Is she supposed to be a celtic pagan goddess of the underworld or something like that ?

Is she supposed to be a celtic pagan goddess of the underworld or something like that ?

Attached: 1549919420367(1).jpg (584x600, 36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gWgDzQ0mWTg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maleficium_(sorcery)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Maleficent is a fairy. A powerful, high class, evil fairy.

Attached: BlueFairy.jpg (1440x1072, 329K)

She is a fairy, much like the godmothers, but obviously evil and a focus on dark magic and curses. Whole shtick in movie was giving princess curse of endless sleep upon touching a needle.

More likely a member of the unseelie court. Jealous evil faerie and all that.

She should be a nudist

Attached: DzTeq_YXQAAxhFW.jpg (1200x600, 54K)

The king and queen were completely retarted for not inviting her and deserved everything that happened.

Back in medievil times not inviting someone to events was seen as a grave insult.
It doesn't matter if they didn't like Maleficent, the fact is she was a powerful fairy and they just insulted her. I'm pretty sure if if they had invited her she wouldn't have even come. But when they negelted to invite her they insured that she would DEFINATELY come and DEFINATELY fuck shit up.

She was the embodiment of sex, she was.

How would she react to someone just being nice to her like a normal person?

There was a war between England and Wales over a Welsh king not being invited to a wedding.

She isn't a normal person, if they paid the proper respect to her she probably wouldn't go out of her way to fuck with them, but since it's what she expects she wouldn't really be moved by it.

Just make sure that you never thank her, Fae hate it when people thank them for things.

>Just make sure that you never thank her, Fae hate it when people thank them for things.
the fugh

>evil
The royal family were the ones who discriminated against her, inviting all the other fairyfolk but excluding her.

It's a common folklore thing. Fairies are incredibly picky and prickly when it comes to gratitude, either because in their mind it dismisses what they've done or marks them as subservient. Thus they consider people thanking them a mortal insult.

This. Fairy folk are petty as fuck and will screw you over no matter what you do.

So we just call them a faggot when they do us a favor?

Agreed. A butt naked Elsa would be really sexy

The proper way is to return the deed, or pay them back in kind. But better to avoid any dealings with fairies at all. For good or for ill, they're nothing but trouble. They don't have the same morality, or even the same emotional capacity as mortals. And even when they're trying to be nice, they're very likely to attract the kind of "adventure" you'd be better off without.

Attached: F0116.gif (550x617, 284K)

She's a fairy, a proper one who works through arbitrary rules and get's PISSED of you snub her an invitation to your celebration.

The Good Fairy's are more of the post-victorian standard, although even they have signs of their own fairy logic when they propose turning Aurora into a flower.

The cold never bothered her anyway

Fairy logic can be fucked up. Knock the wrong number of times on a door? Enemy for life. Attempt to murder you as a joke? Why so serious lol

Attached: Like who cares.gif (498x374, 2.66M)

And then there's all the baby stealing!

Attached: F0141.gif (500x200, 1.89M)

When I saw it, I though it was stupid she wasn't invited. If she was, then none of this shit would of have happened.

Now that there is some context into WHY is so important for invitations back then, Malificient being a fairy, and faires' natures, this just makes it even more retarded on why she wasn't sent a letter or shit. None of this would of have happened.

but then her asscheeks would be hanging in the wind

Fairies always terrified me as a kid, they're so unpredictable that they're basically chaotic.

Attached: 4659627+_59a43db15622333499721807a975cfde.png (384x635, 215K)

I did not feel this way until I get a bit older. I then start drawing more gory theme fairy drawings to match up the lore of them being cannibals.

Here's the problem with the "Just invite the dark fairy!" solution, fellas: Inviting Maleficent would have insulted the the three Seelie fae already in attendance; Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather. Who, remember, had already promised their blessing and really fucking HATE Maleficent.

You're probably thinking, well they're not as powerful as Maleficent, so who cares if they're in a huff right? And aren't they nice fairies?

