Could he beat Superman?

Could he beat Superman?

youtu.be/iFUtAdo9my4

Attached: A4A0B8F3-B1ED-4AEB-812B-8E6D4E703C28.png (1936x4662, 2.66M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uKRpAECFSzc
youtu.be/sFi_RzsKajA
youtu.be/8fZMV79TK0I
youtube.com/watch?v=56OFdp-DGi4
youtube.com/watch?v=2LLIOEYWOdo
youtube.com/watch?v=NK4YbzLuNDM
youtube.com/watch?v=IwmIs7kWVmQ
youtube.com/watch?v=sFi_RzsKajA
youtube.com/watch?v=VsvOUdirmTQ
youtube.com/watch?v=QE1ScwL4Jmo
youtu.be/l1tbVTlZnNo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Not even at his best.

Why would Dante fight Superman?

Attached: 601150_20190309035519_1.png (1366x768, 1.36M)

I love DMC user, but why are you trying to start a fight with people if you wanted to discuss the game or story, you could have just make stealth thread, not start a dick messuring contest

Because Superman defenders on Yea Forums get the most easily assblasted

Could he beat elementless Ozai?
youtube.com/watch?v=uKRpAECFSzc

Attached: 20190308211320_1.jpg (1280x720, 137K)

Let me guess, the guy is not even close to Superman but he got 2 extremely hax abilities and/or weapons that are in some way limited by the game mechanics but lore wise he can span freely?

Nope

Full hand-to-hand combat i said.

He can stop time and kill Satan at his best

youtu.be/sFi_RzsKajA

Which is weirdly on point because Superman ran hell at one point.

Yes

Cutscene Dante is impossible to kill and has a giant magic arsenal of demonic weapons

He could easily crush any opponent that relies primarily on physical force. Applied forces too, like lasers/energy weapons would also do nothing to Dante. All his weapons are magical, and he's demonstrated current-Superman levels of strength. He can move at the speed of light and literally just teleport if he doesn't want to do that. He has a healing factor that heals him fast enough to prevent bisection even as the thing bisecting him is still passing through him. Yes, Dante could fuck up Superman and pretty much anyone who doesn't use powers related to psychics or even more powerful magic than he has.

Attached: 1547936023133.jpg (1476x1196, 284K)

What happened to the brown hair Dante?

In the trash where he belongs.

Dantefags are worse than Naruto fags who constantly screech about Naruto can beat goku
None of the characters in dmc are stronger than wonderman

>wonderman

?

Attached: Wonder-Man-Marvel-Comics-Avengers-1.jpg (500x1018, 86K)

I meant to type wonderwoman but whatever none of the characters in dmc can stand up to a semi serious wonderman

Attached: image.jpg (900x1367, 248K)

Cutscene Dante is borderline toon force

>none of the characters in dmc can stand up to a semi serious wonderman
Please keep in mind that Dante literally sells Pandora's Box tier doomsday weapons on the regular because he doesn't need them. That's the canonical explanation for where all his shit goes between games.

Also he has a sentai watch that enables toonforce tier abilities.

Attached: VJDante.png (540x578, 171K)

>Cutscene Dante

DMC is one of the few series where the shit you can do in-game is 10x more insane than the cutscene stuff.

Ahh including non canon shit and shit he doesn't have
It's too bad none of that is impressive compared to the shit wonderwoman has

I think you're just gay

Attached: 657567.gif (200x147, 1.17M)

Isn't Superman weak to magic?

No he just doesn't have a great resistance to magic

Reminder that one version of Satan/Hell/etc. =/= all versions of Satan/Hell/etc.

Literally nothing in DMC or Viewtiful Joe contradicts Dante's Viewtiful Joe storyline.

>Please keep in mind that Dante literally sells Pandora's Box tier doomsday weapons on the regular
you mean shitty weapons with no feats that aren't impressive compared to the weapons the justice league has

Probably not. He's pretty tough, but he's not near Superman tough. But, on the other hand, if he doesn't get taken down immediately he might be able to get off some hits, which depending on whether or not demonic power counts as magic may or may not do some damage.

