The sword he pulled from the stone wasn't Excalibur

>the sword he pulled from the stone wasn't Excalibur
that seriously fucked me up as a kid, everything I believed got fucking obliterated in front of my eyes.

Attached: 678686.jpg (3256x2419, 2.34M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Cc-4G0TUUo0
youtube.com/watch?v=5QWniGQb2YA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bedivere
youtube.com/watch?v=USUucZVnno0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faiza_Hussain
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Myth/KingArthur
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Caliburn.

yes, I was living a lie.

Why do people keep messing that up? Is the lady of the lake that boring that they think the sword in the stone is much cooler?

It depends on which interpretation of the myth you're reading. Excalibur was the sword in the stone in at least one version. Arthurian canon is incredibly obtuse, and there is no real definitive version of it.

I don't think it's that so much as condensing. It's easier if there's one sword, one Morgan, etc.

apparently he had an arsenal of legendary weapons

The Excalibur is from a lake, is it not?

Also, it's not just the sword in the stone, it's the sword in the anvil on the stone.

Honestly, yeah. Drawing the legendary sword from an altar of stone is a much cooler story; lady in a lake tossing over the sword and taking it back later is kinda lame. It's somehow more old hat, the stone story stands the test of time.

>reminder hellboy pulled excalibur from a stone

Attached: 6556.jpg (500x387, 49K)

Yeah, Excalibur, Caliburn, a couple of lances, an invisibility dagger, dude was armed to the teeth.

and the Pridwen shield that no arrow or sword can penetrate, but I wonder if bullets will work.

That's what happens when he basically becomes a public domain character centuries before the concept was even a thing. Arthur and his retinue appeared in European poetry of all kinds across the 11th century, ironically a lot of them French in origin. Malory's Le Morte d'Arthur is probably the one most people think of when he comes up, but it's hardly the most definitive version.

Attached: yogen-yogensia-1.jpg?1452417607.jpg (1920x1080, 197K)

Nimue also opens the door for Sir Balin, he who could not stop fucking up, and that's a whole other beast of a story that doesn't need going into unless you're planning on doing the Grail stuff too.

Excalibur is overkill, he can just walk into any army and cut his way through it dashing and slashing and no matter how much anyone try to hurt him he just heals back with excalibur's scabbard.

Clarent actually. Common misconception.

Just take the scabbard bro.

strange women lyin' in ponds distributing
swords is no basis for a system of government user

excalibur can cut atoms, that's more fun

Attached: 1527042254160.gif (481x481, 126K)

You are now thinking of a man who isn't worthy to pull the sword from the stone, but is strong enough to hold and swing the sword while its blade is still stuck in a giant rock.

if only Merlin warned that he might be cucked by one of his future knights
I mean he traveled through time

Dracula's reincarnation (soma) did it once.

Attached: AoS_Excalibur.gif (185x170, 60K)

I like how the movie Excalibur does both. Uther gets the sword from the lady of the lake and as as he's dying in battle he drives the sword into the stone so his enemies can't have it

youtube.com/watch?v=Cc-4G0TUUo0

I know, I was trying to make people here think of it without needing to know about Aria of Sorrow.

sorry, everybody here is a nerd.

That's a good way to do it.
He does in Steinbeck's take on it.

>can't pull the sword from the stone
>just break the stone into pieces

Attached: mind.gif (500x281, 3.05M)

Clarent is the sword that was meant to be used in peace times and to Knight new knights before Mordred pulled a Horus

Well not all nerds are well-versed in Castlevania.

that's cool

Clarent's the sword used for knighting people. It's not the one from the stone.

Reminder Lancelot is the fuck up who ruined everything.

it was one of the first thing we learned in second year at nerd school. you know, I think you are not even a nerd, show me the secret handshake!

ah yes, the coward's blade.

Arthur fucks up everything by drowning babies long before Lancelot and Guenevere start fucking.

What about spears?

Did Arthur rape to make Mordred or is he a homunculus?

