Becomes Spider-Man because of the guilt he felt when he had the power to save his uncle but didn't do it for selfish...

>Becomes Spider-Man because of the guilt he felt when he had the power to save his uncle but didn't do it for selfish reasons
>Lol everyone is Spider-Man now and you better accept it
This movie kinda took the uniqueness of Peter Parker away.

Attached: Spider-Verse-Peter-Parker-Spider-Man-EW-Photo-Header.jpg (1400x700, 106K)

He was never unique. That origin story is shared by over a dozen heroes. Even Batman.

Peter Parker remains unique. Just like Miles remains unique. Just like Spider-ham remains unique.

The whole point of the movie was that you are not alone in your uniqueness, in your suffering, and in your guilt. Peter Parker was, and is supposed to be, an everyman. Anybody can be Spider-man/Spider-woman given the right circumstances.

the guilt just made him accept the "great power comes great responsibility" thing
if someone else already knows it, or learns it without someone dying, then they can be superheroes as well.

>Just like Miles remains unique
Lol

They're not really unique though if they all have the same copy pasted motivation and they all look alike. If everyone has great power, no one has.

Calm down, Buddy

and what part of being guilty for not stopping a criminal that coincidentally went on to kill your uncle has anything to do with using spider powers to fight crime? that's peters origin, not any user of spider powers origins you dumb racist incel

What? I'm calm. Where did you get the idea that I'm not?

Way to miss the entire point of Spider-Man buddy.

Sir, please calm down, you are making a scene

>Lol everyone is Spider-Man now and you better accept it
who forced you to watch the movie?

not being self-important about your pain is a major part of spider-man I think you've missed

i think he means you're doing syndrome's shtick.

>If everyone has great power, no one has.

Is the alt-universe cut out yet?

I mean miles already wanted spiderman before seeing his uncle die.

Guilt is a major part of Spider-Man and what makes his character unique in the first place. If anything you actually don't get the point because you accept everything Spider-Man labelled as long as the suit fits.

If everyone's so special then
Maybe you can't be what you want to be
Even through the falseness and
Contempt you breed
Your life is yours, so live each day
Do you need to be special to feel okay?
You're searching for the answers
You will find them all
In time

Batman did not have the power to save his parents as an 8 year old

Says who? That bitch could have jumped and bitten Joe Chill

Then Chill kicks or pistol whips him. Dead parents + dead kid. It's nowhere near similar to Peter making a conscious choice to not get involved.

That guy had a gun and was ready to fire though.

Why does it seem like spiderverse is a pleb/retard filter?

IM NOT SCARED

nigga "great power = great responsibility" can LITERALLY apply to anyone or thing.

It's not outside the realm of possibility that anyone can be Spider-Man. In fact that was kind of the point. Even MJ jokes about that in USM.

Because a lot of the fans are plebs. And I say that as a Spidey fan who lives it other than most of the non main-two Spideys bening kinda flat

John Mulaney is a funny guy

Are you unironically arguing for copy pasting motivations and background stories? Of course I could copy paste Peter's motivation on every character but that doesn't mean I want to because it doesn't serve a purpose and only cheapens the story of the OG character.

i've been saying this forever and you'll just be labeled a racist/sexist

all the spidermen/women running around kill the uniqueness of peter. has nothing to do with spider-verse or even miles & bendis. it's just beating a dead horse

just like having too many batfamily and superfags running around. but modern comic writers are a) lazy and/or b) want their royalty bux

some people hate it because its animated.and wanted it to fail (facebook, reddit)
some people love it because it has the name spiderman on it and they self insert as the characters (tumblr)
some people know its crap, has terrible pacing terrible motivations terrible everything, with only peter and the overall style being actually good (Yea Forums)
some people just want to fuck the spider loli (also Yea Forums)

MCU have gotten people used to turning off their brain during a movie, so anything requiring any thinking is bad writing now. Even something like fury road had people asking questions like "why do people listen to immortan joe?"

What ever happened to 90's Spiderman Unlimited??

reddit loves spiderverse wtf are you on

Spider-man should've been black from the start, about time someone fixes it.

Attached: 1548037316981.jpg (900x1200, 1.21M)

Based and wokepilled

Ok, ok... Hear me out...

> black spider gwen

based and truthpilled

>outing yourself as a redditor
i dont go there so wouldnt know, thanks for the info sir.

Attached: Spider-Man..jpg (560x315, 20K)

I'm fine with Spider-Verse. I'm fine if they want other people to be spiderpeople, whether it's an AU Gwen Stacy, a regular schoolboy, or a loli in a robot. Anyone can be a hero.

But there'll only really be one Spider-Man, because Spider-Man is Peter Parker's type of hero.

Yes, Peter is an everyman, who everyone can relate to. But over the story, he became his own character, and that character has all the elements synonymous with Spider-Man. You can't really separate the two - if you're crawling walls and shooting carefree wisecracks and worried about letting people down, people are gonna think of Peter instead. It's why the Miles Morales comics have such backlash, because they figured it meant killing Peter off and slapping the parts that made him, him, onto other people. Like salvaged parts.