He's not weak to it, he just doesn't have any particular defenses against it like he does against other shit. He's as vulnerable as the average joe.

Nero harvested his edgy chadness and made it his own.

>Dantefags are worse than Naruto fags

Not even close

>no feats
Why are you acting like the games don't happen in the games?

In theory he has the tools, Quicksilver stops time and Yamato magically cuts through anything. But he wouldn't for a lot of reasons. Even ignoring his altruistic nature, he's too much of a showoff to go for the instant-kill sneak attack he would need to use to take down Superman.

Attached: DantesheathsYamato.png (1280x720, 687K)

>he would need

He has Royal Guard, he could easily just toy with Superman and be in no danger. Dante can teleport too, it's not like Superman is faster than he is.

Yes, but it's like 10 hax abilities.

Why the fuck are you comparing Kiryu to that baby faggot Ozai?

What's stopping him from being cut in half?

Ultra density is Wonderman's thing, if anyone can prevent himself from being cut in half it's him. Yamato could probably do the job though.

youtu.be/8fZMV79TK0I

Attached: 065B9147-5880-4EA0-9C96-114CA6C3ECC6.jpg (878x564, 40K)

Superman isn't faster than him, but he can travel further distances at that speed. Dante's flash step and teleportation have range limits. So if they were both fighting seriously (and assuming Dante wasn't putting anyone else in danger to activate Superman's plot armor), then it would just end up being a stalemate with Superman needing to stay out of Dante's range.

Attached: dante-artfx-statue.jpg (556x600, 48K)

It's all science though, he'd need to be magically tough to stop Dante's weapons. If he could put himself back together after being cut that'd be different, but I don't know if he can or not. That sounds like something "ionic energy" could do, but It's pretty vague.

Superman? Maybe. I'd rather see him against Lobo though.

I dont give a rat's ass about power levels. Only autists care about that kind of thing. I'm more interested in seeing Dante interact with DC characters. If there's any interesting fight potential with Dante, it's with Billy

Attached: SHAZAM!.jpg (1000x1292, 184K)

Probably a better fight, and both sides would actually be willing to fight each other.
How fast is Lobo?

For the last slice of pizza

True, and since his invulnerability is magic the writer can't just ignore it.

Dante was like the most powerful hero in Marvel vs Capcom

Why would he wanna fight him if anything they'd be friends.

I do not have many examples of Yea Forums that are at a convincing level of hand-to-hand fighting, although I suppose The Punisher could still be one.

>Darkstalkers top tier guy shows up with supposedly crazy feats while also having an infinity stone
>Dante makes him his bitch and essentially saves the universe by fucking over Ultron

Easily.

Attached: captain marvel ko illegal alien.jpg (414x492, 43K)

Jedah? Dante was beating his ass even before MVC.

Attached: fighting_evolution__jedah_by_udoncrew_drz2ct.jpg (688x1044, 220K)

This, make Frens not War

Attached: 902.jpg (1000x800, 61K)

Ozai can't do shit without fire bending, he's a terrible pick. Not to mention Kiryu is constantly bathed inf lames anyway, elementless how? Just say Crime Daddy Iron Fist, that's more accurate.

Can Superman beat Doomguy?

What did you guys think of V?

youtube.com/watch?v=56OFdp-DGi4

I don't know as much about comics as cartoons, my friend.
But thanks for the info

Attached: 2019-03-04_23-43-35.png (697x393, 569K)

>"Now Dante, you've had three slices already and I haven't even had one yet."
>"You snooze you lose Big Blue, around here it's first come first serve."
>long drawn out scene of them each take more and more extreme measures to stop the other from taking a bite.
>The pizzeria is destroyed.>Trish ends up getting the slice.

Attached: Dante__s_Pizza_by_engelszorn.jpg (300x384, 50K)

ty sensible apu

Reminder superman is stronger faster more durable and has a way better arsenal of equipment

Like what? Her generic sword and shield with no magical effect? Her lasso that compel people to tell the truth? Her invisible plane? Those are pretty lame in comparison to what Dante had at his disposal.

