I miss the old Shuri

In her new ongoing every page is about her using some new gadget that she conveniently invented, people telling her how smart she's and always was and team-up with characters far away from Wakanda, not to mention that she hardly uses her new awesome powers anymore and she's younger for some reason.

Before she was just "She-Black Panther" minus the genius part, but now she's totally unlikeable as a character.

Attached: Shuri.jpg (1987x3056, 1.14M)

>One: your ship? Iconic
Did Jean make Miles gay too?

I quit reading the big two years ago but my impression based on every screencap from the last like, three years, is that basically everyone is a prissy bisexual who mostly hangs around and maybe fights evil if they feel like it.

Only in teen teams.

its brutal. everything is so cheap and shallow

I hate everything in this page.

You miss Reginald Hudlin's obnoxious Mary Sue that everyone was happy to see go when Hickman killed her off years ago. Really.

The new is also a Mary Sue and worse... inconsistent! now she was always a genius, funny because Marvel didn't include her in her genius list some years ago, the one that included Riri and Moon Girl.

At least back then she was entertaining, in an ‘I can’t wait to see this bitch fall flat on her face’ kind of way, now she’s just another character hit with the shitty synergy stick.

The Shuri book is hot garbage. The Killmonger book started awful and then got good as it built steam. This is just consistently not good. Nice cover art, though.

Yeah, the Killmonger was good, this one is shit and it's considered an ongoing.

What the fuck is wrong in the fifth panel.

She looks terrifying in every panel here.

Why is she drawn like a 60 year old?

Have sex.

old Shuri was terrible, this is a million times improved

testing

Like the other guy said, its mostly the teens. Still, this is dangerously accurate

Attached: 1551992867096.png (172x234, 67K)

>mostly the teens
No, that's basically everyone including most of the big name adults.

Sure if you prefer someone that dresses like a hobo.

It hurts to admit it, but...yeah. Its mostly everyone.

Attached: 1552438940455.jpg (854x479, 169K)

Sometimes I think back, and I remeber liking a lot of these characters in and out of costume.
Now I can't remeber why.

Attached: 1552359080666.gif (460x345, 492K)

There was really only one thing to like about old Shuri that the new one doesn't have.

But in both comic versions it's just a different flavor of dumb virtue signalling. They just come across different because one was from like the king of the black people as part of his larger myopic African American social justice ranting and the other is just typical modern marvel virtue signalling and shallowly aping a more popular adaptation.

Shuri was at her best as an actual character silly supporting role in a movie and even then it was mostly just whatever.

Attached: 1519111639512.jpg (1401x2128, 948K)

You have to really hate women to prefer this dumbfuck YAAS women version of Shuri over the old one who was a respectable woman.

I realize that miles got himself a new villain?

Or does he counts as shuri villian?

I really liked her Griot powers

Turning into stone, or a flock of birds, moving with the speed of a Cheetah

It was a weird but useful assortment of powers

Too bad she isn't using those powers anymore, I think she used the birds one in the first issue... now she solves everything with science, her OWN inventions, now I feel bad for that N'Iix guy,

Attached: N'Iix.jpg (350x772, 45K)

why is his mask even up?

Well of course she's going to be using science, that's what movie casuals that marvel has this book geared to know of her, they'll be confused if she uses the powers she got only a few years ago.

pussy is abundant and insignificant

I mean, I'm up for having sex with these anons. But it won't prevent Shuri from being ugly.