Is it true that Green Lanterns usually don't do this kind of thing because it uses a whole bunch of battery power so...

Is it true that Green Lanterns usually don't do this kind of thing because it uses a whole bunch of battery power so that's why they tend to stick with boring stuff like hammers and what not?

Attached: 해적선.jpg (800x1235, 329K)

Other urls found in this thread:

files.catbox.moe/p1vtv1.webm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yeah, Kyle is...’special’. Kid watched too many of them Japanese animes.

Hal, John and Guy are just dumb and uncreative
Kyle is an artist with a naturally inquisitive mind who figured out how the ring worked and what its potential was, he's the only GL to read the instruction manual

He’s a fucking nerd, that’s what.

Well that, and over complicated constructs tend to be weaker if the user doesn’t have them fully mapped out in their mind.

Man I WISH there were more space pirate anime. There was Harlock in the 70s and then I think that was literally it until files.catbox.moe/p1vtv1.webm

they look cool though which is good for comics
this is fun

Attached: Bodacious Space Pirates - Abyss of Hyperspace - c001 (v01) - p000 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2144x3056, 1.5M)

Green lanterns are notorious for having non-existent imagination.

No, they don't usually do that kind of thing because artists are lazy.

John is an architect, he can do super elaborate constructs if he wants and they're always well made. Guy usually manifests a weapon or a stand or whatever, or something to punctate a point. Hal doesn't do anything more complex than aircraft or his own body.

It's just excuse for lazy artists

What about Simon?

Green Lantern Rebirth did a good job of making everyone feel different despite having the same power.

Attached: gl-rebirth-6-of-6-08.jpg (1200x1840, 625K)

Each of the four musketeers has their own gimmick when it comes to their constructs. Kyle's is that his constructs are overly complicated to show off his imagination. As for his constructs being weaker because of it, maybe. I definitely can't see Kyle bullying Zod out of his space lunch money like Hal did with just airplanes and big green fists

Well Hal's ring is currently the strongest. In fact when Kyle was using it he got double the power and started acting like Hal. So Hal stole Kyle's gimmick.

>Yee-haw, sucker.

I could see this becoming an iconic line if it's used in the movies.

Exactly, nerds have imagination.

Too simplistic. I barely remember Baz or Jess doing something creative.

Young Justice's Teen Lantern is slightly more creative.

He's pretty fucking ripped for a nerd.

Explain the people who write Green Lantern then? The stories have been big fist fights with Lanterns of different colors.

>Well Hal's ring is currently the strongest.

How does that make sense with the whole space cop thing?

Police Captain: "Here you go New Detective, we've given you the most powerful gun in the universe."

Old Detectives: What in the actual fuck?

>He's pretty fucking ripped for a nerd.

Attached: fav795pt3vt11.jpg (1035x690, 145K)

God fucking DAMN Chidi. Those fucking philosophy books must be HUGE.

Has a magic user ever got a power ring? I feel like that would be fun as shit.

they fucking are! seriously you guys

>making constructs of beautiful women

That seems more like something Guy would do.

He went to the gym, couldn't decide which weights to life. So he lifted all of them.

Nah, Guy respects women too much. He used to be one after all.

Attached: ggw42-cover.jpg (665x1011, 294K)

>The villain known as Dementor transformed our hero Guy into a Gal, which was especially unsettling given that Guy made for one voluptuous and frankly alluring red head. Fortunately, with the help of Martika, Guy ultimately defeated Dementor and restored his gender.

>unsettling
>fortunately

Who's the loser that wrote this?

>Guy respects women too much.

Attached: 1546153346242.jpg (1200x892, 272K)

I see that as Guy treating women as equal to him. He's not giving them any special treatment.

It’s several reasons really
>Hal made his own ring
>Most experience
>Will is stronger
Etc

The brunette looks like she might’ve enjoyed it desu, her friends are more angry about it than she is

Dude, that’s Mary Marvel, a hero similar to Captain Marvel/Shazam. You know, a KID who magically transforms into an adult hero? Guy just made a pass at a minor, and she’s genuinely confused

...Does he know that she's a kid? Because if so, what the fuck?

