MCU

When did you stopped watching?

Attached: em-cee-u.jpg (1000x495, 142K)

Last one I watched in theaters was Doctor Strange. The rest I've watched on my PC. Black Panther I fast-forwarded through. Captain Marvel, I'll do the same. After Endgame, I'll only check out maybe Black Widow. I see no reason to continue.

I haven't. Though I am probably going to quit after Endgame

Attached: 1403206876792.jpg (534x629, 77K)

Stopped watching them in the theater after The Avengers

have seen some of the later ones on TV or when a friend put on a DVD

Thor Ragnarok. The endlessly quippy/jokey tone where they couldn't commit to a shred of drama or tension so much as ONCE in the film was so tremendously obnoxious, I couldn't stand it. The jokes even got predictable because you acclimated to their rhythm. Oh, Thor is giving a dramatic speech about saving Asgard? Bet he's gonna slip on a banana peel at the last second to undercut the tension! Oh, Banner is giving a dramatic speech about turning into the Hulk? Bet he's gonna do something slapstick and SILLY at the last second to undercut the tension!

And apparently that's the tone Marvel has decided to run with in all their movies from now on, given what I've been hearing about the origin of Fury's missing eye in Captain Marvel. Oh, Fury made a dramatic speech about losing his eye when he trusted someone and let them get too close? I bet it's gonna turn out to be a scratch from a kitty cat to undercut the tension! LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Ant-Man and the Wasp

That shitheap was the last straw for me.

I haven't. 2/3 MCU movies come out a year, it's not a big deal going out to watch them, I don't need to dedicate every breathing moment to them, it's just a few movies a year of a franchise that I've been keeping up with, it's not some contract I've signed

well this user just saved me a post

Based

>watching Infinity War on PC

That's doing disservice to the film. It looked pretty balls to the wall on IMAX.

This but replace Thor Ragnarok with Iron Man 3

never started watching

DCHAD FOR LIFE

ill quit after endgame. i havent seen cap marvel yet and i have no interest in watching it

based. us DCHADs gotta stick together

All except Hulk, don't consider that part of the continuity and I'm never gonna watch it
You're missing out, imagine DC movies being the only superhero movies you watch

Is it fun watching all your actors quit and everything from the last 4 years be completely ignored?

>Yea Forumsmrades pretending they stopped watching the MCU as if we don't watch literally every adaptation, if only to properly bitch about it
this thread is embarrassing

Dude, true DChads watch mcu movies obsessively to properly dismiss them as inferior

>Thor Ragnarok. The endlessly quippy/jokey tone where they couldn't commit to a shred of drama or tension so much as ONCE in the film was so tremendously obnoxious, I couldn't stand it.

Ragnarok was a case of a director watching Guardians of the Galaxy and Whedon's Avengers movies and thinking "I want to do THAT" but not having any fundamental understanding of the balancing act that (arguably) made them work. When Quill needed to lament the death of his mother and his cowardess in the face of it, Gunn knew to shut up with the quips and kill the humor. When Natasha needed to confess to Banner that her womb was fucked and she could never have a kid, even Joss Fucking Whedon knew not to throw in oneliners and slapstick and let the scene breathe.

The hack that did Ragnorak just watched those MCU movies and thought "QUIPS! SLAPSTICK! LICENSED CLASSIC ROCK MUSIC! THAT'S WHAT MAKES THESE MOVIES GOOD!" and we got something that felt like an Asylum direct to DVD knock off but with a bigger budget. Terrible.

Ragnarok

Never since I'm not a tryhard contrarian. See you when Endgame makes 3B.

This. I mean how will we truly appreciate the genius of Ava DuVernay's New Gods if we don't see random indie director's The Eternals

The only REAL answer here

The rest of you fucking morons can fuck off back to Yea Forums

I'm gonna quit after Captain Marvel, SJW shit!!!Oh Endgame is next huh, we have to watch that! Even though I'm admitting to not watching CM I still have to watch Endgame because I can't contain my dick!
Oh is that gylenhaal as mysterio? hmm...I'm gonna quit after Spider-Man: FFH! Woah a Doom movie? Guess I'll check that out...then quit!