Seelie can be just as spiteful as Unseelie if crossed. And regarding their power, fairy folk have a lot of odd rules of engagement. Those three were on the defensive and basically were supposed to rely on human intermediaries, helping them solve the problem themselves. If they were unbound in the same position as Maleficent, they could have been just as destructive, and Maleficent would have felt ZERO obligation to provide aid in a feud between those three and their chosen pet humans.

So Stefan wasn't an idiot for not inviting Maleficent; he was an idiot for getting involved in their politics at all. But since he couldn't put those worms back in the can, his only remaining option was to hope FFM could help his people kill Maleficent and be in the good graces of the winning side. And that bet paid off.

Attached: Flora,_Fauna,_and_Merryweather.jpg (1062x743, 157K)

the problem with fairies is their weird ass logic, and the fact that they dont understand the diference between right and wrong,they are like 5 years old brats with magic, they do not understand why is not funny to burn down your house, or why is unfair to punish someone for doing something they didnt tell him not to do,and those are just some examples

Peter Pan's original plan was to kidnap Wendy at knifepoint.

Attached: 1545001832883.jpg (512x384, 25K)

This is why fairies and everything in the magic kingdom needs to be cleansed in holy fire, exterminatus style. Same with the spirit world in Legend of Korra

Attached: 9ac.jpg (435x256, 53K)

>You're probably thinking, well they're not as powerful as Maleficent, so who cares if they're in a huff right? And aren't they nice fairies?

Well yeah no matter how you slice it pissing off Maleficent resulted in the princess 'dying' and covering the kingdom in thornsnot to mention the collapse of the local clothing industry I doubt the other faries had the power to do that.
Really it's like choosing to piss off a major kingdom or three minor lords.

Attached: 2Q==.jpg (312x162, 11K)

Attached: F0079.gif (500x281, 799K)

a more optimistic possibility could have been Maleficent upstageing the faries by giving Aroura an extra awesome blessing in order to piss them off.

Attached: Malifecent Approves .gif.gif (225x204, 460K)

Kino.

Attached: Maleficent spell.jpg (1600x627, 100K)

I want to be Maleficent's servant/sex toy.

Eh you're running a biiiig gamble on that one, as that doesn't conform to Maleficent's nature. This is a creature that invoked all the powers of Hell when she was attacked. You sure you want your daughter having the kind of blessing that entails? She might grow up to eat your heart and raise an army of undead.

Stefan gambling on someone taking her out with FFM's backing still seems like the safest bet at that point.

Attached: 254.gif (415x255, 1.97M)

I want to be Maleficent's apprentice so I can abuse this guy
Also rad powers

Like I said: an optimistic possibility
But let's look at this categorically :

>Invite Maleficent:
+Probably won't even come
+Don't piss her off
- if she comes will probably be a downer
-piss of the fairys
-some minor negative blessing on daughter at worst

>Dont invite Maleficent:
-Piss off maleficent
-Major curse on daughter (and immediate area when it happens)
-Is a downer when she arrives
+Don't piss off faries

anything you want to add?

She's Pete's love interest or at least should be.

I'll add that Stefan won and got all the benefits of a living daughter and the blessings of kind fairies. Also:
>minor negative blessing lol
Yeah those three would most likely fuck you six ways to Sunday for spurning them openly and you'd have no magical patron at that point to back you up. Keep underestimating the fae.

>I'll add that Stefan won and got all the benefits of a living daughter and the blessings of kind fairies
A huge gamble and no way it was planned

>fuck you six ways to Sunday for spurning them openly
Implying inviting both arties is spurning them

>minor negative blessing lol
If you slight Maleficent she places a dealy curese on your daughter. I imagine if you don't piss her off her actions would be more restrained

Besides I think you're over estimating the power of the three faires. I'm pretty sure if push came to shove the king had an entire kingdom's worth of resources at his disposal if he wanted to kill them but I don't think that Malificent could be killed so easily.

>Implying inviting both parties is spurning them
I think we've established in this thread that it's not up to us to decide what constitutes insult. And their enmity with Maleficent was well known. To think they'd ignore the King trying to play both sides of such a feud is very strange to me.