I wish the angle had been to make these characters their own, instead of something that audiences will always see as in Peter's shadow. We can have a Spider-Noir, we can have a Spider-mecha, we can have a Spider-Woman, we can have a Spider-Miles. Spider-Verse didn't say Peter isn't the Spider-Man, if anything it was reverent of that in a lot of ways. But I'm afraid of less talented writers abusing this, and going the way of the comics and try to replace Peter; that'll undermine the original and put a chip on the shoulder of his follow-ups.

It's like how no incarnation of Robin has to be a new Batman, they can be their own hero. It's the difference between the writers respecting that a character is following another one's footsteps, and the writers trying to destroy the past to build a new future. The former is the way to go for new characters; the latter leads to division

Attached: surprised_spiderman.gif (224x168, 981K)

Good spin. The shills are getting better

Dude you really need to chill out

Attached: 92904785930ß.jpg (1280x720, 82K)

>some people know its crap, has terrible pacing terrible motivations terrible everything, with only peter and the overall style being actually good (Yea Forums)
So the ones that are in the wrong. Good to know.

Attached: 1369520730434.png (725x684, 354K)

I absolutely agree, user. Miles Morales deserves all the backlash he gets and more. It irks me so much the way they implemented this character I can't even describe.

>This movie kinda took the uniqueness of Peter Parker away.

It's not just this movie, but all Spider-clones in general

>uniqueness
The whole point is actually that you don't need to be unique to be an individual. Or powerful, or good.
Peter Parker was never unique.

Attached: Amazing Spider-Man 9.png (214x318, 157K)

Yea Forums loves this movie

The world isn't ready user

>But I'm afraid of less talented writers abusing this, and going the way of the comics and try to replace Peter; that'll undermine the original and put a chip on the shoulder of his follow-ups.
A little late to start being afraid of bad writers.

Anyone could become a superhero like Spider-Man ≠ Every Superhero is Spider-Man with the same background story and the same suit but with a few tweaks

Attached: Brainlet02.jpg (300x375, 33K)

>some people hate it because its animated.and wanted it to fail (facebook, reddit)
>some people love it because it has the name spiderman on it and they self insert as the characters (tumblr)
Funny way of spelling .pol/

Attached: StopReaction.jpg (720x960, 70K)

Miles is different from Peter in this movie. If we are assuming this is raimi spidey.

Not really
>If we are assuming this is raimi spidey
Why would you ever assume that and how would it matter?

Being a guy with spider powers, a spider suit and a dead relative isn't unique either.

It's nice to know how you think motivation, background story, the actual suit and who's behind the suit don't really matter but to me those things matter because they also give Peter an identity of his own.

Explains.

Are we talking about personality, origins, or stories?

Anyone else really hate women?

Attached: 1400195554055.jpg (500x400, 51K)

A little bit of all of it. Biggest differences between Miles and Peter are parents and being tech-savvy, and the latter is even partially nullified by Miles just being handed over things like the webshooters

Who said they don't matter?
I said they're not unique.
You're the one who thinks that being unique matters or having "an identity of his own" makes him unique.
Grow up, kid. Everyone has an identity of their own and yet you see the same identities repeated over and over again in real life.
Imagine living on a planet of 7 billion people and thinking you're unique enough to be the only one of your kind in a city as big as New York. Just.

I like Stan Lee's wife. All the other women are whores.

What a dumbass and meaningless argument that's not even related to writing and fiction. Not that user btw

>Who said they don't matter?
>I said they're not unique.
You said. They are all part of what makes Spider-Man unique. Implying that they don't make him unique in any way, is just pure nonsense.
>Grow up, kid. Everyone has an identity of their own and yet you see the same identities repeated over and over again in real life.
Get over yourself. We're talking about fiction, you brainlet.
>Imagine living on a planet of 7 billion people and thinking you're unique enough to be the only one of your kind in a city as big as New York. Just.
I know you think that this was a clever response but it wasn't but keep using your strawmen.

It is related. It's an on-going disputation of the concept of Spider-man. There's fags who actually think that Spider-man and Peter Parker are some kind of unique entities that can't be broken down into an abstraction of causes and symbols, which is why they like OP reject the idea that "anyone can be Spider-man", instead arguing that only Peter Parker can be Spider-man.
But all the things that make Peter Parker Spider-man can be reconstructed to apply to an open and continuous set of characters, which means that there's nothing logically stopping the creation of any number of Spider-people. The only counter-argument you people have is that it doesn't feel right to you, and let's not kid ourselves believing anyone gives a shit about how you feel.

Would you apply this argument to Batman,to justify someone other than Bruce Wayne inheriting the cowl?
Would that be a good idea?

Attached: spiderooges.png (1024x684, 928K)

>Implying that they don't make him unique in any way, is just pure nonsense.
They don't. Even Ultimate Spider-man and later the movie adaptations proved that you could put any character in the suit, call him Peter Parker, and get away with it. Nowadays we just don't bother calling every single version Peter Parker.
>Get over yourself. We're talking about fiction, you brainlet.
We are talking about life-like fiction and to suppose that there's only one person like Peter Parker in New York is ludicrous.

