I was expecting something a little different, to be quite honest

I was expecting something a little different, to be quite honest.

Seriously, why did they decide to shit on Nick Fury like that?

Attached: Nick Fury.jpg (500x309, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=e-ynfWZAhCA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

TWS is like the only good MCU movie.

i like to think he's lying to be dramatic like with colson and everything else
why do people only nitpick this and not everything else in the movie

I know it's just horseshit. I get the feeling we're in for of this kind diapointment moving forward with Endgame.

Why was he brought false eyes if he never actually lost the eye?

Did the writers never actually watch Winter Soldier?

Daily Reminder: Kevin Feige Does Nothing Wrong, Ever

Attached: House of Mouse.jpg (640x633, 120K)

Pretty sure the Russos weren't expecting Marvel to retconn the eye getting gouged out by a space cat. In retrospect it certainly makes that scene hilarious instead of a serious one now that you know he fucking lost the eye because he fucking got cutesy with an annoyed space cat.

The Captain Marvel script went through eight writers so either the directors didn't watch Winter Soldier or Perlman and Meg didn't and that means no one after them caught it. But I attribute it more to no one giving a shit about the WS scene.

People with infected eyes often choose to have them removed altogether.

Nick just decided to keep his fucked-up eye and make an ace in the hole out of it.

Attached: Eye.jpg (529x278, 25K)

Because HAHA SO SUBVERSIVE XD

>Seriously, why did they decide to shit on Nick Fury like that?
Because it makes him look less one dimensional

This. He decided to have an cool eyepatch instead of a dorky looking glass eye

Could someone add a laugh track to this scene?

>why did they decide to shit on Nick Fury like that?

Because "fuck men lmao"

>"Everyone calls me Fury"
>His friends call him Fury
>His mamma calls him Fury
>His daddy calls him Fury
>His hypothetical kids call him Fury
>Captain Marvel calls him Fury

>Steve calls him Nick

Attached: 1369956953357.gif (207x207, 808K)

Maybe he lightened up on the name between the events of CM and Steve thawing. Or maybe what Captain America decides he's going to call you just sticks.

Can someone explain how he lost it? I won't see Captain Feminist sooo

A cat scratched it

He was playing with Carol's cat, it got mad and scratched him

He's lucky Steve doesn't call him 'Boy'.

that's what I thought after everyone mentioning the cat online, but for it to be true..whoo boy

Attached: 1356563282843.gif (300x169, 1.35M)

It's an alien cat with poisonous claws. The skrulls tried to warn him.

It was still played for laughs and downplays his whole image. Literally “Asgard’s destruction followed by Korg’s quip” V2

>Nick Fury never saw Toy Story in 3d

Attached: sad_keanu.jpg (307x409, 32K)

They toy around with Nick losing his eye in a couple of dramatic ways, because you KNOW he is going to lose it somehow. But each time he just gets a bandage over it or whatever and it turns out his eye is fine.

And then at basically the last second the cat scratched him because Fury was holding him too long, cuts his face and the cut gets infected because its an alien cat.

Fury tells everyone at shield he lost the eye fighting the Skrulls.

MCU Fury has been kind of a disappointment in general. Samuel L. Jackson is great, but he was nearly 60 years old by the time Iron Man came out. I get that his casting was a reference to Ultimate Fury's design being based on him, but he's too old to play a super spy action character.

Why not both?

Attached: 878F7011-DCFC-444D-A6C8-0614441D5DB5.jpg (810x462, 35K)

Later Chris Evans tweets about what a heartless monster Crenshaw is and that he applauds the brave freedom fighter that cost him the eye

This film made me feel like the MCU truly is nearing its end.
Not in a good way

Attached: eb4.jpg (600x486, 33K)

All three Russo movies are good. And Endgame likely will be as well.

Because Skrulls can only mimic DNA?

(I.e., not false eyes)

>Seriously, why did they decide to shit on Nick Fury like that?
Because, at one time they were planning on making a Nick Fury movie.
They didn't do it, now Sam is too old to do it
Have catscratch instead

Avengers 1 did a similar thing but in a non-retarded way.

Showing how he lost an eye killed all the mystery. One joke would be enough. Fuck Marvel.

