Storytime

The Magnificent Ms. Marvel #1

Attached: Magnificent Ms. Marvel 001-000.jpg (1988x3056, 1.38M)

Other urls found in this thread:

wikipedia.org/wiki/Monica_Rambeau
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bahira
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Attached: Magnificent Ms. Marvel 001-001.jpg (1988x3056, 1.15M)

Attached: Magnificent Ms. Marvel 001-002.jpg (1988x3056, 2.61M)

Attached: Magnificent Ms. Marvel 001-003.jpg (1988x3056, 2.46M)

Attached: Magnificent Ms. Marvel 001-004.jpg (1988x3056, 2.46M)

Attached: Magnificent Ms. Marvel 001-005.jpg (1988x3056, 2.68M)

Thanks user

Attached: Magnificent Ms. Marvel 001-006.jpg (1988x3056, 2.38M)

Attached: Magnificent Ms. Marvel 001-007.jpg (1988x3056, 2.64M)

Attached: Magnificent Ms. Marvel 001-008.jpg (1988x3056, 2.26M)

Attached: Magnificent Ms. Marvel 001-009.jpg (1988x3056, 2.26M)

>brown people time
I thought lateness was just a nigger thing

A little dramatic Kamala. That being said after like a dozen people have learn about her Identity finally someone disproves.

Attached: Magnificent Ms. Marvel 001-010.jpg (1988x3056, 2.19M)

The Muslims are culturally appropriating black stereotypes. Soon Kamala will be eating fried chicken.

Attached: Magnificent Ms. Marvel 001-011.jpg (1988x3056, 2.29M)

Are you interested in the "Director's Cut" version OP?

>"Director's Cut"
Why does hearing that fill me with dread?

Attached: Magnificent Ms. Marvel 001-012.jpg (1988x3056, 2.19M)

I have it and I will see what's different. But I probably won't do the script and black&white pages. the character designs though

forgot the page

Attached: Magnificent Ms. Marvel 001-013.jpg (1988x3056, 2.83M)

Because it sounds like its filled with shitty shops of big tits and bikinis.

>But I probably won't do the script
Maybe someone might be interested
>and black&white pages
That's okay

eww

Attached: Magnificent Ms. Marvel 001-014.jpg (1988x3056, 2.84M)

sorry user. 115 pages is a bit much for me,

Attached: Magnificent Ms. Marvel 001-015.jpg (1988x3056, 2.29M)

LEGO fist. Ahmed is going to kill the big fist meme.

Attached: Magnificent Ms. Marvel 001-016.jpg (1988x3056, 2.91M)

Attached: Magnificent Ms. Marvel 001-017.jpg (1988x3056, 2.84M)

Attached: Magnificent Ms. Marvel 001-018.jpg (1988x3056, 2.32M)

I'm loving the dramatic new direction. Gotta pick this up

Attached: Magnificent Ms. Marvel 001-019.jpg (1988x3056, 2.72M)

So did Kamala and Bruno fuck yet?

Attached: Magnificent Ms. Marvel 001-021.jpg (1988x3056, 2.68M)

No

Attached: Magnificent Ms. Marvel 001-022.jpg (1988x3056, 1.27M)

Legit didn't see that coming

Obvious Fake out

Attached: Magnificent Ms. Marvel 001-023.jpg (1988x3056, 1M)

things...he's got cancer

>That face when your parents are a puddle.

Looks like it's just one alt design for the father and daughter. I wonder if those aliens were designed to melt or if this "chosen one" stuff is because these bad aliens are allergic to Kamala.

Attached: Magnificent Ms. Marvel - Director's Cut 001-112.jpg (1988x3056, 871K)

Looks like the clone goo from the clone kamala arc

What?

Attached: Freaked out.jpg (339x314, 66K)

Solid start for Ahmed...

So what is this, just a continuation of the original series without Wilson?

Grove Street... home...

Attached: d61742f1047549cc0580c495347d078474c8686c1e06b7df4b7f5c734e66aa54.jpg (750x407, 87K)

>brown people time
Nakia what the fuck?

