Buy/Shelf Thread

So I want to buy the Sandman run but don't want to pay 100 bucks for the paperbacks when I can pay 100 bucks more for the first four Absolutes. I noticed that Absolute Death is OOP though so I wanted to ask whether there's any chance of Vertigo rereleasing it or not.

Also, let's get a buy/shelf thread going but with the proper pasta.

Don't know where to buy? Try these:
amazon.com/
bookdepository.com (worldwide shipping)
booksetc.co.uk/ (EU)
cheap-comics.com (EU)
instocktrades.com/ (worldwide shipping)
mycomicshop.com (worldwide shipping)
speedyhen.com (UK)
tfaw.com (worldwide shipping)

[your local comic shop here]

List of things out next week:
comiclist.com/index.php
Upcoming Omnibus/Hardcovers:
goodreads.com/topic/group_folder/305597

Attached: man of sand.jpg (1024x659, 113K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Sandman-Omnibus-Vol-3/dp/1401287735
amazon.com/Absolute-Death-Neil-Gaiman/dp/1401224636
barnesandnoble.com/w/absolute-death-neil-gaiman/1015967391
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>I noticed that Absolute Death is OOP
Is it? Seems like plenty of folks have buy it this year or last one. Even then if you want to I say go for it, Im sure a foreing amazon has it still.

Attached: Shelf 01 Jan 2019.jpg (1632x1224, 658K)

According to cheap-comics, it is. The editions I find are almost three times the price as a regular Absolute Sandman. I don't want to pay that much for a book that has fewer pages than the previous ones. I never receive an email from the publishers so I don't have a clue whether it will be in stock again or whether I have to wait for years

I see. I say go and dip your head into some EU Amazon's, de, fr, uk. The prices seem a steeper than 75 EUR, but not as steep as 150.
I dont really know if they are going to reprint it any time soon in the absolute format, as they have one alternative: the Deluxe Death, Which has like 15 pages less that are sketches, I think I just have the absolute.

Attached: Shelf 02 Jan 2019.jpg (1632x1224, 580K)

>that kraken bottle
Neat. Was it a different batch or flavour, or is it just a neat bottle?

Just the bottle, but one added bonus is that it doesnt have that annoying "safety plug" that Alcohol bottles in México ought to have. So I can clean it a fill it again.

Attached: Shelf 03 Jan 2019.jpg (3264x1224, 877K)

Weird that you mention this, because I grabbed absolute vols 2 and 3 (budget constrains me from getting 4 and 5 atm). I got Absolute Death last year from instocktrades

Already tried the local Amazon.de but that one's cheapest offer is from a US seller while Amazon itself is supposed to have it in stock on march 21
I wanted to wait till the end of the month anyway and even then, I wanted to buy the first four Absolutes first

How much did you pay for 2 and 3? Yeah, as Mexianon has stated before, many people seem to have gotten the Death Abs last year

Like 60 bucks each. I also got the 2 vols of Body Bags (because why not?) for cheap, and commissioned an artist for a sweet Livewire painting. I spoiled myself a bit because of my birthday and tax return. In hindsight though I should have axed the commission and got more comics. Plan to complete Sandman, snag the Fourth World omni, and a few other things like Tomasi deluxe Superman sooner or later.

Shucks, I've been buying the Sandman absolutes but would have bought Death last since I've already read it and it's short.

I bet they will reprint it because the Sandman absolutes have been kept in print for a looong time.

Yeah, I know that feeling. Wanted to buy the slipcase as I had mentioned in an earlier thread but it seems like that one is out of print as well. Would have saved me a lot of bucks. I don't see a point in buying the issues separately though AND pay more than the slipcase so I'm on the verge of just getting the Absolutes. Good thing is that I'm momentarily selling off some figures so for each figure, I'll probably be able to afford one Absolute

Yeah, that's what my question was basically about. I have seen the other Absolutes be in print all the time so this came as a surprise.
Would you recommend someone who has never read Sandman before to just get the Absolutes? My logic is that I don't want to waste money twice so I might as well just go all out

I pirated the whole series and read the first 9 trades then stopped. Now I'm buying the absolutes and re-reading it all. I loved it so much that the absolutes are a no-brainer but if you've never read it then it's impossible to say.
You can buy the first one and then resell it if it doesn't hook you and convince you to keep going.

Attached: Sandman_Vol_2_55[1].jpg (400x623, 51K)

>tfw own five out of the seven absolute sandman books
>the last two are Sandman V and Overture, but I really don't care for their stories as much
I swear my autism is getting at me more than it should.

I may as well download the first trade and read it and then decide. So far, I have liked mainstream stuff so I'm sure I'll like it

At least the Absolutes have matching spines. I can't believe that even the 30th Anniversary Editions fucked up with the spines

IST shipped my last order in less than 24 hours. What Earth is this?

Soon.
Who will be with me on IST the second this fucker goes up? The BWS cover Conan The Barbarian sold out in like an hour.

Attached: 1949481C-170C-4DE3-97CE-4788D2CDE3D0.jpg (1254x1800, 1.71M)

I don't get all the Conan hype nobody have a shit when dark horse had it

>Don't know where to buy?
NPC?

I finally ran out of space, i'll have to do something about that, also i managed to take pics less blurry than last time, my shit taste remains the same though

Attached: shelf_03.png (2115x793, 2.57M)

I haven't bought anything since early November.

Amazon didn't kill my duck books

Attached: woo oo.jpg (1890x1122, 1.07M)

Those are really nice book ends.

Again, nothing new, but Im working on a Storytime project in the coming weeks.

Attached: LokiBump.jpg (3073x2296, 1001K)

I have those too, and DH fucked the coloring on the BWS series hard.
Take your company war bulshit elsewhere.

You have to buy only one to have a 100% chance damaged book

It's true, Vol 3 & 4 came on it's own and is the only one that got a bump. I'll probably get a partial refund on it.

>tfw having to double up because out of space
Gonna have to put up all those ikea shelves living in my closet soon.

Attached: 7CCA810C-11AF-410A-99E5-995D76FE3FC1.jpg (2000x2667, 1.37M)

What's that fairy tales book? I've been looking for a decent compilation of Japanese folk tales.

The Angela Carter book? It's a worldwide collection of fairy/folk tales, not just Japanese. It's a nice read if you're into that stuff.

Try the Book of Yokai, perhaps? You'll probably wanna go manga if you want Japanese folk tales in comic form.

Attached: 6a00d834515bbc69e201a3fd1afac4970b-800wi.jpg (696x522, 99K)

Looks pretty cool, it being worldwide isn't a negative. I'll check it out thanks.

Fuck me seriously.
Just as i was about to buy that one. Fuck.
At least i have the deluxe, but i wanted the absolute set too. They're only 60 on IST.

I have the full run of Darkhorse paperbacks so I’m gonna save a lot of money here

Attached: IMG_20190313_201756284.jpg (3189x1823, 1.15M)

No problem, user. It's a pretty dense book, but it's got a lot of different stories which I enjoyed.

Also, just in case you thought it was, not a comic/graphic novel, but does have little illustrations.

Attached: IMG_20190313_201939995.jpg (3978x1486, 1.61M)

Visually neat and pleasant. Good job.

Attached: IMG_20190313_202017034.jpg (4096x3072, 3.56M)

how's fade out?

Enjoyed it although the ending is a little anticlimatic. Pretty grim noir story.

I'll be there my man.

How's Slott Silver Surfer? I have it up to Freedom in the Epic Collections but not sure if I should go for that run or not?

Absolutely fucking terrible. Slott took a dump on Kirby.

That's unfortunate. I've heard some of the ways it uses the Buscema stuff isn't the best either
Tho, Kirby should've pencilled SS's first solo but I digress. Buscema was also godlike

I love it, mainly because I’m such a sucker for Allred. It’s also one of Slott’s best works too.

Attached: 20180703_134635.jpg (4160x2133, 3.04M)

Attached: 20190313_235937.jpg (3848x1960, 2.3M)

Fair enough. I'll cut the difference. I'll read it online first. If I like it, I'll buy it. Cheers

Attached: 20190313_235842.jpg (4032x1901, 2.92M)

Attached: IMG_20171223_235019.jpg (2320x1836, 1.27M)

Attached: IMG_20171223_234519.jpg (1836x3029, 1.4M)

Someone borrowing your Punpuns, bro?
How's Go Go Monster? I've only read one volume of Matsumoto, but I love his art and I'd like to get something contained before going down another multi-volume rabbit hole before I finish some other series.

5 and 6 are on the way. Yes, I bought 7 before them.
What have you read from Matsumoto? His stuff always has that distinct Matsumoto feel, this one deals with alienation, loneliness and imagination. It's about a kinda friendless middle schooler that has a spirit friend only he sees, and another kid that befriends him. It's hard to properly describe it because it has this wonderful magical feeling to it and is pretty short. It's my second favorite Matsumoto work behind Takemitsu Zamurai, although I have not read Sunny yet, only the first 2 or so chapters back when it was still a new series. Oh and I haven't read Cats of Louvre either since it isn't scanlated but it got licensed so I think I'm going to end up reading that before Sunny since I'm a pretty slow reader and I'm considering blind buying Sunny and then reading it in print.
Anyway, due to being only one volume it's a good entry point, I reckon. If not try Ping Pong or Black and White first and then come back to Gogo monster.

