Are Transformers consider in the category of Comics or Cartoons on here...

Are Transformers consider in the category of Comics or Cartoons on here? Cuz I do know that the Transformers made there first appearance in MARVEL Comics

Attached: 676401.jpg (400x613, 62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/NinjainkArt/status/1101532428252909568
transmissionspodcast.com/2019/03/alt-mode-special-8-brian-ruckley-transcript/
zandergb.tumblr.com/post/47509563684/idw-tf-g1-guide
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Both because they all have their own continuities.

Both
If it has a comic and cartoon at any point, its both

I thought that the run in the IDW Transformers Comics was consider cannon to the original TV series?

This is now the TF thread. A storytime will be posted here later.

Pic related is by Timothy Lim
Source: twitter.com/NinjainkArt/status/1101532428252909568

Attached: D0lt5iBX4AAOlzk.jpg (1348x2048, 487K)

What the fuck ever gave you that idea?

Probably similar designs or some shit, btw, is anyone storytiming the new #1?

Of course! Who's looking forward to whatever IDW's doing with their reboot? Apart from Brainstorm fans of course, RIP

Attached: D1KcrV8WwAEatqj.jpg (914x1406, 290K)

goddamn those comics were good

Hey I own this issue!

bring it.

Not I.

Nothing screams desperate like killing an established character in issue one.
Dropped

Oh, fuck you, IDW.

Fuuuuuuck youuuuuu.

>all the toys are smiling

Weeeiiirrrd.

Yes, just be wary of the waifu autists that pop their heads into any tf thread and start sharing their shitty fanfiction

What's is this "waifu artist" you speak of?

Attached: arcee_.jpg (769x1039, 142K)

the last few threads had people come up with wacky stories with Windblade.

Attached: shoot the real windblade.jpg (2592x5696, 2.95M)

Jesus, that scripting. IDW Transformers has never been good.

>Optimus catches a Megatron fan

I don't know, maybe if you tried to discuss or something there wouldn't be "waifu autism", because Yea Forums in general degenerates into that in case you failed to notice.

Is there a TF comics guide?

I read the Marvel comics back in the day and they are what they are but I've heard great things about some of the IDW series. Nothing specific, I remember hearing on inspired by Trek TOS that was pretty good.

Attached: transformers.jpg (651x1000, 200K)

You don't draw shit faggot, all you do is repost old arcee pictures and claim them as your own

>they are already here

I don't think that's the usual Arcee reposter.
As opposed to regular autism like now? Look, outside of like 2 or 3 posters we can keep the waifufagging to the waifufagging threads, and even then I like those threads for more than the waifufagging.
the main reason the Transformers exist in the first place for example

IDW...honestly, start from the beggining and read all of Furmans stuff including the Spotlights. Skip All Hail Megatron, read Last Stand of the Wreckers, skip the ongoing, read More Than Meets the Eye, Robots in Disguise and the Windblade series, all of this in publishing order.

>I've heard great things about some of the IDW series

Do you enjoy unsolicited lectures about the nature of gender identity, the need for LGBTQ representation on Cybertron and how Trans Rights are Robot Rights? If so, then IDW Transformers comics will be right up your alley.

Attached: IDW Transformers comics in a nutshell.png (600x385, 446K)

To be fair, that comes up late in the run, there's so much user can enjoy. Hell, that whole Arcee thing was blown out of proportion and it didn't really become an issue until much later, many years after her introduction. Also her origin became more and more retarded. Seriously, Barber, genius with continuity, slobbering idiot with everything else.

I wonder what David Willis thinks of them given hoe much he is a self-hating woke

He'd find something to bitch about, as usual. Then buy the toys. Then virtue signal. Rinse and repeat.

Everything about IDW Arcee was such a goddamn trainwreck, and the attempts down the line to smooth things over and make Arcee being trans more "woke" and "politically correct" only made things worse.

>Arcee was originally a male Transformer at a time when all Transformers identified as male and the natural female Transformers were on an undiscovered colony
>Jhiaxus kidnapped Arcee and gave him a nonconsensual sex-change operation, turning him into a female Transformer who sends off signals that force all other Transformers to refer to him with female pronouns and identify him as female on sight
>This drives Arcee insane and "she" becomes a rampaging serial killer who at one point is placed in a maximum security prison because he's so violent and insane
>Other natural, non-trans female Transformers are discovered on a colony
>Arcee tells everyone that even though she identified as male in the past, she REALLY always thought of herself as being FEMALE on the inside, so what Jhiaxus did was actually a GOOD THING and she's glad she got that forced sex-change operation and all her crazy mass murdering stuff was just an OOPSY

IDW Transformers comics are honestly pretty bad, you guys.

wasn't this literally the only time they addressed transgender cybertronians? stop exaggerating things
Canon straight IDW couples;
>Wreck-Gar and Rum-Maj
>Skids and Nautica
>Sparkstalker and Lightbright
just off the top of my head, and that's a lot for the gender ratio these metalfuckers have

>wasn't this literally the only time they addressed transgender cybertronians?

