Hahaha Danvers. You'll Never Fly. There's a reason its called a COCKPit

>cringe

Attached: captainwomncandoanything.jpg (318x158, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

navy.mil/local/sapr/atlantic-agraphicnovel-singlepage.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=DHl6Jsgq600
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Fighter pilots tend to be obnoxious twats, like bikers, coincidentally.

How come she mastered flying instantly during orbital freefall?

I can't imagine how most of these jokes will be adapted to other countries' languages.

Powerful stuff.

t. Couldn't become a pilot

Girls can handle a cockpit

Puns like that are too much work, so most of the time they just make it a generic "flying is only for men" sentence.

>Japanese
>"A women must remain grounded while men's cocks soar!"

I'm sure you have first hand experience.

Because no one ever talks like that? I mean, at least not in the last half decade?
They might have well have said "Hey Guize! That Stupid Woman Is Doing Man Stuff"

The word cockpit was originally a sailing term for the coxswain's station in a Royal Navy ship,[3] and later the location of the ship's rudder controls.[citation needed] Cockpit first appeared in the English language in the 1580s, "a pit for fighting cocks", from cock + pit. Used in nautical sense (1706) for midshipmen's compartment below decks;[4][5] transferred to airplanes (1914) and to cars (1930s).[6] From about 1935,[citation needed] cockpit came to be used informally to refer to the driver's seat of a car, especially a high performance one,[7] and this is official terminology in Formula One.[8]

In an airliner, the cockpit is usually referred to as the flight deck, the term deriving from its use by the RAF for the separate, upper platform in large flying boats where the pilot and co-pilot sat.[9][clarification needed][10][clarification needed] In the US and many other countries, however, the term cockpit is also used for airliners.[2]

The seat of a powerboat racing craft is also referred to as the cockpit.[11]

The coxswain (/ˈkɒksən/ KOK-sən) is the person in charge of a boat, particularly its navigation and steering. The etymology of the word gives a literal meaning of "boat servant" since it comes from cock, a cockboat or other small vessel kept aboard a ship, and swain, an Old English term derived from the Old Norse sveinn meaning boy or servant.

>women aren't allowed to be fighter pilots
>movie takes place in the 90's
>women weren't allowed to be fighter pilots in the 90's

Protip: the movie movie does not take place within the last half decade.

>I flunked out of airforce academy

The movie wants the young audience to believe that women were oppressed in the 90's. It's so forced.

>cuntpit it is

Don't care to, I hate flying, fighter pilots tend to be egotistical fags anyways, so fuck 'em.

Sure do, I've met people from every branch of of service, and I can usually spot those wannabe ace fags before they even open their mouth.

Everybody else that flies seem to be alright, I'm best friends with a couple of ASW officers.

Would that be like the Vic Viper?

Attached: Vic_Viper.jpg (900x648, 713K)

It took until 1993 for the US air force to have a women fighter pilot, so...

There are literally a dozen women who go to Redflag every year, you're full of shit.

Sorry,
Last Half Century.
Please forgive me?!?!?!

>women can’t be obnoxious twats

Female empowerment movies are just abuse movies sandwiched in contextually appropriate fluff. Girls have sexual fantasies about getting treated like meat and trash regularly. They just don’t want to have consequences for it.

I don't give a fuck if they're shemales, my experience with them is that they tend to be shitbirds.

I thought that this was a "god bless white america" type joke but no one seems to be denying that this dialogue was actually spoken in this film.

And then you would be fired for sexual discrimination, something that didn't happen in the movie.

Point being is that no fighter pilot would ever actually say that because they fly with women constantly, all the time.

I don't understand women

It's real. Oddly enough it's kind of the only politically charged line in the whole movie.
It makes you wonder if it wasn't just thrown in at the last minute.

>people in one profession can't berate people working in the same profession

Were you dropped on your head?

Wasn't this back during the nineties?

Yep, and she was gone for six years so this was early 90's, probably before 93 if is correct

The only people dropped on their heads are the ones who believe a massive fucking liar like you are.

>The only people dropped on their heads are the ones who believe a massive fucking liar like you are.

Nice comeback, I would have settled for a 'Yo momma' joke too.