I've only read Sunny vol. 1. I really liked it. It has a dreamy kind of feeling, like the magical feeling you're referencing. It touches on some of those same themes, too.
It was a random pick at the library, and I realized I've seen his name here after the fact. Lucky find!

Art wise I think Sunny should be a lot better than Gogo Monster, iirc he did that in a fairly short amount of time and Sunny. You can't really go wrong with Matsumoto though, his works sometimes will feature the similar themes but his stories are all quite different from one another.

Attached: Zamurai.png (607x980, 748K)

>Moebuis Library dropped
>Bourbon Thret never ever
FUCKING DARK HORSE

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: thismad.jpg (849x1161, 1010K)

Deluxe Moomin came in this last week, and I've been reading Bone recently. Last visit to my mom's we did a Yea Forums night and watched movies and read.

Attached: recents.jpg (540x900, 505K)

That sounds nice and wholesome
Make sure to show her fantastic Mr. Fox if you haven’t

My mum also loves Fantastic Mr. Fox.

>reprint Animal Rites as a paperback
>Wise Dogs and Eldritch Men is a HC
Thanks.

Based mum

Oh shit, I went to check the price for the HC of Animal Rites and noticed this listing. I never saw the solicit. Fuck yeah!

Attached: Screenshot_20190313-181239.png (792x867, 254K)

Oh hell yeah we love Mr. Fox, saw it in theaters. My friends kinda suck, so I really can only talk to ma about Yea Forums stuff, granted she raised me on this stuff.

Yeah, the hardcover was like, 40 or some shit a year ago or so, but it finally dropped a few months ago.

Nice.
I’m looking foward to these omnis- but if we get more than three I’ll be pleasantly surprised. I’ve got the first 6 of the DH books, I fell way too behind to catch up before I even noticed.
The second book is my favorite, so I’m looking forward to that.

Yeah even though I already have the paper backs I am considering getting the omnis Of the Roy Thomas run, which is about the first 60 issues or so. Roy Thomas on savage sword is possibly my favourite comic ever . I’m waiting for it to come out so I can see a YouTube video of it.

does manga even come in left to right formats for western readers? also. where to buy left to right battle angel alita books?

>left to right formats
You don't want that.

Some do, the Akira paperbacks do off the top of my head . But I mean reading manga right to left is just part of the experience, I don’t really see why it would bother you after getting used to it

Also kudos I love Alita

why?
its just a total mindfuck for me to read it right to left

You’ll get used to it, it just is what it is

I dont believe you

1/2

Not pictured, last week I bought a full run of the Li'l Depressed Boy and the 5 issue mini that came after it. It was really good.

Attached: 20190117_223731.jpg (2051x1960, 2.36M)

My last couple of orders shipped that fast.
Of course other reasons held them up after shipment. Felt pretty butthurt about that.

Brubaker's best

anyone buy from mycomicshop? i ordered a couple books new 52 captain atom from them and i was mightily impressed by the packaging. its almost like they care about the comics and dont want them hurt or damaged in transit.

If you're a Kirby purist you'll hate it. But if you can get passed that block its really good. Allred's art is great and I feel like his presence helped elevate the writing beyond Slott's usual garbage

2/2

Attached: 20190117_223747.jpg (2024x1960, 2.36M)

Where are you seeing that they dropped the Moebius Library?

They're my go to for floppies.

My comics haven't arrived yet because Blackwell's ship comics by snail, but I got a gift card and bought a game.

Attached: IMG_20190314_004151.jpg (610x937, 155K)

Now, I'm conflicted. I'll give it the 10 issue test, then budget for the Omni if I like it. I like what the teams up to the 80s brought to the series so I can't say I'm not open to giving it a shot.

Id say pirate it and see if you like it. Tonally its unlike most surfer stuff and more in line with other Allred stuff

Yeah, not the user asking, but I think Slott can eat my entire ass because of what he did to Spider-Man. All I remember is a preview for the Silver Surfer book and the Silver Surfer saying "SIlver Off" and turning into a human. People were scared of him still and called him a Herald. So the obvious Doctor Who companion rip off called him "Harold". It's bad

>If you're a Silver Surfer fan you'll hate it.
Fixed. The worst thing it does against Kirby is that he makes the origin of the Kirby krakle to be because of his dumb OC. other than that it shits on the character's lore from other runs and it tries to be funny but fails. Dumb Dr. Who rip off.

Anybody use the eBay coupon yesterday? I got 15% off the Punisher omnibus.

Attached: ebay1.png (707x535, 159K)

And this finally shipped.

Attached: ebay2.png (705x307, 91K)

Was going to but I really need to stop spending money on books like that. I've bought 6 omnibuses in the last week.

I just bought a bunch of stuff so I decided to hold off. Ebay usually puts out coupons like that every couple months so I figure I'll save some money and splurge next time.

What's your opinion on Grant Morrison?

Is there any benefit to getting those collections over the Morrison Omnis besides time?

>But I mean reading manga right to left is just part of the experience
I've never really understood why that needs to be the case though. They're already translate the words, might as well flip the pages too.

Because it's literally more work. Also, how would you do spread pages? You still would have to read those from right to left

I don’t know but I’m not in charge of publishing, that’s just the way it is. After a while reading right to left kind of becomes part of the charm of reading manga, and then you’ll come along a manga that’s westernized left to right, and it feels out of place, like it’s wrong. I suppose there’s also something to be said about that when the artist is constructing a page in manga is it’s meant to be viewed that way, and by flipping the image you aren’t necessarily getting the original intent of the author. That’s something to think about

Some of them do, like my Viz copies of Ranma 1/2.
But why would you want that, that's stupid.
Just read it right to left, you get used to it after a couple of volumes.

Though I have to admit, throws me right the hell off when I pick up a Light Novel and look at the wrong side.

I'm not a fan of all of Morrison's Batman run, so I only get the volumes that have the stories I like.

>Because it's literally more work
It's not THAT much work.
>How would you do spread pages
Depends on the spread, but most of them should be pretty easy to lay out.

There's a lot of issues with just flipping artwork.

You would have to do some serious redraws for it to be published a mirrored way.

>not hard
It's time consuming. Why do it if you can just leave it the way it is and save time? Also, you are forgetting that you would have to do it for every manga when there's thousands of different series. It's just stupid from a business perspective when part of the charm comes from the original reading order, making readers actually feel like they're reading books from another culture. I get why you would feel annoyed by it though because the West is filled with dubs etc., basically making every reading and viewing experience way too comfortable. In other countries, they just sub movies and that's it

First you have to completely mirror the panels.
Then you have to consider any text that isn't dialogue, it would't do for a sign that says MAY to read YAM, now would it?
Then you have to consider any directional context. Why is everyone left handed? What if someone gets shot though the heart? Why is Ed apologizing for saluting with his right arm?

OR
You could just translate the speech bubbles and add some TL notes for the sound effects.

Recc me mango like Uzumaki and Parasyte

Just read more Junji Ito.

Also Witchcraft by Yamatogawa

Give Franken Fran a chance, it's more comedic but I think the mix of body horror, comedy, dark fairy tale style morality tales and ero-guro works. If you like Junji Ito's shorter works you should enjoy it.

Dementia 21 has an official english version now too which has a similar vibe to the later parts of Uzumaki where shit is going nuts. Junji Ito sort of crosses over into ero-guro at times and Shintaro Kago is a great entrypoint for that.

Attached: b019b2cab32773528e28c346e9be7592.jpg (1280x846, 261K)

find me something that's $5 or less with shipping on Amazon game time?

you sound butthurt
its the best Silver Surfer story since Parable

Is Tokyo Ghoul worth getting into? I read the first couple chapters and it seems like a stock vampire story so far.

Not really

Differnt user. I’ve had my Naausicca set for years. I’ve not even got halfway through the first volume. I’ll eventually just sell it.

Go to bed, Slott.

What I've gotten in the last two weeks

Attached: 15525296085424054344873449046755.jpg (2560x1440, 1.57M)

I have that Straczynski Thor but I don't know where it came from.

whats everyone reading?
for me, its
>heroes in crisis
>doomsday clock
>tom king mr miracle
>jla rock of ages
>grant morrison doom patrol
>new 52 captain atom
>eternity girl
>scott snyder swampthing
>hellboy: seed of destruction
>dick tracy 1931-1951

Attached: jre funny.jpg (1009x404, 106K)

I'll probably get around to reading Moon Knight 2016 and Nailbiter later

>Amazing Spider-Man
>Ice Cream Man
>Criminal
>Sonic the Hedgehog
>TMNT
>Uncanny X-Men
>Detective Comics and Batman

Those are just a to name a few/

How is JMS's Thor? I loved his Spider-Man work.

Nailbiter kind of shits the bed at the end, but most of it's still fun. The Bendis scene is 10/10.

