Captain marvel has a bigger box office drop than BVS and TLJ

>Captain marvel has a bigger box office drop than BVS and TLJ
Why are journalists not calling Captain marvel a flop like BVS and solo?

Attached: 00FF63B1-FA8B-4631-AF39-8C3A3904D1FF.png (1064x1513, 1020K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3flv5nWZgII
youtube.com/watch?v=rsmqc4RhSQY
upi.com/Entertainment_News/Movies/2019/02/13/Rosa-Salazars-Alita-is-a-powerful-warrior-for-powerless-times/6611549656616/
weatherinternal.com/alita-battle-angel-star-rosa-salazar-on-latinx-representation-aint-no-wall-going-to-keep-us-out/
youtu.be/WMM2KCTRX2k
youtube.com/watch?v=jLk2LBGkMd4)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because it out performed them.

BvS profit was small but was not a flop

Solo was a big flop tho

>Solo was a big flop tho
Incels are this stupid.

>Because it out performed them.
Than why is Aquaman still being called a flop by Yea Forums and movie journalists.

Attached: B470D51E-D298-4632-AE6D-55FC3A8FADED.png (1099x703, 834K)

Didn’t BvS get released on a holiday weekend?

Because the headlines celebrating the strong opening left an important first impression on people.

Today was better than yesterday so I guess it will make like 70 millions in the second week, maybe more so not such a flop.

I still think it will not reach the billion, tho.

Because it didn't make as much money as CM opening weekend. Unless I'm wrong. What are the numbers and who is calling it a flop?

>Because it didn't make as much money as CM opening weekend. Unless I'm wrong.
This. overseas numbers never matter. If you say otherwise you are a dc shill and should fuck yourself.

>giving a shit about the opinions of Yea Forums posters

Rose back up (like Carol) Tuesday.
Funny that the movie starring the actress "no one likes" playing a character no one has heard of, is being compared to the Greatest Gladiator Match of All-Time.
Will definitely surpass a billion.

Overseas numbers are a good chunk of why CM's opening was so strong.

Grow the fuck up dc shill

>Didn't make as much money on a Monday than as on a weekend.
Oh you poor thing. I hope you get the help you need.

Attached: Incel's gotta incel.gif (410x309, 133K)

Those two films cost roughly twice as much as Captain Marvel. Plus Solo took almost three weeks to get where Captain Marvel is already; Marvel earned more on its first Tuesday than either film and roughly doubled Solo's box office.

I'm just using the same metric you are. I don't care for DC movies.

Attached: DOmestic Opening.jpg (732x587, 91K)

It had a boost today
Yea Forums cross-posters usually are

Attached: flop.jpg (804x1997, 528K)

Hey incel, stop projecting when you were called out

Why is that a cause for aggression? According to
It's true.

Whatever, Matt

youtube.com/watch?v=3flv5nWZgII

>When incels are damage control by pretending they always supported captain marvel

Someone stating that they themselves don't like DC movies is not projection.

This. What the fuck? Who goes to the movies on a fucking Monday.

I know why Captain marvel special effects look like shit

You seem confused. I'm just pointing out that overseas ticket sales make up 65.8% of the movies grosses.

People on a holiday from work/school, and really old people.

Except that Aquaman isn't a flop. No one si saying its a flop. It's not even a critical flop.

Hell, Aquaman could be argued to be the best movie in the DCEU, other then Wonder Woman. And it deserves that title

>MCU single-hero movie has one big box office burst then fizzles out fast
To the surprise of no one, really.

I wonder what kind of gag orders Disney has sent to the "critics".

Reminder that it's an open secret that professional critics in a media that relies on limited access (such as movies) cannot review movies honestly without risking denial of future access.

>Except that Aquaman isn't a flop.
Waaaaaaah stop calling Aquaman a flop waaaaaaah

> a fuck ton of people watch movie over weekend
>somehow people with jobs don't go to the movie on the weekday
Next you're gonna tell me there is a drop off of people eating lunch after 2pm. Doesn't make sense

>Will definitely surpass a billion.

Literally no way that could ever happen even if the fake opening weekend was real.

Grow up incel

Of course it's the best dceu movie. It followed the Marvel formula

Stop pretending giving money to Disney is a noble cause.

>Production Budget: $275 million
>Worldwide: $392,924,807
>not a flop

It would need to grow Black Panther legs to do that.

For some reason the denial and desperation is even stronger with this one than BP and IW.

>seething
Your salty tears sustain me. First black panther, than Black Spiderman, and now female lead. You're losing your touch

>It's not even a critical flop

actual critics hate it tho.

>Making more money than its budget
>Flop
No wonder why you are a dc fan

Those numbers never include marketing budgets, which are often half the cost of the film or more.

Waaaaaah start hating women like me too! Waaaaah!

What will be your tune when it does? Fake box office from Russian money laundering?
The only two movies on this list that didn't break a billion were BvS and SM3.
Spider-Man 3 had less than 20 million chinabux, and BvS absolutely cratered in it's 2nd weekend.
Neither of these things will be true for Captain Marvel.
The only real drama is whether it will beat Aquaman for worldwide box office with it's pile of Chinabux.

Attached: Captain Marvelous.png (1673x814, 454K)

Source? Not that guy, but you'd think marketing would be part of the numbers.

hey Yea Forums, the shazam guy said not to bully Captain Marvel, are you fuckers going to reviewbomb his movie, too?

It's how the industry works, and always have. How fucking new are you?

>The only real drama is whether it will beat Aquaman for worldwide box office with it's pile of Chinabux.

Why is going for the Chinese market such a high aspiration? They slurp and swallow shit, schlocky movies even more than Western audiences.

Solo's budget was 300 million and its ticket sales were 392 million.
Marketing for a movie would be well over 100 million.
It was a SW movie that didn't make a profit: what is your argument?

This. People calling Aquaman a hit a manchildren incels that deserve to be punched like the bigots they are.

>".....and that's a good thing!"

But it isn't.

What a debatable term "critic". Is Jeremy Jahns less of a critic simply because he's a normie making youtube videos? Is Angry Joe any less of a critic simply because he's a spic who stopped giving a shit about video game reviews?

Aquaman still has a 65% RT rating.That's just 2% away from Thor: the Dark World. I like to imagine that there is a bias against DCEU films from published """""journalists"""""" but the movie is not rotten. There's some good to it, and it performed.

>I swear solo a flop because my incel e-celebs told me so.
Grow up

>Funny that the movie starring the actress "no one likes" playing a character no one has heard of,

Those two claims are true, though. Of all the things you could have said you pointed out the things that remain true.
Brie is an unpleasant and little known woman and the Captain Marvel character is unpopular with very little normie recognition.

Accounting dude here. Production and Marketing budgets are separated. The Box Office Mojo numbers always specify Production Budget, and the wikipedia numbers roll off that

As an aside, marketing for movies varies wildly. Some movies (Spider-verse) set up deals to make marketing extremely cheap. Others go on massive spending sprees. It's hard to find precise numbers because the companies often won't say how much

Your little list is irrelevant because we already know that 90% of the sales from the first 3 days are fake and staged. All over the country we have photos of empty "fully booked" theaters and reports from cinema workers of how somebody just bought hundreds of tickets online, then never showed up to actually watch the film.

CM has absolutely no actual demand and likely won't make even one cent of real profit. It's literally just Disney doing damage control to make sure they don't lose face. We will see it in the coming days when it continues to sell like the turd it is, then vanish quietly, and you'll still pretend it was a success because of that fake "450 million opening!!!".

Attached: 1268496627543.jpg (554x439, 106K)

>Your little list is irrelevant because we already know that 90% of the sales from the first 3 days are fake and staged.
Be incel somewhere else

Aquaman's huge China support is the only reason its a billion dollar success. It is #28 among domestic Capekinos.

BvS dropped 70% in it's second weekend, against absolutely nothing at all. It was still #1 that weekend because literally nothing of note came out in theaters.

Captain Marvel will probably drop 55%-60%, like Homecoming and Ragnarok. It is well on pace for a billon+ run, with nothing in it's way til next month.

Stop defending everything that has a vagina attached to it, incel.

Actually, it followed a 90s super action movie formula. Like Venom. Which was also coincidentally, not a flop. And is the primary reason why Sony will be holding on to its Marvel characters.

>"grow up"
>uses "incel" as an insult
I wish you were bright enough to be ashamed of yourself.

Be a shill somewhere else.

>because we already know that 90% of the sales from the first 3 days are fake and staged. All over the country we have photos of empty "fully booked" theaters

Attached: intredasting.jpg (685x567, 53K)

It's bait, m8.

Scientology used to do that with L. Ron Hubbard's books.
They ordered piles of them to get them into bestseller lists and then just gave them to goodwill or otherwise disposed of them.

>incel

Attached: backtoreddit.jpg (229x220, 10K)

You do realize that all the DCEU movies "made more money than their budgets".

It's not even the marketing budget. Just stick to the stated budget. Ticket grosses do not 100% go to Disney - theaters hold on to a percentage of that depending on the contract and the week. So Disney most likely only gets way less than 300 million of that. It gets worse with the international release - Disney probably only gets less than 50% of international gross, especially where non-Disney/BV distributors are concerned.

and you need to learn more about the industry you're commenting about

No one is buying this crappy "emtpy theaters" narrative. If you are trying to sell it, don't bother.
If you actually buy into it, you might want to get diagnosed as retarded for benefits.

Because BvS was suppossed to be a heavy hitter for WB while Captain Marvel is just another movie thrown there while Endgame comes.

Solo was considered a flop because apparently extensive reshoots made it way too expensive.

be a tranny shill somewhere else

You realize that the movie theaters get to keep some of that money, right?
Movies typically have to make roughly 2x their budget to break even.

