‘Titans’ Season 2 Adds Esai Morales as Deathstroke

He is also being rebranded to "Golpe de La Muerte"

Attached: deathstroke-2.jpg (1920x1080, 445K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/lLd3L
imgur.com/a/koWgp3K
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Dear God, this series is fucking stupid.

Yep, Slade Joseph Wilson is such a Hispanic name, you can feel the ties with ye olde Spanish Castillans.

What's the issue? Slade being white has never been a part of his character, right?

Deathstroke shouldn't appear in a Titans show?

He's literally supposed to be an All-American boy. DC's Captain American deconstruction.

Ghost all over again

Attached: d3125b0bf8357d5c90fdc76280c4aa9a.jpg (1080x1350, 193K)

lol what? That's never been a thing, where are you pulling that out from?

>DC's Captain American deconstruction.
Source

Man Ghost has disappointed me massively. That wasn't the character at all. What a waste.

>Golpe de la Muerte
It's piscina de la muerta you fucking uncultured gringos.

>more miles wank
i want the SJW era to leave

He's BROWN

and obviously anyone darker than eggshell triggers /poltv/

Why? Whats wrong with Deathstroke or just Slade

No, he shouldn't.

his first appearance was in the wolfman perez run of teen titans. I will admit I haven't read much of the stuff since new52, but at what point did he become a captain america deconstruction that does not also apply to any other villain who served in the us army? Don't point to the fact that he is a super soldier, because there are so many other supersoldiers in comics and other media.

>blonde, blue-eyed guy who lies about his age to join the army, gets involved with his superior officer and is the first person to undergo the super-soldier procedure
>but instead of a war hero he becomes a mercenary addicted to war
Really now?

>American soldier given super soldier serum
>Scalemail armor
It doesn't take much to put 1 and 1 together

Just read Wolfman's run. It's pretty clear that he's at least alluding to being a dark mirror of Cap.

I don't remember Captain America being a one-eyed pedophile

Imagine being this fucking stupid

>All-American boy
Funny how him being from New Zealand wasn't made a bigger deal then

It's a joke about the fact that he's not white

Attached: manu-bennett-deathstroke-999026.jpg (640x427, 37K)

hebephile actually

And I don't remember Deathstroke breaking the 4th wall but that didn't stop Deadpool.

Also he was originally blonde, blue eyed, all-american hero etc. like Cap but because of Manu's portrayal in Arrow everyone keeps giving him dark hair

But still also what does Golpe mean?

Oh please tell us masters of Deathstroke how the Arrow portrayal of Slade is gospel

Strike

>Deadpool
>duuuuuuuude he got DEAD in his name and like, is a Merc
>he's totes a Deathstroke homage!
>waaaaaaaaaaaaaat nigga; these two guys with an identical origin story, powers andlooks have NOTHING to do with one another
Really now? Also, what is it with you niggerlovers and dropping "fuck" in every other sentence?
>white people can play other white people
Imagine my shock! Also
>Americans didn't have brown hair
When I said "All-American" I meant the tall, handsome, man's man type. The settler; the strong man. Besides, why does Arrow matter? Sladewent back to being blonde after his appearances on the show ended.

The point is it hardly matters, though we could just cut the shit and fully admit that you guys are just being bitches cause you're racist and seeth at someone non-white playing a character you like

RITCHIE!!!!!!!!!!!!

>Sladewent back to being blonde after his appearances on the show ended.
That's right I mean who could forget THIS Aryan Übermensch?

Attached: dpdfpo6uqaay_sc.jpg (1800x1800, 491K)

Bruh, I don't care about a show Slade's race, do whatever, I care that some idiot doesn't understand the basic concept of Slade originally being Cap pastiche when it's extremely obvious

>movie
Read a comic that's not by Tony Daniel

Attached: main-qimg-684d26a1fd99e8b506cc643ffe4d51f4.png (712x370, 327K)

>m-muh moobies
>a cameo that will never amount to anything more than that
Tumblrina who came here for the fujoshit, there are things called comics. There's even a Deathstroke one out RIGHT NOW!

