Hey I loved the original Avatar series, I only realized today that it got a sequel that existed

Hey I loved the original Avatar series, I only realized today that it got a sequel that existed.
is legend of korra any good?
is it better than the first?

Attached: korra.jpg (1920x1080, 280K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2dPaVk4G1jg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

There is a point where I feel that this is bait but responding to your comment...
Consider TLOK as Fallout 4 or 3 if you want to be extreme... nothing more to say

It's alright. The good parts are better than TLA's low points.

The fucking Great Divide is better than any and all of Korra, including but not limited to the relatively "better" parts.

I had a phase where I didn't do or interact with any of my older younger hobbies, that's the best and only way i can explain my ignorance.
I really did love the original show through and remember that really long hiatus it had and the shitty move made by m night shyamalan, I'm sad to hear it's that bad, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised.
maybe I'll give it shot then, I was planning to buy it to support the shows creators based off of much love i had the original but maybe i should try and watch it online first.

Thanks for your honest response, despite finding the question dubious.

I said it for the inconsistency that has with the previously established in ATLA but is the least if you consider a spin-off as Fallout Tactis in that case.
Good cartoon, bad sequel

Korra is NOT good even as a standalone show. If it wasn't riding on Avatar's success (well that and the forced ending) it would be panned everywhere

No, and you know that. Stop making this thread, faggot.

I don't mean good like 80% in a videogame review but...
You must know 2011-2014 is a dark age of Nick & TLOK was the only shit that being shadow of ATLA maintained a certain level of interest.
Anyway, if is to give a percentage of quality, I would personally give 65%

If you want an official sequel regardless of quality, watch Korra by all means. Be prepared to cringe
If you want something that recaptures the spirit of ATLA & more, watch W.I.T.C.H.

>-2014
Funny - that would imply it got better since then, instead of a million times worse across the board.

>spoiler
Stop fucking comparing ATLA for that fucking shit.

I had written it for the duration of TLOK but you're right.

You're right, it is kind of insulting to that show. But I don't like bringing up anime on Yea Forums

>is legend of korra any good?
On it's own, no. It has way too many problems and not enough redeeming qualities to make up for it.

>is it better than the first?
Lol no, it's a flat out insult to the original series.

I enjoyed Korra. I thot it had some really good moments and overall the characters played out well. My only complaint was that they isolated all seasons to be individual story arcs instead of weaving them all together.

>My only complaint
t. unbelievably low standards

Korra is considered a good cartoon everywhere but Yea Forums, so take the opinions you see here with a grain of salt.

Personally, I enjoyed LoK despite the second season. For all the shows flaws it's still one of the best cartoons of the decade.

The best thing to do is watch it for yourself and make your own opinion.

Change is as good as Earth.

>Korra is considered a good cartoon everywhere but Yea Forums
No it fucking isn't, stop lying. It's only considered good (actually the best thing since sliced bread) by the mainstream "critics" (read: shills) and the NPCs who follow them, often without having watched ATLA at all.

Indie bloggers hate it. YouTube hates it. Tumblr hates it (shipping-only blogs aside). All of Yea Forums (not just Yea Forums) hates it.

Get off my board Bryke

From what I've seen, there's a greater emphasis on close combat martial arts, which is pretty great. Story's a mess, but it's easier to swallow if you binge it.

>For all the shows flaws it's still one of the best cartoons of the decade.
Given that the entire fucking decade has produced a grand total of one (1) cartoon that stacks up with the greats of the 2000s, that is NOT an achievement.
Especially when you have the coattails of one of the greatest toons of all time (not the worst decade in animation history) to ride off of.

>there's a greater emphasis on close combat martial arts
Heh, that's why i always compare that type of animation with Yakuza gameplay

You've got to be kidding, user. Korra's fight scenes are fucking terrible, no matter what they tried to emphasize.
ATLA had an actual martial arts expert on board

I've only seen Korra discussed on Yea Forums.

I don't get my opinions on cartoons from YouTube, Tumblr, 'shills', critics, Indie bloggers, reddit or whoever.

The only way to properly decide if a cartoon or anything else is good is to watch it and make your own decision. I watched Korra and found it to be a good cartoon.

>Given that the entire fucking decade has produced a grand total of one (1) cartoon that stacks up with the greats of the 2000
what is it?

>I watched Korra and found it to be a good cartoon.
Either you're trolling, or you're genuinely low IQ.
Either way though you're definitely retarded

Gravity Falls of course. Nothing else even compares.

Holy shit, i remember right.
That scene of Azula fighting with her legs is a fucking breaker style

>Rushed Final
>Just like TLOK
No

Attached: 1546141539256.png (640x480, 269K)

TLOK doesn't have a rushed finale, it has a forced finale. The latter is a million times worse.
Also GF's finale being bad is a retarded meme that should've died in 2016.

Lets just post the good stuff.

Attached: tumblr_pnh2y6RkzG1r6btzgo1_640.jpg (636x900, 97K)

> I only realized today that it got a sequel that existed.

Attached: idby.gif (325x294, 2.83M)

I will not go tumblr to get fanart of this.
It's a innocent bait.

Attached: 1515342017416.gif (500x200, 622K)

Based on experience, most of the cartoons Yea Forums trashes as garbage are actually decent to good and the cartoons Yea Forums praises as masterpieces are just good.

I really don't care about the tumblr stigma. The artists there are supplying the last few things worth while in this fandom.

Attached: tumblr_pha2d17Mui1tl5boeo1_r1_640.png (606x882, 922K)

At least the whole show aired on TV.

