Goddess Mode is now nominated for the Hugo's Awards. But something's fishy going on, like someone keeps nominating her...

Goddess Mode is now nominated for the Hugo's Awards. But something's fishy going on, like someone keeps nominating her. First her awful CON book nominated, now her awful Goddess Mode comic nominated.

Attached: goddessmodeunsoldcomics.jpg (614x851, 209K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zz--i3M4PVk
archive.li/rjPCS
archive.li/XOiQS
youtube.com/watch?v=HtuAZK9SC-E
comicsbeat.com/tilting-at-windmills-268-looking-at-bookscan-2017-and-this-time-its-certified/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Whoever runs the store in OP's pic is clearly a bad businessman and overestimated the book's audience.

Hugo’s just have shit taste. Same with the Eiseners.

literally what?

The Hugos are meaningless now.

What even is this?

>zoe quinn
that's all you need to know.

Nothing new, awards like this are never about whether the comic is actually good, they're just a circle jerk of pretentious assholes inhaling eachother's farts. Just look at the Oscars

>Get sold to shops
I dont know if they had to order them?
I dont can believe that someone is so dumb to order 50 issues from DC.
Unconnected to the DCU.
From a no-name writer.

Sadly this It too obvious since the 2010s.

>thinking comic shops get to choose what gets delivered to them anymore

Thats why they changed to "Topseller", "Sold issues" or "Sold issues".
Awards are nice but meaningless.

They still can. But the big 2s started to raise minimum orders or bundles them.

>hugo award winner
Who gives a fuck

Attached: 1493856712078.jpg (598x597, 31K)

The Hugos have been a clown show for a while now.

>math is jewish

Yeah, that's a perfect example of how they don't understand statistics.

If you actually look at Hugo Award Winners for Graphic Fiction, it's just a carousel of Saga, Fables and Ms.Marvel for years and years and years.
The whole award is clearly only meant to cater to the tastes of a very minute demographic of readers. Any store owner who would make a purchase decision on the Hugo is a fool.

Problem with discussing sales is precisely the extreme obfuscation of sales numbers by companies.
There are no numbers of issues sold to number of customers.
So you really get no meaningful numbers to even compare as they overship, leverage and extort to raise their sales figures while being silent on electronic sales altogether.
Seeing giant stacks of unsold issues is the only real indicator if a book doesn't move issues.

Hugo nominees haven't been announced yet.

>But something's fishy going on, like someone keeps nominating her.

I thought Hugo Awards nominations were open nominations? Obviously she has her own circle of supporters like Lindsay Ellis, who was calling on her followers to vote on Twitter. Did this actually surprise you?

Like everyone else said, I'm shocked that people are crying conspiracy when these things have been a glorified public relations shitshow for years now. There will always be good stories that are nominated, but it's just a trade show put on for PR.

No one takes the fucking Grammies seriously unless they're totally surface level, for fuck's sake.

You can get nominated for an award without being a high selling product. Look at all the niche dramatic films that get nominated and win things like Best Picture.

>Seeing giant stacks of unsold issues is the only real indicator if a book doesn't move issues.
No, that's an anecdote.

>I dont know if they had to order them?
Ah yes, another Gater fucktard showing his ass and complete ignorance on comics yet again

I think it still is an indicator. I understood that user meaning in several shops. And you are sure that its limited to print issues.

>I think it still is an indicator. I understood that user meaning in several shops. And you are sure that its limited to print issues.
The plural of anecdote is not data.

Does anyone else care that OP is flat-out lying? Hugo nominations haven't been announced yet.

>Goddess Mode is now nominated for the Hugo's Awards
Proof?

Lol, gater? Says the one posting just insults than examples or explanation.
If its a bundle or you have to buy a minimum og 50 issues, than you have to order them. But it seems you lack reading skills.

>2019
>the castrated retards still believe in the evil gabergoobergratter supervillain agenda
Amazing.

What I found more unerving were the actual sales for this which were actually pretty decent. Who the fuck is buying this shit?

Right, but we talk about indicators.

Not really, since we talk mostly about awards in general, sales and data mining.

DC doesn't do bundles like Marvel. Offer better discounts in bulk? Probably, if you check the latest comichron. The idiot who order 50 copies of this trash is the solely responsible of this.

