Children's Networks Flatlining

>Kids TV: It’s probably no surprise that the kid-targeted networks are being hurt the most as a new generation of kids ignore linear TV to either watch YouTube videos, play Fortnite, or binge TV on one of the streaming services. Nickelodeon was down 29 percent in 2018, while Cartoon Network is off a stunning 36 percent. (Cartoon’s older sibling Adult Swim, which targets 18-24-year-olds, is also off by 12 percent.) Disney Channel is commercial-free, and therefore not on this list, but its tween network Disney XD is down 23 percent.

indiewire.com/2018/12/network-ratings-top-channels-espn-cnn-fox-news-cbs-nbc-abc-1202030597/
How the FUCK are these channels not going under? How is it still profitable? This is not sustainable at all, can anyone in the industry enlighten me?

Also, thread theme: youtube.com/watch?v=04F4xlWSFh0

Attached: dead as fug.jpg (1000x619, 77K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/P8rDKn3cXMI
youtube.com/watch?v=CurciFKenEg
youtube.com/watch?v=71_wKR73rWA
reuters.com/article/us-viacom-results/viacoms-netflix-deal-highlights-content-strategy-earnings-mixed-idUSKCN1PU19N
businesswire.com/news/home/20181114005851/en/Amazon-Prime-Video-Signs-Deal-Viacom-International
rapidtvnews.com/2018121254465/viacom-expands-multi-platform-distribution-with-amazon-across-europe-africa.html#axzz5iC5AntaC
fiercevideo.com/video/viacom-has-plans-for-more-direct-to-consumer-streaming-products
reuters.com/article/us-apple-media/apple-aims-for-april-launch-of-tv-service-with-cbs-viacom-and-starz-idUSKCN1Q22XX
tvrev.com/viacom-pluto-tv-acquisition-streaming-video-ads-what-does-it-mean/
forbes.com/.../viacom-pluto-acquisition-streaming-video-free-services/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Aren't a lot of these places pushing their streaming apps as the way forward?

They're basically run on the couch change of their parent companies.

That's what I was thinking, but at this rate will it even matter to have these channels on cable? The ratings are attrocios, they barely hit 1m and Nick has been nosediving in the last couple of years. CN and Nick have almost the SAME ratings. Historically Nick has been about 3 times bigger than CN.

Attached: 1545296637023.png (512x512, 263K)

Something's going to happen in the next few years. Standard TV will go the way of the dodo. Right now I'm guessing there are a lot of older timers just crossing their fingers it'll all last until retirement.

Has there been any talk about industry people about what the next few years look like? I can't imagine all the show runners sitting in their offices thinking shit will stay the same.

Most I've heard of is an emphasis towards apps and online streaming. Cartoon Network's basically hedging its bets towards it.

their app is trash tho

The app is only an extension of the cable service right? As in you can't buy it standalone?

They don't care. Kids don't watch TV anymore and streaming/Youtube is the key to their success.

>Historically Nick has been about 3 times bigger than CN.
That is just USA. Things are different in the rest of the world. USA is pretty much the only country where Nick beat CN.

So what will that look like? Obviously Disney has Disney+ but what the fuck are Nick and CN going to do??

Warner is making an app too. They listed, among other things, DC, Looney Tunes, and Hannah Barbera as key IP for their app.
They don't care much about CN, especially now that Turner is dead and they have all merged or changed branding.

WarnerEntertainment will release a streaming service with all their IPs

streaming service, not app

>They don't care much about CN
Turner is now an actual part of Warner. The new service is going to have the CN shows

Oh alright didn't know about that, guess that just leaves the ball on Viacom's court. They need to shit out their own service right? They can't rely on Hulu.

That's what I mean, they probably don't care about the network itself, but they do care about CN Studios to create cartoons

They need to make fucking harry potter cartoons already.

Viacom is currently
A. Trying to find a guy to replace Les Moves
B. Trying to remerge with CBS, which will happen because they are far behind in the industry

After that, we should know what happens

Boomerang already partnered with VRV giving them their entire library.

Attached: bommerang VRV.png (1520x945, 1018K)

That is the entire plan they are counting on
Right now each has their individual streaming platforms. Disney will bank on Disney+ and Warner will launch their own service. They’ll slowly move new series to these platforms. The channels themselves are getting new shows so they aren’t being abandoned quite soon but theyll transition all the stuff to it
Nick is quite fucked even as the leader. Huge declines and. Viacom can’t make a streaming service on their own (hence, like others said, they want a CBS/National Amusments merge. Then they have enough assessts for a service). That’s why they are clinging to Spongebob, making spinoffs and going for nostalgia. They have nothing else to hold on to after ruining their channel for so long over it. Trying desperately to not become the Sega of kids channels

I would imagine that merchandising is what's keeping them alive

Are there any channels that talk about Yea Forums from an industry/business perspective? I'm so tired of channels with autists guessing what is coming next from some story-boarder's twitter rant.

Attached: 1527522505348.jpg (589x640, 41K)

Kids these days are only interested in scat videos on YouTube involving Disney characters. If you thought Yea Forums was shit now, wait 10 years.

CartoonBrew is like the closest, but you have to learn their parent companies business before anything else.

>you have to learn their parent companies business before anything else.
What do you mean? As in they're shills or that they just prioritize those news?

My nine year old nephew only watches Dragon Ball Super and spends the rest of his time watching annoying fucktards open pokemon cards and play with toys that stopped being sold years ago. He never watches tv.

Obviously what cartoons need is more lesbians and propaganda.

