It's Finn's birthday! Say something nice about him!

It's Finn's birthday! Say something nice about him!

Attached: ffx_finn_by_saintwizard-d7ov2s0.jpg (999x1282, 124K)

Finn isn't a kissless virgin.

He deserved better

But he had fuck a purple space fart.

ew really I don't want to share my sign with that colossal faggot

All the drama and hatred around AT at the end is because people truly care about you

You had all of one and a half good seasons.
So...yeah.
Back to oblivion.
No one cares about you or your fuck up of a show.

Well at least his first kiss was PB. Then he got plenty of smooches from FP.

Well no one cares about you either, you bitter piece of waste

Happy brrapday

Why didn’t they let him score?

When Finn kissed PB, is that what turned her gay? Finn has probably always suspected as much.

He raised a whole pillow family. He and Huntress Wizard have been canoodling like rabbits. He jacks into the singing hole at least twice a week.

Yet you cared enough to post.

He turned PB and Marceline gay.
What happened to FP was plain shit writing.

He did score
One of them turned into a lesbian and the other was him getting raped so I mean not entirely

he was gonna smash loligumpussy until they got renewed, hell if you count mortal recoil as the end he does

>retcon turned PB gay
FTFY. Lesbofags out

What they did to you wasn't your fault.

Didn't one of the showrunners posted that he deserved to suffer on his Twitter ?

Attached: Finn Never Scored.jpg (719x596, 192K)

>Finn deserved to suffer
Fucking what?

I’m gonna need a source but it wouldn’t suprise me desu.

sorry your comic got canceled bro

It’s for the best.

If that Finn and Minerva arc isn't resolved in the next issue, but the shit we got in the first 4 issues was more important even as a placeholder then tendies will fly.

Attached: Bubblinefags and Comics.jpg (750x1290, 789K)

At least he doesn’t have to suffer anymore

Finn is truly the Guts of western animation.

Attached: thatsnotfinn.png (1768x1966, 2.74M)

He wasn't even the star of the show

Attached: mind-expanding!.png (860x762, 130K)

Why is the world like this

Newfags

Attached: 1532006059455.png (590x724, 744K)

It's sad that the best Finn x FP story was released just a few months before their relationship was sunk.

I say have Finn hook up with Star Butterfly, because god dammit, the two most cucked Yea Forums animated characters deserve to have someone.

Thanks to Adventure Time, we got Steven Universe. Thanks to Steven Universe, we got OK KO. It's a powerful nepotism chain that I hope to god gets broken soon.

Attached: juden jenny.png (400x550, 37K)

your show was pretty based and something i consistently liked but i'm pretty sure it was the beginning of the end after other people started making cartoons that were derivative crap.

Attached: bork.jpg (800x1140, 164K)

I want to punch whoever wrote this in the face

Issue 7 was going to be focused on Jake and Jermaine, so the human arc is probably going to end next issue.

You think there’s a nepotism chain now?
Craig got his own show because he was friends with Genndy. Lauren got her foot in the door after working on PPG and marrying Craig. Rob Renzetti (who creates pic related) was friends with Craig and Genndy and worked on their shows.
AT-SU-OK KO is nothing unusual.

>working on previous shows is now nepotism

>He and Huntress Wizard have been canoodling like rabbits

Not on screen, not really implied either

I like your hair. Also, I'm really impressed how you're able to adapt your sword fighting skills to every sword you managed to get your hands on. Not many people can go from broadswords to mystical katanas to rapiers the way you have.

>12 in 2010
nigga can drink now

I'd wager they had sex at some point. Also, no shit it wasn't on screen lmao.

You deserved so much better than to have PB and Marcy hijack your show and get your sequel comic cancelled.

incel

At least they did you justice in that crossover.

>You deserved so much better than to have PB and Marcy hijack your show
I'm convinced most people who parrot this rubbish didn't watch the show for years. Marceline was greatly underused after season 4 for the most part, and while PB did become more prominent, to say she became more prominent than Finn is just laughable. Some of you guys act like the entire second half of the show was just Stakes and the bubbline kiss. It's dumb.

Die cis scum.

A good boy, but the finale is now a cautious example of how not to end a series. Do not let the lead characters of an ensemble cast sit on the sidelines unless you’re setting up a bigger plot or if they’re to sacrifice their lives

Most of the characters kind of lost their way by the series finale.
Like, how the hell did Flame Princess end up becoming a rapper again? That shit legitimately confuses me.

I'm sorry for what they did to you, bruh.

See Nobody wants Marcy getting a sailor moon power up scene beating the big bad in front of everyone and getting the princess while Finn gets shit

Ah fuck, what I meant to say is that any actual romantic relationship that may have happened between them is off screen and not really implied. Anything beyond what we've been shown is non-canon.