>Who the fuck is buying this shit?
Mismanaged comic shops.
issue 1 - 17,471
issue 2 - 8,116

Attached: Goddess mode sales comic chron.png (988x204, 42K)

From what I've heard from retailers, DC very rarely does the incentive variants that Marvel does (it's reserved in some rare cases like DK3 #1 and I think something else). Usually their variants are open to order.

>The idiot who order 50 copies of this trash is the solely responsible of this.

Problem with blaming the retailer is that, these are preordered, so the best they can do is just predict for the first issue, and then slash sales right after. Most people aren't really aware of all the Gamergate drama, and the two selling points I see a comic retailer buying it for is Robbi Rodriguez (because his name is associated with Spider-Gwen) and the Stjepan Sejic variant.

It's pretty incredible that

why is america incredibly so shitty now?

seriously speaking japan is superior, when it comes to geek/fantasy/sch-fi genres.
although not that japan gets improved, but america is single handedly getting worse and worse and worse.

>Who gives a fuck
Everyone in this thread so far.

If we're talking about winners, Girl Genius won more than those three combined (It's only been around for 11 years, and Fables got nominated a bunch but never won). Monstress won the last two, and I've heard good things about it so I don't see a problem with it winning.

Didn't Girl Genius step down a few years ago because Phil decided he was tired of getting awards?

Didnt know that. I know that you have to buy bundle or get reduced shipping sometimes, but not if DC does.
Than he is a bad gambler.

Good points.

why every award becomes so sjw?

Because leftists are into infiltration and take-overs and they put too much value on top-down credentials and designations, as if people will be forced to accept their handpicked pets instead of just ignoring the mess they've created.

Lol anglos are pethetic.
They didn't learn anything new from other cultures and were looking down on it, and ended up reaching this miserable megalomaniac hell hole.

*shrug* It's an enjoyable book.

Thanks for insight.
How are things in 1997?

>The problem is, I remembered back in the 00's people were talking about 100 Bullets and Fables and Y: The Last Man.
Yup. Back when there were still a lot of bookstores around, '00s Vertigo titles sold very well. Probably the TPBs sold well (relatively) in the direct market too. You always heard people say things like "I read Fables in trade", and they did, for like ten years.
That's all fucking gone now. Vertigo hasn't had an ongoing hit like that since, pssssh, Scalped, probably, and Scalped wasn't nearly as big as Fables or Y.
It's fucking sad, man. The only titles since 2010 or so that even sell like that are Saga and Walking Dead. There have only been like two "mature readers" ongoing hits in the whole last fucking decade.

>Monstress won the last two, and I've heard good things about it so I don't see a problem with it winning.
Monstress has gorgeous art but the writing is very bad. Nothing but nearly incomprehensible world-building. The plot is aimless. But there are strong lesbian furries in it, so I can see why it wins awards.
(It should win awards for art, though.)

Because, unless you're actually Japanese, your interaction with Japanese media is heavily filtered.

The Hugos are a glorified fan award. The voters are literally anyone who is a member of the World Science Fiction Society, whose membership can be bought. Any member can nominate and the top five or six nominations per category get on the ballot.

More to the point, sci-fi has always been a genre filled with progressives; they never infiltrated, they were there from the beginning.

>Back when there were still a lot of bookstores around
Maybe the advertising was better? Wizard was around promoting Vertigo stuff. You could see Vertigo stuff in the shelfs.

>Nothing but nearly incomprehensible world-building
Na, it has good worldbuiding.
>The plot is aimless
Thats the problem i agree on.

>worldbuilding is good

Not him but the fact that they have to put the majority of it into side content page breakers or shove it randomly into the plot without exploring the world, which I might add doesn't really have anything you don't see in your average fantasy comic book or manga from the eldritch horrors to the hybrid discrimination to witches to haunted islands to steampunk to weebshit kitsunes etc, is a testament to how much it really sucks when even webcomics do a much better job at making their worlds intricate as well as relevant without literally telling you outside of the story or even anything directly.

