It's not fucking fair. One of the most comfy, down to earth mature cartoons next to King of the Hill, gone...

It's not fucking fair. One of the most comfy, down to earth mature cartoons next to King of the Hill, gone. And even in some bizarre Samurai Jack like miracle, if it were made today it would either have to adapt to the current social climate or continue where it was and no one (average Adult Swim viewers) would like it. How do you think it would do today in your opinion? Honorable mentions to Clone High, Clerks TAS and Oblongs.

Attached: missionhill1.jpg (600x450, 88K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/wlfK51tN-xo?t=36
youtube.com/watch?v=hdk-S5B4kw0
youtube.com/watch?v=awyDAekUc_8
airbudgettintipsy.ytmnd.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Would you have preferred it overstayed its welcome? Some things are brief, that's life.

While the perfect stay is a beautiful thing, a bad season doesn’t spoil a good one.

I’d prefer a show spoiling over a show taken too soon

What would stagnate or ruin the show if it overstayed
You have Andy working with Jim
Kevin still going in high school
Posey, Gus and Wally can have more episodes
Hell there doesn't even need to be major a character development type episode, it had fairly fun/goofy moments and episodes. I get not wanting a show to get stale because you genuinely love it, but I don't entirely think that's the case for MH. It was very different, it was like Seinfeld but a bit more vulgar and more goofy. And like Seinfeld, it's the characters that sold the show.

Attached: hqdefault (2).jpg (480x360, 26K)

What are some other shows where Tom Kenny voices 90% of all characters?

Brickleberry.

jesus christ, what are you fucking 12? shows get canceled, get over it, especially animated adult comedies, you should be happy we got one good season instead of 10 crappy ones.

>jesus christ, what are you fucking 12
Mission hill is almost old enough to drink itself
> shows get canceled, get over it, especially animated adult comedies, you should be happy we got one good season instead of 10 crappy ones.
Why would they be crappy though?

>continue where it was and no one (average Adult Swim viewers) would like it
There’s a lot of nostalgia for 90s and early 00s stuff, so I’m sure it’d have an audience.

>Why would they be crappy though?
i bet you still watch the simpsons

>low hanging fruit
Yes, we all know about zombie Simpsons, and the censorship, the pointless cameos, using Lisa as a mouthpiece etc. I like how that's your first thought in regards to the idea of giving a show more seasons. The Sipmsons may have paved the way for mature cartoons but it isn't the guideline on how it's made/written.

Attached: 1533536096620.gif (250x233, 1.5M)

Modern day Mission Hill is Night in the Woods' first 2/3s.

Attached: 6nlymf6p0p521.jpg (4540x6676, 1.29M)

Ew, fuck no
>"I'm such meme trash"
and that's ignoring the fact it's furshit, and bad furshit at that.

>What would stagnate or ruin the show if it overstayed
Acting as if it's not a post 9/11, post-recession, world.

Well what about a time skip to the present? Seeing how these, what used to be young rebellious (mid 20's) adults from the 90's, and how things are now?

Attached: 1535619307727.jpg (890x1066, 105K)

Working minimum wage and shitty service jobs with no upward mobility and a growing resentment at being robbed of a future that was promised them.

Show was shit.

Bing bong tf outta here

I mean, watching Andy suffer and redeem himself is fun. Him on unemployment got real, imagine how he'd react now. How would he pull himself back up. Would he make a shitty kickstarter? Would he do cam shows? Who knows, I think there's material in what Andy would do now. A Tinder episode/App reliance episode would be perfect for him.

could you make it into some sort of parody of the evolution of early hipsterdom and social media and shit of the 2000s?

some sort of millenials happy days making fun of the retro?

could make fun of 90s and early 2000s idealism and culture giving way to an increasingly shittier future

More like a look at the clash of early punk and modern day hipster culture.

you could make fun of him going from shitty job to shitty job

like making fun of how early indie shit turned into mass media marketable hipster crap?

problem is, 2000s media was defined by thug rap culture and emo music, would that even work in mission hill setting?

hipster didn't come til the end of it around 2007

kevin could easily fit into the whole early 2000s social media subculture that was defined by early instant messaging like aol instant messenger and myspace

EVERYBODY SKA

andy gen x in 2000s references: skate culture? early generic club culture?

youtu.be/wlfK51tN-xo?t=36
as an example, most of the songs were kinda a mix of pop and club music that don't really stand out, there wasn't a real subculture that existed then unless andy and his friend start crusing around in a hummer listening to nelly or jayz

honestly ugly americans does the 2000s generation better and would do a better transition from then to now than mission hill
youtube.com/watch?v=hdk-S5B4kw0

there would be such a big cultural jump for mission hill continuity

I'd say ska/korn era 2000's.

2000s were kind of the era of the mass market celebrity

all the well known celebrities were just the mass market pop versions of maybe rap and rock and shit, it was the era of who wants to be a celebrity vanity because being famous and nothing else was special or something

ugly americans is sort of the reflection of this of
"everyone at home watches all these pop shows and knows who these people are"
youtube.com/watch?v=awyDAekUc_8

airbudgettintipsy.ytmnd.com/

going to clubs and getting drunk and picking up bitches because thats what the real world sold us

the end of the 2000s around 2007 was kind of the rise of SJW culture and indie culture but then it was entirely co-opted by douchebag hipsters, the same ones who used to wear trucker hats

dubstep and shit was kind of a nerd rejection of the popculture before it by assimilating it into the music but then it got taken over by fucking edm bros trying to pick up chicks at raves