Honestly the thing is both the lake and the stone are kind of interchangable. In the stories atleast. They serve to show at first he is the guy worthy of being king by getting it from the stone/lake, then at some point he falters puts the sword in limbo with rock/lake shenanigans and can only reclaim it when he is worthy of it again, and that he has indeed returned.

Which does which changes story to story but the idea behind both is the same. The sword is promised to someone worthy to be king but needs a way that I can't be fought over.

Wasn't rape, he fucked some other king's wife, found out it was his sister later.

he had a spear called ramon-something, can't remember the whole name.

wait, I just remember I was on the internet and could just google it. it's called Rhongomiant

Don't blame Lancelot. It's not hos fault he was written as a French self-insert OC

I will absolutely blame Lancelot, at least fucking Ruber didn't fuck Arthur's wife!

Attached: 12.jpg (640x360, 27K)

I meant can a spear bypass Pridwen because of 'exact words'.?

dunno, I guess you can also add axes to the list

Lancelot didn't originally exist in Arthur's story. He was an addition of the French along with Galahad, unironically to insult the British.

this cartoon was one of the best things I ever watched

Attached: r567.jpg (1061x599, 665K)

Because time can't be changed.

Excalibur is a sheath
The best and most kino interp of king arthur is the once and future king.

Guinevere...will be MIIIIIIIIIIIIIINE

There's stories that predate him where Guen's a ho anyways. There's an old British story where she wants Arthur to put some knight to death for not fucking her.

Actually it was. Excalibur/Caliburn (different names for the same sword) is from the Lady of the Lake and Clarent is the sword from the anvil on the stone.

Attached: the once and future king.png (1023x865, 231K)

It's fucking Arthurian lore. Everyone not named Galahad is a fuck up.

>Arthur fucks up everything by drowning babies
Eh what's this?
I actually know nothing about King arthur lore but don't they usually potray him as pretty heroic and perfect?

It's in an anvil in some stories.

Except the based Gawain. He was the real MVP of Arthur.
>Defends his King's honor when all the other bitch knights wouldn't.
>Doesn't fuck his immortal Host's wife when she is coming on to him.
>1v1 the Green Knight and lives.
>Goes to France to fuck up the cowardly French and Lancelot
>Dies and tells Arthur to let shit go or it will destroy him

Read Gawain and the Green Knight and enjoy the sheer fuckupery that his knights can get themselves into.

This was a good sick day cartoon for me

>show me the secret handshake
How do I know YOU'RE actually a nerd?

Gawain fucking cheats and doesn't give up the girdle when he had made his deal.

Later writers add a biblical parallel to Herod by having Arthur try and drown all the babies born on May Day to prevent Mordred. One baby doesn't drown and grows up to be Mordred.

Also read more, even the super old shit is full of knights fucking up left and right.

the too long didn't read of the baby thing is that its a self-fulfilling destiny. Arthur gets told his kingdom will get ruined by a baby born in a certain month and so he sends a ship filled with them to be drowned.

The baby he tried to kill was Mordred his bastard son who would live, grow, and try to usurp him.

>Lancelot was actually a self-insert projection OC of the french
wew

>I actually know nothing about King arthur lore but don't they usually potray him as pretty heroic and perfect?
Fuck no. A staple of Arthurian lore is the flawed nature of man. Pretty much every major character gives in to some major sin or another and fucks up badly, generally in a way that violates the code of chivalry. That or they die before they can because someone else did exactly that. It's not to Greek tragedy levels because the moral of the story is supposed to be that we can do better, not that we can't, life sucks, fuck everyone because they all deserve it, but it's close.

The notable exception is Galahad, who was able to find the Holy Grail precisely because of his Gary Stu levels of purity. All that said, earlier and later stories where the rules were more often broken tend to violate this trend.

I mean the sword choosing is more egalitarian than the currant method choosing of a British monarch. Any heir of Sophia Electress of Hanover, who happens to not be a Catholic.