Here, I'll run some numbers for you, and we'll be VERY generous towards Solo with the estimates:

-Low end of the budget: $275m (we'll even assume that includes marketing)
-Worldwide gross: $400m (rounded up from $393m)
-Studio take: 65% (it's actually about 50-60% in the US and as low as 30% in foreign markets)

Therefore: The studio brought home AT MOST $260 million.
Subtract the budget...

Solo lost a bare minimum of $15 million. The actual number is probably closer to 100 though.

Attached: cm1.jpg (689x668, 50K)

I am not trying to sell it. I haven't seen evidence to support it. (I haven't looked for evidence to support it.)
My claims:
*It would be very easy for them to do it.
*There's no reason for a marketing firm not to do it.
*They would benefit financially from doing it.
*Other people have historically done similar tricks to benefit their own media products.

I'm a massive Marvel fanboy and even I have to accept that Solo was a gargantuan failure.
Captain Marvel IS going to easily break a billion, which I can honestly say I thought highly unlikely. It would need a BvS-tier collapse to fail at it.

more

Attached: cm2.jpg (693x584, 39K)

waaaay more of these than i expected to see. Someone please make a collage.

Attached: cm3.jpg (691x398, 45K)

Because of the D*sney Dollar. The mouse already owns all those journalists. Mickey says Carol is a hit and a Victory For Women, so that's the narrative.

Attached: Emoji_Icon_-_Thinking_large.png (460x480, 191K)

>It would be very easy for them to do it
That is true.
>There's no reason for a marketing firm not to do it
Except for the waste of money.
>They would benefit financially from doing it
They only get ~50-60% of the theater revenue. It would literally be burning money.
>Other people have historically done similar tricks to benefit their own media products
Your example was a religion, which is much different than a for-profit business.

My favorite was the one posted 2 and a half hours before the movie opened.
Who in the hell shows up an hour before a movie starts? I don't believe everything I read on the internet, I saw it twice last weekend and it was 3/4 full both times. I think Episode 7 was the last time I saw it full.

faggot

> /pol/co/ swears on it's virginity that the movie won't even break 120m
>breaks 455m
>/pol/co/ proceeds to move goalpost for this movies failure

way ore

Attached: cm18.jpg (685x622, 78K)

Deadline claims a combined 300m Production and Marketing budget. I'm inclined to agree based on estimates of a ~175m budget, leaving ~125m for marketing
Given the Theatre Cut (which we'll estimate at 50% domestic and 70% international), CM has earned just short of 200m for Disney

So as of now, CM has made back about 2/3 of it's total costs. It has not yet broken even. Unless it suddenly plummets hard, it's easily on track to being clear in the black.

BVS was not a flop. It was a disappointment, but it was not a flop. Solo was a flop, but not a disappointment.

>stays
That means the movie hadn't started yet.
>lights still up
>pre-preview video is playing
yeah, that movie is nowhere near beginning.
>tweets with no pics
solid fucking evidence

Do you realize how easy it is to lie on the internet?

Venom stole elements from a manga called Parasite btw

a lot of these though don't even have sold-out seats. so literally nobody bought tickets for those showings. Which is weird because everyone buys online now days/hours in advance.

>Marketing for a movie would be well over 100 million.
Citation please

>BVS was not a flop. It was a disappointment, but it was not a flop
That is true, but the size of its disappointment led to Justice League, which WAS a flop.

> Solo was a flop, but not a disappointment
How was it not both? Sure, they weren't expecting it to do Rogue One numbers, but surely they at least wanted it to break even.

>Except for the waste of money.
They already give many millions of dollars to marketing firms. Is that burning money?

>They only get ~50-60% of the theater revenue. It would literally be burning money.

The goal wouldn't be to profit from pissing into your own mouth. It would be to make the movie look like a popular hit so that actual people go see it who otherwise wouldn't have bothered.

>Your example was a religion, which is much different than a for-profit business.

Another thing kind of similar would be journalists that were getting paid by the click so they paid for clicks.
Youtubers paying for subs and views.

Because """"feminist"""" are hypocrite cunts.

>not sold-out
>literally nobody
You understand there exist numbers in between 0% and 100% right?

>Do you realize how easy it is to lie on the internet?

Are you a shill? Answer only with yes or no. ;)

Which is the successful marvel formula. It's why Disney makes such good movies and why until recently DC was flopping and hemorrhaging money

Possibly.

>That is true, but the size of its disappointment led to Justice League, which WAS a flop
I haven't actually looked at JL numbers, I'll do that in a minute.

>but surely they at least wanted it to break even
Solo was slammed repeatedly by delays, director changes etc. It was never going to do well. They finished it and put it out just to make back some of the wasted money. Better than nothing, and maybe there would be a little merchandise boost.

None of you actually believe those pics from 'empty theaters' right?

It's amazing how you can buy into elaborate conspiracies involving hundreds if not thousands of people staying quiet;
But you slurp up a narrative so easy to fake a 12-yr old could pull it off. And we both know a lot of Internet Heroes had a strong agenda against this film succeeding.

Again, you convince no one but yourself (maybe).

Attached: Not sure.jpg (604x453, 45K)

>The goal wouldn't be to profit from pissing into your own mouth. It would be to make the movie look like a popular hit so that actual people go see it who otherwise wouldn't have bothered.

This.

It's essentially more "advertising spending".

And doing it on opening weekend is the most cost-efficient because that's how these theater contracts go. Some box office splits during opening weekend can go as high as 90/10 or 80/20 which means Disney isn't spending that much compared to renting a billboard or buying channel ad time.

Just saw it, I thought it was pretty alright but took itself took seriously a lot of time and the actress who played Carol wasn't terribly good. But I really liked Fury and his cat in it, my main question is why didn't they just make Carol and Maria lesbians since they were so obviously fucking.

Either way I think there was nothing to get mad at other than the awful beginning of the movie and her weird mohawk thing at the end. The best MCU movie is still guardians of the galaxy.

Anyone gonna talk about how the number went up on Tuesday?
Nah? We're just gonna say the movie's doomed and the tickets are all fake?

Okay then.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-03-14 at 12.49.52 AM.png (1712x872, 192K)

>You do realize that all the DCEU movies "made more money than their budgets
Ha ha ha ha ha incels are funny

Exactly. Just like the stories of white males getting the shit beat out of them outside of the theatres playing black panther. It's already believable that white guys can't fight and now minorities were capitalizing on that so you needed to stay away from the theatres

Gotcha!

;)

This.

The quips, typical explosions and the like is the reason why Marvel did so well. Even if Captain Marvel is a SJW vehicle, its still literally using 90s techniques.

In contrast, the DCEU, namely BvS and Man of Steel, tried too hard to copy Watchmen. Suicide Squad was all over the place. And Justice League was way too rushed - because WB execs wanted their paycheck

If you think that movie budget specifics are common knowledge, you're out of touch. I've been on Yea Forums since it started, just didn't give many fucks about these details.

Good to know.

>I haven't actually looked at JL numbers, I'll do that in a minute.
By the actual box office, it may have broken even ... but add in the marketing which had to be MASSIVE there's no way.

> make back some of the wasted money
That's true, at some point the whole production becomes a sunk cost. And maybe this is right, because they really didn't seem to spend any effort on marketing.

Speaking of... shit, we're about to get BLASTED with Episode IX marketing once Infinity War comes out. I'm hype for it because I'm a star wars fag, but fuck this is gonna be a long year of advertising and bitching.

It's also the successful Schwarzenegger formula. Or the Mission Impossible formula. Or the Fast and Furious formula. Or the Transformers formula.

So you're being incredibly narrow-minded, tunnel-visioned, or just plain shilly when you call it "the marvel formula".

Tuesday had tickets for $5

It's also the DCEU formula, moving forward.
The one that is actually saving it (possibly).

If we are looking at general numbers, if Captain Marvel's opening weekend makes up 40% of its domestic gross, it should make a little under 400 million. If Captain Marvel continues the 40/60 spread ratio between domestic & international, then it should come in around 900 million. Good, great by some standards, but not breaking any glass ceilings.

So stop being so fucking delusional. If you cannot handle a female superhero flick in a decade of constant superhero movies doing moderately well at the box office, you really should just castrate yourselves as obviously your manhood is too damn fragile to handle reality. Might as well make a pussy out of you all.

>Suicide Squad was all over the place
To complete your comparisons, it tried too hard to copy Guardians of the Galaxy, but then they got nervous during editing and tried to rein it in.

I don't know how you could make a post that seems entirely reasonable in the first half and entirely full-retard in the second half.

>thousands of people
How many people do you need to buy theater seats over the internet? All you need is a few dudes with credit cards.

It's amazing how you could just (listen and) believe the world you see at face-value.

Then again, you like MCU movies a lot, seemingly way more than the typical person. So you're just the kind of person that makes a world like this possible because you're willing to accept any narrative that big corporations, governments, or even groups tell you.

Yeah okay I did just check out JL
Estimated 300m production budget, weighted international box office... there is no way that wasn't a flop. Even without a marketing budget, that's a flop.

>this is gonna be a long year of advertising and bitching
Yea Forums is going to be unbearable for a month when it comes out, especially since Star Wars is only loosely Yea Forums

The budget is 152M, literally nobody believed the bullshit you just posted.

Being a a incel should be a hate crime

obviously roasties

you sure aren't

That's savage, user.

Attached: 1516757077234.jpg (303x329, 12K)

This kind of feels like a repeat of when people were raging about black panther and how it wouldn't do well, even though it's the forth highest grossing superhero film of all time...granted black panther is the better movie than captain marvel and had literally the entire black population watching it even if they didn't like superhero movies.