Also not being outcast
Not being a super asshole like peter.
Always try to act cool.

Batman barely qualifies as an individual character with how many of him there are and Batman Beyond was good so yes.

OF THE DARK

I think one of my problems with Miles is (besides the fact that he was created to satiate bendis's fetish) Is that his whole arc is him not wanting to be Miles, He just wants to be spider-man. Which goes against a big part of the character where its the hero trying to juggle every part of his life and feels an obligation to be spider-man out of guilt. Now I understand the whole Miles should be different from peter thing, but the thing is he isn't is personality ranges from nonexistent to an imitation of peter. The fact that the writers of the movie couldn't think of a way to implement miles into is role without killing peter should be a huge red flag about how little Miles has going for him. He has no asperations to define himself on his own he has nno villains to fight he has no relationships in his own life to tie him down outside the suit. Miles is a blank slate who has no life of his own, he's an "everyman" in the same way Link from legend of zelda is, a noncharacter that allows people to slide into his role and feel like they're the ones doing this amazing stuff.

What an absolute retarded argument. By your logic no fictional character is unique and it doesn't matter whether the same 10 characters exists within the same story or not.
>Nowadays we just don't bother calling every single version Peter Parker.
>We
Talk about yourself.
>We are talking about life-like fiction and to suppose that there's only one person like Peter Parker in New York is ludicrous.
There is only one Peter Parker. You actually don't get it. No one else besides Peter is Spider-Man. Robbing him of his Spider-Man identity robes him of his uniqueness, idiot.

They don't mean you can literally wear the mask you autistic fag

Exactly. Sure, in Miles universe, Peter is dead. But Miles becomes his own hero. He’s not copying Peter, he’s doing his own thing. Movie Miles (and to a degree PS4 Miles) are written/designed way better than original Miles. The newer incarnations of Miles have newer and less “replace Peter” backstories.

>The fact that the writers of the movie couldn't think of a way to implement miles into is role without killing peter should be a huge red flag about how little Miles has going for him.
You're just being pissy about RIPeter dying. The writers killed off Blonde Peter because the whole point was to bring in 616 Peter and have the dynamic between him and Miles. Blonde Peter never mattered and will never matter. He barely qualifies as Peter Parker given how perfect-superhero he is.
And Miles will also ride Gwen like a surfboard.

The entire point of Spider-Man's conception was to create a hero who could be your average Joe. Not another infallible, barrel-chested stud, but an everyman with relatable personal problems, challenges and stories. I mean, even the fact that his entire body is covered is supposed to sell the notion that he could be just about anyone. He was never supposed to be unique.

>Batman barely qualifies as an individual character
What?
>Batman Beyond
I hope you're thinking of the same JL:U episode I am

I rather for them to go on a date and start a band.

Attached: 51069322_130584051323762_401384696047595873_n.jpg (640x640, 65K)

Miles and Gwen both clearly had the same guilt motivation

>There is only one Peter Parker. You actually don't get it. No one else besides Peter is Spider-Man.
This is just begging the question, retard.
>By your logic no fictional character is unique and it doesn't matter whether the same 10 characters exists within the same story or not.
They are not the same. They are also not unique. They have the same cores but are different expressions of the every-person super-hero. And as long as there is good stories to produce, it is good. Nothing logically contradicts why they shouldn't also be spider-themed, especially if they are extensions of the Spider-man mythology like Miguel, Spider-Gwen and Miles.

One in a universe is pretty unique

>You're just being pissy about RIPeter dying
You're just a Milesfag who's just being pissy people prefer RIPeter over Miles.

>Batman barely qualifies as an individual character
Every time there's a new writer his character shifts dramatically, and there's half a dozen film adaptations to go on. They're not even remotely connected together, whereas at least Peter Parker has a continuous arc. Bruce Wayne may as well not exist, so placing anyone else in the Batman suit is even less of an issue.

RIPeter staying in the movie would clash with Peter B. Parker being in the movie and anybody who doesn't like Peter B. Parker isn't a person.

Of course they do. I don't think any Miles fan has ever genuinely believed he was more popular than Peter or been salty about Peter's popularity.

you dumb nigger, the movie is saying everyone has the capacity to be a hero. everyone has the capacity to do good or make a positive change in someone's life. You don't have to be bit by a radioactive spider and lose your only father figure to achieve this. Jesus fucking christ how fucking autistic are you people for you to complain about shit all because you took it for face value.

Attached: asianmaninafrica.jpg (1200x858, 68K)

and there it is, you don't actually care, like the writers you just want flash and no substance. YOu don't care about actual connections just, "look its a black character on screen and you know he's better than the white guy because he got the white guy killed!". And my only objection to the Miles Gwen pairing is how much is shows that Miles has nothing in his actual life that people find interesting you just care about the fact that there is a black guy.