She's a minor.

No, writers (and artists?) are just ultra fucking lazy nowadays. You see the same thing happen with X-men characters. They have hundreds of varied powersets that can all be used creatively, but everything comes down to punches and laser beams.

>Pass
Look up goosing, user.

Well if you look at how the artist in the OP drew that woman's breasts it's not very surprising that they're lazy.

It's a copy/paste of the cannonballs next to them.

Holy shit, it actually is.

Probably not. Shazamily secret is mostly known to a select few JLA members. Though if it makes you feel any better, current canon Mary is almost 18. Fun Fact; Hal has had “thoughts” about a few jailbait characters

>Hal has had “thoughts” about a few jailbait characters
I'm not surprised, he is a Republican after all.

Baz's constructs tend to revolve around cars or machines in general, while Jessica makes organic shapes like flower pedals or tree branches. Make sense since Baz used to steal/race cars for a living and Jess was an outdoors enthusiast before her friends died and she became a shut in

Didn’t Kyle date a 16 year old once?

Kilowog was the one who did complicated structures before Johns came along. Go fucking figure.

Not when he groped her, no. Fire explains Mary's powers to him and he spends the issue apologizing to Mary for being a dick.

Ah. Knowing the actual context really does a lot to nullify outrage, I've noticed.

Probably thinking of when Hal was training a new recruit who wanted his dick, but she was from a species that ages extremely slowly, so while she was chronically in her thirties she still looked like a twelve year old

This is why Kyle is best Lantern. I don't even HATE the others (in fact, I like them all, honestly) but Kyle is the only one who actually uses the ring to its fullest potential. I wish Kyle got more respect and that they'd push him more outside of the comics.

>You will never have a GL movie where Kyle is cruising through space in his Green Machine

You could sell a movie on this scene alone.

Attached: GL Car.jpg (600x949, 134K)

How do they breathe in space?

Was that any good? I only saw the first few ans it was just hacking and hints of /u/ more than just space piracy

Isn't there a scene in some run of JLA where Kyle is just cruising through space on a fucking motorcycle while the others are flying around?

They don’t.....rings have life support. Just pray that you don’t run out of power in a vacuum

>when he took off his shirt in the middle of his breakdown

Attached: sweats.jpg (640x480, 23K)

Or just be smart enough to recharge your ring before you go flying through space.

You shouldn't be groping women regardless of their age. The age only makes it worse.

So is there any actual benefit to making the constructs more complicated? Because if not then "simple and boring" would generally be better, because you're focusing your attention on the actual fight rather than on making your constructs look good.

And how do they recharge?

are you just completely ignorant of Green Lanterns at a fundamental level

Not quite, but Alan Scott's ring is magic.

Could be a WB executive doing his research for the GLC movie.

People really liked Aquaman so we get the impression that people prefer the movies to be faithful to the comics.

The canon explanation, at least for a while (haven't been keeping up recently), was a Green Lantern's constructs reflect their personality. So Hal tends to go with very simple and straight-forward constructs because he is a simple and straight-forward person. On the other hand, John tends to go for very practical constructs because he's an engineer. Kyle was an artist before becoming a Lantern, so he's a lot more creative and imaginitive with his contructs. It's not like the other lanterns aren't capable of doing the same, it's just that it's not where their mind goes when they're dreaming up a contruct.

Good OP and ED, original.

It's not great, but it's not nearly bad enough to make it not fun, if you get what I'm trying to say.

ONE WAY TICKET TO MIDNIGHT
CALL IT HEAVY METAL

I hate how every time this gets brought up, I have to point out that THIS NEVER HAPPENED. It was a dream sequence. And not even Guy's own dream sequence, but a dream sequence based on what they throught might go wrong if Guy (who everyone hated at this point) would join them.

I wish I could just ignore it and let people enjoy their false information, but my tisms won't let me.

