I’m just getting started

I’m just getting started.

Attached: DF850867-0696-4BF9-82BB-2F31D0F97D72.jpg (750x741, 184K)

Cool, it's been pretty good. Superman is slow setting the new dynamic up but Action's been really solid.

Is his supe comic still shit?
Didn't even bother reading past his OC villain

is that the guy Bendis plays to fuck his wife while he's bound and gagged in a giant glass bottle?

His Action Comics is decent but his Superman is irredeemable trash.

>PLEASE dont notice Superman isnt white please please please

Attached: 540AAFBB-2384-4EF8-ADC7-54BDEC8B764C.jpg (1024x1012, 895K)

What's wrong with Superman being black?

>Um, guys? A-are you seeing what I’m seeing? Superman. He’s... black. Like, really? Seriously?

Listen, DCfriend will accept a lot under the pretext of "But it's ok when DC does it".
But Superman being black on a non-temporary basis in comics or in a movie recast would cause them to short-circuit.

can supermam be black?

Nothing. But it’s been done already by more competent writers.

Fuck off, Bendis.
Shit happens for absolutely no reason other than for him to say "Hah, I'm the guy who did that!", and all his donut steel OCs continue to be the worst characters ever written in the history of fiction.

Attached: FUCKING BENDIS.jpg (700x1079, 211K)

It would be a pointless change motivated by a misguided motivation to be progressive. Whatever message the writer of a 'superman but black' comic is attempting to send will be unavoidably muddled by the difficulties of combining whatever racial commentary with the themes of a normal superman story. Simultaneously, the author's message would almost certainly be just a viable with a new or under appreciated black superhero.

There already is but Yea Forums doesn't read comics.

>Simultaneously, the author's message would almost certainly be just a viable with a new or under appreciated black superhero.
But Yea Forums whines about that too.

Attached: 1548268612199.jpg (1988x3056, 971K)

Because he’s not fucking black?

That's because Yea Forums whines about everything.

And the worst part is that now that someone has taken Miles Morals and written him so that he wasn't a cardboard cutout of Peter parker someone painted black Bendis is going to receive all the credit for having created the character. It won't matter that the personality and character dynamics which drew people in during the new ps4 game and into the spiderverse have been completely absent in any Miles comic. Bendis's career is going to be extended for another decade of trash, and he'll be redoubling his production of donut steels since miles has found traction.

But what would the problem be if he was?

>the only brown person in a too-white town
gee, I wonder fucking why?\

Thats because that comic is bad just like everything bendis writes. I haven't read past the first issue where literally nothing takes place, but I'm pretty sure I can assume that this character isn't going to be executed well. In the first issue of miles's comic in the main marvel universe he single handily over powers a demon who defeated three avengers by himself.

>?/
you stupid fucking cunt

>I haven't read past the first issue where literally nothing takes place
It's called pacing, something you would know about if you actually read books.

American comics come out weeks apart and it is generally seen as important for events to take place in an issue. If there is an issue of a comic where no events take place then I feel relatively justified labeling that issue as 'bad'.

I've been seriously contemplating catching Bendis at a con just to cuss him out. I don't even do this, I'm not that confrontational of a man but I feel someone needs to tell him to his face what a horrible writer he is and how that's costing beyond him.

I was actually buying new comics, Superman comics, before Bendis came along. I was trying really hard to support my passion and the industry, until Bendis came along. I want to make a big dramatic deal, really do. It's probably be counter productive but I've never loathed a writer so much...

>I've been seriously contemplating catching Bendis at a con just to cuss him out.
Autism: The Post

There wouldn't be one. But he isn't

That's not a black superhero, that's a black character who's abilities are apparently being hyper competent because they're black...

This. This is what I'm ranting about so hard. He ruined Spider-man AND Superman. He's got some anti-hero, anti-good, anti-responsibility agenda going on and people use his bullshit even further...

Yeah then Bendis will agree with you and quit on the spot and Nicholas Cage will present you with his copy of Action Comics #1

How that autistic exactly? The user literally said he realizes it's counter productive. You autists don't understand humans venting human emotions.

Yup, that's the plan user!

Because the only reason you’re changing him is to appease some bullshit circle jerk race shit currently going on.
>WOW! So brave! He’s black now
We already have a black Superman. He’s also the president of the US in that world

Separating his Action from Superman is artificial since they're both written by him at the same time even if they're not crossing over(yet). The fact is he's gotten rid of Jon Kent and by extension Supersons as we knew it by aging Jon up and there is good reason to concerned about where he might be taking Lois and Clark's marriage. If he de-ages Jon by the end of his run I'll forgive him but until that happens I'm not going to be ok with his run on either book.