Stupid sufag. Fuck off back to /trash/

Honestly I doubt most of those people being counted in the ratings are even real. I bet a lot of it comes from just TVs playing in daycare centers.

I have been checking the ratings for my country and it turns out that Nick's ratings are abysmal. Also, Disney Channel and CN are the most watched channels only surpassed by the two biggest news networks in the country.

I mean you don't really have many business blogs about the Cartoon portions of these media conglomerates, so you sort have to get the whole story to get to the cartoon portions, but Cartoonbrew is really your best bet on business side of cartoons

Attached: 1534561412258.jpg (480x270, 46K)

Nick is an American-only channel. The rest of the world prefer CN.

Oh I see, thanks famalam
I know that it plays in Mexico at least, are you really sure about that?

>I know that it plays in Mexico at least
I wasn't saying Nick only plays in America. I'm saying only americans care about it.

Why would kids care about watching cartoons or sitcoms that are longer than 5 minutes when they can watch lots of zany, much more exciting youtube videos of a wide variety of subjects?

It’s simple, just show nothing but Teen Titans Go and Spongebob.

Maybe to the extent that Americans care about it, but I think the ratings can be also explained by how channels have been bundled.

Nick is infamous for having the best ratings in America and the worst everywhere else, some of it due to being on higher packages and some due to not being what other countries want. Hell, it couldn’t survive in Japan while Disney and CN do fine
I’d love this, like what does Warner merging Turner into them or their CEO scandal means for CN and AS. Not twitter screenshots and politic drama with animators

Which is really disappointing IMO. I wish we lived in a reality where Amid's posts where 90% about introspective business discussions or interviews (like his post on Titmouse LA vs Titmouse NY wages from a few years back) instead of him either shitting on a project John K style or talking about SJW shit

Because they can watch flashy, exciting anime in CN

Attached: 1479153485123.webm (640x360, 2.96M)

I dunno man, it's beyond me. I grew up watching cartoons on TV, I jumped on the PC heavily around my tweens.

>I’d love this, like what does Warner merging Turner into them or their CEO scandal means for CN and AS. Not twitter screenshots and politic drama with animators
Most shit is more interesting from a business point of view. That's how the sausage gets made, and you can see things coming from a mile away. Companies are insanely transparent about what they want to do in a lot of cases so it really blows my mind that Yea Forums just isn't interested. Again it's a lot of spergs in general.

why would they watch it on CN when they can just watch clips on youtube and websites that stream even though they don't have the rights to them?

This is the first I've ever heard of Nick being unpopular internationally. Spongebob, FOP, were everywhere, even in countries that didnt have a Nick affiliate those cartoons were outsourced to Jetix and even Disney.

Sounds like the usual CNfag lies, misinformation, and cope.

Nick’s app is horrible. To watch any shows you must have cable PLUS nickelodeon in your cable package. I have Dish, but Nickelodeon is not included in my package. Can’t see Power Rangers Beast Morphers

good

>Took a dive in 2013
>When CalArts and other shit shows started to form and dominate the network
Makes me think.

These tend to just be band-aids, it can't be their endgame. Maybe we'll hear something from them soon.

I heard that after the merge, the combined CBS/Viacom would be sold to another company. The two main questions here is which company would buy them, and how would that company make use of it for their streaming services?

Stupid burger

Attached: firefox_2019-03-13_21-49-17.png (704x650, 695K)

At least here in Latin America, Cartoon Network was really popular in the 90’s. It had their own branding and narrator. Later came Discovery Kids Latm which took away the attention from CN

Early 2000s were the golden days of Nick. It went to shit after Avatar.
>CNfag lies
Imagine being such a kid

I guess that’s the problem, people cannot speculate or talk unless it’s drama or immediate
Like when Canada got a separate Adult Swim channel, I brought it up for speculation and was flat out told to not care about things unless it immediately happens in America. Meanwhile someone can post a twitter screenshot of some random animator hating Trump and that hits bump limit in 2 hours

la creatura....

Probably a tech giant like Apple or Google who don't have a foothold in streaming yet like Amazon, Netfix and Facebook do.

>CBS and Viacom sold to Disney
Oh no

>golden age
>mid 2000s
Imagine being such a projecting zoomer retard.

>Like when Canada got a separate Adult Swim channel, I brought it up for speculation and was flat out told to not care about things unless it immediately happens in America. Meanwhile someone can post a twitter screenshot of some random animator hating Trump and that hits bump limit in 2 hours
Most of the big boards have been taken over by /r/the_Donald redditors, it;s been dying down since '16 but you can still feel their newfaggy presence.

>zoomer
Go eat a burger, burger

Apple is having a streaming service

>Golden Age SpongeBob
>Early FOP
>Invader Zim
>Teenage Robot
>Chalk Zone
>Jimmy Neutron
>pre-cucked Danny Phantom

Gotta admit that's a pretty solid lineup

>/int/ shit
Just livestream kys yourself unironically.

>Viacom sold to Disney
The big six can't merge, they get enough shit as it is it would get shut down immediately. The recent mergers have vertical but this would be a horizontal merger in an already oligopoly-tier industry.

Hopefully soon, I'm tired of having to pay for either a phone line or cable to get internet.

I remember when people wanted an Adult Swim channel back in the peak years. Turner always dismissed it

Disney and Fox Entertainment are merging on the 20th

>CBS and Viacom sold to Disney

Disney is just finishing the final touches of the Fox buyout. They can’t get anything else

So who would buy Viacom then?