They can't do that because they're not from the same universe. How would they meet up? what would he even play? It looks like its another character trait grafted onto him to justify a connection to another character because he has no character of his own

>and there it is, you don't actually care, like the writers you just want flash and no substance.
Pardon me if I don't care much about the opinion of substance of a manchild that repeats the same garbage on every Spider-verse related thread for the last 3 months.
Just because you're THAT upset that black Spider-man will have sex with a blonde girl.

Here's an idea, why not just make RIpeter and peter b the same person? Make the movie about RIPeter B going through a hard time grappling with MJ wanting to have kids both being worried about the potential things that can go wrong because he is spider-man and worrying about actually having to take responsibility. Than we meet Miles a kid trying to find his way in the world getting bit by a spider- giving him spider powers and both him and pete having to find out what taking responsibility really means, while getting into some punch em ups along the way

>This is just begging the question, retard.
It isn't. You just want your other Spider-People, probably Miles, to matter just as much as Peter but they'll never do. One of the hero's unique attributes gets copypasted and it certainly isn't Miles. Retard.
>They are not the same. They are also not unique.
There is no arguing with such a dumb statement. Here is your last (you)

Meant for .

I get why people miss RIPeter, but wasnt that the point
He was a genuinely good guy, who wanted to help Miles, and in the end he was brutally murdered.
Stakes are raised, spiderman can die in this movie, and the next thing you know we get tossed Peter B, an older Peter who is clearly depressed and ready to die.
We don't want Spiderman to die twice, and neither does Miles, which makes his push to gain control of his power even more important in the end

>You don't have to be bit by a radioactive spider and lose your only father figure to achieve this
And yet still the film is about a new protagonist bitten by radioactive spider that loses a father figure to become a hero. These themes are worth shit if the characters are still Spider-Men.

I'm "that upset" that a jew got to write a biracial character who feels like a bland white kid get a tongue bathing because 8 years after he created him sony created a movie using him because they never got there shit together to actually give spider-man a team up movie

>Here's an idea, why not just make RIpeter and peter b the same person?
Easy, because the contrast is much sharper this way. They explain this in RIPeter's character bio.
Just because you don't understand storytelling techniques like "the ultimate perfect mentor dies is replaced by the hobo mentor that can barely keep his own life together" doesn't mean that it's the wrong technique. It actually means you're too formulaic to appreciate anything that isn't the same cookie cutter shit over and ver again.
It is exactly begging the question. You assume the initial point over and over again and use it as proof for your initial point.
>Spider-man is Peter Parker
>so Spider-man is Peter Parker
>There is no arguing with such a dumb statement. Here is your last (you)
That's nice that you can't into nuance. I accept your concession.

I haven't been here for three months btw I only started shitting up these threads in the last month or so after the 1080p rip came out. A lot of poeple agree with me you're just obsessed with me because the on refutation you have is that this movie was good, which is something I agree with but considering sonys track record and where Miles came from that means very little

Attached: spider-man issue 8.jpg (1041x1600, 432K)

>A black kid with an employed father isn’t unique

>because the on refutation you have is that this movie was good, which is something I agree
But you don't though. You constantly shit on it saying it's "just alright" and a focus-testing audience-approved conveyor film, and you use the same shit arguments over and over again as "evidence" of the fact that it'll ruin absolutely everything instead of making a positive effect on Spider-man iterations in the future.
And let's not gloss over your possessiveness of Gwen as Peter's exclusive property is downright silly.

its not a story telling technique its a crutch to allow them to cram in as many toy variants as possible. Comic books have been doing that for years, and as much as I love Lord and Miller they have also been doing that for almost two decades. They cut there teeth on making kooky references have a heart at the end of it, the only difference is sometimes those references come from somewhere unique and if you look at the history of this movie it is far from being unique

I obsess about how important that concept is to the development of the character. and realize how much the pairing hinders both AU spider people that they're trying to build out of them. But I understand you don't give a shit about character development as long as you can get your dick hard about this superiority you feel over assuming me being racist

But you sound more like a shill than he does a hater.

It fit the narrative exactly, so it is a storytelling technique used correctly. Being hysterical isn't going to change that,

>I obsess about how important that concept is to the development of the character.
You obsess too much and you've yet to realize shit.
I need to go to work, we'll pick this up later.

>And Miles will also ride Gwen like a surfboard.
But Gwen's not flat.

Have a good day sweetie hate you later

>You obsess too much and you've yet to realize shit
Pot calling the kettle black

>These themes are worth shit if the characters are still Spider-Men.

Did you want kamala to come in ab be told she's spider-man too or some shit.

Honestly, I feel like Dead Peter feels like an idealized 616 peter while Old Peter feels like Raimi's take on the character.

None of them feel like Comics Peter, which is the point. There are many different kinds of Spider-men, and they all share just a few things in common that ground the concept of the hero.

Guilt, responsibility, and the need to do good even if it costs them their own happiness.

That's it. Peter Parker can run the gauntlet in any other way, for age, for interests, for anything besides that. He's equal parts will power and a guilt complex.