Attached: Capture.png (252x113, 3K)

shitty bait is shitty

>It's amazing how you could just (listen and) believe the world you see
Yeah, it's amazing how I can believe what I see and not what a shitposter with a Disney hateboner sells me on Yea Forums.
What am I thinking?

Attached: 1396469266963.jpg (369x365, 55K)

It's the action movie blockbuster formula

...your point?
That means EVEN MORE people went and saw it.
I know that tuesdays are a big movie day, but it still had a huge bump.

First tuesdays:
Infinity War: -5%
Wonder Woman: +22%
Black Panther: -48%
TLJ: -6%
BVS: -19%

Captain Marvel had +33%

Justice League had +40.5% and Aquaman had +108%, but those were both holiday weeks

>Being a a incel should be a hate crime
>a a
I agree all us incels should be arrested for existing.

>a little under 400 million
>40/60 split
>900 total
solid math

What you see on TV are lies. This is a fact.

>If you cannot handle a female superhero flick in a decade of constant superhero movies doing moderately well at the box office, you really should just castrate yourselves as obviously your manhood is
This is bait, right? Or is Yea Forumsmblr this delusional? Can you really not remember what this board was like at the time of Wonder Woman's release? Here's a hint: virtually no one had a problem with it

>If you cannot handle a female superhero flick in a decade of constant superhero movies doing moderately well at the box office

It's statements like these that out you as an MCU shill or fanboy. Because people are/were fine with Wonder Woman, and Ant-Man & Wasp.

ikr. Some MCU fans just seem bi-polar...

>Anyone who doesn’t hate women like me is bait
Sure whatever incel.

>virtually no one had a problem with it

Hell, the only "problem" we really had were that Gal's too scrawny. And while she wasn't perfect (fucking weird accent), she sold that performance that people accepted her as WW fine.

>It's amazing how you could just (listen and) believe the world you see at face-value.
Says the guy believing twitter posts at face-value

Is this a show about goth girls doing goth girl things or is this just another case of """"that one good episode"""" kind of deal?

I need more goths in my life.

>u didn't give up the first time so im gonna repaet myself!!!!1
Strawmanners gotta strawman, I guess.

I liked it, but my major problem was the awful 3rd act and that fucking MUSTACHE.

But yeah, Gal was surprisingly good in it, and Chris Pine was great.

>Disney hateboner
I actually love WDAS works. So there goes your argument.

It seems like you're actually the one believing in falsehoods.

Nah, no goth girls here just lesbians.

Here's how I remember it. admittedly you could consider me an unreliable narrator: the main problem user had was Gal was perceived to be too skinny to play WW.
Then we had a solid month of
>INCELS BTFO GAL GADOT IS AMAZING
posts. As if she wasn't still too skinny or anyone said much in the way of predicting it to be a bad movie or unprofitable.

When will mods give "incels" the onions treatment?

Yea Forums's hateboner is Star Wars-based against Disney, it actually has little to do with the MCU.
Tho Brie ignited the powderkeg of futile rage with her comments.

>just lesbians
Can I watch?

That wordfilter was created because mods had their feelings hurt by the soi meme.
"Incel" need not be filtered because it's part of their leftist agenda.

Maybe.

Attached: angery.png (540x241, 152K)

They never will because they are incels themselves.

>mods have a leftist agenda
>don't delete the onslaught of anti-CM threads

>my main question is why didn't they just make Carol and Maria lesbians since they were so obviously fucking.
Modern Marvel movies only deviate from white dudes if they got something to parade. CM was already their first woman lead, so they couldn't blow the gay card.
They'll do that later.

Agreed. The source material for dceu is just as good as marvel in its own way but it was handled very poorly. Captain Marvel didn't change cinema but oddly enough it gave the people what they wanted anyway

That statistic is change rate from monday.

So essentially (T-M)/M or the percentage of Monday's gross that Tuesday's gross grossed more than Monday.

The smaller Monday's gross is, the larger proportionally that change rate usually gets for the same raw amount of value.

I'm surprised by the BP one though. Or the TLJ. I guess not enough people had heard how stupid it went.

You don't know how deep the rabbit hole goes, m8. A big part of CM's marketing strategy was to false flag anti-CM so that they could persuade shitlib girls to believe seeing CM was feminist activism.
In reality all it is is another Marvel movie.

Okay let's figure this out once and for all.

The last number of the first 9 people to reply to this will be Captain Marvel's final box office (I'm ruling out a billion)

There are photos. Which is more than I could say about you believing posts on Yea Forums.

That's true. I could see them pulling it with Stucky too just for bonus points, personally I'd have no problem with it since both of the relationships are well developed and pretty set in stone at this point.

You fags were posting 80+ threads about it. Read the archive

Incels should be rounded up and placed into mandatory snusnu chambers so they won't be cels anymore

WHO COULD HAVE SEEN IT COMING?

>That statistic is change rate from monday.
Right, I understand that. But it still went up.

You could make the same argument about Monday's drop - that it was only such a big drop because it had a huge Sunday.

My point is just that a one day drop does not immediately signal failure... but I guess it does get a 150+ reply thread (with only 36 posters).

actually, it's strawtranny from the looks of it

Only other place I knew her from was F&F5/6(?) and well...she died there.

Can't wait for Trevor to show up, however comic-booky the explanation they give us is.

Incel is the new cuck. Parrot it as much as you like, but you're using it wrong.

Why is the alt-right so desperate for this movie to fail?

Not incels scum like you

Captain Marvel, like Iron Man and Venom and Aquaman, is a vastly improved treatment of the original material.
Both of them are rubbish comics with very little in the way of good storytelling or compelling villainy, and yet the movies did well with both of them. Captain Marvel admittedly had to do a lot more in the way of renovation, and Larson isn't RDjr (nor is anyone else in comic movies) but there you have it.

Attached: 30743895.jpg (400x400, 101K)

They're like Elliot Rodger though, they don't just want sex they want to own a person. Giving them sex robots would be better.

>there are photos
Show me one (1) that isn't taken well before the movie starts.

It gives the shills a platform. Which is why every post I make on these is saged, whether that still works or now.

They're still mad about black panther, duh.

rolling

Self-validation, culture war, etc.

Most of those. Do you have evidence that they were taken *well* before the movies start? Because some of those include photos of the reservations screen - the one where people reserve days ahead. And I was surprised to see those empty.

You're the one grasping at straws here. In the face of photographic evidence, you try to find the interpretation that lets you keep your preconceived biases.

Which is normal. You're only human, after all.

I'd say it's more like the new "conspiracy theorist." It's a way to unperson and discredit men saying things against a leftist narrative.

Speaking of tinfoil I am going to go one further. Brie's toes were part of CM's marketing. How? Well, firstly, a big problem with female leads is they can't be TOO pretty or women can't identify with them. That's why, for instance, Twilight has a very plain female lead by movie standards.
So Brie's awful feet make her seem more human and relatable to the girls they want to pay to see this movie.
What is the other motive? It's for men to call her feet ugly and gross to aid a "feminist backlash" to create ticket sales.
Ghostbusters did this with people calling the black woman in that movie ugly.

>You don't know how deep the rabbit hole goes, m8. A big part of CM's marketing strategy was to false flag anti-CM so that they could persuade shitlib girls to believe seeing CM was feminist activism.
You need to loosen it user.

Attached: tin-foil-hat.jpg (600x450, 77K)

>first is 4
guess we're going for domestic total here

I haven't watched a MCU movie since GotG 2, have I actually missed anything good?

why is the SJW-left so desperate for this movie to succeed? All it does is make money for one of the biggest megacorporations on the planet.

When will actors learn that they aren't writers & are hired only for their body?

Think about it, my dude. This movie coming out is entirely different to when Wonder Woman came out.
Why should that be? They're both just capeshit movies with a female lead.

SJW's and the far left want it to succeed because it shows a female led action movie being successful.
Now why do you alt-righters want it to fail?

Cry more stupid incel

>Do you have evidence that they were taken *well* before the movies start?
One of them has the videos that play before the previews playing and the lights are still up.
One of them says "hope my theater STAYS empty" implying it's not about to start

> In the face of photographic evidence, you try to find the interpretation that lets you keep your preconceived biases
Okay, so if I post a picture of my full theater from Captain Marvel, what would that prove?

Yea Forums didn't have a flood of incel meme posters.

AND proves the alt right is on the wrong side of history. It's a gauge on society and what it approves of

It's literally just "virgin" repackaged. It means the same thing, except the retarded tumblr types now have to cater to "asexual" people who are voluntarily virgins, therefore they can only declare involuntary virginity a bad thing.

The word itself is more versatile as well since it also refers to people who aren't virgins but are going through a long, unwanted dry spell.

What?

Yes, I know. You only like outspoken imbeciles on the internet when they are spouting garbage that's part of your personal narrative.

Alex Jones needs his right to call the parents of murdered children frauds protected, but Brie should silence the fuck up about the uniform male whiteness of everyone judging her film.

Attached: 1390444533936.gif (150x143, 39K)

No complaints there save for the "not muh" crowd. I can't say there are too many hero's that have a perfect 1:1 when moving from paper to the big screen. It's always the idea of the character that sells and not the character itself

I don't have a dog in this fight, I watched the movie and was entertained by it and left it at that. I just can't go on any website where the movie is the subject where you animals don't jump down someone's throat with some crackpot theory as to how Brie Larson's foot fungus is responsible for the cordyceps infestation that is currently infesting people and forcing them to watch her movie.

go back to scum

Memes don't live forever, they die in time very naturally. Wordfiltering soi was a deliberate attempt to shorten the life of the meme which suggests it hurt mod feelings.

Which one is more likely:
>stories of empty theaters were either isolated or fabricated
or
>the 3rd-party reported box office numbers are lying

>Wordfiltering soi was a deliberate attempt to shorten the life of the meme
and it actually worked

Cry off back to storefront incel

What's your point, bruv? You're happy they did it? If so I would have to attribute that to it cutting too close to home with you too.

