Shazam

New (china) trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=2lek0a0Xb04

Attached: shazam-dc-2019.jpg (900x500, 85K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MxbwCZMCni8
boards.fireden.net/co/search/filename/deadpool1.jpg/
boards.fireden.net/co/search/filename/D0zxDQxU8AA7gFU.jpg/
variety.com/2019/film/news/seven-bucks-productions-hiram-garcia-dwayne-johnson-fighting-with-my-family-1203131584/
thathashtagshow.com/2019/03/08/exclusive-new-black-adam-script-features-hakwman-atom-smasher-and-stargirl/
youtube.com/watch?v=h0ZD6Wmu2L8
businessinsider.com/zack-snyder-old-interview-batman-prison-rape-2016-5
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Okay, the “mile away” conversation made me laugh

God I love that one particular gag where somebody is doing a monologue but the other character is just too far away to hear it.

Attached: Kung Fu Panda 2.x264.BrRip.YIFY[12-07-06].jpg (1280x544, 54K)

I thought Shazam was magic Superman, does he not have superhearing?

Thus looks really good. What I love the most is that for some reason, I can actually dig the jokes made in this while I can't stand that quippy shit done in JL, and MCU's Phase 2 and 3. The Sivana speech set up was pretty solid, I just wish other movies wouldn't make their jokes be just a bunch of stupid and unfunny one-liners

I don't recall him ever having that superpower but I could be wrong

No if anything he's more He-Man minus the sword but with lightning bolts.

>that kid humming the original Superman theme
Fuck me, I want to see this movie so bad. Say what you will, but I really think that apart from Justice League, WB does put out good movies. Even Suicide Squad was enjoyable even though it was quite goofy at times

Nope. Doesn’t have enhanced sight either. Really the only comparable thing between the two are flying bricks.

Yeah, that was a good poke at a common convention without being too snide.

I'm no expert on him but his name spells out the core aspects of his power set, and I don't think any of the gods mentioned have super hearing. Plus I recall someone posting his early stuff and there's sort of a point about Billy working at a radio station so he can keep tabs on the latest news since he can't just hear what's going on in the city.

>aquaman T-shirt
what the fuck? also
>the best trailer
>for china
goddamnit, but this movie looks so fucking god

God damn, the jokes were hilarious! I want spend so much money on this movie!

Keep the Damage Control going shills

Attached: 20190208_144641.jpg (2896x2896, 621K)

PLEASE SAVE OUR MOVIE CHINA!!

>AHHHHH SAVE ME CHINA

Yea Forums company war fags are even more cringey than Yea Forums ones.

wew, normally i hate superhero movies (especially marvel shit) but this looks fantastic

i'm def taking all my friends to the early premier

Y’ know. The MCU has probably made more money than Friday the 13th will ever make. But I don’t care, because I don’t give a shit about the money a movie makes, just whether I like the characters, and I will always love Jason Voorhees more than any MCU hero

>caring about companywarshit

>i'm def taking all my friends to the early premier
Enjoy your empty theater

>Hobbs and Shaw will make 500 million the first day like any stupid F&F film
>DOOD THE BOX OFFICE MAKES BETTER MOVIES
seriously fuck off, it's boring

>shitting on people who want to see a good movie
Disney movie fags are the worst thing on this board

S for the Wisdom of Solomon
>Superhuman Knowledge
>Clairvoyance
>Omni-lingual (can speak every language including dead/ancient/lost languages and can understand aliens)

H for the Strength of Hercules
>super-strength

A for the Stamina of Atlas
>Self-Sustenance: He does not need to eat, sleep, or breathe as Shazam.
>Superhuman Stamina

Z for the Power of Zeus
>Magical Resistance
>Physical Enhancement
>Inter-dimensional Travel
>Sorcery
>Advanced Healing

A for the Courage of Achilles
>Invulnerability
>Optimism

M for the Speed of Mercury
>Superhuman Speed
>Flight

he doesn't have heat vision, xray vision, telescopic vision, super hearing, super breath, etc like superman. But he is equivalent in all the other powers

Say the word

Attached: MV5BMjIyNTkwODY1OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTUyMTA5NjM@._V1_.jpg (1382x2048, 431K)

SHAZOOM!

Haha, wow! Now THIS is the real Captain Marvel (Shazam) I know! Nice to see DC keeping things so funny and wholesome I'm extremely excited for this movie

This. This will the best cape movie this year hands down.

Rent Free

SHABAM!

You forgot to list lightning manipulation under Power of Zeus. Unless that is counted as sorcery.

wow, I sure do love how creative these posters are

Attached: D1jTMR2X0AAkaZI.jpg (1063x1052, 168K)

So could he take supes on in a fight? I know little billy looks up to supes but if he had to give him the old ONE TWO how would he do?

SHAZINGA

Superman’s vulnerable to magic empowered stuff, so Billy could

I'm afraid that Shazam won't do well overseas, they butchered the trailer for the latin american version. no flossing which was obviously the best part of the trailer.
youtube.com/watch?v=MxbwCZMCni8
any reports from other countries?

Attached: 1531778766893.png (130x173, 28K)

Well the comics tend to portray them as equals with Superman tending to have a slight advantage.

Attached: Captain_Marvel_Kingdom_Come_001.jpg (661x1024, 191K)

Bazinga!

Attached: D072m_7X4AEeMhp.jpg (600x314, 61K)

>I'm afraid that Shazam won't do well overseas
That's okay, it won't do well anywhere else either

So what are some good CapMarvel/Shazam stories. Aside from Whiz Comics run and Morrison's Thunderworld, already read those

Attached: GalleryComics_1920x1080_20141217_MULTIVERSITY_THUNDERWORLD_1_54861040411d91.55926827.jpg (1920x1080, 197K)

When Billy uses his magic he has an advantage, but Superman has experience on his side, as well as the fact that Billy would really hate to actually use magic to fuck up Supes.

lolfuck you

Attached: 1537909271781.png (389x345, 190K)

I always thought the Power of Shazam one-shot by Jerry Ordway was good

The Convergence Shazam tie in is good. Also the current Shazam! run is pretty good so far though only 3 issues are released for it. Though I would read The Curse of Shazam before you start reading it.

So really what is your problem man?

The Uyghur autonomous region
Mercury/Hermes is the patron of healers though. Zeus should have his shapeshifting.

>say my name
>"Shazam!"
no you stupid bitch

Attached: 1552132544792.jpg (645x995, 185K)

Is that Doctor Sivana? Why is he so tall?

SHAZZIGA

based

>no flossing
Latinos don't care about that gay shit

There's a descent level of hype in Mexico

Fuck off. Hail to the King, Baby.

Attached: 1552176272355.jpg (1024x623, 81K)

Because Mark Strong is a super chad

How did that meme picture go the last time you losers posted it? Did it go good?