>Not watching every fucking movie they churn out is being a contrarian now
That level of brainwash is a Disney exec's wet dream

ultron, and im glad i did

>can’t admit being a contrarian shitlord
>YOU MUST BE A PAID DISNEY SHILL!! MOM! WHERE ARE MY TOTINOS PIZZA ROLLS?

Nah bro, as you say shills get paid. You do it for free

And yet Ragnarok was easily a better movie than Age of Ultron or Darkworld. A movie with no drama is better than a movie that has bad drama.

>And yet Ragnarok was easily a better movie than Age of Ultron or Darkworld.
>a turd is better than shit

YA GOT ME THERE!

except it wasn't a Thor movie it was just Guardians 1.5

Why didn't you stop watching when the even worse movies came out before it then?

The 1st Guardians of the Galaxy was the last one I saw in theaters, mostly because after that one I ran into some money issues and couldn’t really afford to go to the movies. But now the movies just seem like if you miss one you can get completely lost so I actively avoid them unless they are on Netflix or we’re really cheap on black friday

>stop
Don't know the meaning of the word. Saw Carol on Sunday.

I was going to post something insulting at the Death to Disney crowd, but I think it's appropriate that you all just squat here in this thread and hiss at one another.
Fight the power user, you go!

>imagine DC movies being the only superhero movies you watch
It'd certainly explain being a self-professed DChad.

Is not watching all of them what OP described?

why don't we get these threads for the DCCU all the time? weird. its almost like this board has a bias.
right?
>durhur, we don't care bout the MCU anymore
>durhur, let's talk about the MCU 24/7

This board is such a cesspool.

Everyone here does it for free, retard. You honestly think people are getting paid real money to come here? Bhahahahahahahahahaha

I liked ang Lee hulk a lot better than 2008 but I don't really know how to explain why.

You guys are alright.

Don't come to school tomorrow.

*Proceeds to shoot up Marvel HQ*

I probably never will. Not many science fantasy movies out there beyond the MCU, Star Wars, DC, Star Trek and some lesser know stuff like Battle Angel or Edge of Tomorrow.

Attached: Strange and Thanos duel with magic.png (1199x491, 1.05M)

>You honestly think people are getting paid real money to come here?
Never underestimate how delusional the anti-Disney crowd can get.

Avengers: Infinity. I just didn't care for it. Walked out of the theater thinking "well that was dogshit" and a rewatch on Netflix didn't change my opinion at all.

Iron Man 2

I think the last i saw in theaters was the first avengers?
Ive never been a staunch fan or staunch hater, ive seen a few of them at home past that
Gaurdians 2 and Ragnarok were the last ones i remeber watching at home, Ive just kind of grown tired of most hero movies in general to keep up with them

The first Avengers movie. Figured I'd stop before they ran it into the ground.

The first Avengers movie. Didn't really feel like further investing myself after Disney announced how many more fucking movies were gonna be made after that was a success.

All the serious ones, Captain america 1 through 3, black panther, avengers, doctor strange.

These are films about adult men with super powers dressed in tights fighting bad guys there's no need for most of them to be grim dark or serious.

Thor Ragnarok was the best film marvels done in ages bright, colorful, silly with nice big splash page style visuals.

we need to stop treating most of these films as big serious adult films and treat them like what they are, goofy kids films.

BASED AND DCPILLED

Ragnarok was a far better movie than either of GotG, which were just Gunn's Firefly fanfics trying to do both humour and serious stuff (and failing miserably at both).
At least Thor 3 was dedicated to being an actual comedy and didn't even bother trying to hide it. Also, that movie had a way more consistent tone than either of GotG.
Guardians on the other hand is the most overrated part of the MCU. People who bitch about AoU quips, while defending god-awful Vol. 2 "jokes" are just beyond me.