>Nickelodeon is Black Instead of Orange
>Disney Channel is Orange Instead of Indigo Blue
>Cartoon Network is Indigo Blue Instead of Black

FOX is just a piece of a bigger conglomerate, it wouldn't be the same as Viacom

Break it up? Why sell it in the first place? They can make their own service.

honestly arent most network ratings dropping overall? the internet is killing TV

pic related

Attached: tuzvvc8usda01.jpg (1280x720, 116K)

What did those numbers look like in the early 90's for Nick?

Jesus. Viacom ain't gonna make it to 2030.

I don't know why TV stations aren't moving their content elsewhere, but I know that broadcast TV has lost a lot of viewers to streaming services.

First of all this infographic is hilariously out of date and is also wrong as fuck. GE owning Comcast for fucks sake.

2nd, 90% of Fox is being sold off. The only parts the Murdoch family if keeping is the Fox broadcasting channel, Fox Sports and Fox News.

Viacom/CBS are owned by the same faggot, who is senile and the estate is up for grabs.

Attached: 26VIACOM-articleLarge.jpg (600x833, 90K)

>First of all this infographic is hilariously out of date and is also wrong as fuck. GE owning Comcast for fucks sake.
Then find me a better one faggot

Attached: 1349662762172s.jpg (250x249, 11K)

Attached: 1542713481115.png (2000x2000, 1.81M)

>tfw pic related will buy out Viacom and own Nick.

Attached: 9bhizJA.gif (500x270, 986K)

This shit sucks man abolish intellectual "property"

Attached: ancap gf.png (750x1020, 460K)

All television viewership numbers are down not just these networks. When cable came around there were only 3 big channels then over the decades the viewership pie slices kept getting smaller.

These networks are crashing though, worst performers.

Cable tv will likely be of little relevance in some years from now. Is it really that big of a deal when cable is already competiting against online video, forums, twitter, instagram, news sites, video games, etc?

Man, Disney+ better have every single show and movie, animated and live-action, that Disney owns

user, the girls they're trying to get with their stupid bullshit watch youtube and social media. Youtube and social media that doesn't have their brainwashing and homosex pandering.
Well youtube is fixing that even as we speak however....

Nick? They can live off of reruns of crappy tv shows and swag forever. And do the occasional queer pandering bullshit to keep the higherups and their little plan pushers happy.
CN? See Nick.
Problem is that CN honestly doesn't have anything except like....Teen Titans Go anymore.

>106422398
All the Adult Disney shit is getting dumped on Hulu

user radio hasn’t gone under, tv won’t go under that easily, not everyone has access to streaming devices and believe it or not local tv it’s still a thing in a lot of places, big networks will move elsewhere because they follow the money but tv as medium won’t go away any time soon

Not a good comparison. Radio has uses like listening to music when you're in the car driving. It's also much cheaper to produce radio programs than the millions needed for TV.

They had an unbreakable control over a unique format, and they broke it when they shut down the free aerials. Things have only gone down from there. Bad show ideas, good shows badly timed, self-destructive cable companies, etc If it's a bad move, you name it, and some posters have, and it's been done.

CN has more than ttg

Attached: bear.jpg (720x720, 97K)

Why watch shitty cartoons when you can play fortnite?

Attached: willem.jpg (500x857, 87K)

Poo poo brain! Dumb! Baby!

Yeah, We Bare Bears is merchandised like Hello Kitty; the products and licensing makes a lot of money overseas. It's weird that the show happens at all since it's about mid 20s men.

Women like the adventures of harmless "cute" adult men. It's a thing.

Hell women love shows starring guys who go on adventures more then shows starring women who go on adventures.
That's just how it is.
However, the more they femininze or make the male lead a harmless wimp in an effort to build up women or make the male lead harmless, the less happy women are with said lead and the less likely men are to like the show or the lead.

I get that. From female fans of the show, Ice Bear is the favorite. None like Grizz. I guess it's his aggressive nature.

I think boys are just seriously ignored right now when it comes to cartoons. Thanks to feminism every modern cartoon now only has female protagonist or if it does have a male protagonist it’s a spongebob like show where all the male characters are idiots and only the female once are competent. Can’t blame boys for abondening cartoons when cartoons obviously seem to have it out for them so to their “male privilege”

It's obviously not the fact that they're creating shitty shows. Nope. Not that.

You're making it sound like every show is Young Justice.

It's obviously not the fact that they're creating shitty shows. Nope. Not that.

I honestly look at cartoons nowadays and just don't see who exactly they're meant to appeal to anymore. Most of it is feminist CalArts bullshit that looks like they're trying to appeal more to some Tumblr demographic than they are to kids. Kids (specifically young boys) have nothing exciting to watch nowadays, and people are realizing just how big a scam cable (and premium channels) are and just ending their subscriptions altogether.

Name 3 feminist cartoons

>I'm guessing there are a lot of older timers just crossing their fingers it'll all last until retirement.
This is literally my dad. He works at a local news station and says that everyone can see the writing on the wall and he just needs it to stay afloat like 8 more years before he can retire,

Wasn't this kind of the original pitch of Cartoon Network in the 90s? Just a place to throw all their old cartoons on? We've come full circle

name 3 shows that have a competent male protagonist that actually saves or helps women all the time instead of vise versa.
right now I only really know shows where male characters are always side characters or idiots.
troll hunter and how to train your dragon are kinda an exception but even they have a good dose of "boys drool, girls rule" every now and then

every cartoon with a female protagonist since they all have at least one episode dedicated about "female empowerment" and fighting "the patriarchy for keeping women out of stem" or some other feminist bullshit.
also ever noticed how all female shows are fine but boys shows always need to have at least 5 female supporting characters?