No one in this film is meant to be comics Peter Parker. They're meant to be A Peter Parker.

Whether that ruins his uniqueness or not is fine, but comics inherently do that anyhow by revising the character, using alternate versions, or retconning things.

I wanted the themes to fit in with the characters. That's something fantastic movies actually do.

I...actually want this

So basically you just don't understand the concept of a multiverse huh.

except they do. Your just too autistic go get over the whole spider-man aspect. Its a movie where a Pig, tiny anime girl, white girl, Nicolas cage tell a black kid that there's more to being spider-man (a hero) than being Peter Parker.

shouldn't the lesson have been there's more to being a hero than being spider-man?

The past few cartoon series force a team of spiders into what should have been a solo Spider-Man show. For the first time in the character's 50 year history, Spider-Man gets an animated theatrical release with a high budget and Hollywood treatment. And what happens? They force a team of spiders into what should have been a Spider-Man movie. Not only that, they take the spotlight away from Peter and shine it on Bendis' OC.

But I told you how they don't.
>Its a movie where a Pig, tiny anime girl, white girl, Nicolas cage tell a black kid that there's more to being spider-man (a hero) than being Peter Parker.
That's not what you said though. Also, still, Miles' way of not being Peter Parker is just having Peter's abilities and another suit of him with a small quirk fighting Peter's villains.

Um, there's a ton of heroes who copy Peter Parker on the surface level as the Spiderman brand concept. Matt Murdock was Blind Spidey, and later Incoperates Peters angst and melodrama becoming a more established tragic new York version of Peter. Even Deadpool is generally the one of most established characters in theU because he copies or at least is inspired by the comedic goofball outcast archetype that Spidey created even at his debut since Liefield stated he based his character traits from Peter and powers from Wolverine and Deathstroke, now he's pretty much Spidey comedic outcast side to the extreme.

yeah but they at least had thee own names personalities and backstories unique to them. Miles pretty much just has one of those and even then he's just mayday without the direct connection to peter

>Peter at this point is far as average Joe as deadpool and star Lord is
>Extremely gifted if not a straight up genius
>Attractive and Athletically lean
>Flawlessly self sacrificing and generally nice
>Expert Wiseass and Superior Comedian
>Solid Team Player and Almost the innocent moral compass in the group
>Flawless chick magnet and has more female friends he's dated and broke up with
>Humble, responsible, the perfect guy to shoot the shit with as a fellow hero or normie.
>Honors family and friends before his own moral priorities and may even to all at once.

Peter is alsmost close to a Marty stu as Cap is, if he wasn't depicted as a dorky underdog with paranoia and less self confidence.

The whole point of Peter Parker is that he's not unique, Spider Man is supposed to be what would happen if a regular guy got super powers and tried to become a super hero.

This.

Before he was bitten, he was a extremely intelligent and self confident nerdy kid who was bullied and stood out because he didn't fit in with kids who weren't as smart or even as open minded as him.

Lest we forget early Peter.

Attached: 1410477729267.jpg (472x527, 73K)

Miles needs to be rebooted in the comics. He should have a different hero name then spiderman. They should play up the fact that he has more biological powers then peter and that he can't build gagets like peter can. Maybe take away his web shooters. Him eventually becoming peters sidekick should happen more slowly. He should also have an arc involving a less talked about aspect of the responsibilities of being a hero.
Fuckin wheat cakes man

not to mention there's a thing called being scared.

Brainlet detected

>Raimi's take on the character
What? Burrito Peter coudn't have been more different.

Threads like this you understand the difference between the people who understand the Spider-Man concept and the people that just use Peter as a self-insert

>employed black father who's also a good cop embarrasses son in front of school to say I love you
That scene really sold me on Spiderverse Miles

They're are all from different universes. Theyre all "spiderman" but just in different instances. That's why they cant exist in the same universe since there can't be two instances of "spiderman" in the same universe.

yeah they really got carried away with the character. turns out that when you make a character who nerds completely lacking in self-awareness can insert on, those same nerds tend to write wish-fulfillment bullshit whenever they can get their hands on said character.

its dumb that there needs to be a black spiderman, the whole thing is that he puts the mask on and is a different person, a charming quick witted funny guy, showing us regular folk that you are truly free to be who you want to be when people arent judging you by your looks

making it about race defeats the point

i used to headcannon that cops in NYC had a bet going on who spidey was some would think hes a black kid from the hood breaking the law other could see him as a straight up avenger and respect the hell out of him

it was never ever supposed to be about peter parker

You're the only one making it about race

ya got almost 10 words into that comment buddy, good effort

nigga read
the only reason Miles exists and gets the push he does is because of race

Singing was used to calm himself and promote some music album

Any time the suit gets torn or he lifts the mask to eat something we can see his skin.

It's just something that was never used in his comics, like most of his characterization. I know I know "but the comics and the movies are different" But i'm still holding the comics to be the ultimate canon for the comic book characters

I don't like all these spidercucks ripping off Spidey's brand.