Last year. I just decided "fuck this cancerous shit" and haven't willingly watched any of these movies since. And not just Marvel, any capeshit movie from any company.

Am I an autist?

Jessica Jones made me lose interest in the Netflix shows. Does that count?

Last one I watched was Ragnarok. It was an insult to the whole Thor mythos.

>Thor forgives Loki for causing Odin's death
>Nearly everything is treated like a joke
>Even Asgard's destruction

Haven't seen Black Panther or Captain Marvel or the third Avengers, or the Spider-Man one. was very disappointed by Thor 3 and its nonstop quips approach.

I'm gonna see it through to Endgame, after that the MCU is over as far as I'm concerned.

Yeah

I just don't see movies if the enter marketing campaign is themed around "fuck cisgendered heterosexual white males" because why would I give my money to a product that goes out of its way to insult me? It's my money, I don't HAVE to spend it on things I don't want to, so I can decide on a case by case basis what I do with it. I wouldn't expect black people to go see a movie with the market "Fuck niggers, amirite?" or gay people to go see a movie with the tagline "Electro Shock Therapy Cures the Mental Illness of Homosexuals". So I'm not sure why I'd be expected to spend money on something that says "cisgendered heterosexual white males are a cancer and should all be executed".

It's your money, dude. No one's forcing you to go see Captain Marvel or Episode IX. Or me, for that matter. So I spent it on other stuff, instead.

After Guardians of the Galaxy 2 I stopped going to the movie theater to see them.
I would just wait a long time for them to show up on Netflix.

Spider-man Homecoming was the only one that I felt a little bad about dismissing outright because I thought it was a really solid film.

Your based

Attached: c6b.png (1000x1000, 177K)

MCU has become an hilarious trainwreck, in a couple years they'll be shitting out the whole new female only avengers.
this shit is gonna age as badly as 70s flower power movies, that's what happens when you make movies for a movement that wont last much longer.

>So I'm not sure why I'd be expected to spend money on something that says "cisgendered heterosexual white males are a cancer and should all be executed".

Name one movie that deliberately does this and not something you assume it's doing by not having a white male as the main character or having a bunch of idiot journalist writing article about diversity.

>le hollywood cape movie
>strong woman who dont need no man! no smiles!
>le white male insult
>le quip, le quip, le male quip! la la le quip!
>le dance to 80s music, buy our tickets!
>no smile, no smile, just strong woman, and quip!
>the world is doomed.. le quip!

Doctor Strange

After Black Widow 3

Easy Mode.

Attached: Untitled.jpg (789x684, 113K)

>fuck cisgendered heterosexual white males
That's never been a thing.

But that's not true. user, stop pushing /pol/ propaganda.

Attached: Facts from pol.jpg (1328x854, 283K)

pol tier autism

imagine being this insecure

Yeah bro. Just give your money to Disney and let them laugh at you. What are you, an incel? Just give them your money, don't be a dumbass.

>spending your money on media you don't want to because you're afraid people might call you a bigot if you don't

Sad.

wow that's entirely new levels of insecurity. Have you considered posting these revelations to reddit ?

Implying i dont want to watch captain marvel.

Look bro it's cool if you don't want to watch it, it's even cool if you somehow feel personally offended and hurt over Brie Larson commenting on the monochromatic reviewers of an entirely different film whose target audience was pretty much small black girls.

but other people don't have to get butthurt just because you did.

>Consume media
>Do not question media
>Anticipate next media
>Consume media
>Do not question media
>Anticipate next media

now is that really any worse than getting offended over a totally unrelated issue and crying about a children's film because you weren't the target audience ?

It's kinda like crying because justin bibeber didn't sing songs that resonate with your life experience, not everything is about you mate maybe you could be a tad less childish and upset.