I'd like to see more action stuff or just reruns of really good shows from the past (BTAS, STAS, Static Shock, JLU, GL:TAS, 90's X-Men, X-Men Evolution, ATLA, etc.) but that seems to have fallen out of favor now.

>name 3 shows that have a competent male protagonist that actually saves or helps women all the time instead of vise versa.
Steven Universe, Rise of the TMNT, Ben 10.

I dunno but sports are definitely the biggest portion of TV ratings in recent times.

>TV and Cable is dying.
>Livestream is the new era.
This has known for years,
Why is everyone surprised?

More like obnoxious & overbearing (pun not intended).

Grizz is the type to push someone into an uncomfortable situation without first considering your interests. Panda is too sensitive & chases after girls out of his league. Ice Bear is funny, strong, intelligent, & reserved.

I would like Grizz more if he wasn't so extroverted.

Having a GILR POWER episode isn't feminist bullshit. It's a cliche. Funny how people here ignore all the episodes where the girls do nothing, job or get shit like the guys but one episode where they are relevant? Now that is a crime
>all female shows are fine
Name two

>The Jetsons & WWE: Robo-WrestleMania!
wat

For some reason I feel like Microsoft might buy them
Don’t know why, I guess just because Viacom owns TMNT and Microsoft has Battletoads

I'd like to quote Tom Yasumi(one of the few japanese who actually made it in american cartoon industry). He said along the line of

>nowadays most people turn to kids and asked them about what they want to see
>they're just kids, they don't know what they want to actually see

Instead of simply throwing shit at the wall and see what sticks, they should instead focus on making quality stuff. Don't worry about the viewerships, these sheeps will come naturally

Nah. Disney already has the Disney Channel. Seems like it would be more up NBC/Universal's alley as they don't have a major kids channel.

Only reason to buy Viacom would be for its library. Viacom isn't making much of anything. Channels like Comedy Central, BET, & CMT are just for reruns now.

>tom yasumi

He was taught, trained and worked in america right from the beginning of his career. It's not like he's one of those underpaid, overworked anime animators that sailed across the ocean to greener pasture.

That and even legal steams are everywhere. Netflix, and Hulu have a huge anime collection and Funimationnow is success so really no kid wants to be chained to having to watch something at a certain time of day or they miss it.

And then there this

>Adult Swim and Crunchyroll
It's going to be shit

i'm surprised every year mtv keeps existing. That one is in much worse shape than any of these.

Why?

Imagine expecting something good from Crunchyroll

what happens to Hulu after Disney get Fox's %?

>only make a weeks worth of tv shows
>surprised when kids binge watch through it and have nothing else to watch

This was brought up before but...

>Nick
More reboots & spin offs no one asked for.
Still leaching off of SpongeBob.

>CN
Gone, absorbed into Warner Bros, channel becomes the Adult Swim network and is mostly live action due to the Fox shows jumping to Freeform because of the Disney buy out.
The Boomerang network also dies off, replaced with nothing.
Warner Bros kills off the Tumble garbage and becomes reserved on Looney Tunes and 1957-1963 Hanna Barbera cartoons.
Style is 1 on 1 to the original cartoons they're based on.
Less DC cartoons, alot less.
Scooby Doo is still there.
So is Tom & Jerry.

>Disney.
The Disney Jr network and Disney XD die off worldwide (they're already replaced by NBC Universal equivalents in some countries)
Matt Groening takes over the PnF & MML unit.
Seth MacFarlane takes over Craig McCracken's unit (he already had as he already jumped ship to Netflix).
98% of the Korean studios in use are fired, only Rough Draft remains and Disney only uses them on The Simpsons, Family Guy still uses Digital eMation, American Dad still uses Yearim and Bob's Burgers still uses Yeson but everything else is either done by Mercury Filmworks in Canada or Toon City & Snipple in The Philippines.
Most of the Fox shows jump to Freeform while The Simpsons jumps to ABC.
The Owl House is the soul exception as thats done between Dr.Movie, Mua Film (formally known as Moi Animation) and Studio Mir (they fired the old Korean studios on it because they were that shitty, explaining the delay to 2020).
Focus is now on Disney Interactive (The Legend of The Three Caballeros).

They get Simpsons.

Because my stock margins

>company relies on advertising
obviously the best thing to do to get new customers is put our content behind a pay wall and force them to pay additional money to buy our content that also has ads because its just SOOOOO good and special and they totally won't go for the path of least resistance

>effort costs money
>companies would rather circle the drain with half assed piecemeal efforts and bleed stockholder money than invest

or maybe they just don't fucking bother with female shows and assume girls will watch anything because its "girly"

so, they're going to kill all the traditional avenues of distribution, and then they expect people to buy their seperate packages or streaming services to get the shows they want?

Not with The Owl House, Disney delayed it so that they can not only fix it, but give it to the best studios South Korea has (Dr.Movie, Mua Film (formally known as Moi Animation) and Studio Mir), it's the first time in years that Disney TV Animation put in effort and money into something (Caballeros is Disney Interactive and The Owl House costs more per episode).

Eventually yes, the big 3 (NBC, CBS & ABC) will still be around however.

"We'll launch our own service and get the billions of dollars we deserve for paul blart: mall cop 2"

Creativity takes more than effort. They literally erode novelty for the sake of profit without plowing the fields or seeding the crop for the next generation. Eventually you end up with no capacity for originality because 80% of the audience feels like they understand everything already.

Familiarity breeds contempt.

WHY COULD OUR NETWORKS BE FAILING?!!?!?!?!??!!?!?!?!??!!?!?!?!??!!?!?!?!??!!?!?!?!??!!?!?!?!??!!?!?!?!??!!?!?!?!??!!?!?!?!??!!?!?!?!??!!?!?!?!??!!?!?!?!??!!?!?!?!??!!?!?!?!?