This 100%. That's my problem too, it reduces Spider-man down to a brand you pick up like a t-shirt. It's not about the power and the responsibility. Hell it's not even about the spider-metaphor where Peter is kind of a loner because spiders are. It's about "this person is stylish and I wan to be cool too."

It's the most shallow version of Spider-man. MCU gave us uberteen Peter and Sony reduced the real, older, more experienced hero we needed in the MCU to the second fiddle for Bendis' bullshit that got Peter literally killed off for. It's a disgrace.

Attached: 1313029228126.jpg (273x329, 39K)

Dare I say based?

Picking up where I left off:
Let's start with the Gwen Miles pairing and how it "hinders both AU spider people". This is unfounded. The whole thing about Spider characters and romance is that it doesn't always work out, but almost always (until Slott) adds something in terms of character development. This argument is posed on the supposition that Spider-Gwen will be Miles' Gwen, when in actuality she will clearly not be. And she won't be his Betty Brant or his Liz Allen. You don't know what will happen in the sequel, it's just as likely that they will try a romance and break up by the end. But this possibility doesn't fit your tantrums about how this movie is a focus-tested corporate "alright" soulless product, so of course you ignore that.

Next, there's the recurring accusation that anyone who disagrees with you "doesn't care about anything besides flash and no substance". You use this rebuttal EVERY time, as if it's any less invalid now than it was the first go around. I want to see Good Quality, Art, and Storytelling in feature adaptations of Spider-man. What I don't care about is for an adaptation to be tersely connected to a history of bad comics like Spider-Gwen and Ultimate Spider-man. So of course if it means producing a GOOD FILM adaptation requires rebuilding the history from the ground up, and to make a natural film requires to forego certain unnecessary interactions, I am willing to trust the author's vision.

And of course, this segways straight into the final problem. At this point you always react the same way: "there is no artists vision! it's a corporate product made by test audiences and toy markets!!" What's infuriating about this is that there's nothing to substantiate this and plenty to refute this. Such as the use of Miles Morales as main protagonist in the first place. And when confronted with this you either throw a tantrum, repeat yourself, or leave and infest a new thread to start this all over again.

>cont.
At which point there's really nothing left to do but to call you a Gwenshipping manchild that autistically screeches about how Miles replacing Peter Parker because some other Peter Parker has to die for him is the end of the world, and that this movie is the harbinger of terrible, terrible things to come in the future for Spider-man and his history. All because of a succesful adaptation doing things you don't like and not doing things you want, it's going to ruin an already thoroughly ruined comic? Get over it, and get some treatment for your autism, Gwenshipper. Stop taking it our on innocent Spider-verse threads that want to discuss this film without having to listen to your broken record.

Are Spideyfags the biggest, whiniest self-inserts in cape comics?

No, that would be Spider-man's writers.
Name one Amazing Spider-man besides pic related that didn't self insert as Spider-man.

Attached: notlikethis.jpg (1061x1500, 1.2M)

spiderman is a brand, they're, you can't avoid it like it doesn't exist just because you dont like it

Ok first how was your day? Did everything go well at work? How was traffic?

Second, and I say this as a huge comic book fan, every single comic book movie is a soulless corporate cash grab. I only ignore it for some movies because they st something of value and not “you know I never realized I wasn’t anyone until I had these powers”.

Third do you really not see how a traditionally street level hero getting swept into a trans dimensional romance with his equivalent seems to bring in some complications to his narrative? His civilian life is already considered a non factor in does everything he bring to the table have to be a reimagined character? His costume and motvations are already pale imitations of Peters so why do his love interests?

Now I gotta go, I’ll hit you back when I can but I try to fit a life in between work and shit posting, I suggest you do the same this shit can’t be healthy

Perfectly put in words.

Man I didn't get any of that from Spiderverse

Was the spider that bit miles glitching? Was it from another universe?

and I almost forgot

>I genuinely see you for what you are. A child throwing a tantrum for three months straight. You are so much of a broken record it was possible to predict you showing up in this thread before you even did. That is what I think is pathetic. Your sameness. Predictability, The way it is easy to manipulate you. It's such a phenomenal level of weakness, it's outright laughable

>Third do you really not see how a traditionally street level hero getting swept into a trans dimensional romance with his equivalent seems to bring in some complications to his narrative?
I'm willing to wait for the sequel to find out.

>His civilian life is already considered a non factor in does everything he bring to the table have to be a reimagined character?
His civilian life is a good chunk of the film and informs everything about him to those that are willing to actually be invested in the film.

>His costume and motvations are already pale imitations of Peters so why do his love interests?
They're neither pale nor imitations, so that question is in bad faith.

>Second, and I say this as a huge comic book fan, every single comic book movie is a soulless corporate cash grab.
That's just fucking stupid. It doesn't even make sense in the context of something like Spider-verse where they went out of their way to not cut costs. Modern economic paradigm for best cash-grabs is something where you put in no funds and so make infinite profit off the brand alone. If Spider-verse wanted to make the most money they could possibly make it would've been a completely different film.