I love how the alt-righters will refuse to defend their position because they know they're in the wrong so they just deflect point somewhere else with their mental gymnastics

Friendly reminder Wonder Woman flop. It couldn’t even make a billion like black panther.

Attached: 5E2F554F-9E5D-48BD-89F2-3027011972C4.jpg (780x520, 150K)

I'm not gonna lie. The basedboy meme was actually pretty funny til the alt-righters decided to start using it unironically

well it was an obnoxious meme, like how the people who used it were obnoxious. why are you so defensive of it? you can't stand losing another way to express how obnoxious you are?

Only the incels and the alt-right think Wonder Woman somehow didn’t flop

Yea Forums is love, you faggot

If you aren’t bringing anything to the conversation other than shitty buzzwords, please just shut up!

I like how the measure of success for a movie is if it makes a billion fucking dollars

What do you mean unironically? Gen Y and Z men are a terribly unhealthy and weak lot.

Yeah, I am. It's why I also want them to do it with incel (I posted this )

It's a shitty low-effort meme. Getting rid of it would be good.

Don't lie you idiot, the MCU with the worst box office was The Incredible Hulk with 263M, literally nobody believed that Captain Marvel would earn less money than fucking Hulk.

Basedboy meme was funny because it backfired on Sony fanboys hard. Yea Forums Mods use to be Neofag users. Mods only started to ban basedboy because it backfired on PlayStation.

>Which is weird because everyone buys online now days
Judging by the speed at which the line moves at my theater, this hasn't caught on in Ohio.

Yeah. I'm sure you're the paragon of health

My claim is it won't happen because they're not coming from the same camp. Or not adopted by the same camp.
Soi was adopted as a right-wing thing to call left-wing men.
Incel was adopted as a left-wing thing to call right-wing men.
The former being filtered suggests the latter will not be.

Cry more. It won’t make dc shit movies profitable or popular.

Aquaman made money but I never heard anyone talking about it and I never saw it.

Captain Flopvel

That's an ad hom. I *am* an unhealthy and weak man and I don't believe I am simply projecting since I can look around any urban area and see men that are even worse than I am.
Soi is accurate, it was always accurate, that's why it was claimed to be "overused" it is just endlessly applicable.

Captain America the first Avenger 370 millions
Captain America winter soldier 714 millions
Iron man 2 623 millions
Spider man homecoming 880 millions

>Aquaman made money
>that totally doesn’t make Aquaman a flop

That I agree with. But my point is that I wasn't happy because soi hit "too close to home" or whatever. I was happy because I was annoyed with seeing it, just like I am with incel.

Female representation is seen as risky because it's a male dominated hobby with male characters doing what males have historically done better. And then there's all the empowerment and blah blah blah. Megacorporations that aim to be inclusive get a pass as far as pop culture goes. The left isn't some OWS hivemind, obviously.

WW didn't flop though. That is just you marveldrones wanting it to. How the fuck is defending WW an act of alt-right?

Thor: Ragnarok 853 millions
Doctor Strange 677 millions
Thor 450 millions
Ant-Man 519 millions
Guardians of the galaxy 2 863 millions

Explain to me - WITH NUMBERS - how Aquaman was a flop.

>Incel was adopted as a left-wing thing to call right-wing men.

No, it's a thing that women and queers call men as an insult.
Virgin wasn't working anymore and incel, a thing started by a woman for women, was used by women as an insult for men.

Problem is, one day men are going to start saying "so what". Then what?
What happens when men say they don't care about being virgins and wear being an incel as a badge of honor.
What will they do then?

I doubt you get out enough to actually have an accurate measure on how healthy these "basedboys" are

What do you mean?

If I could push a button that kills everyone in this thread that perpetuates fake outrage to defend the mouse overlord. I would, no regrets. You nigger make this board insufferable.

Your a dc shill and a incel. You are not fooling anyone alt righty baby

Guardians of the Galaxy 773 millions
Ant man and the wasp 622 millions
Thor:The Dark World 644 millions

>You ARE a dc shill and AN incel.
You are not fooling anyone Pajeet.

Captain America the first Avenger 370 millions
Captain America winter soldier 714 millions
Iron man 2 623 millions
Spider man homecoming 880 millions
Guardians of the Galaxy 773 millions
Ant man and the wasp 622 millions
Thor:The Dark World 644 millions
Thor: Ragnarok 853 millions
Doctor Strange 677 millions
Thor 450 millions
Ant-Man 519 millions
Guardians of the galaxy 2 863 millions

Incel please, stop trying to earn good boy points with Mickey.

>it's accurate because it applies to me and i project on to everyone
hm hmm

You're implying that the men of today are just as strong and healthy as previous generations. I don't know how you would justify that in the face of objective stats about obesity increasing, sperm counts decreasing, grip strength decreasing, physical labor in sharp decline.

Five Stages of REEEEEEEEEEE
>1. ______ will flop; nobody wants ______.
>2. ______ is totally underperforming no matter what anybody says.
>3. ______ is totally a fluke and really not doing that well because of Hollywood accounting.
>4. Nobody ever said ______ would flop!
>5. (Next) ______ will flop; nobody wants (next) ______.

Damn! You just savaged that incel!

>DC fanboys are damage controlling this hard

If it wasn't accurate to you there would be no reason for you to personally feel slighted by it.
It is accurate to me and I don't feel slighted by it, so you're definitely doing something wrong by being rustled.

The first Avenger was a flop since the budget was 140. 370-50% =185-140=45 millions
was marketing included?

MODs, do your jobs. You fucking incels.

the numbers are the numbers

You tell them my fellow incel!

Get rektd!!

>Captain marvel broke records
>Incel dc supporters are crying

>incel muhvel supporters are crying
>cannot stop sucking mouse dick

You're making it seem more epic than it is. All an incel is is a frustrated asshole. It's not meaningful commentary on how little sex anyone is getting because that's impossible to tell. Sure, people can talk about them as the demographic, but at that point, it's just a demographic.

>talks about objective stats
>doesn't post any of those stats

If I had to guess I'd say that Captain Marvel will probably end domestically in top 10. Maybe top 5.

Attached: box office.jpg (585x694, 111K)

>All an incel is is a frustrated asshole
An incel is a man who has been denied sex by women. Because it is implied that women will deny sex for literally any disobedience, it is quickly becoming trivial.

Be Japanese men and be called Herbivore men.

Holy shit, this entire thread is absolute fucking cancer.

Attached: 1337911431076.jpg (500x331, 91K)

>already has the highest opening ever for a non-sequel
cope harder incels

Attached: captain marvel opening record.png (579x603, 61K)

>Top 5

If Disney buys tickets maybe

I'll just leave this here. Make of it what you will.

Attached: box office.png (800x540, 16K)

and the biggest drop too

in real life women don't like promiscuous men and gay men don't care what straight men do

it's only ever other straight men that shame other straight men for not having enough sex to assert themselves as more successful

Attached: gamer npc.jpg (510x521, 39K)

t. Marvelfag

Attached: istockphoto-491246605-612x612.jpg (588x612, 52K)

>Top 5
KEK

>Why are journalists not calling Captain marvel a flop like BVS and solo?
Difference in production and advertising budget. Captain Marvel cost about $152 million to make, with many estimating the total cost was about $300 million. It made that back opening weekend and more. At this point, it's profitable no matter what.

Also, though BvS performed below WB's hopes, it wasn't a full-on flop. Estimates are they needed $800 million to fully recoup their investments, and they got just a bit past that.

What's your point? Infinity War started to plateau too, until...

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-03-14 at 2.08.45 AM.png (1238x878, 59K)

This. I think the fact that BVS was advertised as the biggest superhero movie at the time didn't help it's final gross either since I'm assuming DC expected it to make over 2 billion.

oh wow, look what happens when another weekend pops up!

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-03-14 at 2.09.21 AM.png (1162x856, 55K)

80% are just trolling, and the rest are paid foreigners trying to sow discord.

That seems to be loaded with the expectation that sex was expected or owed. Thinking disobedience has anything to do with this shows how little you understand.

The Poe's law is strong here. I can't tell the ironic shitposting from the legitimate feminist brainlets anymore.

Attached: tardhammer.gif (371x209, 1.09M)

What level of irony are you on?

Fuck off back to /pol/ Nazi incel

Weird, it's almost like the film was released on an average weekend with no school or work holidays to push it up on Monday.

>Anyone not in the incel hybrid mind is a paid shill

Hello there false flagger. Feeling good?

People were going back to see IW two, even three times... you really think that's gonna happen with CM?

So we'll have to deal with Captain Marvel threads for another full year?

Pretty much. They advertised the heck out of it, expecting it to clear $1 Mil easy. From the glimpses we've gotten from insiders on how WB worked at the time, they would often dismiss problems with the movies' productions, based on the assumption that since they had these valuable recognizable characters, the movie was bound to make a lot of money, even if it's not good. Justice League seems to be the time that that attitude really caught up to them. There's only so many bad movies you can expect people to sit through.

>incel incel incel
>cope
>muh white males, alt righters, /pol/
>what level of irony are you on

We're one "who hurt you" away from being Reddit.

Its not fair bros. We kept spamming about her lack of ass and abundance of foot fungus but it still broke 455m easily. It's not fair!

It won't do the same numbers, but weekends are always bigger. Pic related is Wonder Woman. See how it did the same thing?

Try again.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-03-14 at 2.28.48 AM.png (836x510, 45K)

Makes sense. Reddit is where the people who grew out of Yea Forums went. Yea Forums will grow into it.