Yep.

Nakia's getting more of an attitude. I like it.

eh, s'alright

Thanks, OP. Not sure how I feel about this issue, to be honest. I hope this run doesn't take itself too seriously.

So if I'm remembering correctly they all remember the incursions happened but not what happened in between them and the world being rebuilt.

The only time I remember it being addressed was in ultimates where Blue Marvel said nobody knows what happened before the 8 month time skip. No book had anybody trying to figure it out, they just moved on with their lives.

>oh crap!
Since when does Kamala curse? That seems out of character. She is abrasive at times, but cursing just seems out of character for her.

>Writer: Saladin Ahmed
>Saladin Ahmed
>S A L A D I N

Attached: Time for another Crusade .jpg (1080x1206, 280K)

"Crap" is hardly a curse

She also said "hell" earlier, which weirded me out too. But she's an American teenager, and these swears are incredibly tame for a teenager. Plus, light swears make her feel less like a cutsie little kid, which was my biggest problem with late-era Wilson's writing.

>"That changed everything. I love it now."

I hate you guys so much.

The original run was great, but it overstayed its welcome when it became clear that she would NEVER have Kamala face any real stakes or hardship.

>didn't want to go to God with a lie being the last thing in my book
Do Muslims subscribe to the whole Book of Life and/or St. Peter stuff? Thought that was strictly a Christian thing

>that planet's greatest hero

stopped reading there

You missed out.

Muslims are basically Christians 2.0, I assume a lot of stuff carries over.

>2.0
You mean 0.5, Jews are Christians 1.0.

What does that make Mormons?

Retarded.

Christians 1.5? Or retards, take your pick.

In Kamanist Jersey, LEGO steps on you!

That shit is played as a comedic counterpoint, you dolt.
It's obvious on the next page when his grand narrative starts to clash with her mundane problems and non-exemplary qualities.

>Moses claims he has the Word of God literally written in stone
>Jesus claims "nuh-uh, I have the answers because I'm God's Son!"
>Mohammed basically states "Turns out there's some last minute additions we should know"
>Mormons flat out shout "FFFFFUCK THAT, Golden Plates are the be all end all on God!"
Religion is dumb

Is this Kamala’s second run?

Well, can't complain it's moving too slowly.
All a bit front loaded in setting up the story, but it gets things going towards the story he wants to tell.
With three fight scenes just this issue, I guess we're firmly in cape territory now, and the kid gloves are off.
On the one hand, this needs to happen to a degree, on the other hand I hope she's not going Cosmic now.
I like her cast and the last thing we need is another Carol with no recurring side characters and no social context.

Didn't expect that

Yeah, Kamala needs to take the kid gloves off, but stay in Jersey City. You can have serious heroes, that don't get sucked into space to fight whatever new eldritch abomination of the year comes a long.

Yeah, she has her original Ms. Marvel comic, and now this Marvelous Ms. Marvel comic. Not including all the shitty Marvel(tm) Crossover(tm) Event(tm)s.

I liked Big Fists, though I also do hope they have more fun with her shape-shifting abilities. We know she can be pretty drastic with it - that time she shape-shifted into a couch, her being able to change her face, that time she flattened herself out like a blanket to smother someone, etc - so seeing every fight just be "grow and smash" can be a little disappointing.

third technically.

Nakia has always had a bit of an attitude, I think it's just that she tends to get shoved into the background with other secondary characters. It stands out more whenever she has one-on-one time with Kamala because she doesn't really get that much as most of Kamala's friend time goes to Bruno. It feels like they "paired" her off with Zoe all that time ago just to give her something to do in the background.

Doesn't Miles know? I thought he was one of the few who got through it all completely unscathed, and was friendly enough to Molecule Man (or whatever) that he let him choose what'd happen after Doom was defeated? Or something?

How old is she supposed to be at this point? She was 16 when introduced, and this issue states that they've just started a new year at school. Would this upgrade her to 17 (or thereabouts), or would she be older again given how much time must have passed since her initial issue. Young enough to still be in highschool, but a year or two older?

