Disney Lying About Captain Marvel Box Office Numbers?

>More controversy hits the net surrounding Captain Marvel as it is suggested that Disney may be faking the numbers and lying about the film's high box office reported to be $153 million domestically, with a $455.7 million global haul.

>Users on social media have been posting screenshots of their local movie theaters where screenings for Captain Marvel are empty. I can also add that none of my local theaters had sold out shows, including the Thursday previews, with 3D screenings being particularly empty (that I noticed).

Attached: RWE.png (1055x717, 1016K)

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/co/search/text/matthew mcgloin/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Greentext looks like news
>Source: My ass

How many times are you going to repost this stupid shit?

Attached: 1552238339842.jpg (1469x2885, 1.57M)

I will never believe anything from a person with the last name "McGloin"

Corporations don't mind losing money to support their political agendas. Gillette, Bud Light, and now Disney. Feminism disrupts the cohesiveness of families, making it easier for the corporate elite to implement their social agenda.

Ya'll did this shit with Black Panther and it still failed.

Lets entertain this thought for a second. We know the movie is going to make a billion dollars due to being a Marvel movie so how much could Disney realistically inflate the box office numbers? I'll be very generous and give you $200m. Wow a total drop in the bucket compared to $1b.

Aren't those numbers projections? How can you lie about projections?

So is this the same guy or what?
desuarchive.org/co/search/text/matthew mcgloin/

I just went and saw it in imax and the theater was almost full. At 7:00 pm on a weekday. Cope harder OP

The hilarious thing is I don't remember seeing ANY skepticism of Aqua Man's ticket sales to this degree.

I wonder what the difference is.

It has literally already been released everywhere in the world. There is no market that will make its number magically go up.

why don't movie studios just lie about box office numbers all the time if it's that easy?

The difference is more women went to see Aquaman

Which is fucking weird since I thought this movie was a white male genocide; wtf bros?!

This is the next coping mechanism - HAHA IT WON'T MAKE A BILLION DOLLARS, DISNEY FUCKED UP WITH CAPTAIN FLOPVEL

Nobody cared that there was a campaign to raise money for Samoan and other islander children to see the film either.

Five Stages of REEEEEEEEEEE
>1. ______ will flop; nobody wants ______.
>2. ______ is totally underperforming no matter what anybody says.
>3. ______ is totally a fluke and really not doing that well because of Hollywood accounting.
>4. Nobody ever said ______ would flop!
>5. (Next) ______ will flop; nobody wants (next) ______.

It's already half way to a billion.

Give it up. It's going to beat Alita, Wonder Woman, and Billy.

They won. You lost. Accept it.

Say it with me and be free.

YAAS

QUEEN

SLAY

I love "send kids to see movie" things, it's a pretty simply way to brighten a kid's day.

And when it does a solid billion they'll switch to "IF IT DOESN'T DO TWO BILLION IT'S A FLOP!!!"

You said this with Black Panther too.

*Ahem*
It's captain fungus

>Users on social media have been posting screenshots of their local movie theaters where screenings for Captain Marvel are empty. I can also add that none of my local theaters had sold out shows, including the Thursday previews, with 3D screenings being particularly empty (that I noticed)

Lmfao

I'm saving this

>Nobody cared that there was a campaign to raise money for Samoan and other islander children to see the film either.

Call me ignorant, but how many theaters are in the American Samoas? Sounds like a pain in the ass to fly like a dozen or so Polynesian children to the nearest theater a couple thousand miles away.

No no you have to keep the narrative straight - remember, it was CHINKS DON'T WANNA WATCH NIGGERS YOU SJW LIBTARDS ARE GONNA BE SO BUTTHURT!

Forget beating Wonder Woman, it's going to go and flush Aquaman at this rate.

Will EVS be forced to kiss Brie's fungus feet now that he's confirmed to have been BTFO?

>It's going to beat Alita, Wonder Woman, and Billy.
I love how Alita was only dragged into the conversation after the actor for Billy said all those faggots were full of shit. So that destroyed the whole "Back the REAL Captain Marvel!" bullshit they were pushing.

I think Alita actually did worse once these incel fucks started pretending they cared about it. Thanks, assholes!

No, I said that with Black Panther because the Chinese are a huge market, and tend not to like black people, but surprisingly went to go see it anyway when it was released later.
The situations between the two movies literally have nothing in common.

Bros...is he gonna be okay?
Is there actually a volume 2? How obsessed was this clown?

Attached: 1552333347277.png (1463x2128, 3.28M)

this thread already got deleted.

>Will EVS be forced to kiss Brie's fungus feet
He'll be too busy starting another kickstarter for his book. How many is that so far? Three? Four?

>The situations between the two movies literally have nothing in common.
user both movies had /tvpol/ shitting their pants for months and months and months about how it would be a massive fucking bomb. Same shit about Disney buying tickets, too.

Real talk? Alita was a worse movie than Captain Marvel. It sucked ass and EVS's cronies backing it reinforced the stereotype that they're all casuals who only care about entry level manga and anime.