>I think you're over estimating the power of the three faires.
I'm sure your total lack of respect for the three fairies who provided the raw power used to vanquish Maleficent, without whom such a feat would not have been possible, would do you no end of favors. You seem to think they're paltry human magicians that you can just have executed on a whim rather than creatures with the ability to toy with fate.

I'm saying it would take a lot less effort ot kill them than maleficent

>creatures with the ability to toy with fate
see that. That is what I'm talking about

>I'm saying it would take a lot less effort ot kill them than maleficent
And I'm saying that without any sort of magical backing at all that's a dubious prospect. Killing Maleficent was only possible with their help, and Maleficent cannot be trusted to intervene on behalf of humans either way.

And altering fate is literally something they did. I think you're so blinded by Maleficent that you're not willing to give them any credit at all.

What basis do you have for that? They were able to undo every one of Maleficent's enchantments without much effort, and turn a sword into an anti-Maleficent missile. I mean sure, there are ways to hurt a fae like cold iron, but there's definitely a reason violence is the last resort with their kind.

and I'm saying that I'd rather piss off three fae rather than piss off one fae lord

She would probably be offended at lack of etiquette. Fairies have their rules, imagine a genie that isn't constrained by a lamp and seeks opportunities to screw people over.

youtube.com/watch?v=gWgDzQ0mWTg

Those lesser fairies can challenge the greater fairy, more than you can challenge them.

They were able to alter the curse Maleficent placed on Aurora. Their combined power was enough to grant Philip the means to kill Maleficent in a single blow.

The idea that FFM are no match for Stefan's royal court is more nuts than the idea that Maleficent would just play nice even if she were invited.

He could've played dumb about the invitation to the other fairies. Tell them it was a mistake but with a baby he is afraid to kick Maleficent out in fear that the retribution would target the kid, which did happen. They would probably just sulk for a while and let it be.

The long time it took would cause any real kingdom to get taken over and lose political, military and economic power. Maybe it actually did end up that way outside of the cursed surrounding area. I don't remember how long it took in the movie but I think the original tale says that everyone was asleep for a hundred years.

>Those lesser fairies can challenge the greater fairy, more than you can challenge them.
An entire kingdom of knight armed with an entire kingdom of cold steel could

>They were able to alter the curse Maleficent placed on Aurora.
Only because that day was the equinox or something

Their combined power was enough to grant Philip the means to kill Maleficent in a single blow.
Admittedly they are very good enchanters but they have never shown to have anyware near the casting prowess that Maleficent had

>The idea that FFM are no match for Stefan's royal court is more nuts than the idea that Maleficent would just play nice even if she were invited.
Once again an entire kingdom and it's cold steel could combat fae of their level

secondly Maleficent probably wouldn't have even shown up and if she did she would likely not cause any trouble (Becuse the fae love rules and ceremony)

P.S I think you're forgetting that Maleficent also had an entire region of gooks at her disposal too.

Maleficent would play nice if invited. Unless they slighted her somehow. Either way it wasn't a deliberate choice they thought she was gone and didn't bother checking even though they had to know how fairies work and that it's better to be safe than end up with a curse. If she was truly gone then they lost nothing by sending her an invitation, and if they wanted to avoid even that small risk they could've "accidentally" mentioned the invitation to the other fairies while acting unaware of their conflict, who would most likely intercept the courier make him get amnesia and taken it. That way it's entirely on them that she didn't get anything. You can't deal with fairies the same way you deal with humans, they both expect and require cunning so you either don't deal with them at all or take every precaution you can to not piss them off.

Maybe. The only problem is wouldn't FFM start shit with Maleficent anyway? They were the first ones to talk shit to her, with that "Because you weren't wanted!" line, if I recall.

So assuming they do throw shade at Maleficent, they'd then look to the mortals in attendance to take sides, and you'd be back to square one, no?