It's not a comeback, it's a fact.

>Men are bad: The movie

Well, all the shilling paid off I guess, since it made money. I'm still more interested in the REAL Captain Marvel movie.

Okay.

No man would ever day such a thing, claims board that would say such a thing.

That's the thing: The movie ISN'T that, there's no mention of the politics surrounding it at all.

That was the only thing in the whole movie that even remotely came close to it, and it's a single line of dialogue that you would miss if you weren't paying attention.

It really does feel like the Yaas queen slay aspect of it was thrown in at the last minute for marketing. No other part of the movie even acknowledges that she's a woman. The Skrulls don't care. The Kree don't care. No one else cares except Joe Blow Fighter Pilot #2 off-camera at this one scene.

Yea Forums is probably the last board on Yea Forums that would say that, actually.
Yea Forumsumblr is a meme for a reason.

You're in the right place.

Yea Forums: Where everyone will argue racism and sexism don't exist while complaining about Sheboons.

She wasn’t a fighter pilot in the movie you asshat. The movie iterally tell you that her and Monica were test pilots because women weren’t allowed as fighter pilots.

Sexual discrimination is crime, saying something like that can make you lose your job or even worse.
The movie should've been set at the 50's.

Stop lying on a mongolian basket sewing forum, ya damn fagget.

What's the problem with racism and sexism? They help to build countries.

>Yea Forums, where redditors complain about a board they hate.

Oh damn you’re right nobody in the military is sexist at all or does anything illegal ever damn you got me

From the movies you'd think Carol's entire life was just a constant stream of misogyny until she met Fury. It'd be depressing if that's all she remembers out of her past experience with the opposite gender.

The military is too busy forcing men to wear high heels and implementing "pregnant training"

How come you can't? You're weaker than a girl?

Yeah. Not having a woman fighter pilot is the same as "HEY BITCH YOU BELONG IN THE KITCHEN" being yelled at you.
Or the yelling her father did when she wrecked the go-kart.
Shit, Carol faced nothing *but* male oppression until she met her black girlfriend.

Thanks, I did wonder why it was called "cockpit".

She disappeared in 1989, so the flashback took place AT LATEST the late 80s. Probably earlier, since it seemed to be when she was still at the academy.

I'm perfectly willing to believe someone would have said that in the mid-80s.

95. they straight up said she disappeared in 1989

Test pilots are generally older USAF pilots in very good standing who care more about a 10k a year raise than they do the 2000% increase in risk of death. Practically all of them are the best of the best past their primes, with years of experience under their belt, and for good reason.

What insight into issues can someone who has never actually flown in service provide? Why would they make Carol a test pilot, when they could hire an older, single man with two decades of experience that could tell them "this doesn't work correctly and here are some potential safety issues I can see in these circumstances"? Fighter pilots are not allowed to be unknowledgable retards about the things they operate, especially not Air Force pilots. The USAF is incredibly anally retentive about what they have to know in order to fly.

The cockpit scene is from her memories, not present day. Meaning it was before she went missing aka in the 80s.

>U.S military
>not burying complaints of sexual harassment and discrimination

To this day we're still bad about dealing with this shit.

>We're told everyone in her life didn't believe in her and pulled her down.
>Except for the guy we see believing in her and vouching for her throughout the whole movie

Many countries know english. They will just use cockpit.

Let’s make this Yea Forums related
>navy.mil/local/sapr/atlantic-agraphicnovel-singlepage.pdf
Paid for by your tax dollars

In all honestly, the nature of the project actually makes the fact that they chose these test pilots in specific kind of a brilliant move.

If you put a guy with decades of experience flying into that "plane" we saw? Eventually he would have figured out that there was something fucky going on, because that's not how jet engines work. You needed a rookie you could train from the ground up who wouldnt key in on the fact that this technology was too advanced, even for an experimental plane.

oh, yeah i thought that was a given. i thought you were saying what year the movie took place in, oops

Not just didn't believe in her, but actively held her back by belittling her.