Attached: D02N9o8XgAAgrcn.jpg (720x480, 54K)

Kill yourself ladderbro

>How did that meme picture go the last time you losers posted it
I thought it was funny. It clearly triggered the shit out of you

Cope ladderfag

Attached: ladderfag.jpg (4000x4120, 3.16M)

Justice, illustrated by Alex Ross, isn't a Captain Marvel solo, but he has a good presence there, a nice cooperative counter to the more antagonistic role he had in Kingdom Come.

Shazam tickets on sale

Sweet, thanks for the heads up

Sivana is a mega chad you mong. How do you think he got children like Beautia and Magificus?

like we keep on saying. Yea Forums is now home to at least a few paid Disney shills. You see them in every thread not even the cape ones.

Very strange making Sivana the guy Billy has to punch. But then again it doesn't appear that WB is intending to do sinister Black Adam and ramping up his heroic, though misguided, tendencies. Because god forbid Dwayne play a straight bad guy

Attached: Black Adam.jpg (1500x2322, 731K)

Sivana is fun as fuck to watch and the only one Billy fights on a semi-recurring basis. One minute he's planning on world domination, next minute he's ruthlessly gunning down cops.

Black Asshole is just a perma virgin.

And the monster society of evil arc in power of shazam really shows how despicable a worm can be.

Oh I'm not denying Doctor Sivana is the more entertaining villain, far from it. I'm just disappointed that instead of the mad genius we're getting Mark Strong with lightning powers.

>tfw the movie is literally virgin vs chad

Maybe some of the good feelings about Captain Marvel will translate into improved box office for The Hero Formerly Known as Captain Marvel!

>How do you think he got children like Beautia and Magificus?
His handsome neighbor?

Sivana really did get powers in Thunderworld. I'm honestly more mad that Thaddeus and Gerorgina didn't get adapted, watching him commit crime with his kids and being okay with them ruling the world is kinda sweet.

That's different. Sivana used fucking science to get his own powers. This asshole just found a way to get back to The Rock of Eternity, steal a stick, and BOOM. Magic asshole. Comic Sivana colonized Venus for fuck sake

SHAMWOW!

Attached: shamwow.png (305x305, 82K)

Sivana is literally to hard to capture on film. All the shit he pulls in the comics would make Normie's head explode, and trigger Black Science Man's autism.

There is a prescreening in my area for Saturday, so I bought tickets. I hope it's good, memes aside.

Attached: 1548376606295.gif (200x190, 838K)

Oh fuck that. It's not hard, you just have him invent crazy shit, and hand wave the explanations like Doctor Who got away with for years with nonsensical science terms.
>"You made that word up!"
>"Of course I did, I INVENTED THIS FIELD OF SCIENCE!
Hell, just have Mark Strong with a Ghostbusters proton pack sucking the magic right out of Billy to juice himself

Attached: Doctor Sivana Bitch I'm Doing Science Right Now .jpg (1268x841, 493K)

I expect nothing special out of movie Sivana.
Like movie Desty Nova, he'll be a rote, evil monologue spouting heel.
The sole agenda of this movie is to smack us in the face with Billy and Freddy's teen precociousness until we submit to the idea that they are "really great characters".

Attached: Desty3.jpg (420x593, 76K)

next saturday you mean I just did the same its on fandango if anyone wants in

KA-CHOW

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 55K)

Was he inspired by Tawky Tawny?

Will Shazam have Tawky Tawny or at least Shazam meeting a tiger at a fight at the zoo?

Why are ladderbros so insecure?

Attached: 1459735670371.jpg (679x864, 86K)

SNEED

Leave him be. Mouseshills are pathetic little creatures

Fuck off

Piss off, MCUtard

Attached: captain-marvel-poster-goose.jpg (810x1200, 193K)

SHARINGAN!

Into the trash it goes.

What does Yea Forums think about Shazam getting sent to meet Tygra or Lion-O and the rest of the THUNDERcats instead of Tawky Tawny possibly by the Flash doing something with his powers or whatever?

What about the Tigersharks meeting people from Atlantis somehow like after some people or a person was transported through a portal underwater somewhere?

What about Cyborg getting transported maybe also by the Flash and meeting the Silverhawks?

Sound cool or is one or more too 'out there'?

Attached: 45904f8b922ead71460b8c48c9f0fda7.jpg (578x899, 110K)

Formerly Captain Marvel

If this is a success, does it, Wonder Woman and Aquaman finally justify the DCCU's existence?

It won't be and nothing will ever justify that piece of shit's existence

Success for this is equivalent to Captain Marvel's opening weekend over its entire worldwide run.
It really only justifies WB cranking out lower budget films and not trying to swing for the Avengers fences.

Aquaman had a Suicide Squad reception if you take out China throwing shit-piles of money at a Chinese director. In fact, minus China (as Skwad didn't open there) Aquaman underperformed Skwad.

Did Skwad justify the existence of the DCEU? Probably, because here we are.

He's a one stop shop,
Makes the panties drop,
He's a sweet talking, sugar coated Candyman!

Nigger

>It really only justifies WB cranking out lower budget films and not trying to swing for the Avengers fences
Well when you know you can't compete in the big league...

Pretty soon they'll just be direct to DVD like their animated shit

>Aquaman had a Suicide Squad reception if you take out China
Aquaman made 840mil without china. It beat GOTG2, Ragnarok and Homecoming if you take away their china bux
>Aquaman underperformed Skwad.
Flat out fucking lies

>it didn't count
user, please

Didn't Aquaman also had nice domestic succes?

based

Why? Most of there movies do well at the box office

Because he's a shitposter

Ticket price inflation is a bitch son.
This is where Aquaman fell at in the US.

Attached: Domestic middle ground.jpg (629x867, 126K)

Please stop replying to ladderbro

>if you take out China throwing shit-piles of money at a Chinese director
Wan isn't Chinese

>Christopher Lloyd will never play Sivana and Nova

Wonder Woman is the only film in the DCEU that managed to edge out Reynold's low-budget Deadpool in the States.

Attached: deadpool1.jpg (436x370, 69K)

Technically of descent though

Wan is a Chinese "sea turtle" and we both know it.

boards.fireden.net/co/search/filename/deadpool1.jpg/

Does Yea Forums under this situation think the Thundercats, Tigersharks Squadron/Tigersharks, and Silvershawks should get movies first before Shazam, Atlantean(s), or Cyborg are shown as being in a movie with them or should they make prequels afterwards?

Although really Atlanteans many years ago could have met beings on Water-O where the 'Tigershark' military or hero group are located and even changed appearance over time like they are said to have done in the Aquaman movie.

Norton could be a fine Nova, if they wrote him even vaguely resembling Nova.
He's a good "crazy" character, but in the movie he's another dull "let me explain to you my Evil Plan" badguy of the week.