Bedivere was pretty sweet.

Did he even do anything outside of Fate shit?

That's nothing, the chosen knights of the round table are a sham, its pure nepotism. Like 5 of em are Arthur's nephews with the one being his son as well, not to mention Lancelot got his own son to join.

no it isn't

Attached: no.png (500x359, 138K)

He was consistently at Arthur's side without doing any major fuck ups. That's a win in Arthurian lore.

Titoria should just be the default Saber desu

Attached: 67249652_p0.jpg (3507x2480, 471K)

I left of Gawain because in later stories he ends up a dickbag. Also, he's still slightly flawed even in earlier stories.

There are a couple other randoms that end up not playing the villain, but they're rare. IIRC Percival and Bors never fuck anything up too badly.

I mean, that's pretty much how it worked, the sons of the noble always get better training than soldiers and instruction about how to organize their respective armies, thus becoming better warriors, you don't go make simple farmers who have never touched a sword into knights.

>Galahad showed up in some Witcher book where he and Ciri grew feelings for each other
what an absolute based lad.

Percival fucks up getting the Grail the first time.

Some of them were even a wedding gift in some stories. He gets a table, and here's a bunch of knights to sit at it.
I like the Alter better, but not a bad opinion.

That's a funny way to say Saber Lion

Attached: download.jpg (225x225, 6K)

My favorite Excalibur is the Pain song.

youtube.com/watch?v=5QWniGQb2YA

Yeah, but he helps Galahad get it eventually, thus undoing his mistake.

>Survive the final battle in Arthur legend
>Declare yourself King
>Rebuild and avoid Arthur's mistakes.
All one person had to do.

they are brits, they would never undo their mistakes, never.

Titoria is the better version anyways and she has some of the nicest vanilla doujins with the self-insert MC.

>you don't go make simple farmers who have never touched a sword into knights.
That's literally how a bunch of Roman Generals and OG knights got their start.

Ahem.

FUCK FAE FOLK

Its amazing that the Fate version actually nerfs her by limiting her to one weapon per Servant class she's summoned as, if she had all her weapons as NPs she'd be broken beyond belief.

Rhongomyniad is cooler than Excalibur

I thought Caliburn and Excalibur were the same blade with Caliburn being the earlier translation of the name.

Excalibur got the better end of the deal there; just look at poor Rhongowennan, which later got down to Ron. Though I guess that's to be expected when there doesn't seem to be much of way of what made Ron special at all; it couldn't cleave through solid steel like Excalibur, prevent bloodloss like Excalibur's scabbard, or instantly bisect a target like his dagger Carwennan.

Fucking the Fay could have dire consequences.

Attached: Sir_Mordred_by_H._J._Ford.png (384x582, 189K)

will you shut up?

>Merlin got tricked by his thot apprentice who stole all his power and sealed him away so he could never be found.
Amazing.

To be fair, he had it coming.

of course lancelot fucked up.

she's the captain of team fuck up

Attached: sara lance a lot.png (1280x720, 846K)

This

Return the King Across the Water
The Jacobite claim is the truest

Be quiet!

Good hunting

Attached: tumblr_ogc7d1nloh1tt3wuco4_400.gif (268x270, 1.82M)

>swords is no basis for a system of government user
All systems of government are based on swords. It's just the shape of the swords changed over time from rocks and pointy sticks to nukes.

Best Disney movie.

Thing to remember is that the Arthurian myth underwent a lot of renditions and scholars have found evidence to argue both.

Others note that it's a side effect of Arthur likely being a composite of multiple figures both historical and otherwise.

this too, we're talking about a guy who supposedly became emperor of the Holy Roman Empire after defeating an Emperor dubbed Lucius.

That said, something to note is that in the Disney telling: they never named the sword. Only referring to it as 'the sword in the stone'.

Mother fucker also had perfect sinews.

