SU: The Movie

>Ian Jones-Quartey will work on the movie's story

>Events will take place prior Diamond Days

>Surprise Paul McCartney cameo is not a low possibility

>Release date is October 2019

Attached: SU_The_Movie.png (2048x1145, 2.11M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=B19jQXuB1BU
twitter.com/ianjq/status/1020744219030274048
youtube.com/watch?v=57y-4P-P218
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Events will take place prior Diamond Days
This is going to be the Regular Show movie all over again.

Attached: 1491255048722.jpg (636x651, 39K)

[citation needed]

Except the Regular Show movie was made simultaneously with Season 5 and 6 AND it wasn't airing/made after the finale as if that finale hadn't happened yet, it was released during Season 7.

Don't be a retard and compare this garbage to RS.

At the very least I thought it was confirmed to be before the finale. Or planned one since they decided to milk it further.

What was wrong with the RS movie? I stopped watching Regular Show way before it ended so I honestly wouldn't know.

Not him, but he's retarded because there was nothing about it that was like the SU movie in regards to it coming out after the series wrapped up, it came out in season 7 and was being made during the two seasons before that.

As a fan I was just disappointed with how more childishly executed a moral was than usual. Rigby "having to say sorry" was a pretty cheesy way to handle a movie where two main character friends have a huge falling out. Apologizing sure but the way they worded it was that he need the word sorry specifically. It felt a notch below the writing the show usually has during that brief period near the end. Otherwise it was written fine and even had good animation during space fights.

>>Events will take place prior Diamond Days
wow so what the fuck is it even about then?

it must end with status quo right?

a self contained story about a new gem whose voiced by tara strong and will probably be obnoxiously grating

thankfully we're on a board where obnoxious characters get posted nonstop and she might even be a fotm because maniacal girls make Yea Forums hard for being submissive and annoying screechy voices

>thinks this will take place during the war
>the movie
>there's an actual villain
>it's mainly Steven being Gem Jesus... AGAIN
>he will talk to her "NO! VIOLENCE BAD! WE GOOD! WE DON'T WANT TO FIGHT"
>Villain turns good
>roll credit

it's going to be shit and people that still think that this is good writing from a person that doesn't know how to make convincing fighting scene will get praised once again for doing nothing. In other words, this will be shit, and people will continue to eat her shit for praising such a shit series.

>maniacal girls make Yea Forums hard for being submissive and annoying screechy voices
stop calling me out like this

Attached: 4239403.jpg (600x600, 40K)

Faggots are already revising how the reception to the finale went as "unanimous praise on Yea Forums what a feat!". This place manages to get more insufferable even after hitting rock bottom.

this literally started on /trash/sug/ as someone posting a fake link lmfao

I have no idea who the fuck could be hyped for this movie. Not counting that we've had every major story arc and mystery wrapped up, we've seen Steven fight the toughest enemy with words.

If this takes place prior to Diamond Days, who cares because you know nothing of impact will happen since we've seen the aftermath.

If this takes place after, who cares because all the Diamonds are on Steven's fucking side for back-up, plus an entire army, plus Steven beat White already with his God powers.

What am I supposed to be tense about seeing some villain laugh maniacally? As if she stands a fucking chance.

honestly wouldn't be surprised if they write her off at the end in a dark-ish sad way, and then Yea Forums parades it for being "more than just a kids show" and deep like they did with maximum capacity or even the finale

Source?

>and then Yea Forums parades it for being "more than just a kids show" and deep like they did with maximum capacity or even the finale

can you fuck off? most people here were shitting on the finale as it aired.

>If this takes place after, who cares because all the Diamonds are on Steven's fucking side for back-up, plus an entire army, plus Steven beat White already with his God powers.

nah, it could work as some kind of "general gone rogue with a lot of defectors"

I've seen children on here pushing that everything after steven's gem was removed and before him combining with it again was too dark for kids and that rebecca had balls. Only one of those things is true.

Will anyone care about it in October?
After the underwhelming finale no one has talked about it since then.

>lol I'm so edgy
>sugar looks mannish see ecks Dee

I remember more or less a shitfight starting around the "SHES GONE" -moment and if it was authentic or not.

personally I think that produces more entertaining interpretations.

>though calling out pink diamond on her cowardice either way is okay

Christ you're fucking retarded.

SOURCE?

Post a source or fuck off.
>a self contained story about a new gem whose voiced by tara strong and will probably be obnoxiously grating
>Tara Strong
Do we actually have any sort of confirmation on that?