I know it's an origin movie, but is anybody else concerned that the trailers are all almost entirely about him figuring out his powers?

That's because Man of Steel poisoned the well

Nah because we already know that that's from the start of the film. I'm glad they aren't showing to much

They aren't spoiling the whole movie in the trailer.

Doubtful. Maybe Shazam, Wonder Woman, The Suicide Squad, and The Batman depending on the actor and even then none of them will reach a billion

No one wants to pay for shit like Joker, Birds of Prey, or The Trench and if the small budget shit starts bombing then there's nowhere to go but straight to DVD

They don't want to spoil the Marvel Family but if one's been following news, it's obvious

Movies don't have to make a billion to be successful. You do know that a DC film has been WB's biggest earner for the past 3 years right? There's absolutely no reason for them to stop
>No one wants to pay for shit like Joker
I think you're in for a shock on that one

>The Trench

what

Oh. I can agree with that. Birds of Prey (Most likely) and the Trench have flop written all over them. Though i see Joker doing a similar stunt like Venom did

Apparently there's an Aquaman spinoff in the works about the Trench.

The villain is so dull they even make fun of him being a boring monologue-spouter.
So we'll have the obligatory CGI punch-each-other-around-the-city, (without the obnoxious color filter), but beyond that the whole selling point is boyish shenanigans.
I expect 15 minutes of "here is Billy's life before Wizard", a Wizard scene, an hour of "DUDE YOU HAVE POWERZ" and a wrap up battle where Billy learns some life lesson.

>Tim Curry will never voice him

In fairness, Deadpool was a higher risk than any cape movie since Iron Man and MCU fans expected it to fail because Fox

Attached: Screenshot_20190208-190335_Chrome.jpg (1079x1273, 547K)

I'd love to know what the budget for Birds of Prey is probably about the same as Shazam

>MCU fans
Are not a bloc, and a lot of people expected it to be good because Reynolds poured his soul into it.
It wasn't expected to do THAT well, with the R-rating hanging on its neck, but comedies sometimes break expectations like that.

Fucker took off his specs in his FIRST SCENE! He had one humanizing moment in the entire manga, and they blew it already.

You can blame Johns who doesn't get shit on enough for his DCEU influence

Probably never gonna happen. The only DC films we know for sure are coming are Birds of Prey, Wonder Woman 2, The Suicide Squad, The Batman, Super Pets and Aquaman 2. Black Adam isn't definite but I'd say it's likely to go ahead now

There won't be a sequel, they've destroyed most of the plot elements that comprised the rest of the original material anyway.
There will never be another Alita movie, and I'm OK with that.

People confuse "we are writing up a script" with "This movie is definitely a thing that will happen" all the time here.

$63 million

>Probably never gonna happen
Already set for December 2020

This look even better. ¡MUY PRONTO!

Really? Fucking bomb proof mate. It would have to be a bigger train wreck than fan4stic to lose money if that's the budget

Proof? That would be pitting it against Avatar 2

Admittedly, studios can crank out CGI monster-of-the-week films pretty easily, and a lot of the CGI work for the monsters is in the can already.
Basically they just need to film some television-tier actors acting scared on a ship/lighthouse/whatever. Anyone attached to it actor-wise?

Any Joker/Ms Joker movie made for under 100 million is an almost guaranteed return on investment.
That's exactly what WB is counting on.

>It would have to be a bigger train wreck than fan4stic to lose money
If anyone could do it...

Attached: D1aGN9_WoAATg_O.jpg (750x752, 63K)

this movie reminds me of family movies from the 80s and the 90s

Ladderbro, remember when you said Aquaman would be the biggest flop of the year?

Even as a big critic of the DCEU, I have to say that this bombing is basically impossible.

Ladderbro is an autist who claims everything DC makes will flop

I've already been called "Ladderbro" once in this thread, along with probably at least two other people.
You don't have to join in on this one Company Warrior's obsession.

Is Mark Strong going to play all DC villians?
Because I'd be fine with that

As long as I never have to experience EisenzuckerLuthor again I'm ok with that.

People said Captain Marvel making a billion was impossible

Attached: D0zxDQxU8AA7gFU.jpg (992x1200, 157K)

>Mark Strong will never play Lex Luthor

Attached: 411144114.jpg (399x388, 70K)

These "people" resent Disney's take on Star Wars to a degree that precludes rational thought.

I don't know what this low quality image is supposed to mean

Ladderbro, I love you obsession with Birds of Prey specifically
boards.fireden.net/co/search/filename/D0zxDQxU8AA7gFU.jpg/

It is a scene from BOP showing Black Mask and Cassandra Cain

He thinks that Ms Joker goofballing around with a bunch of other Grrrl superheroes and villains won't find a large audience. Pity him.

He already is though

Look same dad and everything

Attached: Smallville_lluthor.jpg (250x309, 18K)

>his obsession
I imagine you have one of those walls with printed clippings of Yea Forums threads connected by strings.
You know, to go with your wall of "collected evidence" jpeg.

Because it's a comic movie about women? Yeah that really hurt Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel

He was good.

sure laddebro

No he wasn't.

Birds of Prey will be a hit. Harley Quinn is a very popular character.

What was his problem? Objectively speaking.

Especially if it's budget is only 63mil. It could make 200mil and be profitable at that price

bluepilled and redpilled

His motivation was absolutely retarded. His shit Joker masquerading as Luthor acting was abysmal. The shitty hair cut.

I don't even blame Eisenberg, he probably could have played a really good coldhearted, cut throat businessman Lex Luthor if it wasn't for the shit directing and writing.

NIGGER

I thought he was going to play Lex like the Social Network but with more murder. Not some jittering spastic

Don't speak for me you piece of caca
i love the zoomer dance

>His motivation was absolutely retarded
Why?
>His shit Joker masquerading as Luthor acting was abysmal
He isn't like Joker, this is a meme.
>he probably could have played a really good coldhearted, cut throat businessman Lex Luthor
So you dislike him because he isn't like how you wanted him to be. That's fine, but I asked "objectively speaking". His acting was good.

>Why?
His retarded thing of wanting to see 2 odds fight and the retarded convoluted nonsense he did to get Batman and Superman to fight was retarded

>He isn't like Joker, this is a meme.
He was, he was playing a shit one

>So you dislike him because he isn't like how you wanted him to be.
Yes, the gall of me for wanting a character named Lex Luthor to be Lex Luthor. But that wouldn't even have been that big of a problem if what we got in it's place wasn't such shit

>His acting was good.
Him hamming it up to a fantastical degree wasn't.

