obligatory
>where do you think you are

youtube.com/watch?v=yWd4mzGqQYo

>It's a "THISS IS ANIMU WEBSITE!!!" documentary rerun
>The same one that's factually incorrect

>THISS IS ANIMU WEBSITE!
But it is

Late Afternoon hit me way harder and was better overall, imo

Your era died years ago gramps. Things change.

This shit is really fucking stupid. It pretends your dreams are achievable with hard work when any work of interest requires nepotism or extreme luck. Stupid cunts trying to up the homeless rate by making kids chase deadends. Fuck this and fuck those that push this idea.

consider seeing a therapist

Attached: 1402504969697.jpg (500x628, 149K)

I'm sure its a lot easier to tell yourself that the reason you never accomplished anything is because you never could have succeeded in the first place. The reality is you never accomplished anything because you convinced yourself not to try and declared that a sort of victory.

But you miss 100% of the shots you don't take, user. And if you put in the work for your dreams and fall short of them, you usually still have a lot of useful skills you gained along the way. Every astronaut that flunked out of NASA was still some of the top of their field when they went in, and just because they didn't go to space doesn't wash away the rest of their accomplishments.

Oh I have, but it wasn't for having a sense of reality instead of blind optimism.
I bet all those directors and actors that never broke into the industry sure are doing well. Oh wait, when you dedicate years and years to a specific talent and they don't allow you into their circlejerk, you've wasted a fair portion of your life for nothing.

failed wanna-be astronauts don't end up homeless. they're gonna end up as scientists, engineers, or pilots.

>Being physically fit means you're qualified to be a scientist, engineer or pilot
The high academic portion of the short was a load of shit. It's not a requirement. Plenty of dumb muscle were astronauts and failing to qualify for the position means you can't fall back on the other careers you listed.

the "dumb muscle" were usually pilots; in the air-force primarily.

>just because they didn't go to space doesn't wash away the rest of their accomplishments.

while true, the fact is:
> everyone dreams about being the person going to other planets
> no one dreams about being the person building the space ship that gets used to reach other planets

it's the exact same shit as wishing for more women in STEM but taking gender studies courses instead.

When you're trying to be an astronaut, they quite literally do look for the best person for the job. Meaning it's one of the few fields where hard work CAN land you the job.

NASA doesn't send their fucking friend's kid to space because someone there owes them a favor.

>I bet all those directors and actors that never broke into the industry sure are doing well
If your dream is to be a director or actor, anyone can fucking do it. The RedLetterMedia guys are very success despite never even setting foot in the industry.

These "my dream is" only become a problem when your dream depends on others to make them come true rather than depending on yourself. IE: "It's my DREAM to have a show on Nickelodeon!" vs. "It's my DREAM to have my own show!". The latter can be accomplished via web series, such as Homestar or Brackenwood.

haven't seen one of these images in years

And/or not every hall of famer (choose which sport) won a championship.

Good lord did I accidentally click on reddit???

Why the fuck were people so triggered by this guys post? For the most part, he's right.

I spent half the time figuring out if she was Asian or Hispanic until they started eating.

The real lesson is to start fathering child earlier than 55 because you will die.

I’m fucking depressed now, thanks a lot

Who took their picture?

People don't want to think their achievements are not 100% the result of their wonderful personality. Keeping up the illusion of the american dream, the belief in some higher justice etc.

Another user, but the reality is simply I always failed in everything. People who always succeed can't even begin to understand it when you give everything and still fail miserably. They like to think the world is just and everyone gets what they deserve. Well it isn't the case. Accepting the truth just stops extra suffering.

Also the Nasa theme is obviously there to inspire in general. They don't really mean women can achieve anything on their own. The only reason they are allowed in the program is to fill quotas. Looks great but like in every really important job women are the worst choices because their inferior physique.

Attached: good enough.jpg (1723x360, 225K)

When she found that box of shoes, I was kinda hoping the short would pull a Monsters University; let her look for career and happiness in something else than the dream she wanted but didn't have the talents for. Like for example honor her dad's memory by becoming a shoemaker like him, maybe by designing footwear for astronauts, or something.

