Disney Lying About Captain Marvel Box Office Numbers?

>More controversy hits the net surrounding Captain Marvel as it is suggested that Disney may be faking the numbers and lying about the film's high box office reported to be $153 million domestically, with a $455.7 million global haul.

>Users on social media have been posting screenshots of their local movie theaters where screenings for Captain Marvel are empty. I can also add that none of my local theaters had sold out shows, including the Thursday previews, with 3D screenings being particularly empty (that I noticed).

Attached: 17544685763456.png (1055x717, 1016K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=i6Xz4D_oBuQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

More like /x/.

Never know it could happen and in this day and age most are going to fake something weather be this movie or some documentary or some tv show.

Can you imagine being this detached from objective reality?

The users on social media post photos of theatres with different timestamps to when the movie actually begins. This is ridiculous

Jesus Christ, not every movie theater is going to be packed. There are a lot of places where going to a movie is a big hassle cause they are like 30 miles away.

When I saw the Lego Movie 2 my theater was totally packed.

Just because some people experienced outliers doesn't mean shit.

455m is way too much considering all the empty theaters.

Dumb

Would someone explain to me why a billion dollar company would lie about their profits. It does not make sense to me.

Yes, a dozen empty theaters means that the film is actually a flop and any report of it being a success is a mass conspiracy that Disney has concocted with the consent of thousands of theaters around the world, which has managed to stay completely silent despite the literal thousands of people who would need to be involved with this in order to make it happen on every level.

But that's the thing, they're reporting ticket sales, and Disney is buying all the other tickets.
It's like a Hot Dog salesman being his only customer on a slow day.

Captain Marvel Derangement Syndrome.

Denial

This is some Alex Jones Sandy Hook-tier conspiracy shit.

Sort your fucking life, it's just a movie.

proof or die

>anecdotal evidence is proof

Guys I'm alone in a public bathroom right now; do people even go to the bathroom anymore?!

Hypothetically it’s to get more people interested in the movie. If a movie is perceived to be popular, more people see it because it is popular thus making it more popular.

More valuable to investors, more people will watch it.

How come they only do it for movies with women or black leads?

text me ur location bby

Eventually somewhere down the line, the MCU is probably going to start losing steam. No franchise can keep up a critical and commercial winning streak indefinitely.

But expecting Captain Marvel to be the one that finally flops is wishful fucking thinking. It's the film that comes immediately before Endgame. Of course a lot of people are going to flock to see it.

Are you comparing a company inflating sales numbers to the obfuscation of the murder of 30 people? Not even a Sandy Hook theorist, but you're as dumb as a nigger fucking a beehive.

How do you know they don't do it all the time?

How the fuck could Disney be lying? They're not the only ones that take these numbers. You guys are just embarrassing yourselves at this point.

This.
Marvel would NEVER, EVER use shady tactics to inflate sales numbers.

Attached: 1543777302601.jpg (800x800, 129K)

OP conveniently left out that the guy who wrote this article boycotted the movie and is now trying to save face because it didn't do shit

youtube.com/watch?v=i6Xz4D_oBuQ

>Cosmic Book News

You know the drill, Yea Forums. Take your HRT:

Hide and
Report the
Thread.

$153 million is good domestically, but not great. Its the foreign sales that pushed the opening weekend so high. Disney structured the foreign release so that it occurred in all major markets in a span of 3 days. Most of Marvel's films have rolled out internationally over 10 or more days, spreading the release revenues out. This could result in a greater drop in revenue next weekend and beyond. Or not. This isn't Yea Forums, why are discussing sales numbers of a film?

Well Wrinkle in Time fucking flopped

It's the same level of delusion.

Notice how none of those show the movie actually playing? Theres no way to confirm those are anywhere near showtime.

Or maybe it made tons and they lied and said it flopped.

You're really thick

>russian bots are now watching capitan marvel

Literally what

>using your cellphone during a movie
Literal subhuman scum.

Look up Enron. If they can get away with making themselves look better then they actually did they will
Not to say that this CM stuff is too or that it’s large, but you’d be surprised how much fudging goes on in business, usually not to a large level

I haven't seen a full one for CM on friday or sunday. Then there's the numerous people that have pictures of the same. It's more than a dozen.

Did Aqua Man's sales have this level of scrutiny?

This many post and I'm the faggot who has to say it?
Where's your fucking sauce?

Think about it.

>a movie that makes "number of the year" somehow has no noise nor actual report of said success with pictures, only official statements
>yeah that's totally normal

Do you believe vacines cause autism too?

Buzz. People will go see a successful movie, they will avoid a movie that isn't bringing in bucks. They also have a lo riding on this movie what with their aggressive marketing and the fact that they want to use Carol as a main character in post Endgame MCU verse.

This is why I can believe the opening numbers; it literally opened everywhere in the world on the same weekend, which is pretty unusual.
Unless we discover some lost continent with movie theatres, opening sales are likely to be the final sales. There's no ither market that we're waiting for the numbers to come in from.

The first time I've seen shit like this posted, it was a from a fucking Wordpress website of all places. Since then, they've taken to leaving off the source altogether since everything always leads back to cosmicbook whatever or some outrage farming Youtube cunt's blog.

Friendly reminder the 'empty theaters' is just a fucking meme that these idiots are parroting because they can't accept a movie is making money

Attached: 1552162454958.png (633x710, 500K)

No. The complexity of covering up the deaths of 2 dozen children does not even compare to people getting liberal with a sales chart. Eat shit and die; you have no right to live if you're this retarded.

Oh well, I stand corrected. It's a flop because some user says so. Silly me.

I mean if the theaters supposedly empty who cares?

You lack critical thinking skills.

Some clickbait shithole just like all bullshit Yea Forums articles

I'm pissed, I wanted to go watch this but Bob Iger bought the last seat

No because/tv/ is full of pathetic DKeks

>Pedo McGroin still this obsessed about Carol
Dick Rider NEVER EVER, incel

BUT DOOD
MY THEATER WAS EMPTY

There's about as much evidence of a cover-up in both cases. Therefore, equally delusional. In order for you to not be completely 100% bugfuck crazy you need at least some compelling data, and you have none.

Aquaman was released internationally in most markets in span from Dec 12 to Dec 21, with the China release being Dec 7.

Captain Marvel was released in all major markets, internationally, from March 6 to March 8.

This compresses the release revenues into a single opening weekend, compared to other film releases, like Aquaman.

clearly some other movies have managed to sneak their empty showings into miss marvel

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 21K)

This

I showeded up 3 hours early and there wasn't a soul in the theater in fact one of the managers told me to leave because they "weren't open yet" I think it may have been one of those theaters Disney is forcing to only play Captain Marvel

I'm not defending either conspiracy; just one is way, WAY more easy to swallow than the other.

Yeah, the Sandy Hook one. Right?

I think there are empty theaters cause theaters earn 240 millions usually this time of the year but they have got 180 millions since Captain Marvel is the only film they're showing so they can't fill up the theater for every film screening

The numbers could be more or less correct but the theaters could be empty sometimes and theaters in America are losing 60 millions because of Captain Marvel