Rewatches Peter Pan

>rewatches Peter Pan
>realizes how much of a contemptous little shit he is
>roots for Captain Hook to kill him

Jesus why couldnt Hook just win in the end? Its not like Peters a hero.

Attached: DB80DD0E-2D7F-48F3-8A6E-8C708890073D.jpg (1200x800, 48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Pan_in_Scarlet
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Ah, you've finally become Captain Hook.
It's the whole point of the book that when you grow up your perspective on it changes too.
It's a very different book depending on your stage of development.

Kids like Peter Pan, adults know better and understand Captain Hook.
Adults that still root for Peter... Have issues.

Hook sucks, get over it.

Boys we got a pansy over here

It's funny, because the movies softened him a ton, and the original was way darker. Hook was actually introduced into the story later because Pan was too much of a malicious shit.

He was worse in the original book too.

He did not really give a shit of a lost boy died or got maimed. Peter just wanted to have fun.

Sounds very ancap.

But Hook is a pirate. Basically just another type of child who also steals shit and murders people.
Adults should have a Her Majesties Navy expy to relate to, but none such are present in the story.

Peter is the king of the lost boys whose only understanding of women is as mothers. Hook isn't great either though. He's a tyrant whose afraid of the metaphorical representation of time, the crocodile literally ticks, which already has eaten part of him.

Stop starting shit we have enough shit starters this year.

Are you retarded?

>Adults that still root for Peter... Have issues.
Didn't the author of Peter pan have a shit ton of issues though?

Peter Pan diddles children

i love that live action remake when Hook point out that Peter will never know what is the means of feeling a woman , to grow to love to have a family.

shows a sad side of peter story.
be a kids is awesome, but never grow up means lose a lot of even better life experiences.

>using third-person infinitive tense in your greentext story

what a fuckup

Most authors do. Mark Twain's trademark skepticism slowly turned to bitter misanthropy, Edgar Allen Poe was depressed, Lovecraft had panphobia, Steven King an alcoholic, Jk Rowling depression.

Funnily enough, Lewis Carrol was NOT a pedophile. Just weird.

What was wrong with J. M. Barrie?

His older brother who was his mothers favourite died young. Barrie dressed up as him one day to make her happy and she said something to the affect that the consolation of him dying young as at least she'd never have to see him grow up.
Though in the book he never really portrays Peter as a hero but as a completely self centred narcissist who kills the Lost Boys wen they get too old.

Poor guy. It seems like he was alright other than that though, right?

Attached: 1527743608932.jpg (223x226, 18K)

Possibly. The only surviving child of the family that inspired him to write Peter Pan said he never thought J.M Barrie was a paedophile (this guy was surprisingly open about everything else. He admitted to being bisexual in 1910s boarding school in his 70s). But there's sort of a weird sadness over the rest of the family .
>George was killed in WW1
>Jack always hated Barrie for usurping his dead father and sending him off to the Navy
>Peter (who Pan's named after) committed suicide in later life in the midst of writing a family biography and burnt all letters between Barrie and Michael
>Michael who was J. M Barries real favourite was constantly plagued by nightmares about water, and drowned either intentionally or accidentally with someone assumed to be his gay lover.

Attached: ArthurLlewelynDaviesAndSons.jpg (532x465, 181K)

And Hook is the most evil, vile, feared pirate in existence. Peter Pan is not a good person but he has no guidance, no mentor to teach him morality. Hook delights in being a bastard.

Also you're wrong for not rooting for the crocodile.

If we are talking about the play it gets a bit more heady than that, Peter Pan is self destruction of youth and the refusal to accept responsibility. To stay as a child you will be rewarded a life of one with all of the bad that brings. Hook however is the other extreme he fears death and resents the youth lost to him, he fears the clock croc and the sight of his aged blood,his actions are manic because his life is not what he wanted it to be and because of his lost youth, can never be. Both are echos of the dregs that is life, one of fearing growing up, and the other fearing it's end reward. Wendy is the middle ground, the peace of mind one needs to grow up and face it without fear, she is to be the message of the value of enjoying your youth but shouldering responsibility of what needs to be done, to then ensure your life is worth every moment of it so you do not fear it's end. The additional scene carries these ideas and Wendy grows up, has kids and we see a tradition born of Peter taking each generation of Wendy's bloodline to Nederland but them always returning, showing the value of wonderment and play, but not to make it your life.

it just occurred to me typing this that if the play Peter and Wendy was created today their be a serious Captain Marvel shitstorm about it because the whole story is about a woman herself and saving everyone else accept Peter who refuses to be save.