>His retarded thing of wanting to see 2 odds fight and the retarded convoluted nonsense he did to get Batman and Superman to fight was retarded
He wanted to prove to the world that idols are a farse. This way of thinking is likely related to his abusive childhood.
>He was, he was playing a shit one
The way he talks, his body posture etc are totally different from the Joker.
>Yes, the gall of me for wanting a character named Lex Luthor to be Lex Luthor.
"Muh sauce material" isn't an argument.
>Him hamming it up to a fantastical degree wasn't.
He played an eccentric and selfish character.

I still have to see an objective flaw on his performance.

They just had a screening for more critics. Should get some more reactions soon

Really I know that Japan had a screening recently but was not aware critics were getting another one.

Attached: Sup, Ladderbro.jpg (1071x1049, 50K)

Even Antman and the Wasp's entire run was more than Carol's opening weekend.

If you're going to try to make a math analogy, at least pass the grade school class.

I know the Mouse College Intern College Credit is all you get paid in but you do realize that unless you do your reading, 'ritin and 'rthmatic, all you'll be doing is cleaning toilets at night at Disney World?

Mendelson was talking about seeing it tonight he also said the full review embargo is being lifted on the 23rd but I think we already knew that

The conversation in the air made me legit laugh.

Ya the review embargo being lifted the 23rd was already known

EisenLuthor evinced none of the diabolical intelligence of the classic character, the ruthless ambition, the sheer nerve of someone who can spit in the eye of Superman.

EisenLuthor came off as a shitty parody/poke at Mark Zuckerberg. His only similarity to any decent Luthor was "rich guy who hates Superman".

Attached: EisenLuthor2.png (476x311, 206K)

Why do you people only care about box office and RT scores? I don't think I've ever actually seen discussion about the movie itself. Just a pissing contest about money and arbitrary numbers. Sad.

I thought they changed these when they made the wizard the Australian lightning god.

More critics screenings in New York tonight.

Attached: edwardsshazam.png (614x350, 40K)

Attached: simsshazam.png (597x594, 64K)

Attached: shazam1.png (613x268, 37K)

Yeah well Captain Marvel will still be more culturally impactful and make more money so HA

>Australian lightning god
Whens the Cleverman joining the DCEU

>shill slaves of the mousejews have to mention captain cuntwhore in every shazam thread
RENT
FREE

Attached: DzQTnfhUUAATeGH.jpg (1200x561, 34K)

>Sam Raimi

Uh Oh

>Armageddon has arrived
>Superman looking straight at Billy's dick
Uh, what?

no, that's just on Darkseid War when he searches for new gods to power Billy and reveals himself to be the australian god which was really stupid

Will he say Holy Moley? He did even in the TV show
Will Hoppy be in it?

Attached: d29beb23639ded056f6fd424cb984a62.jpg (400x611, 66K)

What, did you expect him to name it "Jumbo" like LBJ?

Heck you had that kid humming the classic Superman theme while smacked Superman and Batman figures together.

DCU is weird

Whew lad.
Forgot our Company Wars ptsd meds again?

Back in the golden age he was showing off new bullshit that only got used once like you'd expect from silver age Superman. He also regularly used a form of super hypnotism, something that he shared with early Superman.

Attached: captain_marvel_stand.png (446x416, 443K)

You're still stuck in "not muh". I bet you don't like Cavill's Superman or Affleck's Batman either.

>SHOPLIFTERS
See if pretentious film snobs love it you will too

Is it stupider than him being powered by non-gods?

No one does

Not even Cavill and Affleck which is why they quit

Ooof. It must actually be pretty good if they're just outright saying stuff like that

If it's in the movie it'll be him about to say "holy shit" but then change it to moley at the last second because Darla is right there.

>Sam Raimi
JUST SAY THE WORD !

Attached: 1527605641576.png (640x470, 58K)

This dude hates Superhero movies so it speaks volumes

Billy is going to show Superman why one of the A's in his magic word stands for the stamina of Atlas.

The worst reaction I've seen from any critic has basically been 'it's good'.

At this point, I'll be shocked if it doesn't get 90-95% RT, because if IndieWire thinks it's great, well it's probably pretty damn good.

>Sam Raimi
now I have to see it

WB doesn't pay off critics.
No.
No they do not.

>I'll be shocked if it doesn't get 90-95% RT,
Way to jinx yourself genius

Aquaman all over again

>Sam Raimi
Billy, no!

David Ehrlich liked it. I'm shocked by that alone

Nah, this is more so Wonder Woman 'social media reactions' where its obvious the movie is going to be critically acclaimed.

Shazam! gonna demolish Carol on RT.

Attached: 1531904050809.png (640x342, 39K)

what a random comparison to make and lol at pretending there's anything to Voorhees at all

Absolutely based

Attached: 7F4Y9Vv.png (784x720, 479K)

>In fact, minus China (as Skwad didn't open there) Aquaman underperformed Skwad.
Aquaman did 845 mil without China, SS did 746.

I HAVE COME TO SAY THE N WORD!

Attached: shazamma-9438.jpg (500x500, 170K)

... didn't love the other Captain Marvel.

Attached: rothshazam.png (640x438, 51K)

Hate to sound like Yea Forums but IT LOOKS LIKE KINO IS BACK ON THE MENU BOYS

Sen has cute art

Attached: DCZoom_Promo.0.jpg (1200x800, 156K)

>Mister Mind is actually in the post credits scene
Say hello to the next Thanos

Attached: lit.jpg (1242x1672, 249K)

Fuck please let this movie be a hit. I need a Mr Mind sequel

Given that it's seemingly getting universal praise and only cost 80-90 million, it will almost assuredly get a sequel.

Shazam 2 - Mr. Mind
Shazam 3 - Black Adam

If WB wanted it to be a hit they should of moved the date

Captain Marvel and Endgame are going to kill it

This is DC. You get Luthors and God-Generals.
This time you get Magic Luthor.
Enjoy your fucking Magic Luthor and shut up.

Both are seperated from it by weeks.

Attached: APcritic.png (640x406, 55K)

CM will be in week 5 earning around 12-15 million by that point.

Avengers isn't out til week 4 and movies usually make close to 75% of their business by that point.

Pic related critic bitched about the octopus in Aquaman.

Attached: mikeryanshazam.png (640x264, 33K)

>Santa gag
Thank goodness I was worried Christmas would just be in the background

I know it's a meme, but why does ladderbro hate DC movies specifically? It's just capeshit like Marvel. Is he just an autistic Marvel fanboy with a massive hateboner for anything that is DC?

Attached: D1lbezgU0AA1kH-.png (530x883, 404K)

So Shazam! is going to secretly be a Christmas movie?

I think it stems from the New 52, when he was under the trip Roasted Bread

Holy fuck, they're the same person?