Attached: 8f4.png (1198x1203, 304K)

IT MUST BE AN ALT-RIGHT INCEL CONSPIRACY!!!!!

Attached: 5d1.png (1198x1203, 403K)

CHILDREN! CHILDREN! YOU NEED TO DOWNLOAD OUR NEW STREAMING SERVICE WITH TONS OF ADS AND MICROTRANSACTIONS OH GOD PLEASE WE'RE LITERALLY DYING

Attached: corporate_suicide.png (1198x1203, 331K)

>I post the same 2017 pics and write in capital letters while saying "incels!!"
>I'm so cool

Attached: tumblr_po83hf437U1w60vv7o1_1280.png (1212x1201, 347K)

congrats now it's just TTG AND total drama shit

GOOD. FINALLY SOME JUSTICE

>Inb4 studios just keep dishing out shit because executives/investors are gigantic Yea Forums manchildren who love pretending they're good at making cartoons.

Attached: 7148884279_467385c024.jpg (500x403, 108K)

>Disney Jr dies off
You're fucking retarded and I don't think you know how much money these early childhood networks earn through merchandise MMC and that fucking Doc Mcstuffins show make major bank still and you didn't even mention Nick Jr another titan in the field

>I'll post a schedule which still has only four shows dominating the whole block and pretend that this means CN is doing fine!
>OH NO THE INCELS ARE ONTO US!!!!
Meanwhile in 2006.

Attached: cq7zj8eldyez.jpg (1063x858, 613K)

Here is your (you)

Attached: 2006 CN.jpg (490x1008, 107K)

Only as a channel, the DisChan block will still live on.

Any questions? Any questions at all CN shill? I said: "Do you have any questions for why your dogshit network filled with retards is dying"?

Huh?

You seem pretty fucking quiet all of the sudden.
I am asking you

Do you have any questions why kids networks are dying? Because you got really fucking quiet all of the sudden.

Attached: 2005.png (545x586, 286K)

>A list with well over two dozen shows airing in the same day.
>is comparable to this barely a half-dozen shows for the whole week
Are you retarded or are you unable to count?

Those are fakes you fucking retard
>CN shill
Fucking kid

Attached: firefox_2019-03-14_08-35-46.png (666x161, 10K)

Nah. 90s was better.

..Are you agreeing with me or not? That's a pretty good spread of episodes for a single day.

>Fucking kid
Now I am questioning your age, CN executive. I'm also questioning your ethnicity, grades in school, your voice, your looks, your cock size.

Are you gay? Are you lacking any substances in your brain? Has your father recently passed away and left you with all his money which you have no idea what to do with it?

Fuck off CN shill, even your list for a single day has more variety than modern CN has for a whole week You are fucking retarded.

CARTOONS ARE DOING FINE! DON'T LOOK AT THIS IMAGE, IT IS CIS-MISOGYNIST PROPAGANDA MADE BY INCELS!!!

Attached: large.jpg (500x647, 215K)

8-9 shows per day. Other weeks air more. It's shit but not as bad as you say.

>8-9 of the SAME SHOW per day.
That is miserable, especially when the shows are repeated day after day. That's a terrible bar to set.
CN has a content problem and there's no real denying it.

The content problem is a thing because they release and/or dump new cartoons and rerun old ones in Boomerang instead of CN. You fuse both and you fix the problem.

Bingo

Meant for

*buys legacy content and IP, doesn't create new content, third parties begin to flood the market crowding them out, company becomes worthless*

and customers are incentivized to do this why?

*youtube, vimeo, twitch, video games, dvds, netflix, amazon don't exist in the CEOs mind*

*growth strategy*

Attached: 071[1].png (500x454, 153K)

They'll have no choice

>Networks produce horrible shit
>Kids stop watching TV
>Neckbeards complain that kids have shit taste and short attention spans

Kids aren't really much dumber than we used to be. It's just that Team Overnite 2 and retards on youtube are much better a spectacle than sensationless, simplistic, samey shows written by people whose only skill is networking or dykes who can't relate to boy interests.

so, I care enough about spongebob to pay $15 a month?

Yep

"Because they have to"
>X1
>X2
>X3
>X4
>X5
>Bankrupt

>Disney channel is commercial free

Wait... what? The Mouse has become that powerful....

DisChan has always been like that.

These channels cannot hope to compete with the sheer volume of disposable sensory-overloading entertaiment available literally everywhere, so they should invest in quality content instead. They'll still lose money but at least it wasn't completely wasted.

Why would I do that when I just plan on flipping my stock?

At this point they're trying to cut their losses. Spend as little money as possible to keep the network functioning on a shoestring budget so they don't lose as much as they would if they actually invested into money into it.

To be honest I don't think they'd get something high quality at this point even if they invested the money. The industry is far too "clique"-y for any talented new blood. You'd just get a whole lot of mediocrity.

companies asking artists to do more and more work with smaller and smaller budgets

just like the comic/videogame/movie/tv/whatever industry

>Not naming it Golden Week.

>watching an episode of Adventure Time
>watching a cool looking hero killing a cool looking dragon on the internet or
>killing it themselves if they got a console
What would kids do? youtu.be/P8rDKn3cXMI

Attached: Midir.jpg (1024x516, 86K)

It wouldn't be like this if they had better shows. Nintendo had its dark age with the live action shit, nickelodeon over relied on sponge Bob for a decade and I'm not even gonna talk about Disney. No wonder they're trying to pander to the fans of their most successful eras as of late.

