, just because millions of autistic 12 year olds on youtube laugh at your screaming and silleh faces doesn't actually mean you are talented or funny. The moment you put this shit in the context of an actual televised series it's painfully unfunny. These faggots have a large online following that makes them and their fans feel they are ENTITLED to a show, like they can just walk in and get a TV contract. But look at it, it's shit.
You show the kind of garbage Oney makes to people in their mid 20s and over, adult-swim's target demographic, when they have never heard of Oney and they'll wonder why this lolsorandum shit got on television.

And even if you are one of the aspies who thinks Oney-tier YT LOL SCREAM shit is good, you have to accept that it doesn't stay funny over the course of 10 minutes, let alone an entire series. TV people want something that will last a long time, they want to see the potential for 5 seasons and to be able to play reruns. Can you seriously tell me you think this kind of HAHA SILLEH FACE ZOOM shit has that kind of potential?

This. TV mostly sucks but there is still a required level of professionalism that really makes clear how bad a lot of youtube stuff really is. Putting things made for youtube on TV really helps you see how terrible some of it is, even the popular stuff.

I love the excuse that the only reason it didn't happen was because of the name and them refusing to change it, because either that isn't true and it's pure damage control to protect their egos - or it IS true and the dumbest fucking thing ever. Nobody gets to walk into a place, ask producers for lots of money and a broadcast deal, and also expect to have absolute creative control and not budge on ANYTHING, especially when they haven't done anything before. Getting that AS gig would be such a huge break for them both, not to mention AS is pretty much their only possible outlet for a project like Hellbenders. If they genuinely turned down a deal over the title that's the dumbest thing ever. But I think the former is far more likely. I think the project fell apart for a hundred different reasons and they want to maintain some delusion of pride after blowing it.
Chris seems like he would be a nightmare to work with, Zack would do better to go on without him or try something else with a partner who is more talented and less of a retard and liability.

>if you cause yourself to come off as a major pain to work with then nobody's going to want to bother with you.
Takes me back to Spoony literally screeching in the halls of a gaming event and because other TGWTG people were associated with him, no one wanted to talk to them.

Fuck lazzo

I absolutely hate the sitcoms I have the misfortune of walking in on if someone else in my home is watching TV. But- it's made of a formula that I can understand and appeals to the TV watching audience.

Humor like oney's just cannot work as a televised series unless you're working with big dick budgets and connections. The 12 year olds who watch it likely aren't being monitored by their parents online or watching it on school computers anyway so good luck getting viewers when Bimmy's mom turns off the TV.

>the excuse that the only reason it didn't happen was because of the name
Except they never said that. See

Ahem

Attached: Aqua_Teen_Hunger_Force_main_characters.png (273x362, 107K)

But user AT was actually good with jokes that were thought out by adults, not slapped together and "funny" because someone screeched it while making a silly face. I mean, some jokes /were/ just that but- it's not the same!

it's pretty bad

>the name thing they talked about doesn't seem like a real reason to not pick up a show over
more than likely, it's an excuse or a diversion
if it's an excuse, it's by AS where they didn't want to pick up the show and had to come up with a reason
if it's a diversion, it's by zach to avoid having to explain just how unprofessional they were

the comparison between Spoony and Zach is pretty appropriate
Zach basically uses his patreon to subsidize his living in california and sporadically puts out shit (often shit-tier quality) to give anyone a reason to donate

that was also made on a shoestring budget and lasted AS a shit ton of years

>california
Oh, so where the other scum of the earth congregate.

>The moment you put this shit in the context of an actual televised series it's painfully unfunny.
Didnt stop animated diarreah like Mr Pickles to have multiple seasons

was there a reason that sleepycabin never once put out a joint animation? they had like 5-6 animators with years of experience

Yes but what about the behind the scenes? Who walked into the office with credentials to their name? That sort of thing.

Cause they all worked on other shit just listen to any of the podcasts.

Why is the most common argument in favor of Hellbenders getting on TV just someone saying "but this OTHER shit show got on TV!"?
I mean, doesn't that tell you something?