It's greatness , I saw those two tpbs at Half price books last week and snatched them up.

Yeah I'm not expecting high art or anything but it seems fun

Tales of the Beanworld

Ice Cream Man
Black Hammer
Red Sonja
Umbrella Academy
Morrison Green Lantern
Lodger
Gideon Falls

Since plenty of anons here seem to have lots of manga can anyone recommend me some good single volume (or just a few volumes long) manga series'. I loved Planetes and wanna find some more short stuff. Im a big horror fan (already have most of Ito's works) and enjoy sci fi and fantasy but honestly so long as its good im interested

>Gideon Falls
i heard about that from the comic book palace and i thinking of starting it, how do you like it?

All You Need Is kill

I really like it. The paneling is really compelling. I just hope Lemire has an end goal for it because it definitely could become vague for vague's sake.

Voynich Hotel

>. I noticed that Absolute Death is OOP
Lucky me, just got all mine for really cheep and brand new the past few months

Attached: shelf new3.jpg (2701x2985, 901K)

Not just Amazon, even the 3rd party sellers are just as bad. I got this recently and it was really banged up. Luckily they were really good. I asked for a refund through the amazon process, they sent me the paperwork to return, I sent an e-mail saying I shouldn't have to pay postage and they just said to keep the book and they can send a new one or refund me in full. so I got a free book, damaged but now I can order something else. I'll call that a victory.

Attached: new fab madwoman.jpg (3104x4920, 1.61M)

>It's not THAT much work.
It's more work than translating, you imbecile. A lot more work.

>spider-fags are whiny bitches
Slott is a pretty good writer, he's done the 2nd best She-Hulk stuff and IMO the 2nd best Avengers run.

you must be new to comics to think that you can just flip pages and they work.

Requiem was better than Parable
That's a lot of some of the core big two books right there
>GL/GA
>JMS Thor
>Busiek Avengers
Up there with some of the greats, it could have been better but it got cut short by Bendis trampling over his whole storyline with Siege. Even after JMS had Marvel guarantee he wouldn't have had to take part in any cross overs for another year.

>The Technopriests
>The Marvels Project (Remender Epting)
>Sandman Absolute 2
>Witchblade (on 147, only 23 more and 15 more of Artifacts)
>Dragonlance (free comic the library was giving out)
>The Dialogues (still...just haven't been much in the mood for heavy physics comic reading)

ongoing stuff? fuck...I follow a shit ton of weekly comics, at least 20 new issues a week, usually closer to 30

Black Hammer
Die
Grabbed the new Goon #1 to hop on. I wanted to start buying the library editions after putting it off for years to see they're very expensive now. Hooray!
Morrison Lantern
Wyrd
Goodnight Punpun omni 2
Hellboy library vol. 2
Morrison Patrol
Tomie

>>tfw having to double up because out of space
That's me with my movies. And then the 6 more boxes in the living room. And them some on top of the boxes.

DH tweeted in January that they have more to announce, so I somehow doubt that

Attached: comic-bookshelves_22Feb2019.jpg (1920x1080, 1.68M)

Probably won't post my shelves again for a couple weeks. I got nothing new coming down the pipeline at all.

Attached: not-comic-bookshelves_22Feb2019.jpg (1920x1080, 1.47M)

I'm pulling online A walk through Hell, Justice League Dark and ASM. Waiting on a price drop on those black hammer tpbs fuck dark horse why they are so pricey

>Justice League Dark
current or new 52?

Shoulda gotten the third library edition of goon when it was cheap. That shits nuts now

the one with batman

i read the n52 JLD and thought it was a confusing mess

The rebirth one. I'm just reading it for Zatanna and Swamp bro, it's entertaining enough.

it's total shit, I'm sorry but Tynion narration is the fucking worst. I wanted to like it and tried so hard to over look his faults. But his Detective Chimp shit just threw me over the edge, he just was so repetitive
>and the Chimp blah
>The Chimp drank
>the Chimp took a sip
>the Chimp felt bad
>the Chimp took a sip

over and over and over, it was just unbearable. And yeah, that was one bad issue, but the rest haven't been much better

Yeah i get that. Chimp is atrocious.

Hmmmm. Well, I'm still gonna give it the 10 issue look but.I appreciate it. I'll be wary since I've gotten mixed responses

it's usually a good idea to read something online before blind buying. But also, Spider-fags are the fucking worst, they never ever have gotten over One More Day and they still have not stopped complaining about Slott despite him not writing Spider-Man anymore. They don't give a shit about any of the side books, nor do they care about Spencers book, all they can talk about is Slott. They truly are mentally damaged, and whether that is Slotts fault or not, I have no clue, but they are truly fucked.

Attached: Shelf 3-8-19.jpg (1792x1008, 586K)

How is marvelocity

They're all expensive in Australia. I don't have the opportunity to make use of IST or other US based shops.

Are there any manga similar to Beastars or Alita?

Will Fanta release more of Dementia 21? MAL says it has 37 chapters but the Fanta book only has 17.

Nijigahara Holograph. This has the same feeling as Punpun when you're just wondering what's going to happen next. It's not something eerie as you're just really wondering. Kinda like the movie Colorful by Keiichi Hara.

You'll definitely love short story compilations by certain authors. Try Dream Fossil by Satoshi Kon and What a Wonderful World by Asano Inio. Those are top-notches.

The end says end of volume 1 so probably but it's kind of like a serial with no real overrarching narrative. The only real through line is the protagonist and her job.

Like one chapter ends with an apocalypse and Yukie leading the elderly up a literal stairway to heaven and another ends with the nursing home being the tip of a rocket that gets launched into space with all the nursing home residents floating in space in space suits.

People don't blame Slott for One More Day tho, and I probably will read some of SS online soon. That said, the quality of his Spidey run fell and never came back up after Spider Island. That's years of trash that Spidey's still recovering from. No one's obligated to check anything else when his flagship run's that bad. As Surferfag I'm just kind of interested

Nah. I read it and the old guys actually crossover into other stories too. There was a chapter when all of them were together and that was fun.

What are some depressing comics to read

Tom King's Mister Miracle

Anything by Jason, specially "Hey, wait...", "Sshhhh!" And "The last Musketeer"

What is that CGC'd issue of Daredevil?

I've never read any Slott Spider-man because I don't like Spider-man. Stop being an annoying victim card playing cunt. I like Silver Surfer and I like Allred's art so I read it and it was atrocious.

Stray Bullets

I read Spencer's Amazing and in the first issue alone is was better than anything in Slott's run. Eat shit

Where'd you get em and for how much?

Is Habibi a book worth getting? I don't see anyone here having it in their collection, yet reviews say that it's incredible

I don't own any physical comic books aside from pic related I owned as a kid, where's the best place to start?

If it helps my first actual comic book my dad bought me was a Punisher one when I was maybe 10. I don't remember much about it other than the cover being green.

Attached: 518407hvEYL.jpg (364x500, 47K)

Hard to tell. Most people here will recommend you the essential stuff which I will try here
>DC
Red Son
The Dark Knight Returns
All-Star Superman
Kingdom Come
Doom Patrol
Justice
Justice League The World's Greatest Superheroes
Batman Year One
The Killing Joke
The Long Halloween
Dark Victory
Crisis on Infinite Earths
New Frontier
>Marvel
Kraven's Last Hunt
Maximum Carnage
Days of Future Past
Spider-Man Blue
Hulk Gray
Daredevil Yellow
Daredevil Man without fear
Silver Surfer Requiem
(Ultimate Spider-Man/X-Men runs)
>Rest
Sandman
Lucifer
Watchmen
Hellboy
League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
V for Vendetta
Goon
Invincible

Thanks user, I'll look into these. Another question, is there any "shame" in buying paperback if hardcover is an option?

Yes.

No problem, mate. Why would buying paperbacks be shameful? Go with the version you seem appropriate for your needs and budget. I buy mostly paperbacks but once in a while resort to Deluxe Editions because they are more cost effective than buying paperbacks (TDKR Deluxe). I'm also OP who is thinking about buying the Absolute Sandman Eds because paperbacks wouldn't be that much cheaper than the Absolutes in my eyes. Otherwise, make a list and see what you can find for the best prices available. Maybe someday, you can sell off the paperbacks and switch to HC if you love the stories enough

Not that user but it's Daredevil #191: Roulette, the last issue of the Miller/Jansen run.
Also, posting shelves for bump.

Attached: 20190308_180602.jpg (1881x2115, 2.8M)

I need to get a proper bookcase but till then here is a random shelf in my closet.

Attached: 171E077F-EF84-426B-99B5-0CA0A2ACFC5F.jpg (4032x3024, 2.03M)

Anything Chris Ware
Blackbird, though Jen Bartel's beautiful artwork makes it a comfy sadness
Alias/Jessica Jones

2nd hand book shelf. Apparently someone had just bought them and then died before reading them. RIP fellow comic-user. But I got them for 1/2 price, so they have a good home now at least

I only get HC/Deluxe editions if I love the artwork.