>Hugo awards
>Zoe Quinn still cant win an award that matters

based

Attached: 1509129813231.jpg (500x500, 144K)

Never heard of the comic and I can't imagine picking it up with a bland name and artwork like that. Bottom character in particular looks like "we want the anime audience but don't know why people like those designs"

>Because leftists are into infiltration and take-overs
Creative fields have been left focused for ages. It's got nothing to do with infiltration and everything to do with fundamental differences between worldviews.

this lefties go academia/arts righties go engineering and buisness

>tfw art person and conservative
I still don't know how I dodged the bullet. Maybe it was my stable home life

your the unicorn

>this lefties go academia/arts righties go engineering and buisness
And then the right wonders why academia is so left leaning (often claiming conspiracy or brainwashing) even though generally they see it as a waste of time and don't pursue it.

Hugos have nothing to do with sales.

to be fair having gone into academia myself it varies from hippie liberals to hard-line commies that will make there damned surest that by the end of your course on biology, you are card carrying member of of the communist party.

While I've never had to deal with one I've had friends in liberal arts like history and philosophy come across absolute nutjobs who wholesale believe that there is a global conspiracy among all white people to oppress all none whites worldwide.

>And then the right wonders why academia is so left leaning (often claiming conspiracy or brainwashing) even though generally they see it as a waste of time and don't pursue it.

user, it is a vast conspiracy.
If you are right leaning or you have an opinion that goes against the very lucrative party line of homosex and gurl powah that keeps women and certain groups as permanent debstlaves and streams of revenue for the college then you are kicked out.

College is a big brainwashing life destroying scam for 99% of the people who attend. And that has been a thing for nearly three generations now.
Not even going to go into how absolutely FUCKED american academia is now.
Cause it's obvious to anyone wiht half a brain.

>Everyone should be working in the service industry
But who runs the cooperations?

PLEASE I FUCKING BEG YOU DONT START SOME SORT OF SOCIAL MEDIA CONTROVERSY.

IT'S EXACTLY WHAT QUINN WANTS.

PAY NO ATTENTION TO THIS. IT'S NOT WORTH YOUR TIME.

Attached: 1915777_10153843450236912_5324853119514491282_n.jpg (300x276, 32K)

>Just look at the Oscars
Are you kidding me? Did you see the Oscars this year? They got their heads out of their asses and let the best films win for each respective award. They even let BASED Farelly take home the Best Picture award even though people are under the assumption that the Academy hates rightwingers.

THIS RIGHT HERE.
Don't take the bait, they're trying to generate outrage income by blaming GG for bad sales.

The last thing we need is another Captain Marvel with this bitch,

>zoe quin
well theres the problem.

>DC vertigo
>artwork probably marketed towards to teenage girls

so we have a story that is supposedly mature and has adult themes (vertigo) with art that appeals to a younger audience. bleeding cool says that 37% of DC Comics readers are female, so if we say that half of the female readers are 18+, then thats a whopping 18.5% who will have any remote interest in the book, and lets say that half of that demo buys the book than in its 9% of the demo who its supposed to appeal to.

men arent gonna buy this book either and the comic gate people arent gonna touch anything that says zoe quinn on it.

THIS! SO MUCH THIS! SHE IS A GRIFTER WHO MADE HER CAREER OFF CONTROVERSY DONT FEED HER, THATS WHAT SHE WANTS

redpill me on zoe quinn

>#comicsgate
Mods do your job
This is absolute pathetic

She's the bitch who started GamerGate by sucking game reviewer cock and has since then become a professional victim. She's probably using her connections/GG victim status to get "nerd hobby" jobs like this one. She's a fucking master at outrage baiting and attention farming on par with Anita herself.

If you want the full story go to her ED page. But the above is all that's relevant. Starve her of attention and don't buy the book.

SJWs reward intent, not success.

the only controversial people in comics are CG and most of them ignored her despite her trying to bait them with tweets, Diversity & Comics even gave her 1st issue a positive review.
I doubt she wants to start a fight with EVS since her artist Robbi Rodriguez publicly sent pictures of his asshole to him.

youtube.com/watch?v=zz--i3M4PVk
buckle up buckaroo

Some of the people tagged in the tweet aren't even CG.
Nerdrotic is a former LCS owner and mostly bitches about and reviews Sci-Fi.
Justsomeguy is a random comic reviewer.