BvS biggest loss wasn't on that movie itself but on the stuff that came afterwards. Wonder Woman could've done even better and Justice League, even if it was the mess it ended up being, would've had an opening at least twice as big. It's unbelievable how they managed to fuck that up since Marvel has shown you don't even need to make actually good movies, just not offensively bad.

I don't think it affected WW all that much, desu. It was a major hit in the US, it just didn't carry worldwide at all.

I can't believe there are people that watch the same fucking movie two or more times, I'm not poor but that fanboy level it's too high.

Wonder Woman's always been only popular in the US in general.

Retard?

Well, it could have if BvS wasn't so toxic. I think I could've even done better than it did on the US as well. But that one did well enough, thanks to great WOM. The one that obviously suffered the most was JL, because it actually was better received by both audiences and critics. It's just that nobody went to watch it after getting burned with MoS and BvS. The brand will only carry you that much.

I think that's the problem - BvS was offensive. Justice League too.

I'll defend Man of Steel, But BvS was trying way too hard to be Watchmen and R-Rated, when it should have been Worlds Finest.

youtube.com/watch?v=rsmqc4RhSQY

DC's strategy could have worked if they had done that. Its true that normies know Batman and Superman - starting off with worlds finest would have worked, as opposed to alienate them. They could have done Aquaman and Wonder Woman to set up Justice League. And jesus christ, killing Superman, so early, only to have it undone one movie later.

Attached: ICO003909_1._SX360_QL80_TTD_.jpg (360x551, 59K)

>have movie theater subscription card
>go see as many movies as I want
>all for the same price
Yeah, I'm not paying any extra when I see movies a second time.

>Friendly reminder Wonder Woman flop.
Not friendly, and not true either. It was never even in danger. Movies that make over $800 million on a $120 million budget aren't flops, even taking into account marketing costs and the theater's take.

>DC was flopping and hemorrhaging money

All the movies DC released made money. Are you a retard?

>Conveniently cutting the time stamp off of the tweet

I think Aquaman proved that it doesn't really matter when it comes to solo movies.

Infinity War was pretty worth it. Infinity War was so good, after the second watch, I felt tempted to watch it a third time. It is *that* good. I think the closest a cape movie made me feel that way was Into the Spider-verse (and that is mainly for Peni Parker and Noir)

The last movie I went to I reserved our seats for a bit over an hour before showtime and it was just us and 3 other people.

Theater was packed when it started.

Most people don't get tickets until they get to a theater.

This picture would be more convincing if it was taken during the movie.

Not to mention that Captain Marvel isn't a tentpole film either but really just needed to be profitable enough to show people would be interested in a sequel. Infinity War alone pretty much already paid for itself, Ant-Man & Wasp, Captain Marvel, and Spider-Man: Far From Home.

BvS wasn't just supposed to pay for itself but was supposed to be the launching point for an entire series of films with at least some of the production costs of those films taken care of. Instead films like Suicide Squad and Justice League had to pay for themselves which takes away from later films like Aquaman as well.

Nah, she's the no.1 female superhero everywhere. Female led action films are still a tougher sell, and she didn't have the advantage of a brand as successful as Marvel, nor a tie-in with a massive film like Endgame. She pretty much had to fight it on her own, and did well enough for that. I expect the second one to do better overseas. It'd be so great if it outgrosses the first one by far, so Snyderfags get BTFO once again.

>monday numbers
Its gonna do 900mil to a billion, just accept the fact that the majority of people dont care about your pathetic internet crusade against Brie, the movie will be a success and there is nothing you can do about it

>BvS biggest loss wasn't on that movie itself but on the stuff that came afterwards.
This is the part of the financial equation that Feige gets, and the chucklefucks running DC films didn't get for years. Building a shared universe means building your brand. Which means every mistake costs you not just now, but a year from now, or longer.

Eeehhh depends on what you count as a female superhero since nipland has stuff like magical girls.

Carol might become the more popular one over time anyway, since Marvel movies are so huge.

>Infinity War alone pretty much already paid for itself, Ant-Man & Wasp, Captain Marvel, and Spider-Man: Far From Home.
I think they expected that. The nice surprise, I'll bet, was Black Panther. Solo Marvel films don't usually make that kind of money.

It kinda does if you check out the OW numbers. Both WW and Aquaman managed to work through good public reception, but they didn't do great opening numbers.

You can even do a "vs" movie but don't have them trying to fucking murder each other and solve it halfway through so you can give them at least 45 minutes of them working together and developing a friendly relationship.

Stop embarrassing yourself dc incel

>Which is weird because everyone buys online now days/hours in advance.

Maybe in really big cities or places with only one theater; around here, very few people do that because service fees add the price of another ticket at minimum. Plus not every online seller lets you use your discount card or points for online sales.

I mainly only ever buy online for events with limited times and locations like Rifftrax Live.

Hello there incel. Feels good to be fail?

I don't know how the fuck it works in your country, but in mine, where you also have a seat booking system that looks just like that, people can buy their tickets in advance and often will to make sure they get nice seats. I've bought tickets days in advance when I wanted to be sure I got good seating in a screening I suspect would get full.

Usually people at least reserve the seats when they decide which movie they'll see, and usually people don't just walk up to a movie theater and see whatever's starting in the next 30 mins, they make plans at least a couple of hours in advance.

A theatre looking like that on the online booking system an hour before screening is gonna have 7 people in it max when the movie starts.

But then again I've heard that in the US there's no seat number on the ticket and it's literally just about who gets to the seat first, which sounds kinda quaint but also horrible

>63 seconds apart
You're exposing yourself

>Eeehhh depends on what you count as a female superhero since nipland has stuff like magical girls.
But that's very niche for Japan and it work pretty much only in their own local productions.

>Carol might become the more popular one over time anyway, since Marvel movies are so huge.
I doubt so. This movie is being successful because of the Marvel tag but I just don't really see people giving two shits about Carol the same way that nobody gave to shits about Dr Strange, even though that movie did well too. Black Widow will probably remain more popular.

>just accept the fact that the majority of people dont care about your pathetic internet crusade against Brie, the movie will be a success and there is nothing you can do about it
This won’t happen until incel start getting punched like the Nazis they are!

So is it actually good but just had absolutely fucking horrendously bad marketing (like Wonder Woman) or is its only claim to fame all the virtue signaling political shit?

Attached: 1470780293549.png (763x960, 375K)

>Carol the same way that nobody gave to shits about Dr Strange, even though that movie did well too
Dc shills are this dumb

>But then again I've heard that in the US there's no seat number on the ticket
Theaters are starting to shift over to this model. Nice ones have had it for a few years, but even shitty ones are starting to do it thanks to online ticketing.

We used to have to show up an hour before a big movie to get a good seat. Even on a weekday showing, we'd probably go 15-30 minutes early just in case.

A little bit of both, apparently.

>stole elements
>stole
>elements
are you actually retarded

Surprised no one spam the Nazi incel go away get punched everyday chant yet.

I'm not a DC shill, nor I care about company wars. I just don't see Carol catching on with the public, in the same way that Dr. Strange didn't really catch on. Or even Ant-Man for that matter. As I said, I think Black Widow will still be the no. 1 Marvel female for the general audience.

>Carol might become the more popular one over time anyway, since Marvel movies are so huge.

They threw a lot of the MCU under the bus including and most notably Nick Fury and Cap America. Not only that but they ran with Disney's insane as fuck "make them flat and gross and beyond average looking" mandate for female action leads.
And Brie looks like she hit the wall 2 years ago and she is not going to be able to maintain that look. Even worse she's just....dull and lifeless and she just doens't have a personality or the screen presence.

Grow up incel

Oh, definitely. Black Panther and Infinity Wars have probably already paid for a third to half of Phase Four between them.

>wars. I just don't see Carol catching on with the public,
Checkout this small dick whitey

Not an argument.

>Black Panther and Infinity Wars have probably already paid for a third to half of Phase Four between them.
Assuming Disney doesn't squander it on in-house flops, that is.

Attached: Nutcracker Flop.png (1661x831, 507K)

>If you think that movie budget specifics are common knowledge
Yes, the general rule of thumb is "marketing is half the production budget, but not included in the marketing budget" is common knowledge here, because this is brought up every time some capeshit film gets spammed here.

What is it about Captain Marvel that triggers this place so much?

Weren't you around for Black Panther and Wonder Woman? If anything, I was expecting much more shitposting.

I don't remember there being even half as much WEWUZ with Black Panther, and absolutely none with Wonder Woman.

Solo was a flop you dumb fucking Shill

That sounds awful. For as long as I can remember the tickets here have had row and seat numbers, and you could go and get your ticket and select your seats if you wanted to be fussy and then fuck about doing something else till the movie was about to start. For several years at least there's been online ticket sales too, where you can book the seats you want online or with your phone in advance, with no extra cost - you just can't keep them booked too long, they have to be bought by a certain time before the movie starts, but you can pay online as well and then just waltz in to your seats.

What did people do over there, just sit for an hour in the empty movie theatre talking while it slowly filled?

Black Panther did drive some people nuts here, but I didn't see Wonder Woman bothering anyone when it released.
Captain Marvel seems to just do something to Yea Forums, the movie and the comics.

It's okay. It's just the usual Marvel movie, not their best but not their worst.

It's not surprising at all that someone would avoid these threads.

I guess, but thats why I say it needs to be a Worlds Finest movie. I know Snyder wanted to do A Dark Knight Returns movie, but that is literally no reason for any WB exec to think that would make a good start to a cinematic universe

>just sit for an hour in the empty movie theatre talking while it slowly filled
Yup.
Although if it was a popular movie, it didn't take long to fill.

christ. what if you had to go to the bathroom? That's crazy.

There were way more threads all the fucking time. I actually thought I was gonna have to avoid the board for a couple of weeks but it's just a couple of active threads at a time.

