Noah Hawley Shares Details About Marvel’s Gestating DOCTOR DOOM Movie

>The story would take place in Doctor Doom’s country of Latveria and be a "kind of Cold War, geopolitical movie." After 10 years of mostly isolation, Doom would invite a female journalist to go in and share Doom’s message to the world. "Is he a good person or bad person?" Hawley said. "We don’t know anything about him."

>Recently, Hawley said, he met with Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige, who asked him if he was still working on the projext. Hawley told Feige he should read it, but he said Feige has not called him back about the script. "I would love to make it," Hawley said. "Marvel, they’ve got a 25,000-year plan. I just don’t know if I fit into there."

deadline.com/2019/03/noah-hawley-marvel-doctor-doom-movie-kevin-feige-sxsw-1202574625/

Attached: Doom.jpg (1280x853, 101K)

they could use Books of Doom and Triumph and Torment, but nobody knows what Feige want ....

>Dr Doom before F4
That's stupid, Marvel is going full DCEU

Lets be honest, more people care about Doom than the F4 themselves.

But that's because GotG, they can put the FF there now

I hope that Doom goes omnipotent so that we get the free shitposting pass

Are we actually getting a doctor doom movie, that would be sick.

Gay
MUH DEPTH
MUH PATHOS
MUH SAD ORIGIN

Fuck that stupid bullshit.
Give us the DOOM that comic geeks have been thinking is cool for amost 30 damned years now.
Hell have BP and Stark talk about Latveria and how they should leave well enough alone.

Fuck the MCU. I would undo the FOX buyout just to get this movie if I could.

Attached: doom2.jpg (1061x1500, 1.2M)

I literally cannot imagine what that would do to this board.
God I hope it happens.

I wonder if people would make a copypasta based on the "apex of writting" bullshit

NO NO NO

My points are valid! Doom is a badly-written character! Namor sucks! If I haven't read something, it must be bad! WAAAAA

Attached: Tommymad.png (296x279, 170K)

Where did Doom retards get this idea tgat he is popular?

Doom sells less than Deathstroke, Red Hood and Aquaman.

>Last King of Scotland with Doom
interesting.

Attached: 1523767327315.png (800x450, 660K)

Will we ever get a Doom 2099 movie though?

>25,000-year plan

Attached: stark realization walker.gif (631x325, 2.23M)

I just hope y'all fags remember all caps when you spell the man's name.

Honestly, I like Hawley's idea, but I think he's taking the wrong approach.

>Legion creator Noah Hawley still doesn’t know when, or if, his Doctor Doom movie will become a reality. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Hawley was asked about the script by Marvel Studios boss Kevin Feige but has yet to hear back.

>This week at SXSW, Hawley revealed that Feige had asked him if he was still working on the script, to which he replied: “Should I still be working on it?” Apparently, he’s still waiting for a definitive answer.

The correct answer to that question is "Yes, I'm still working on it, I'd still like to make it, when can we meet so I can pitch you my version?" He seems like he doesn't want to push for it if there's a chance they say it won't want it in their universe, but he's the one with this project, so he's the one that needs to convince them that the universe they're building needs his DOOM movie.

>Recently, Hawley said, he met with Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige, who asked him if he was still working on the projext. Hawley told Feige he should read it, but he said Feige has not called him back about the script.

Hawley, you're too good for the MCU. They don't want auteurs, they just want their name. Anything you thought you'd be able to make for FOX, you will not be able to make for Disney's Marvel. Don't let what happened to Lord and Miller or Edgar Wright happen to you. Just finish Legion and keep Fargo going.

everybody knows who Doom is and he is memed as one of Marvel's best villains
it doesn't really matter what the comic sales are

Feige can't reply to him till the Fox deal is done.

Feige cannot give an answer to Hawley until the merger is officially done.

This might be a weird idea but I feel like Doom would work really well as a villain in a Black Panther movie. Both Doom and T'Challa are rulers of their countries and have really advanced technology. Some kind of Latverian attack on Wakanda and a battle of wits between the two leaders would be cool to see.

Feige will never let it happen in a billion years. I'd rather just cancel it than get some truncated quip filled half assed version co-directed by a hack yes man.

>It's just The Dictator
>Shows Doom's utopia in a bad light because Americuck audiences can't admit democracy isn't good

Attached: Sacha-Baron-Cohen-the-dictator-2012-oscars-485x323.jpg (455x322, 36K)

Do you really think that Fox was really going to make this movie?

Or more like Feige responding to anything having to do with Doom, F4 or X-Men would be literally illegal until the merger is over

Why not? It's the reason we're talking about it. They made Logan and Deadpool.

>Logan
Because ending a 17 year legacy on it's most popular actors is actually something financially beneficial
>Deadpool
The only reason that movie got made is because Ryan leaked the test footage, you know as well as I do that he had to literally fight for that to get made.

Do I need to remind you that there were literally 3 previous F4 movies by Fox?