So at that point you're just hoping to God everyone behaves and no one says ANYTHING. Like the most tense Thanksgiving dinner ever.

The original tale is fun. Breaking and entering, getting a comatose woman pregnant, killing your old bitch wife so she can move in. Classic.

Attached: F0029.png (1052x744, 962K)

>they'd then look to the mortals in attendance to take sides
Then you say that you sent an invite and are sorry it didn't reach her, at which point the fairies start bragging that it's their doing and insulting her to which you use all the acting ability you have to say in a shocked voice that you had no idea there was conflict between them and that they're all welcome in your court. They get pissy and one of them leaves. If it's Maleficent her anger is now focused on the fairies rather than you so you might get a few weeks of bad weather as a curse while they have to deal with her more directly. If the fairies leave Maleficent gives you a blessing which will probably be powerful just to spite the others though it might be useless, possibly something like terrifying all the enemies on sight which isn't very useful to a princess but fairly powerful as a power, she wouldn't give a negative gift because it would be rude. So while everyone might be at least a little bit angry at you you avoid potentially kingdom and life threatening curse and live to rethink dealing with fairies at all.

>that au where Maleficent takes over Aurora's body and rapes Phillip.

Attached: IMG_20190220_001859.jpg (540x743, 58K)

is...is there a fic about this?

>Maleficent would play nice if invited
>she would likely not cause any trouble
Her idea of nice and generous is colored by her malevolent nature. Courtesy aside, fairy logic is abstruse, and the line between curse and boon could blur, the only thing separating them being intent.

So even with these myriad precautions and schemes there's a lot that could go wrong. Which is why I said in the first place, best to avoid dealing with them at all if possible.

Attached: F0117.jpg (500x733, 31K)

What show is this from?

Humanity has declined

Attached: 1446011517359.jpg (804x1124, 399K)

I havent got the slighest motivation to watch that new movie, how is Maleficent in it?Do other fairies appear in it?

fairies are true chaotic

It feels like something that should exist.

Attached: Johnny Bravo.png (469x350, 150K)

They're governed by rules though, so they're pure lawful even if they're whimsical. They use their understanding of obscure rules and customs to cause problems for everyone around, though they don't always do so out of maliciousness so if you know those rules well you can avoid their intentional or not traps. They don't have human morality so for them what they do might not be evil at all, though at least the asshole ones seem to know exactly what they're doing.

But her farts would then create blizzards.

iirc, in the original tale, they needed to serve fairies their food using golden plates. They didn't have enough so either tried to trick her with a fake or didn't invite because they couldn't accomidate her.

Just realizing something, was Malecifent just another verison of Mab?

Attached: DIG030271_1._SX360_QL80_TTD_.jpg (360x497, 49K)

>don't invite Maleficent to appease the Seelie
>Maleficent curses your daughter with death
>Seelie fail to protect your daughter
>they curse your whole kingdom to fall asleep so they don't find out about your mistake
>enemy armies invade and kill everyone while you're asleep

You can't win with the feyfolk.

I always thought Peter looked creepy in that shot.

>Maleficent gives your daughter the power to raise unholy armies of the damned

That sounds like it'd make a good movie.

Attached: e969a432dbf398b06da91ad983f3a86e.jpg (824x645, 45K)

it would be sexy to see her boobs, belly button, vagina, legs, asscheeks and bare feet

Why don't the humans just invest in factories? Smog and steel ward off fairies.

She has hot tits, a big ass and some long legs so yes she should be au naturale

Given more time and living on Earth, would Tinkerbell grow into human size like the fairies from Sleeping Beauty, or are they a different kind?

Her ass is nice

Plenty of fairies in old stories, they're not any more similar than any other fairies who curse mortals for one reason or another. Maleficent had a reason for being mad since she was insulted, even if she was petty about it while Mab does things for the hell of it and we never really see her follow any fairy customs outside of the "boon" for taking the curse off.

Fairy.

Nope, she's a witch.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maleficium_(sorcery)

with tits and asscheeks like hers yeah...

