Doom Patrol thread

I haven't been this invested in a capeshit show since Daredevil season 1, holy shit this is good.

i want rita to hug me

Attached: 1280-doompatrol-1545417067384_1280w.jpg (1280x720, 177K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LyhBBjlbpv4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

self-bump

Sorry OP, I'm glad you're enjoying the show, but these kinds of threads are strongest when a new episode premieres. Try Friday.

I loved the Grant Morrison run (never finished it though) how does the show stack up?

did...did they retcon the invisible man into being a homo?

It's not 1:1, but it's a fun cape show. Brendan Fraser is killing it as Cliff.

That's not what retcon means.

They do a few good callbacks but then there's a few modifications I'm undecided on. Decent show on its own though.

More like capitalizing on the LGBTQaeiou. It’s the last of the envolpes that they could “push” but it’s just annoying and obvious.

> Also his name is Hush

Attached: 6158EAA7-BF9C-441A-AAE8-E4E5CB827BA9.jpg (563x684, 190K)

You people are gonna hate Rebis.

Or any of Morrison-inspired stuff. Having non-straight characters is the least weird thing of his shit.

>user get on the floor
mommy

Attached: 1552091530582.webm (438x545, 238K)

jane is sjw-femi-nazi and rita is too old, can't fap... I wish they've got some young girl like raven

>Brendan Fraser is killing it as Cliff.
user you're just memeing right? his character is a cuck

you dcshills are pathetic

So is Grant involved in this? Now that he's a bona fide show producer with Happy an' all...

Is Fraser good in this?

yes

Why does Yea Forums attract so many awkward, alt-right, anti-sjw. incels?

I get that comics are a stereotypically geeky pursuit, and that geeks are stereotypically socially maladjusted and awkward, but these things normally alo preach tolerance, acceptance, diversity and other "sjw" values. Just how messed up inside does someone have to be to become obsessed with a medium while also hysterically rejecting that mediums core messages?

He's rolling in his grave.

Attached: where do you think we are.jpg (944x712, 99K)

Critical thinking is hard and people come here to look at cool costumes and big fights.

>alt-right, anti-sjw
you say that like it's a bad thing

Attached: 1522951748066.jpg (1280x720, 65K)

user, he literally becomes a hermaprhodite in the comics. I know its hard for you to comprehend why an LGBT character in a world about fucking misfits is thematically appropriate, but you're just stepping into the shallows.

>a hermaprhodite

Attached: 15508608338930.png (288x415, 178K)

Why does a website attract faggots that post dumb shit? The world may never know.

go back to tumblr faggot

I wish the writing was more consistently on par with the first episode. You can feel stuff like the quality of the dialogue and pacing zigzag every week, the show basically gets by on the charm of its style/ethos and lead performances alone. I could watch or listen to this version of Cliff literally all day.

Fuck you Darren!

muh dick

His dick doesn't work and if he tried to have relationships they'd die.

If a homo can't fuck. Does it even matter.

It matters because the showrunners want to signal it in some way. They couldn't just make it a non issue. It had to be known that he's gay.

It had to be known? He was only gay in the show

Not in the books

Attached: 1CDAA048-8ED9-469A-9DB3-F22D7E751ECB.jpg (660x806, 317K)

>It had to be known?
yes user. it's 2019, it's the only way now.

Attached: vlcsnap-2018-11-06-17h47m59s196.jpg (1920x1088, 159K)

Hate crazy Jane, this bitch doesn't feels like a woman with mental problems, looks like she's acting in a school play.

yes mommy I'll be a good boy and come for nursy handies

>It had to be known that he's gay.
sexuality is usually a large part of a person's identity and lifestyle, yes

>lifestyle
Sure
>identity
Absolutely not

Penny Farthing was the worst. Forced stutter and saying sir felt forced.

Attached: 8A3889E1-DC44-4505-BB05-81158363D562.jpg (1411x1226, 1.34M)

What his character turned his wife into a cuckquean to his nanny.

Absoutely yes, you dipshit. Just because your sexuality isn't relevant to you, doesn't mean their sexuality isn't relevant to them.

human, especially men, have sex as a high priority
liking dick is, therefore, kind of a big deal, especially in the fucking 50s

You are the problem with society. You are a homophobic prick who thinks that sexuality matters

to be clear he loses the negative being for a bit, then the negative being basically abducts him and some random black chick that was dating some other hero and then fuses all 3 together to become one fabulous flying motherfucker

a few issues later, a painting eats paris.

Attached: Rebis.png.jpg (275x240, 74K)

Nice attempt at trying to guilt me into not objectively observing that some people think of their sexuality as being a part of their identity, you fucking stooge.

Or are you trying to tell me that no one who attends an Gay Pride parade sees their homosexuality as being a part of their identity?

> you think sexuality matters to a person's identity
> therefore you hate the gays
People are going to fall for this bait.