So what does this mean? That we're the old dinosaurs that deserve to be lost time because we USED to be progressive?

She is why gamergate happened
She is a professional grifter and outrage merchant
She has been using her status as the self proclaimed gamergate 'patient zero' to con people out of cash and get jobs in nerd related media ever since

Attitudes change, I guess?

Intent within their standards that is. Because if you lean conservative, no amount of good intentions will help you.

All you need to know is:
1) she'll accuse anything negative you have to say about her as sexists
2) then people will shower her with sympathy and attention
3) then she'll use them to get money (mostly dishonestly) and destroy the works of those that oppose her.

Literally who?

>that video

why is a video game developer writing comics?

>erica henderson has two eisners
That's just two more things she has that I want from her.

Attached: erica-henderson.jpg (500x667, 184K)

Attached: L E W D.jpg (600x600, 40K)

If there's any consolation, her influence is a shadow of what it used to be. She still has her orbiters but I don't think she can get you if you are clever about referencing her.

But user, according to Yea Forums the literal single only thing you have to do to make sure she went away is by "not talking about her"

Remember when Marvel would literally ship extra copies of other books to stores when they ordered completely different books in order to inflate sales numbers since Diamond sales are measured by what's ordered/sent to stores and stores are only going to order based on what their customers want?

because Andy Khouri is an idiot
she made 1 tweet about comics and being in the area so he invited her over.

The other books hes been in charge of are also crap.
Border Town - Got shut down after the Author was exposed by his ex for abuse and random girls for trying to hook up with underage girls at cons and bragging about trying to fuck HS chicks.
Second Coming - Depending on who you ask it either didn't get enough pre-orders or it was a giant petition by pissed of conservatives and Fox News.
not even worth mentioning the others.

second coming is going to get published by another company, i think idw.

4 in a fucking row!

Okay fuck it. It'll be a long-as fucking story but here goes. While I was around for a lot of the gamergate stuff I never quite understood it, especially as it was drawing to a close. I mean I understood the games journalism is fucked angle: I remembered the Jeff Gerstmann incident but the rest... The more I looked into it the less it made sense, it seemed to me that the whole thing was just 2 sides of people unable or unwilling to communicate to one another. And most of all I couldn't understand what people were mad at Zoe Quinn for. No one she slept with had ever reviewed her game - wasn't that the entire reason why this started? Why the hideous harassment?

And then the answer fell into my lap. Zoe Quinn wrote a book about her experiences with gamergate called Crash Override. I was kinda curious what her perspective on the whole thing was so I started reading the amazon reviews, a lot of strong reviews too almost all of them were either 5 or 1 star rated and either lambasted or praised Quinn. But one caught my eye. It was a 4 star review labelled "..." by a user called 'Ovate'

>archive.li/rjPCS

I can't find an archived version that has "..." as the title so it still has the original title. Curious isn't it. I couldn't quite understand what I was reading but it both intrigued and baffled me. So I started to read the comments (yes, amazon reviews have comments, I didn't know either) and they were very enlightening. One was from a former gamergator and had an image of the original version of the review, which I have for you here:

>archive.li/XOiQS

They were also laughing uproariously about the fact that Zoe's own mom had left a bad review of her book, while pretending to be a close family friend. I dug deeper, it turned out that the names of Zoe's (well, Chelsea's) family had been leaked years ago onto either kiwi farms or cripplechan...

Continued

Attached: zq2.jpg (879x1200, 169K)

Continued:
And it turned out that Ovate was Zoe's mom's account. So in summary: Zoe's own mother left a bad review of her daughter's book because the entire section about her childhood was nothing but lies. But then something weird happened. Zoe's mother had changed the review after people had found out who had really written it. But the only places that were talking about this were sites like kiwi farms, which are fairly obscure fucking sites for a middle-aged/old lady to go to, and the few pro-gamergate twitterers who still hadn't let it go.

How the fuck did Zoe's mother find out about this? If you read the edited review she comes clean right from the start that she's actually her mother (house-guest excuse nonwithstanding.) How did this happen?