It's not movies. Its literally everything DC. I dn't know how somebody can be "winning" and still be sound like such a loser

Yes

Christmas is all over the background of the movie it's just nice to know that there's more to it than set dressing

Attached: DqmantRX0AExsik.jpg (913x1200, 188K)

GO WEB

Bum bum BUm

Attached: Screenshot_20190313-231435_Chrome.jpg (1079x1769, 687K)

Don't care if Captain Marvel is successful. Brie is still a vindictive bitch who gets triggered when people ask her if she's right or left handed.

>Grace likes it
I'm actually more worried now that it's bad

>vindictive
>easily triggered
So basically she'd fit right in here?

We don't know if she likes it yet (she does) she's saying she's about to watch it

She's probably in the middle of it now

Somewhere in between these we're getting a Black Adam solo movie.

I heard the rock is bowing out of the DC and putting in with the MCU.

That Namor movie is going to be made.

We've been "getting" one for so long now that I'm having serious doubts about the reality of it.

The plan according to producer Hiram Garcia, is for Black Adam to start filming in March 2020.

If this movie is a hit, WB is gonna really push Dwayne to get his ass ready to go and not keep putting it on the back-burner for other projects.

They finally started doing the casting for it

It starts production in March 2020.

Namor can do nothing but guest star in films as Universal currently has the rights to him for solo films.

Does it still not have a script?
A Director?
Anyone seriously attached to star in it? The Rock has signed nothing, he just tweets about it occasionally.

Supposedly looking to cast for Hawkman.

This

There's a reason he signed on to Jungle Cruise

Yes, it has a script, no it hasn't announced a director yet. The Rock and his production company are producers for Shazam! so they kind of have an interest in the project.

Maybe they should get a director first?
IMDB has only the Rock "attached" to it.

>Yes, it has a script
Written by whom? A script requires a screenwriter, and I don't see one listed.
Tell me it's not Goyer.

>I don't see one listed
Well maybe if you tried actually looking you would find it

variety.com/2019/film/news/seven-bucks-productions-hiram-garcia-dwayne-johnson-fighting-with-my-family-1203131584/
>We’re also ramping up a couple big projects like “Black Adam” and our goal is to get that going at the top of 2020. The script is coming along well and we’re in the polishing phase now and are looking to attach the right director to it. A lot of people consider Dwayne a superhero already, so to finally have him play one on screen in the DC universe is a dream for us.

No, i find another DRAFT of a script, this time by the guy who wrote Undateable, and apparently nothing else.

see

Yes, I can read too, it says they are working on a script. And looking for a Director.
I've heard this out of the "DCEU" before.

ladderbro, your autism is beyond tiring.

I'm not your Roasted Bread guy, and if your response to objective fact is "But Ladderbro!" I think you are projecting your own tism.
This is exactly where Black Adam was 3 years ago.
Yes, if Shazam kills it at theaters, we will probably see a push for Black Adam. I think we can agree on that. But as a film it's still in the earliest conceptual stages. It can just as easily not happen or turn into something else like Justice League Dark.

>But as a film it's still in the earliest conceptual stages
Despite the fact that the producer said
>we’re in the polishing phase now
You're a jackass

Yikes!

Attached: Screenshot_20190313-234648_Chrome.jpg (1079x498, 142K)

Yeah I should have figured. Her tweet wasn't borderline incomprehensible emoji's

thathashtagshow.com/2019/03/08/exclusive-new-black-adam-script-features-hakwman-atom-smasher-and-stargirl/
>Late last month, scribe Adam Szytkiel, who was brought on by New Line back in 2017 to pen the Johnson vehicle, turned in an updated draft of the script which is sure to please fans of DC Comics. Szytkiel’s script seems to be taking some cues from Geoff Johns’ early 2000’s work with the character and sets up a battle of heavyweights as it pits Hawkman against the protector of Khandaq!
>Black Adam is tentatively set for a March 2020 start of production and is currently searching for a director

Absolutely no one is contracted to do this. They have no finished script, and no chosen location.
They are trying to finish the latest effort at a script, by a guy who has never scripted a movie in his life.
I appreciate your level of optimism, but again this movie has been in this limbo for years now.

I don't know why you felt the need to post this

Yes, I've read the complete article, and it makes it pretty clear this guy is still trying to hammer out a finished script. It's not that confusing an article.

Probably because it's a reaction in a reaction thread

A reminder that Flashpoint was much further along towards being a thing on multiple occasions than Black Adam is now.
Jared Leto's Joker movie actually HAD a finished script and a date set.

Attached: Sup, Ladderbro.png (1071x1049, 551K)

oh shit

Attached: Shazam.gif (245x170, 723K)

definitely

Attached: tumblr_oorm04pcjq1qai61bo1_1280.jpg (861x875, 149K)

Attached: MUH.jpg (1498x2013, 1.94M)

she loves it

Attached: uhpQqB0.png (761x935, 287K)

>I'm more of a Marvel person
So critics really do have a bias Shapiro was right

Ah, so cute

>That Namor movie is going to be made.
Not by Marvel

>billions in the ocean
I really hope they put that in after a re-shoot as a box office joke

>marvel makes superhero comedy
FUCKING QUIP BULLSHIT
>DC makes superhero comedy
BASED DC, SAVE US FROM THE MOUSE!

You're confusing DC fans with Snyder cultists

Ok, but what's his name?!

Shazams jokes are actually funny

>EisenLuthor evinced none of the diabolical intelligence of the classic character, the ruthless ambition, the sheer nerve of someone who can spit in the eye of Superman.
That was all present.

LOL
No it wasn't.
Just stop.

Oh you saw the movie?

No, but he saw the 2 minute trailer which you're making judgement calls on so fair is fair.

Yes, it was. Everything Lex did in the movie displayed his diabolical intelligence, his ruthless ambition and his sheer nerve. Even things that people made fun of like the jelly beans and the jar of piss.

Ah, you're a shill.

I didn't laugh.
And that constant shitspam of that faggot in that muscle suit drinking stuff and chewing gum was retarded from the moment I first saw it.

>jar of piss
>diabolical intelligence
ok, zack

I didn't like BvS at all, but I thought it was a decent portrayal of Lex. The problem is that his plan made no fucking sense, and they might have gone a bit too over the top with his mental instability.

No, i just liked BvS for some weird reason.
For example, i don't like MoS very much. But BvS for me is one of the best capeshit ever.

It kinda of was? It was a weird thing, i know, but that jar of piss exemplified Lex rubbing in the senator's face the fact that he used her and is going to dispose of her, and there's nothing she will be able to do about it. He was super spiteful and evil about it.

>I didn't laugh.
Shut it down everyone, it's been decided.

Wait.. How can Billy and Billy be in the same room?!

Is this an official edit? Considering it has the credits on there.

Yeah it is

>Store brand cola
The wisdom of Solomon

shut it mousejew shill-tranny slave

Wrong, I'm actually an Imagefag

FO SHIZZLE!