>art of Alice, Madness returns
nice
don't listen to too much, taste is too subjective to just go with 'essential' books. Do you read comics online? Then get your favorites, get ones you think you will reread. If you are just getting into comics and trying to figure out what your favorites are, read storytimes on Yea Forums, use your library, or go to your LCS and see if they have a bargain bin to try stuff out from (most of my favorite comics I found through the library/bargain bins).

Why does the Knightfall story of Batman keep getting bigger and bigger trades.
When I bought my 3 volumes 10 years ago they were fairly short and then they printed bigger versions that where literally twice as long, and this guy here has goddamn omnibuses even thicker than those!

I'm really on the fence about reading knightfall. I just started a chronological read through of Batman but I really want to get to the Red Hood stuff. On on Death in the Family now and am contemplating skipping Knightfall/Contagion/Legacy/No Man's Land. Should I keep powering through or just skip ahead?

Also to you guys as well -

Why shouldn't he listen to the post above? He literally doesn't know what to read so why not recommend him universally liked stories? There's a higher probability he'll like those (crticially acclaimed) books rather than some random run he could stumble across. What is it with contrarians always shitting on objectively good books? Them being mainstream doesn't mean you have to avoid them

jumping straight into buying expensive books means you end up having a lot of stuff that you will not want. Best to find out what you want before you start buying

The stuff I mentioned was hardly expensive since those all come in the form of TPBs. Also, it's obvious that he can look up the books digitally first if he wants to. Still, I see most of the DC, Dark Horse, Vertigo etc. books I mentioned on virtually every shelf here so I doubt he will find those mediocre. All of those are a nice foundation because after reading those, he will know what he likes and what he doesn't like since the books are diverse enough in writing and art styles

Barnes & Noble has a 10% Off coupon on their homepage. Good for in store and online. It expires Saturday.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-03-14 at 9.34.22 AM.png (1004x704, 97K)

You COULD skip to Batman/Hush and/or Under the Red Hood. There's more than enough context clues and recaps given to follow along what is going on.

The Knightfall comic itself I'm no expert on. The old trades I own go vol1 bane breaks Batman vol2 azbat becomes a thing and beats bane vol3 huge skip to end of azbat era where Batman is back to stop azbat. I can't comment if the actual azbat stories are any good. As those parts themselves the introduction of Bane in vol1 is really good, Azbat is okay nothing amazing.

No Man's Land is good too, but like previously mentioned you don't NEED to read it just to get to Red Hood stuff.
Hell if you just wanna read N52 onward Red Hood stuff none of this is needed.

Depressingly bad maybe.

Because you shouldn't be an NPC listening to the rants of some asshole on the internet you know nothing about. Fuck you and fuck your hivemind bullshit.

>guy wants recommendations
>give recommendations
>"FUCK YOUR HIVEMIND WAY OF THINKING"
Dude, you're coming off as pretty crazy and pathetic. Be honest, no matter what anybody here recommends, you don't like it because according to you, nobody should listen to recommendations, ever. Also, you using buzzwords like NPC only shows that you're one of those hiveminds yourself who can't form proper arguments without resorting to some stupid words you heard online

They're some sweet shelves

You aren't even putting effort into recommending stuff, you're listing titles off like a robot. You also know he's a newfriend and yet you overwhelm him with a lot of titles just for the sake of it. The other guy made a good point, it's best to check stuff out instead of blind buying "universally acclaimed" shit.
>Also, you using buzzwords like NPC
You would have a point if you weren't unironically using buzzwords like contrarian yourself. Fuck off, you bot.

Yeah it wasn't great and the art was poor. I still read JLD though because I'm a sucker for some of the magic characters.

Pull list:
>JLD
>The Green Lantern
>Batman Damned
>The Dreaming
>Lucifer
>The Seeds (REEEEEE!)

Nah buy what you can afford.
Some people go for how it looks on the shelf but I say get what is most convenient.

Take me for example, my collection of Geoff Johns GL run is paperback till Blackest Night, which I collect all 90 issues in singles, and a omnibus that has everything after Blackest Night till the end of the run. It is an ugly hodgepodge but hey it works.

Any pull list without Immortal Hulk is worthless. Any self respecting comic book veteran should have it on unless he has sub 70 iq.

>dedicated Morrison shelf
Based

Attached: image.png (743x453, 86K)

You're trying way too hard with your contrarian bullcrap. I didn't know every recommendation list now requires an explanation why you would need to read the titles. How about using the titles on google to read up on summaries and deciding then? What are you, some child who thinks people have to be spoonfed right about everything?
I wasn't trying to overwhelm him but only trying to showcase the titles most people here have in their shelves since those titles are the ones most people like. I love how some people here just love to sperg out every single time someone makes a list like that just because you love to ve angry at something. Someone wants to do another fellow user a favour, the user appreciates it, but YOU have to force your opinion of how shitty everything is. You don't love the medium, you just love to argue

>contrarian
There he goes again.
What a retard.

fuck off hivemind

You're literally providing no decent list nor arguments, yet you call other people names, go figure. Grow up. Nobody here likes people like you

He's right though. The guy is shitting on him just for giving the other fellow user a list. That is childish behaviour

/shelf/ pls

I just bought Absolute Sandman vol. 1 last week. If this is the first round of them letting those go out of print in favor of the 30th anniversary HCs I WILL kill myself.

>I didn't know every recommendation list now requires an explanation why you would need to read the titles.
Now you know. I hope you don't mind actually communicating with people
>How about using the titles on google to read up on summaries and deciding then?
How about just looking up on Google "best comic book tpbs and omnis" and getting those same results instead?
>What are you, some child who thinks people have to be spoonfed right about everything?
Listing off titles like that is still spoonfeeding
>I wasn't trying to overwhelm him but only trying to showcase the titles most people here have in their shelves since those titles are the ones most people like.
So you just looked through the images posted, saw the titles that show off most often and then made a list? Gee, lucky you were around, the guy surely couldn't have done that on his own.
>I love how some people here just love to sperg out
Well isn't this the pot calling the kettle black
>Someone wants to do another fellow user a favour
The fact that you're patting yourself on the back acting you've made such an incredible effort to help when all you did was perform the functions of a Google search is quite hilarious
I hate these stupid tumblr, reddit, twitter words like npc, contrarian, zoomed, boomer and so on to the point that I just want to reach through the monitor and smack you, however, these threads really have become npc central with such discussions as
>is x good
>yes
>ok thanks
You actually flipped out right now because you were asked to elaborate on the titles you just listed and you basically said "don't question, just do as we say".
>You don't love the medium
Funny you should say this because that seems to be an accurate description for you. You just want to appear knowledgable in this niche medium as you stockpile your shelves with stuff you sometimes don't even read, but you just like the way it looks on your shelves.

I don't mind communicating people but I just don't like others shittalking everything for no reason if the user in question appreciates the list
Yes, he could search the titles there but here, it comes from someone who knows these threads. Also, the guy asked in this thread so might as well give him a basic list. I'm sure he is smart enough to make his own decisions based on that

I do understand why you would be critical about simplistic discussions such as "this is good", "thx" but I will never be ashamed of trying to provide anons seeking recs with a list that I'm typing out on my phone. Would I have gone into detail had I been on a computer? Most definitely. Should I feel bad for trying to give input on a basic list? No

I "flipped out" because people are criticising me without explaining why the titles on the list are bad. I don't have anything against people not liking the titles but at least take the time to explain why. These threads are meant for discussing things so might as well elaborate on titles you don't like. It's just that "don't be a hivemind" comes off as very spiteful and disrespectful in my eyes

>bullcrap

Attached: 62509DE1-3291-44AD-B14D-25F9DD137E13.gif (244x130, 720K)

>it comes from someone who knows these threads
No, it comes from a complete stranger. A self proclaimed "expert"
>I "flipped out" because people are criticising me without explaining why the titles on the list are bad
The fact that you still think you've been blasted over the titles being bad signals that you have communication issues. It's the lack of effort you put into your post as you just vomited out some some names that show up in 90% of rec lists on the vast internet that you got blasted for.
>These threads are meant for discussing things
So discuss things.
But people make mistakes, if you understand the fact that next time you should wait until you're at your pc instead of mindlessly listing off titles and telling a complete stranger he has to like them, then it's all good.

Well that's a pretty strong recommendation. I almost never read Marvel books but I know a lot of people like Immortal Hulk here so I'll give it a shot.

>I almost never read Marvel books
Retard

>want to read the original Epic Comics Hellraiser series
>original trades are OOP and only collected the first 6 issues
>more recent BOOM! reprints only collect the 'Best of'

God damn it why can't we just have comprehensive archivals

Attached: 1546117550041.jpg (319x319, 79K)

I've only read Lethal Protector and the first volume of Miller's DD :)

You disgust me

Oh, and some of the first volume of Moon Knight.
Honestly, I just haven't been able to get into Marvel. I have liked those stories I read, though.

Ok then, what Marvel stuff should I read? All I have is Miracleman and I plan to buy New X-Men soon.

Attached: image.jpg (1915x4032, 1.82M)

The guy never claimed to be an expert or said anyone *had* to like anything. Work on your reading comprehension before launching into needless spergouts.