Unless Zoe Quinn herself read her own kiwi farms page. Or followed a bunch of the pro-gamergate people on twitter (wait didn't she block all of them fucking years ago? Why would she even...?)

By the way even funnier is the fact that in both reviews her mom says her daughter lied about her childhood. Even in the edited version.

By the time I had got there Ovate had privated her amazon account (and using those archive links won't bring you to it) but stranger still when I went back a few months later the review and Ovate's account were gone. Like they'd never existed. It took me a while to find these links and bring this back for all of you.

Now I was curious. I kinda needed to know what I'd just seen. So I read through the history of the original five guys scandal, the controversy about Zoe Quinn that actually started gamergate and I found out this wasn't the first time. What I'd seen is the exact behaviour that started gg in the first place:

Continued

Attached: zq1.jpg (781x1200, 209K)

No, it's Ahoy Comics, the one that publishes the comic The Wrong Earth.

Continued:
>Zoe lies about everything. She'll lie about a lie while lying and do it loudly and proudly
>Someone who actually knows Zoe calls her out on it on the internet
>Zoe attempts to do damage control via any means necessary
>Said means fail so hard it causes the Streisand effect and causes way more people to notice it and become interested in what's going on
>Everything inexplicably gets fucking deleted
>And finally somehow Zoe is able to spin it into some kind of misogynistic, sexist attack on her: the world's most unlucky victim

Only with my thing the final step didn't happen. Still most of the 1 star reviews could easily be spun into sexism (because some of them kinda were.)

Anyway the same thing happened ages ago when Zoe's (kinda spergy) ex-boyfriend wrote a fucking Moby Dick length call-out about her and that caused the whole gamergate thing to happen. There's also something about game journalism that people were pissed off about too but that's kinda a seperate issue from her being fucking nuts.

Yeah, but the retailers that complained about that also said that DC doesn't do it (I also checked with other retailers, the story does check out), so that practice wouldn't apply here.

>TLDR Chelsea Von Vankelber (Zoe Quinn) is not a good person, news at 11.

Even the people defending her should have figured this out by now.

Attached: slowpoke.gif (320x366, 28K)

>Unless Zoe Quinn herself read her own kiwi farms page.
Fun fact the owner of Kiwi talked to Zoe and she told him that she deliberately avoided mentioning the site because it would only make the site more popular.

Yes but it needs to be said with actual examples sometimes because to some she's still a goddamn martyr despite all fucking reality.

>TLDR
Zoe Quinn is the sort of person who will lie about her entire childhood in her autobiography causing her own mother to call her out. And when Zoe found out she (probably) harassed her own mother to change the review.

Also this type of behaviour is the same thing that caused the initial gamergate blowout.

Lol fucking Null. Sauce?

Zoe Quin is the posterchild for why woman haters exist. If EVERY woman were like her, we'd be seeing more open misogynists. Or Jugheads.

He was on a recent Rekieta Law stream and talked about it on there.
I think it was this stream
youtube.com/watch?v=HtuAZK9SC-E
Rekieta is on a warpath with the Vic Mignogna case and he even told Vics legal counsel to look at the Kiwi thread and use it as a resource because everything is archived.

I read a great take on the whole gamergate situation from someone who was an admitted lefty/social justice type who actually read through all the shit. Basically it said that Zoe was basically the ultimate strawfeminist/strawwoman and that she was basically everything that MRA types think all women are.

It's quite funny really. Right from the first moment the Zoe post went live people have been theorising that it's probably BPD (borderline personality disorder) that's causing all this. It makes me genuinely wonder whether or not the entire MRA movement is built on the backs of foolish men sticking their dick into crazy and reaping the results.

>quality is quantified with sales numbers
It's a bit weird to use this argument when stuff like Omega Men and Dial H had really low numbers

>its another casualgate thread
Pls leave, nobody except incels care about Quinn

Attached: blog_yummypets_comment_vaincre_ennui_chat_par_jeux_07_2014.jpg (680x390, 37K)

>art awards

Attached: 1539205498990.gif (474x354, 384K)

She didn't make a video game, she made a bundle of HTML documents and called it a game.

It's mainly cause the people bringing up Zoe Quinn and sales numbers aren't really aware of Dial H and Omega Men and all that stuff, and how there's different sales levels for different things.