>Unprofessional

Didn't Zach state in a podcast that they made fun of someone in the lobby before their meeting started then that person turned out to be one of the heads they had to present to?

Yet he thinks Superjail and Awesome Show are fucking hilarious

Please don't be bullshitting.

Attached: 1508560277381.jpg (640x512, 40K)

Zach daid that AS didnt want to pick it up because they already had a hell show.

Looking at the pilot ep, they probably couldve gotten around it

It also wasn’t finished they were working on it and it was released before it was fully done.

Also about the name the reason the name was an issue was that as the season went along that hell was going to become much more of a part of the story and show.
It wasn’t just them changing the name of the show. The studio wanted them to change the story too.

>dude give us a tv show just look at how many views my harry potter parody has lmao
>oh, not impressed? well just look at my dragonball z parody
>what about my simpsons parody
>wtf what do you mean this isn't good enough, look at those numbers!

Adult Swim made the right choice

Yet more posting about other shows being bad but not about Hellbenders actually being great or better than them

The original argument was that Hellbenders wouldnt work as a tv series because it was something only stoners and 12 year olds would find funny DESPITE shows like Family Guy having the same audience

I know this will cause a lot of denial and anger but even if you think Family Guy jokes are shit, there are at least jokes. Season one of Family Guy is competently made, no matter how much you may hate it. It has storylines, characters, and actual jokes.
Hellbenders has screaming and silly faces. I know a lot of people who were fans of Family Guy who would find Hellbenders unbearably obnoxious. Family Guy, love it or hate it, can be watched and enjoyed by people of pretty much any age. Hellbenders definitely wouldn't be enjoyed by people over 25 unless there was something genuinely wrong with them.

In all honesty you should talk about the first 3 seasons of family guy as if its a completely different show.

This.
My parents watch Family Guy if it's on. They aren't fans or anything, but they watch it between other shows they like more and enjoy it just fine. I cannot imagine them putting up with even one minute of anything oney made.
Anyone arguing that Hellbenders should have been commissioned on the grounds that Family Guy sucks is a massive fucking retard who hasn't got a clue about anything.

something like that

nail on the head. I think a lot of people have been fans of sleepycabin shit for so long that they've lost their objectivity. they like the cartoons they make because they like who made them, not because they actually think the cartoons are good. you show the average sleepycabin crew animation to someone who has never heard of them and chances are they won't think it's anything special or even think it's outright shit.

family guy was also cancelled twice and revived because it has enough of a following to make a killing in DVD sales
Hellbenders doesn't have that

i tried this once with my dad i was more autistic at the time
i was the only one laughing

>Hellbenders: edgy shit
>Family Guy: edgy shit
>ITS TOTALLY DIFFERENT AND HAS JOKES
please dont get laid

Is there a single argument in favor of this garbage getting to be a television show that isn't just "but ___ got on tv and it sucks!!"?
So many people practically admitting it has no merit whatsoever.
I mean I could probably make a better show than problem solverz but I can't walk into a boardroom and make that my pitch and expect to get a deal.

>watch season one of family guy
>watch hellbenders
Woah these are the exact same, hellbenders would undoubtedly be just as big a hit as family guy. I also have autism.

But Family Guy did have jokes in the beginning. You don't have to like them, but it did.

youtube.com/watch?v=GKZJdaiJF84

but this is just edgy shit and screaming and close ups of wacky faces
oh wait it's not, and that other user is a complete retard

I actually laughed. I forgot this show did used to be funny.
And yeah, this is a 100 times better than Hellbenders, no matter how many angry fanboy kiddies want to meme otherwise

>oh boy an online animator has made a new cartoon! I am looking forward to all the funny jokes!
>it's just le funneh face and silleh voice haha LOUD ebeblelbeeblle LOUD SILLEH FACE again
Oh well, maybe next time...
Maybe next time...

>be fan in high school
>oh hey LP's I like those
>KH1
>Pedo jokes, Sora's feet, this is gay, more gay jokes, this game sucks, repeat ad nauseum
Yeah. Nah. Jingling keys gets old after you hit a certain point be it age or used to the gimmick.