So no source, fuck off with your headcanon, everything about it can be traced back to the gladiator novel, a white guy who is the first super soldier in the word and is send to the army and after the war end he find himself confused and without purpose
Except that Deadpool creator himself said that Deadpool is a fucking Deathstroke Parody.

Are you the same kind of person who thinks a silent assassin should wear big clunky armor like in that pic and AO instead of a stealth suit

He was announced and hyped so much in so many things over the last couple of years that this news has not meaning for me and won't make me watch the season two of that garbage.

Don't even give a shit about him being race-swapped, they simply burned any live action version of him.

S C A L E M A I L

How unimaginative and boring your mind must be

>Hurr Hurr DURRR Captain America invented the concept of Supah Soldier guyzzz!!

Attached: filthy the frank.gif (400x225, 662K)

Pretty sure the creator of Shazam never said he was a Superman riff since he worked for a rival company but its still common knowledge

>fuck off with your headcanon
It's literally noticing similarities from actual canon. Christ. You also keep throwing "fuck" around; all you niggerloving Leftists do. It's not making you come off as intimidating or making your argument better; it makes you look weak.
>Except that Deadpool creator himself said that Deadpool is a fucking Deathstroke Parody.
Years later, when people kept pushing it. He was created as a mix of Wolverine & Spider-Man. Retards like yourself screamed "he's like Deathstroke!!!111" so much, they an with it and ended up naming him "Wade Wilson".
>literally the same origin
>down to the abusive dad
Yeah, that Filthy Frank gif sure showed me user. I better go pick some nigger for Tony Stark too. A reboot's gonna come soon.

Attached: Jesus....gif (250x250, 444K)

Slade Wilson is a pretty fucking Anglo name. Slade, a famous English band and Wilson I think is a Scottish name. So why is he some Spanish guy in this and a New Zealander or something in Arrow?

Besides the fact that it’s already been pointed out he was a deconstructed Cap from his first appearances in NTT, have you ever read a Deathstroke comic? People are constantly commenting about his white hair and pale features. Except for Tony Daniels run where for some fucking reason he got de-aged and had black hair he always had blonde hair that was almost white even when he was young.

>It's literally noticing similarities from actual canon
Those "simillarities" are extremely common tropes shared by several Super Soldier characters even before Captain America creation, he didn't started nor made it popular. Saying that Deathstroke is supposed to be a Captain America because they share elements that not even came from later is just ridiculous.
>Years later, when people kept pushing it. He was created as a mix of Wolverine & Spider-Man. Retards like yourself screamed "he's like Deathstroke!!!111" so much, they an with it and ended up naming him "Wade Wilson".
Is the creator word against yours, but year sure the fact both are mercenaries with nearly identical names plus the same identical powers and using the unique combination of weapons is totally a coincidence and the creator lied when he claimed it was a parody.
>literally the same origin
>down to the abusive dad
You mean like the dad from The Gladiator novel who is a piece of shit and turned and treated his son into an experiment runing his life? At best you can say that both characters are rip offs from The Gladiator Novel but not from one another.

I like the part in Gladiator were he wears medieval
S C A L E M A I L

Based brainlet

That makes sense.

That's all?

>niggerloving Leftists do.
Thanks for outing yourself

And pirate boots
and the gloves
and the way Slades costume lines look almost the exact same (short sleeves connected to upper body, lower abdomen is a differemt color/texture)

Attached: 1799.jpg (471x721, 133K)

Not the guy you are replying to but I have to chime in. This was 40 years after Cap became a comic book icon. Also look at Deathstroke’s boots. Also I don’t want to hurt the argument because I would have my doubts if someone said this too and there’s no way I can prove it but I just happened to be in this thread so I want to share something- I met Marv Wolfman at this dinky little comic convention in New Jersey in July of last summer and talked to him for awhile. We talked about Slade in the TTG movie and Prieststroke. But I also asked him if Deathstroke was intended to be a parody of Captain America and he said he wasn’t a parody but rather a “dark” version of the character. Again I don’t have this in writing so I know no one will belive me but at least I know for a fact anyone in this thread thinking they are smart shitting on the idea is actually a complete fucking idiot because I talked to the guy who created him.

They also mirror his shield by giving him a medieval-fantasy sword as his main weapon

You mean Slade Jose Wilson.