It's in his goddamn title.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bedivere

WITH PRIDE

Flip the rock over.. it's hollowed out and there's a dwarf under there holding it with a pair of tongs

you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just cause some watery tart threw a sword at you!

Shut up!

Every time I hear about Arthur and the KoTR I can't think anything but cute girls anymore. Is there a cure for this?

youtube.com/watch?v=USUucZVnno0
keep watching this until the cute girls go away

Great, now I'm picturing a conversation:
>These are my weapons: Excalibur, Carwennan, and Ron.

>Disney is gonna do a live action adaptation of sword in the stone
>For the sake of SJWs Arthur is made a girl
>as it so happens, no one ends up minding this

Attached: 1373084616683.jpg (800x892, 159K)

Sir Bors and Percival were alright too.

Caliburn is the original Welsh name that the Latinized Excalibur is based off of. The sword in the stone had some other name.

>Californ
Fixed.

Caledfwlch in Welsh (same word as Caladbolg in Irish)

Caliburnus in Latin (hence Caliburn in English)

Excalibur when later writers wanted to make it fancier

The stone is unbreakable. Even Power Rangers did the point.

We need a Lancer Mordred with Rhongomyniad.

Ah, thank you.

I fucking love Arthurian lore

Attached: dc03d36-c18e0234-25df-4134-ad69-aead13748853.png (613x609, 565K)

>Lancelot

French fanfiction

>Haugh haugh haugh! Le Brits think their King Arthur is tres cool! We weell show them!
>We well create our own knight of the Round Table!
>He well beat up Arthur when they first meet and Arthur well think he is so cool he will beg, BEG him to join him!
>Our knight well be so cool that Guinevere will cheat on Arthur and have sex with him because he is the best!
>Also, he is French!

Is Lancelot the first case of an OC Gary Stu/Mary Sue infecting and existing media franchise?

What's the best animated telling of the Arthur myths? I can only watch Excalibur so many times.

I don't think there are ANY animated adaptations of The Once and Future King that are particularly accurate or cover enough of the narrative the way Excalibur does. I like Disney's Sword and the Stone well enough, but it's not a great rendition of the story and people only remember it for the bit where he almost gets fucked by a squirrel.

But outside the Disney movie, there really isn't anything animated except for that episode of Thundercats where Mumm-Ra tricks the Lady of the Lake into giving him Excalibur and he fucks Lion-O's shit up with it.

I'm disappointed Fate Caladbolg is a drill of all things

>I can only watch Excalibur so many times.

>mixing your Fisher King in with my King Arthur

TAKE IT AWAY.

>But outside the Disney movie, there really isn't anything animated except for that episode of Thundercats where Mumm-Ra tricks the Lady of the Lake into giving him Excalibur and he fucks Lion-O's shit up with it.
Wrong

Attached: download.jpg (256x197, 10K)

There's also Quest for Camelot which suddenly became meme fodder here after years of apathy. And the Knights of Justice show, but they're a football team drafted to stand in for the real ones after they're magically frozen or something.

The Sword in the Stone does seem like the only animated adaptation of an existing book adaptation of the legends

I'm honesty more bothered by Prototype Arthur being a beardless bishounen than the regular one being a short teen girl.

Which was in a lake

>Dinnae tell a soul, laddie, or I'll clobber ye over ye wee soft human head wit' a loaf o' dwarven bread!

>king arthur is not a qt 3.14 blond haired blue eyed japanese girl
immersion ruined

>implying King Arthur wasn't actually a five foot tall talking hedgehog

I thought that's the homeworld of a space marine legion?

Saber is not japanese

Reminder

Attached: SWORDanothercomparison.jpg (851x477, 80K)

I'm not even mad. Some guy managed to smuggle in the equivalent of a "I fucked your wife" joke against the entirety of England. That's just impressive

we live in a society

Attached: hqdefault[1].jpg (480x360, 16K)

bravo, disney

>Haugh haugh haugh!

That's not how French people laugh, they go "HONHONHONHONHON". Usually after saying something disparaging about someone's taste in wine/cheese/anything. Smug gits. Shoulda let the Krauts keep them.