Miracleman isn't Marvel you retard. Read any Daredevil run because the character is that based. Infinity Saga by Starlin, Warlock, Death of Captain Marvel, the modern cosmic saga by DnA that started with Annihilation all the way to Thanos Imperative, all of Epic, Fraction/Aja Hawkguy, Lee/Ditko Dr. Strange followed by Stern and Englehart runs and current Waid run, PAD Hulk, Immortal Hulk, Ultimates, Loki Agent of Asgard, anything by Ewing basically, anything by Jonathan Hickman, Superior Foes, Claremont Uncanny X-Men, Fantastic Four by Lee/Kirby and Byrne and Waid, Alias, Marvels, GWW's Ms. Marvel and so many more. Fix your fucking life.

Thank you for understanding me. I didn't want to go into another useless rant about how I never acted like an elitist or even said I'm an expert. I went back and looked at my original post and I even stated that most people here would recommend the essentials (before obviously going over to other runs etc). At the end of the day, I just wanted to make that one person happy and I hope that was the case

Dude, didn't you know? You now have to provide reasons for recommending all those books according to

>it comes from someone who knows these threads
There's an air of superiority to this sentence, it's his response to "he can look at the pictures posted in these threads himself was "but I know better."
But I really don't wanna get into this usual Yea Forums dance where you take things out of context and move the goal posts, you think saying "but he never claimed to be an expert" is somehow a good argument despite the discussion at hand being about how he just robotically listed some titles instead of having an actual discussion with the guy.
I don't know why I bother though, I see another riveting "discussion" right now with mindless listing expect it's far more surreal since it's basically
>if you don't like what I like you're a retard
>I don't want to be a retard any longer please teach me master!

>Miracleman isn't Marvel you retard.
It says "Marvel" right on the books though.

He can suck my dick

It's licensed shit it wasn't originally published by Marvel it's just Moore doing his retarded edgy Shazam comic

You're honestly shitting up this thread pretty bad at this point.

Me saying I know the threads doesn't equal me claiming to be an expert on comics. Jesus, learn to read. I DO know what kind of books people in these threads have as do many others. Why don't you admit that you're the only one here who's angry with someone saying that they know what people like to buy. Just because you think that the titles are robotically listed doesn't mean that a majority of people don't have most of those books in their collections and that I was ever stating to be an expert when it comes to comics in general. Get a grip. The only thing I agree on with you is people calling others retards when someone doesn't like something they do.

If Marvel's name is on the book, it's Marvel (not necessarily in the main continuity). Deal with it, you're in the wrong.

Unironically, what are your top 3 from there? Like I said, I'm buying New X-Men sometime soon and I think Miller's Daredevil omnibus after that.

>someone saying that they know what people like to buy
But you don't. Everyone here is a stranger, all you did was look through the pictures and listed stuff from them, something that he could have done on his own. Why do I have to repeat myself? Are you this dense? Here's a novel concept, recommend things that YOU like instead of stuff you've seen in a lot of pictures. And recommend by talking about them. And don't throw so many titles at a person that's just starting out.

I only see you crying, nigga. In all of YOUR rants, you have not ONCE recommended anything yourself. Not once. Why don't you help the user who initially asked instead of being a childish fuck knuckle? If you read comics, list your favs. It's not THAT hard. Just try it and be a good boy

There was no air. Shut the fuck up and don't post on /shelf/.

Fuck me, I was even mentioning that I would give him an essentials list so stop whining. You act like a goddamn sociopath

>act this way!
>say this!
This is what you sound like. You should try getting a boyfriend because it looks like you need some serious cock action in your mouth. The user did literally nothing wrong

Retard
It's not worth it is the point
Buy them all you retard

If the requester wanted more information, he could have and probably WOULD have asked. That situation just happened a few posts above you.
You clearly have had some weird bad experience that your projecting on this thread, and you're using it as a soapbox for your point of view that seemingly no one else currently here agrees with, and you're fighting on the part of some guy who doesn't seem to be here or have a problem with what happened.
Please calm down.

Kek, the only retard in this thread seems to be you. You're the one who is shitting up the thread because, get this, you don't like it when people make essential lists of comicbooks, especially when they don't give reasons behind why they would recommend the titles. You can't make this shit up.
You sound just like one of those smug gatekeeping assholes who give comicbook readers a bad name. Even if the guy had recommended Bendis Superman, you could have just politely explained why the run is bad. Instead, you chose to be a mean, contrarian dick with a superiority complex who just has to give his two cents on every subject. You wrote something about total strangers but face it, you're the one being a vile and nasty human being to tital strangers just because you can. That says more about you than the user who just wanted to help a guy out
Also, I agree with literally everything on that guy's list and think he does know these threads quite well

lmao what are you even talking about retard? Misquote?

Nope, got the right guy, don't worry. Calling others retards for making solid arguments makes you the dimwit

You sound like a retard

/shelf/, compose yourself. I WILL confiscate cards

I've got pic related on the way from IST and figured that even if issue 1000 is a disappointment, this should be a nice retrospective.
Did any of you guys get the Action Comics collection last year? Was it any good?

Attached: image.jpg (450x672, 75K)

Fuck me. I never did get volume V or the Death one.

Oh wait. Now I remember. Vol V is just Dreamhunters and Endless Nights, which I already have in the original HCs.

where are all of the funkos and cardboards

youve been gnomed

Violation of the first commandment (/shelf/ is love) is grounds for de-carding

I was gonna correct you but it looks like the volumes I was thinking of collect issues from the Checkers Publishing (which I don't know if that's a reprint from Epic or a different run altogether).

Attached: 51WHmVKfs7L._AC_SY400_.jpg (265x400, 24K)

Alright, I'm gonna head to my library to see if I like anything from that previous list, and see if anything catches my eye.

I actually just scrolled down to read before I posted, I didn't mean to start an argument. Sorry for stirring up shit. You guys were equally helpful. I'm gonna use the list and the library as a jumping off point to see what I like.

Attached: 1532914214314.jpg (1419x614, 590K)

I never really show them off but I've started collecting these also

Attached: 1552589572641872081852034254652.jpg (2560x1440, 1.51M)

The boom run is on Amazon for $40 and collected issues in order by the looks of it.

Think nothing of it user.
And many libraries have gotten enough sense to divide their comic sections into kids/teens/adults so look around it may have three sections worth of comics to browse.
I remember one of my local libraries did that, but knew nothing about the books contents. Which lead to Mouse Guard being in the adult section and I Kill Giants in the kids of all ages section.

My local libraries are pretty based. I've seen omnis there, actually.

Thanks fellas but yeah they're both just 'greatest hits' collections as opposed to thorough reprints of the entire Epic line (which amounts to over 1000pgs across its 20 deluxe format issues and 2 annuals).

Even the Checkers three-volume collection only collects maybe half that content. And apparently the BOOM ones split up multi-part stories across its two volumes, for whatever fucking reason

Fucking nice.

So I bought these years ago and for years I thought I had fucked up. But alas, vindication:
amazon.com/Sandman-Omnibus-Vol-3/dp/1401287735

Attached: sandman.jpg (700x394, 49K)

Very nice. I didn't realize the two didn't complete it. I almost got those over the absolutes, but damn I love the absolutes.

What's the point of having an art book?

absolute > omnibus

Pretty pictures cause serotonin.

Attached: received_2219145325072132.jpg (625x625, 14K)

Yeah they're a perfect size. I just couldn't afford them at the time. But I also didn't know they had more content at the time.

I mean it's just pretty pictures. What exactly are you supposed to do with it.

>youve been gnomed
fug

They allow you to consume media through your senses.

>Nice pictures
>Look at concept art (including stuff tht's hard to find) and printed art of stuff that made it into final version
>creator commentary can be insightful/funny
Source: Have both Bayonetta artbooks

You know when you go to an art exhibit? It's like that, but forever(-ish) and without pants.

iirc the Sandman omnibuses contain the 10 trades. The third one is going to be Dream Hunters, Overture, etc.

beat off

>item listed as new
>no shrink wrap
>shipping barcode sticker on slip case
>sharpie marker checked through the sticker and onto the front of the slip case
>every corner looks like it was dropped on concrete from 10 feet up

Amazon marketplace sellers are literally the worst.

Attached: wenk.jpg (549x345, 46K)

This plus it serves as reference or inspiration for other people.

Do they just copy the pictures or something?

Slott's a better Spider-Man writer than Spencer

OP here. I actually thought about buying the Omnis but several people have complained about the quality of those due to the amount of pages. I'd rather get the slip than the Omnis but as the Slipcase seems to not be coming back.... I will most certainly go with the first four Absolutes and the Overture Absolute because those look amazing. Later on, I'll get the fifth one

There's a bit of difficulty getting to the center of the pages sometimes but there's nothing wrong with the quality of the book. V thicc though. If I correctly recollect, they're the same recoloring from the Absolutes.

They look at the process of how it was made, see little details that they might have missed otherwise, or even the pallet of colors.
Art books may not be for everyone but they have an audience, user.

