Hawkman #010 Storytime

Battle for London continues.

Attached: Hawkman 010-000.jpg (1988x3056, 1.08M)

Other urls found in this thread:

newsarama.com/44187-snyder-teases-summer-event-year-of-villain-and-what-s-next-in-justice-league.html
newsarama.com/43463-behind-hawkman-s-new-origin-as-living-historical-document-of-the-dcu.html
youtube.com/watch?v=NOyGBUxEaPY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Attached: Hawkman 010-001.jpg (3975x3056, 1.92M)

Attached: Hawkman 010-002.jpg (1988x3056, 1.07M)

Attached: Hawkman 010-003.jpg (1988x3056, 1.42M)

Attached: Hawkman 010-004.jpg (1988x3056, 1.5M)

Attached: Hawkman 010-005.jpg (1988x3056, 1.49M)

Attached: Hawkman 010-006.jpg (1988x3056, 1.35M)

Attached: Hawkman 010-007.jpg (1988x3056, 1.46M)

Attached: Hawkman 010-008.jpg (3975x3056, 2.81M)

Attached: Hawkman 010-009.jpg (1988x3056, 1.54M)

Attached: Hawkman 010-010.jpg (1988x3056, 1.51M)

Hitch up to his crazy poses again

Attached: Hawkman 010-011.jpg (1988x3056, 1.24M)

Attached: Hawkman 010-012.jpg (1988x3056, 1.35M)

Attached: Hawkman 010-013.jpg (1988x3056, 1.59M)

Attached: Hawkman 010-014.jpg (1988x3056, 1.67M)

Attached: Hawkman 010-015.jpg (3975x3056, 2.54M)

Attached: Hawkman 010-016.jpg (1988x3056, 1.41M)

Attached: Hawkman 010-017.jpg (1988x3056, 1.56M)

Attached: Hawkman 010-018.jpg (3975x3056, 2.68M)

Attached: Hawkman 010-019.jpg (1988x3056, 1.48M)

Attached: Hawkman 010-020.jpg (1988x3056, 983K)

That's all. Hope you enjoyed this book.

Attached: Hawkman 010-021.jpg (1988x3056, 1.3M)

Thanks for the storytime, Alf user. I'm sure that all six of us Hawkfags really appreciate it.

>Carter calls all his past lives to fight alongside him
Saw this one coming a mile away. Also a big ol' "HA!" to that user I was arguing with last month. There's New 52 Katar in the bottom right and Hawkworld Katar just left of the middle. They ARE different lives. Silver Age Katar's there too. Hawkman has been Katar Hol three times, and for all their stories to be canon, they have to take place on different Earths. Hawkman reincarnates across the multiverse. Come at me.

>I'm sure that all six of us Hawkfags really appreciate it.
We just have to endure untill Black Adam movie. I'm sure if Hawkman won't job to Rock too much he will get a couple of new fans.

The Rock better give Hawkman a People's Elbow or a Rock Bottom in the movie

Are you supporting the series user?

You bet, user.

>this faggot gets his own comic
Fucking kek
the absolute state of DC

Are you aware that Hawkworld Katar and Savage Katar are too separate people too? We argued about this some time ago

Yeah, that's what I said up here. It's what I've been arguing since the beginning. If that wasn't clear, I apologize. Though by separate people you mean separate lives right? Because they're both incarnations of Ktar so they are technically the same person. They're just different parts of the chain.

Thanks user.

Man, there's only six of us?

Hawkman's apparently going to be gaining more relevance for at least a little while. For all the weird shit he's doing with J'onn and Kendra, Snyder seems to really like Hawkman.

>Nrama: OK, let’s back up to something you said about the World Forger. If the Sixth Dimension is associated with the World Forger, then wouldn’t Hawkman be associated with this somehow? After all, he became the Forger’s dragon during Metal.
>Snyder: Yeah, yeah. You’re going to see a big connection to Hawkman really, really soon.
newsarama.com/44187-snyder-teases-summer-event-year-of-villain-and-what-s-next-in-justice-league.html

There's also pic related, which is the new team he's creating in Detective Comics at the end of this month. It'll be great to see Carter and Kendra on panel together again. I admittedly could do without the love triangle bullshit that's inevitably going to come with J'onn's inclusion, but such is life.

I know it's popular to hate on Snyder, but he's rapidly becoming one of DC's golden boys, and if his affinity for the Hawks translates to increased relevance for them, you're hardly going to find me complaining.

Attached: detective-comics-detectives-guild.jpg (738x1134, 197K)

MANY HAWK.

Can someone get Ralph a new costume?