>Tfw no epilogue episode where Finn is built like Susan Strong and has all the cybernetic augmentations he dreamed of, regained his wizard powers with age, awoke the true power of the demon sword and pulled his Devil Trigger, hanging out with Jake's great-grandchildren while talking with Jake's ghost thanks to his wizard eyes

Too based for this world

I can tell that you put the reply numbers in the wrong order

I thought the Son of Rap Bear episode explained that? But, I did marithon season 6-8 before the finale so it could be very out of place

She got into it because she liked it. It's kind of random, but not inexplicable.

It wasn't the big bad, and the sailor moon power up thing was a fun callback. I get why you'd be upset Finn didn't get something similar, but that's a separate issue in my mind.

In Wild Hunt HW said to Finn "we both know you're totally in love with me" and then they kissed. It doesn't get much more explicit than that. As for implications, she gives him her "heart" in Seventeen. I think it's pretty clear they were in a casual relationship moving into something more serious.

>She got into it because she liked it.
It's random and retarded and not in a good sense since the bars she laid down every time she spoke made me want to hit the fast forward button. But since you're sucking up for everything I can't convince you.

The Dark Cloud screwing everything up was pretty much the Big Bad. It's not a separate issue because I believe there's some Marceline favoritism going on behind doors.

Also HW has just as much viability as FP. You're just desperate to have something there so you can claim that he didn't get jobbed in terms of romance.

Its just a summary of what went wrong. Sure there was other stuff but its pretty hard to argue Finn didint get treated like shit. His sole contribution to the finale was being forced to kill himself, before getting taken off the board entirely so the other characters could actually save the day.

Your show helped me get through some stuff while I was still in High school, and for that I can't really seem to hate you, even with the stupid shit you and the show had done because of hack writers and rampant pc culture. Sucks your season 11 comic is cancelled, but I hope you continue to have Adventures. Happy birthday Finn.

FF10 reference?

>But since you're sucking up for everything I can't convince you.
I wasn't arguing that she was good at it. I'm ambivalent about FP's character in general, including her rapping.

>It's not a separate issue because I believe there's some Marceline favoritism going on behind doors.
I don't know how you could argue that when the writers clearly had no idea what the fuck to do with her. She only had 1 (one) major appearance in season 6, and her appearances post-Stakes were few and far between.
>pretty much the Big Bad
Even if this were true (it's not), it revived itself soon after Marcy's attack anyway.

>You're just desperate to have something there so you can claim that he didn't get jobbed in terms of romance.
I wouldn't have given a shit if he wasn't in a relationship by the end, I'm just stating facts. He was in some sort of romantic relationship with HW.

>Its just a summary of what went wrong.
It's not. Marceline had less relevance in the later seasons than even LSP did, so arguing she somehow 'hijacked' the show is stupid.
>pretty hard to argue Finn didint get treated like shit.
He had two miniseries centered around him. He was featured in every episode in the final season bar one. He received more screen time than any other character in the finale. I can see why you'd be upset he didn't have more bearing on the action in the finale, but 'treated like shit' is a stretch.

Relax, this SJW bullshit will be over eventually.

you Fagget

Well, despite lesbians lettin him down in the end, he was good. I grew up watching show (i was about 13 when it started to go out), and Finn kinda gave me a few examples and inspiration to go through my life. I appreciate the show and Finn, because he deserves it.

>He was in some sort of romantic relationship with HW.
One that could easily come tumbling down.

And what did he do significant during those miniseries, season, and finale and what did Marceline do in the finale compared to Finn?

Sorry I should have said its what stands out to most people. As for your point, yes he did show up in most episodes but that's not the issue. He simply stoped having any real bareing on the plot. He became a wingman at best and an incompetent loser at worst. He stoped being an active participant in the story and ended up a passenger in his own life. Islands wasn't even his own story save for the last two episodes/flashbacks and even then he barely got a word in. Its telling that fern was his only real plot hook by the end. And unlike nearly every other character all he got from it was sorrow with almost zero closure.

>One that could easily come tumbling down.
You're right. We can only speculate what happens next.

>And what did he do significant during those miniseries...
Reconnected with his familial roots. Helped the people of founder's island gain the courage to eventually leave. Saved Ooo from being taken over by elemental forces. Recovered from the guilt of killing Fern. Saved Jake from being stranded on an alien planet. Prevented an all out war. Plenty of things.

>and what did Marceline do in the finale
Asides from stomp that bad guy and smooch PB, not much. Finn definitely had more impact.

>He stoped being an active participant in the story
Even in the finale this isn't true. If it weren't for him, PB and Gumbald would've gone to war.
>Islands wasn't even his own story save for the last two episodes/flashbacks and even then he barely got a word in
That's fair. There should've been more time with Finn with his mum on founder's island at the end. Fortunately he gets a lot of time to shine in Elements.
>Its telling that fern was his only real plot hook by the end.
Well, they didn't have time to introduce anymore. And thank god they didn't because that finale was packed enough.
>sorrow with almost zero closure.
He would've gotten some closure knowing Fern wouldn't have to suffer anymore.