There are no originally coloured issues anymore, only the new ones. I just don't like the thickness I guess. Also, if I can get the Absolutes for 50€ more, I'll just get those, especially if the quality is a lot better. I'm just a bit afraid that the Absolutes will require a lot of space

Spent some extra cash on Dollar General picture frames. Between them and 3M picture hanging strips it cost about $40 -- which isn't anything to sneeze at for displaying floppies on the wall.
Got all of my favorite GL issues hanging up now, and I've got the Johns' Omnibus' and a handful of trades to collect before I can focus on getting a Mosaic and Spectre set bound.

Attached: GL Shelf.jpg (672x1628, 472K)

Why are the majority of them hard to find if there is a big audience for these books

Did you have something heavy on the top shelf? It looks like there's a dip in it.

>framing those ugly looking floppies
I hereby revoke your shelf card

Other user here. I meant the concept art itself is hard to find. There are a ton of concept sketches or renders involved in games that don't always make into extra content galleries in game. Instead of googling stuff and saving a compressed image, or a bunch of files, you can just have the book. With Bayo again, a decent amount of design concepts and shit are in the art books, but not in the galleries, including stuff made after the game came out

It's just cheap press board. You could put a feather on it and it'd start caving in.

Come get it. :^)

There is no point in displaying cheap ass floppies

You're more than welcome to come over to my place and take them down if they bother you that much, user. I'll make you some tea and we can sit and talk about your favorite arc in Green Lantern.

What's your favourite superhero, user? I bet it's the Flash

>What's your favourite superhero, user? I bet it's the Flash
Why, it's Wally West of course.

Attached: 1234794-kid_lantern.jpg (279x526, 34K)

That's a big discount.

Sorry, I don't read Green Lantern

Are those like ashcans or promos?

Kek, I knew it!

4u

You don’t live in TX, do you?

Attached: 012E69E2-3175-4439-A1FB-833E8AAEA30D.jpg (3264x2448, 1.85M)

Why

Nope. Good 'ol Virginia.

Attached: received_2510655355630185.png (658x543, 404K)

I am a a dickwhistle.

My buddy’s brother is in TX and he’s also a hard core GL fan. I’ve never seen his shelves, though. Nice collection, btw.

That's most Epic Comics stuff in a nutshell.
It's up to the creators to find a publisher, and it can be a hard sell to convince someone to publish your 30 year old comic.
Elaine Lee and Kaluta had to kickstart IDW reprints of Starstruck

It's a trap, don't go! He's gonna tie you to a chair engage you in a lengthy conversation about the lore of Green Lantern! and then he's gonna force feed you eggs.

On ebay they're listed a production pages , this what they look like not in the slip

Attached: 15526031033336725513166026522033.jpg (2560x1440, 1.11M)

Got some colored ones also

Attached: 15526032388936901215795041790586.jpg (2560x1440, 1.1M)

Fuckin shit. The back of my shelf's coming away again. This shelf is slightly tilted (very slightly) and the books are pushed right against it which I don't think's helping. The shelf's also like 10 years old, if not a couple more. Any good shelves where this won't happen?

Nah they look cool. I'll make a board like that for Morrison's GL run once it's finished. I have all of the variant covers so far.

I may just need to hammer more nails into the back, but I rly hope it doesn't collapse. It doesn't seem bad enough for that, that said

Attached: metallics-everbilt-corner-braces-15304-64_1000.jpg (1000x1000, 37K)

I hate you

Seems fair. I'll order some... thanks.

Why?

I like art books.

Attached: IMG_3985.jpg (2162x1813, 834K)

you don't need to push your books right up against the backing of your shelf, doing that can knock the backing off.

are you the guy who lived in a trailer and got enlisted and shit? that's some dedication user

Attached: 8AADC0F5-889A-4D45-8F9E-F3D0F8732E4A.jpg (3264x2448, 1.48M)

I'm more bothered by all that water space above the books. That's really the only reason I haven't been buying manga. It only takes a little more than half a shelf's height. It's wasteful.

>water space
What did I mean by this
wasted*

Attached: received_376614776431457.png (800x799, 514K)

These must have been done intentionally

Naturally. Agent 312 is the evil successor to box man

Then you need to get some wire racks or more shelving.
Or a dedicated bookcase for manga.

I have some media shelves for games that would be perfect for typical tanks, but VizBigs and the like are just a bit too tight. Big bummer.

Why do you keep posting this cat

Doesn't that guy hate SF now

it is the arbiter of /shelf/. his all seeing eyes cast a dark shadow over this place, granting and destroying /shelf/cards at its catlike whims. that’s what a friend told me, anyway

Seems like it. Once I get it sorted, I'll try to avoid doing it again

Goose likes /shelf/. He would never judge

>Why do you keep posting this cat

Attached: 48373116_279010942757719_6226148110276493312_n.jpg (1024x1004, 44K)

Thanks dude. Feels good getting everything back bit by bit.

Street Fighter?

based pussy poster

>Mansize tissues
>Pink Ugg styled boots.
>Flower
I have no idea what's even going on

Maybe user lives with someone.

Gendered bodycare products usually just mean the male branded stuff is cheaper.

KEK! That's a good one user

See

*blows u*

Recommend me something like the Manhattan projects, which is to say intelligent, nihilistic, and with a wicked sense of humor.

maus

>The Technopriests
>Sha
>The Nikopol Trilogy
and pretty much anything Ellis

Will Slaine, The Horned God EVER be reprinted?

Thanks dudes. That's a good starting point for sure. Had no clue Satoshi Kon did any manga. I thought he just did animation so this should be a treat

What's everyone's opinions on Nextwave

Attached: next-wave-11-003.jpg (1985x1529, 615K)

personally I didn’t like it. The problem for me is that it was just a rapidfire joke after joke after joke, which is a problem if you don’t find the jokes funny. Now, if I found the jokes funny this would probably be my favourite comic ever. But a comedy that you don’t find funny is just a worthless. This is all just my opinion of course and comedy is completely subjective

looking at this again, I posted an outdated version of this shelf. I rearranged things so numbers would be in the right order

Attached: 20190131_232320.jpg (1861x1960, 2.21M)

>jojo keeps repeating at 01 volume
Why does manga do this?

I don't think manga generally does that. I believe JoJo does that to split up the sagas and/or what generation it follows.
I'm not 100% sure you weren't making an ironic joke targeting cape comics though.

It is more on Jojo's part, hehe, as a new number one means a new protagonist and such, if it's any consolation in the original run there was no splitting the chapters in batches every ran until chapter 600 I think.

Attached: Shelf Mangos Jan 2019.jpg (3168x3487, 2.57M)

>I still need Dragon Ball vol.1-16 to complete the image on the spine
feels bad man

That's your penance for starting with Z. If you actually mean this same edition, cool! Panini points and the online store have plenty of copies of those.

Attached: shelf jan19.jpg (3264x2448, 2.52M)

>Big Hero 6, Fred, funko
Weird. That actually looks movie correct instead of soulless hell. Also the first time I've ever seen BH6 merch

They have a couple good designs

Attached: scrooge pop.jpg (1280x720, 100K)

What part? I'm in Winchester.

I hate you all. You gave me an addiction that i don't need. This is an expensive hobby

>tfw I collect comics and SH Figuarts
It kills my wallet

Attached: 1484540368665.gif (720x540, 1.81M)

It's not too bad if you don't try to get a big collection quickly.

>read an omni in a week
well...it sucks to have free time I guess

I mean, you don't need to buy something just to read it. I pirate a lot and buy what really stands out to me.

oh, believe me I pirate a lot too. But I have always found that pirating makes me buy more, it was the same thing when I was really hardcore into music.

Added on Big Barda.

Attached: IMG_20190313_211925_155.jpg (3024x3024, 2.6M)

>Framed Kate Leth Hellcat issues

Attached: Absolutely_Disgusting.jpg (300x225, 32K)

In your opinion, what is the single best Epic collection to buy, given the choice of the entire line priced at roughly $20 each?

I'd prefer one that's not silver age, as I've read the entirety of that era by Marvel. Ideally the issues should be something that I wouldn't be able to buy more affordably in back issue bins or in lots off of eBay.

Stark Wars, maybe? Can't go wrong with Layton's '80s Iron Man imo

Moon Knight Bad Moon Rising

This guy is a real pussy magnet.

Obviously he respects women.

He has a Lois statue, can't find a fault.

user, you gonna get used to it. It's not so hard as you think it is.

Silver Surfer: Freedom?
I was gonna say Wolverine: Madripoor Nights but that seems to be OOP. Damn. It's a good one.

No, it's the viz edition with the power pole going across every volume.

Berserk is up on IST if you haven't already preordered it on Amazon.

I'll grant them this, that "preorder a book and you'll get it at the highest discount since you ordered it" thing is nice.

I'm all for not caring about what other people think but how the fuck do you justify having tons of statues of women in your home? Most people are biased as fuck and instantly think a guy is a perv for having stuff like that in a shelf. Do you say it's all because of the aesthetics or what?

