Higher further faster

vox.com/2019/3/11/18259286/captain-marvel-box-office-153-million-sequel

Higher further faster

Attached: Captain_Marvel_(film)_76.jpg (2048x858, 1.09M)

Other urls found in this thread:

the-numbers.com/movie/Captain-Marvel-(2019)#tab=box-office
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Imagine the braindead fucking retard who made this thread thinking it was worthy of discussion or board-relevant.

Sage'd to infinity and beyond, faggot

>literally linking to Vox
So this is Yea Forums now

It’s been adjusted down to 120 mil

No wait, I was looking at the wrong numbers.

Imagine being this mad

Aw is da widdle Yea Forumstard still mad he was wrong? You should be used to it by now

You type of flamewar fucks are cancerous and belong on Twitter. Everyone wants you off this board since you’re not regulars in the slightest

How did you get that from me saying a website like Vox being linked on anything, not just Yea Forums, was me hating on the film? It was me hating on liberal cucks

>vox.com
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Nigga please.

Now that her retarded origin is out of the way, the sequel may actually be decent. I hope the Russos salvage her in Endgame at least

>EHEHEHEHEHEHE YES! HIGHER! FURTHER!! FASTER!!!!!
>HEEHEEHEEEHEEHEEEHEEHEEHEE

Attached: 1552496268065.jpg (1200x1800, 196K)

Captain Marvel could have the worst legs of a prior MCU movie and it would still make a billion at this point. The only way it misses a billion is suddenly getting BvS legs, which was a garbage pile mess of a movie not a okay movie. Instead at the moment it is tracking like Beauty and the Beast.

You would be too if your board was being infested with tourists mindlessly spamming their retard movie score threads. Now fuck off back to Yea Forums

Consider an hero-ing

>Instead at the moment it is tracking like Beauty and the Beast.
Not quite. It's more like Rogue One. But still Marvel has three movies this year that are definitely making at least a billion

>72% Monday drop

OH NO NO NO NO NO THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING BROS
I-IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BEAT AQUAMAN!!

>72% Monday drop
Go on...

Captain Marvel is bad-to-mediocre, not okay.

>Monday
Now tell everyone how great it did on Tuesday

Link?

Turns out Mondays are different from the weekend

WHO COULD HAVE SEEN THAT COMING?

Attached: Screenshot_20190313-145429_Chrome.jpg (1017x936, 570K)

Box Office Mojo.
Tell us, I can't find a link.

Civil War had a 68% drop.
Dr Strange had a 70 % drop.
Homecoming had a 58% drop. (School holidays)
Black Panther had a 33% drop. (Domestic blockbuster and President's day holiday)
Infinity war had a 64% drop.
Ant-man 2 had a 62% drop.
Winter Soldier had a 73.5%
GotG2 had a 74.8%
Ragnarok had a 74.3%

the-numbers.com/movie/Captain-Marvel-(2019)#tab=box-office

Shot up +33%. It's doing about as well as Wonder Woman which was released in July so the odds of it hitting a billion are pretty much guaranteed

Attached: Screenshot_20190313-152449_Chrome.jpg (1076x651, 245K)

Why is TDK being compared to those other movies?

Who has that stages of grief chart?

It was a tentpole studio movie based around a world-famous franchise? Maybe same month too but I can't be arsed googling it

China is our last hope. They don't like ugly woman there.

China isn't going to make much of a difference at this point and it's still getting over $100 million there

>did less than Wonder Woman
Marvel BTFO.

>Stage 3: Bargaining

Yeah no

And remember Wonder Woman came out in JUNE when kids were off from school

Attached: Screenshot_20190313-154522_Chrome.jpg (1079x815, 105K)

Mediocre movies don't deserve to be successful.

I'm talking about Tuesday.

Where's that user who keeps posting that article about Disney buying seats? I wanna see how deep the denial hole goes.

COPE

cope

WW - $14,342,175
CM - $14.6 million

I suppose next you're going to say that you meant in a specific country that wasn't this one

>Vox
You have to go back

Attached: 652.jpg (250x250, 14K)

will they also release the sequel right before an Avengers movie? cause that's the only way this shit makes money

It changed so fast, I didn’t even have time to process the shift

>And remember Wonder Woman came out in JUNE when kids were off from school
Americans don't have spring break anymore?