Nothing you said refutes the point that the company that made Logan and Deadpool could make a DOOM movie.

Nowhere does it say Marvel is going to do a Doom movie.

Did you even read OPs quote? Feige won’t even call this guy back

Because why would they make a Doom movie? Why do you think THIS would be what they would hinge the next iteration on F4 on when there have been 3 Dooms before?

>Why do you think THIS would be what they would hinge the next iteration on F4 on when there have been 3 Dooms before?

This is a non sequiter. Why not? I have no idea what you're trying to say.

I'm trying to say that if the same studio couldn't figure out how to do a Gambit movie, I don't see why they would be in a rush to do Doom or even allow Doom to happen.

And even if it did happen, how do you know they wouldn't get their fingers in it like Fant4stic?

Again. Because Logan and Deadpool

>The story would take place in Doctor Doom’s country of Latveria and be a "kind of Cold War, geopolitical movie." After 10 years of mostly isolation, Doom would invite a female journalist to go in and share Doom’s message to the world. "Is he a good person or bad person?" Hawley said. "We don’t know anything about him."
So it's Books of Doom. For ten years I've said that's what they should do for a Doom movie.

I don't see anything Dr. Doom becoming omnipotent, does this guy even understand the character.

I thought this got killed along with the Gambit and Multiple Man movies when the FOX - Disney thing happened.

I think this writer fails to answer an important question, namely whether Doom becomes OMNIPOTENT and reaches THE APEX OF WRITING!?

That's only because F4 has terrible public recognition due to like 30 years of shitty movies.

>it doesn't really matter what the comic sales are
It is the only thing that matters?

So, why Marvel's BEST VILLAIN EVAH can't even outsell Deathstroke? Doesn't it seen odd to you?

sounds like Interviews with a Vampire, either will be amazing or fujoshit

Possible to do both. A doom film about journalist invited for doom to show his changes. And military allowing grants to mr.fanastic if he accompany the journalist on the trip.
Reed says yes if he can bring his family, gets grant.
Dr.doom has sinister plans but film has other villians with the 4 looking like heroes, doom looking weak (no global treat/part of his plan) but showcasing his tech on an international level.

APEX
OF
WRITING

and the F4 sells even less

>Triumph and Torment

My nigga. Best possible Doom story for cinema.

Attached: 1309999277212.jpg (1645x2238, 366K)

>Noah Hawley
Shit, could this be the first goold Marvel movie in a decade?

>and the F4 sells even less
Why are you Doomfags such liars? And such shitty ones at that?

Fantastic Four sells better than Deathstroke. Dr. Doom sells worse than Deathstroke. Therefore, Fantastic Four sells better than Doom.

What happened? Did you burn all your neurones reading stories about Dr. Doom becoming omnipotent?

>America
>Democracy
laughs in gerrymander

They could just make it a Doctor Strange movie. It'd be a great way to introduce Doom without having to also introduce the F4.
I wouldn't mind if they just copied all the scenes out of the comic.

>>The story would take place in Doctor Doom’s country of Latveria and be a "kind of Cold War, geopolitical movie." After 10 years of mostly isolation, Doom would invite a female journalist to go in and share Doom’s message to the world. "Is he a good person or bad person?" Hawley said. "We don’t know anything about him."
That already sounds like Books of Doom.

If they were going to do a solo villain movie it might as well be Doom

Dictadorship is worse and for cucks that want to be someone official slave, you are literally forced to admit that the Superme leader is your master and you are literally his bitch.

What's the matter, Tommy? Mad that your most recent thread hasn't gotten any replies yet?

>25000 year plan

Attached: 59671f48f3906.jpg (370x283, 76K)

lol will Tommy finally end himself when this will make one billion?

That sounds great.

What is the matter with you? You love Dr. Doom so much that someone on the internet not loving Dr. Doom the way you do bothers you?

Look at this thread, dude. Filled with people like you, that believe that Dr. Doom is the best-written character in all fiction and that Doom becoming omnipotent every year is the apex of literature. You are amongst your folk. Aren't you satisfied with that? One person not sucking Doom's cock like you and your friends do ruins your happiness?

Oh, Tommy. I don't even like Doom (I'm a Master of the World fan all the way). What I DO love is seeing you pissed enough to post your never-changing diatribe.

You won't believe me anyway because you ignore anything that doesn't fit in your autistic worldview. So keep thinking I'm one of those dumb retarded Doomfags you want to murder so badly.

No one cares about Richards.
Richaaaaaards.....

Attached: doom-blockin.gif (94x135, 3K)

aye whats some good doom comics to get into?

All Doom comics are the same shit: DR DOOM BECOMES OMNIPOTENT OMG. If you read one of them, you have read them all.

So just pick a random Dr. Doom story and read it. They are all the same anyway.

Tom waits for Mephisto please.

Given how aggressively Disney/Marvel has been courting the Chinese market, would the MCU ever even touch Mephisto?