Attached: ln2cdj2k7zyy.png (476x266, 186K)

Even Koreans have their own interpretation of Camelot and King Arthur.

Attached: 87DA3F12-C752-4429-B459-97E35673A1F8.jpg (250x375, 45K)

Drills are cool.

Caliburn was broken and then reforged by Merlin or Lady of the Lake as Excaliburn, the super saiyan version of Caliburn.

To be fair, Arthur is the only one who's a cute girl, though Bedivere does look like one too if you squint hard enough.

Mordred too but she gets mad and kicks you in the balls if you bring it up

That's one possible "doylist" explanation, but some renditions of the actual myth treat them as different swords

Attached: 1512586527632.png (735x660, 296K)

I will never, ever get into Fate because of shit like this. I don't give a fuck, that shit is retarded.

I don't get it

Alternate dimensions. That's the explaination. There's an Arthur that's a dude, but he's bishie teen instead of bearded man

I read this kickass King Arthur book as a kid with really cool illustrations as a kid. Bless up to this thread for reminding me of that stuff.

Was anyone else blown the fuck away when they found out what an immense piece of shit Thomas Malory was? You'd think the dude who solidified and helped codify one of the biggest mythological cycles ever created, that had morality and ethics as a central point in many of its tales would not have been a highway robbery man and a possible rapist.

I still have the first book in T. H. White's The Once and Future King cycle that I've started a few times but have never managed to finish. Always liked what I read of it though.

Obviously drawing a sword from a stone when everyone else in town couldn't makes you look a hell of a lot cooler than coming back from the forest and just telling everyone some lady in a lake gave you the damn thing.

God's will be damned, I wanna look like a fucking legend with a crowd standing around.

reminder Caladbolg bitchslap Excalibur any day.

Attached: 264555789.jpg (480x360, 18K)

The first book is really just a prelude to the rest of the series IMO, and tonally completely different from the rest. Some recurring themes are introduced during Merlin's lessons but otherwise you can safely skip it if you really can't bring yourself to finish it

Right image is the “remastered” one.
Left is from the weirdly nice iTunes hd copy if i’m not mistaken.

never got his Adventures looking for Merlin

I like seeing how they try to justify genderswaps with whatever bullshit they can think of, its funny.
Like Arturia stopped aging when she took up Avalon so everyone thought she was just a young pretty boy, or how Da Vinci chose to become the Mona Lisa when summoned.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind some sort of multi part or multi platform story/ Live Action where we get a better/on steroids version of Disney's Sword in the Stone with Male Arthur, and then a modern times sequel with Arthur's reincarnation/successor/whatever being a girl and there's time travel or warping shenanigans where both 'versions' of Arthur are linked and help one another solve all the shit they gotta deal with, leading to a Good End for both of them.

We seriously need more *good* media aside from Camelot 3000 and the opening to King Arthur and the Knights of Justice that deals with Arthur coming back that isn't upstaged by waifu-wankery (I mean, I *like* some of the Fate stuff, but I also recognize it for what it is...)

>only gets off on cuckoldry
>monogamy is his kryptonite

He's French alright.

>no Hero/Superhero who's backstory revolves entirely around the sword in the stone/excalibur kinda like Thor with Mjolnir and it grants supernatural abilities

Except when it's a boat.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faiza_Hussain

>female King Arthur
I cant help shake the thought that gender-swapping King Arthur has been done to death...
Can anyone remind me where I've seen this before????

Attached: 5th century romano british warlord.png (1178x1001, 847K)

That was the joke, in case you somehow missed it.

>celtic pagan magic sword
>wielded by a Muslim

Attached: haram.jpg (600x516, 65K)

>Is there a cure for this?
Watch the movie Excalibur 10 times.

the entire post is dripping sarcasm...

Don't forget Britain's history with muslims in medieval period as well

Well the picture was obviously Artoria done up in Sword in the Stone's artstyle, so yes that was kind of what was implied there.