This is correct. Peter became the brand persoanlity for self inserting wish fufillment via Batman the second he got authors not named Lee and Ditko.

>So of course if it means producing a GOOD FILM adaptation requires rebuilding the history from the ground up
...what did they build from ground up? Most of these characters are cardboard cutouts, especially the Gwen you two guys are fighting over

Ooh you made it greentext this time.

>it’s okay when DC does it!!

Bruce could haveled his parents to a different ally

>instead of making a positive effect on Spider-man iterations in the future.
Positive effect? What effect?

Miles is monumentally different from his Bendis version. Peter B. Parker skips OMD and is fatigued by Slott's vision without actually being Slott Peter. Gwen doesn't go "my PETER I will save you!!" every time Peter B. is in danger so obviously according to Gwenshipper she's a sociopath constructed by the mega-corporations to give to Miles even though we don't even know what will happen in the sequel.

For instance if Spencer takes a que and has Miles interact with Peter in ASM it stands to reason that he'll write Miles a lot less bland and possibly use it for development of Peter's character, not unlike the way the film did.

OP where the fuck where you when 3 different Spider-clones where running around? and with both Mayday Parker and Miguel O Hara existing?

Attached: 4338850-sm209920140011-cov-31f46.jpg (421x640, 75K)

Mind you it's still Spencer so instead of Peter B. Parker we're more likely end up with them pulling a complicated heist together with Stinger and Ant-man. Then Miles will start dating Cassie, because one blonde girl is honestly as good as any other and the whole point of Miles is to be the swinger that Peter can't be anymore.

Miguel is better as a legacy character in every way possible.

>Miles is monumentally different
>he'll write Miles a lot less bland
Because he listens to music and likes graffiti?

This is nothing but placebo, like when the new Miles run started shortly after the movie and a few anons were already like
>oh wow, truly this is a brand new Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man™ completely different from the one we've seen so far
Even though the story so far has been the usual bland shit. One guy even dared to suggest that Miles was cool and new because he tried to talk to Rhino while Peter would've just beaten the shit out of him no questions asked, which is just absurd

But even if you were right, really? That's the big positive change, the unnecessary character that shouldn't even exist may be written slightly better?

Attached: confusedmanholdingquestionmarkonwhitebackground.jpg (1300x866, 74K)

Yeah, why didn't OP complain about those far superior characters?

Maybe, but he's not a teenager so he can't be sugoi for the teenage nerd audience and Brian B. Bendis, Joe Quesada, Gerry Conway (year 2011 universe) and Dan Slott.
And Mayday is a girl so she can't have PIV sex with girls and doesn't work as a self-insert.

>Because he listens to music and likes graffiti?
No, watch the film moron.
>Even though the story so far has been the usual bland shit.
Have only seen Miles once in ASM and he doesn't interact with anyone. I'm not going to take bad writers still being bad as proof.
>That's the big positive change, the unnecessary character that shouldn't even exist may be written slightly better?
Actually my main focus is on what this would eventually mean for Peter Parker. Unlike doomsayers like Gwenshipper I don't see it as an inevitability that Miles will replace Peter just because Ultimate Peter is dead.

Sometimes it pays to be cool enough to attract more people in the franchise than just making sure you write the character perfectly to do him or her justice. Spider-Man is a cool hero to make templates about, plus the fact he's relatable and more in tune with kids and adults makes him twice as cool.

Other marvel heroes get pushed off their cool factor, same with dc heroes, Spidey brands off being a cool superpowered hero and everyman appeal symbol, he's basically a idol that has characters and fan character based on himself paying tribute towards. I always though Peter Parker should be more like Superman than Batman, since he's the most loved superhero in marvel franchised and does need to reflect that in his stories.

>Actually my main focus is on what this would eventually mean for Peter Parker
What would it eventually mean for Peter?

How I hate this shit and hype on it.
1. The main character is an uninteresting useless schoolboy. Besides unsympathetic black rapfag. Who would be interested in looking at him? Only fucking SJW.
2. Parker must become a Spider-man, because you need to have a baby. Shit shit normies. This is in the franchise, where Mary Jane was killed because of the indignation of the nerds.
3. All Spidies are boring, the characters are not disclosed. Nice to look only at Gwen.
4. Stoopid joking for 5yo.
I better rewatch the series of the 90th.

Attached: 15122579020390.jpg (1280x879, 149K)

Essentially leway to write something that resolves OMD, without the other writers' backlash "NO WE WILL LOSE THE TEENAGE PETER AUDIENCE!"
Of course it would help a great deal if Miles developed a personality in the comics, but if nobody else is going to do it Spencer may place a mission to do it himself since he's already very much steering the ship to confront OMD in his run.

Did you have a mild stroke halfway through writing this

I never got into Miles. What is the point of him and his story? All I have ever known is Peter Parker being spider-man and his story.

Is it to draw in the black crowd?