New Zealand Deathstroke is definitely worse than Hispanic Deathstroke imo.
As long as he's American I don't care what race he is, though I prefer he be white like in the comics, of course.

>Those "simillarities" are extremely common tropes shared by several Super Soldier characters even before Captain America creation, he didn't started nor made it popular. Saying that Deathstroke is supposed to be a Captain America because they share elements that not even came from later is just ridiculous.
Christ user. You have two characters, identical in appearance, identical in role, one serving as a dark mirror to another, and you can't even entertain the idea that they're similar!
>Is the creator word against yours
Read and weep: archive.is/lLd3L
Also, try and guess which two characters are similar!
>No1 is a young man from an abusive household, an orphan, who lied about his age to join the army, is blonde, blue-eyed, tall, handsome, a general specimen, fell for his superior officer, took part in the first serious super soldier experiment, and then became a legend on the battlefield; stoic and collected
>No2 is a young man from an abusive household, an orphan, who lied about his age to join the army, is blonde, blue-eyed, and joined the first serious super-soldier experiment to fix his illness and fight in WWII, while in the process becoming a legend on the battlefield; stoic and collected
>No3 is some crazy guy with a revolving door of origins who underwent shady experiments to cure his cancer, and is a crazy merc with a hideous body; cracks jokes
Come on, answer!
>You mean like the dad from The Gladiator novel who is a piece of shit and turned and treated his son into an experiment runing his life?
Never read it. What I do know, is that Slade's dad was a piece of shit who locked him up in cupboards to go get drunk. And Slade's mother died shortly after his father. Just like Cap!
Gee, it's almost as if it was intentional!
-
All you niggerloving Yea Forumsmblr faggots that get triggered by a word and trip over yourselves to cast shitskins, need to get out of here.

Attached: DonLaugh.gif (450x259, 1.94M)

his hair looks a little reddish here for some reason

By that Logic Mar-Vell is a Superman clone, just like Hulk is a Solomon Grundy Clone and so on.

This is a fair argument. I’m not at all a fan of race swapping and I think Slade should be a very white guy but at the end of the day the most important thing is he has to be an American or you are totally missing the point

>By that Logic Mar-Vell is a Superman clone
Yes?
Just because the characters went down different paths doesn't mean that wasn't the original intention.

Also Clone is the wrong word in the current context, it's pastiche

Hispanic Deathstroke isn't American either.

Is there already a backstory to him already?

>where are you pulling that out from?
The origins of the character from the comic books that introduced him.

He has at least 3 kids from 2 different women. You don't get more dark mirror of Cap then actually scoring some pussy. That "girlfriend" in Canada don't count Steve.

>avatarfagging

>who lied about his age to join the army
Oh wow just like on Gladiator where he quit school and join the army! Totally a coincidence right?

>Also, try and guess which two characters are similar!
Well let's see!
>Mercenary, Healing factor, use swords and smg combo, last name wilson, his personal life is a mess, suffer from depression
>Mercenary, Healing factor, use swords and smg combo, last name wilson, his personal life is mess, suffer from depression
>Soldier, model citizen, love to preach about truth justice and the american way!

>and a New Zealander or something in Arrow?
Most New Zealanders have British ancestry you dope.

That guy was clearly a native like Jango Fett

>what are Sharon Carter, Diamondback, Wanda, Jan...
Cap slays, or could slay, as much as he wants. He's just pure.
Yeah, so? You don't have folders full of useful expressions by the same characters? What kind of normalfag are you if you don't have a Donnie Folder?
>if I focus on the characteristics I want, my version of events holds up!
Then why are you ridiculing the anons who brought up the fact that both Cap and Slade wear chainmail with pirate boots and gloves? Why are you ignoring the whole "dark mirror" when that's what we're arguing about? Merc vs Hero Soldier. Sword vs Shield. Good vs Bad. Christ, you are deliberately focusing on the Deadpool/Deathstroke bit, ignoring the link I posted which shows the actual truth, and even then twisting it all to make your claim seem legitimate. Hell, let's take this further.
>Healing Factor
Deadpool's is insane and more similar to Lobo's. Cap & Slade are "Peak Human".
>Weapons
Really? Weapons? Deadpool uses Katanas and various guns. Cap a shield and some guns, depending on the ocassion. Slade a medieval sword, a batton and some guns.
>Appearance & Origins
I've already gone over them.
>Roles
DP's a Merc, nothing more. Cap is a hero to everyone, an inspiration, a symbol of a soldier. Slade's a legendary Merc; the best of his kind.
>Personality
Cap and Slade are both stoic. DP started as abitter snarker using irony and devolved into "lesorandum" toiler humor.
-
You know you're grasping at straws, but you're afraid of backing out. It's alright user, I won't judge you. I already think you're a niggerloving Yea Forumsmblrfaggot.

