How do you feel about the depictions of the kree and Skrull in Captain Marvel?

How do you feel about the depictions of the kree and Skrull in Captain Marvel?

Were they faithful to the comics?

Attached: Captain-Marvel-The-Skrulls.jpg (738x492, 33K)

>Were they faithful to the comics?

Attached: WtLN4GD.jpg (800x1238, 329K)

They turned the skrulls into a bunch of dindu refugee Muslims. They were shit and so was this movie.

They really needed a scene with Talos saying that the people on Mar-Vell’s ship just didn’t want to fight in the war between Skrulls and Kree. If they stayed, they would be killed, and if they left, the Kree would probably kill them, they lucked out with Mar-Vell. Just something that shows that both Kree and Skrull are cunts of a different color.

I liked space people and space things. I didn't like Fury.

>How do you feel about the depictions of the kree and Skrull in Captain Marvel?
Loved them.
>Were they faithful to the comics?
Pretty much, yeah. The Kree winning the conventional war and destroying Tarnax rather than Galactus was a great change and didn't really affect all that much.

>the white Kree think they're the heroes
>the colored Skrulls are persecuted as the villains
>PLOT TWISTS! The white Kree were the VILLAINS and the colored Skrulls DINDU NUFFIN all along!

It's shit.

The skrulls were always evil, they genocided 2 sub species and then went by manipulating other species to increase their own economy, their own religion consider them a "master race"

Well, Kree were always the bigger cunts, so yeah

Attached: 1552096256490.jpg (1680x2254, 1.12M)

In all honesty, if you ever rooted for the Kree in comics there is something wrong about you.
They were always the turbo-assholes of the two and i'm glad the "noble warrior race" was just a red herring.

I mean, the Kree and Skrull aren't that amazing or "interesting" in the first place, so they had a lot of leeway.

They were both fairly accurate except the Skrull are almost always villains and the Kree are only villains half the time.

People are complaining about the Skrull thing, but the "searching for a home" angle (and even the implicit similarities to certain maligned groups on here that shall not be named) come directly from Secret Invasion.

I like how they were depicted. I don’t understand how people are complaining about the whole refugee thing. They clearly don’t read comics.

Not EVERY Skrull is a peice of shit evil alien body snatcher. Kl’rt is a good example with his contribution during Annihilation. There are other examples with non-violent Skrulls as well.

Like they even show Talos’s daughter get her first murder boner after watching him kill those 2 Kree soldiers. A lot can happen to the Skrulls between 1995 and now/the future. They might be refugees then, but there’s too many unanswered questions.

If you don’t like how they were portrayed, then you’re just complaining to complain. Use your critical thinking skills and just enjoy the ride not the destination.

Attached: F14599BC-98F2-4F0C-AB0E-DC92667B06AE.jpg (500x759, 89K)

>Not EVERY Skrull is a peice of shit evil alien body snatcher.
The issue is, a lot of them are, and being the one skrull (okay, more than one, but bear with me) who's absolutely sick of it is a pretty good cover in a pinch. Heck, for dramatic irony, said skrull can be sick of it so there's a weird sort of method acting bit to their deception.

99% of the "good skrulls" are always being shown either fleeing or killing average skrulls and they are never in huge groups

Kl'rt was an evil piece of shit long before Annihilation, he wanted to depose Dorrek and rule the empire himself

Because painting one race evil and the other pure good is fucking retarded? In the comics, both sides had their share of good/bad members. All this movie had to do is say “We don’t want to fight like the rest of our race”

>there are a handful of semi-decent Skrulls in the comics
>this justifies making their entire race a group of peace-seeking refugees who just want to be left alone by the Kree
>if you disagree with the mental gymnastics I'm doing you don't read comics

Unrelated but black lipstick Carol makes my dick diamonds

Also the ones who like humans or any other race that is not enslaved by the Skrulls are considered heretics by the rest of their race and hunt down, realistically those skrulls in the movie would be more scared of the Skrull empire than the Kree.

>Because painting one race evil and the other pure good
what movie did you see? Talos himself says he did a lot of shit and Carol straight up calls them terrorists.
The only reason they are on the "right side" is because they don't want to fight and the Kree want to genocide their asses anyways.