Attached: D0xF3QpXgAEwGLy.png (500x282, 218K)

>did have jokes in the beginning
Yeah like a million years ago, now its edgy unfunny shit
Im not defending nuFG so you're the retard here

Nobody is defending new Family Guy. Please link to the tweets saying new Family Guy is good, I'll wait.

>Hellbenders: edgy shit
>Family Guy: edgy shit, but wasn't in the beginning. actually had jokes.
There, happy now? Both are shit. But one used to be less shit. Glad we can all agree that neither current Family Guy or Hellbenders should be on TV because both are for imbeciles and autistic children.

not gonna lie, i hated the pilot
it felt a lot like when they try making a movie about a joke character. the joke shouldn't go on too long, so the character's best left to shorts
hell, they probably could've pitched it a lot like how Robot Chicken is, and just had Hellbenders as one of the recurring bits

did any of the jokes actually land on the pilot? I can think of one, where Oney had an idea and kinda hit his head on the idea lightbulb. granted, it's been done before, but it was kind of a classic joke

Mr Pickles was literally never funny and got several seasons
You can make shows that are edgy work if you can make them funny like Superjail

>the joke shouldn't go on too long, so the character's best left to shorts
Imagine if Afro Samurai was a series of 3 minutes (at the max) shorts.

Honestly, your autism is blinding you from the harsh truth

>family guy: shit but its script driven
>hellbenders: shit but its board/animation/slapstick driven

the harshest pill any animator can swallow is to realize that the one thing they specialize in, the actual animating part itself? People really, really don't give a shit about it. People will take the thing that's been written out over the thing that's only been thought out visually, every single time. People find overanimated shit distracting, its not fun. Animators took all the wrong lessons from the people before them.

Yeah its bullshit, yeah its unfair, but its the fucking truth.

Attached: 1488880028240.png (799x808, 398K)

user? Where'd you go? I want to see those posts defending new Family Guy. Otherwise people might thing you were the retard all along.

>The pilot's pretty funny
Not really, it relies heavily funny faces. No setups for jokes, no callbacks to earlier jokes, and everything is so random.

The fly kingdom would have made a good 12 episode series desu

a lot of online animators can't accept they need good writers, too.
that's why so much animation comedy is absolute shit. the punchline to almost every scene is a scream or violence or a silly face or usually all three. it's not good enough. this stuff can be funny, sure, but if it's all you've got it gets old fast.
animators who can actually write decent jokes are so rare. that's why so much of their stuff is derivative as fuck, and why it usually feels like once you've seen a handful of online animators' stuff, you've seen them all. they all copy each other because none of them had ideas in the first place. and it's easier to make literal children laugh with LOUD NOISE then actually writing jokes.

Superjail is hilarious you pleb.

This

Nope

it's basically why egoraptor was shit

Girlchan was his last best thing. I'm positive 3-4 jokes hae been made Stands in Jojo by now too. Or some anime following it. It would have made a good 11 minute episode joke series, complete with the voice actor joke given the current market on actors.

From what I've heard about their work ethic, Oney and Zach sound like what happens when you've never worked under somebody in your life. Like they sound really entitled from how they want to dictate most of the show's production without compromising.

Even the most mediocre TV show runners had to work as writers, storyboarders etc before getting their own show. Like at least now Zach is doing some free lance work for Nickelodeon and is networking with people there. I can't say the same for Oney, dude needs to drop his pride and work in the industry for awhile before even trying to get his own TV show.

Man run in and he funny scream

Fuck Mr. Pickles and Fuck Hellbenders. The real show that got hard done by was King Star King. It literally won an Emmy and had millions of online viewers let Lazzo cancelled it because it was too edgy. It was the true successor to Superjail, amazing animation.

Attached: kino.jpg (452x678, 55K)

I saw that
it was just as shit as everything else he's done

Girlchan feels like what OK K.O was suppose to be if it was made for AS and had funnier jokes.

it probably was, given that Ian's shown no qualms about working on shows that rip shit off in the past
doesn't help that they both suck

>essentially parodies anime and video game cliches and references