Attached: whatever.gif (350x285, 1.26M)

But being a symbol is the biggest mismatch slade has with captain america, since the only thing making slade legendary is his reputation, not an ideal he stands for.

The way slade was introduced and built up also has absolutely nothing to do with captain america, since it´s all about things becoming personal and involving family even when they shouldn´t, while captain america even struggles to form family.

Everything they have in common has to do with being a super soldier, but next to nothing more.

Attached: Judas contract.png (902x1314, 353K)

I could care less about the race thing but even then it's still a shit casting choice

>Then why are you ridiculing the anons who brought up the fact that both Cap and Slade wear chainmail with pirate boots and gloves? Why are you ignoring the whole "dark mirror" when that's what we're arguing about? Merc vs Hero Soldier. Sword vs Shield. Good vs Bad. Christ, you are deliberately focusing on the Deadpool/Deathstroke bit, ignoring the link I posted which shows the actual truth, and even then twisting it all to make your claim seem legitimate. Hell, let's take this further.
My point was that your list of similarities come from Gladiator, all of it white guy, problematic family, abusive father, mother hating his husband, super soldier, left school and join the army as underage, after the was find himself lost while Deathstroke Deadpool similarities an be only traced back to Slade, posting smug gifs like an autist or bringing /pol/tard shit changes nothing, at best you could claim that Captain America started this suit model just like Superman and Batman but this suit was already extremely common on both comics at the time with Deahstroke not even being the first one to wear it even in the comic of his cameo.

>Deadpool's is insane and more similar to Lobo's. Cap & Slade are "Peak Human".
DeathStroke heal bullets and big wound in a couple of minutes to seconds, Captain healing factor take several hours and is not apparent on fights
>Really? Weapons? Deadpool uses Katanas and various guns. Cap a shield and some guns, depending on the ocassion. Slade a medieval sword, a batton and some guns.
Yeah really, using an automatic weapon and a sword at the same time is pretty much his trademark just like Captain using a shield.
>Roles
>DP's a Merc, nothing more. Cap is a hero to everyone, an inspiration, a symbol of a soldier. Slade's a legendary Merc; the best of his kind.
Now that's ridiculous, you're trying to make it look like Cpt and Deathstroke are similar because "both are good at it?" Both Deathstroke and Deadpool are top tier mercenaries with

a fucked up life what is a constant theme of their stories, they are extremely good at their mercenaries jobs but are pathetic life outside it and are constantly feeling regret and depression

>You know you're grasping at straws, but you're afraid of backing out. It's alright user, I won't judge you. I already think you're a niggerloving Yea Forumsmblrfaggot.
You are the one grasping straws, you are nothing more than a /pol/tard who don't know shit about comics or cartoons or novels

Manu Bennett had to suffer through Johns's powerplay just to lose the role he was born to play to some spic

Attached: file.png (1600x799, 1.43M)

>just to lose the role he was born to play
But ManuSlade, although a good character, was nothing like Slade