Attached: 1491813322262.jpg (1328x938, 441K)

>Keeping up the illusion of the american dream, the belief in some higher justice etc.
Nigga, what? The delusion of the average American is the kind of shit from the short this thread is based on. The "you can be whatever you want if you try" bullshit. Why do you think there's a substantial amount of homeless people? You dupe the stupid into pursuing dead-end dreams, when it doesn't work out they have nothing to fall back on and waste away on welfare payments or the sidewalk.

You may misunderstood me. I tried to say people are getting triggered because they want to believe they can achieve impossible things by just working hard enough disregarding everything else.

that was so fucking sweet

Attached: 1552517888310.jpg (542x474, 27K)

I'm gonna watch it and if it's not sad i'm gonna call you a faggot

faggot

>Why do you think there's a substantial amount of homeless people?
Because most of those people are drug addicts and mentally ill you moronic reprobate. You clearly have no idea what the fuck you're talking about.

Attached: 1433431464963.gif (289x149, 333K)

Now, maybe I'm underinformed, but I don't think being an astrophysicist is going to help put you on the moon.
Put other people there, sure, but they want pilots and engineers and such, right? Some various kinds of scientist in the spacelabs, but Astrophysicist are almost purely math, so they don't leave the ground.

/r9k/ pls.

I was kind of expecting that, but i guess the point was she was pushing herself bluntly to be the best instead of being passionate about what she is doing. Notice she wasnt friends with her peers before, miserable and stressed. after shes doing high fives and slowing down to help someone else, and enjoying it instead of just trying too hard. She couldnt do it alone, you could hint that she was studying and working out with her friends.

Its important to know the difference when your passion fuels you and when it blinds you. nobody got nowhere settling for less, but they also knew their limits and how to push to surpass them. she forgot her passion and was pushing herself ragged before she remembered why she was doing it, for her father and all his years of support.
besides, she probably doesnt know her fathers trade anyway and would be even further behind in a career then before.

Attached: 1535921581227.jpg (1280x720, 178K)

Most of the animators are from LA, just china funded.

It was good, I spent 40 minutes autistically writing about the things I liked and didnt, but decided not to post it because I'am fucked in the brain.

thread theme:
youtube.com/watch?v=ijTDZqRAhBk

Another reason why I was hoping for the girl to start studying her dad's trade and carry on in his legacy of shoes is because of how she spent her time before her dad's death. All this time she had a loving father who valued her well-being and wanted to spend time with her; a father she kept ignoring and didn't appreciate until after he was gone. Now it's too late to eat his cooking, or learn to repair shoes together, or just be with him anymore.
I was hoping his death would help the girl realize that she should stop looking at the sky in pursuit of unrealistic goals, and be mindful of more down-to-earth matters instead. Focus on what's right next to you, instead of some distant ambitious dreams that may or may not even be achievable. Something like Coco's message that family is more important than anything else.

But instead, she just got an inspiration boost to keep banging her head against the wall even harder. And that actually worked, which was a sadly generic and sappy way to end the story.

Or maybe you just need to go back.

>But instead, she just got an inspiration boost to keep banging her head against the wall even harder. And that actually worked, which was a sadly generic and sappy way to end the story.
its not that she just "got an inspiration boost", she was banging her head before and after was living life with her peers instead of ignoring them. pay attention to the scenes. they squeeze in a lot in a short time.

and her family was just her dad, and she lost him. she would just be a sadsack living her fathers life, not her own. family is important, but theres a point where you have to leave home for yourself if you want to live your own life.

Attached: Smug Mutta.jpg (528x300, 36K)

>admits to seeing therapist
Let me guess? Something related to autism?

read the biography book Rocket Boys.
watch the movie October Sky

You a election refugee? Majority of us here are not shit-heaps of misery.

What is this?

Baby DVA animated short

I love the epic dichotomy of mainstream media
>you either don't try at all or try and succeed on like the 3rd or the 5th try max
Epic, simply epic. Don't tell me you actually believe this superficial corporate lie.

>Majority of us here are not shit-heaps of misery.
Except they are? This is literally what Yea Forums is all about. If you weren't a shit-heap of misery, normies would like you and you wouldn't need this place.

>>you either don't try at all or try and succeed on like the 3rd or the 5th try max
There's no harm in trying and trying again. Otherwise you're just a guaranteed waste of space. Then what's to stop justified cleansings?