>stronger
Yes
>faster
sort of
>more durable
debatable
>better arsenal of equipment
Interesting. Examples?

Did you mean to say Dante?

Superman is mftl dante is barely ftl

Dante couldn't even save Cerberus from Balrog.
;_;

where does it say that anyway? All it mentions is he used to have Cerberus weapon

Before The Nightmare novel.

The plane is more interesting than people give it credit for, since it can take any shape she wants.
The lasso is also unbreakable, but she'd still have to get it around him. Which, honestly, he probably wouldn't try too hard to avoid because he's into that kind of thing.

Attached: dantechain.jpg (573x780, 117K)

Is that what explains that supposed DMC2 retcon? How does that work anyway? Is Lucia still a thing in lore?

Yes, but his reaction time is able to keep up with Superman, and speed gets wonky when you implement teleportation and timestop.

He is invulnerable to magic like Superman is invulnerable to physical attacks. Neither Superman nor Shazam are truly invulnerable. Their claims of invulnerability is just DC using it as an excuse to explain why their clothes arent damaged by superhuman attacks. Superman literally has been beaten death with nothing but pure physical force.

He was cute. I'm sad that he's never, ever coming back (and honestly if they asspull a way to bring him back it will only cheapen the character, like Shadow after SA2).

Vergil in 5 has grown on me but honestly that's really strengthened by how cute V is.

Attached: 1552389446853.webm (960x760, 2.9M)

Yes, they both have a limit to their defense, it's just absurdly high.

Her bracelets of submission that deflected Darkseid'senergy attacks and capable of using zues's lighting
Her lasso of true which can't be broken snapped of cut which can erase memories and implant commands that must then be obeyed

>Is Lucia still a thing in lore?
All the side chicks are still a thing in lore. DMC's like RE. Nobody important ever dies. Capcom actually fucking respects their characters unlike most companies.

Beats me, sorry. You'll have to check in on DMC threads for more specific answers because I've only seen the Cerberus parts.

I do like how Vergil is still a bit of a power autist but has a soft spot for Nero from his time as V. Despite pretending that Nero means nothing to him during the Dante fight he sounds a bit hesitant during the actual fight with Nero

...Hmm, reread the post I replied to.

Highly doubtful. Mundus was basically the Trigon analog of DmCverse. And we all know that Superman will lose to Trigon if they ever fought. Dante already defeated Mundus in the past. Current Dante is significantly more powerful than that. Only character in current DmC that poses a legit threat to Dante atm is Vergil.

He was still plenty autistic but leaving Nero the book sealed the deal that he actually does care for him in some capacity.

Not even the GOAT track:
youtube.com/watch?v=2LLIOEYWOdo
Reminder that even if V comes back somehow all his pets are dead.

Attached: 1552207063573.jpg (624x1215, 80K)

>Yes, but his reaction time is able to keep up with Superman,
Dante hasn't seen or fought anything nearly as fast as superman
>speed gets wonky when you implement teleportation and timestop.
Quicksilver slows down time it doesn't stop it and I don't remember Dante being able to teleport

Teleport is a later abillity of Trickster.
Quicksilver slows time in game, but cutscene Dante can use it to bring time to a full stop.

Dante fought a mythical horse that could manipulate time. That has to count for something.

He does have pretty bad reactions though and tends to tank hits in favor of dodging them.

Him quoting William Blake constantly was the best part.

No one in dmc has showed Superman level feats
the best feat a dmc character has is creating a universe of unknown size with nothing in it

Are you seriously claiming that someone that already have superhuman speed along with the ability to slow down time like Zoom wouldn't make Dante just as fast if not faster than Superman? We already seen Zoom solo the entire JLA effortlessly with his time powers.

>He does have pretty bad reactions though and tends to tank hits in favor of dodging them.
He tanks hits he knows he ca take. He dodges just as often as he doesn't.

probably, cause Magic is one of supermans weaknesses

>Her bracelets of submission that deflected Darkseid'senergy attacks and capable of using zues's lighting
>Zeus's lightning
Motherfucker Dante uses a demon god of lightning as a poking stick.
>Her lasso of true which can't be broken snapped of cut which can erase memories and implant commands that must then be obeyed
Doppelganger Style hard counters the shit out of the lasso, to say nothing of Quicksilver which would let him use it on her. Wondy should seriously stop carrying around her greatest weakness.