I just read the second issue and nothing happened in that one either

>it is generally seen as important for events to take place in an issue
Events do take place though, any idiot can see things are taking place.
Any idiot except for you apparently.

You literally have no idea what pacing is. You're the type of idiot that Warren Ellis hates himself for creating.

There is nothing wrong with this picture, but I do want Bendis gone or at least to tone it down a bit.

So you don't really have a problem with Superman being black then.

By the end of the second issue, which came out more then a month after the first we don't know what the girls powers are. We haven't caught even the vaguest mention of an antagonist or much conflict at all for the matter, besides the main character liking superheroes and being bored. Its a boring comic.

>Bendis dumps on Clark
>Kong becomes best Supes

Attached: 1536850867754.jpg (2402x1024, 423K)

>By the end of the second issue, which came out more then a month after the first we don't know what the girls powers are.
Not a problem, the story isn't about that.
>We haven't caught even the vaguest mention of an antagonist or much conflict at all for the matter,
Yeah we do, in issue 2.

I do because I don’t like black people lol.

This, but unironically

I’m not being ironic

After Carol's success i believe

He isn't already?

Yo what the fuck happen to Kenan?

>"Mom, I posted it again."

whats wrong with him being white?

have sex incel

There's nothing wring with a black guy cosplaying superman, it's canon that Superman himself said anyone who stands for what he stands for is worthy of his symbol
If Bendis makes Superman black in canon that's a different story (would be shit)

I have a problem with constantly reusing the same properties and just changing the race. You want black superman? Read icon, but you don't want to because you never heard of icon before. You just want all of the previous success without the risk of making something new that shit is just sad

>I have a problem with constantly reusing the same properties and just changing the race
But you have no problem with reusing the same property as long as it's white?

Who is this?

Further proof of Bendis's pedo race fetish.

Changing anyone's already-established race, religion, creed, sexual orientation, etc. is completely stupid and serves no purpose other than to pander to that demographic. It's hypocritical to pull the "content of their character" card when if they claim skin color wasn't such a big deal to begin with.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be just as pissed if Virgil Hawkins became a white kid because it serves no purpose. What was wrong with him the way he was?

And you notice how nobody gives a shit about things like this if it was in an Elseworld story? We've got a Black Superman and Gay Alan Scott just chilling around Earth-2, and nobody's making threads or constantly tearing their hair out over it because that's the kind of place you should have flexibility in coming up with alternate stories and characters. It doesn't fuck with what's already established.

I think the issue is really about Bendis doing it.

Is there something wrong with white aliens?

Attached: 1451909982891.png (1262x668, 99K)

Nothing's wrong with a black Superman, but simply changing Clark's ethnicity in the comic(the main ones) is stupid.

New Superman movie coming out? Cast a black guy as him, who cares.

There's a broadway play about Superman? Cast a black guy as him, who cares.

Video game? Again, nobody cares.

Clark Kent, Superman, has been white in the comics since the 30's, if you're going to make a new character to take over the Supermantle(God forbid), and you want him to be a black guy then go for it.

But the main Clark in the comics is a white guy, stop trying to change that shit.

Bendis has such a weird, awkward smile.

Black superman should be weaker since his skin wouldn’t absorb as much sunlight

>New Superman movie coming out? Cast a black guy as him, who cares.
>There's a broadway play about Superman? Cast a black guy as him, who cares.
>Video game? Again, nobody cares.
No. That's horseshit and you're a fucking moron. If you adapt a specific character to another medium - in this case Clark Kent as Superman - then you should respect the fucking source material and cast the proper skin color. People care about these characters, not just me. They care that they are represented in a way that shows appreciation and admiration for the franchise. If you just arbitrarily change a character's color for shallow reasons, it tells fans that you have no respect for that character at all. Eat a dick.

Him being white isn't important to the character, just his ideals and personality.

Listen you stupid fuck, you just don't wanna' like a black guy because it makes you uncomfortable, but guess what? Nobody cares.

Peter Pan's been played by chicks on broadway for decades and nobody bats an eye.

Spider-Man's had three different actors play him over the last twenty years. Nobody cares.

