WB's BLACK ADAM Will Feature The Justice Society Of America

Capekino is back on the menu!

>Warner Bros Pictures' upcoming BLACK ADAM, starring Dwayne Johnson as the eponymous anti-hero, is casting for three stahlwart comic book characters: Hawkman, Stargirl & Atom-Smasher, members of the Justice Society of America, a team that has often butted heads with Johnson's character.

>A Middle-Eastern actor in the 30-39 age range and with a physique to match Johnson's is being sought for immortal winged warrior Carter Hall AKA Hawkman, who will serve as Black Adam's main rival, while a couple in the 20-29 age range is sought for starcrossed lovers Stargirl, a teenager armed with a staff powered by cosmic energy; and Atom-Smasher, an atomic-powered anti-hero who is super-strong and can grow as tall as a building.

>This indicates the script, penned by Adam Sztykiel - Who previously wrote the Johnson vehicle RAMPAGE - is borrowing concepts from the comics "Black Reign" storyline, in which Black Adam deposes the dictator ruling over his home country of Khandaq and seizes power for himself, putting him on a collision course with the JSA and the international authorities.

>BLACK ADAM currently has no director attached, and is eyeing a possible 2022 release date.

thathashtagshow.com/2019/03/08/exclusive-new-black-adam-script-features-hakwman-atom-smasher-and-stargirl/

Attached: Capekino.png (1024x1244, 1.54M)

I know Black Adam ran with the JSA before and isn't what you might call a conventional villain, but cmon. This is just catering to Dwayne so he doesn't have to play a bad guy. Black Adam is like Sinestro, and I wouldn't call him an anti-hero.

That being said, I wouldn't mind seeing Hawkman, Star Girl, and Atom Smasher.

Attached: Injustice Black Adam.jpg (904x1080, 141K)

So they're going to go with Egypt Hawkman?

>BLACK ADAM, starring Dwayne Johnson as the eponymous anti-hero
I still remember when this was just a Yea Forums meme.

Attached: 034.jpg (477x496, 35K)

You know for a "dead" universe it's amazing how we know so much more about DC's upcoming movies than Marvels

>the script, penned by Adam Sztykiel - Who previously wrote the Johnson vehicle RAMPAGE
So DC is just allergic to good movies

Black Adam is the definition of an anti-hero.

It was never a Yea Forums meme. He's been signed on to play Black Adam since 2009

>Johns pushing his sister in every media adaption to maximize royalty bucks
gross really

It's not dead because they keep churning out shitty movies

It's dead because no one wants to watch them

He's more of an anti-villain, don't get the two confused. This is still an asshole who rules Kandaq with an iron fist, and will try and rule the world if he thinks he can get away with it. He's more akin to Doctor Doom and Sinestro than the likes of Jason Todd.

Attached: Black Adam.jpg (1500x2322, 731K)

I've been here since '07 though. I remember the pic of Dwayne with Black Adam ears.

Marredvulva much?

Well that doesn't make any sense at all

>AQ gets $1bil
>”no one wants to watch them”

Whew lad, the mouse AIDS must cause delusion

You can find clips of him talking about Black Adam. I don't know why he's such a huge fan of Black Adam though

Modern Black Adam literally is an anti-hero and the main reason for his current day popularity.

I can't beleive they were able to announce something to actually make me wanna see this movie but fuck me I really wanna see this movie now, I wanna see Atom Smasher just fucking bulldoze his was thru a fight scene

>This is still an asshole who rules Kandaq with an iron fist

Unlike Dr. Doom, Kahndaq is not a dictatorship, his people actually love him and he isn't oppressing anyone. He's an anti-hero because he gives no fucks and thinks might makes it right when dealing with threats to his people, because occasionally he will join forces with bad guys.

Has Black Adam done anything recently?

'07 was when they first announced it

Attached: Screenshot_20190310-161759_Chrome.jpg (1080x1534, 624K)

You care to elaborate more? Because last time I checked
>Tried to kill Billy Batson upon his release
>Killed a child to earn his place as champion originally
>Provides asylum for supervillains during Doomsday Clock, and attacks the U.N. while the Justice League is busy on Mars with Osterman
>Still rules Kandaq with an iron fist, and helped Sinestro on occasion
Yeah because they worship him as a damn god, and he smites any and all crime that occurs.

>Zachery Levi is going to fight the Rock

Attached: 1289798318876.png (353x606, 15K)

Sounds so weird but also amazing. The people's champ vs chuck with lightning

Why do you think Black Adam got his own movie instead of being introduced in Shazam as originally intended?

The Rock doesn't play bad guys. Black Adam will be a misunderstood hero for sure.

His first movie role was the bad guy.

>Provides asylum for supervillains during Doomsday Clock

His borders were open to all metahumans.