See: Everything with IDW Arcee was trans this trans that trans trans trans. Tailgate was also stated to be transgender.

You are wrong.

Attached: Gender and Sex in Transformers IDW.png (1985x908, 1.15M)

Wouldn't it have been more intelligent to retcon it as Jhiaxus kipdnapping her and making her think he changed her gender as a sort of social experiment? So she was actually female the whole time? It's not perfect but it's a hell of a lot better than what came after. Galvatron's brother. Jesus. Holy fuck, seriously, Barber, are you right in the head?
>Remembers Centurion and everything to do with Shockwave
No, he's not.

>Skids and Nautica
HOW DARE YOU?!

>Wouldn't it have been more intelligent to retcon it as Jhiaxus kipdnapping her and making her think he changed her gender as a sort of social experiment?
Because then that wouldn't be TRANS POSITIVE and they wouldn't get woke points. Or worse, they might get accused to presenting transgenderism as a mental illness (like, oh I dunno, Gender Dysphoria).
Problem was that keeping trans-Arcee STILL didn't smooth things over, because her being murderously insane as a result of her gender reassignment surgery was already canon. So they just had to say "no, it was a good thing, really, I realize that now" and pretend like unsolicited robo-genital mutilation is OK.

Fuckin trainwreck of a comic.

Make it that she went insane and violent as a result of the brainwashing since Jhiaxus did a hack job. Seriously, the most progressive they tried to get, the more retarded and frankly offensive it got! And they were the SJWs! They are their own enemy!

They already explained the reason she got crazy:

If I started my own Transformers series, the main characters for the Autobots would be:

>Optimus Prime (Leader)
>Bumblebee (Kid Appeal)
>Chromia (2nd in command)
>Brainstorm (Smart guy and comic-relief)
>Unsure between Ironhide or Bulkhead (The Muscle)

Alt Mode Special 8 – Brian Ruckley Interview Transcript

transmissionspodcast.com/2019/03/alt-mode-special-8-brian-ruckley-transcript/

Storytime when????

This is better.
>Jhiaxus goes to Caminus
>Kipnaps an unlucky female bot
>Fuck ups her mind
>Violent and crazy Arcee, muh social experiment to keep other colonies existence a secret
>Reveal
>We get another perfectly fine female in the comic and no lasting damage done
Seriously, it's not hard!

(You)

This sounds every bit as bad as those Carol Danvers comics from the 80s where she gets brainwashed, raped, gives birth to her rapist's reincarnation, then goes off to live in the rape dimension with her rapist-son and all the Avengers wave her goodbye like it's a beautiful and romantic thing. Then she became an deranged alcoholic. Then Kelly Sue was like "nah, none of that every happened."

Arcee is like the Carol Danvers of IDW Transformers.

And the comic where that happens is Avengers #200, a fucking milestome comic. Fucking amazing. She's every bit as fucked as Hank Pym if not more.

Tailgate is feminine, but still a he. Arcee is just Furman's onset Alzheimer creeping into the story

Everything is bad. Comics as an artform should have never been created.

Furman's got Alzheimer? I thought Arcee was Furman's autism in introducing a female Cybertronian to a race of exclusively 'male' bots (asexual monogender).

Tailgate wasn't transgender, Roberts just didn't know the definition of "ingenue" and tried to play it off as woke

also
>Tigatron and Airazor
>Roller and Nickel (maybe not a canon couple but damn if Roller's foot fetish isn't)

So his pretentiousness got the better out of him for once? Nice.
Seriously, this guy is college professor tier.

kinda offtopic but
>EDUCATION BAD

Furman's Spotlight Arcee is from real early in the IDW run, before they went fullbore LGBTQ politics and turned into this pic: It was just Furman having a weird problem with female Transformers existing without a unique explanation, so he tried to make one same as he did in the Marvel UK comic. When the IDW comics later wanted to introduce more female Transformers and not make them mutilations of male Transformers created by a mad scientist, they still had to acknowledge Spotlight Arcee. But they also wanted to be "woke" about it and "pro trans rights" about it, but the more they tried the worse it got. So we end up with "The moral of the story is that forced sex-change operations are good for you and eventually you will come to realize this".

