Why did the banished lions even follow Scar ?

Why did the banished lions even follow Scar ?

They look up to him as if he represented a superior political ideology

But the first movie showed how terrible he was as a sovereign and he forced famine and drought upon the land and let the hyenas took over

Why would Zira or the other lionesses think Scar was a better leader than Simba ? I don't get it

It would've been more logical if they made Zira Scar's wife, but he apparently wasn't since Kovu is another's kid

They should have made Kovu Scar's son

Attached: IMG_1227.png (1455x1065, 1.3M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/lQsQqOlPjhs
youtube.com/watch?v=wqUbkD-uAp8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

how do you force drought?

By being evil

Fanatics don't use logic.

It is a Sith method. It's not something a Jedi can do.

Even if Zira wasn't his actual, literal wife she still could have wanted to fuck him or had a one-night stand with him and then never let it go.

I don't think it's too out there for a shit person to have some crazy followers/admirers though. Maybe Zira and co. were favored compared to the rest of the pride.

Zira is a literal beta who got the dick. Scar probably fucked her as a joke.

Plot Convinience

scar was gay

Zira and all the banished lions were the seed that Scar created by fucking all the lioneses during his time as the King and Simba's excile.
Simba aparently expelled them becasue he did not want any of Scar cubs.
I mean, obviously Scar had cubs during his time, the alpha male has to fuck all the females.

>They should have made Kovu Scar's son
It's already a loose adaptation of a romantic tragedy with animals, you don't need to add incest to injury.

Why didn't she just bone him then ?

Who is even is Kovu's father ??

Why not ?

Because Zira is fucking crazy.

Theyre fanatically loyal to Scar. Once they all realize how far its taking them they decide to stop following Zira and live in the Pride Lands. Zira was even offered an olive branch by Simba but was too far gone and tried to kill his daughter. No real loss there

Because they are black, even if a black Lion like Scar was shit, they will consider him a victim.

>Theyre fanatically loyal to Scar

Yes I got this, I was asking why

Diverting a river
Beavers can do it.
Animals could actually do a lot to alter their environment if they were sentient and organized.
Maybe the pridelands were bountiful because Elephants built dams that sent a river towards them and created a lake and tributaries.

Because Disney literally stole the idea for the Lion King.

Attached: Kimba.webm (1280x720, 2.99M)

ok?

>They look up to him as if he represented a superior political ideology
>But the first movie showed how terrible he was as a sovereign and he forced famine and drought upon the land and let the hyenas took over

Lot of people support ideologies that have been proven again and again to have awful results

Zira did have a relationship with Scar canonically. It's just that Kovu is not her biological son

Cousins are legal where I live, I see no problem

Scar wanted to fuck Nala in a deleted scene

Then who is ?

Why didn’t Simba just kill scar’s cubs?

>popped a chub when she sang breast
anyone else?

youtu.be/lQsQqOlPjhs
Best intro out there.

I think Lion King 2 would've worked better if they replaced the outcast lions with Hyena's.

Sure biologically it doesn't make sense but it fixes the one issue some people had with the first film where if you think about it too hard, Mufasa was kinda a racist. Or speciest I guess.

Me.

So Scar is a metaphor for communism?

Attached: 1541547797977.jpg (917x960, 135K)

He's lion Che Guevara yes

Kinda, he's also a metaphor for gender politics. Lions are extremely patriarchal polygamists, hyenas are ridiculously matriarchal with female pseudo-penises. Scar used the feminists hyenas to gain power over the patriarchal society.

tezuka worked with Disney once on a jungle taitei movie but they ended canceling it, they already had a script and artwork prepared, then when tezuka died Disney just did what they always do and worked in their own version without asking permission to anyone.

He used his mighty lion penis.

Spotted hyenas are actually more complex than just that since rank is also hereditary so the son of a matriarch also is above pretty much every other hyena in that clan excluding his mother and sisters.

Lion king was more about maintaining the circle of life or balance in nature. Scar upset the balance by causing the lionesses to overhunt because of his alliance with the hyenas. At the end of the day, scar was greedy for power but didn’t know how to maintain things once he obtained the power that he wanted.

On an economic level, the lions were already communistic before scar seized power. The difference was that mufasaa was educated on how to maintain the circle of life and apparently their father never taught scar the fundamentals of being a king.

Not the drought, but the famine was his fault. He brought in the hyenas and over-hunted the Pridelands, when the rains didn't come the game migrated. Scar forced them to stay at Pride Rock with no water and no food.

user, it was deleted just because they realized it was Scar and wouldn't make sense with a gal.

Attached: hintti leijona.png (778x705, 248K)

Ironic part being lions have shit success rates when it comes to hunting and get the majority of their kills from chasing off other predators of their kills using numbers and size against other lone hunters. Even funnier is how spotted hyenas have a much higher success rate when it comes to hunts.

>Even funnier is how spotted hyenas have a much higher success rate when it comes to hunts

because they hunt in massive packs while lion prides seldom have more than 3 lioness going out at a time. Also both suck compared to wild dogs.

>get the majority of their kills from chasing off other predators of their kills using numbers and size against other lone hunters.

That's called 'Taxation'.

Lions and Hyenas are natural enemies in real life though

By that logic, Nala and Simba would have to be siblings as well. I mean, it's not an infeasible deduction to make, but nobody seemed to make the connection when Mufasa was the alpha male so...

In real lions prides ruled by brothers share the females and by lion standards Scar is the more attractive lion. Either way, Nala and Simba are very much blood related.

>They should have made Kovu Scar's son
But then Simba Junior would be committing incest.

A lot of places were cousins are legal, alot of the population show a much higher incidence of genetic and psychological diseases.

>deleted scene
I thought it was just added to pad out the musical.
youtube.com/watch?v=wqUbkD-uAp8
Good number though.

no, there's even storyboards and place holder singing/ating for it too

Scar and Ziva is an example of a "cult personality" politicians that set up dictatorships, through charisma and ideology. They rule how they see please and when they died there is nobody quite like them and their nation suffers a revolution that eliminates their ideology. Lybia, Portugal and Venezuela, possibly Turkey in the future when Erdogan dies, are good examples of this.

Not all prides are ruled by brother. From what I read between 50-60% of prides are ruled by unrelated lions. The top record for number of lions in a pride I think is 62.

>by lion standards Scar is the more attractive lion
>by lion standards
>lion standards
Wait, how the fuck do you know what lions want to fuck?

Scientists did research and found that lionesses like bigger darker colored manes. Lionesses will even leave a male's pride if his mane is too small.

Mufasa was bigger with a fuller mane than Scar.
They might have evened out.

The irony being that the darker mane means higher body temperature which means lower sperm count.

he isnt..... thats like... a main plotpoint in the film user. Kovu was found by Zira and raised to be scar's hier.

This is a movie with magic cloud ghosts.

>It would've been more logical if they made Zira Scar's wife, but he apparently wasn't since Kovu is another's kid
For all intents and purposes, he was

The ONLY reason Kovu is explicitly said to NOT be Scar's son is because they realized that would make him and Simba's daughter cousins.