>taking the opinion of the actress that has been paraphrased by some shitty online journalist

I specifically said not to do that. Also; thinking that the personal opinions of the actress constitutes whats in the actual movie is just dumb

Nigga you can not watch shitty movies but also not for bullshit imagined socio-political reasons. Getting ass blasted over identity politics goes both ways

>I specifically said not to provide evidence that supports your point and counters my own

Oh shit dude, I'm sorry!

>Get Offended
>Cry
>Get Offended
>Cry
>Repeat
>It's so hard being a white man these days

you don't seem to understand what the word support means or counter for that matter

Because that did neither of things

Don't you losers have to go harrass one of the few directors you have for a three second song used in a trailer?

We don't make threads about DC because we know everyone quit after MARTHAAAAA

>not everything is about you mate
>tfw you're able to recognize things clearly not targeted towards you, not be bothered by that, relish the possibility of someone enjoying it the way you enjoyed things that were, and still enjoy it it your own way.

Attached: 1497560118172.jpg (400x570, 37K)

Civil War.

WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME?!

Attached: Batman's face when he is taking a shit.jpg (960x720, 62K)

Are you genuinely trying to brag about being an adult?

Congratulations.

You have an about average ability to moderately function in normal society.

This

God it was shit

Didn't really stopped, but I skipped GotG2, Ant Man 2 and Captain Marvel.

>we need to stop treating most of these films as big serious adult films and treat them like what they are, goofy kids films.
They do not need to be silly and goofy all the time or kill every tense or dramatic moment with quips. Even movies directly aimed at kids can do that.

Not precisely. If you're the user who I replied to, I was just agreeing with you. I'm not the user you were speaking with previously.
FWIW though, an above average ability to moderately function in normal society is an accomplishment around these parts.

not necessarily all the time and certain characters lend themselves to more serious styles but your average comic book hero film shouldn't be the big, drab, blue tinged, poe face, drag a lot of the marvel films became and should be treated more like Ragnarok with some colour and style

Right before thor 2, but still watched the avengers movies in theatres. The rest were pirated, if watched at all.

>the only successful DC flick not only had Aquaman going "I could have peed on it :DD" but also had a guy diving head first into a toilet for water
They decided to ape MCU quipping and went for fucking poopoo peepee jokes. And you sad fuckers lapped it up.

>a spy is deceitful about events to make himself look more dangerous and tough

Fury lying and saying something he thinks the person needs to hear? That's just out of character writing!

>Oh, Thor is giving a dramatic speech about saving Asgard? Bet he's gonna slip on a banana peel at the last second to undercut the tension!
Did this really happened?

Ragnarok ruined Thor.

Oh yes totally

Haven’t you seen the memes? It’s epic for the win, gamer!

I watched infinity war but hadn’t seen anything since Dr Strange.

I still watch them, but I pirate every single one so I don't have to give them my money

Ragnarok was a good comedy movie, but it wasn't Thor movie. There was no Thor in it, only Chris Hemsworth being himself while wearing cosplay armor.

Only ones I haven't seen are Antman Wasp and Captain Marvel. I'm pretty much at the point where once I've seen Endgame I'll feel good about stopping. You can do the same kind of thing for so long before it gets boring.

Dr Strange. Only watched Infinity War years later. Don't care about Endgame or anything else, IW was very average schlock.

I'm stopping after Far From Home since that's the real end of Phase 3. They've gotta put out something actually unique after that, but I'm not holding my breath.

I've liked the MCU for the most part. It's had some really good movies and then you have bullshit like Thor: The Dark World, but Endgame should be the end for a couple of years.

At Black Panther, when we all learned marvel was going to start pushing progressive BS in their movies.

Check out this insecure loser

>gamer
I should of known it was Dkek lies

No.

The love you guys have for one another will never die. You’ll always turn each other on long after everyone else is bored with you both (long ago).
Love will keep you together.

>You scared me COLONIZUH
Why do black people pretend they were the only ones who were conquered and enslaved?

Probably never but I'm skipping Captain Marvel.