Not that I'm expecting the timeline to make any sense or whatever.

Ditching the established secondary characters and setting would be a mistake I think. I hear a lot of praise for the wider cast when people talk about Ms Marvel, so it'd be a bit of an odd choice to just jettison all that.

I was under the impression that people were expecting much more Kamala/Miles cross-overs now, given the writer ... but maybe that'd tread on the toes of Champions too much?

I've heard people give an assortment of numbers, but I can't for the life of me work out where the divisions would be. How do you judge? It "feels" like everything has been one single run to me so far, though if I had to guess I'd assume the second run started after the world ended and she joined the Avengers?

The first 19 issues make the first run. It was renumbered after Secret Wars - still under the same writer and following the same path, so the only thing that changed is the issue number.

The second run started after marvel decided to renumber their issues at #1 despite not actually starting over any storylines. It was some stupid attempt to boost sales and it worked

Marvel has a sliding times scale. At least a year has passed in her comic, but she is still 16. Peter Parker has been 28 for the better part of a decade now, despite seeing years pass by.

>'i'v done ok so far"
yeah thx Miles/Mephisto

That cover looks really nice

Not canon to this book.

Nice to see Ahmed remembers her first change-of-face as Carol.

Nice to see they aren't retconning her origin because the Inhuman push flopped.

That'll come when they start pushing for her movie.

Man I fucking hate it when a series starts with someone from the future
It never works out that way so why bother making up lies

so is this going to be them retconning her inhuman origin?

They retconned Carol's origin, might as well retcon Kamala's too.

Just realized there's a page missing in between here.

Kamala was cute this issue thx for storytime

Attached: 1552486144363__01.jpg (1212x520, 333K)

>Your father is.. He's- That's enough!
Was/is Kamala's father dying/sick?
Batman moment for Kamala?

Anyone have the missing page 20?

You are wrong.
Jewaism is Atonism made by a philosoph
Christianity is Atonism made by a monk
Islam is Atonism made by a warrior

I honestly like this issue more than previous ones.

What's Atonism?

Oh yeah, big improvement over late GWW's Kamala. I hope they do keep this mix of old and new, instead of going full edge or reverting back to baby time.

PURE PAZAAK

Attached: Atton.jpg (499x759, 46K)

Attached: 20.jpg (1988x3056, 2.13M)

Is Kamala going to become Captain Marvel after Carol, like how Carol stole if from someone else, who stole it from Mar-Vell? Will she see that (comic)Carol is a racist sack of shit and ditch the Marvel naming pattern all together?

Highly likely she'll "promote" to Captain in time.

Much appreciated. I didn't even notice there was a missing page until those guys pointed it out, and that was a pretty damn important page.

Nope. Carol as Captain Marvel is too "iconic" now-a-days to get replaced by Kamala. That's like saying Diana losing her Wonder Woman name for someone else. People would lose their shit.

There are a lot of Wonder Girls, like three or four I think? I guess that makes sense.

This just makes it even more horrifying!

Yeah, but people like Kamala more than Carol?

Personally, I don't think these aliens will have anything to do with the story and are just there as a (somewhat-exaggerated) framing device for the narrative, to show that Kamala's name is being known through the galaxy.

I think he doesn't even say anything there.
It's just myth building in an alien civ she gets into contact with.

Who would lose their shit? A brown woman displacing a white woman? The only people that would be upset are males, and predominantly white males at that. Any furor could be ignored by calling them racist incels.
Women wouldn't be able to object, not without looking like hypocrites.
Nobody listens to men about this stuff anymore, they've been handily boxed away and ignored as evil sexist incels.

we're talking about Kamala here, not Chavez, the amount of culture warriors that are going to be angry about this instead of taking the opportunity to go "see? it's not like we hate minorities" is probbly going to be relatively small

Bull, as soon as someone objects the response will be "You just don't like seeing powerful minorities." and the argument is over for anyone who is white. Unless you have a bunch of people of color attacking the change it will happen, because the good progressive white people will shut up and toe the line, while the angry white male incels will be ignored and castigated.
It happens every time, and you know it will go the same way this time.

imo she'll probably get her own proper title at some point separate from the Cap/Ms. Marvel stuff.

i'm not sure you understood my argument
all i'm saying is that the amount of people getting angry about a hwhite woman getting replaced by a muslim is going to be much smaller than usual since Kamala is actually relatively liked

Woah, now that's scary.
But that just cements that they have been abducted and replaced by bad decoys.