>Is it to draw in the black crowd?
Basically, in bendis run at least.
Now were stuck with him so good on Spiderverse for giving him actual character

This is a licking ass of Obama released to inuguration. Thank God we now have a worthy leader.

>Basically, in bendis run at least.
>Now were stuck with him so good on Spiderverse for giving him actual character.
Huh, I see. Honestly I'm not into Miles being Spider-Man even as a black guy, I still think OG Peter is far better.

Based Freezeposter

I'm pretty open to alternate spidey ideas, depends on the execution

>Honestly I'm not into Miles being Spider-Man even as a black guy
Same here but for some reason he's been forced into every Spider-Man story.

I don't understand how any if this relates to Sony's latest cashgrab. What does OMD have to do with Spiderverse?

Then work on your reading comprehension and brain power.

Don't worry, Spiderman 2099 is going to fix it in the sequel

They have been doing that to Spider-Man in the comics for decades. I fairly certain that it only happens to Spider-Man too. I don't see people getting injected with the super-soldier serum and making a Captain Ameri-verse, or a Iron-verse

It's seems unfair to compare. Mj and Peter took about years of comics while miles and Gwen have like 1 comic.

Even Gwen Poole have more screen time with miles

And there's absolutely nothing to suggest that Gwen and Miles is going to stick.

>We will never get a movie that solely focus on Mayday and her family struggles

Attached: ea9944c3543f45a332896ac4af57ad9d.jpg (736x871, 121K)

>Stan Lee's mantra his whole life is Marvel is supposed to feel somewhat grounded
>Superman doesn't get colds and shit but Peter Parker gets colds, lousy jobs, so on so forth so he can be relatable
>"Hurrrrr Parker doesn't feel unique anymore!"
Well shit guess he should come from a spider planet, and be nigh invulnerable.

Attached: 1526654249610.jpg (780x438, 38K)

Nice Strawman

Nice lame ass response faggot

see

don't see

This. Hell Miles was invented by a bad writer. It's only just now that he's finally good because good writers pulled out his potential.

>It's only just now that he's finally good because good writers pulled out his potential.
What potential exactly? How is he unique now? Because he has longer hair?

Watch the movie.

He has an arc and a real reason for Spiderman, and him gaining his powers isn't as contrived.

What is his reason to be spider-man? Because he doesn’t like himself? That seems to be a problem to work out outside of costume

No answer huh?

You haven't seen the film, there's nothing to discuss.

>What is his reason to be spider-man?
Because he was given a power and a responsibility

This.

>Is it to draw in the black crowd?

He was made purely from the rage of the fans. Someone suggest that Donald Glover and fans got mad.

But, I heard he was originaliity pitch to be purely latino.

>Someone suggest that Donald Glover

Someone suggest that Donald Glover should be spiderman and fans got mad

Miles has always been mudded Peter Parker, that was his whole point to see if they could get away with changing his race. There is literally no point to his character.

Which is a shame cause he would’ve made a great static but no one has heard to static

i never got the appeal of spiderman. but my favorite characters are captain atom and swampthing so im weird. spiderman is for normies

Attached: that is fecal matter, is it not.jpg (524x451, 55K)

they're alternate universe spider men and one million billion alternate universes have been a thing in comics for forever.

I've felt the feeling of "wow this kind of cheapens the original universe" but with bioshock infinite, not really with this.

Not even with his amazing spider powers?

'Shock Infinite is easier viewed as Elizabeth just having super godlike powers being able to warp the quantum of reality as well as distort through space and time rather than actually hopping universes, despite how she explains it and the plot and the ending and everything else.

Mite b cool

Radioactive straw cannot bite people, stupid.

Literally anyone can become Spiderman, Spiderman has been a ninja all the way down to a pile of spider in a suit. Every Spiderman experienced lost in some way or form and turning that lost into strength is what makes him Spiderman.

Just wanted to say that I liked how ITSV didn't have a hamfisted scene like this. If it's actually important, you shouldn't need the characters to point it out for the audience.

Attached: chocogwen.png (590x869, 286K)

The comics already did that forever ago (what little uniqueness there was anyway). /tv be gone.

It's amazing that literal clones of peter parker feel less like clones than miles does

Well, you have only yourself to blame for him not saving Stan Lee, take your keks and begone further more Titan.

Go away Ten, your not clever.

Shiiiiieeet.

so you're saying on Peter is the only person in the world has guilt over misuse of power?

What if he had prep time?

Wait, people like this version of Miles or they're defending comic book Miles?

So, pretty much, riri Williams with a gap.

Attached: Ironheart-Marvel-Comics-Riri-Williams-a.jpg (500x468, 58K)

Nah it was before the trauma of his parents dying have him super human autism.

You're Spiderman! He's Spiderman! I'M SPIDERMAN!

ARE THERE ANY OTHER SPIDERMEN I SHOULD KNOW ABOUT!?!?

Attached: C2HHooEWEAApcmU.jpg (1065x797, 146K)

do you think the dimensional static thing ever forced gwen to orgasm?

Attached: anirudh-singh-spidergwen.jpg (1920x2715, 1.97M)