I keep seeing this on Kiwifarms and Itchy Bacca's site and Comicsgate-related sites; they kind of got some info on comics right, but at the same time some of their comics info is missing holes. Like an example is I keep seeing some people claim Kamala Khan is a comic failure, and lump her in with Gabby's America and all that, which isn't true. When she debuted she was popular for a new character (a lot of new characters in the 2010's debut, flop and get discarded), and got seven printings for the first issue. Even with the overshipping Marvel sometimes does, you don't go into seven printings unless something is really in demand, so there very much was clear demand for Kamala Khan even if she wasn't selling like a Spider-Man or a Batman title.

But what did end up happening was that they fucked things up for the character. They relaunched her title after Secret Wars, which turned off many new readers she got (Brian Hibbs mentioned it in one of his essays years ago, but I can't remember where it is right now). Then they put her on the Avengers too soon, and then on the Champions, which didn't do her much favors since I'd been seeing people complain about the way her character was depicted in there. I think it may also have been possible Civil War II affected things as well, I can't remember if there were people who didn't want to read her title because of the crossover. The election in 2016 also probably didn't help things.

So while you can say that the Ms. Marvel title may be underperforming, I wouldn't say that it was a failure. Maybe they exaggerated the digital sales, but the problem with this is that I have no idea what the digital sales were like during 2014-2015. Anybody know where to look that up?

Japan only makes generic isekai moe shit ad infinitum. Their market produces more and looks more mature than Western media on the surgace, but it has an astounding hegemony to it.

>I keep seeing some people claim Kamala Khan is a comic failure
not as big of a failure as America but the Drop off of readers from Issue/Vol 1 to now is massive.
a few months back i added up all the comicchron data and it showed
Ms Marvel sold,
Vol 1 - 53K
Vol 5 - 6.8K
Vol 9 - 2.2K
People keep buying Vol 1 because Disney and Marvel have been pushing her nonstop for years.
Sana Amanat is her biggest champion and will name drop her in every interview.

People order a lot of the first volume because it's the first volume of a series, and then don't order as many of the later volumes (unless it's a new release). This isn't limited to Ms. Marvel.

And I didn't just look at the Comichron chart (which covers direct market), I also looked at the Bookscan lists, which Brian Hibbs goes over each year: comicsbeat.com/tilting-at-windmills-268-looking-at-bookscan-2017-and-this-time-its-certified/

Bookscan would cover the stuff that's sold at places that aren't comic shops, and also cover sell-through (as opposed to the Comichron charts, which are preorders made by comic shops). And from what I've seen, Volume 1 of Ms. Marvel still kept getting reordered each year, which doesn't happen for a lot of Marvel TPBs.

Keep in mind though, whoever does the lists for Bookscan fucked up (I don't know if that's Bookscan themselves or Hibbs made errors on the excel sheet) so sometimes you have to look for "No Normal" to find the first volume of Ms. Marvel on those charts.

Well therein lies the problem doesn't it? I mean do you remember what happened between her and wizardchan? She does have the ability to take absolutely random comments dissing her from anywhere, even the most far-reaching niche site and make it seem like there's an organised conspiracy out to get her. Shit just us talking about her now could end up on her twitter as proof that those evil gamers are still out to get her.

How the fuck do you talk about something like this while also making sure not to talk about it too loudly? I know her reach and power has diminished since 2014 but shit man, i so hope this is not another powder-keg waiting to go off.

One other thing, go back to Comichron, and look up the sales on the TPBs for Slott's Spider-Man run from 2014 to 2018. (Ignore Superior Spider-Man, Spider-Island, etc for now because those came out before 2014; 2014 was when Ms. Marvel Vol 1 was out, and when Spider-Man relaunched after Superior ended, so we're starting there)

I'll give you a freebie, the first volume of Slott's 2014 era Spider-Man is Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 1: The Parker Luck, and tallying it together like you did with Ms. Marvel vol 1, Parker Luck got 14,961.