Fighting with my Family. Which was unironically amazing

He's just like, straight up a protagonist for most of Johns JSA

I found this place in late 2007, so OK.

Not surprised. The silver age hawks don't make a lot of sense(why are alien cops running around bare chested and using archaic weapons like barbarians?) and when you strip away that and make them plain space cops like Hawkworld, they're not really the anything like the classic Hawkman and Hawkgirl you want them them to be. And you get a lot more stories out of the golden age hawks with their reincarnation stuff. Take Gentleman Ghost for example. To the golden age hawks he's the ghost of a highwayman robber they busted in one of their previous lives. What is he to the silver age hawks? And the Golden Age Hawk mythos has been the primary one since Johns resurrected it in JSA following Hawkworld and Zero hour crashing the thanagarian hawks and the entire franchise for years. Golden age hawkman has been in more recent adaptations than the silver age versions. The biggest use of the silver age versions came from JLU having a the thanagarian Hawkgirl and they still had Egyptian reincarnation hawkman in their final season. The last time they tried to push the thanagarian mythos for hawkman in the comics was the new 52 and they recently reverted to the Carter Hall reincarnation version.

Short version: the only reason to go with the Thanagarian Hawks is "muh silver age"

It was a different time.

And then he literally got a spinoff where it was revealed the character was a misunderstood hero.

Attached: The Scorpion King.jpg (421x600, 49K)

DCs endgame will be the reformation of the JSA in place of the Justice League. It makes sense, and if they really do Flashpoint the timeline, it'll be a good way to have your new team in the following decade.

I hope this also leads to a Hawkman solo movie.

>We will never get a Teen Titans movie

Feels bad man.

Honestly, how the fuck haven't they done one yet? Especially considering how absurdly popular their cartoons are.

>Flashpoint
No, they'll get the guy who did Doctor Manhattan in the Watchmen movie to come back and do a Doomsday Clock movie.

That's the plan.

>The Rock and Cavill have the same agent
>Production has finally started on Black Adam
>Superman appears in Shazam
Guys, could it actually happen?

Attached: MV5BNGIyZDEzYzktNmU1NS00ZmMxLTgyM2ItY2I5ZGNkMTU0Yjk3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjYyODQ0OTQ@._V1_.jpg (945x531, 80K)

That wouldn't be bad either.

Attached: thinking.png (750x924, 647K)

No because this is the Superman that appears and only in the end credits

Attached: D0_Lp-mXcAA-ryQ.jpg (687x194, 16K)

I didn't expect Superman to show up in Shazam at all

Atom Smasher?
Really?

No GL, Flash, or Wildcat... No Mid-Nite or Sandman or Mr. Terrific... Freaking Atom Smasher?

I guess GL and Flash would take away attention from Black Adam

he attacked the UN with an army of metahumans

Black Adam and Atom-Smasher used to be no homo best bros in the comics.

Attached: Bros4Lyfe.jpg (1024x873, 78K)

Still, what lame-ass version of the Justice Society is this? Hawkman hasn't been a regular member of the team since before Zero Hour, Stargirl is a second tier member at best, and Atom Smasher barely rates. This is JSA not Infinity Inc.

If people get amped about Superman showing up it might, Cahill wants a mos2 (If it happens let's hope it gets a new director)

Fucking pleb.

And?

His interactions with Sinestro are spot on and totally golden.

I am aware. But if you read the character summaries, they're going for the awkward Kitty-Colossus style romance between him and Courtney, not the bromance that made Atom Smasher a murderer.

Quick Yea Forums cast Stargirl

Attached: ipanews_48fb51d3-268e-4c05-a933-2afe85260dfc_1.jpg (620x349, 22K)

Than you, Hawkworld is the only good story with the Thanagarian Hawks. Even then Hawkworld isn't enough to build a franchise on.

What are you talking about? Hawkman fucking lead them.

>The Rock and Cavill have the same agent
Are you sure? I believe Henry Cavill’s agent is The Rock’s Ex-Wife

Hawkman and Black adam being rivals is a cool idea, what with the Egypt conection. Has this happened before?

My dick supports this casting.

Dany Garcia is still the Rocks agent even though they divorced. How they can still be so amicable makes little sense to me Unless the rumors are true and the Rock is a closet case

Pretty sure this is a sort of testing the waters for that.

I presume they want a middle eastern actor for Carter so they can have him play Kufhu in flashbacks and not have it look awkward and out of place as fuck like it does in stuff like LoT.

>that spoiler
He absolutely is. His muscles and hanging out with attractive attractresses is a huge cope.

Did we both read the same comics? Goyer and Johns had that Return of Hawkman arc, but he barely stuck around and definitely didn't lead the team. He'd show up for one arc then disappear for three.

Sometimes couples split up and stay friends.

It's rare, but it happens.