It's pretty obvious that Fury was cast into the role of The Ally™, a shining example of positive masculinity in a sea of shitlords. Think of the "one girl" who was nice to the loser male lead in a forest of sluts and stacies. Same concept, just reversed genders.

t.infantryfag that can't last ten seconds in a firefight without needing Airstrike

I watched the French version. I think the equivalent was about how women should only use broom handles (slang for the joystick inside a plane) in the kitchen.

Mary-sues learn everything instantly.
>Shit, Carol faced nothing *but* male oppression until she met her black girlfriend.
All the problems of a mary-sue are other people's fault. Peter Parker and Tony Stark struggled with their selfishness. Carol struggles with other people being bad to her; she is purely a victim, she did nothing wrong.

It says a lot about the movie's audience actually.

Attached: rey.jpg (1280x720, 135K)

>Wanting a soldier with nukes for arms to be able to control their emotions is belittling them
>Pushes for her to serve when the SI considers her a potential liability
>Goes off-script when she's in danger
>Is still proud of her development even after she wrecked the Kree army

If they wanted the character to be unlikable, they did a poor job.

Good god, you are really trying to force this narrative.

There isn't a single main character in those movie that is opposed to Carol on misogynistic lines. Her enemies are Skrulls, and then Kree, who fight her purely based on her side in the war. There are half a dozen male character that ally themselves with or otherwise actively help Carol throughout the movie.

The only negative masculine example the movie has is that one guy who appears for 2 seconds in a flashback. Thats it.

Your attempt to draw some kind of battle line here is so obvious and forced its downright pathetic.

>Point being is that no fighter pilot would ever actually say that because they fly with women constantly, all the time.
That has never stopped anyone from being an asshole toward their co-workers.
Please provide source of user being dropped on the head. I hope it's peer-reviewed.

>>Men are bad: The movie
Uh ? no ? and by that I mean no !

Movie has several good men and even bad women.

Her father.
That air force training guy.
And so on.

I don't even have problems with the premises that she had trouble because she was a gurrrl.
It was just badly presented by poor writing.

Of course, it seemed to have been written by committee so....

She had experience using her power all those year when fighting with the Krees.
>Shit, Carol faced nothing *but* male oppression until she met her black girlfriend. Untrue.

Except Carol Denvers Clearly in't a Mary Sue.

>The only negative masculine example the movie has is that one guy who appears for 2 seconds in a flashback. Thats it.
You had decent points up until this line. That's "not it". Her dad, all the other recruits, cockpit guy, biker dude, all build a narrative that no single male had ever stood up to her before she lost her memories.
Sure this is just a minor dent for the movie but the fact that you try this hard to deny it is also pathetic.
Also I'm not whoever you think you're answering to friendo, more than one person can disagree with you.

Her Brother was also nice for trying to get her to slow down and not hurt herself

>all build a narrative that no single male had ever stood up to her before she lost her memories.
But that's false.

There’s the scene where the guy bugs her to smile which I’m convinced was added in reshoots because of the trailer but I agree with you.

>I’m convinced was added in reshoots
I wasn't.
Men telling ladies they should smile is already a rather old trope.

airforce has the highest rate of rape of all the branches of American military

Yon-Rogg was the most interesting character in the movie but I think that’s more to do with Jude Law’s acting than what was in the script.

Sure, I just think it might’ve been put in reshoots based on people complaining that she wasn’t smiling in the trailer.

Flight was never one of them she had experience using you worthless retard. Try again moron

Look at the demographics of fighter pilots some time. 99% white male. A jet is just about the only area of combat a woman can match men in with any degree of reliability. They lower morale and effectiveness in every other branch they're shoved in.

There were no reshoots at that time

Her dad is implied to be sort of an asshole, too. But he may have just been upset that she crashed her go-kart and could have broken a limb.

She never flew in those 6 years with the Kree

Am I mistaken, or is her character arc basically
>I was held back by white men my entire life
>no wait, I was brainwashed. Nobody actually held me back and I did everything I ever wanted
>now I want to fly and shoot some guys and help these poor colored people I just met

Also
>illegal aliens are bad, I will hunt them

Isn't "cockpit" basically what a woman is though?

pretty accurate description of privileged liberal women

They were allowed to be fighter pilots from 93 an onwardd but Carol disappears and gets taken by the Kree in 1989.