>All the bombshells and BatDick
Nice

I really enjoyed it, but I don't know the character well enough to say they're well written. Still a fun story.

I hate dust covers
>Keep it on
It keeps sliding out of position
>Take it off
Doesn't fit back exactly the same. I'd rather live with the former

How the fuck do you guys convince yourselves to spend money on absolutes and omnis? I thought about getting the absolutes in OP and a few Marvel omnis but I'm still uncomfortable with spending that much money on comics

Figuarts + Comic collector
>tfw you like Mezco

Just fuck me wallet up!

Attached: IMG_3601.jpg (750x1000, 98K)

same
they're fucking useless, get in the way and the art is almost always trash
i dont know a single person who actually likes dust covers

At least Mezco doesn't release that many figures. That way, you have time to save up some money till another figure comes out you like

I-I-I do. I get what you mean though. Sometimes, the art is shittier than the one on the actual cover

Depends on the run. Tho I only have one. Old Marvel omnis usually have letters pages from way back. Usually decent binding. Hopefully accurate colouring. Also
>is this less expensive than getting every TPB/HC phyically?

Not that user. I like dust covers for the function and I like them more than having art on the Hardcover, but I wish they didn't flare out when I try to put the comic back on the shelf

priorities my nig
if you got better shit to spend your money on, don't do it
i particularly don't have anything important to spend with so all my money (which isnt much anyway) go towards food/drinking cigarettes comics/books and some clothing once in a while
if you need to convince yourself to spend money on comics then you probably shouldnt do it. i also only get stuff i really want and i know is high quality and will last a lifetime
quality>quantity is always a sound investment

>I like dust covers for the function
keeping dust out of the cover? you have to be mega anal to actually worry about dust on a book

Well, for example, I know the sandman absolutes would be worth it but it's still a lot of money. Buying them individually would mean that there is a possibility they all go out of print until I get the chance to buy the rest
>priorities
That's the main problem. I love to travel with my gf and while I love that, I really want the books too. That's why I have a separate account for comics but it's still hard to actually go through with it and just buy the damn things

>You have to be mega anal
Unfortunately, that's about accurate. Not to the point that I actively dust the tops of HCs, but I know I probably would if the covers weren't there...

Omnis are decently prized when you think about it. Never bought an absolute in my life but the Hellboy Library Editions are too sexy to give up.

>Hellboy Library
Fuuuuuck that. I bought the paperback Omnis as fast as I could just because the Library editions were that juicy. I just knew that if I had waited, I would have bought them all. This way, I saved tons of money (which I can spend on the goddamn sandman absolutes and Marvel omnis)

There were no paperback omnis back in my day. Marvel omnis are a great investment too.

>I love to travel with my gf and while I love that, I really want the books too
your gf might break up with you and all your memories together will feel like a nightmare and you'll wish you never had them
comic books are forever

hope i helped

And I thank god for starting my collection as late as I did. Otherwise, I would be more than 120 bucks short

Kek. The memories of the countries I visited stay forever, even if my gf leaves me.
Implying I won't turn her into my first real-scale Mezco figure before that happens

> I would be more than 120 bucks short
What you gain in coin you lose in page size and nifty cloth-covers.

I thought it was a grand old time. Bring back The Captain.

>What you gain in coin you lose in page size and nifty cloth-covers
this
hellboy LEs are about as nice as a comic can get. big pages, quality paper, nice texture hardcover
the extra money is absolute worth it imo. not to mention they'll be valued a lot more when they're out of print
even if there's a future special edition of hellboy i doubt it'll be the same as the LEs. it'll probably be a boxset with normal sized hardcovers or something

rip those dustjackets

Attached: 1532326930327.jpg (2576x3416, 2.39M)

I think Omnibuses are typically cheaper than buying the trades that make up the omnibus. You've got to buy them online too where you can always get big discounts like 40-50% off. I'd buy way less of them if they actually cost me $100-$150 but I only pay $50-$75.

fuck the haters, this is cool

they are so fucking pointless, usually the actual hardcover looks nicer anyway

>liking supergirl
What? U gay or something

The problem is that I would want the other HC editions of other books too, yet some of those are already OOP. I'll judt get everything in paperback form and not always be worried about getting something in the same format. Sandman is a different story because Sandman is virtually standalone if you don't count Lucifer

I really hope they make an Absolute Lucifer someday.

Attached: image.jpg (404x640, 98K)

Library Editions are generally stellar products. I have the Black Hammer and Harrow County ones, and while they don't have the same fabric cover Hellboy does, they're just great books.

What the hell happened?

Why'd you get the regular 52 volumes? Thought about getting the run and I saw it was out in two collected volumes instead of the 4 or 5 that you seem to have. Saw a guy on my local ebay selling those old ones but I don't see the benefit since he wants 50€ whereas I can get the two collected editions for about 30€

Yeah I have those same two and second everything you said. They really make DC look bad because they're nearly as nice as absolutes but they cost only a quarter or maybe a third of the price.

Where the fuck do I get those cheap ass books? Hellboy Libraries cost like 28 quid while the Sandman Absolutes cost 40 pounds

instocktrades.com

Hellboy LEs are $28 and Harrow County was only $23z

Attached: 20190315_135714.jpg (2016x1094, 629K)

This nigga knows

Nothing like getting a brand new book from Amazon!

DC absolutes of just straight up over priced. Yeah they’re good products but they’re not worth their price tag. Compared to the Darkhorse library editions or, a better comparison would be the Rick Rememder hard covers for image, There’s really no excuse for them at cost what they do .

Did you ever read the Booster Gold series that came after 52?

If you think Library editions and Image Deluxe formats are as good as Absolutes then you need to stop posting.

I own all three of those, and many examples of them. If you think absolutes are worth twice as much or more than the other two then it is you that needs to stop posting

No you don't.

Man what the FUCK? That makes me legit mad because shipping to Germany was expensive as hell last time I checked. Maybe I'll have to check again (and then possibly sell my paperbacks if the shipping isn't too expensive

Absolutes have the slip case, better binding, and are bigger iirc. Don't know about the paper stock. I'd say as long as they're in the 40-50 pound range, the pricing is fine. Anything above that is a legit scam

Now what? I bet that it’s actually you that doesn’t on all three that it’s you that doesn’t have a reference point. Or you’re literally a paid DC shill to try to make the case that the absolute is worth at least twice as much as the other two

Attached: B406E38A-9B8D-4252-B2D7-1E2579E5BB48.jpg (2072x2736, 1.16M)

The only advantage that absolutes have over library editions is that the absolutes have cardboard slipcases.

>went straight for the shill card
Damn, dude. You're not worth my time but Black Science is straight trash with shit binding.

Not that user but what about the paper quality and the size? Are they any different?
Also, I read some reviews on the Hellboy LEs saying that the covers change their colour over time. I don't know whether those people were stupid enough to leave their books in a sunny part of the room or whether it was actually some kind of decomposition of the material they were talking about

Absolutes have bigger page size and have better paper quality.

I’ll take that as a concession

The single volumes include some notes of the writers after each issue.

Shit local post service. It came from wordery tho.

No. Is it good?

Both have great paper, I would call it a wash. They're about the same size but absolutes might be a few millimeters bigger.

>cel will be refunded if returned to sender
>USPS still has it for some reason
How long does USPS wait until they return stuff to sender?

>I read some reviews on the Hellboy LEs saying that the covers change their colour over time.
I've had vol. 1 for eight or so years, and just recently got 2. The old one definitely lightened to more of a gray. Some of that time was spent living with a mother who smoked and not necessarily keeping my shelfs out of the sun, however. I've seen plenty of them on shelves here that look brand new black.

well, fuck. Berserk is already sold out at IST.

People got really pissed at me when I said I liked Devon and Phoenix.

Most people dont know what they are and just assume they're worth a lot. I dont dissuade them from that opinion.

The Absolutes were absolutely worth it for me (I picked em up for ~$50 a copy) but that's cause I loved the series so much, you may also wanna look into which coloring you want, because it's different.

I don't have Death but
>amazon.com/Absolute-Death-Neil-Gaiman/dp/1401224636
>barnesandnoble.com/w/absolute-death-neil-gaiman/1015967391

Guess who seem to have cancelled the LoSH Five Years Later HC...

I'll settle for the new colouring because I'm not paying tons of bucks for used books if I can get premium books far cheaper. I like how everyone actually recommends them though. It gives me a sense of hope that my decision to get them is a good one

I think the new coloring for Sandman is definitely an improvement.

Fucking Dynamite.

Horrible, isn't it?

DYNO-MITE!

Nice to hear. Usually, i mostly see mixed opinions but I obviously can't judge it for myself since I never read the run

EUPHORIA, SHUT THE FUCK UP! I KNOW THAT WAS YOU! I AIN'T EVEN GOTTA LOOK!

Attached: recent pull.jpg (3264x2448, 2.61M)

Absolutes are a few milimeters bigger and have a slipcase. Both have the same paper stock and about the same quality binding. But Sandman Absolutes are $120 CAN and Dark Horse Library's are $60-70 CAN. Paying double for SLIGHTLY better quality? They are over priced.

it is, some of the old colouring tended to lose the detail, sometimes things would just blend into the background.