It's due to budget and execs being risk averse and having more competition for the attention of kids as time goes on. Network tv in general took a huge hit with youtube be becoming more common kids keep playing video games. They refuse to rework their business model and aim to cut corners.

I never would have guessed Nickelodeon was on top. The only thing they have is SpongeBob.

Only in America. They love nick's shitty live action sitcoms.

Grizz is the best, bakas.

Where is Disney XD?

> Studio Mir (they fired the old Korean studios on it because they were that shitty, explaining the delay to 2020).

I don't care what your feelings are about Voltron, but I'm always rooting for Studio Mir.

Never forget

Attached: Nostalgiatv3.jpg (4005x3628, 3.98M)

Cartoon channels lack variety in their programming. Endless blocks of the same four shows airing endlessly with only one or two episodes of something new airing at midnight is no way to run a channel.

Attached: CNSCHEDULE2003.jpg (939x981, 530K)

Shout out to the canadian CN that fell harder and faster than anyone realized

Attached: YTV.png (1438x1855, 3.71M)

So when are they gonna start appealing to the edgy teen demographic again like they did in the late 90s and early 2000s? Those are the ones who still use the online services.

Attached: 1551415355711.png (796x564, 149K)

>all that white space under Disney Channel
>no W.I.T.C.H.
This triggers me more than I thought it could.

A lot of these didn't air in CN

Not really a surprise. And no, it's not just because television as a whole is dying due to streaming (it is a major factor, though)

How many good shows are actually aired on all three networks combined? How many good shows have actually come out in the last 5 years from these networks?

Almost none. Why would you want to sit through boring garbage to get to one show that has a small sliver of quality? You can skip all that shit and watch whatever the fuck you want online.

Hell, this isn't just the kids networks, ALL channels have waves of shit with one gold nugget at the bottom of it.

Steven Universe. She-Ra. HoneySpice. Adventure Time.

>TTG and Total Drama

But Gumball airs way more than TD and sometimes has even more airtime than TTG.

CN has more variety today than it did in 2017, but it's definitely not as much variety as they had 10 years ago.
Teen Titans, Gumball and apparently Total Drama are the only franchises that get decent airtime.

>good shows
we're still talking about channels that have little kids as their main target demographics, right?

A show can be made for kids AND be good, you know that right? CN has targeted mostly to kids for its entire lifespan.

>farscape and buffy on a kids channel
the fuck canada? were they edited?

Streaming kids shows will be amazing. Basically all of the shitty live action shows are going to die after nobody watches them while every kid tunes into shows they like now that they aren't trapped in a single time slot with no reruns.

And if you want to count anime
>Jojo
>Dragon Ball Super
>MHA
>Hunter x Hunter
>Tokyo Ghoul
>Kill la Kill
>Sword Art Online
>Attack on Titan
>Space Dandy
>One-Punch Man
>Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood

Attached: The 2010s.jpg (5500x4520, 3.63M)

No, they were just part of a similar Adult Swim called Vortex that aired anime and T rated sci fi shows.

it doesnt need to be good to be popular with kids

Part of the problem is that boys stop watching cartoons at younger ages than girls. They move onto video games and anime. Girls are willing to watch cartoons a bit longer and their purchasing habits are different hence networks catering towards girls, they just don't know how to market themselves to boys well.

Honestly a part of the problem is that networks have kneecapped themselves in terms of making content boys would like. So I do agree with you on that. Boys would rather watch action cartoons than comfy comedies but American networks are just too reticent to actually make the sort of action cartons boys would enjoy for fear of parental backlash. Why watch the neutered action of an American action toon when you can watch anime?

Good. On demand is the future. Cable is a cancer that needs to be cut out. I spent a great deal of my childhood in front of the TV waiting for my favorite show to come on. Now I can watch what I want and go do something else.

Sure, kids are "off playing Fortnite" but they're getting a lot more Fortnite done than the kids of the last generation did.

>Farscape

Godly taste.

>Part of the problem is that boys stop watching cartoons at younger ages than girls.

I would think this would be reversed. There's a lot more social pressure on girls to stop watching cartoons than boys

What pressure?

I'm just speaking anecdotally, but the women I've talked to face much more social pressure to do something productive with their lives, even from an early age. I can count on one hand the number of women I know that play video games. Why do you think sewing and crochet are so popular among women? It's a hobby that's seen as "productive" so they can get away with it. Maybe this is a difference between millennials and the generation after them but that's what I've found

The old studios that were supposed to do The Owl House were said to be Rough Draft, Sugarcube and SMIP, what came back from those South Korean studios was so horrific the Disney fired Sugarcube (Star is ending it's production anyway) and SMIP and kept Rough Draft reserved on The Simpsons due to the Fox buyout (they would of fired them otherwise), Disney replaced them with Studio Mir, Dr.Movie and Mua Film (formally known as Moi Animation).

>Disney
>Studio Mir

is there gonna be any problems with Disney using them? I know Studio Mir is the House That Avatar Built and they probably got a pretty sweet deal with Netflix.

Attached: voltron and his paladins.jpg (1280x720, 180K)

Fortnite is fucking fun. This is one of those rare mega-popular things that actually deserves to succeed. I am happy for the kids of today that one of their biggest hobbies is actually something that legitimately rocks, instead of being something weak compared to all the classics of the 90s.

But yeah, there's also no reason to waste time watching stuff like Cartoon Network when Netflix exists. No commercials, plenty of episodes... streaming services are just plain better for kids. Funny how things have changed because I remember CN did try some streaming stuff like Toonami Jetstream in the mid 2000s and it completely flopped. Guess it just wasn't the right time back then.