You're just trying to get him to want to fuck squirrels.

Japan is really good at making you sexually attracted to historically male characters.

Attached: Nero Bust.jpg (1280x720, 164K)

I said EXCALIBUR. The live action movie made by John Boorman

I've always wanted to read that Captain Britain and the MI13 series. How was it?

if you're upset about that but you're cool with that retarded Fate shit, then I don't know what to tell you, m8.

The Black Knight's sword was a cursed one, right?

It was fun enough. There was a Secret Invasion crossover which probably sucked, been a while since I read it. And I think Faiza was part of the first diversity wave.

>tfw no Into the Arthurverse
>featuring Saber
>Monthy Python Arthur
>Once and future King Arthur
>Clive Owen Arthur
>Excalibur Arthur

Attached: Graham-Chapman-King-Arthur-Voice-of-God-Middle-Head-Hiccoughing-Guard-Die-Ritter-der-Kokosnuss.jpg (580x435, 108K)

Came here to post this

Attached: King Arthur Returns.jpg (900x654, 173K)

Why doesn't Mordered look like Lancer Arturia? The whole reason Arturia isn't a Titty monster normally is because Caliburn and Avalon halted her Aging, while Rhongomyniad let her grow up. Clarent doesn't have an affect like that, so (s)he should look like Lancer Arturia rather than Saber Arturia.

Attached: 1463373139703.jpg (960x533, 101K)

best alternate version

>featuring Saber
Which one?

Attached: 1550856538220.jpg (500x8850, 1.19M)

>that image
I'm so fucking confused.
>my son
I'm guessing one of the ones on the right has a penis. Though with Japan it's hard to guess sometimes. Sadly I find myself most attracted to the one most likely to have a penis, (5th over); they all have tits damnit.

Attached: Batman.jpg (227x340, 26K)

Hint: You're right, it's the 2nd to last one from left to right, but neither of them are technically boys.

Arthuria is a decent version of Arthur tho(atleast on Stay night and Ataraxia, Fuck Grand order tho) so don't feel to bad, but try reading the once and future king, it's pretty much the most decent modern version of the legends

Who is Captain Britain?

Here is a handy, though unfortunately outdated, guide to identifying sabers.

Attached: Saber Identified (Outdated).png (3490x700, 2.66M)

>it lacks the ones with the rack
not fair

Come up with your own take on things. I've done it twice, once was in an urban fantasy collab with a friend.

the revived king Arthur is actually a balding manlet who is pretty damn depressed over crappy choices he made in the past. Like introducing Morgan Le Fay as his half sister in a panic to explain their closeness than admit he had no romantic I retest in Guenievere because their marriage was largely a political one, and he was thirteen at the time. Or not background checking the nanny he hired to care for Mordred for things like being the queen of the Unseelie court.

That's King Arthur (female) with Rhongomyniad. Caliburn (The Sword in the Stone) and Avalon (Excalibur's sheath) both had enchantments on them to hald Arturia's aging so she never grew tits (that was the explicit reason) and thus Merlin and Kay could convince everyone she was a boy.
But in an alternate reality, after Caliburn broke she continued to use Rhongomyniad and never took up Excalibur, so she was able to achieve her true destiny of being a Titty Monster King (Female).

Attached: 1527206674476.png (1024x724, 774K)

I don't give a fuck, I was just mocking the fact that a Muslim of all people is exploiting pagan magic artifacts which are explicitly considered to all derive from Satan in Islam.

Attached: 1478873696921.jpg (1511x962, 977K)

Caliburn is Excaliber. It's just some versions of the legend decided to make them two different swords.

Also Guinivere is one of the 'known' inventions that are part of the legend, added by the French.

At this point King Arthur has been retold so many times by so many people so many ways, there is no longer a “correct” version.

They brightened it too much.

Nah. If you remove Galahad, Gwynvere, and Lancelot you have the canon story of King Arthur.