They aren't overprized everywhere which is probably why there is a discussion in the first place. In the UK, Hellboy costs 28 pounds while the Sandman Absolutes are 40 pounds. Instocktrades has Hellboy for 28 dollars and Sandman for 50-something dollars

I'm talking about the price printed on the actual books. We all search for deals, I got my Sandman Absolutes for half price, but the fact that DC prints them with this price on them, yes that is overpriced

I thibk that's just a stupid marketing technique though. Most Absolutes have high prices written on them, yet they're literally never sold for those prices anywhere.

If you don’t care about the condition of the book, it’s still listed on amazon.

Brick book stores all sell books for the price labled on them. Even Amazon sells it for that price and fiddles with discount. the printed price is the standard price, places can discount from that to whatever they want.

Probably shit preorders, or new directives are making them think "more omnis, feweer individual releases".
Shit preorders because it's hard to sell a time-skip-rendered-non-canon-by-retroboot.
Giffen was on it for what, forty issues + a few annuals? That could be a single large omnibus.
Either way, time to collect what singles I can find in bins

I guess, but I'm still peeved. I want to buy my Legion garbage but DC just keep cancelling it and I'm not in a place where I can find a lot of floppies.

This thread reminds me to reconsider buying the Sandman Absolutes. What kind of extras do the first four have? Anything of value? Also, how is Overture?

what are the odds of DC reprinting The Button into Doomsday Clock when they eventually finish it in 3021?

the first one has lots of extras, Gaiman's origional pitch, his first arc story, and ideas he had for what to do with the long story on it. It also has the full script for the Midsummer Nights Dream story. They all have loads of extra covers as well, Death has a shit ton of artists fanart.

0%

It'll be in the omnibus but not in the original tpb. Mayyybe in the deluxe edition.

They're better simply because the art is larger and the books aren't as super-thick as the omnibii

I have way too many comics probably being read in various spots around the house right now but here's my shelf. 1/2

Attached: 20190315_204939.jpg (4032x1960, 2.43M)

And my recent buys I definitely spent too much at once on.

Attached: 20190315_205002.jpg (4032x1960, 2.94M)

why did you bought the same thing twice?

based dredd fag tho

Does the omni include 2 of the other books there?

I haven't read the new gods and wanted to dive into it and was worried the two smaller collections wouldn't tie it all together well enough with all titles I guess. I remember picking up a collection of blackest knight that was like reading a jigsaw puzzle.

Plus superman's pal Jimmy Olsen to tie them into the consecutive story.

And The forever people as well, sorry

How often do you guys buy collections without having read parts/all of them before?

If you have the money then you should definitely get them. They're the highest quality version.

I have the all 5yl worth a fuck. 1-38. I’m going to have it bound. Also if you can use mycomicshop.com they have pretty much evrything in floppies. I know, because l’m going to start buying soon- for more custom binds.

Sadly I'm in Europe and so far away from the nearest place that binds comics that I can't really justify the cost.

Kirby aint Johns, bro.

Attached: E785FD3B-E80C-449D-9516-31BCFBFD2AA1.jpg (700x1018, 462K)

That sucks, sorry user.

Did this actually come out at IST and sell out?

Attached: 232E47CC-8D9B-4085-9B00-507525447984.jpg (293x450, 44K)

>tfw lemire animal man omnibus finally happening

Did it with most of my first comics because people told me those were great. Wasn't disappointed at all. Have to say though that it's my favourite way of reading stuff because it lets you get into it totally unbiased

Frequently. I avoid forwards too; they’re full of bias and ego.

Wanted to get a few Cartoon Network classics.

So that's the Australian Powerpuff Girls collection, the UK DVD of the movie and the American Home Movies collection.

I'm happy it's the newer smaller case for Powerpuff Girls, I originally bought a used copy of the original large box set but then saw Madman had a slimmer pack with a special 20th anniversary sleeve from a year ago, luckily ended up getting that one new, just the top is cracked but I don't care, I'm not going to return something to New Zealand and wait for the replacement.

Attached: IMG_20190316_130827.jpg (3464x4618, 793K)

>ppg
>home movies
my nigga

>volume 5
But that doesn't come out till April?

Man IST trades had the misprinted copies for 45 bucks yesterday (40 with the discount) but by the time I got back home from the gym they sold out.

Very kino set up. Should've cropped the image tho.

all the time cause my LCS has a bargain bin always and I have found some of my favorite comics in there. So gambling for a good book with $5 is nothing to me.

Genuinely great shelf.

don't get your hopes up until it's actually out.

>he doesn’t like what I like
>time to be a whiny fuck
Go back to outer/co/

>It's licensed shit it wasn't originally published by Marvel it's just Moore doing his retarded edgy Shazam comic

Attached: 38E5BC0C-4F68-40EA-A6B0-93CF058301DE.jpg (331x548, 46K)

Why would you have to go to New Zealand?

Attached: 1552689271213.png (640x640, 408K)

pleas e stop pussy posting

How slowly do y’all read? I have generally down a 200 page book in a day’s time.

Simonson Thor Omni is a bigboi

Attached: E571BEEB-2CF8-4821-8D7A-D5DE0DC2DBCC.jpg (1777x3780, 1.97M)

Quite a bit. I like a blind purchase.

Some people have jobs.

The first printing is even bigger because it had better paper stock

Varies widely for me. Modern comics usually take no time to breeze through and I can do 20 issues in a day easily. But some older comics are incredibly dense and slow my reading right down. Even Sandman takes me over twice as long to read a page than a modern comic
my sister has the first omni printing and yeah, about 3/4s an inch thicker than that. It's beautiful but almost unwieldy.

>June's DC solicitations
Yep, looks like they are doing more hardcovers going forward

So do I. If you read that slowly it’s probably a hinderance in your work life.

Some people have jobs AND other hobbies AND relationships. If you actually do sports, you even have less time on your hand and are too tired to read +1000 pages in a week

Just finished Spider-Man Blue and Colan's DD within the last week. I really liked Blue. Colan DD had great art, but mixed quality compared to other Silver Age Marvel.
Now reading Waid's Daredevil since I got it last week or so. Only read the first 3 issues but I thought they were great. I'm lookin forward to reading more of it and seeing how it progresses. The mannequin with Mike Murdock's hat and shadesin one panel was a nice touch, as a sidenote.

>go to bed an hour early
>bring the book of your choice and a small light
>read for an hour
>sleep real comfylike
>continue the process every night
>begin to read faster and faster
>finish your entire bookshelf
>feel good about your trivial accomplishment
>have a new life skill

>>begin to read faster and faster
I've read for years and I'm a terribly slow reader. I don't know if that necessarily gets better with practice.
I think it's mostly an attention span issue though. If I read fast my mind wanders and I realize I reached the end of a page while thinking about something else completely.

What's the /shelf/-approved printing of TDKR?

Attached: NOV150279[1].jpg (450x698, 56K)

As unfortunate as that is, it makes me happy that I just grabbed a complete 135-issue set of 5YL for $60.

Finding Legionnaires for cheap is going to be a bitch though.

Is that the recolored shittery? Because yuck if it is.

I for one don't like speedreading books because I feel like I'm not enjoying the art enough that way. I can get through a 600 page book within two days but with comics, it's different. Sometimes, I also like to imagine characters dramatically speaking like in a movie so it might take more time to read than if I were to speed through it. Most people have the ability to speedread but indulging the moment and speedreading aren't compatible with one another

Speedreaders are a cancer.

can you even get the original coloured Simonson Thor anymore?

Mate, that's all due to using mobile phones and computers throughout the years. The only reason I finished my studies at the university as an A grade student is that I'm exceptionally fast at learning things. I would sit down for 6 hours and effectively read for like an hour while most of my friends would do five times the work I did. Fuck

I got myself the Deluxe when I started collecting and I think it's great. Great middle way in my eyes considering the Absolute is expensive as fuck and the TPBs being smaller with worse binding. AND you get two stories for cheap

It made me fall in love with Booster Gold and his family. I think it was a really great run. It was interrupted by Flash Point which was unfortunate. The downside is it will make you sad to read it and then see what King is doing to Booster in Heroes in Crisis.

6 issue trades take me usually 2-3 hours to read depending on what mood i'm in, manga volumes are usually 1.5-2 hours also
i think when i read watchmen it'd take me 60-90 minutes to make it through 1 issue because there was more or less like a novel
i'm an autists so go easy on me, i read slowly

I wouldn't equate reading fast with learning fast.

Yes, as the Visionary trades.
I've never looked them up, so some might be OOP though

Yeah I fucking hate what he is doing to all of the characters in that series tho. I'm sticking only to pre new 52 for DC.

Mines is on way!

Not that user but they do seem to be OOP. I had to get the set from eBay, tho I was lucky enough to get em in a bundle. They look nice, tho I only checked a few pages since I was reading something else. Should be good for a first read when I get to it

I was actually refering to the attention span thing

Me gusta