Steven Universe

Yea Forums did White Diamond have a good resolution/was her handled good, was she entartaining and was she given enough time in the show?

Attached: white diamond.jpg (1324x2048, 310K)

I think it's interesting how it was making her blush, putting some color on her, was what did the trick. She was very entertaining while playing the villain role and her confrontation with Steven and the other Crystal Gems was the highlight of the finale. Great design and VA.

>and was she given enough time in the show?
But no.
I would have liked to see her start becoming relevant earlier e.g. White Pearl is present during The Trial.

Basically this. Diamond Days in general was rushed, but still a really good arc. The best one to date is still the one where they go to get Greg, but as for White Diamond yeah I would've liked to see more of her. Hopefully we do going forward.

White Diamond only gets points for being super fucking cute. That's it.

But she's a completely botched villain if they end things at CYM. Just no time as an antagonist and Steven still talked her down in the end, which they promised wouldn't happen.

Attached: 1548708728150.png (603x581, 392K)

I wouldve preferred if she mind controlled the CGS, Diamonds and Steven and Connie had to leave. End the season on a dark cliffhanger.,

I LOVE MOMMY DIAMOND

Absolutely not. That ending was nonsensical.

MOMMY
O
M
M
Y

Yeah, as fucked as Pink's death seem to be for her you'd think she'd show up in person to watch her killer's trial.

Right up getting Talk no Jutsu'd I was all in. Don't get me wrong I still beat off to her but, you know how it is. My heart's just not in it anymore.

Attached: 1534133204440.png (2800x2000, 1.43M)

That's the point, showing no emotion is how she viewed herself as superior. Once Steven was abl to crack through that shall it all fell apart.

Emotional logic used to solve a problem in a show driven by emotional logic? Heaven forbid! Steven should have killed her. That's the only response I, the smart user, understand.

Goddamn can you imagine slipping your tiny human dick in between her giant milky white titties

I like how everyone who defends how white diamond was defeated follows this false dichotomy of either Steven talks no jutsus her or he kills her.

Like holy shit, he can talk to her her, but how it was written was bad.

Haha u weirdo she's like 100 feet tall plus she's a cartoon come on don't tell me you're into sexy cartoon giant ladies haha like who even does that haha bro could you imagine knowing someone like that irl haha

Attached: 1549757138596.png (1600x1046, 1.43M)

Attached: f6e9ec893c4bd6e667d330338e794bf241c85c9e.png (1800x2100, 992K)

the only thing that mattered was awakened steven. that's the real shit.

>have interesting villain concept with good buildup
>immediately fuck it up/have them job within 10 minutes
Why do modern cartoons do this

Yes.

>"emotional logic"
>d-don't hurt my friends!!!
>asspull shield
>White Diamond built up as an actual threat so she can have an autistic meltdown in 2 minutes and lose
>braindead snarky quip as a closer
>>>logic

Yeah really smart stuff, it's not like they couldn't have just had an actual reasonable debate or anything because that would imply competent writing

Attached: 1552300541617.jpg (700x734, 80K)

Attached: 3FA882F8-AFD4-4074-A13A-F46A6462091A.jpg (800x851, 188K)

IIRC, they did say WD would be his greatest obstacle up to that point, but they never actually said Steven wouldn't be able to talk her down.

I thought she had a good resolution because the fact that she and her sisters got away with being space dictators scott-free sincerely delights me, and the outrage of the rabid, virtue-signalling tools in the fanbase tastes pretty sweet. She was entertaining enough, but she could have benefited from more time in the show (like every non-Townie element). Also, legs.

Attached: 1550719029139.png (1055x2089, 311K)

Moot points all
I have found myself more moved from toothpaste commercials with all of the pretty people in lab coats demonstrating a superior technological utopia in order to sell me the same minty flavored paste I remember from the eighties. Doesn't matter if she was introduced/executed/resolved really well (she wasn't) all I get is 'we tried really hard!' (they didn't) and just buy that this is remotely beneficial, new, and relevant to you.

He spent more time dealing with Connie being mad at him

I love how that arc was entirely about the Diamonds and yet we learned next to nothing about them. Where did they come from? Is White just the first Diamond or the first Gem entirely? Why are they so ravenously expanding across the galaxy?