>white Kree
The only white kree in the movie is Yon-Rogg, the others are all blue or black.

He is right, it is full of Skrulls colonies that just don't do shit.
Not that "it is that way in the comics!" is a good argoument to begin with, on both sides.

What? The very few Skrulls that are good guys openly hate their own species and aknowledge that Skrulls in general are evil pieces of shit.

Haven't seen the movie. Don't know if I will or not yet. All I can say is that they remind me of Piccolo from the live action Dragonball movie.

Attached: piccolo_promo-unseen.jpg (450x300, 16K)

Kree are absolutely the bigger cunts but Skrulls were still mega-assholes in their own right, the only thing really separating them is that the Skrulls are generally fucking retarded despite having a huge leg up with their natural shapeshifting ability.

Anyway the movie didn't even try to paint the Skrulls as remotely villainous, like there wasn't even a line of exposition saying "yeah we used to be jerks but the Kree curbstomped us and now we just want to be left alone." That really bothered me.

Captain marvel seems way hotter and more bloodthirsty in the comics.

>Skrulls being the dicks that they are respected the passing of the slayer of their people.
>The Kree didn't give a shit and looked like assholes because of it
Say what you will,that was a power move.

>le green guy looks like le green guy
Haha what an original comment my good sir! Have a well-deserved upvote!

hope best boy shows up in the sequel.

but if there's no F4 by that point then what other powers could he have?

Attached: 1539014434785.png (515x715, 440K)

>like there wasn't even a line of exposition saying "yeah we used to be jerks but the Kree curbstomped us and now we just want to be left alone." That really bothered me.

literally when Talos find the hidden skrulls and when they are at Monica's home. If you have the attention span of a chicken, it is not everyone's fault.

>being green is the only similarity!
No

Attached: DmWEkj_U8AARUfO.jpg (1000x1000, 142K)

I could ask you the same thing given how little you paid attention. She says they're terrorists BEFORE finding out their side of the story, and was high off Kree propaganda. This film goes out of it's way to paint Skrulls as fleeing migrants who didn't do anything wrong, and fought for survival. That's not the case at all with comic Skrulls

But they can easily retcon this a future movie, because as previously stated there are thousands of Skrulls scattered across the galaxy. Some might want the war, to eradicate all Kree. Why is that better? Because it's fucking realistic to have a divided race with different solutions to the conflict

Attached: Skrull.jpg (2695x1797, 341K)

>Immigrants hate one of their own that decided to live a different life style by adopting other cutures.
Based and Redpilled

It always bothered me how barely he used IW powers in UMVC3

I remember him saying he has blood on his hands too but that's a personal thing not a commentary on the race in general.

I don't remember the line at Maria's, but if you were actually interested in discussion you could, ya know, remind me instead of insulting my attention span for no reason. Pretty sure most people can't remember every single detail of a movie after one viewing.

Mar-Vell is white too.

Super Skrull, and the Captain Marvel sequel, is arguably the best way to introduce The Fantatic Four, and arguably Kamala by the end. If they introduce Veranke The Skrull Queen as the main antagonist, with Super Skrull as the muscle, we have ourselves a movie
>Carol decides to hang around Earth for a bit after moving Skrull refugees, decides to see what she's missed out on
>Starts gaining a social media following like the other Avengers
>Reed Richards starts replicating the warp drive experiment Mar-Vell did, only with his own energy source.
>Takes F4 family out for a spin, gets caught in a cosmic field the aggressive Skrull have been experimenting with
>F4 are born, Skrull Queen refines cloud to make Super Skrull, the first of many she hopes
>Carol saves crashing F4 ship upon re-entry
>Captain Marvel/F4 team up to save Earth and Carol faces the conflicting consequences of helping The Skrull
>Cosmic cloud is destroyed along with Skrull research ship, movie ends with Kamala Kahn getting hit with what remaining energy was left

Attached: Ms Marvel, Kamala Khan.jpg (826x1253, 486K)

>Carol helps Skrulls reestablish civilization on a new world, hidden from the Kree in some far-off star system
>Some of the Skrulls are understandably upset that the Kree devastated their people, but most are content to just live in peace
>Then they all get snapped
>Super-Skrull takes the reigns of their civilization, bent on becoming conquers instead of helpless victims
It'll never happen, but it's a nice fantasy

Attached: e30.jpg (640x755, 97K)

Were people expecting Carol to just stay with the Kree the whole movie and kill all the Skrulls or something?
The Skrulls have been refugees for like 40 years now.