Attached: Aquafam.jpg (1910x1000, 419K)

I didn't mean to insult Hawkworld itself, but most people who want Hawkman want him bare chested in a harness with realistic wings swinging a mace, not in a black suit with metal wings and a laser rifle. That's why Hawkworld wasn't a good foundation which led to them trying to fuse golden age Hawkman and Hawkworld Hawkman in zero hour together thus trainwrecking Hawkman as a franchise. It's not hard to see why it failed and ultimately led to a situation where the Golden Age version has reasserted himself over his silver age replacement.

Attached: Katar_Hol_001.jpg (728x1024, 208K)

He likes making money, she likes making money, they make money together. That soothe a lot

He appeared on Doomsday Clock.

Read Black Reign, its an arc on JSA. But read the Return of Hawkman first for context.

Exactly, Aliens are boring antway. I want Hawkman as a badass warrior poet.

DID SOMEBODY SAY STARGIRL?!

Attached: ySmvEkD.jpg (2122x3000, 1.47M)

Attached: hvW4rK9.jpg (2122x3000, 1.61M)

Attached: zf5rr7e.jpg (2121x3000, 1.55M)

We'll get one someday.Just hope it's good.

fuck off Dobson

any inflation that doesn't end in violent explosion can get fucked imo

Sounds wiggy

bump

Why are they even making a Black Adam movie? Why not just wait until Shazam 2?

Would it work?

Because The Rock is a headliner guaranteed to get asses in seats

Of course we won't.
They would need Cyborg for that.
The only way it's happening is if Damian gets introduced and we get the lame one with him and Beetle in it.
We'll never have a good live action Starfire.

Attached: 844.jpg (864x864, 93K)

Attached: ElizabethLail.jpg (1200x1800, 153K)

Too bad you're already retarded.

Attached: 1551584141156.jpg (1024x1616, 782K)

>BLACK ADAM currently has no director attached, and is eyeing a possible 2022 release date.
it's like I've time-warped back to 2015 again!

Attached: Wow.jpg (220x180, 8K)

>Because The Rock is a headliner guaranteed to get asses in seats*
*Faster, Doom, Snitch, Planet 51, Gridiron Gang, Pain and Gain, Walking Tall, Baywatch, Tooth Fairy, The Rundown, Be Cool, Hercules and Race to Witch Mountain not valid with this offer.

Attached: 1420894043723.png (536x468, 256K)

Basically the DC version of Channing Tatum as Gambit.

I guess it makes sense to use Egyptian Hawkman since they can just say they used to know each other before he died and reincarnated and such.

>This is just catering to Dwayne so he doesn't have to play a bad guy.
wasn't he the bad guy in like 3 of his most well known movies? (mummy returns, doom and the fast & the furious movie his character debuted in)

>not doing this when he still had hair

>why are alien cops running around bare chested and using archaic weapons like barbarians?

because they're John Carter of Mars style aliens? Anyway, they can always go the Ancient Aliens route and say Thanagarians inspired the hawks of Egypt

If they just establish that reincarnation doesn't mean getting the same body, they would get around this

Now this is a smart thing to do. Based DC is learning.

If Black Adam won't be too villainous, they will need someone to team up against. Maybe they could use Vandal Savage, as it turns out LOT was a test run for him as well as the Hawks, and keep him as a recurring villain who could maybe salvage Eisenlex if they want.

The 'villain' is going to be the JSA trying to stop him. A Hawkman vs Black Adam fight will be sick.

JSA was the villain when it invaded Kahndaq so I'm okay with this.

But the JSA need to live.

No, it has to be broken.

Who said they're going to die?

So there's no DCEU anymore but there's an Aquaman shared universe and a Shazam shared universe?

Attached: 1311922369138.jpg (400x300, 20K)

>Anyway, they can always go the Ancient Aliens route and say Thanagarians inspired the hawks of Egypt
Yup this is ecactly what they did in the by having a Thanagarian ship crash in ancient egypt which is where Khufu got his Nth metal. Thanagar itself as part of the DCU cosmic setting is the only real contribution of the Silver Age hawks, and easily salvagable and graftable on to the Golden Age version.

They can fail in their initial attempt, retreat and regroup with Shazam for the sequel Shazam vs Black Adam.

Not sure why he feels the need to do this. They're literally casting all these characters for his Stargirl show.

Its still the same universe they just aren't sharing lead actors anymore. They don't want to do teamups. I'm fine with no Justice League 2 now if it means Justice League Elseworld film later.

>There will be a Stargirl DC Universe series but also a different Stargirl in the DCEU
Bravo Johns

She's already been cast for the series. Will there be another for a film?

Attached: 38864557_325973887975665_858937925272862720_n.jpg (1080x1188, 1.23M)

>stahlwart
already I know this is from cosmic book news and not at all based in reality

>Black Adam
>2022 release

this film has been in production for almost nine years if it actually does happen and gets released when they think it will.