Then you get up and go. Most likely you're not by yourself.

Also, theaters are typically only opened 30 minutes before the movie, since they have another movie playing in it. So there would be a line beforehand.

I feel like mods at least tried to hold that shit back at the time

wait. So if it was a popular movie, it had loads of people showing up well before the movie started? And then the theatreful of people just sat there for like 40 minutes, just so they wouldn't lose their seats?

Why did that pedophile make another thread? McGloin, do you have nothing better to do than come here every single night?

Ah right. So, sitting there 30 mins, not 40 mins?

Although the media was almost as obnoxious in marketing Black Panther, it still wasn't nearly as bad. Another aspect is that the actor for Black Panther didn't act like a obnoxious asshole constantly, and could actually act.

I think the main part though is that Black Panther did not come out right before Endgame, had made other appearances in the MCU, and was not being pushed right before the 10-year finale as "the strongest character in the entire MCU who is the trump card that will defeat Thanos."

Attached: Captain Marvel.jpg (816x1200, 154K)

is it really that hard to understand? Have you never been to an event that's general admission?

Then they sure picked a hell of a time to randomly start posting in them.

>act like a obnoxious asshole constantly
It's funny, you say "constantly" yet the only thing people ever talk about are this instagram post, and something she said while promoting a completely different movie.

>This whole movie, it's fans and haters

Attached: Blank+_202e672878ac585c3e1717d9968678c1.jpg (326x239, 28K)

Stop posting outdated memes incel

There was also that Youtube vid where she answers google's auto completed questions, but other than that she's mostly a vapid fart of a human being.

Go back to Discord, tranny.

Ah, there it is. I was looking for that earlier.

Well yeah, like school plays when we were all 12 or such, or outdoors or club rock concerts, but most places indoors that had seating, like theatres for acting or film or concert halls almost always had seat numbers.

It's just mindboggling to think of that as industrywide practice, since I'm so used to the seat numbers, I suppose.

I thought Matt McGloin was just a child rapist, is he a tranny, too?

Made as much money on Monday as Alita did on its strongest day lol

There was also that interview where she said something like "I had to learn how to sit in a conference room, slam my hands down on the table and scream "STOP IT. YOU WILL LISTEN TO ME!", as if that is somehow empowering behavior, and not hilariously unprofessional insanity.

For all the talk of "It was only that one time", there seems to be a severe lack of examples of her acting like a normal, sane individual... especially considering all these interviews are bought and paid for in order to make her look as good as possible in the first place, and fail miserably.

But did she ever rape her nephew like Matt McGloin did? I mean, OP seems like a big fan of Matt "Child molester" McGloin, yet not many people are talking about it.

Alita is a sexist incel fantasy movie. Fuck alita

That's what incels like McGloin want you to believe.

How even at all?

Becaue it doesnt suit their narrative.

Is the author of OP's clickbait article fucking up Endgame the same way Captain Marvel is?

>Guy rapes his teen nephew
>same as a woman being in a movie
We sure live in a society...

WE DID IT ALITA BROS

Attached: 1552252131499.jpg (480x480, 21K)

I wonder if these type of people know the sequel, Last Order has some of the most genuine, respectable depictions of a trans character in an action manga ever.

Attached: sechs.jpg (400x586, 113K)

They'd probably turn the page and then get mad at the bunnies.

Attached: sechs.png (540x219, 130K)

What do you mean? She does her interviews normally and did that google thing being a Hollywood charming person. I'm just not seeing it.

Alita is cute. CUTE!

Get laid tranny

cuck

Hell no.
They'll look at him, then look at alita then start to wonder is she's really a he and the whole tuff chick with a stand in phallus sword thing will start to make the audience question her sexuality.
Something that the people who push women being strong meaning becoming ersatz-men do not want.

So the reverse trannies are completely ignored because they shine too bright of a light on what is being done in media.

>she's really a he and the whole tuff chick with a stand in phallus sword thing will start to make the audience question her sexuality
Already on top of that argument. Alita's sword are officially her boobs. Phallic sword debunked.

Attached: damascus boobs.jpg (339x442, 77K)

I can’t speak about the comic or for anybody else here, but everything surrounding the movie just seems so artificial. We’ve had so many female led action movies where the main character isn’t just there for eye candy, and Wonderwoman already happened, so there’s nothing really special about the movie, until you start getting into conditionals about it. The marketing also really fell flat for me, and the only reason I went is because somebody else bought my ticket.

The movie itself is above average, entertaining but not all that satisfying, and Carol’s smarminess really stopped being endearing early in the movie. She never really shows any real vulnerability (emotionally speaking) unlike every other MCU protagonist.

But it’s being treated as this “big important” thing while being average. It’s a movie, and while people who worked on it may believe in the marketing message the people financing it don’t and never did. And that’s what bugs me about it.

Lol whatever

It make more money domestically than it did in China

Keep pushing the >WELL IT WAS ONLY BECAUSE OF CHYNA
Cope, nigga

>We’ve had so many female led action movies where the main character isn’t just there for eye candy, and Wonderwoman already happened
I didn't know we had a limit on female led movies, user. How many a decade are we allowed?

The strange and beautiful damascus sword coming out of her elbow is completely different from a giant phallic knife that she carries around.
The change made no apparent sense.
Just like her more masculine and to be honest beyond dull fighting style.

I stand by my post.
They'll never bring up that character because it shines a very bright light on some of the choices they made with Gali..sorry Alita in the film and of all of the women they push of the type.

I'm not even sure how you know who the author of a random clickbait article is, but objectively, yes.
Literal who raping literal who does not affect me in any way whatsoever.

Waaaaah Cry /pol/ cry

ahem...
FUCK CAPTAIN MARVEL
FUCK MARVEL
AND FUCK DISNEY

Attached: 1552268066277.png (2000x2325, 418K)

I think the point the other user was making was that it's utterly retarded to try to sell your movie having a female lead as being some sort of "groundbreaking" thing, when there's nothing new about it.
Unless you're just pretending to be retarded, in which case, stop.

>I'm not even sure how you know who the author of a random clickbait article is,
You seriously haven't seen him spam his site every day for the past month? Are you that new? Don't advertise it, kiddo!

It's not rocket science to notice a blatant shill!

Attached: based.gif (531x359, 79K)

>I think the point the other user was making
Just admit it's your post, no one cares. Jeez, you're fucking user, it doesn't matter.

And you can't say "Don't make female lead movies seems special!" and also "Wonder Woman exists, why have ANOTHER women led movie???", because that's just obvious hypocrisy. "Women led" doesn't mean shit unless you sperg out about it.

>You seriously haven't seen him spam his site every day for the past month?
No, the same way I don't remember the names of any threads that start with a literal who Twitter screencap.
And unless for some reason you went through all the articles he's written, and saw an article "HOW I RAPED MY NEPHEW, by Literal Who", it makes you come off as an insane stalker with a bizarre grudge against a random clickbait writer.

Hang yourself tranny

Nah. He is a Laddercuck

>"Don't make female lead movies seems special!"
This is true.
>"Wonder Woman exists, why have ANOTHER women led movie???"
Did anyone actually say this, or are you still pretending that the reason nobody likes Captain Marvel is because "she's a woman", and not every single other reason people bring up?

I love how faggots only started caring about Alita after the Shazam guy called them on the lying about Captain Marvel bullshit.

Didn't Alita actually drop worse after alt-right fags said they'd go see it? It's like they have anti-buying power. They weren't even smart enough to get the Shazam want to view score higher when they were pulling that shit with Captain Marvel.

Attached: Shazam want to see.png (749x388, 178K)

You seem really triggered, do you need a safe space?

>Muh incels

Idiots taking photos of black screens well before even the pre views started is not proof.

Are you just typing random words now?

>Shills being this obvious

Attached: t0U3Y7g.jpg (256x352, 17K)

>No, the same way I don't remember the names of any threads that start with a literal who Twitter screencap.
Dude, McGloin is a well known Nova fanboy, who runs a clickbait blog. If you don't know at least that, should you even be posting?

He did rape his nephew apparently, but he must have got off if he's allowed to run a site for comics. It's really weird you claim to not know him but doubt basic facts like that, you can find mention of it just by searching his full name in the archives.

Second Weekend Bump happens in most films, but all that does is offset the plateau, it doesn't stop it. CM will hit maybe $220 before the end of the month when other shit starts coming out and knocking it off screens.

Attached: thor box.png (480x289, 7K)

shill

>Dude, McGloin is a well known Nova fanboy
To who? Why should anyone know who Random Clickbait Writer #3486973984 is?
> It's really weird you claim to not know him but doubt
No, what's creepy is that you know who Random Clickbait Writer #3486973984 is, apparently know that this literal who raped his nephew, except now you're claiming he didn't, and are shitposting about all of this in a thread about Captain Marvel.
Are you his nephew or something? I'll give you a free tip: if you want to brigade against someone nobody else gives a shit about, the place to do that is Twitter, not Yea Forums. You're never going to get anyone #MeToo'd on Yea Forums, and it's piss easy on Twitter with enough sockpuppet accounts.

Jeez, are you really this upset that you got exposed for being new? Take the L and move on.

How was Solo not a flop?
Oh. You're trolling.

>Second Weekend Bump happens in most films
That happens (for the most) part because a lot of films release a week apart, depending on the country. Captain Marvel was already released everywhere in the world on the same weekend in order to boost their "opening weekend" total sales.
It's possible that it'll get a "second weekend bump"... but the reviews haven't been great, so I doubt anyone is running to tell their friends "you have to see this movie".
But hey, who knows.

>claims it's bad because no one watched it
>in one cinema
>at 3 pm
>on a weekday
Yikes!