Wasn't Mordred still a girl in that one?

Attached: this says a lot about society.png (632x767, 353K)

Gawain gets to stay though, right?
Has he shown up in Fate yet?

>It's easier if there's one sword
I'm an American, there was more than one sword?

Attached: Woof.jpg (900x675, 71K)

>caring about canon
look at this pleb. Point at him and laugh.

Yes

Attached: 1433400523670.jpg (480x804, 199K)

Does anyone have Caster's version of this?

Attached: 1433295573570.png (480x544, 283K)

Don't be a waifaggot that lets animu blobs ruin Arthurian lore.

Yes The Sword In The Stone and excaibur are two different wepons. Other named swords are the Knighting Sword Clarent, Stolen by Mordred, Galatine, the Sword of Gawain, and Lancelot's Arondight.
Named non-sword wepons include Arthur's dagger Carnwennan that turns it's user invisible, and the spear Rhongomyniad which he used to stab Mordred at Camlan.

Don't be a lorefaggot that insists there is only one right way to tell a story that has been retold more times and more ways than the number of cocks you have in your mouth.

Attached: 1f85d7b445c3c0e0fc5af7b2c5971aa5.jpg (1480x2340, 334K)

Are you implying there's anything of value to this Fate garbage other than waifaggotry?

Yes.
Are you implying there's anything of value to your opinion at all?

Attached: 9c1dd575d06c15425ef5ac4c1107d969.png (1000x1398, 1.76M)

Says the weeb posting their garbage on a comic and cartoon board.

>complaining about weebs
>on Yea Forums
You are why this site is going downhill.

>muh weeb supremacy
Fuck off faggot, we're nearly two decades past the origins of Yea Forums being an anime imageboard. You have your own board to discuss your garbage now.

It's just a way better CHOSEN ONE moment for sure. Everybody else trying to take the thing. The strong, the smart, the wisest and the bravest, the famed and the noble born; then your turn comes up and you effortlessly draw this gleaming legendary sword and hold it high in a shaft of golden light like God Omnipotent has personally taken notice of your arrival and all those who tried before instinctively kneel and know you to be the true king.

Mystical magic lady recognizing you and bestowing your destiny is cool, but not as cool as taking it by your own hand when no one else could but you.

Attached: 361.jpg (350x677, 19K)

Not that guy, but saying "going" seems a little absurd at this point. We're just down a chasm with a dying light at this point. And not the fun abyss we used to play in, quite the opposite.

Attached: 1552122130887.png (473x761, 390K)

Stay mad as anime gets allowed on Yea Forums but western stuff is deleted from Yea Forums

I’m an optimist

It's just a phase. Wen day is dark, always rember happy day.

We had a very frank discussion about this 400 years ago; there is no inherent right to rule. The Monarch rules at behest.

EX Caliburn

EX Caliburn Plus Alpha

Super Saiyan God Super Sayian Caliburn

Calimander->Burnmeleon->Excalizard

The Sword and the Stone was just Bill Peet doing whatever the fuck he wanted.

Wart gets into wacky situations in Merlin's 'lessons', he almost fucks the squirrel, and then he yanks the sword out. No overarching narrative, no great revelations, just Now You're King Ma'am.

Overarching narrative is a bit forced, but the theme of knowledge is power is hammered in there well enough. Pretty clunky story, becoming king feels almost like an afterthought, but fun for the kids and designed to get them more interested in learning.

Isn't it loosely based on "The Once and Future King" by T.H. White?
I remember the first 2 Books in that series where also mostly barely connected vignettes.

Was King Arthur actually a shounen protagonist??

Hmmmm, I'm feeling the same way...

Attached: 1509.png (393x350, 286K)

Sword in the Stone is a load of moral parables as wacky adventures where Wart learns how to be a worthy king, culminating with all the previous cast remembers coming back at the end to give him the motivation he needs to pull the sword out. The emotional core of that ending is when Kaye tries to claim the throne after Arthur gives him the sword, before, after an entire book of being a dick to his little brother, finally does the right thing and confesses that it was Arthur, which the film fails to deliver on. The movie also keeps the Madame Mim battle which was outright cut out of the book after White wrote the other books.