Mir right now is doing Koji and those people were at JM when Avatar was being made, it's why Dr.Movie and Mua Film was brought in by Disney, Mir can't do all the episodes because they're already doing Koji.
youtube.com/watch?v=CurciFKenEg

Pressure to grow up. It's fine for teenage boys to watch The Simpsons & Family Guy, but girls who do that are weird.

True, but that goes for any form of entertainment. Rick and Morty is popular among adults and edge lords, but I wouldn't call it a good show.

holy shit shut the fuck up you spammed this in a previous thread and no one bought it, stop trying to pass off your bullshit as facts

>The Simpsons
Only the first 8 seasons.
>Family Guy
Only the first 3 seasons

The fact is that normies both male and female want Looney Tunes and MGM cartoons, not zombie Simpsons and zombie Family Guy.

Gee, I fucking wonder why

Attached: never forget.jpg (1280x720, 322K)

That came from another thread.
It's legit, otherwise explain why Craig McCracken left Disney and jumped ship to Netflix?
It's because of the Fox buyout and that Craig and his unit were replaced by Seth MacFarlane.
Thats why.

That's much better you know

Attached: 1550530639103.jpg (1096x1068, 85K)

Already confirmed it's going to be rebranded to the Marvel Channel soon enough, it already happened in India

>used to leave the TV on Cartoon network in the BG all day
>Teen Titans GO becomes a thing
>Tv is now on a different channel or off completely

When you make your channels as repugnant as possible, it's no god damned surprise. It's not even just that GO is bad, it's that it's ALWAYS fucking on. I use satellite so I get 2 different cartoon network timezones, and it's normal for GO to be on both channels at once. That's insane, I couldn't stand it so I bailed.

Attached: 76051584774281.jpg (900x302, 144K)

Which one? Disney XD or Disney Jr? I know Disney XD became Universal Kids in some markets.

What's the point? They canceled all the Marvel shows.

And what country is that? People here don't care if a woman work, breed or become a neet

The United States and Canada for starters.

Yeah they aired other shows like Inuyasha in that block.

This. TTG's worst crime was being overtired.
There's only so many times I can hear a theme song and see the same visual style before I get sick of it, and that goes for anything I watch. Whether it be TV, YouTube or streaming services.

Streaming is getting huge in popularity, but it could end up turning into a bubble if they're not careful.
Sure, a netflix subscription is WAY cheaper than cable. But streaming is falling victim to its own popularity; everyone wants a piece of it, and pretty much every new show or studio wants their own streaming service. If every new show that comes out has its own streaming service that it exclusively airs on, it's going to do very poorly since nobody wants to pay 20 bucks per show they want to watch.

*overaired
fuck autocorrect who the fuck invented it

anime and streaming is the future....oh man...

This is the biggest problem I have with streaming. That'd be like instead of paying a cable bill for all channels, you had to pay the same bill for each individual channel.

Streaming will end up as cable
>basic plan: netflix + Hulu
>Standard: netflix + Hulu + Amazon + Warner + Disney
>Premium: everything else

youtube.com/watch?v=71_wKR73rWA

i miss saturday morning blocks

Number

Judging by the infographic itself, I wouldn't too surprised if Verizon were the ones to buy the merged CBS/Viacom. They did have interest in buying CBS in the past.

KIDS don’t watch tv anymore.

They own the majority of it. and one would presume they would attempt to buy the rest of the company from WB and Universal

Verizon said they don't want to be a media conglomerate.

>It’s probably no surprise that the kid-targeted networks are being hurt the most as a new generation of kids ignore linear TV to either watch YouTube videos, play Fortnite, or binge TV on one of the streaming services

Oh it's not just that, it's also responsible parents like me who don't let their progeny watch brainwashing.

Nick does not seem to give any fucks and has not since at least 08 or so. They just sort of crap out something and cover it with Spongebob reruns from 02 and leave things where they are. It has been their main plan for a decade now.

Yea then they decided to not give a shit and rely on rerunning 2-3 shows all day and night forever and ever. Never make anything new when Spongebob reruns are good enough.

To be fair, both 90's and up to 2007 was the Golden Era for Nick.

which ones?

Animaniacs, Taz-Mania, Freakazoid, Yugioh, pre-Justice League DCAU and others were "The WB" shows

Children nowadays don't have the free time to watch cartoons on television. They're getting shuttled to school, practice, and have to deal with a hyper competitive atmosphere because districts want results. Ract To the Top, and No Child Left Behind pretty much fucked up the free time that children have. They can only watch shows on the internet because it's easy.

Really? Where I live Nick has always been public television.

TV is dogshit when zoomers have been browsing youtube since they were 6

>districts want results.
I work in education, this is the opposite of what happened. Standards just got lower and lower.

Even if kids had free time it would all go to Fortnite anyway.

and then Nickelodeon sped up Seasons 1-3 and then Seasons 4-9 of SpongeBob to a speed even faster than PAL/SECAM (while keeping the pitch normal), also being very inconsistent (some scenes are even faster than others) and trimming minor black screen scenes (usually sound effects/sound effect trails or music trails) at the beginning and end that weren't already cut (in some cases entire lines on black screens are cut like "Don't push your luck boy" and "Oh my aching tentacles".)

What is so great about Fornite? Don't give me meme answers like ZOOMERS

Why is Minecraft so great? Who knows why kids like the things they like.

It combines the PvP aspect of PUBG and the building aspect of Minecraft, and has bright, cartoony visuals.