If Slade & Steve have 0 similarities, if they don't even work as opposites, then you have no reason to claim Deadpool is a parody of Deathstroke, apart from being influenced by the meme. You flip-flop on your reasons, disregarding all other arguments, and screaming "muh novel". You can look at both Steve & Slade, and notice the similarities and differences. One has a family that he can't deal with, and is a scumbag, the other doesn't have a family because he thinks he couldn't be there for them, and is a good man. One's a merc, the other's a soldier. Both fell for a female soldier. Both have no life outside of the battlefield. Both have a similar origin.
>m-muh Gladiator
Nobody cares. We're comparing two (at this point three, due to your autism) people. Might as well all "super heroes" are copies of Hercules.
>HF
Slade absolutely does not heal such wounds within seconds. Even if he did, he'd still be closer to Steve.
>Weapons
Still going with this? They're all soldiers; of course they use similar equipment.
>Depression
Slade is autistic! He's autistic and can't get along with people. He's not depressed you moron. I know you're an effiminate faggot, but some people are serious, stoic and professional.
>m-muh /pol/
You're literally ignoring comic info and pushing false canon.
-
Honestly, I'm tired. I've said my piece, and I'm not a fan of walking around in circles. You're being a poor sport since you disregard whole viewpoints and info, cowering like a mouse, and doubling down on the characteristics you twist. And we both know this charade will keep going until one drops out. And you intend to be that man, the last man standing. Because you think it will give you some sort of satisfaction. So have it. The thread will die, you'll get your momentary high from "winning" an argument, against a "/pol/tard" no less, on an Italian Pasta Sauce Recipe forum, and it'll mean nothing. Goahead and reply to this; you will get no (you)s from me.

Attached: Well....gif (500x273, 949K)

Deathstroke was inspired by Cap story and design-wis3
Cap was inspired by Gladiator story-wise
Gladiator was probably inspired by something else

Why is this so difficult to understand?

>Nobody cares. We're comparing two (at this point three, due to your autism) people. Might as well all "super heroes" are copies of Hercules.
Gladiator was the Novel that directly inspired Superman, Captain America and countless others and because of that was always famous and influential on Superheroes as a whole, we are talking about a fictional character created few years before Superman and Cpt that share several traits with them specially with Captain America and keep inspiring more characters, Hercules didn't inspired much if any at all since Super strenght is present on dozens of famous characters even older and just as famous as him.

>Slade absolutely does not heal such wounds within seconds. Even if he did, he'd still be closer to Steve.
Slade had a cut in his chest being healed on seconds on panel, Deathstroke got shoot in the head and stabbed in the heart just to stand up shortly after, Can ol good Cpt do that?
imgur.com/a/koWgp3K

>Slade is autistic! He's autistic and can't get along with people. He's not depressed you moron. I know you're an effiminate faggot, but some people are serious, stoic and professional.
He's depressed, and is constantly tormented by the fact he was not a big part of his kids life, depression=/= crying like a bitch

Again, you're wrong at every single point, again all you can do is post smug gifs and pretend that you're right, pick some comics and read some novels next time.

I´m and i´m not talking about deadpool, who perhaps was created as a parody of slade in terms of his long winded monologues. As for the creation of deathstroke itself, you need only read the interviews of the guys that created him to get that their ideas were not even near captain america.

Although some have drawn comparisons between Terminator and Marvel’s Punisher, the writer says there are few similarities.

Marv Wolfman: “We got this an awful lot before the book came out,” he observes. “Obviously, Punisher was in the ’70s, and Terminator was created in 1980, but Terminator, in my mind, is very clearly a mercenary. Punisher is a mob-hunter. They have completely different reasons for existing, and it’s essentially the difference between a soldier and a policeman. Granted, they’re freelancers, but one goes after the mob, and the other takes on jobs for hire.

“From what I’ve read of The Punisher, Vigilante, which I did, was much closer, but when we did Vigilante, there was no Punisher comic book. The other difference is that the stories are not personal stories in The Punisher. All of the stories in Deathstroke are personal. They’re about him, they’re about the people he cares about; there’s a love interest. To me, Slade Wilson is a vitally interesting character. He’s more interesting than (his alter ego) Deathstroke, who’s more of a hired gun. Slade Wilson’s a real person. The character in The Punisher exists solely to be the Punisher-his sole purpose is to wipe out bad guys.”

One problem Wolfman continually faces is writing a lead character who isn’t really a nice guy.
“I think Slade can be likable. Terminator isn’t,” he says.[...] Slade can be a very social and sexual character. He’s a person who has needs, desires and everything. On the other hand, Terminator is a mercenary. He can be a very likable person in a job that most of us would find repulsive.”

Attached: An Incel Sheds Manly Tears.png (630x2171, 491K)

>Spicstroke
Ugh