Not that user, but you must be either delusional or very new, possibly both, to believe that the whole Yea Forums in the same.
Boards have different culture and crossing the borders without assimilation is not welcomed.

>WOW THAT TODDLER TEARJERKER IS SOOOO DEEP MAN I NEARLY SPILLED MY AVOCADO LATTE

Attached: just because mods filter the word doesnt mean its not true.gif (413x243, 51K)

Yea Forums isn't like the rest of Yea Forums.

>Retards in space
You're pretty dumb, huh?

it kinda is, but I admire your optimism

The chronically homeless are nearly 100% drug addicts and/or mentally ill.

Over 80% of all homeless are homeless for less than 2 months. Of that 80%, approximately half are children, and most of the other half have either suffered some Act of God that they were unprepared for, such as a house fire, tornado, etc, or else it's usually a matter of structural unemployment, which is relieved through new training.

I'm pretty sure, "Not fulfilling your childhood dream" accounts for approximately 0% of homelessness, especially chronic homelessness. Unless you wanna say that some of the addicts turned to drugs because they couldn't live out their childhood dreams, but I'd still blame the drugs myself.

fffffffffuck but that ending cut where she takes the step was good

>This is literally what Yea Forums is all about
Not anymore.

Man there are some really sad bitter losers on this thread.

Not me and likely others as well. I try to keep a positive mind set

>AVOCADO LATTE
Sounds pretty good actually.

I blame shows like Rick & Morty or House that made idiots think that being a cynical asshole makes them seem "smart".

He's only right if his dreams are incredibly limited and have an insane goal to meet, like, "I want to be the world's most famous actor" instead of, "I want to act".

Even if you get a single job as an actor, you fucking did it.

>Meaning it's one of the few fields where hard work CAN land you the job.
lolno

Becoming an astronaut is 90% genetics.

They looks like latinos.

It's kinda worse and much more susceptible to being baited thanks to you faggots creating a giant god damn bubble where you've convinced yourselves you're better than the rest of Yea Forums. Objectively, the only good boards nowadays are the boards with the hyperdegenerates or hidden boards that the newer crowd won't even touch and thus have remained largely the same. That or slow boards, which Yea Forums isn't exactly slow but it's not as fast as say Yea Forums (though quite possibly dumber, being more likely to respond to shitty bait posts.) It hurts how much you guys respond to bait, please be smarter.

Yea Forums always taking the bait just show this board is full new people.

but how did she pail the bills

kek

Delicious Chinese feet.

Attached: CGI Animated Short Film One Small Step by TAIKO Studios _ CGMeetup.webm_snapshot_02.35_[2019.03.14_0 (2048x872, 875K)

AstroNUT

Besides Chinese Space Rocket Chair Go Go

Would just have her end up dead like the last one.

BAHAHAHAHAHA!

Attached: 1538777137417.jpg (600x600, 31K)

the entire manned space program is there to inspire and fill quotas user

humans don't need to be in space for any of the interesting research to happen

NASA's fake and gay

>round earth

Fucking contrarians

>round earth
l m a o

>and mentally ill
How does that make you homeless? In my country mad people get a pension. Supermad people get a locked room in a facility. They get a supervisor too. Nobody can just throw them on a street.

Is no one going to talk about the style? I'd love an entire movie animated like that

In america the mental healthcare system is largely privatized, meaning that they really don't give a shit about you unless someone is willing to pay them to keep you safe and off the street.

Mentally Ill people that need care generally are not working either, so they dont have health insurance. No one is footing the bill, so the industry doesn't give a fuck.

Mentally Ill people either leave home and don't come back for some crazy reason, or they run out of money because they can't work and end up homeless because they cant pay rent.

Wow it's like they took everything that's guaranteed to make me cry and put it all together. All they needed was a dog somewhere in there and I'd be slitting my wrists.

>normie
Fuck off newfag

how about taiwanese puppet shows?

Attached: DEEPEST BLUE.jpg (852x480, 27K)

are we not going to adress gramps' massive loli foot fetish?

I mean, he is a cobbler. He makes shoes for a living. That's a given.

Attached: idk.jpg (1000x566, 198K)