You do know that women weren't allowed to be fighter pilots until the early 90s right? Carol was a pilot in the 80s.

Oh, so this isn't an ironic style Raimi post. Well that sucks.

I enjoyed seeing the movie twice.
I wish they had used some other term than "Lightspeed engine/drive" like Intergalactic Drive or something, in light of the fact that people could already cross the galaxy in 24 hours. Or they could have explained the limitations of Kree jump technology that made the drive valuable.
The whole "I'll ask this Fury guy questions only he would be able to answer, not that I know any of the correct answers" was an odd way of info-dumping Fury background, I guess they were playing with one another.

Good chemistry between all of the actors, solid performances. Good fight choreography, though the fight on the Kree Battlecruiser was too dark and had too much glowstick/lazor shit going on. I could have lived without "Canyon ship chase scene #124"
Overall a 7/10.

P.S. the whole "Men are acting like dickbags, that is sooo unrealistic!" would be more convincing if you guys weren't spending so much effort being dickbags about the movie.

Attached: 1399896362699.gif (387x300, 1.89M)

*just a girl starts playing*

Attached: large.jpg (500x313, 20K)

>this thread
what is it about being in the military that turns you into an obnoxious know-it-all?

just the Chairforce son

>I created a bypass by ripping parts and wires out
I wouldn't have minded Rey fixing the Falcon if the people writing weren't complete imbeciles.

Her only real complaints in the movie were:
"Airforce won't give me a mission", which they literally would not do "becuz female".
And the Kree not giving her a mission, which they wouldn't because they weren't sure their mind-fiddling had taken completely yet.

they get yelled at a lot, so they need to vent

>tfw you never find out who the dicktoucher was

REMINDER the first female combat fight pilot was ran through training despite being a shitty pilot and crashed her plane into the ocean and died.

I thought that the scene was going to be a joke. She would act all excited about "BYPASSIN THE COMPRESSAH" but then Han would chew her out for fucking everything up. But then everything was fine? I still don't get it

Citation?
Because the first US pilot to fly combat as a woman is in public office, and the first woman to command a combat squadron is a Brigadier General.
The first female combat pilot worldwide was a Turk who ran a lot of missions.

People have made alternate cuts for it.
youtube.com/watch?v=DHl6Jsgq600

I can vouch for that garbage. My wife works in the blood bank/laboratory on base where they run various bodily fluid tests for doctors and there'll be obnoxious men coming in insisting (to women's faces) that they want a man to do their tests because they'll be sure to do it right, as women aren't as qualified.

Gotta remember that they had Threepio and Artoo to communicate with the ahup's computer in the OT, both of whom were absent in TFA, therefore it makes sense that Rey, who'd mentioned knowing about the compressor and its effects on the ship, knew where it was and that it needed to be shut off.

You could tell they were trying to be as in the nose as possible with that one

I believe this user Over you. You sound like a lying faggot who's trying to hard. My dad was a high ranking officer in the Air Force and I regularly visited his air base with him, I didn't hear a single fucking "haha, fuck you FEMALE" bullshit line a single fucking time.

You can just admit you're shilling for the movie because you're insecure about reality.

>Flight was never one of them she had experience using you worthless retard. Try again moron
Except you literally see her using her power to move in the void, when she break the hull of the Skrull ship.

see

>But he may have just been upset that she crashed her go-kart and could have broken a limb.

It was pretty clear to me that Dad didn't want her out there because she had a history of being reckless. She didn't know what the fuck she was doing. Case in point: Brother tells her she needs to slow down, Carol immediately speeds up and crashes horribly. She could have been killed. It's completely understandable that Dad would panic and get angry.

Carol constantly does shit without thinking, and we're supposed to see this as her being strong and independent. It's the same shit Jude Law was trying to teach her: she lets her emotions control what she does, and as a result she hurts herself or others.

There is nothing more I want to see in Endgame than Carol trying to go Angry Ham on Thanos only for him to very calmly push her shit in because she never learned to control her emotions.

I'd fly in her cockpit

That was using photon blasts for thrust. There’s a fine line between that and actual flight.

People would have to be really stupid to say something like that in front of their CO’s son

Are you female