>You're right. We can only speculate what happens next.
And now you know why that "relationship" is actually lowballing him once again.

Finn definitely did NOT have more of an impact. He was so much of a useless aspect that while PB and Marcy were smooching we still didn't know if Finn and Simon were immediately KIA or not. That really shows their prospects when developing that shitshow of a finale. Did Finn and Jake get to stomp a big bad?

>Saved Ooo from being taken over by elemental forces
That was LSP and Betty.

>Recovered from the guilt of killing Fern
The chain events leading to Fern's creation was dumb as well. Finn swinging a sword that's literally himself carelessly over a chasm? Extremely reckless and negligent.

>If it weren't for him, PB and Gumbald would've gone to war
Gumbald was never going to change as shown by the dum dum juice turning him back into Punchy.

>Well, they didn't have time to introduce anymore. And thank god they didn't because that finale was packed enough.
Cut out Shermy and Beth and all the stupid shit like the Bubbline and LSP kissing scenes and maybe even the epilogue. All time needed to be saved in order to make something that wasn't garbage.

>Reconnected with his familial roots
Not after getting bodied by Susan.

>Fortunately he gets a lot of time to shine in Elements.
That's a good joke.

Oh shit, I think you’re right.

>Oedipus complex
What are they trying to imply here

Attached: finn-and-his-mom-minerva-reunite.jpg (1300x760, 51K)

I thought Finn's birthday on August 1, according to wiki

Adventure Time only got it's show thanks to Flapjack

PostS2 PB a bitch
Marcy a bitch
FP a bitch
HW a nothing

Only thing left for him is mommy snu snu

He didn't stop the war, they worked out their own issues. He spent the whole time fighting fern. Speaking of fern I wasn't saying they needed to give Finn a new person to deal with but just make him more important to the show as a whole. Fern in general was pretty mishandled and his death, while tragic didint really have the same weight as everything else in the episode. As for Finns role in the rest of the show that's going to be a much longer post ill get to in a bit

>Alden says Finn “deserves to suffer”
Fern is Finn and suffers/dies
Hmmmm

>lesbo pandering
>mind-expanding
nigga plz

that's pretty hot

Attached: _adventure_time_fanart__finn_and_minerva_mertens___by_jaydeedv_daxi0v0-fullview.jpg (1024x1244, 125K)

Also if by "had more time to shine in elements" you mean "he was actually present" then yeah totally.

>Marceline was greatly underused after season 4
The are they even supposed to do with her? They retconned her actually interesting personality into aloof indie girl, and that just doesn't mesh with adventures in magical Candy Land. If anything she was around too much given how boring she became

>And now you know why that "relationship" is actually lowballing him once again.
Most relationships don't last forever, and that's okay. I'm sure Finn will live if this one doesn't. Anyway, this has gotten off track, the only point I wanted to make on this is that they were in a relationship.

>Finn definitely did NOT have more of an impact
He prevented the war. That's pretty massive. Marcy stomping that guy didn't mean much since it came back to life soon after.
>Did Finn and Jake get to stomp a big bad?
They didn't need to.

>That was LSP and Betty.
Betty? Only reason she was after the jewels was to save Simon. She actively sabotaged Finn at the end. LSP, yes, but only because Finn retrieved the jewels in the first place.

>Gumbald was never going to change
Correct, but PB's willingness to forgive Gumbald is what convinced Lolly to stop him. None of that would've happened without Finn's interference.

>That's a good joke.
Finn was great in Elements, fight me.

>they worked out their own issues.
Finn was the one who convinced/tricked PB into doing that. Otherwise, war.
>but just make him more important to the show as a whole.
I agree, I wish Fern was fleshed out more. It's a shame it got cancelled before that could happen.

I don't think Marceline herself changed that much. But rather the tone of the show, and the contexts in which her character was placed that changed. There's still moments in later episodes that prove she's just as much of a reckless prankster as she ever was.

>Comparing this shitty protagonist to Tidus "Laughing at your corpse is shinning my soul"
Fuck you

>He prevented the war
Through all the dream shit and gumbald still wanted to off PB. He did not.

>They didn't need to.
Why not?

>Gumbald is what convinced Lolly to stop him
And by the show’s logic we can assume that it’s possible that Lolly will attempt to off PB in the future, right? Both her and Neddy feel so tacked on.

>Finn was great in Elements, fight me.
Where and what time?

>Otherwise, war.
War would’ve broken out if Gumbald successfully dummied PB

>I don't think Marceline herself changed that much
She changed a lot. Gone are the days of her casting spells, being into punk rock and her slouched posture and in are the the days of being Pb’s handbag and more sappy songs.