Company war threads should be banned

Shut up, Garrett. Have a (you) and fuck off.

congratulations, now the worst marvel character will never go away

Maybe movie synergy will make Carol good.

>The same shitty character, now without any personality and emotions

That twitter pic said 11m. Get the right source next time.

>That twitter pic said 11m
For MONDAY dipshit

Nevermind I read it wrong.

Cope with mediocrity.

Are these threads because people like this movie or to rub it in the faces of naysayers?

Rub it. They can't say anything good about the movie.

Well considering I barely see people talking about the film itself I would have to say the latter

Legitimate question to anyone here, how many of you saw this movie more than once? If so why would you waste the money?

So has anyone here actually paid money to go see this piece of shit?

I haven't paid to see a movie more than once since LOTR

Attached: Q55Bg2zipOT_JNWipScC_gioC3Qe2bI5ZGmEBgfGF_8.png (500x380, 186K)

neither, only Fury Road thrice but that one was based as fuck

It was decent, I don't like it enough to cape for it, but at this point I just like watching people get their asses blown out. You think they would have learned with Black Panther.

>A prequel to the most anticipated cinematic event of the decade will totally flop you guys!
>Disney is buying all those tickets in secret to make it look good!

Too bad for you, huh?

>>A prequel to the most anticipated cinematic event of the decade will totally flop you guys!
This. That was the selling point. They could have done this with anybody and got pretty much the same result.

It's literally Spring Break for most US colleges right now.

twice, both times the threater was packed and I got shitty seats but it was an overall fun time. I wanna go for the third because the camrip is a big pile of shit and the price goes down after the first week.

Attached: 1521125348676.png (343x140, 28K)

>the most anticipated cinematic event of the decade
They're finally making the Roger Rabbit sequel?

So why complain that Wonder Woman was out in June?
The #Woke kids should have been able to go see it.

is the sequel set after endgame or during Carol's adventures in SPAAAAAAACE?

Yes, it is.

Who cares?

>It was decent
>twice
Niggas I'm disappointed. It's an action movie with poor action scenes and a blank slate as the protagonist.
So many people are fawning over bad action movies these days. It feels like a dead genre.

Watched it three times with my wife's son while she went out with her male friends. We loved it!

So now that we've gotten to the point where a movie's success can be written off as fake news, where do we even go? Is this just the future of discussion?
>I didn't like that movie so it was a flop! If you tell me otherwise you're a shill!

Jesus Christ

We're past that point

Most the people calling it a flop haven't even seen a TRAILER for the movie

Attached: images (5).jpg (300x168, 11K)

The future of discussion is pretending that mediocre/bad movies succeeding is a good thing. Actually not the future, it's already happening on normie boards and social media.

You mean like Aquaman or Alita?

Yes

>Alita
>Bad
For future reference, broadcasting your own stupidity is a bad idea

I enjoyed Aquaman more than Captain Marvel

Both had good action and cinematography.

>Alita
>Bad
Worst I can say is that the Scrapyard wasn't quite shitty enough and the crowd scenes were a bit too "normal" looking. And maybe making Hugo a bit too innocent and offing Vector.

/combrl/ has been like this for years.

I didn't see any of the skepticism towards Aqua Man's billion dollar box office that I've seen towards CM.

>That garbage
>Decent
>Secondary characters are more prominent than Fungus Larson even the cat has more charisma
>Plot holes everywhere
>Mary Sue
>CGI was horrible
>Ruined Fury, Skrulls, Mar-vell, and the whole Avengers origin and made their actions meaningless.
>Inmigrant propaganda
>White man bad / inept
>Whole point of the movie is "never be under control or use your head and be an emotional retard"
>First half is sleep fest.
>"You know why ther call it a cockpit?"
I could go on fuck that garbage.

And poorly edited action scenes

its dead. not worth anything at all anymore

Dark Knight dropped in July 2008. I guess just tentpole and maybe budget.

Succeeding?
Not really.
Disney opened it up in every theatre possible across the entire planet and practically gave tickets away.
That's how you puff up trash movies/movies made to just...be something to watch.

Even with samuel l jackson's fury being brought in and summarily raped as a character...it's still not doing too well