I'm honestly mad they never met at all. Would've helped made up for Rodimus's depressing ending in LL.

Attached: rodimus firestar.jpg (540x449, 20K)

>WE DON'T NEED NO EDUCATION

Attached: G1-dinobots-botcon2010.jpg (750x1131, 918K)

How dare you.

Press F for /our guy/ Skids

I remember when everyone went ape shit that All Hail Megatron was the worst comic ever and IDW couldn't sink any lower. Then they turned into THAT ("Have I told you I'm trans? I just wanted to let you know I'm trans. Deal with it, I'm trans! Are you assuming my gender? I happen to be TRANS!"). There's always something worse a comic can become.

With the power of toys, all things are possible.

What weird toy gimmick hasn't shown up in comics?

Attached: 1545262292180.jpg (400x400, 60K)

my main continuity.

Optimus Prime (basically like Primal, a middle aged military man and father to his man)

Hot Rod (the turbo revving young punk (and former delinquent) with leadership potential)

Bumblebee (basically the little bro of Hot Rods)

Ironhide (Optimus's oldest friend and a badass brawler with anger issues)

Wheeljack (comic relief mad scientist with ptsd)

a new female medic character who takes Ratchet's spot, haven't settled on a name, mostly a shrinking violet bookworm type.

Jetfire (basically the Han Solo rogue type, also totally Australian)

Decepticons:

Megatron (as Machiavellian as BW and TFA Megatron were)

Starscream (arrogant comic relief, less treacherous)

Shockwave (basically a Marvel/IDW esque take on him)

Cyclonus (loyal combat butler with a sense of honour and amnesia)

Thunderblast (comic relief henchgirl)

Quake (loud angry thug)

Conduit (gangsta chop shop medic)

Prime Masters.

Attached: TransformersEarthWars_Cliff_and_Liege_Maximo.jpg (640x480, 66K)

>What weird toy gimmick hasn't shown up in comics?

Beast Wars Mutant Heads? To be frank, I'm not sure what they were ever supposed to do in the first place.

There's Velocity, though.

Attached: 1551338530975.png (1206x1626, 1.03M)

I had toyed with Velocity but at the same time, i just want to create a new character. i mean every series should at least leave behind a new addition.

What have you been smoking?

True.
>TFP- Knock Out
>RiD- Strongarm
>Animated- Bulkhead, Lugnut, Lockdown
>Cyberverse- Shadow Striker ('new')

>I thought that the run in the IDW Transformers Comics was consider cannon to the original TV series?

What? No. There was a soft reboot miniseries years back called All Hail Megatron that did contradict a lot of what IDW had done up to that point, import a bunch of ideas from the 80s cartoon and use a visual aesthetic and cast of characters reminiscent of the 80s cartoon with the specific purpose of attracting fans of the 80s cartoon...

But it wasn't a sequel to the 80s cartoon.

basically yeah

>That's not just ANY planet-sized robot

Did you even read the IDW comics?

if he did, he wouldn't be asking now would he.

New issue is boring, holy fuck.

thread, for those (dis)interested

Why do people who don't read the comics try to teach other people about them?
zandergb.tumblr.com/post/47509563684/idw-tf-g1-guide

Attached: Transformers Starter Pack.png (816x1255, 167K)

Thanks

Attached: 1544859125971.png (320x240, 104K)

>autobots finally have a conehead of their own

Wait a minute, that bot...

Attached: Blurr TFA.jpg (240x470, 22K)

Yeah, and?

Attached: Cheetortranstechconcept.jpg (697x802, 104K)

She's pretty cute, though.

>tfw made your own headcanon continuity after IDW's went to shit
>Set 200 years after G1, when Spike Witwicky sacrificed himself and used Vector Sigma as a bomb to kill himself and Megatron
>Autobots have wiped out Decepticons and rule unopposed, and Rodimus Prime is the one beacon of justice in an increasingly corrupt government.
>On Earth, Predaking has resurfaced as the leader of the Predacons, a subspecies of Transformer that has evolved on Earth to incorporate organic material in their forms, intent on reviving the Decepticons by using a corrupted shard of Vector Sigma to forcibly convert Autobots. His first victim is Ultra Magnus, who becomes his new lieutenant Terror Magnus.
>As humans are now official Autobot allies, the council refuses to unilaterally act against the cell despite Rodimus's pleas
>Seeking an alternate solution, he tracks down Optimus Prime, who retired in disgrace and went into exile after the Witwickys blamed him for being unable to protect Spike. Convinces him to take a team of raw cadets to earth on an alleged training mission and helping them take down Predaking. Optimus reluctantly agrees.
>The team is made up of disrespectful, arrogant leader Windblade; Optimus diehard fanboy Hot Shot; wise beyond his years Rhinox, of the artificial Autobot counterparts to Predacons, Maximals; and Remus Pax, a failed journalist with a brooding habit.
>On Earth they befriend a brother and sister descended from Spike, who even centuries later still distrust Autobots and are raised to fear Optimus, though their opinion starts to change when he injures himself defending them from Decepticons
>And Wreck-Gar, now a TV host, offers his junkyard as their secret HQ so long as he's allowed to film their missions for ratings bait.
>But everything goes tits-up when Predaking meets Remus Pax and realizes he's the unaware reincarnation of Megatron.