Weird flex but okay

Uh no, user. Because Peter Pan is actually good. Don't try to start this shit.

Note that the book ends with “and thus it will go on, so long as children are gay and innocent and heartless.”

Peter is fun and innocent, but he's basically a bad person with no sense of responsibility. He was always meant to be that way.

The fact you think it could start shit is exactly my point.

>Peter is a protagonist, so that means he must be a good guy!
And Winston Smith really loved Big Brother too.

>Wendy married Tootles and had kids with him
>first encounter with him was being shot at
ha!

Attached: 96fa91b2b21a96eaed66ff53b74f315b.gif (499x374, 471K)

Fuck, I'm an idiot. I thought you meant Peter Pan is a good person, not a good movie.

Attached: bearsmile.png (420x490, 188K)

nah it's understandable, I had to reread it twice as well.

>Jesus why couldnt Hook just win in the end? Its not like Peters a hero.
No. He's cute and I want to swallow his load.

That was really insightful... but you botched it at the end referencing Captain Marvel, the two aren’t really comparable.

I think you misread the statement, he’s not saying Peter Pan the character is good he’s saying the book/movie is good compared to Captain Marvel

>reddit spacing

I'm saying that this outcry culture has made everyone so dumb sensitive, that a women saving the day in current media must always have agendas running with it. I wasn't comparing it to Captain Marvel, I was comparing it to the outcry culture around it where saying you like or dislike media with a women or minority almost certainly rolls in needless arguments about the agenda it may or may not have.

pretty sure user means what we see here and on TV where all it takes is lead female protag and people bleed out from the woodwork's to use it as an excuse to complain

But that isn’t true at all though, there are a ton of movies/books out now with female leads that haven’t caused as much a stir as Captain Marvel

You just had to post this before reading , next time slow down and read the related comments.

Why don’t you take that peace pipe out of your butt?

Didn't he off lost boys that started to grow up?

>ignores Ghostbusters 2016

Attached: 1547439926784.png (540x544, 376K)

You also have Allita, Bumblebee, Mary Poppins, Beauty and the Beast, Wonder Woman, Hunger Games, Halloween, the Nun, The Spy who Dumped Me. All are movies with strong female leads

And none of those had people complaining about them because of having Female Leads

Based and hookpilled

>2019
>niggas still not rooting for Tick Tock

Shaking my head to be honest with you family

Attached: D9C9C0AE-8D8C-448E-BE3A-C92F04254AF5.png (1344x1060, 1.01M)

>And none of those had people complaining about them because of having Female Leads
that is some amazing rewriting of history and user might mean outcry in general, as in saying you don't like it will get you accused of being sexist.

Attached: 1531281529700.jpg (640x480, 61K)

the fact no one has said you should be rooting for Wendy is rather telling of our current state of the sight.

>Beauty and the Beast
>strong female leads
Did you not watch it?

It wasn’t a good movie, but no one was complaining about strong female leads with it, they were however complaining about Fastons henchman being gay

Which ones of those movies was there an outcry about there being a female lead?

I recall a character analysis of Peter Pan that concluded that since Peter had not only never grown up but had been almost exclusively raised by fairies, he was as fae- and CN- to the core as humanly possible. The first movie does a pretty good job of showing this.

All of them.
This site and the men on it are evil and must be castrated.

THE MAIN CHARACTER IS WENDY, DUMBASS

HOOK AND PAN ARE BOTH RIDICULOUS EXTREMES AND WENDY IS THE ONLY ONE WHO ACTUALLY GROWS UP

So... you’re an idiot?

>he was as fae- and CN- to the core as humanly possible
???