You deserved better

Finn is a cute boy!

The cutie needs more love!

The following few posts are going to be based on my personal observations of the show and the direction it took as well as common complaints I've seen espoused but poorly explained. I could write a hole essay on the different things the show did wrong and right but for the sake of brevity I'll just focus on Finn

From the start Finn was a kid. He was brash, emotional, and stubborn and always full of energy. Still when it came to quests his enthusiasm and determination made him actually somewhat competent at handling simple adventure related tasks. Sure he would often get in over his head and need Jake to save him but it worked on both a narrative and character level. As the show started maturing and becoming more complex so did Finn. Many viewers myself included became interested to see how he would grow. And for a while the show did a good job of portaying that growth in a realistic way. Though trials and tribulations he matured, became more reasonable, formed relationships, gained insight into his past, and unlocked new powerful tools to help him on his journey. Then it just stalled out. It was like he was frozen halfway though his arc. We started to see other characters get developed more and more. Backstorys, drama, relationships, story arcs, some of which was pretty good, even great in some cases. But Finn would never be the same after this point.
Now this is where the trouble starts. Finn had stoped maturing and started "maturing". His character started to flip flop though extremes and he went though several stories where he made an ass out of himself or was otherwise humiliated. Other characters went back to looking down on him and the only "lesson" he learned from that point on was to sit down and shut up while the real hero's get the job done. We got more and more stories where he didint really have anything to do. His own episodes either became set ups for future plot points or retreads of old ones.

Attached: 1552191017079.jpg (1280x1440, 858K)

I’m curious to see what you think about PB. I personally am of the mindset that she didn’t need all that unnecessary backstory piled onto her. Too many gaps of time and I liked her as an intelligent teen that could have a mean streak and handled the kingdom. I may be called a one dimensional loving scrub, but whatever.

(Continued) other characters were still getting the development he desperately needed, and it seemed more and more like Finn wasn't going to be allowed to really succeed at anything ever agian. This is where the wingman era begins, now Finn is always going to take second stage to other characters. His role is now being either a awkward idiot/comic relief or a shoulder to cry on and when confronted with a major challenge he will inevitably try and fail to win only to be saved by someone else. This is the state the show ended. Finn never became a competent warrior, never earned the respect of his peers, never found a significant other, lost friends, failed time and time again to actually make a difference...etc...etc....pretty much ending up right where he started only worse.

EVERYTHING STAYS

It definitely had some issues/inconsistencies but I still like both it and the more simple version. I honestly believe her and Marceline were the only ones to get any real effort put into their stories which is what they stand out to so many people. The only MC who I think had it worse than Finn was the Litch, who got put on a fucking bus after years of build up.

Who would you say contributed the most to the more positive aspects of Finn's development?
I can kind of guess who contributed to the negative aspects.

I’d say a lot of PB’s backstory was a lot of meh and little good.

Gumbald? Eh. Neddy? Eh. Elemental Powers? Eh. Marceline? We barely see what made them click back then. I believe she was another ruler in line who took over the kingdom once she turned 18 until they dreamt up the immortal monarch angle which has a hard time fitting into what PB was in the earlier seasons along with soft retcons everywhere (candy citizens blowing up when scared, gumball guardians being OP, etc)

I liked her better before all the monarch stuff, but that’s just me. Same for Marceline before all the sad sappy stuff engulfed her whole.

What’s the best Finn centric episode?

I'm not sure honestly. I know there was a shift in writers but I don't know any specifics. I stopped watching the show for quite a while around the comet arc only to come back and binge the whole thing when the finale was announced. I've heard there was some behind the scenes politics and drama but that's about it. Feel free to share anything you know about it.

Didn’t one of the writers admitted they hated finn?

A few posts back.

>The real heroes were the genocidal fascist mutant and the reclusive serial killer from hell

I'm OK with you thinking they're the MCs (they're not) but heroes? Give me a fucking break.

Well they're lesbians so that obviously makes them heroes.

Based mommyposters

Attached: 1526041543561.png (2258x1341, 877K)

>no fanart of Finn marrying his mom
>no fanart of them making babies
>no fanart of Minerva-bots carrying Finn's children
Why

His birthday is three days after mine! cool!

Attached: thumbs up.gif (220x166, 156K)

You deserved better

Thank you for bringing much-needed sexual diversity and inclusion into the cartoon industry

Hall of Egress
Boom Boom Mountain
Enchiredeon

shitting dicknipples

bump for birthday boy!

Attached: Enchiridion.jpg (600x337, 27K)

You cant turn someone gay you fucking brainlet

Then how do you think someone becomes gay retard? If you say some shit like "born that way" you're a brainless ape

mathematical!

tumblr turned them gay