Attached: 1550939788993.jpg (640x960, 226K)

>fuck the toy department

So Reverse Coonvoy, eh?
Why Remus?

There's a second Transformer reincarnated like Remus was, named Romulus; only he's an abomination of a Maximal made by the Autobot council using Spike Witwicky's "soul" to fuse with a new spark, similar to how Megatron became a part of Remus at his creation.

Once Autobot X, always Autobot X, I guess.

Why are there romantic relationships at all?

Why not?

>You never made your toys kiss
user, you alright?

>Why are there romantic relationships at all?
Transformers has a humongous female/trans fanbase on tumblr. They're very loud and they have the ears of most of the IDW creative and editorial staff. So a lot of decisions are made to appease them, though it's questionable if they actually buy the books at all (the rapidly declining sales numbers would point to them not buying the books).

I'd forgotten that was even a thing. I'll just pretend it's a reference I guess.

Attached: Hola oscuridad.jpg (650x355, 35K)

You know Transformers had relationships before tumblr, right

See I knew it. I don't want to read a yaoi comic.

"Sitting? Bit awkward with all my fucking kibble and contours, Prime."

???
It'd be no more difficult then sitting down with a backpack.

Attached: 038-Megatron-Robot.jpg (962x2048, 288K)

Optimus Prime - Obviously

Grimlock - Close to his Marvel comics and tech specs portrayal. Rival of Optimus, more ruthless.

Prowl - Mr. Logic. He and Grimlock don't get along, and he, like Grimlock, has issues with Optimus's compassion.

Mirage - One of the most interesting Autobots, yet frequently ignored. His aristocratic background and homesickness plus uncertainty of the Autobot cause, allows plenty of world Building and ambiguity.

Ratchet - He's an essential character IMHO, and balances against Grimlock and Prowl.

Decepticons...

Megatron - Obviously.

Shockwave - Like his Marvel comics portrayal. Is logical and considers Megatron irrational and detrimental to the Decepticon cause.

Soundwave - Seemingly loyal to Megatron but actually a snitch who spies on his comrades using info to blackmail other Decepticons.

Starscream - Because he's Starscream.

Thundercracker - The Decepticon equivalent to Mirage. He refuses to harm civilians, enjoys combat and showing off his superiority...but has doubts about the Decepticon cause.

Attached: 300px-Shockwavearealldead.jpg (300x431, 50K)

Transformers are shit. Comic,cartoon,toys and movies.

Badly written tripe for stupid kids.

I love how italy suddenly is as big as the usa and also its actual boot.
And the fact that it wields Australia as if it's going to punch something with it, like australians don't have it bad enough yet lmao

>BruceWayne
Sure thing, pal.

Great comeback skippy. Shouldn't you be studying for school?

Additionally:

Swindle - Decepticon War profiteer, who sometimes sells weapons to Autobots and even hum and.

Jazz - Because he is a cool character.

Sunstreaker - He's such a massive asshole you have to have him around to show there are some shitty Autobots.
Sideswipe - Because he's based and the cool jock to Sunstreakers vain asshole.

Runamuck and Runabout - Because they are funny.

Ravage - Like him as the intelligent speaking schemer of the comics.

Sounds solid enough.

G1 cartoon forks into two directions.
>US
After the cancellation of the original cartoon, Transformers was shelved in cartoons and only went on in toylines and the existing comics which were not canon to the cartoon despite taking cues from it.
The cartoon lore would continue in G2, a 90’s revival consisting of the original cartoon recut to familiarize the younger kids with the franchise and in the comics, where almost everyone who died was brought back to life and most died again. Violently. Megatron and Optimus worked together to end the threats of the new villain Jhiaxus and the Swarm, a hivemind byproduct of too much asexual Transformer reproduction.