It's not a matter of who has the bigger number, it's matter of rock paper scissors.

Don't certain heavy attacks break RG?

>Dante can use it to bring time to a full stop.
Show me when that happens
Yep

youtube.com/watch?v=NK4YbzLuNDM

HOLD UP

this...is the best reason to pay 10 extra bucks for a game
youtube.com/watch?v=IwmIs7kWVmQ

Dante literally rode a motorcycle into hell to kick endless demon ass after killing Satan. Let's see Superman do that bullshit.

Not if you're awesome and perfect counter

Only if you can't perfect guard.

>tfw he shit talks the bosses from DMC4

Attached: laughing.jpg (500x500, 138K)

Starts strong but legitimately goes to shit when it becomes a Pokemon battle theme.

>Dante hasn't seen or fought anything nearly as fast as superman
New enemy in 5 is

That enemy actually warps space time so he's faster than Superman. Also the Blitz in 4 was as fast as light.

Doomguy did the same shit except he's been going at it for eons
Let's see dante do that bullshit

>Let's see dante do that bullshit
Why would Dante need to fucking take eons? He isn't a bitch.

thats why its good

Yeah it would take dante a supereon because he's a wuss

Nah and I like Pokemon music. Cavalier is way better.

Here so this autistic arguing can stop
Cosmic Armor Superman Erases Dante

Attached: 848277-tr5.jpg (546x876, 109K)

Don't shit on Diana. She's basically DC Dante. Hax abilities, a power ups form, a horde of magical weapons. And has gone toe to toe with nearly everyone in DC and either won or did well. Put some respect on her name my guy!

Cosmic Armor Superman can only destroy evil things. Dante is a good guy, so he's immune.

That's wrong and even if it was true he can still just trap dante forever remove his powers and all sorts of stuff

You people are overthinking this to an absurd degree.

Would Dante beating whomever be stylish? If yes, then he does it. The end.
He runs on style, that's the basis you need to judge this on.

>A literal plot device
Viewtiful Dante has protagonist powers. Cosmic Armor Superman loses by necessity.

Perfect Guard works on everything and Also Juggernaut mode would be 100% to all of Supes attacks as Dante doesn't even take knockback or damage when using it.

Attached: dmc4565685685.png (557x605, 188K)

I remember the salt on Yea Forums when this came out

Superman would be a snack

youtube.com/watch?v=sFi_RzsKajA

Cosmic armor Superman also has protagonist powers and he's a literal plot device

Dante got defeated by the Demi-Fiend tho

no, but Dante could beat a lot of the street level heroes easily

youtube.com/watch?v=VsvOUdirmTQ

Dante isn't fast enough nor durable enough. He has a chance if he uses quicksilver in the right moment and doesn't goof around. Superman can break hyper time, breaking time stops is not that much of a big deal.

We really need a DMC/Bayonetta crossover. It would be fun as hell.

If you have to ask, then it's too late.

Is so bittersweet some of the characters got their original themes remixed but others didn't like why the hell does King Cerberus has generic dubstep when he should had a remix of suffer, at least one of the fights against vergil should had a remix of Vergil second battle theme from 3 and the proto angelos should had been introduced with a remix of ultraviolet.

Attached: 1316406441246.jpg (224x172, 7K)

There's Devil May Cry tie in comics and an animated series, it wouldn't even have to be stealth.

is meh at best they should had remixed this
youtube.com/watch?v=QE1ScwL4Jmo

the DMC1 comic is incomplete though, the company who made it went bankrupt before finishing it. So is the DMC3 manga, but that one was left unfinished because the artist quit.

Literally when you get Quicksilver you moron.

youtu.be/l1tbVTlZnNo

He's weak to magic in the same since we're weak to bullets.