>China hates blacks, so it's going to flop over there.
>The movie cast is like 98% black, worldwide audiences aren't interested in that.

The narrative switched to:

>E-Ethnostate! Wakanda is an example of an ethnostate done right!
>Only reason why it crossed a billion is because of blacks!

I don't know what the guy looks like, but he's not a producer, is he?

Youtube was a mistake.

HE MUST KISS THE FEET AND APOLOGIZE.

Didn't he used to draw comics? What happened to him? Drug problems or something?

I'm glad they got such a cool guy to be Billy. I want Shazam to atleast do alright.

Do you understand the difference between "a prediction" and "a narrative"?
I also predicted Aquaman to flop, because who gives a shit about Aquaman? That was anither surprise.

>Claims to be spearheading an alternative to mainstream comics
>Produces less than fucking Lackadaisy Cats
If he actually gave a shit about being an alternative to mainstream comics instead of shilling his shitty Battletoads rip off he would find some struggling webcomic writers/artists and funnel money and support their way.

But no. Comics will be saved by his precious graphic novel due out when Hell freezes over.

Fuck that autismo and fuck casualgate.

Right, the current narrative is "we never said BP was going to flop"

Why didn't they lie about Solo's numbers? Or Mary Poppins? Or A Wrinkle in Time?

He found a crowd of ignorant casuals to present himself to as the messiah of western comics.

I fucking hate how Alita keeps getting dragged around as a punching bag to be held against Captain Marvel by a bunch of faggots desperate to spite the movie because Brie Larson hurt their feelings. I'm not a contrarian dickhead that'll retroactively hate it because those fucks pretend to like it, however, but it probably taints the perception of the movie in the eyes of others when its touted as GOAT by a bunch of smelly weirdo conspiracy nuts.

Because Captain Marvel is more important to the culture war

>He thinks 1/5 is a drop in the bucket.

But I literally just said "I expected it to underperfoem in the Chinese market". There is no "narrative" here, changed or otherwise.

Didn't he say recently he didn't even finish scripting it? Shouldn't you at least have a script before you beg for money at all? I've seen guys asking for little on FINISHED BOOKS, that don't make goal.

>there is no narrative about BP
You're either really new to Yea Forums or really disingenuous.

Even if they are lying, who cares? We need more strong women representation, and so fudging a new numbers to stir up interest is necessary. Or do you want cis white male heroes to be the norm for all eternity?

More important than fucking A Wrinkle In Time?

Really?

Christ, you people are batshit insane. Are you flat earthers and antivaxxers too?

Attached: 1537657882770.jpg (612x1270, 280K)

>More important than fucking A Wrinkle In Time?
Trailers made that look weird, I don't know what you're getting at.

He doesn't actually care about creating a way for artists and writers outside the mainstream to get their work out, he only cares about his own vanity whether its getting his 90's passion project off the ground or being the figurehead of his own casualgate cult.

Given that its starting to hit a BvS slowdown I don't see it cracking a billion but it might make a little over/under Wonder Woman so it'll still be a moderate success.

no one cared about Wrinkle because it looked like crap and no one was going to see it anyways

That's what you said about Captain Marvel.

>here are the numbers
>source: my ass

Ya te vi, Punisher Panther

Are you believing the other article by this same pedophile for that "slowdown"?

"Monday drops" don't fucking matter.

Comicsgate is such a fucking embarrassment.

/pol/rat fanfiction, pathetic and cringe

I mean that's hardly news

Attached: comicsgate in a nutshell.png (588x798, 457K)

>I want to make sure my channel is for comics only he said
>It'll be free of stupid drama shit he said
Fuck Carol but fuck outragefags even more

Attached: 1550635717191.png (635x471, 275K)

I'm surprised they still exist at all. How gullible are kids who watch youtube all day?

I know actors and actresses usually have their own band of creeps that are into some weird shit and obsess over them for whatever reason, but this is somehow genuinely disturbing.

Dude these people have their audiences wrapped around their fingers.

Attached: Hamburger Helper.png (1300x835, 949K)

>I'm surprised they still exist at all.
Culture war faggots will thrive as long as idiots can make money off of other idiots

This is kinda sad, what went wrong in his life to turn out like this? Drugs? Severe mental illness?

CM was a terrible, that's what should worry fans and Disney the most. MCU phoned it in with this one, despite the fact that they marketed it as a feminist icon. At least BP was watchable.

He realized being a mediocre artist on the Big 2 would make him less money in the short term than being a glorified tabloid channel on Youtube

If reports that he's as cock hungry as people say are true, he's probably been in the closet too long and just went nuts. He's "friends" with Mike Miller, who might become violent if he ever came out.

The Mike Miller who wrote this.

Attached: electric tigers yugioh.jpg (550x977, 204K)

Jesus, EVS really went down the deep end in a hurry. Even Dixon is better than this, and he actually did a Clinton smear job graphic novel adaptation and did a (iirc ) Wall Street Journal piece crying about how comics are too liberal and not for kids anymore.