Like what?
Rubber Maid?
Khan-Aid?
Capslock? (because she's constantly 'shifting)

We have Blue Marvel, maybe Kamala could be something like Red Marvel, but more creative. As long as she gets out of the Captain/Ms. dynamic. Spectrum was also a hero, their name related to their energy powers, maybe they could do something like that? "Stretch"? "Long-Arm," like "the long arm of the law!"?

Sorry.
Its an egyptian monotism named Aton which seems to be the inspiration for judaism.

Attached: image.jpg (375x600, 113K)

Perhaps something that also incorporates her time-space connection with all her counterparts when she shapeshifts.

In Islam, everything that is and ever will be is already written by God in Al-Lahw Al-Mahfooz.

>Was/is Kamala's father dying/sick?
That's my immediate thought. He doesn't want to see anything bad happen to his girl for as long as he lives.

Whenever the next big Marvel Crossover Event that tries to reset the universe comes along, I hope everyone gets rebooted to college, instead of high school again.

Fuck you, fool.

Attached: 1528483048051.png (608x598, 18K)

Well, it seems like Ahmed is willing to put more effort in her power-applications, at least.

While it is bullshit I do understand the parent's position. They're worried about the risks and rightfully so. All parents are like that

Seems to me that Ahmed knows he can't continue to keep the rest of Kamala's family blind to her secret if he's going to push her to higher threat levels like alien invasions.

I think this is more about her father being sick now.
Can't welllie to a dying man and risk having him see his daughter still die before him.

Well, currently there are two Spider-Men, two Hawkeyes and Lord knows how many Wolverinesrunning around the MARVEL U, so why not two Captains?

Attached: Kamala Khan Avengers; Back To Basics (2018) #6 (of 6).png (1968x2382, 3.85M)

>child
>father
Yup, only aliens would speak like that.

probably

Nah, he'll likely be fine in the end, enough to accept and allow Kamala to continue her superheroics.

I’m kind of on her parent’s side...and i think her dad just got some bad news from a doctor.

>Tell me about The Shepard-er, the Kamala
already a bad start...

I thought Bruno hated her and moved wWakanda?

Yeah, there was been over a dozen issues since that I think

Yeah, but he moved back and they made up. They still aren't romantic, but... it's goin' places.

He got over it, moved back, and apologized.

I don't know what I'd do differently, but it is getting kind of old to see the young hero's parents tell them to stop because of the danger, just to have their minds changed in the end.

I wonder if using this version of Ms.Marvel could have been a better film?

Jesus christ how did they manage to fuck it all up so early, not even two pages in man

Absolutely, just have her be a fan of the Avengers in general, instead of Carol specifically. Carol is the worst character in the Captain Marvel family.

Third, I few more and she'll be like hero Captain Marvel...

Can you really count that first one? Outside of the number reset, absolutely nothing changed.

That's the joke. That's not a "real" relaunch, just like how Carol gets a relaunch any time her sales start to dip.

I agree. The angle is interesting. And there is still space left for her to grow.
Wouldnt it even be more modern having someone, like today teens and adults with social media, youtube and streaming, that is a fan?

How stupid do you have to be to read the issue and not realize that the story is clearly mostly bullshit?
Stop getting triggered so easily

oh my god Kamala you made your parents sad please apologize

Maybe. But he probably doesn’t know that, assuming current tech levels of medicine.
Bruno might have some of that Wakandan cancer cure laying about or something like that. Kamala could get him normally unobtainable resources.
He cannot know that, though.

I'm saying he's not sick at all, just angry that he's being lied to.