Based on actual, non-NPC experience:
>cartoon is mainstream + Yea Forums likes it = it's great (but often overhyped)
>cartoon is mainstream + Yea Forums hates it = it's shit
>cartoon is not mainstream + Yea Forums likes it = it's shit
>cartoon is not mainstream + Yea Forums hates it = it's great (or at least severely underrated)

That's not even the correct assumption. If Yea Forums doesn't talk about it then it's either good or mediocre. If Yea Forums talks about it, then it's either shit, or mediocre. If Yea Forums loves it, then its shit or good. Your shit taste is effecting your ability to even think.

I was really trying to distance myself from old things I enjoyed for a long time, until i realized how ultimately foolish and pointless it was.
Really I only asked because I was thinking about buying the on bluray without watching it in lower quality online, because i think i watched the entire original series online and figured now that I have disposable income I should buy the Original and I'd have supported the creators and we'd be square for all the years I spent watching it bootleg, then i saw the Korra show being offered as well and now I'm here.
but seeing how divided Yea Forums is about the show I don't blame you for suspecting foul play on my part, it seems like a love it or hate it show with the original being regarded and the superior work.

It's not an assumption, it's what I've experienced. Most cartoons range from decent to good. Very few are masterpieces or bad.

>There was only one good show in the 2010s and it was The Mabel Show
Please tell me this is bait

>Most cartoons range from decent to good. Very few are masterpieces or bad.
That may have been true last century, time traveller. All current cartoons are horrifically bad, without exception - and it's still getting worse somehow, seeing what's on the slate.

It's frankly shocking how we went from the era where masterpieces were a dime a dozen in the 2000s to a complete fucking horror show in the 2010s. But nobody outside Yea Forums talks about that because it's "obviously" just nostalgia - well that and reviewers still have to eat after all

>it's bait to point out the one and only watchable cartoon of the 2010s
I'd think your post was bait if I wasn't familiar with the sad state of Yea Forums these days
>The Mabel Show
Oh wait, it IS bait. Nevermind

no

While I do agree that the 2000s were better, with all the good shit that came out from Disney alone if you say none of it is good I’d have to assume you’re a troll or Witchfag

Well, I'm glad you've finally realized I'm not a troll at least. Now if only you would realize I'm right...

Oh who am I kidding, this place has no standards.

Oh now you're just being a salty cunt for the sake of it

Hardly. Great Divide was bad for Avatar but it's a case of soul vs. soulless when compared to Korra

Korra tries bless it, and it has a few cool moments, but between the awkward romances of S1/S2, and Jobbing of S4, it's painful to watch

Just watch S3 on its own: Pretend Korra ends when S3 does

Attached: 2meta4me.jpg (600x1379, 176K)

TIME TO LEAVE THEM ALL BEHIND

Attached: I'm_My_Own_Master_Now.gif (299x240, 2.15M)

Korra has a few really cool villains but always manages to fuck it up. One of the characters is so bad he literally turns two characters gay.

The only cartoons that I can honestly say were horrifically bad were Fanboy and Chum Chum and Coconut Fred Fruit Salad Island.

Honestly, most of the cartoons from the 2000s that everyone praises as masterpieces were just very good. Cartoons of the 2010s have flaws but none of them reached the level of the two cartoons I mentioned.

>Korra thread
>everyone shits on it without being able to point out any actual flaws
Literally every thread. None of you guys would hate this show if some guy hadn't told you it was bad. The Korra hatedom is just a big bandwagon effect, prove me wrong.

Attached: download.jpg (191x223, 6K)

You asked for it.

Attached: 1538023733598.png (1285x976, 138K)

spoilered for OP's sake

Here's some actual flaws
>fucking filler everywhere. the original series had 2, maybe 3 filler episodes (take your pick of The divide, Tales of Ba Sing Sae and Ember island players. The latter are fantastic despite not really moving the plot along)
>with korra you only really need to watch the first 2 episodes, then skip ahead to episode 7.
what do you miss here? a bunch of whiney shipping and some emo kid getting executed but not really. E8-10 are cool, but then it dives until the speedboat scene
>S2 doesn't exactly start better. Fucking boosting cheating hoe
>as much fun as Varrick is, he can't carry the show
>Wan's arc is defintely worth watching, but it's funny how the best episodes this season have the least amount of korra
>Pacific Rim.mp4

I won't touch S3/S4 as I don't have any real problem with them apart from Kuvira being waaaay too softly written. We have Zuko being burnt for life, but no shots of Kuvira using Iron Maidens or other "implied" torture?

Attached: korra chart.jpg (1280x657, 248K)

>S4 as I don't have any real problem with
Really? You didn't have any problem with THE FUCKING MECHA that is literally impossible whether in that world or in real life? Or Wu? Or the fucking ending? Or the season overall being a massive joke compared to Book 3 (which was itself vastly overrated)?

>is legend of korra any good?
No it's not. Don't waste your time with it.

>spoiler
The unenlightened masses
They cannot make the judgement call
Give up free will forever
their voices won't be heard at all
youtube.com/watch?v=2dPaVk4G1jg

Attached: any similarity with reality is purely coincidental.jpg (1024x576, 129K)

never ever

Attached: a56f2d6badc30dd8358b841bcb3895d7.png (1200x1000, 956K)

why would you WANT that

Mako is a cuck guy who ended up generating bisexualism in 2 people.
Kiryu is inmune to get a orgasm, so would be a challenge for Korra.
Virgin Chad ftw

Attached: Kiryu.png (2032x1128, 1.99M)

Korra first season except that episode and the 3rd season are great.