Started watching seriously since Avengers nad havent stopped since. That said i didn't watch some like Ant-Man 1, 2 and Doctor Strange. After Endgame that will probably be it for me unless Tony somehow survives. Of course, I'll keep watching every Spider-Man and Doctor Strange film and whenever they get together in Avengers 5, 6, 12 oh and also Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol.3

Attached: Iron Man Vs Thanos.webm (960x402, 3M)

>Did this really happened?
Yes, but not a banana peel (duh). He threw a basket ball at a window after giving his speech, then it bounced back and hit him in the face.

The audience clapped.

Homecoming was buttfucking retarded, that's where I checked out

Thor 2, everyone in it was as played as a jackass.

I haven't even started. Last superhero movie I remember seeing wasn't even DC or Marvel it was that shitty Will Smith movie.

>monochromatic reviewers
Thats not the probem she wants pocs of review it.

>implying

Was in the middle of rewatching of Guardians of the Galaxy when it was in theaters. I just had a satori moment and realized I simply do not care about capeshit movies anymore. Done.

>IM 1
>Cap 1
>Thor 1
>Avengers
>IM2
>Avengers 2
The MCU wore out on me almost immediately

And redpilled

>I don't want too many people of a certain skin color to watch my movies or express opinions about them!

It's okay, everyone! She was talking about white people!

This scene has good symbolism.

>being this butthurt

Didn't fully stop, but by Spider-Man and Ragnarok I already didn't bother, they're obviously not trying to stay true to the (good) comics anyway. Went to Black Panther because I'm a huge fan, but it was a disappointment.

>The audience clapped
What's wrong with people? It's just like Idiocracy.

>that webm
I didn't watch Infinity War. Is movie Thanos that weak?

His power levels make no sense throughout the movie. In one scene, he uses his gauntlet to bend reality and turn people into paper. The next scene, he lets people punch him and it hurts. In one scene, he takes the Hulk on hand-to-hand and shrugs off all his blows and beats him without trying. In the next scene, punches from Iron Man hurt him. In one scene, he uses his gauntlet to break a moon into chunks and cast meteors down on the Avengers. In the next scene, punches from Spider-Man hurt him.

They didn't put a lot of thought into how strong Thanos should be.

>In one scene, he takes the Hulk on hand-to-hand and shrugs off all his blows and beats him without trying.
Didn't he activate the Power gem for that?

You're fortunate for having enjoyed it.

After Civil War.
Wasn't ever really due to MCU, but between Ep VII and Bat V Supes, I think something broke within me.
And I also had some financial troubles at the time, so after Apocalypse rolled in, I had to make a choice if I like food THAT much, and I decided that I don't really care about these movies anymore.

>Didn't he activate the Power gem for that?
Funny how he didn't activate the power gem to fend off Spider-Man, Star Lord and Iron Man when they were punching him.

>Of course, the only way to PROVE you aren't an insecure little manbabby virgin is to give Disney your money. You aren't an insecure little manbabby virgin ARE YOU?

Attached: D1fvsFlWoAEIpM7.jpg (1916x945, 238K)

>

Attached: 1478173160380.jpg (708x632, 78K)

>they browse MCU threads

Ofc they would, there is nothing else for them to do other than doing the good old fox and grapes act.

Oh well, that's the reason everyone calls you DCucks after all.

MCU Thor was a dull and forgettable character before Ragnarok. That movie actually revitalized him. And it gave way to IW Thor, which is the closest we had to a good Thor.

Attached: Screenshot_20190313-120223_Chrome.jpg (1076x1186, 326K)

I haven't started.

Attached: as_rance6-01.jpg (328x328, 24K)

Literally not what was said

Or the real option prove you're a real man by crying online about it, like a confident alpha male would.

After Iron Man 3.

Avengers: Age of Ultron

Come on, now. I'm not one to defend the MCU, but if you're gonna use the Power gem, you use it for the fucking Hulk or Thor.