They grab their respective Lantern (usually kept in a safe place or outright pocket dimension) that links to the main, several stories tall Lantern on Oa, then they recite the GL oath while holding their ring up to it. If they're really in a bind they can strap their Lantern to themselves and have essentially unlimited charge, those this is incredibly dangerous as it tends to make the rings explode from overcharge

A lot of it is like what was talking about. Every Lantern's constructs reflect their subconscious minds, so someone like John can't help but make overly complex things with his ring, even in the heat of battle

You'd think the panels being shaped like dream bubbles would be a dead giveaway but I guess not.

why on Earth would you spoonfeed something so fucking basic

>It was based on what someone else thought Guy would do
That's exactly how all comic book characters are written. It's always someone's idea of what they think a character would do. This case just involves that someone being another character insteae of the writer.

It had an unusually slow start so the first few episodes you saw were more like an introductory arc than a representative sample of the actual show. It puts the pedal to the metal with space piracy literally immediately after that, which is ironic because it had failed some people's trial period by then. But that really is how it is.

Attached: tumblr_mlpoqgWFwc1s4hiu6o1_1280.jpg (1139x708, 471K)

Attached: green-lantern-blows-kiss.jpg (864x432, 68K)

Attached: Guy maid construct.jpg (1280x1959, 760K)

Attached: Guy Supergirl construct.jpg (1440x2213, 922K)

This is exactly the kind of stuff I would use it for. I'm glad SOME Green Lanterns have good taste.

Since they are solid, couldn't you theoretically have sex with your own construct? Has anyone ever thought about this?

>That stance
>that construct
>that dialogue
Why is Kyle such a fag?

He's comfortable about his masculinity, unlike yourself.

based kylezoid

Remember Hal is canonically slow. He can be crafty but unlike most main DC heroes he didn't go to college. Supes, Bats, Wondy, Flash, etc all have white collar jobs while he's either jobless or a pilot. Even Guy used to be a teacher.

He's still a former air force pilot, so he's at least smart enough to make it through that. Hal can be smart when he wants to accomplish something that he's passionate about, but he's a fricking dumbass the rest of the time.

Wasn't Guy a strait-laced lawyer who suffered significant brain damage?

No.
It's just that not many have the talent and imagination and will power to pull it off.

Hell, John nearly succeeded in rebuilding an entire planet from scratch using his ring, but the ring was too weak.

>which is ironic because it had failed some people's trial period by then.
This is why the "three episode rule" is total horseshit.

Gym Coach.

Not only is the ring capable of more elaborate constructs like this, but it's also capable of literally changing reality and manifesting the wearer's will into reality, rather than just making glowing green facsimiles. It's just that it requires so much willpower to do this that few Lanterns are capable, and the Guardians are cautious against letting it happen (they even put failsafes into the ring).

what about him

Guy was a prisoner councilor on the side of his main occupation

I feel like there are so many ways that you could make a cool Green Lantern movie, that it's pretty criminal that the one they made sucked. You could:

>Literally just adapt Secret Origin or Emerald Daen
>Do it like Star Wars with an ensemble cast about the alien corpsmen, and not even have a single human GL in the film
>Start in medias res with Sinestro Corps and the four human GLs, and just have Sinestro's fall as part of the backstory
>Start in medias res with Kyle Rayner, and just have the fall of Hal and the GLC as part of his backstory, with Kyle trying to live up to his legacy
>Just do a police procedural in space that's more "a day in the life," and doesn't bother with origins or anything
>Adapt Mosaic
>Do a story about Hal and Sinestro's relationship becoming strained as Sinestro falls to the side of evil

So many story ideas, so many characters, and ANY of them could work as an introductory film to the mythos.

Instead, they did this rushed and half-assed film that hit the plot beats of the Hal origin, but without putting in any of the important character tensions and motivations that make him interesting. Pretty much Secret Origin or Emerald Dawn, but without the emotional cores of those stories (his flaws, doubts, and strained relationships with family and Carol). They had ONE JOB, and now normies think that GL is inherently lame.

It's because space scares investors, let alone crazy shit in space. Guardians of the Galaxy was a big ass risk but no that it did good it might make investors try it more.

Guy has two college degrees, iirc.

Is his massive brain trauma still canon post-Flashpoint? I have no idea what's canon or not anymore.

didn't Kyle at one time(Ion?) have conscious/thinking constructs running around in space without him knowing?