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maleficium_(sorcery)
It's her name user, not a character class. She's well established as a fairy and those exist as magical beings and tend to only use their own magic not human one.

Hate to break it to you, but works of fiction do not have bright-line rules. The character is whatever the author says they are.

She's CUTE

Attached: wet maleficent.jpg (954x1141, 165K)

And in this case the author says she's a fairy. What's your point?

As the author of this post I say you're an idiot.

Oooooh I just gor why Pokemon fairy's are weak to those. It represents modernization.

Being immortal and living life inside an illusion of their own creation sort of does that. They have no sense of reality and no concept of hurting people or even being hurt. Since nothing can hurt or kill them. They do not grasp being murderous since they do not consider deadly force a problem.

This is one of the reasons I still come to Yea Forums. These types of threads. I don't mind image dumps but this was some great discussion. Thanks Yea Forumsmrades.

Here's a question: Do you think that FFM were actually using the entire setup with Maleficent not being invited as a means to slight her? Using humans indirectly to trigger an offense against her?

Those three buffoons couldn't plot their way out of a paper bag, espically with all their squabbling

/tg/ used to have threads like this on an hourly basis 24/7, back before the fagmods came.

Attached: 1524600062620.jpg (282x282, 53K)

Checked

Never trust a Fae

Get cold iron. Make spear out of cold iron. Impale fae with cold iron spear into ground. Engulf said ground in cement, or at least put a fortress around it. This is how you deal with faeries. You remove their ability to interact with the human world. You cure their dreamlike madness with an eternity of iron boredom.

Different kind of fairy. Tinkerbell is a pixie, they're just tiny. Other fairies, like a dullahan for example, aren't small nor have wings.

I don't think that's unlikely. It might have occurred to them that staying close to humans would put them in conflict with Maleficent more, if nothing else. And clearly they were eager to be rid of her. But I don't think they need to have malicious motives as a rule. It's just something that'll probably happen, as fairytales go.

Fairy Godmothers like FFM, or like the one in Cinderella, or even figures like Glinda the Good or the Blue Fairy see mortals as an amusing hobby. Similar to a pet, or an elaborate painting. They string them along, helping them just barely enough on their mortal misadventures, believing that they're being kind and helping their charge grow as a person - as long as they embody what the fairy likes. And often somehow by coincidence that winding journey of personal growth often involves killing the patron's nemesis, but then everyone is happier! So it's only good intentions.

Okay, now I'm just picturing a proper villain spearing faeries with steel tools, pouring molten steel over them while they're trapped, and just building a fucking wall out of them

Fucking awful m8
>hey let’s make male a fucking teenage date rape victim
>let’s make the fairies a bunch of drunk single moms that try to kill the kid
>male doesn’t even turn into a dragon
FUCK OFF

Damn. Any more evil aurora? I'm intrigued

Attached: 1550273579395.jpg (686x386, 30K)

i can never remember the Princesses name in this story

I maintain that they might've saved it if Merriweather hadn't opened her fat little mouth. Of course, that's assuming Maleficent felt genuinely slighted at being left out- more likely, she was just pissed at seeing the entire kingdom so happy and had come looking for an excuse to fuck shit up.

Attached: ooo.gif (500x333, 859K)

He probably saved countless children from being kidnapped and enslaved in an alien dimension. What a villan.

Eh, fair point. I was just thinking that a steel cage would do the same thing without permanently trapping a sentient creature in a block of steel to slowly go (even more) mad, and decorating with them.

I think she was the winter and darkness fairy or something like that. The kind of thing you don't want in your kid's birthday to start in the right foot.

It's all about deterrence, son. The Fae do not possess human morality or even experience suffering in the same way as us. Their motivations are utterly opaque and they cannot be bargained with or bullied by conventional means without extreme risk. Cold iron and boredom are the only things that at least seem to be anathema to them.

Why didn’t Phillip just fuck Malificent and become her dark knight

Are there any decent videogames that involve faries being fucking chaotic aside from dragon age?

Attached: 102169.jpg (225x350, 37K)