You may think it's unfair that we're comparing something from the middle of Slott's run with Ms. Marvel, but keep in mind, Slott's Amazing Spider-Man VASTLY outperformed Ms. Marvel in the monthly format:

04/14 Amazing v3 #1 - 532,586 ( 293.1%)[23,871]
05/14 Amazing v3 #2 - 123,945 ( -76.7%)
06/14 Amazing v3 #3 - 109,029 ( -12.0%)
07/14 Amazing v3 #4 - 117,917 ( 8.2%)O.Sin
08/14 Amazing v3 #5 - 101,655 ( -13.8%)O.Sin
09/14 Amazing v3 #6 - 93,564 ( -8.0%)
10/14 Amazing v3 #7 - 116,051 ( 24.0%)
10/14 Amazing v3 #8 - 99,549 ( -14.2%)
11/14 Amazing v3 #9 - 135,280 ( -14.2%)
11/14 Amazing v3 #10 - 100,899 ( -14.2%)
12/14 Amazing v3 #11 - 104,739 ( 3.8%)

02/14 Ms. Marvel #1 - 50,286 ( --- ) [15,155]
03/14 Ms. Marvel #2 - 38,357 (-23.7%) [3,440]
04/14 Ms. Marvel #3 - 37,140 ( -3.2%)
05/14 Ms. Marvel #4 - 34,839 ( -6.2%)
06/14 Ms. Marvel #5 - 33,795 ( -3.0%)
07/14 Ms. Marvel #6 - 36,041 ( 6.6%)
08/14 Ms. Marvel #7 - 32,866 ( -8.8%)
09/14 Ms. Marvel #8 - 32,182 ( -2.1%)
10/14 Ms. Marvel #9 - 32,915 ( 2.3%)
12/14 Ms. Marvel #10 - 30,282 ( -8.0%)

But in trades, the Parker Luck got outperformed by No Normal.

By the way, the list of Slott Spider-Man TPBs post-Superior is the following:

ASM Vol 1: The Parker Luck
ASM Vol 1.1: Learning to Crawl
ASM Vol 2: Prelude to Spider-Verse
ASM Vol 3: Spider-Verse
ASM Vol 4: Graveyard Shift

ASM: Worldwide Vol 1 (This begins that 2015 relaunch post-Secret Wars)
ASM: Worldwide Vol 2
ASM: Worldwide Vol 3
ASM: Worldwide Vol 4
Clone Conspiracy
ASM: Worldwide Vol 5
ASM: Worldwide Vol 6
ASM: Worldwide Vol 7
ASM: Venom Inc
ASM: Worldwide Vol 8
ASM: Worldwide Vol 9

An abuser who claims to be the abused one. For some reason people believe her despite all evidence to the contrary and give her money. Her clout has diminished greatly over the years but she still has enough power to destroy your career or reputation via twitter if you're a small enough target and you've pissed her off somehow.

Unfortunately Yea Forums discovered her and, well, it went badly. People forget that it created a huge schism in this site. Discussion of her and the surrounding issues from her ex's ended up getting banned not just from this site (which is kinda absurd being as 2014 was the same year the fucking fappening happened,) not just reddit, but just about the entire internet other than the most obscure, spergy places. This was called gamergate and sadly being confined to only the shadiest places of the internet caused the whole thing to mutate into a massive mess.

It was also not helped by the fact that early on Yea Forums did kinda harass her to some extent... but there's a lot of weirdness around that. For instance when the Zoe post dropped /r9k/ found some old nudes of her and I think /pol/ trolled her wikipedia page. Then Zoe woke up and the whole fucking internet went weird for about a month. She tried to damage control in such a weird and morally fucked up way that it sent the entire internet off-balance and it still hasn't quite righted itself since.

Attached: tetsuo2.jpg (1280x720, 191K)

So once upon a time there was a blue haired whore that called herself Zoe.
Zoe had made a flashpoint presentation with broken links, then called it a game named Depression Quest.
It got on Steam Greenlight and then she sucked off at least 5 Guys in video games journalism to get good reviews. During a trip to vegas. While she had a boyfriend.
Then some time passes, her game is forgotten for a while, and her ex-boyfriend regales this story to the internet.
Now, people had been saying for years that game journos were getting bribes and BJs for good reviews, but now we had actual proof that the whole thing was crooked.
And then GamerGate happened.