>alt-right supporting Alita
>a highly favored latino kino
weak bait incel-kun

Yea Forums loves it and they're one of the most alt-right boards.

Attached: 1552372859149.jpg (960x960, 125K)

The retarded shit incels do isn't something others decide. They obviously didn't watch the movie, they just needed something to throw at Captain Marvel, and the Shazam guy told them to suck cock.

Then a big murder ring drops to show us what happens to our hopes for a sequel.

Alita is kino, so I don't care who likes it. Go back to your contentment board incel-kun.

Attached: 1552377822883.jpg (1300x468, 230K)

>Yea Forums loves a movie that has a spic playing the main character
>said spic is vehemently anti-trump
>main enemy of the series is literally Trump, with the sky city being a metaphor for the Wall

You can't make this shit up.

upi.com/Entertainment_News/Movies/2019/02/13/Rosa-Salazars-Alita-is-a-powerful-warrior-for-powerless-times/6611549656616/
weatherinternal.com/alita-battle-angel-star-rosa-salazar-on-latinx-representation-aint-no-wall-going-to-keep-us-out/

You will give Lockjaw back his head gear now!

Critics didn't like it, but it was a blockbuster for its theatrical release. Wonder Woman was a blockbuster for it' theatrical release and other than the last act, it was critically well received.

>main enemy of the series is literally Trump
Main enemy is Dr.Nova who is a super genius. There's no correlation other than the fact nova keeps low income people out of where he lives

>main enemy of the series is literally Trump, with the sky city being a metaphor for the Wall
They seriously fucked up every antagonist in the movie. Nova shouldn't even be up there, especially not playing puppetmaster with the Bad Guys Gang.

This.
Denouncing a movie because someone you hate likes it is retarded.
I mean, Hitler loved Chaplin movies. Because they were great, not because they agreed with his politics.
Is it any wonder that there is a massive intersection of people who read Alita (having read the manga would greatly enhance enjoyment of the movie) and people who hate Carol Danvers (awarenes of comic publications would greatly enhance probability of this)?

How about the fact that Disney themselves confirmed that they lost at least 80 million on it? But I guess that doesn't count either right?

Its a vehicle for liberal politics. And its topical. Thats why they made the change

>Trump 4D chess meme

And that second line is enough correlation to justify the connection. Its why, in response to the Alita challenge, the SJW media said "Watch both". Because supporting Alita actually helps their agenda

>stucky
>well developed

Because you can see all the empty seats with the lights out, right?

>How many people do you need to buy theater seats over the internet? All you need is a few dudes with credit cards.
A big part of the narrative implies that thousands if not millions of theaters sold hundreds of tickets only to then find no actual people attending. Cinema owners and employees would expect busy nights and get ghost towns instead. Such a spreadout and systemic happening wouldn't be the kind people would brush off with a "oh well, i sold tickets, it must be a coincidence if no one showed up", everyone would e scratching their heads wondering what the fuck is going on, they'd talk about it online, some journalists would eventually notice and eventually the snowball becomes an avalanche

But no, we're supposed to believe only a handful of social media whores trying to "own the libz" or whatever you call your hobby are smart and honourable enough to notice and call out this massive world-wide conspiracy

>some journalists would eventually notice and eventually the snowball becomes an avalanche
Oh, you sweet summer child.
I hope you keep that innocence for as long as possible.

Attached: journalism.png (1047x488, 277K)

When you're arguing that the press was corrupted to cover it up then that already defeats the theory that "all you need is a few dudes with credit cards"

>Than why is Aquaman still being called a flop by Yea Forums
>still being called a flop by Yea Forums
>Yea Forums
do you see your mistake?

The most important part is that cinemas make most of their money out of the shit they sell, Disney buying tickets that would potentially go to actual clients would make big chain cinemas EXTREMELY pissed. Disney bullies theaters into giving it's movies special treatment (more screens), and disney can lobby with google for more favorable search results in youtube and their search engine. But the narrative of disney lying to their investors, intentionally losing hundreds of millions of dollars and the cinemas not giving a fuck is delusional. I haven't seen this ammount of butthurt since Obama-Romney, the difference is this are not /pol/ conspiracytards, this are just retarded incels that believed bombing reviews was some sort of fight against feminism.

I'm not american, what was the Obama-Romney situation? From what i remember everyone here thought the latter looked like a douche

>other then Wonder Woman
It's better than Wonder Woman by miles.

Full /pol/ meltdown for almost a month, BUT it was about a an election, not about fucking capeshit, they claimed Obama stole the election and the black panthers were intimidating voters all over the country, Yea Forums is reacting in the same way /pol/ did, of course /int/ was pretending to be celebrating, but it was all about THE PRESIDENT of the united states, not about a terrible disney movie doing well.

They probably won't because /pol/ and the likes are hypocrites. Even if Shazzam is shit, they'll go watch it just to piss Disney off.
I can't wait till the day Hiromoot is forced to regulate this place and the FBI start jailing you

>this thread

Man, Captain Marvel really tore this board apart, even worse than the tumblr v. /pol/ shit.

Attached: 1417205522643.jpg (500x375, 50K)

I really liked her in SP, but goddamn she was boring in CM. She kind of works when she interacts with someone else but her alone is boring to watch.

Still posting this cosmicbooknews bullshit Yea Forums?

You lost get over it. Not only do people like Captain Marvel, she's going to be in the two biggest movies of the year

Love is a big word. But it is funny to notice that even the infamous user score is slowly crawling towards the normalcy you'd expect for a popular Marvel movie, the popcorn isn't spilled anymore

Not Yea Forums just the marvel trannies

Tick tock

Attached: 1551919030479.jpg (1600x686, 268K)

It's going to be funny af when Captain Marvel makes more than every single one of those

Attached: 1552274214261.jpg (2216x2588, 1.03M)

Retarded company wars aside Pikachu is going to make tons of cash

>Those two claims are true, though.
There's right now a clip on twitter of Brie Larson talking to a little girl on some red carpet that has 65k likes. The tweet is even named #BrieLarson for PRESIDENT.

Get out of your echo chamber.

How?
It didn't beat BvS opening day numbers
It didn't make as much money as either of them
It's just now crossing Ant Man numbers, the movie seen as MCU's 'flop'.

So why isn't it also considered a 'flop'? For some reason, all the threads evaporated for it after the box office numbers dropped.
Why aren't you mentioning the massive monday dropoff? You spent all weekend about yaas kweenie slay but you're not staying for this part. why? Is it because you're blown the fuck out and those 'incels' actually won?

32 dollars!? Who's stupid enough to buy that?

I hope you're ready to pay 32 dollars for Endgame.

I do. Less people. Hence why this is a fucking stupid comparison.

2 premium tickets? is really $16 that much money? i mean regardless of the shittyness of the movie, premium it's usually much better, i wouldn't go to the movies in america if premium isn't an option (americans are dirty, no numbered sitting in many places, etc).

Attached: premium3.jpg (480x320, 60K)

Attached: premium.jpg (350x350, 45K)

For those wondering, Yes you can get an assigned gf.

Attached: premium5.jpg (900x600, 401K)

Boomer premium isn't bad either.

Attached: premium4.jpg (620x413, 43K)

Literally impossible unless they move it to like August

As if Carolshills care about that

Looks comfy :3

I DONT GET IT, WE KEPT SPAMMING KWEENIE SLAY AND NO ONE GIVES A SHIT ABOUT OUR MOVIE ANYMORE! IT WON'T EVEN BEAT MAN OF STEEL AT THIS RATE. WHAT DO WE DO?! HOW DO WE BEAT THE INCELS?!??

>WE KEPT SPAMMING KWEENIE SLAY
Has anyone posted that in this board unironically?

Kill yourself mouseshills

Would a newfag ever really be able to tell the difference?

Just wait till weekend for an increase in the box office. The incels won't win this war and with the law at our side, its only a matter of time till your average Yea Forums incel is jailed for good, making this world progressive

I'm convinced threads like these are false flags made by mouse shills.

How come? I don't know it's release window

Everyday this place gets more and more like Yea Forums

Probably most that were not about her feet were, but retarded incels did excactly what Disney wanted.

Yea Forums killed this whole website. People love to point fingers at the 2016 election. But it was definitely the circa 2014 Yea Forums culture that dragged this site into the mud.

Literally the week after Endgame comes out

So? Pokemon's a more loved franchise than any comicbook series

youtu.be/WMM2KCTRX2k
This is how movies really make money Yea Forums. Now tell me how well are the Captain Marvel toys/mechandise selling?

>toys/mechandise selling
It's easier to shitpost about ticket sales.

>posting this in yet another Yea Forums thread
>mods too busy arbitrarily banning Stonetoss threads to actually deal with Yea Forums spam, goes completely ignored
>literal pedophile thread left up for an hour and a half
>"I BET Yea Forums DID THIS!!!!!"
...Seriously, you retarded pavement apes?

>Now tell me how well are the Captain Marvel toys/mechandise selling
Those are going to truly sell like shit, marvel merch in general doesn't sell that well outside spider-man, especially among adults. Marvel sells a lot of tickets but that's where their cultural influence ends

>implying this shit doesn't pre date Yea Forums

Attached: fraud.png (1880x318, 163K)

Wew. Well, it'll probably still "survive"

Even if it's going to sell like shit, how would it rank against other marvel movies toys? There must be a rank or the amount of toys sold somewhere.

you actually seem like the one who is triggered. go for a walk. it'll be good for you.

but not for your ankles

Iunno, I feel like the cheap "I'm So Nerdy!" stuff - clothing with logos, decorative baubles and shit like that - sells decently well. Just look at funkos.
Of course, whether the Carol stuff will sell is a different question altogether.

