Has anyone noticed that the media keeps referring to Endgame as the "final" MCU movie?

Has anyone noticed that the media keeps referring to Endgame as the "final" MCU movie?

What exactly are they trying to pull here? Sure it's the end of the Thanos arc but that's not what they're saying. They're actually calling it the LAST movie. When even in the immediate future we know we have Spider-Man 2 and GotG3. Like it would have made sense if Marvel was careful not to announce ANY films after Endgame, so it really seemed like it was the last, only to suddenly reveal more, but they didn't do that. We KNOW that Marvel intends to keep this going until it stops making them money (at which point they probably will do a movie that they advertise as the very last one) so I don't understand the journalists' "endgame", so to speak. Especially because Captain Marvel has proven that the money is still flowing, despite critical reviews whining. Are they so tired of Marvel movies that they hope that if they repeat "This is the end of the MCU" enough people will actually believe it? Because it's going to look really embarrassing for them when that gambit fails and yet another phase of the MCU begins.

Attached: p15366809_p_v8_aa.jpg (960x1440, 285K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gamespot.com/articles/do-you-need-to-see-captain-marvel-before-avengers-/1100-6465463/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's a jumping off point for everyone who doesn't give enough of a shit anymore

Yep, right here.

That still doesn't explain why they're falsely claiming it's the final movie. I actually suspect it's because they want to turn around and start talking up DC which has been getting praised very highly lately and keeps changing the race of characters at a much faster rate than Marvel.

are they though? or are you just reading too much into it?

To be honest I don't suspect anything like that at all but I was hoping it would be incendiary enough to get the thread going. Apparently not.

Post one (1) single media outlet calling in the final movie.

I was hoping you would ask.

gamespot.com/articles/do-you-need-to-see-captain-marvel-before-avengers-/1100-6465463/

>Captain Marvel is the final stop on the Marvel Cinematic Universe space train that's been hurtling inexorably towards Avengers: Endgame for an entire decade. What Marvel has accomplished with the MCU is basically a miracle, tying disparate franchises with varying tones and dozens of characters together into one masterful tapestry that somehow, against all odds, really works. This has never been done before--or even attempted--which means there's no set template for how to end it. Marvel had to sit down and decide, at some point, whether they'd make Captain Marvel so integral to the plot of Endgame that this penultimate MCU movie would be essential viewing.

Doesn't it say final stop before Endgame? Not final movie.

>gamespot
But fair enough, that’s one. You found one retarded reviewer on the internet.

That hardly represents “the media.”

Obviously Marvel is satisfied with the amount of money they have and don't feel any need to make more money.

Because it's the point where all the grown men can consider it's been a good run and it's great that they've gotten to see so many high budget well done superhero movies, but ultimately it's time to grow up and stop spending so much time on this hobby.

>Marvel had to sit down and decide, at some point, whether they'd make Captain Marvel so integral to the plot of Endgame that this penultimate MCU movie would be essential viewing.

And the answer was no, only the Avengers films are essential desu

>so much time
You mean 4-6 hours per year?

it may be the end of the phase, but for example there's still spider-man europe after it but they haven't been telegraphing as much of whats ahead as they used to.

it could they want to make this movie more of an event

Haven't even seen the first two Avengers films and I had no trouble with Infinity War. Vaguely knew who some of the characters were from video games and stuff and it was easy enough to figure out from context stuff like "Okay so this robot dude has an ongoing romance with the witch girl."

These are not hard movies to follow. I find it baffling to learn that this is apparently a thing critics keep complaining about in their reviews. How stupid have they become?

>spider-man europe
Oh, so THAT'S what the title is about? Huh.

If only it was all over.

Because Carol gonna kill the brand

They're going to make these movies forever as long as they can squeeze money out of it

I guess this is basically what you're implying but I think they just want to keep a lot of things secret about Endgame and the only reason they haven't said much about what's next. Like if they had a lot of movies announced and there wasn't a Cap movie in there that would basically be confirmation that Cap is dying in this one. I'm honestly not sure why they even announced the Spider-Man movie, especially considering he's one of the ones they killed in Infinity War. But I guess the sparse lineup of future films does give the impression that the MCU is ending so this tactic is a double edged sword.

I have a feeling that after Endgame is out we're going to get a massive wave of announcements and it's going to be like "Oh, so that's what they were working on all this time."

>I'm honestly not sure why they even announced the Spider-Man movie
Spiderman is going to release this July, it would be risky and weird to keep its existence hidden until only a couple of months before release, not to mention it'd be an almost impossible effort due to things like leaked set pictures