After G2 comes Beast Wars, then Beast Machines. Some comics filled in the gaps between it all, but its questionable how canon they are.

Recent material like the Transformers Meets Star Trek comic and the upcoming Transformers Meets The Ghostbusters comic look like G2, but its also up for debate on if they can be considered canon.
Others like Transformers VS GI Joe begin with the G1 cartoon as the backstory, but are not canon continuations of it.

>Japan
Japan chose to kind of undo some of the shit from the movie and season 3, resurrecting a lot of characters but NOT killing them off again.
The Japanese cartoons followed the new toylines mostly.

It’d be too long to really go into depth about them, but they go like this with some manga, novels, toyline bios, and mini comics between.

Scramble City: Mobilization
The Headmasters
Super-God Masterforce
Victory
Zone
Beast Wars
Beast Wars II
Beast Wars Neo
Beast Wars Returns

American media gets increasingly serious after the 1987 movie. Japanese continuity tends to be far more silly, even when translated from more serious American media. Beast Wars Neo is like Samurai Pizza Cats in tone for example. Japan got G2 as well, I don’t know if they changed much.

Attached: 8A0CE541-EF3C-4801-97A7-83B9F23232D8.jpg (500x398, 57K)

Saved.

Apparently help kids understand they are still Transformers, as in robots, and not fleshy inside.

Kids were smart enough to get it though, so it was dropped. Except Tarantulas and Waspinator, their mask is their real face.

Spark crystals, sort of.
Sparks aren’t physical things you can hold, that you get your faction tattooed onto. Unless you count Rung’s photonic crystals anyway.

Rubsigns too I guess. They only showed up in a commercial.

Bump for evening folks.

Rubsigns have actually shown up in a few comics.
Plus Lockdown in Animated had one on his chest in the show.

Attached: 1524925390320.jpg (635x525, 78K)

I've been away for a long while: do we not do storytimes any more? At all?

You gotta check the catalog, user

Here's the storytime

Where do I start with IDW comics? I hear people shit on them, but that's mostly from Yea Forums, and we all know Yea Forums is a pit of cynicism and criticism, so opinions here should be taken with a grain of salt.

What I want to know is what are the top five series from IDW. I heard that the Wreckers mini-series is damn good, but what else? I thought I heard that More Than Meets The Eye was about the autobots and decepticons waging a secret war on earth taking full advantage of the "robots in disguise" concept and that sounds like fun. I've played through War and Fall of Cybertron so I think I might be good on that era of the civil war.

I'll start reading the original Marvel run, but Im usually not too big of a fan of older marvel stuff(or marvel stuff at all, honestly). All I know is that Skids gets skimpy car wash foreplay lol

Attached: Charleneskids.jpg (400x244, 41K)

>Spark crystals, sort of.
Beast Wars season 3.

More Than Meets The Eye is the one about (mostly) Autobots traveling through space under the pretense of finding the "Knights of Cybertron" while other weird shit happens

Marvel UK is great.:

Man of Iron
Questions of Leadership
In the National Interest
Dinobot Hunt
1986 Annual
Target: 2006
Wanted: Galvatron, Dead or Alive
Time Wars
Legacy of Unicron (includes origin of the Transformers)

As far as Marvel US, Budiansky's early work is great (alas he got tired and shat out lazy shit after a while):

The Last Stand
Warrior School
Shockwave arc is fucking great

Does anyone know what the new cast of characters will be for the IDW reboot comics?

For IDW, I'd start with Furmans -ations series, that's the one with the Autobots and Decepticons doing the secret war part. The Wreckers stuff is a given. More than Meets the Eye starts off as space adventures. Robots in Disguise is all about stuff happening is Cybertron. You can start reading both of these after Death of Optimus Prime. It gets hit or miss after Dark Cybertron, but Windblade and Till All Are One worth trying out. Rom vs Transformers is good. The other two ongoings get some name changes, but it's worth continuing post-Dark Cybertron until you get sick of it.

they are children's toys and all media are commercials to sell their products

yes yes, good for you, you've unveiled the nefarious plot behind 90 percent of media produced by anyone other than minor pretentious indie studios.

Quit being a nigger about it you fucking dweeb

Attached: 1Is5Ikj.jpg (1137x1012, 104K)

Transformers literature will never surpass this book. Cope and cry over your dumb IDW comics that are dying and will be forgotten about.

Attached: 8391165.jpg (314x475, 76K)

Sure pal.

Just ignore it.

Oh wow that's a blast from the past

>Japan chose to kind of undo some of the shit from the movie and season 3, resurrecting a lot of characters but NOT killing them off again.
Sounds like legit best timeline so far