Pretty sure we did around the teaser or announcement articles coming out.

Rebecca Sugar would never have an actual voice actor on her show. She'll probably get Madonna to do the fucking thing.

Her obsession with shitty icons (political beliefs or just singers with them) is awful. She got lucky with Garnet because Estelle apparently can do it well enough (sometimes when she tries to emote its obnoxious) but then you get Sardonyx and shit.

I really gotta wonder what the upcoming movie is even gonna be about

What could possibly be left

Just episodic stuff pre finale. Post finale like I guess we're getting with Season 6 is just milking everything because people don't know how to say no even if they just wrapped up their series. 5 seasons was enough. I guess the movie being its own thing is fine but season 6 sounds retarded.

We already know what it's about. There was even a tie-in comic prequel mini series. But what does Yea Forums know about comics anyway?

>But what does Yea Forums know about comics anyway?
You really have to push what you find funny into any situation huh.

>tara strong
>actual voice actor
>not a pushy jewess who hogs all the career vehicles she can find

But would Rebecca want someone whose main gimmick is getting attention with her breasts? It's not in the same way a comedian talks about her vagina either.

Deedee, Shelby, Michaela, and Kimberly are great, though. Unless you mean the big name characters, but some of them have been decent too. BD and Rose were good choices.

just shut the fuck up man i've had my fill of bad opinions today

u ok buddy?

Attached: hey buddy.png (1220x633, 295K)

Yeah, Deedee is pretty great and I forgot about Rose. BD has a lovely voice but her accent keeps slipping.

Please be true. He seems to have been the only cause for any stakes or action in this show.

All the Diamonds' voice actresses were great.
Especially Patti, I can't get enough of her voice.

It's just a shame we only got one song from them, but I guess you gotta save some shekels for the animation, no matter how shitty it may look.

>t's just a shame we only got one song from them
Why the fuck would you want MORE songs in Steven Universe? They're awful but now Rebecca's ego has been stroked since she got singers to sing her awful lyrics.

Lmao, you’re right. SU lyrics are shit but I did like it’s over isn’t it cause Pearl’s VA is amazing

Anyone expecting more than Naruto: The Movie semi-canon lore tease with pretty animation and a few shoehorned in movie only OCs is gonna be disssppointed something fierce.

>I did like it’s over isn’t it

>with pretty animation

Attached: 1536176460614.jpg (235x203, 26K)

Where can I listen to more Deedee, her voice is really cute.
Does she have a soundcloud or something

Attached: 1474601856880.png (348x301, 75K)

I ask myself if he will complete his golden dream of make of Peridot Steven's endgame

Attached: Peridot endgame.jpg (1915x927, 129K)

shit taste as usual

most powerful gem ?

Attached: a.jpg (2048x1152, 95K)

All I have is this

youtube.com/watch?v=B19jQXuB1BU

yo can't wait for steven to talk another villain into submission and render all previous conflict farcical but this time on the big screen!

>we've seen Steven fight the toughest enemy with words.
He didn't even do that, his very existence was enough to win the Diamonds over eventually.

Why Paul? Why involve yourself in this garbage?

based

It's also mentioned on SU Wiki, so that's a high possibility.

twitter.com/ianjq/status/1020744219030274048

Here's the source.

You'd need to go to actual Broadway.

Maybe but at least he's gonna make Greg/Pearl canon sooner or later

Attached: Chille_Tid_73.jpg (1920x1080, 165K)

I'm gonna trust you man...the film could be bad but not pure garbage

Doesn't matter, the show is dead

Can someone explain this meme to me?

that's one of the reasons i'm excited for his input in the movie, the man has taste

Wait, he shipped Steven and Peridot?

Someone posted a fake link about Paul McCartney being in Steven Universe Movie some time ago and afterwards every SU Movie rumor has it just for shitposting. It has sort of become an in-joke in /sug/.

i wish rebecca had enough balls to sacrifice some diamonds and do this.

her VA is actually irish tho?

no but he was one of the only people on the staff who actually cared about peridot

She is his favorite character, in fact he probably created this character and he obviously shipped her with Steven. Have you watched OK KO? Here is the short version: youtube.com/watch?v=57y-4P-P218

Dendy is nothing like Peridot. Damn, that green ratgirl is more Peridot than Dendy

It's about some filler gem the Diamonds planted on Earth thousands of years ago to take over the planet quietly, then never got a chance to actually use.

Stupid, didn't you hear her saying Cloud? like you're a clod...or didn't you watch the video?