>marvel makes superhero comedy

The issue with Marvel has been that they're too afraid to let anything get too serious and they double down on comedy by jamming jokes into everything, at the expense of dramatic tension. They're way too insecure about their more crazy comic book stuff, that's why there's always so many self-deprecating jokes and dismissing costumes as too silly, and that's why Thor can't wear his helmet or Thanos can't wear his iconic armor more than a short period before it's discarded for more "realistic" look. Same thing with Thanos' motivation of nerfing the Infinity Gauntlet. If you want to just make comedies with action sequences, just do that. Don't pretend you have to be taken seriously. Shazam is openly a comedy movie about a superhero. There's a very clear tonal difference.

The jar was a specific, petty insult to the senator. It could have just been real peach tea but retards like you latch into the piss thing simply because you're so stupid you can't criticize the movie intelligently and have to just go for the most juvenile thing you could come up with.

cry more, consumerist whore

hey
remember solomon was a super rich jew.
That wealth aint gonna save itself

It's over, Superfags! The Big Red Cheese will reign supreme once again! The Superman is dead. Bury it.

Attached: 1526539942463.jpg (350x574, 81K)

Listen to the man

Attached: Trevor+noah+is+the+man+_0f741448991df423e3038d3368e6e6ef.jpg (235x234, 9K)

Supes supposedly shows up in a blink-and-you'll miss it cameo.

It's to gauge public interest in Superman

they're not screening it only for critics though

They are though.

says the marvel mouse loving tranny

nope, they are screening for fans as well

Attached: CHADZAM!.jpg (826x1280, 1.45M)

Well kinda like Carol, right?

Since Spider-Man 1 and 2 are the best superhero movies ever made, the Raimi comparisons make me HYPE

Ehh, Doom Patrol is about 25 percent shitting on Johns through shitting on him forcing Cyborg into places he doesn't belong

Gotta please their rat overlord somehow.

>Disney fan actually calling someone else a consumerist whore

irony

Not until the 23rd

Attached: nword.png (1366x1366, 631K)

>Affleck's Batman
Batfleck is an objectively terrible representation of Batman, especially in your mainline universe, because he's literally a murderous sociopath with no ethics or morals to speak of. That's not Batman. it's the Punisher wearing a Batman skin suit.
>inb4 b-buh Tim Burton's Batman killed too.
Yeah, and Tim Burton doesn't read comics or care about the source material.

>It is the champion's burden Billy.

I'm actually reading The old Captain Marvel Adventures, and besides being kind of racist even for it's time, it's legit hilarious to read, partially because of the insane fucking stunts Captain Marvel pull with super strength alone but because is literally the chaddest superhero ever. He won't just beat you down, he'll rub your face in it in spectacular ways. He's almost bizarrely petty. It's great fun to read.

Attached: MAN_I_WISH_SIVANNA_WOULD_JUST_DIE_ALREADY.png (978x724, 1.66M)

More captain marvel wrecking house

Attached: top_10_anime_battles.jpg (1000x1394, 386K)

Literally everyone has a Marvel bias which is why they have three billion dollar movies this year and DC well let's be nice and just say doesn't

Attached: Screenshot_20190314-112903_Chrome.jpg (1079x1249, 530K)

Well yeah Aquaman got 1 Billion and it's funny to me why people liking Shazam makes you fucking seethe so much you spam every thread with the same images, lol.

is it true that if Black Adam say whatever his version of "shazam" is
that he'll die?

Why are you even fucking here? All you ever do is complain.

Attached: complain.jpg (1280x720, 96K)

>I'm not your Roasted Bread guy

Now that's a blast from the past. Whatever happened to Roasted Bread? He stopped posting about help on his essays years ago.

truth

>He just grabs some dude by the leg and proceeds to beat the shit out of everyone else with him.
What a champ.

Attached: 1512654115704.png (316x317, 175K)

In certain continuities yes. Black Adam and Shazam can't die of old age, but their human forms age independently of them and can die of old age. Because Teth is 1000s of years old, he'll die instantaneously if he goes back to normal, but Sivana has brought him back to life before, so death isn't necessarily permanent.

SHOTS FIRED

How can Marvel ever recover?

Attached: Screenshot_20190314-130725_Chrome.jpg (1079x1595, 597K)

Based dubs

Attached: c8cb7566079e0093956333821e5950c8.jpg (500x500, 43K)

It's only a one shot, but it's great.

Attached: 51ZdZ+0DOzL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (260x345, 21K)

>jokes relating to Shazam’s original name can also be jabs at Captain Fungus
based

>chinese trailer

Attached: china-pooh-thats-not-honey-youre-eating-41483363.jpg (500x522, 82K)

>Power Of Zeus
can he also turn into a swan?

At least Billy knows how to party. He wins in the best way possible.

Attached: Alex-Ross-is-rolling-in-his-grave-4.jpg (645x995, 181K)

Sorry, but all references to Winnie the Pooh are banned. I'm gonna have to put you down.

Attached: Goofy has a FUCKING GUN!.png (720x540, 309K)

Just picked up this retrospective book. Always liked Kidd's stuff since getting the Batman TAS book he designed.

Attached: Shazam-The-Golden-Age-of-the-Worlds-Mightiest-Mortal-Chip-Kidd-3.jpg (456x575, 202K)

Well, there's no God here today.

Attached: 1548862600646.jpg (193x250, 9K)

>Sivana throws his brother out of a skyscraper window, then lets the seven deadly sins eat everyone in the boardroom including biting a dudes head off. It did not fit the rest of the movie tonally at all. The board members flock to the door to the room and press up against the glass and try to escape but they cant get out and all die. Also a research woman gets disintegrated when she touches a door. all of this happens in the first 30 minutes of the movie or so.
Now I get why critics are comparing this to Sam Raimi

Attached: SevenDeadlySins_-_New_52.jpg (1792x2336, 1.72M)

Yrah. The part where Sivana says that Hitler did nothing wrong was a bit over the top.

BvS essentially did what Kingdom Come did, show all the heroes in a bad place where they've cast aside their morality, and then have Superman act as a hero so he could be an inspiration to them all go back to their basics.

Even if this were the case (which I have doubts about, because based on an interview with Zach Snyder, I think he just did it because The original movie Batman did it), this shouldn't be how you first introduce a character like Batman, let alone gloss over it without even an attempt at the character justifying it. It's a fundamental aspect of Batman that he doesn't murder criminals lest he becomes what he hates the most, and you can't just un-murder people, meaning that aspect of his character is gone forever in this incarnation. It'd be like having our first introduction to Superman be post-return Superman, and he just never gets his powers back. Can you justify it? Technically. Should this be his default. Of course not.

Attached: Superman Returns.jpg (1227x1317, 739K)

Don't even compare the two. BvS was like if all the heroes were Magog. That idiot Snyder turned Bstmand and Superman into the kind of 90s anti-heroes Waid and Ross were making fun of.