Why the fuck would Dante and Superman fight

I want to see them fight demons together now

I would have also accepted Baroque and Beats, which is in of itself an homage to Ultraviolet

I think his sword and bullets count as magic, so it’s definitely possible.

It's as effective against him as it is against a normal person, so it's more like magic just isn't something he's resistant to, unlike most things that aren't kryptonite or lack of sunlight.
A normal fire probably wouldn't hurt him, but a magic fire would cause the same amount of harm to him as it would to a human, magic swords and bullets should be just as effective against him as they are against a human, etc.

Certain heavy attacks only break RG if you time it wrong. It can block anything as far as we know.

Dante was just dicking around with him, though.

Attached: dream team.jpg (978x1417, 399K)

You only say that because you've never seen the crazy shit Diana's done with the Golden Lasso.

Except the rocks are still falling
Superman is somewhat resistant to matic he did survive getting shocked by magical lighting multiple times

Still with this retarded narrative.

Attached: superman cut by deck of cards.jpg (648x1023, 292K)

It's comics, magic lightning isn't an instakill unless it specifically is, not even non-magic lightning is, otherwise Black Lightning and Static Shock would have a huge bodycount.

What are some characters that could beat Virgil in a fight?

Attached: IMG_20190313_002625.jpg (503x637, 59K)

He can't fucking stop time. Quicksilver only slows time down and its effect quickly degrades. In the cutscene you can clearly see this.

That's not teleportation. That's just body flicker, a japanese concept of high speed in short burst.

Attached: animebelike.gif (297x168, 888K)

I wonder if V is a shout out to demi-fiend? Both are covered in demonic tatttoos and can summon demons.

My headcanon explanation for this is it's an immunodeficiency issue. We humans lived here on Earth with all kinds of wizards trying to wreck everything every hundred years or so, so we all just developed a natural low-level tolerance to magic. It's not much, but it's enough where a normie can work through an enchantment with just willpower.

Krypton didn't have magic though, so Supes lacks this immunity, and so magic hits him like a truck.

As soon as you realize that Superman can and has moved millions of times faster than a thought can process in a healthy brain without ever getting fucked with by the speedforce or even breaking a sweat, you realize that Superman is literally unstoppable and nothing can beat him.

Dante.

The question is why Superman allows himself to be hit with magic, or anything at all.
Magic especially would take time or effort by design; Superman's so powerful he doesn't really need to take either to get shit done.

Lost to Darkseid and Doomsday, 2 non speedster that are probably even slower than Batman.

He cannot, but Superman wouldn't stand a chance aganist pic related.

Attached: Final-Fantasy-XV-Royal-Edition.jpg (1920x1080, 362K)

>and nothing can beat him
A non-meta guy like Batman did.

And that's the biggest paradox of Superman. His only weakness is the writer's ability to nerf him for drama and convenience.
He's also got instances of poor writing on his own side, like that time he travelled tens of thousands of light years in a couple of minutes like it was no big thing.
And let's not forget that he's capable of lifting objects of infinite weight.
Arguing about who's stronger than Superman is pointless, because Superman's been on every power level at least once as a part of his normal abilities, and will continue to do so.
At his highest seen and canon limits, he's been seen to do things that are on par with a limitless god.
Knowledge of this shit renders any moment of weakness asinine and calls into question why he suddenly has the powers he should always consistently have, but clearly doesn't.

DmC and DMC are different.

Well, can't argue with that. I think Lightening can too since they both are the most powerful from FF.

If superman wanted to kill Batman, Batman would be dead. He could roast the planet from space before Batman would even have the chance to react.
Or just push Earth out of orbit and really fuck shit up.
The "but batman beat him" argument is a testament to Superman holding back and Frank Miller's hatred of Superman, and has never held up beyond that. This is one of the reasons why his fight with Batman in BvS looked and felt retarded.

Attached: R4ASS0LBY_ADTTu4VivQk29sBErdx-y5z6klIwmt9VA.jpg (500x250, 59K)

Superman won in BvS.