As much as Metal was kind of off, the lore for Hawkman was pretty sick

Are the Hawks the only decently major DC property where the Golden Age versions ended up reasserting and supplanting the Silver Age versions?

plus me, who doesn't like Hawkman but likes Hitch's art

>SKREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Sorry, couldn't hear you.

hawkbump

Thank you

Probably. Though it wasn't irreversible until now.

hope the secret book Hitch is working on isn't Batman with Ellis

Guess this confirms that he's not Hath-Set. Though is Hath-Set even still a thing? With the Nth Metal-based reincarnation origin out the window, there's no reason Hath-Set should still be reincarnating with them, right?

A lot of people complain about Hitch's art, I'm not one of them. But why do you like it?

He used thier blood as a means of reincarnating, the strange properties of Nth Metal are what let Hath Set reincarnate and posses knowledge of Khufu and Chay-Ara's lives.

In short it dosent change anything really.

Unfortunately. But we are the six comic readers with exceptionally good taste.
I wasn't much of a Hawkman fan (although I appreciate the Golden Age stories) until this run. I really like the Indiana Jones as a superhero approach.

How were you reading Golden Age Hawkman?

I love beefy hairy Hawkman

It'd be a sin for any chiseled male hero who goes around shirtless not to have body hair.

If they ever include Hawkman in Injustice series as a playable character, then this should be his ultimate move. Literally every single past incarnation of Hawkman summoned to beat the shit out of the person he's using this move against.

all those Hawkmen, all those hamboigahs

He reincarnated across both space and time. Even lived as multiple people in the same space.

Plus he can revive dead earth hawks like Earth 1.

that's cool that Snyder had given Hawkman a boost

I wish DC didn't hate Hawkman and Hawkgirl together so much but I guess that's true for most of their "big" couples (but it is annoying that they'll give Kendra other love interests while Carter never gets one)

Yeah I think it was more of necessity simply because their history was somewhat less of a clusterfuck than the Thanagarian Hawk's became after they decided Hawkworld was in the present. Also because it is frankly a more unique angle to work with.

Awesome. Thanks, OP, I'm loving this series.

>I wish DC didn't hate Hawkman and Hawkgirl together so much
I don't think they do. I think this is mostly just drama. Not totally sure what's going on with J'onn and Kendra, but if the intent was for her to ultimately end up with him, you'd think she and Carter could shut up about each other for ten seconds. Hell, immediately after laying one of J'onn, Kendra backs up and rants about how she's spent all her lives with Carter. That's...not really what you do when setting up a romance between two characters.

bump

Reprints.

Hawkbump.

Fuck it, I'll say it - Hawkman and Madame Xanadu should get together

That's the page you noticed? Not this one that screams romance fodder? I'm still not buying it as their other interactions seem pretty firmly on the friendship side, but I'll admit that setup has me suspicious. Do we really live in a fucking timeline where we have three Hawks and all of them are being set up with other people?

Attached: angry dog noises.png (843x517, 368K)

Ultimates was the first American superhero comics I read, his style is just widescale and epic, his storytelling is top notch and the best of his generation besides maybe Immonen, action flows so well
there might be people who put out a prettier product but not as exciting

All I see on that page is confirmation that Hawkman's one true love is Mace-chan.

What is this shirtless comic haha so gay it's so funny because gay

Not six, seven. I am here. We Hawkfags need to reunite.

Attached: 1435408297703.png (346x297, 171K)

I love him for the same reasons man, his work is like stuff out of a movie - lots of double page spreads, sequential action scenes and attention to landscapes and scale.
Thanagar's got nothing on Reincarnation, Hawkworld is awesome, but there's only so much you can do.
> DC makes game about superheroes fighting eachother.
> Doesn't include the one guy who's known for fighting and being a warrior

Imagine a Hawkman game In the style of God Of War, especially with the new Mace call back ability.

Imagine fighting hordes of Wingors, Feitherans and Manhawks. Imagine the landscapes and locations.

That's be suck wouldn't it? But how would flight work?

Attached: Hawkman01_CVR_5aa86f9581a632.45727071 (1).jpg (757x1200, 478K)

Indeed, Hawkfags, take to the skies! To exploration, and discovery! Onward and upwards!

Attached: 1550761746097.jpg (449x604, 122K)

>But how would flight work?
I know a lot of games featuring characters that should reasonably be able to fly can't because of the huge risk it poses to sequence breaking. If it was flying through caverns or something it'd probably be okay, but in an open world with natural barriers like cliffs and rivers in place to prevent sequence breaking and going out of bounds, the ability to fly could create major problems for the devs.