Attached: owch_my_face_by_vorkedlarfleeze-d3frfqo.jpg (894x894, 82K)

Is it possible that Snyder is actually illiterate?

Attached: 1463452834662.jpg (400x456, 46K)

It wasn't just that. In Burton's Batman, you can see him directly or indirectly kill goons but that's somewhat justified when at the end he ends up killing Joker as well. You just buy into that version of the character or not, but that's who he is.
In this one he only kills and tortures nameless goons while much more dangerous villains like Joker and Deadshot are out there and he's not doing anything about it. He's even more hell bent on killing Superman than Joker, even though we see he likely killed one Robin. He just comes off as a total hypocrite.

Something that always got my knoggin joggin was, if Batman kills criminals, how come Joker, Deadshot, Harley and all these other dudes are still alive? He didn't even brand Lex Luthor when he had the chance. It's almost like Batman will murder the weak nameless goons because they're weak nameless goons, but he won't commit on anyone that can give him actual consequences, which just makes him seem like an even worse hero in retrospect.

Side note, it's a good thing Red Hood doesn't exist in this universe. Imagine Batman trying to reason with him about how he shouldn't be killing criminals.

Son of a gun I was just about to post this.

Monster Society of Evil by Jeff Smith.

Well, in this very same interview he mentions reading the Dark Knight Returns but he claims Batman killed all the time in that book as well so maybe he's not illiterate, but he's certainly full of shit.

Why Pelosi?

>Even if this were the case
That was precisely the case.
>let alone gloss over it without even an attempt at the character justifying it.
It wasn't glossed over.
Have you actually read Kingdom Come? It weren't just Magog and the new metas inspired by the 90's anti-heroes that were acting wrong in that story, BUT ALL OF THE OLD JUSTICE LEAGUE CHARACTERS TOO. The Justice League characters all became violent and oppressive in their own way. Because Superman wasn't there anymore to show them how to properly behave.
He got progressively worse with the appearance of Superman.
Does anyone here pay attention to things? Batman in the movie was getting more and more desperate by things never getting better despite all the sacrifices and efforts made. That's what got him more and more desperate and drove him to be more and more extreme in his actions. He wanted to affect chance, but no matter how extreme he'd get nothing would satisfy him. That desire to affect change slowly morphed his desire to kill Superman. Because his self-hatred, for never making Gotham better and only cost good people their lives, morphed into a hatred for Superman, for much the same reason. That's why he decided to sacrifice his life attempting to kill Superman. Because he thought that the would would be better off without him and Superman. That by doing this he would affect some positive change.
He didn't brand Lex Luthor in the end precisely because Superman's example change his mind about himself and his crusade. Superman redeemed him.

Seriously, guys. The movie isn't that complex. Just pay attention next time.

>He got progressively worse with the appearance of Superman.
He had been doing it for quite a while before the movie. Why didn't he go to get the big bad guys instead of torturing and murdering street level goons?

He only started to kill people during the middle of the movie, more specifically during the chase for the kryptonite. This when he'd already given up on his life for this retarded mission. Before that he was mostly just torturing and branding the criminals.

Batman degradation in the movie is a slow one. You actually get to see it.

Attached: 70-1.png (950x422, 211K)

based
people are probably being too sensitive as well

Attached: I started this company.jpg (640x352, 12K)

reminder that Captain Carol is also known as Sparklefists by their half a dozen fanbase

I like this post. And I just plain like DC better than Marvel. I'm sad that Marvel sold their soul to Disney and is not printing #WOKE gold. It doesn't excuse the DC movies from being mostly garbage, and I'm sad that they've been so lackluster. I legitimately hope this is a good, fun movie without either Marvel style virtue signalling or DC style angsty antiheroes.

>Batman wasn't ALWAYS murdering people guys
>He was just torturing them and marking them for death in prison cells.
WHY would you possibly try to justify this being the default Batman of the DCEU? WHY would anyone want this to be his first on screen appearance especially to a new generation of people who may be getting their early introductions to this character through this film Bold statement, I know, but my little sister's very first introduction to a piece of media with Batman was Batman Begins, so imagine if we had flashed forward a decade and she decided to watch BvS with me instead. When you read a fictional headline like the one you just posted, do you really think to yourself, "Oh, that's Batman." When Zack Snyder talks about how Batman "Has to shoot them in the head" youtube.com/watch?v=h0ZD6Wmu2L8 do you really think to yourself "Oh, that's Batman." I'm not saying that Batman needs to be some squeaky clean Adam West hero, but if they really wanted Batman to have this dark descent in this film, he shouldn't be killing regular mooks, he should be killing Superman and JUST Superman. The idea of Superman being the only exception Batman makes to his no killing rule would actually be pretty solid for Batman's character development, or at least a scene where he kills someone and actually shows empathy like a functioning human being, but the first extended scene we have with him ALREADY has him gunning down cars and blowing people up. That's horrible characterization and even worse, all of this "development" you're talking about happens off screen so Zack Snyder can have an excuse to blow shit up and gun down cars.

Even worse, there is no explicit statement for when Batman first starting killing people. So if I said something like, "Batman has been killing mooks for years, but the bat brand is entirely new" that statement couldn't be proven false, because him not killing directly has never been acknowledged.

Calm down, dude.
Batman hadn't been killing for years and we know this because Alfred pointed it out.
Batman descent wasn't also just because of Superman, but because he felt powerless and worthless in the face of Gotham's never-changing shitty state. That made him see his crusade as a lie, his moral code superfluous, his efforts as meaningless, and the sacrifices tragic. That's why he became more violent and started branding criminals. He wanted to leave a permanent mark on them. When that proved not enough and he learned that the brandished criminals had been killed off he started to see the death of the criminals as the only possible deterrent. Eventually even that proved not enough as well to him. That's when he told Alfred that criminals are like weeds. The point is nothing, not matter how extreme, seemed to satisfy him.

That's when in his self-hatred he started to see Superman as someone like him. Someone who believes he's doing good and being useful helping out when in fact his actions are meaningless in the grand scheme of things and the only thing he's really doing is ruining the lives of everyone around him with his misguided attempt to feel important. That's what that 1% speech to Alfred was about. Him comparing himself to Superman and justifying the murder of Superman as preventing Superman from eventually going as desperate and bad as he himself went. He sees doing that as the only way possible for him to affect some positive change in the world. Nothing else seemed to work. But this, ridding the world of himself and Superman, might.

Batman was utterly in the wrong, yes, and the movie showed this, but his train of thought and actions made sense in his stupid brain. We can see it.