Attached: cake.png (314x451, 178K)

pretty solid set up. but I can't just shake the feeling that we're missing out on the ideal F4 movie.

Look at this way, user; by backdoor introducing the F4 with Carol's movie it gives us the chance to avoid the needless origin setup we know by heart in their first MCU movie, and also gives Carol more characters to interact with/hold up her movie.

>Implying Movie - Marvel would allow any director to implement harsh, or brutal characteristics of the comic characters in their flicks.

Tonys alcoholic story line says hello.

>the only good Kree was white

but muh sjw narrative

Are you just a casual or stupid? No shit they've been refugees, ever since Galactus ate their world. That's not the problem. The problem is making The Skrulls a victim race when in reality they were just as shitty as The Kree in their thousand year war. Read the thread, and you'll see examples of Skrulls killing their own kind too.

And Skrulls are terrorists in the movie that regularly bomb innocents in the Kree empire

Yeah that was apparently Kree propaganda Carol was fed. The movie completely undermines any wrong doing The Skrull may have committed, trying to paint them as some misunderstood race, which is fucking stupid. Comic Skrulls is what we should have gotten, with Carol telling both factions to fuck off from Earth.

>turn the entire race
Autismsignal.gif

Jesus Christ READ. Nowhere did I say all Skrulls are good and all Kree are bad.

I’m saying, this movie takes place 25 years ago. The world today is not the same as 25 years ago.

The next time we see Skrulls in the MCU their empire could be rebuilt or we might see actually evil Skrulls. They are now established in the MCU and anything’s possible.

I wouldn't hold out hope on that happening, champ

Weren't there peaceful Skrull refugees in Abnett and Lanning's Guardians run hiding out in Knowhere under Cosmo's protection. Odd how an entire race might have different viewpoints on something, huh?

She was, that was also when she was actual written as a well rounded character with strengths and flaws and not as a yass womyn grrl power 1 dimensional propaganda piece for women are the only good sex and all men are retards who must die

>The movie completely undermines any wrong doing The Skrull may have committed
Fake news. Talos chooses not to judge Carol for her shitty actions because he had to do shitty things in the war too. They acknowledge it's fucked up, they just don't dwell on it because it's an action movie not the fucking Star Wars prequels.

Yet the problem remains that we are TOLD about their shitty actions, not shown. So yeah, they still fucked up the Skrulls, dumbass.

The skrulls got the Starlord treatment. They were very likable and entertaining, but they were basically a completely different race from the comic Skrulls.
Skrulls don't have families, they have one female, the skrull queen, which they serve in an insect like fashion.
They also don't have children, at least not in the way the movie showed. Skrull children are mindless animals, shapeshifting at random as they roam around skrull nursery worlds for years until they become sentient during their puberty stage.

Attached: skrull.jpg (1170x780, 135K)

It was his block, so depending on how you played it could be his most used power of the 4.

>they have one female
Fucking retard, kill yourself.

My idea for introducing the FF was to have them lost in the Negative Zone following the cosmic storm which gave them their powers. Perhaps have them encounter a sect of Skrulls who want to adapt their abilities for their own purposes and proceed to genetically modify one of their best warriors.

They'd probably give him the avenger's powers and kinda combine him with the super-adaptoid.
Everyone's got new equipment now, imagine how much people would lose their shit if he showed up carrying Mjolnir and Cap's original shield.

Attached: super adaptoid.jpg (290x500, 25K)

There are multiple queens, yeah, but they're not a fucking mommy and daddy nuclear family kinda culture.

>With MCU's new friendly skrull they could end up working together having reed himself create the Super-Skrull, only for them to have a falling out later
It fits the way things usually go in the MCU, and sticks to Reed's trait of usually creating as many problems as he solves.

There are non-queen female skrulls, you retard.

Im more concerned that theres a good chance Fury is a skrull now, because an scene of his in age of ultron that ties to cap marvel