Given we have a dozen years passing already, you'd have in-universe teens that grew up after the Avengers appeared, in this new world of heroes and monsters.
If Kamala turns up phase 5 or so she would have grown up with hero posters on her walls, surely. And the Imam would have to deal with neopagan apostasy from some girls melting at the thought of Thor's abs.
Can't happen soon enough. I want a winged sloth plushy.
A Ms. Marvel movie could be a showcase for how much of a cultural impact heroes would have had. From Captain America on WW2 memorials to an Avengers group monument. You'd see merch, hear news of super hero activity and see kids playing heroes with masks and hulk hands.
And I hope we see actual highly professional actors get paid real money to play out a 16yo's shitty fanfic complete with bad dialogue, acting out-of-character and rambling descriptions of unimportant details narrated in Kamala's voice trying to sound sophisticated and profound.

Her parents obviously are trying to tell her something when she runs off, and this being a comic book it's probably not about his dentist appointment but a fatal disease.

Yeah, it's called being parents who don't want to lose their child.

The whole thing was really a reference to how Inhumans historically have poor immune systems. Kamala obviously doesn't get sick often because she's a half-breed, but she REALLY gets sick when she does.

Don't bring your forced Marvel event/team books into this.

Plus there's her mom nearly dying just birthing her. Between the two of them, you can imagine why Dad is not happy at all about Kamala risking her life on a daily basis.

Wait, she is a half breed? I thought the InMutant theory was shit, don't tell me it was canon all along!

Human-Inhuman hybrid, mother's side. Not mutant at all.

This may be controversial but Kamala's books make me think of old (60's-70's) Spider-Man, balancing a normal kid life and superhero, just repackaged for the new millennium, yet the core ideas are ones we can still identify with and work now as they did then. This is why I think I enjoy this book so much, it almost feels like retro-Marvel in a way.

Aren't all Inhumans "part" human? They are "evolved" from humans, and there was a crap ton of interbreeding on both sides. Even "pure" Inhumans need a second dose of Terragin Mist, because the junk Human DNA gets in the way of the Inhuman powers activating. Or, do I just have a massive misunderstanding of Inhuman lore?

No, that's basically it. Kree experimented on Humans to create the Inhumans using gene splicing and the Terrigen Mist activates them. They're essentially Human but unlike mutants, they can go their entire lives without being "activated" (see Karnak).

That's the opposite of controversial. That's what most of her fans like about her. You can always tell when the Ms. Marvel writing team has to step aside to let the Crossover writing team take over.

And the Inhumans have been known to breed with regular humans, leading to those like Kamala and her mom.

Inhumans have long since considered themselves a separate species from normal humans.

Yeah but I mean like, they can live normal lives as humans without ever knowing they are. Meanwhile, mutants get activated at puberty so it's an unavoidable condition for them. Barring the genetic issues that give them poor immunity, that is.

or at least it was

Nah, I think Ahmed and Zub will be playing ball with cross-references unlike GWW. Remember Ahmed is also writing Miles' Spider-Man which makes 2 out of the core 6 team members of the Champions.

I hate crossovers they always boil down to "BUY MARVEL COMICS!" and it gets boring after a while. I would like crossovers, if they weren't advertisements, but I haven't seen one yet.

This arc is being plugged as her "very first" space adventure, disregarding all the other titles where she's been in space or otherwise off-Earth.

I'm with you, I mostly meant references to other books and not outright tie-ins or literal cross-overs.
Fair enough. I think it would help to the general audience to know she's not "alone" in the Marvel universe, as in, she has a lot of friends who depend on her and whatnot beyond New Jersey. But I guess we'll see how Ahmed treats her, maybe he promised GWW he'd keep the book self-contained.