And she tells other people not to jump the wall, and then she works her ass off at motorball so she can enter the city legally.

not only that. Solo-branded merch just isn't selling. And Star Wars makes most of its money on merch.

Anyone got screens of those constant bot-made positive reviews on RT? I can’t even find a news source of them.

Kinda like how libs are STILL screaming, three years after, that Hillary should have won?

You're the one in an echo chamber.

>like tumblr

It's because opening weekend was all they got paid for and now they're getting scripts preparing to shill Endgame.

>is really $16 that much money

this is where I'm supposed to say "check your privilege"

>clothing with logos,
BvS so far has been the one that sold the best, and yes, funkos sell a lot BUT funkos in general, it's not as if marvel funkos sell more than GoT or vidya ones. Captain Marvel is fucked when it comes to merch, endgame is the mainline toys, and DETECTIVE PIKACHU is coming, without even knowing anything, you can know that the best selling toy this xmass will be an interective pikachu
Did that happened in any Yea Forums board?

Attached: pikachu 3.jpg (236x271, 7K)

I really liked that little girl interview, she came off as likeable, which I was shocked by because all the previous stuff and her scenes in Captain Marvel are pretty cringey

>implies that thousands if not millions of theaters sold hundreds of tickets only to then find no actual people attending
There aren't millions of theaters. The US has about 39K screens across 4.3K theaters, there's about 10K theaters between the UK and EU, another 10K in China (though many of those are inactive), etc. The total number of active digital theater screens worldwide is only estimated at about 160K

I really wish BOM would stop spotlighting domestic gross so much and go with worldwide numbers instead. It's almost like they make it difficult to know what the real overall numbers are.
I don't know anyone stupid enough to only care about US gross. Whenever there's a discussion of anything, we all have to fight our way through to figure out worldwide numbers.

That's interesting to know, actually.

>Why are we so focused on the North American box office of a North American movie filmed in North America and based on a North American comic book?
It's really a complete mystery.

>Lamps
What the fuck? Are they allowed to turn them on in the middle of the movie?

Did you quote someone an still miss read what they wrote?
Do movies usually do well on Mondays? Also why do you care so much about a mediocre movie.

The real mystery is why your social worker allows you anywhere near a computer.

>no argument

To upset retards like you I suppose.

>Do movies usually do well on Mondays? Also why do you care so much about a mediocre movie.
Mylaybe during the summer and because/tv/ decided that this was the hill they would die on

Interesting. In my (not) defense I'm retarded with math and quantifying stuff

That's right, you didn't have one.

It really is. These movies don't make that magical one billion dollars with the US market.

>thread shits on Disney
>blame it on Disney
Do you blame Disney every time you get stuck in traffic or trip on a step?

>mfw i filtered incel and board quality went through the roof
any other shitty buzzwords you retards parrot please suggest them

Attached: Smug Pugger.jpg (403x452, 48K)

shill, Dkek, Marveldrone, seethe, and I think all of Yea Forums's intelligent "words"

If theres no one in the seats you can turn the flash on and not worry about bothering anyone.

It's simple. The US is where most of the major studios are based, where the largest chunk of total sales are going to be, and because of how international distribution works its also where *most* of the studio's actual profits are going to come from. The US has the largest number of theaters per capita of any country and the most moviegoers per capita. China's market share has grown considerably, usually as much as 20-25% of the total international gross... but even with this growing foreign market it's *very* rare for a blockbuster's domestic gross to be less than 30-35% of total profit.

Of course not because that would imply he gets out of his parents basement

Because it doesn't have a $400m production budget +marketing +distribution to pay off like BVS and it's already made more than Solo.

Is it? Then probably because it has to pay off the rest of BVS-JL's debts. Same thing happened to Superman Returns, it had to pay off 20 years of legal bills from trying to get the rights back to all the Superfamily characters, plus a big chunk to Nicolas Cage because his movie never happened.

As a side note, Aquaman at the same stage as Captain Marvel had made about 65% of Captain Marvel's current domestic, while Wonder Woman at the same stage was about 75%. The only DCEU movie to get there faster than Captain Marvel was Justice League, which of course ended up making less than both Aquaman and Wonder Woman domestically.

In the 1.2 to 1.3 billion range. Even if it drops hard domestically, the trend internationally is good. And it would have to drop a lot harder than it has so far domestically to be hurt that bad.

Romney had binders full of women and /pol/ couldn't understand why someone who shared their hobby couldn't get elected

>Disneykeks is full damage control
lmaoing my ass off

>In the 1.2 to 1.3 billion range.
lol no, not even close. It's trending to hit $210, maybe $220 domestically and that's about 25-30% of the total gross. It'll *maybe* hit $800-900 combined. Expecting it to break a billion is wishful thinking at best, thinking it'll do $1.2 to $1.3 is just living in a fantasy world.

Will Aquaman be affected by the new allegations against Amber Heard?

Attached: 1375973620327.jpg (500x415, 20K)

Alita is very apolitical, especially by cyberpunk standards
the main bad guy isn't an evil corporate overlord or a totalitarian government
its an evil immortal scientist whose evil is now law

Alita resonates with audiences because she's a genuinely enjoyable character who wants to do good. also helps that she's actually in exciting fight scenes as well

Attached: alita.jpg (573x825, 67K)

It doesn't matter what happens in reality anymore because incels have already decided the movie is a flop and any other conclusion is fake news.

You can watch this video (youtube.com/watch?v=jLk2LBGkMd4) for a typical breakdown of how much movies actually cost to make. For big tentpole blockbusters, you can easily double the production budget with marketing costs.

How come I have yet to see a picture of an empty theater while the movie is playing?

>Posting Monday's numbers on a Thursday
Just when I thought you losers couldn't get any more pathetic

Literally every single movie on the fucking planet released during a non-holiday weekend suffers a massive drop on Monday.

You're all so fucking desperate for this movie to flop that you're literally grasping at straws.

Well news flash, the movie just came out, and the new movies being released this week look like fucking shit, so Captain Marvel is going to be just fine.

Women exist. Women can be superheroes. Women can enjoy superhero movies. And most importantly, none of this means men are in danger or are inferior. Grow a fucking spine and get a life because your masculinity is so fucking frail you need a movie about a woman to fail at the box office in order to feel safe.

>Allegations
Probably not, considering production is still a year or two down the road, at least. Unless it blows up past the "allegations" state, nothing's gonna happen.

>It didn't beat BvS opening day numbers
Yes, it did. BvS made $420 million worldwide in its opening weekend. Captain Marvel made $455 million. Batman v Superman only beat it domestically, and not by much.

>It's just now crossing Ant Man numbers, the movie seen as MCU's 'flop'.
It crossed Ant Man box office TOTAL. The movie opened less than a week ago.

>So why isn't it also considered a 'flop'?
Because it made 450 million dollars in its opening weekend on a 150 million budget.

>Why aren't you mentioning the massive monday dropoff?
There is no massive monday dropoff. Most MCU movies (even stuff like Age of Ultron and Civil War) have a similar 70% monday dropoff.

>Is it because you're blown the fuck out and those 'incels' actually won?
The movie is still making a billion dollars. The only winner here is Dinsey.

It'll be over 200 after the weekend, man. Not saying that it'll make a billion, but it's gonna end up around 300 domestic at the very least, probably near 350.

Where is everyone getting the idea that it will "easily" make a billion?

Cause that would prove em wrong, and can't have anything that challenges their world view.

>Is it? Then probably because it has to pay off the rest of BVS-JL's debts.
It's not. No actual journalists do that, it's only company wars idiots that keep calling Aquaman a flop. It made 1.14 billion WW and it'll make the same or even a bit more than the latest Spider-man film in the US.
I mean, if we're to count which movies are flops because of how other movies from the same studio performed, what about the Disney movies released around John Carter, Lone Ranger, A Wrinkle In Time, Nutcracker, Solo and pretty much every single movie they released that wasn't animated or related to Marvel or Star Wars?

Its tracking over Hunger Games in NA and over Black Panther overseas. That's more than a billion.

>this entire thread
I genuinely cant tell who is trolling and who is autistically shitflinging anymore.

I think it's odd how for such a genre, technocracies are kind of uncommon in cyberpunk settings. It's always either corporatism or authoritarianism, or both.

>I genuinely cant tell who is trolling
Are you implying that no one actually cares about womens struggles? FUCK you incel

Its honestly as much of a cyberpunk as Star Wars is a sci-fi
its more action fantasy
though i would still consider it very much cyberpunk because the emphasis on transhumanism in the setting

Attached: 1552145833146.png (2518x1111, 954K)

It's almost on the same level of irony as "redpill" coming from a movie about the diversity squad fighting an army of white guys in business suits in a movie by transexuals.

Get on your knees. Bow toy girl, the real woman slapped your movie silly and fucked you stupid.

Captain Marvel was the superior movie and Carol the superior character.

>Resonates with audiences
Snorrrreeeeee clearly not as Carol is owning her like a two dollar whore.

She resonates because of all the echo in the empty theaters.

>it's gonna end up around 300 domestic at the very least, probably near 350.
Yeah, no it's not. beating the 200 mark is doable, but there's no way this is going to do Guardian/Ragnarok numbers.

Alita is bland shonenshit. Carol is unironically a better character.

The movie doesn't even have any real competition until Dumbo. 350 might be exaggerating a bit but I'm pretty sure it'll cross 300 without any problems. We'll have to see how strong this weekend is, I guess.
I do not think it'll do a billion though. Can't see it doing around 700 overseas, specially since China doesn't seem to care much about it.

Its tracking for over $400M, stop being retarded.

>over $400M
It's going to be around 250 mil after its second weekend. That means it should do over 150 after that. For comparison, Wonder Woman did 206 millions after the second weekend, and it was a summer movie with really strong WOM. I don't think CM will pull it off.