Was fucking Man of Steel showing appreciation and admiration when they shat all over Pa Kent and made Superman into a apathetic fuck? Oh but wait, they kept him white so who cares.

You stupid fuckin' idiot. I'd say eat a dick but you're already full of yourself.

>him being white is important to his ideals and personality
Agreed, statistically speaking it makes more sense for someone who is just and honest to be white

Goddamn Yea Forums's just full of retards for some reason.

No wonder more and more people leave this shit hold every day

Why are bald midgets always so shit at their jobs?

Attached: Chinese Prostitute.jpg (740x416, 29K)

>Him being white isn't important to the character,
Yes it is. Comics, movies, video games - almost every form of media - are a visual. Characters like Superman have built a franchise on a specific image over the course of decades, and that image has become an icon. Icons don't change. They have an established appeal and meaning. If you attempt to alter that, you are purposefully desecrating that icon.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. People are not against change, but they do love consistency.

Attached: 856b4182d6567ea5b04141b08b234851.jpg (800x1215, 93K)

So why is Jesus white?
Why is Real Ghostbusters remembered fondly?
Why is Trunks' hair blue now?
Fuck your need for the same boring visual bullshit and just accept you don't like change. Grow you little baby.

What's wrong with Black Panther being white? What's wrong with Captain Marvel not being a count? You tell me, Marvelfriend

Take your bad analogies and false pretenses back to twitter where you belong. You don't care about Superman but you sure as shit care about black people, apparently. Take your honorary Badge of Acceptance and go.

Nothing

>W we arent just mindless neonazi incels, that cry about every melanine posessing character ever.

>It's called pacing, something you would know about
bendis should learn something about that, so his comics wouldn't be complete dragged on shit

>You're the type of idiot that Warren Ellis hates himself for creating.

That's not as good an argument as you think it is.

>John Stewart
>Monica Rambeau
>Luke Cage
>Bishop
>Crispus Allen
>Static Shock
>Jason Rusch
>Blade
>Vixen
>Cardiac
>Spawn
>Mark Richards
>Bedlam
>Hobby Brown
Notice how nobody seems to have a major gripe with any of these characters? Maybe it's because they weren't created and written by complete fucking hacks.

Falling back on the argument that Yea Forums is superficial about skin color and then pointing out it's all about a black superhero without bringing their traits or the quality of their comic into play makes you a hypocrite.

based and, dare I say, redpilled

that he wouldn't be superman, dumbass

Or maybe it's because they were created anywhere from ten-to-thirty years ago and thus anons think they're fine because they've 'always' been there. You fucking bet faggots here would be bitching if someone like Neal Adams tried to add someone like John Stewart to the GLC today (for, by the man's own admission, the sole purpose of adding a black person to the Green Lanterns).

Oh wait, you don't have to because plenty of people bitched about how much of a diversity add-on Simon Baz was, and the only reason they don't bitch the same amount about Jessica Cruz is because half the people here wanna dip their wick in her.

Most of the bitching comes from all of them being terribly written, and, the most prominent and biggest complaint GL readers have had since Guy Gardner's introduction, is that there's too many fucking Earth GLs. There only needed to be one.

>You fucking bet faggots here would be bitching if someone like Neal Adams tried to add someone like John Stewart to the GLC today (for, by the man's own admission, the sole purpose of adding a black person to the Green Lanterns).
Everyone knows Neal Adams is a hack writer. John opening up with "you should just call me the Black Lantern sho' nuff I ain't no jive turkey around that honky" sure as shit didn't leave very much of a good impression in anyone's mind over the character. Dude was just a walking stereotype until Gerard Jones showed up and fixed him in Volume 3 and Mosaic.

And Bendis is doing the exact same thing with Teen Lantern, also openly admitting he's just been making all of the OCs to pander to his daughters. But again, the most egregious issue here is that it's another Earth Lantern. We've already got seven. Stop. We don't need any more. We need less.

Black Panther should be Arabic

I'm very upset at this image, black superman? really? Liberals come on. Who the fuck is Brian Michael Bendi?

Superman? Not a whole lot, but in the same way Miles ended up being a decent spiderman it'll take time and the right writers to get a black superman to that point.

Literally Poochie the dog.

hahahaha the bendishill user is still a thing? lol some people will be in damage control forever, no matter what.

>i don't really have an answer, better make it about Marvel.

And this, is why people call you bastarded kind DCucks.

Underman

Speak English you stupid ESL.

I'll never forgive him for what he did to Ultimate Peter Parker

Now why is Lex so happy to be with Superman?