I haven’t but think I might after endgame
Also a little of topic, I also feel like the eventual super hero genre crash/decline (same thing that happened to the western and musical genres) won’t come about until after endgame

>Batman is about to murder an innocent person
>remembers his innocent mother being murdered
>realizes he's turning into a monster (callback to his nightmare scene)
>"Martha won't die tonight" ie: I won't let your life be ruined like mine was
It was a good scene.

I already heard this argument before
>Thor was dull, turning him into a buffon made the character good

Attached: 1467041049096.gif (355x225, 1.5M)

We are just saying the movie is shit and politicized. Don't be triggered about it.

Having both of them scream about Martha was definitely the best way to deliver that storyline point.

The lack of reading comprehension is astounding in this tweet. Par for the course with companyfags

I agree, but it's not worth it. It's never been worth it. Nothing good comes from relitigating BvS.

Attached: 1390103861388.jpg (410x190, 27K)

It’s how MCUfags justify all their tentpole characters essentially having the same personality

>We are just saying the movie is shit and politicized. Don't be triggered about it.
He's just telling us Cis White Males to do the same thing that Brie told us to do: Do not express any opinion about Captain Marvel.

Do as you're told.

If Thor isn't a buffoon then he's an insult to my ancestor's religion.

Will stop actively watching MCU movies after Endgame. Then it's only Spider-Man for me.

I will stop watching after endgame, no reason to see if we are gonna get more Plank "I'M ACTING" Larson.

Age of Ultron was my last in a row, after that Dr Strange only.

>I just don't see movies if the enter marketing campaign is themed around "fuck cisgendered heterosexual white males"
Has that really been a thing? I tend to just ignore/avoid advertisement stuff, so I wouldn't know.(I maybe watch one trailer before a movie comes out and that's usually all I see of it before release.)

>Has that really been a thing?
See The cast was straight up saying that they didn't want white males to see the movie or express opinions about the movie.

That looks like a headline the writer came up with. No quote no link?

desu I am pretty sjw, but I am already getting bored of the mcu. I actually might not watch captain marvel, because I am worried it will just be a feature length trailer for endgame (which I definately won't be watching.

Is he supposed to know who Hulk and Thor are?
What about when he was getting his ass kicked by multiple Avengers?

>Is he supposed to know who Hulk and Thor are?
>What about when he was getting his ass kicked by multiple Avengers?
Good questions. I assume he watched Avengers 1, since it was his army invading at the time. I don't recall when they were kicking his ass because it's been a while since I watched it.

Why is everyone acting like watching MCU movies is a contract you're part of? Watch some, skip some, like some, dislike some, they're just movies you watch once or twice a year when a new one comes out, you dedicate hardly any of your time to them

All the army that invaded New York died. He had no way to know who Hulk is.
>I don't recall when they were kicking his ass because it's been a while since I watched it.
There's a scene where multiple characters tag-team against him.

>The cast was straight up saying that they didn't want white males to see the movie or express opinions about the movie.
sauce?

oof

oof, so cfringe, glad you guys don't make movies

I stopped caring at around Doctor Strange and have only seen IW since then. I'll stop completely after Endgame but I'm sure it will still be huge

I've been watching them since Iron Man 1 came out back in 2008, I even went to see Norton's Hulk to the theater. I'm not stopping now

But I still haven't seen Iron Man 2 or Captain Marvel, everything else I've seen it, and I'm gonna go first day to see Endgame and then first day to see Far From Home

Doc Strange. Was just too turned off on how it was Iron Man with magic paint job.

after black panther, i was fucking done with this bullshit.

Last one I saw was Civil War. Just kinda over it yknow? I just don’t care anymore. I love comic books but man I can’t bring myself to care anymore about the movies. I watched Aquaman because the idea of aquaman getting his own movie is a novelty, it was about on par with the rest of the MCU, production value was pretty good tho. Haven’t seen any DC movie since BvS because that was absolutely atrocious.