Have sex.

>he was as fae
The book at one point makes him a Psychopomp for the souls of children.

Your trolling is piss poor friend, you really need to up your game

Lurk more faggot

Wasn’t he basically a fairy of something so it makes sense that he’s a little bastard

Attached: 3533ED4E-EC60-4E42-8647-48A3BF07A12E.gif (245x138, 840K)

He spent so much time around tink that he probably gained his own magic

Yeah, Peter and Hook were both kind of shit. Locked in a blood feud like it was a game while Wendy knows enough to get the Hell out of Neverland in the end.

>It’s a hookfag thread

Attached: 8CF0E124-5AE9-4851-B48D-1879F70ED39A.jpg (578x312, 65K)

>will never know what is the means of feeling a woman
Yeah it sure sucks to never know what it's like to have a parasite suck you dry

He's more some sort of Avatar for Neverland. The world goes into winter without him physically present.

so spongebob squidward situation?

Why? Is it cursed?

Tink raised him wrong... Possibly because she wanted to fuck him.

It doesn't take a mentor to feel empathy, though. Pan's a fucking faggot as kids go.

Gay-washing of history

If you go by Hook, yes... yes she did

He's like a happy little puppy waiting for his dog food

>Hook sucks, get over it.

Go back to making fun stuff, Steven.

Tink died. and Pan never gave a shit about her.
>“Who is Captain Hook?” he asked with interest when she spoke of the arch enemy.

>“Don't you remember,” she asked, amazed, “how you killed him and saved all our lives?”

>“I forget them after I kill them,” he replied carelessly.

>When she expressed a doubtful hope that Tinker Bell would be glad to see her he said, “Who is Tinker Bell?”

>“O Peter,” she said, shocked; but even when she explained he could not remember.

>“There are such a lot of them,” he said. “I expect she is no more.”

>I expect he was right, for fairies don't live long, but they are so little that a short time seems a good while to them.

always giggled at that because the actor playing peter was a woman.

What if Tinkerbell had been a boy and Peter had been a girl?

Unironically this

Pan sounds as much like a villain as the movies' Hook. Might as well be played by Christopher Walken.

I think he's saying that emma watson was a piece of talking drift wood for the entire film.

aw
this was sad to read ;_;

People were fine with all men being treated as remorseless assholes, as long as they didn't come across as pansies.

As I said if you go by Hook the movie starring Robin Williams & Julia Roberts Tink wanted to fuck Peter something fierce

>>“The boys on the island vary, of course, in numbers, according as they get killed and so on; and when they seem to be growing up, which is against the rules, Peter thins them out; but at this time there were six of them, counting the twins as two.”
What a dick.

The canon sequel brings Tink back to life, and gets her married to some fairy dude..

Neverland is one of the infinite fae realms that exist behind the vale of our reality. It's olde school grimm brother's style fairytale lore that people can slip by accident, magic or intention between realms and at some point Both Hook and Pan slipped into Neverland. Pan was young enough to adapt to the magic and ruthless enough to harness it but he didn't know what was happening or what was happening to him.
It's not that Neverland is cursed, it's that Pan has become a deity representing the life energy of the place (which is why Hook wants to kill him, so he can free up the magic and master it himself). What's really fucked up is that this is never explicitly explained, you just see Pan being an asshole and Wendy slowly realizes Peter is no longer human and incapable of understanding he's no longer human.

Fairies lust for newborns. As an 8 day old when found, Peter was practically an old maid.

Attached: vlcsnap-2012-11-23-16h32m10s214.png (1920x1080, 2.57M)

That didn’t go well the last time

Attached: B772265A-FDE7-47D9-BE8B-C04BD5135E83.gif (500x281, 2.61M)

All the fairies want to fuck Peter in whatever version. Even in the play/book when he still has his Milk teeth Tink gets jealous of Wendy.

He... he played Hook?!
Well, at least he's careful enough with that tambourine.

I think what makes Peter more unsettling is that he does fucked up shit but not with an evil intent. Everything he does is still from the point of view of a child and is very childlike. I can't say he's right out evil, just twisted and warped.