>Calm down, dude.
I'm not mad, just, frustrated I guess. I don't think Batman killing is necessarily a bad thing. Like I said with the idea of him killing only Superman, it could make for a very compelling storyline if handled properly. I just feel like it wasn't handled properly, because there's no significance Batman places on what he's doing to others. There's too much telling and not enough showing of Batman's downward spiral. When Superman first killed someone, we got to see him break down and scream to the heavens, but when we first see Batman kill someone, he just keeps going with no end in sight. Not that I'm saying he should hop out of his car and begin sobbing on the floor, but still, at least give me a scene prior where he kills a man in an alley or something. Let me have a scene where Gordon tells him he's gone too far and they break connections. Something, ya know. Even after he has his change of heart, he's still busting skulls with crates and shooting goons with their own guns, so it just leaves me thinking to myself, "What change has he really gone through when he's still killing mooks?"

Maybe if there were a prequel to show just how bad things were getting for him, I wouldn't be here complaining, but for what we got, I'm pretty disappointed. You do raise some good points though. This all probably makes sense in his mind, and if we had more time with Batman and just Batman dealing with Gotham, maybe things could've been great, but still.

>The latest superhero blockbuster, "Batman v Superman," was gloomy, joyless, and poorly reviewed.

>But according to a revealing interview with director Zack Snyder from 2008, it could've been much worse.

>Snyder spoke to Entertainment Weekly about his then upcoming movie "Watchmen." During the interview, he revealed that he had very different ideas about the Caped Crusader than fellow director Christopher Nolan, who directed "Batman Begins."

>He said:

>Everyone says that about "Batman Begins." "Batman's dark." I'm like, "Okay, no, Batman's cool." He gets to go to a Tibetan monastery and be trained by ninjas. Okay? I want to do that. But he doesn't, like, get raped in prison. That could happen in my movie. If you want to talk about dark, that's how that would go.

>So while Snyder's grizzled Batman bludgeoned Superman with a kitchen sink, blew henchmen up with grenades, drank excessively, and branded criminals, at least he didn't get sexually assaulted behind bars. Maybe Snyder is saving that dramatic set piece for 2017's "Justice League: Part One."

>The 50-year-old director also talks about how Superman would "pull your arm out of your socket" if he grabbed you.

>"People call me a superhero, but I don't even know what that means," Snyder's violent, imagined Superman says. "I just blew this guy to bits!"

>Snyder's own explanation of how he sees superheroes goes a long way toward explaining why "Batman v Superman" was such a boring, self-serious, and hyper-violent train wreck.

businessinsider.com/zack-snyder-old-interview-batman-prison-rape-2016-5

There was actually very little telling in the movie. The movie while not having Gordon, had Alfred doing much the same thing you said.
And the change of heart occurred after Superman's death, user. He took Superman's death as his own personal failure because of the way he acted throughout the movie. There's a bit about Superman and Batman's father, Thomas Wayne, sharing the same role in the movie, but that's beside the point.
Oh, look. That stupid interview again that has no bearing on the movie.

But if he had a change of hearts, why is he still gunning down mooks in his jet and bashing their heads in with crates in the very next scene?

Like i said. During that brief hour he was still very much in the old mindset. He promised to save Superman's mom and did by following his new way. It's ONLY after Superman's death that he has time to do a introspection, blame himself for that death, the death of a real hero (like his own father), and decide to live up to Superman's name and example.

Superman's sacrifice is the catalyst.

Attached: m66nnvr20kjy.jpg (1200x847, 162K)

Batman never has an opportunity to show he's a changed man though, because nearly the entirety of the following film replaces humans with aliens from Apokolips. That just turns everything he's gone through into lip service, because he's still never given a chance to show he's a changed man. And there's the problem. There's no emotional impact to what Batman does or the promise that Batman will become better because he never seems to care or hesitate in what he does until the realization that Superman has a family makes him realize how much of an asshole he's been. But even then, there's still nothing to say that he's any better than when he started aside from words. It's still telling, with no showing.

That's on the JL movie, though. BvS gave you the promise, but JL didn't deliver on it. Hell, they even doubled on his suicidal tendencies.

They tried to portray Batman in JL as if he was Steve Trevor in WW. It was a fucking stupid decision done for shipping.

>But even then, there's still nothing to say that he's any better than when he started aside from words. It's still telling, with no showing.
He not killed Superman, for one, and instead dropped everything to try to help.

He also got more hopeful about the future and people in general, decided to live to honor Superman, and wanted to recruit the meta-humans for them to act like heroes as Superman did.

And then he guns down a bunch of mooks with his jet and begins killing people all over again for Martha. This is cyclical story telling, and if I said, "Batman doesn't care about who he has to kill to get what he wants" this scene would only reinforce that notion.

Yes, but then later on he changes completely and we see that when he decides to not brand Luthor.

>but then later on he changes completely
Not branding one person doesn't spell a complete change of character user. The fact that he even came to do so but reconsidered at the last moment is proof enough of this. It's a start though, and that's a positive, but this is far from what I'd call closure for Batman's character. Anyways, this has been an interesting conversation, but I actually gotta get going. Have a good one user.

Sure, user. I concede that the movie is bloated with too much stuff and it left little room for characterization, but i feel there were some nice things there. I like BvS more than MoS. Nice talking to you. Have a wonderful day.

THUNDERCATS! HOOOOOOOOOO!

Editor:
>the dangerous criminal Sivana is still on the loose
>YOU! Child! Go look into that.

Billy:
>I wish that faggot was dead.

I fucking love golden age.

Reminds of the scene in Spider-Man 2 when Doc Ock’s tentacles kill a bunch of people in a hospital. Both films are by horror directors so Sandberg was probably inspired by Raimi’s Spider-Man.

He probably refers to that one panel where Batman hits that kidnapper with that high powered rifle.

That part always stuck out when reading. Some say that it wasn't a kill shot, some say that Batman is just fantasizing shooting the guy, but it's never mentioned again so who the fuck knows.
Taking TDKR as a template for Batman is dumb anyway. It was Batman at his end with the world in the shitter, not what regular ass Batman would be. But Snyder is hardly the only one who made that mistake. 99% of Batman writers are retards who do this over and over again.

I think I heard from somewhere it was a rubber bullet or some other form of riot round. But I'm not entirely sure. It's been a while since I've read DKR after all.

Batman actually killed the mutant and later bullshit'd about it. Same with the Joker. He killed the Joker, but later convinced himself that the Joker snapped his own neck.

Attached: file.png (310x468, 290K)

I think we see the blood splatter on the wall. But the panel is, if I recall, differently colored then the rest of the sequence which plays into the Batman day dreaming theory. Like the monochrome scenes are fantasies or something. But, I also haven't read that thing in a decade.

The Golden Age sure has some golden moments

He's right, from a certain point of view. Nolan's Batman only got dark with The Dark Knight, which is why it felt so different from Begins and Raises.