He means in the main universe not in some elseworld u tard

Damn reddit-kun if color dont matter why should they even bother changing him into a nigger

You're retarded, people liked new super-man and sideways because they were written well and falling back to the excuse that poc characters dont do well because theyre colored is in itself racist you dumb shit flinging nigger

>bendis should learn something about that, so his comics wouldn't be complete dragged on shit
Doesn't he have a tendency to drag out shit way too much and has to solve the end conflict in very short span, often resulting in complete asspulls. for instance Civil War 2.

Ye thats what user is saying dyslexic-kun

What has Bendis done to make Superman black? Someone explain.

Attached: DM8N5xRWkAEUcbZ.jpg (400x400, 29K)

Nothing.... Yet. Wouldn't be surprised if Bendis introduces another kryptonian (black) to sidekick for Supes for a while.

>But Yea Forums whines about that too.
it is shit.

>It's called pacing, something you would know about if you actually read books.
Bendis and Black fetish.

>After Carol's success i believe
she is not black,

>. Eat a dick.
oh Bendis and black dicks.

... Bendis wants to be a black man and have anal sex with Lois Laine?

>Nothing.... Yet.
Paranoia means never having to admit that you're wrong.

>... Bendis wants to be a black man and have anal sex with Lois Laine?
No,,.. Bendis wants to be a black man and have anal sex with his kid.

Why do people reply to blatant /pol/ bait? On the other hand, that's a really cool cosplay. It's a bit on the cheaper end, however.

we already have two of them. It's an overplayed hand made by an hack. I want more adventure of based President superman if anything.

Not unless you use him to replace Clark and distespect him at every chance you get. Like Bendis has done before or how Jason Aaron did it.

Why not create a new and original character
Why slap the S on someone of a different gender or race?
It almost feels like you cant come up with something original
Or you fear the audiences ability to accept new things and feel that they will only go with what is comfortable & familiar

2 asian supermen. 3 black supermen. 1 hispanic superman.

Blacks are over represented in media.

Kenan Kong.

Did you read his comic? He's a new character and how he handles his powers is wildly different from Clark.

If youre from a planet blasted by red sun rays, wouldn't it make sense to have some protection against it? That's why we have skin pigmentation in the first place, it would make sense from a biological standpoint.

>We've got a Black Superman and Gay Alan Scott just chilling around Earth-2, and nobody's making threads or constantly tearing their hair out over it
Probably because they did enough of that when those two characters were created.

I love amerimutt diversity is basically making white characters black.Why not asian or latino?

If it's the opposite there is a massive shitstorm.

Black Superman is okay as long as it's not Clark Kent or if he's Clark but he is not the main one (paralel universe).

>people liked new super-man and sideways because they were written well
They did so well that both series were cancelled due to low sales and exiled to comics limbo in short order.

>and falling back to the excuse that poc characters dont do well because theyre colored is in itself racist
Well prove me wrong then lol.

someone gas that jew! apparently the last dose wasn't enough!

Diversity in the US always means dark skinned. Arabs and latinos are mostly shown with darker skintones than they actually have almost as dark as blacks.
Man sjw fags sperged about an egyptian guy (Rami Malek) playing a pharao because they thought he was a white guy or too white.

He's powered by the sun and being melanin rich might interfere with that

That begs a question - why sjws are allowed to live?

>Arabs and latinos are mostly shown with darker skintones than they actually have almost as dark as blacks.
Simon Baz is libanese and looks like he is black. Most libanese look more mediterranean and some of them even middle european.
They want to be divers but end up being more racist than those they claim to be racists.

His entire character will revolve around the fact that he is black.

Attached: val-zod.jpg (795x1200, 506K)

Which is pretty dumb because he is not even a human

You saying there's no such thing as dark skinned lebanese people?

There probably is but most common is those who look more mediterranean and Baz facial features look also very black african or at least he is drawn like that most of the time.

Are you telling me people didn't like Kenan or Derrick? Also sales isn't indicative of likeability

>You fucking bet faggots here would be bitching if someone like Neal Adams tried to add someone like John Stewart to the GLC today (for, by the man's own admission, the sole purpose of adding a black person to the Green Lanterns).

>Everyone knows Neal Adams is a hack writer.

Now everyone knows neither of you actually read comics.

Neal Adams was responsible for John Stewart and his dialog. Maybe it'd do you some good to read a comic and do some research yourself, amigo.