Because Disney openly said that the next phase of Marvel is ALL about injecting as much Female Heroes as possible to the point there's more Female Heroines than male heroes so far. Translation with female heroes rising it DOES mean emasculating male characters so Nick Fury now lost his eye in a dumb way to a stupid cat.

Welcome to political correctness that is DISNEY. This is what they do. This is the perfect time to start checking out and no longer bothering with this super politically correct hero garbage movie series. The sad thing is, normie beta loser men have a great tolerance for that shit, they don't mind being shat on like the beta losers that they are.

Modern feminism means shitting on men to make women look better, while at the same time having women behave more masculine than feminine.

Civil War was trash. I don't intend to watch Inshittiny War.

He had the misfortune of being male in a feminist movie.

>cuts his face and the cut gets infected because its an alien cat.

You know, does anyone else find this plot element suspicious? It felt like Disney changed the cat to not belonging to Captain Marvel/Carol so that no one can blame her for her shitty cat's behavior.

Nick Fury has every right to want that cat dead for visually crippling him. But unfortunately humans are retarded bastard motherfucking garbage as a species. They value cats more than the lives of other humans. Man fuck you all to hell where you belong because I know you zoophiles thrive here.

That's all Disney movies. Don't give me BS about Marvel Studios, it's a DISNEY movie. The mouse injects political correctness and Feminism and Gynocentrism is the order of the day. And it has been that way for quite a number of years. If you're a guy? Disney has nothing for you and all properties they own WILL be feminized. Avoid Disney's shit.

>Because Disney openly said that the next phase of Marvel is ALL about injecting as much Female Heroes as possible

No, they literally didn't.

>Thor
>Spider Man
>Bruce/Hulk
>Nick Fury
Who's next?

Maybe a genuinely alien being is worth studying?

Remember when Steve tipped him in Avengers? The fuck was that about? Because in a prior scene they’ve already established Steve knows Fury, and was already brought up to speed about him directing SHIELD. Him acting like he’s help is weird and a forced joke by Whedon

It's pretty clear the Russos intended to maintain the grenade shrapnel with all those little scars around the socket. It literally is impossible for that scaring to have come from the cat. Not to mention his response to having his cornea gouged would not have been "meh it's a scratch"

They literally bet $10 bucks Fury couldn't come up with anything that impressed Steve and Steve was blown away by the Helicarrier.

It reminds me of The Boys.

Is this some deleted scene shit or am I’m having amnesia?

Fury works fine as an older character

you're having amnesia
youtube.com/watch?v=e-ynfWZAhCA

Did people really give a shit about how Nick lost his eye? It's such an unimportant thing.

We all agree it would have been better for him to lose it in the car crash right?

the how isn't terribly important, but it shouldn't be reduced to a joke

>but it shouldn't be reduced to a joke
Why?

The scar was symbolic, it was supposed to be a character-changing moment.

Are you making a prediction or describing something that happened?

Infinity War is pure kino tho

Steve is fricking Captain America, he can call him Nick.

Got to shit on the old black man to promote the man hating white woman.

Civil War was pretty bad tho

>it was supposed to be a character-changing moment
It was a somewhat clumsy retcon for the sake of a third act twist.

>I was expecting something a little different
Something like, THIS?

Attached: THE MAKUTA.png (789x445, 237K)

Yes the MCU is shit

Because cat-ladies will find Goose funny and cute.

Years later and some people here still say this

>>His mamma calls him Fury
>>His daddy calls him Fury
>>His hypothetical kids call him Fury
When he said that I was just picturing his 10 year old having a conversation with his kids at breakfast and all the Furys you'd hear back at each other

>His hypothetical kids
Would one of them be a Nick Fury Jr. that looks like classic Fury?

I don't know why people are so upset about this. Fury lied about something, shocker. But more importantly, considering what a Flerkin is, I think Fury got easy bragging rights. You tell that shit to someone like Thor or maybe Gamora, they'd be genuinely impressed

Yes.
They threw nick and captain america and a chunk of the MCU under the bus for this dumpsterfire.

Disney is going hard on the pansexual twink with tits STRONG WOMAN loser bitches.
I can't wait for this shit to backfire.
Hell from the outright hatred everyone has towards this movie and the complete and utter lack of interest in tuff strong dyke elsa and anna it's already happening.