And they're fucking retards who lack an actual identity so they latch on to the one thing bigoted people like you care about. You're defining people by their sexuality, something they have no control over given to them at birth. That is prejudice, bigoted.

Lot of faggot posts in this thread.

The show had a great first episode - an absolute Brenaissance. Mr. Nobody is solid as hell and I want more of him. The second episode was MOSTLY fine but Rita’s cgi bag moment was terrible and I’m glad we’re gonna give her proper stretch powers. Jane isn’t great but if they can just give her some more characters and less Hammerhead it might be okay?? To be fair though, I never cared much for Jane and only liked her THROUGH Cliff’s character and the recent reveal of him seeing his daughter in her only solidified thaf so she gets a pass in my book. Cyborg is completely solid as well.

But what I really want to say is that I LOVE CAULDER! He has shown that you can make the off the wall shit of Morrison’s run work when you have Caulder tangentially tied to it. I’m not loving the hunt for him but I’m loving his status as a central figure, along with Mr. Nobody.

Different squad but it's closest to Morrison.

eg In the first episode, Robotman tells Jane to come in out of the rain.

Those people define things by sexuality WAY more than the other side.

Here's a question I have.

So far I've only watched the first two episodes, but we were led to think that Cliff's origin is like the comics, but it turns out that he was suppressing his memory of accidentally causing the death of his wife and kid in the crash.

But I also read the Morrison Doom Patrol a decade before and also know the Chief could also be manipulating things. Would you say the Chief is manipulating Cliff's memories so that he'd stay with the Doom Patrol?

Soon

Attached: Rita.webm (1920x1080, 372K)

>tfw Elasti-Mommy will never force you to come to her for spankies

>invisible man
In case you ever need proof that Yea Forums doesn't read comics, here it is

what's this from

Is Rachel Pollock's run after Grants any good?

I wonder If she can see boats from up there.
youtube.com/watch?v=LyhBBjlbpv4

Attached: B R E N A S S I A N C E.png (827x780, 1.36M)

tomorrow when REEEEEEEEE I can't take it anymore somebody please tranquilize me

Anonymous sites are prime recruitment grounds for retarded neo-nazi types and these groups noticed this around 2016. Hence the massive influx of stormfaggots. They'll go away when it turns out they're incapable of affecting change and an hero.

next episode's intro i guess

Hopefully they don't spend the entire season looking for the Chief, I want him to be a part of the main cast in future episodes.

You're a moron. Sexuality is indeed part of a person, and therefore part of their definition as a living being. It's not the only thing that defines them, but nobody's saying it is - that's just your retarded strawman. Nobody is fooled by your braindead attempts to call others bigots because they aren't as buttfrustrated as you by a character being gay.

That's what this comes down to. A character being gay makes you unreasonably livid and you hate that other people aren't as anally luminous as you. But you have to pretend to be the good guy here, so you make these asinine attempts to insist that actually people who don't mind gays are the real bigots. Sort your fucking life out and stop fooling yourself into thinking that anyone else is dumb enough to fall for this retarded shit.

If you actually bothered to watch the show, you'd know that this character is not at all defined entirely by being gay. That just one element of who he is, and if you weren't a shit for brains election tourist and knew anything about the Doom Patrol, you'd know that this is clearly the writers playing around with something that happens to the character later and tweaking it a little.

"big" commercial

does crazy jane smell different depending on which personality is at the wheel?

She always smells like that sort of rot that over time kills a show.

I only saw the first episode and really enjoyed it. When do the episodes air? It's not like Netflix where they shit out the whole season in one go. But I wanna know if my sites are up to date or what.

Like salty garbage

Attached: 7CE50FCA-3FC6-447C-9E34-D987883839F2.jpg (543x1955, 1.02M)

>waahhh Hammerhead the designated bitch personality said a mean thing about men!
Learn to understand fiction user.

new episodes every friday

>Character has every power
>No drawbacks
>Actress is terrible
>Every personality is annoying
But no I'm sure it's just one comment that made people hate her. Not like people have commented on how bad she's been since her first fucking appearance.

Does her left hand look weird or is it just me not knowing how the body works?

Don't spend this all in one place now

There's also Coagula, she wasn't Morrison.

This is the finest quality bait in seen on this site in ages.

>invisible man

it's just her fingers splayed out
nothing you shouldn't be able to do

>that titty jiggle

muh dicc

>No drawbacks
Are you actually without a brain?

Please tell us. Is it that she's too super?

She's a mess of personalities that can step in and fuck shit over when they want. Furthermore many of them aren't cooperative even if they're not hostile. I mean for fucks sake she fucked up the entire situation in the last episode because one of her personalities can't control its constant anger and another was too demure to do anything.

Are you even watching the show?

That and her most functional personality is, at the best of times, only working with the team begrudgingly, and the rest of the time she's either totally non-cooperative or actively hostile towards them.

Top-tier bait