Inhumans were essentially a weapons program by conception and the genetic material is part of the human gene pool now after the initial subjects interbred into humanity. Most theoretical Inhumans are living as normal people unaware of their ancestry as only the Inhuman factions hold Terrigen as the key to activating whatever random effect that material has on you.
The effects are not usually half-way but you either have enough of the genetic material to trigger Terrigenesis, or not.
If the process triggers your survival rate seems to depend on your health and the genetic factor being strong enough to go through properly.
The Terrigen cloud engulfing Earth caused a lot of fatalities from people who were not strong enough to make the transformation for any reason after it triggered.
In the Inhuman communities the process is reglemented and made as safe as the process of triggering a random effect in a person can be. They wouldn't let the old or the sick do it, for example.

>like how Carol stole if from someone else
Every time. Who the fuck did she steal it from, the name wasn't being used since Genis died years earlier.

That's what I said, but they still made me put gradpa's ring back in the coffin.
And after all the trouble digging.

wikipedia.org/wiki/Monica_Rambeau
Google is your friend.

Very first space aventure, in her own comic. Crossovers and teams don't, and never, count. Like how Kamala is the First Muslim Superhero(with her own comic)!

Way back in the kirby days they were so close to humans that when Maximus made a machine to kill non Inhumans it nothing to humans. Then from 80s on when the move to moon the comic narrative started pushing them further and further away from humans. To the point where they act like they are barely related.

Are you an idiot or what?
Wait, don't answer that, I know you are.

I wonder which "har harhar u need 2 do dis thing 4 me or ill tell evey1 ur frind is GAY HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA" villain tier we are gonna get this time

Monica>boring nobodies>Carol
Either learn sarcasm, or get off the internet.

Different writer, so I assume there won't be one. This is the Cool New Edgy Kamala.

That's not sarcasm, it's plain stupidity. She was the one who actually stole the name. Fuck off.

She was given the name by Spider-Man and Ironman, she didn't steal shit. The original Captain Marvel's son even said that she had earned it, but she gave it to them because he is the original's son.

Newfound Monica fans are hilarious with their wikipedia knowledge, it's almost endearing.

Seething.

Attached: 1549808878972.jpg (500x448, 113K)

At tgis point Kamala should just take off mask. Everyone know that she Ms.Marvel, I guess even Shocker knew that.

Disliked some parts in new series, but it was mostly good, finally some serious conflict in her comic. Will see how it'll go.

Best story is still yet to come tho

Attached: 1550714977842.jpg (963x1475, 193K)

Maybe she needs a better mask

Attached: 3da62afcf2ade87ecf7dcf167171220a.jpg (827x965, 91K)

She's an American teenager. Burgers regularly say far worse than "crap" before they're even 10 nowadays.

Peter, give Kamala back her body

>Doc. Ock swaps bodies...again!

So she really does shapeshift her tits, huh. One comic it's A in other it's C+

Attached: 1535247798829.jpg (556x578, 77K)

Kamen Rider Kamala?

Im sorry but I was under the assumption that when character gets relaunched they at least try to make the first few pages enticing( maybe a splash page, or something that isn't shit). Although I will be fair I did enjoy the fact that her actions had consequences in regards to the store and the shit with her parents(it still kinda sucks but not as much as the previous run yet)... so there are you happy now...

I can only imagine what she doing to Pete's body right now.

Attached: 1551755334112.png (500x500, 285K)

>when character gets relaunched they at least try to make the first few pages enticing
That has...never been true?

Attached: 44d.png (1024x505, 329K)

>no hooked nose
It's shit.

She hasn't had that since Alphona got removed from the book.

You heard me. No nose, no Kamala.

Islam started off because Muhammed met catholic monk.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bahira

This is not an edit?

Kamala of Murder

shut up nigger shes pure

I wish it was, TECHNICALLY Kamala has the ability to change her breast size or whatever else she wanted. We need story like this when Kamala is an adult or just to give girls in high school breast envy.

She's not talking about the concept of predestination here. Muslims believe that your good and bad deeds are recorded in books by angels who rest on your shoulders (that's where the idea of a devil and an angel on either shoulder in old cartoons came from).

On the Day of Judgment, God weighs the record of your good deeds against the bad, and you only get into heaven if the good outweighs the bad. You'll be made to account for all of your actions.

What Kamala is saying here that she doesn't want to end her life on a bad deed being recorded in her book.