You always use this stupid bullshit whenever anybody threatens your gay homo fantasy lover. You might as well use supergod or thought machine superman for powerlevel wanking at this point, or better yet just end every superman book with him oneshotting everybody including darkseid and the flash while you're at it.

It's not like Batman wanted him dead either and he still defeated him anyway.

Don't have much knowledge about her. How strong she is? Noct is already pretty op.

>It's not like Batman wanted him dead either and he still defeated him anyway.
Poor logic. Batman knew he didn't have to hold back to not kill him.
The only thing you're suggesting here is how bad you want the batdick.

>better yet just end every superman book with him oneshotting everybody including darkseid and the flash while you're at it.
Why not? He's obviously capable.
Superman is DC's biggest narrative problem. Deal with it.

She wasn't anything special in the first game, but they made her too powerful in the second sequel (I'm still not sure why this game got so many freaking sequels, though).

If we ignore thr sequels, she's not any close to noctis' level.

>I'm still not sure why this game got so many freaking sequels, though
It was that whole Nova Crystallum shit they were doing. My guess is they wanted all of their future FFs to be open for sequels.

I unironically loved FFXV's dungeon design across the board and hope they keep that designer on board.

>they wanted all of their future FFs to be open for sequels
I hope they don't make sequel for FFXV. It has such a great ending and I don't want them to ruin it like they did with FFX.

Nah, they won't. They've already written off two of the three second batch DLCs (except for Ardyn, thank Christ). They're probably planning 16 right now.

Donte could

Dante is what wonderwoman would be if comic books or comic book movies had interesting fights

I sure hope so. With it being such a huge success, I worry that they will be too greedy and I heard that Japanese fans are already asking for a sequel.

Vergil will always be a giant autist desu. at least now he's able to kinda sorta express his love for his family in his own autistic way.

Depends on who's writing it and how it's written.

Wrote Batman wrong

It's surreal what they did to Yuna in X-2. She was like a complete different character.

>and I heard that Japanese fans are already asking for a sequel
Sequels are most of the time are bad idea and I don't understand why people demand them.

So, it's a one hit kill

>character so weak that he can only be OP in a cutscene, thus undermining how terrible the gameplay is
>being capable of beating superman

yikes.

Attached: 1549849358136.jpg (888x666, 307K)

How many game characters can beat Superman?

Less than you'd think. There's plenty of ridiculous JRPG character with that kinda firepower but they're all villains trying to destroy the universe so they activate his plot armor.

>Superman isn't faster than him,
user, he can move so fast he can catch up to people that break time.

Trigon shits all over Mundus and Urizen.

>Superman is DC's biggest narrative problem.
>While fucking Dr Fate is right fucking there.

You don't read comic books, don't you?

Can't argue with this.

Who else, tho?

>Twins
>They do nothing alike

Also this was best Dante

>he can only be OP in a cutscene
Buddy haven't you played Mahvel?

Confirmed for having never played one DMC game

>They do nothing alike
Fraternal twins, m8.

You're retarded, they were identical twins in previous games, literally the same model for both. Now they don't even look like they're even related

Taking his personality/design aesthetic into account, would Dante fit better in Marvel or DC?

Attached: F9335D0D-A874-4A7B-9D0D-B7E3F54F026A.png (573x933, 339K)

Anyone has that image of Dante throwing Bayo into the trash? I don't hate Bayo, but that made me laugh.

It's been over 20 years and one of them undergoes a lot of magical transformative bullshit so it's not that weird. Plus they weren't identical in DMC1.

>Who else, tho?
Super Mario. I dare anyone to argue otherwise.

Marvel.
Superman has issues killing fucking Parademons.
Only Marvel can let him slaughter mobs.

DC has better demons to slay.

Marvel has more magic and he might have a better chance at banter with the assholes at Marvel.

>Who else, tho?
The majority of superpowered characters in games can defeat him.

Vergil's a jobber who has to come up with elaborate plans to raise demon towers and trees to actually get stronger.

if the spell is a magic bullet thats strong enough to kill superman then yes but if you just take a normal bullet and make it a magic bullet then it would still bounce off of superman like a normal bullet