I can't imagine Hawkman not being able to fly, but I also don't know if an open world adventure game with a flying main character is feasible. At least not without super gimmicky restraints and a ton of invisible walls in place.

>Do we really live in a fucking timeline where we have three Hawks and all of them are being set up with other people?
DC continues to be run by manchildren who can't stand seeing stable relationships in their comics.
Now that Aquaman is slowly regaining status, I'm counting down the days for the inevitable forced relationship meltdown between Arthur and Mera.

>I don't think they do.
They've only been together once or twice in like, thirty years

I loved their relationship in Hawkworld and that was mostly platonic, but we can't even get that these days

Although, IAWTC

>I loved their relationship in Hawkworld and that was mostly platonic
D-Did we read the same Hawkworld?

>They've only been together once or twice in like, thirty years
The relationship between the Space Hawks has been totally jettisoned by this point, I agree with you there. And it's a fucking shame because they were the best. The Earth Hawks do still get paired a lot, though.

Attached: Hawkworld_28_14.jpg (969x1515, 611K)

Attached: Hawkworld_28_15.jpg (976x1518, 543K)

Fuck, I love Hawkworld. Katar a cute.

Attached: Hawkworld_18_10.jpg (971x1514, 473K)

Can someone explain Hawkman to me? I’m still confused af.

Hawkman was once K'tar, leader of a group of maniacal warmongers known as the Deathbringers; responsible for the genocide of millions of worlds. The Deathbringers serve an abstract being known as The Lord Beyond The Void, who feeds on these deaths; and is close to entering our dimension.

Through an act if love and regret, he was convinced by one of his victims to end his slaughter. Upon his death K'tar arrives in purgatory, where God gives him the iption of either going to hell, or a cycle reincarnation until he saves as many lives as he has taken.

Reincarnating through Time and Space, he has lived countless lives on Earth, as a pharoah, a knight, a cowboy and much more. In space he has lead lives a such as Catar-Ol on Krypton, or Katar Hol on Thanagar.

Armed with the knowledge of a millenia's worth of knowledge in combat, languages and history, he fights evil in the present wuth the weapons of the past; he is Carter Hall, archaeologist and research scientist - but he is also Hawkman, The Winged Wonder.

Check out Geoff Johns' run of Hawkman, for emphasis on his earth lives and relationship with Hawkgirl; as well as JSA.

See Hawkworld for an awesome, thought-provoking story featuring Katar Hol.

Read the current series for a focus on his origins, and the Deathbringers as he battles then to save Earth

Attached: D1I_wKiW0AErk4_.jpg (900x900, 206K)

>Through an act if love and regret, he was convinced by one of his victims to end his slaughter.
I'm pretty sure the redheaded woman was implied to be a spirit or something rather than one of his victims. The framing of the judgement scene even led to the implication that she may have been the voice that gave him the ultimatum of whether or not to seek atonement. Based on what we know about Kendra now, the idea that the redheaded woman was some higher power has a fair bit of support behind it.

So why does Shiera get reincarnated with him?

We don't know.

Are they destined to be lovers in every reincarnation?

So far that seems to be the case

Maybe? Carter and Kendra have both stated that they've spent all their past lives together so there must be some intrinsic connection between them. But without knowing why Hawkgirl is reincarnating, it's hard to say what that could be.

This arc has been good, if a little long

But you know the next one has gotta be about the red haired woman and I have never been more ready for anything in my life

Is Kendra Shiera or a different person entirely?

Bad news: I'm pretty sure I remember reading an interview where Venditti stated that the story on the redheaded woman was quite a while off. I'll try to find the interview.

Simple answer: Yes, Kendra is a reincarnation of Shiera.

Complicated answer in case you're wondering why there are two Hawkgirls running around: When Shiera died, her soul was split in two. One half became Kendra and the other half became Shayera. Shayera's half was removed and returned to Kendra which made her a true reincarnation of Shiera. Shayera's still around but she's now her own person and is totally disconnected from the other Hawks.

Found it. Not as definitive as I remember, but his wording definitely implies that this was a seed that won't be brought back until way later.

>Nrama: Something else that we saw during the origin story, as he was leading the Deathbringers, was this red-haired woman that looks an awful lot like someone from Hawkman’s continuity. Will we learn about that Shayera-looking woman and why she showed up then?
>Venditti: There are definitely plans there.
>First and foremost, this series is about high adventure and mystery and discovery and exploration, so every time we reveal something, we want to plant some new mysteries so that it keeps that energy in the series going forward. It keeps Carter Hall going forward, wanting to learn these new secrets.
>So yes, there is a plan for all those elements. And anybody who’s followed me throughout my career - X-O Manowar, Green Lantern, any of those kinds of thing - you can always go back and read even my longer 50-issue run and see things that were in the first issue that come around in issue #50. I really plan these things out in advance.
>We’ve been doing that throughout Hawkman. Now, how much of it we get to tell is up to the readers and things like that. But there definitely are plans there. There’s nothing that we did in that issue that was by accident.