>but what the fuck are Nick and CN going to do??
Viacom is actually working with a lot of the streaming services, including Apple's new service, Netflix, fubo and Amazon Prime and even creating original content for them. Instead of fighting streaming companies, it's embracing them and creating shows for the "enemy". Viacom is a content creator, it's creating content and not shunning the streamers. It also purchased PlutoTV and works with Philo.

>reuters.com/article/us-viacom-results/viacoms-netflix-deal-highlights-content-strategy-earnings-mixed-idUSKCN1PU19N

>businesswire.com/news/home/20181114005851/en/Amazon-Prime-Video-Signs-Deal-Viacom-International

>rapidtvnews.com/2018121254465/viacom-expands-multi-platform-distribution-with-amazon-across-europe-africa.html#axzz5iC5AntaC

>fiercevideo.com/video/viacom-has-plans-for-more-direct-to-consumer-streaming-products

>reuters.com/article/us-apple-media/apple-aims-for-april-launch-of-tv-service-with-cbs-viacom-and-starz-idUSKCN1Q22XX

>tvrev.com/viacom-pluto-tv-acquisition-streaming-video-ads-what-does-it-mean/

>forbes.com/.../viacom-pluto-acquisition-streaming-video-free-services/

Viacom is also working with digital advertising and is a major player in that multibillion dollar enterprise.

jetix was pretty popular too, until it was absorved and no one cared about what ever replaced it, was it disney xd?

>tfw wathing oban Star-Racers, Dave el Barbaro and Power Ranger SPD on Jetix
The comfy days. What went wrong?

I like his extroverted nature. And he's a movie snob, so we could chill forever. He's 10/10. Panda is a canon 6.

That's still a dozen shows in total, three of them appearing more than 10% through the entire week.
This is a problem. Compare that to , that number of shows in a single day evenly spaced out.

shit man
i remember when CN had a huge johnny quest marathon for the old cartoon. like every episode 24/7 til it was over.

Pretty sure that's what Viacom is trying to avoid in the first place

Maybe Lionsgate? I thought I heard something about them having some close partnership already so

Why are standards getting lower?

Fortnite is fun and colorful. Cartoons are just boring as fuck and made by suburban kids.

Influx of immigrants and mutts

Maybe if they'd stop trying to play it so goddamn safe and never show anything with some spine or edge to it people would pay attention.

They haven't produced content that's worth watching hence people not watching.

Maybe get off your dead asses, hire some talent, leave them the fuck alone so they can exercise it, and sit back in your leather chairs to make more than those creators do in a lifetime in a few months when people see something that distracts them from this living hell for a few moments.

Disney XD

it's because Disney treated Craig like shit and cancelled his show

AHORA: LOS PADRINOS MAGICOS
A CONTINUACION: LOS PADRINOS MAGICOS
DESPUES: NOCHE MAGICA

Those traits you just described are seen in most men who swim in pussy.

DONT TELL THEM THE SECRET

I see.
No, Craig had another show in the works at Disney but he got laid off and replaced with Seth MacFarlane due to the Fox buyout as his shows make money while Craig's shows at Disney did not.
Craig then took what he was working on at Disney to Netflix and thats what happen.

Good luck getting those companies to work together

yes, television

no, it really isnt.

fortnite is addictive. try quitting for a week.

i've played vidya my whole life, every console. nothing was as addictive as fortnite. maybe candy crush or flappy bird or angry birds got close. but fortnite is killer.

try it. i bet you cant stop for 1 week.

I have never played fortnite and I am sure it's more fun than DOTA which is what I played for years, anything is more fun than DOTA. But it looks like absolutely random nonsense. You jump from a plane onto a map and then... shoot at people while you build things? Why do you build things?

You build things for cover. The map doesn't have much going on for it so it expects you to build forts. Dota2 and Apex are better.

So it's just some free for all deathmatch? That sounds insanely dull compared to shit like Unreal Tournament 2004

>wahhh my church
>wahhh my male values

That's why.

Well, at least in Germany the channel itself is pretty small. Nick usually hovers at around 0.1-0.2 millions and rarely goes even as high as 0.3, while Disney, Super RTL and Kika usually have at least one airing that scratches or breaks the 0.5 during daytime.

This is CN Asia

Attached: tumblr_pocvpkNW9r1wt12iuo1_1280.png (1280x1637, 1.14M)

Wait, has Koji secured investors?

surprised Nickelodeon's ratings are still this high after Nickelodeon sped up Seasons 1-3 and then Seasons 4-9 of SpongeBob to a speed even faster than PAL/SECAM (while keeping the pitch normal), also being very inconsistent (some scenes are even faster than others) and trimming minor black screen scenes (usually sound effects/sound effect trails or music trails) at the beginning and end that weren't already cut (in some cases entire lines on black screens are cut like "Don't push your luck boy" and "Oh my aching tentacles".) (I already mentioned this before) It really makes you wonder why more and more newer episodes of SpongeBob are coming to air on Nicktoons regularly now.

Attached: PTDC0015 (18).jpg (4608x3456, 2.82M)

>Lime green on green
>Green on lime green
What fucking retard made this chart? How the fuck am I supposed to read this?

That is just what happens if you fill up all your studios with men hating feminist eventhrough a huge part of your audience are supposed to be boys

Supernoobs and Oggy and the Cockroaches are on those squares.

>WBB their most popular show
God bless Asia.

This is what happens when you don't take your meds. Nothing said they hate men. Even Steven Universe is a show about how a planet of females is fucking awful and they need to be fucked into being decent, if not just shown the way by the male influence of a kid raised by a single father. AT had Finn only take a backseat at the last episode. WBB is about men.

>So it's just some free for all deathmatch?

Yes