Book 2 is pretty slight and follows two separate threads, it's there to introduce some of the later knights and establish how doomed Arthur's reign was from the very beginning, in spite of his noble intentions it ends with him committing incest with his sister and siring the son who will destroy him. Also has a very un-Disney sequence where children butcher a unicorn and bring it's head to their mother, partly because the youngest one has a huge Oedipus complex.

All the books are pretty heavy on the vignettes, White's skill is in weaving and tying them all together into a unified whole, which is The Once and Future King. It's really obvious when you read the whole thing in one go.

No, that's Jesus

EX caliburn third strike alpha edition

>Needless to say, he also never insults his enemies, confronting them with politeness

Attached: 1467858458156.png (480x544, 182K)

Gawain a shit

Gawain is just doing his duty to keep manwhores and thots in check.

>Also Guinivere is one of the 'known' inventions that are part of the legend, added by the French.

Uh no, "Gwenhwyfar" is one of the oldest elements

>Gawain is just doing his duty to keep manwhores and thots in check.
>Charms him

Attached: 1508974122936.png (490x380, 144K)

That just reinforces my point, since he's been failing at that since Lancelot and Guinevere.

Mordred is a clone of Artoria, and is actually closer to a homonculus. She's closer to a real person than, say, the mass-produced derivatives the Einzberns make or the sexless cannon fodder batteries Yggdramillenia used, but she's still technically not human. She's also a lot younger than she appears, being roughly 5-8 years old despite looking the same age as Artoria, who is far older. Morgan never intended her to be anything more than a weapon to kill her sister with, and had Mordred ever, by some miracle, survived Camlann, it's doubtful she would have physically aged any further, or even if she wouldn't just drop dead having achieved her purpose.

You gotta give Fate props for even referencing the Welsh stuff nothing else does besides niche historical-style novel retellings. Nasu must be a westaboo.

The fact Disney never did some sort of sequel with a teenager/adult Artie is shockingly weird, especially since this movie didn't do that badly.
Or did it?

Considering how shitty things get for Artie in the legend, usually... not much of a surprise.

if not at least Guinevere wasn't from nowhere.

Older versions of Arthurian myth similarly forget Arthur actually had sons with her. About three actually.

Funny enough, in theory this would actually add a bit to Mordred.

>Pissed because he will never inherit the through due to being the youngest of three brothers AND a bastard child.

might have been copyright issues seeing as Sword in the Stone was based off an existing book (of which I don't think copyright laws lapsed and was a European property).

Not to mention, given the tale of King Arthur- yeah this.

Guy Ritchie would like to have a word with you

Excalibur confirmed to be a zampakuto

tvtropes wiki actually has a full list.

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Myth/KingArthur

Is this a spoiler or is it talking about the confusion between the two swords?

Shit the thing to remember is that everything we know about Arthur and Avalon is based on fanboy fan-fiction who rewrote entire story lines and character origins anytime they didn't approve of them. So for hundreds of years pseudo-roman nerds who fancied themselves good christian writers, bastardized and besmirched every conceivable aspect of the Arthurian legend.

So now we sit around arguing about what is and isn't canon about 1000 year old ahistorical fanfics as if they are the word of god.

What I'm saying is that anytime someone says "WELL ACTUALLY THE SWORD WAS CALLED CALIBURN"
...they're just talking out of their ass because there is no canon and it's all multiple choice. Imagine if in another 1000 years ultra-hivemind turbo nerds argued about which literotica stories about Sonic the Hedgehog were part of the canon. Seriously.

Attached: fXZsVen.jpg (2048x865, 145K)

I'm just here for Saber

Attached: Getting over arturia.jpg (800x565, 78K)

not a spoiler