Only kissed and was anally probed, and all that was done not by him.

>goth guy
He's clearly metal and anyone living in Jersey should know that.

Wilson wanted to turn the book into her Persepolis, completely forgetting that this is a SUPERHERO comic and thus requires actual conflict to function.

In any case, good riddance. With her gone, maybe Kamala can finally do something worth reading beyond whine about how her life isn't fair.

Can you imagine the general groaning if they tried to push Dust instead?
Just her having sand powers would turn progressive voices against Marvel as tone-deaf.
And then some dingbat goes and explains that de_Dust is a CS bomb map.
And then it's "Terrorists Win" while Marvel gets laughed out of the room.

I wish that was me.

>"I was gonna help you clean up"
>Is walking away from it

It depends entirely on the illustrator, even within her own run. It varies between her being drawn almost androgynous with little to no curves, to her being drawn a bit more feminine-cutesy. In Champions she tends to be drawn with more of a feminine figure, with her costume fitting a fair bit tighter (pic related).

It seems like they might be trying to have something in the middle with this version of her? In some shots it looks like generic nose, but in others (eg. ) it looks like there might still be some shape to it?

This kind of attitude is always going to irk me following Champions. I mean, they've even kinda dropped the whole "help with the collateral damage" thing within Champions itself, but it's still gonna seem odd any time Kamala doesn't hang around to deal with the fallout.

Attached: 037.jpg (1988x3056, 2.09M)

>It varies between her being drawn almost androgynous with little to no curves ...
Pic related as an example.

Attached: Ms. Marvel (2015-) 032-010.jpg (1988x3056, 1.78M)

Attached: 1446430467013.png (794x767, 338K)

What?
They kick-started this shit again?

>Kamala's book becoming more serious
I think it's a good thing.

Attached: 1548904768592.jpg (704x554, 92K)

They shifted it over to helping out with the less flashy stuff, which is a good idea, I think.
There is a reason you don't see heroes do the menial shit in comics.
And that is because it's boring. Having a team about that just won't work long-term.
Kamala getting chewed out for making a mess heroing is kinda cute, though.
Means people feel she's approachable enough to talk to like that, her being a town mascot of sorts.

Clothing and push-up, user.
Nothin else.
Honestly.
You just have to believe user!
Who would use superpowers for such mundane things?

It's back to 1 because it has a new writer.

Number wise. We're about the third maybe fourth time counting Champions since that is its own continuity.

>Stark and Danvers whiskey
kek

>They shifted it over to helping out with the less flashy stuff, which is a good idea, I think.
You're right, though I'm not even sure I'd say they "shifted it over" so much as they just immediately dropped the premise after the start of the very first issue. Kamala quits the Avengers because they won't help with collateral damage, but then as soon as the first Champions group is formed they start to focus on "the less flashy stuff". The closest they ever get to dealing with collateral damage (theirs or otherwise) or community building are those few panels where they volunteer to help build homes for the homeless, or when they're sifting through the ruins of Las Vegas after some big disaster, or whatever. The most recent Champions issues had them doing a big battle in a city, and they had to make a point of awkwardly "handing off" the clean-up to the local authorities.

Making the original problem be explicitly about superhero collateral damage just seems to have been a bad decision. They probably should have had Kamala quit the Avengers over some other issue - maybe they refused to help out some "too small" problem because they didn't deem it important enough. As it stands, it means they have to kinda silently side step any collateral damage they cause during any of their battles, or just come up with some excuse to write around it (with the issue bleeding over into the heroes solo runs, hence the discussion).

Yeah, it's kinda awkward, but I won't insist on panels of heroes shovelling dirt.
Got a story to tell here.

I think that's why I like the Zub stuff the best; they're less about fixing collateral damage, and more about helping with small or low-profile jobs. The Weirdworld stuff only came about from a story where they were helping a starving village in Africa or whatever. The relaunch had them fighting that big monster, but also had teams rescuing trafficking victims and stranded workers. Now their world-wide set-up lets them take any kind of job.