Well maybe they shouldn't have grown up

Canon sequel?

It was for a live performance TV special of a musical rendition of the play.

Oh, neat.

The children's hospital that holds the rights to Peter Pan, commissioned a canon sequel to be written. Peter Pan in Scarlet

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Pan_in_Scarlet

Oh yeah, I've heard of the title at least. Sort of expected something from Barrie, for all the stuff I didn't know about.

>watch Return to Neverland
>Peter's exchange with Wendy at the end
Not gonna lie guys, that got me

Attached: 1441296974855.jpg (480x360, 19K)

Written a hundred years later, by a different author, and only called canon because of the most unique copyright law in the world.

He just liked to re-write the original story several ways.

In the original story wasn't Hook just some privateer / sailor who got lost / stuck in Neverland somehow and was trying to get the kids out of there only for Peter and his autistic fairy to keep fucking with him?

He's a type of changeling. Not the common type that's a fairy child left in place of a human one, but the type that was born human and raised by fairies and molded over time into one of them. Complete with pointy ears and magic.

Because a gay died by drowning?

>Hook kills his own crew mates for the smallest irritation
>they still don't fear him
>also he doesn't care about good form

It wasn’t great, although it did become a so bad it’s good type situation when Walken forgot his lines a few times

>The pirates are just lost boys that were playing pirate and forgot they had started as boys.

So the moral is fairies should be avoided at all costs

Okay now that sounds fun

That's what Yea Forums keeps telling me

If these kinds of creature existed, I guarantee that humanity would give them good reasons to want to hate and kill all humans.

So the same concept as Gene Hunt in Life on Mars and Ashes to Ashes?

I'll have to take your word for it.

Dude, the fay as described in old folklore and stories are evil terrifying creatures and were not to be fucked with.

Remember beauty and the beast?
Beast was cursed because he woudln't fuck and knock up a fay who wanted a child plus to drain his life essence in the process.
That's the story of how he became a beast.

>i love that live action remake when Hook point out that Peter will never know what is the means of feeling a woman , to grow to love to have a family.
which live action remake?

That's fine. I'm just saying that their behavior is basically justified. Nothing is more evil than humans.

There's little sadder a thing than an unabashed misanthrope

No it isn't.
The fay are terrifying horrible monsters that humans feared and rightfully so.
They would lure children into the forests to eat them.
They would make innocent travelers lost and torture them for days in the forests before eating them.
There are numerous tales like that.
There are no HUMANS FUCKED THE FAY OVER AND THATS WHY THEY ARE CUNTS stories anywhere user.

These days I'm sure there are tons of stories like that. Where the noble, pure fae represent nature and arrogant humans and their vile machines rape and oppress them. The thought of those progress demonizing tales makes me want to vomit honestly. I like the old stories you mention, where the fae don't need to be sympathetic or relatable. Quite the opposite.

I've seen what /d/ posts. Fairy's aren't safe near humans.

Whatever do you mean?

Attached: BondageFairies-NewBondageFairies_Vol03_01.jpg (490x675, 122K)

I blame his age and it being live TV performance.

>As they become "normies"
>user thins them out

I think the percentages of fairies being dicks in stories might be slightly higher than brain-damaged channers.
I mean, some of us would just live and let live, or be dumb enough to try to let them prove they're nice.

Yeah, spider Satan.

So we're fucking Methuselah for faeries? I sure hope they have a mature fetish.

Humans are humans because we had to adapt to a harsh world. If anything fairirs should hate nature itself.

That's because the fae always represented nature. Way back when, nature was scary shit that would fuck you over because it felt like it and there was nothing you could do about it. After the industrial revolution people got all weepy and nostalgic for nature since it wasn't going to fucking kill you on a whim. Once people could fuck the planet into submission, you got stories depicting the fae as innocent and being bullied by mean old humans.

Only the femoid version from that ABC Disney live action show sucked

>>Femoid
WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN?
WHAT THE FLIPFLOP DOES THAT MEAN?

Attached: fga262v5zrl21.jpg (3024x4032, 1004K)