I really like that anons itt can bang out articulate three-paragraph or three-post take outs on zoe quinn but struggle to get basic comic news, facts or trivia right.

Really tells you all you need to know about the current population of this board

Attached: f-bad.png (294x417, 124K)

>nothing to do with infiltration
There differently infiltration going on. And its a worldview.
Its acts like this.
>Look at successful business/platform
>Leftist:"Its not fair, they so powerful its should be righting for social justice!'
>Someone in the business agree and let one in.
>The one that got in looks for enemies and try to get rid of them. Using their friend in the media
>While also let in all their friends they can

This has happen to Marvel and DC.
The arts will prob still be dominated by left without this however its would be the almost 100% it is today.

I've said it time and again, Zoe Quinn is to GG what Archduke Ferdinand was to WW I.
Shit had been building for a while and she was the spark that set off the powder keg.
Was WW I about avenging Franz? No, it was about a mess of pacts and treaties that had Europe tearing itself apart because of some asshole with a .380 FN.
Was GG about Quinn? Not at all, it was about being lied to for years by people whose opinions you were supposed to put an ounce of trust in.

Any organization that is not expressly right wing will gradually drift further and further left.

Its sad but true.

...No. Zoe's fucked but your version of events is just a bit wrong. There was no review of Depression Quest written by Nathan Grayson (the journo she slept with) but then again her ex-boyfriends long-ass post didn't accuse her of sleeping her way to good reviews (because she didn't) and for that matter when the post ended up on Yea Forums it was clear even on day 1 that Grayson hadn't written a review for her shitty game.

What they accused her of was sucking dick to get favourable coverage, which is kinda hard to prove. Nathan Grayson did write a 2 articles briefly recommending Depression Quest but both of those were from before Grayson actually slept with her (if his word and Kotaku's is to believed that is, it's worth noting that he apparently had sex with her sometime in May and the last article he wrote about her was from like the last day of April. It's quite possible he sent the article to Kotaku and then immediately got his dick sucked but whatever.)

Unfortunately this wasn't the only thing the Zoe post implied, most of which turned out to be completely fucking true, but the line about Zoe having 'sex for favours' travelled around the internet and because it got repeated so much without a single journalist doing an accurate take that the line changed by a process of Chinese whispers into "she had sex for a good review" which wasn't true, it was never true.

Problem is that was one of the main reasons why the Zoe scandal started to go so viral. And people keep repeating it despite it never being true and not being the actual reason why people were so upset by the Zoe post in the first place.

Look up the Zoe post or what she did to Wizardchan or the Fine Young Capitalists or her what happened during her porn shoot or the rumours about the Polaris game jam or fuck... I dunno. You don't wanna know. Whichever version you believe will inevitably make you mad for the rest of time.

Attached: tetsuo2 2.jpg (1019x768, 450K)

this shit is beyond a joke

seriously american art/entertainment industries are dying and getting real strange. modern """"american""" """"progressive"" ideology is all that matters. other values are all unacceptable, and they even destroy the traditions of the genre to push it.

im starting to think american "traditions" are surprisingly very "weak". i mean, it couldnt establish the standards of cultural/individual value. it only did some icons of their cosumerism.

Attached: Check em.jpg (472x472, 24K)

Awards are more meaningless now than ever. Even fine literature awards are more about who virtue signals and earns the most brownie points over objective quality and literary merit.

Yes and no. There was no manifesto for gg so it could be whatever anyone wanted it to be. And a huge part of it was the accusations of professional victims hiding behind supposed 'harassment' and internet feminism. Unfortunately saying you're being harassed so loudly and boldly in such a widespread way kinda causes fools and internet trolls to actually harass you.

Also you trusted Kotaku lol. That site was staffed by retards and muppets from day fucking 1.

There's nothing suspicious, the Hugo awards are just pure virtue signalling and nepotism. They do this every year, it's a complete joke of an award.

Attached: 1543144745137.jpg (961x529, 181K)

It's not just America now. ALL western countries are pulling this crap now. Look at the UK.

Look up Phil Fish's Fez game and how it was used in some illegal money laundering scheme that also involed it being skyrocketed into winning awards through collusion.