Source: newsarama.com/43463-behind-hawkman-s-new-origin-as-living-historical-document-of-the-dcu.html

not if Martian Cock has a say in it.

Fucking shit, man

Venditti needs to stop pretending he isn't gonna get cancelled

Hawkman is not Hal Jordan, there's no steady numbers to count on

Is Hawkman doing that bad?

Last issue was barely above 20k

underrated

Attached: 1407981907515.jpg (292x257, 34K)

Bump.

Feels a bit of an asspull.

wat

It needs to be like Drakengard, tons of open world aerial battles, but a lot of the actual nitty gritty adventure and story shit taking place in enclosed spaces where you can't fly much.

Okay so Silver Age Katar, Hawkworld Katar, Savage Katar all happened (and by extension 3 Shayera's?)

Yeah It's solicited past #12 so it's not getting killed there like a lot of other books get but I don't see it lasting longer than say New Super-Man unless some higher ups protect's it like Didio did Jonah Hex for years pre-Flashpoint. It sucks cause this run has been great but for lower b-list character like Hawkman to maintain a run you need a big name writer. I do feel it'd be selling better if it was bi-weekly cause it kinda feels written for that kind of pacing, I guess Venditti got used to that style of writing after a few years on bi-weekly Green Lantern.

Yep.

Thank you, Alf

I could see that. Though while we're on the topic of this theoretical game, I think it could be cool if it had a sort of co-op element between the two Hawks. Not necessarily a true 2-player since no one plays 2-player adventure games, but a game where you control one Hawk at a time but could freely switch between them to accomplish different tasks. Did you ever play that old Legend of Spyro series? The third one is what I immediately thought of when you mentioned a Hawkman game. The game itself wasn't very good, but it had some fun ideas. So something like this, but with better execution and less whimsy:

youtube.com/watch?v=NOyGBUxEaPY

If the Hawkman movie materializes, there will inevitably be a shitty cashgrab tie-in game to go along with it. I suppose we'll see how they handle everything then. Keep expectations low.

Venditti's pacing is horrible. I've seen several people say that they're dropping the book because it isn't going anywhere. I can't even blame them. It's unbelievable that we're still on the same arc almost a year later. Best case scenario is that Hawkman survives long enough to get a few event crossover issues, and those bring in enough new, permanent readers to keep the title above water. Though unless Venditti gets his ass in gear, he's just going to hemorrhage them all over again.

With Hawkgirl being a main character over in Justice League, she kind of needs her origin defined. I guess that's going to have to happen over there because Venditti's never going to get to it before his book gets canned. Though, in hindsight, maybe that's why Venditti isn't touching that yet. Hawkgirl's origin obviously goes further back than Hawkman's first meeting with the red-haired woman. So it could be that her origin is part of the plot in JL and Venditti needs to wait until it's covered before he can expound upon the connection between the two. Remind me again why they aren't in the same book?

They're not on the same book because Snyder wants to cash in on JLU nostalgia, but didn't have the brain to use Shayera, (who, mind you; is single after Katar's demise).

Kendra's only purpose is to cause relationship drama, hell; Power Girl even said it.

Attached: RCO014 (1).jpg (1600x1230, 688K)

you are for a long read

Attached: Hawkman history.png (1336x2272, 311K)

Its the same reason why DickBabs wont ever come together man. DRAMA. DC will keep dangling these ships in front of us so we buy more books. Never follow through it and then relaunch or reboot the entire thing before teasing us again.

>They're not on the same book because Snyder wants to cash in on JLU nostalgia, but didn't have the brain to use Shayera, (who, mind you; is single after Katar's demise).
That's the weird thing. He IS using Shayera, and he's using her for exactly what you suggested. She was dead. He retconned that, brought her back in full DCAU attire, and he's already laid the groundwork to pair her with someone. (Read: John) That's what makes this so damn confusing. He's got Shayera. He's just using Kendra in addition to her, and apparently Carter isn't allowed anywhere near. I don't get it.

I meant the good part of Hawkworld, not the weird shit towards the end

I can't hear you over the sound of my beautiful ship.

Attached: pretend this is still hawkworld and not the piece of shit series that followed.jpg (1024x1575, 390K)