What does Yea Forums think of Creepshow 1 & 2? With it's comic inspired story telling and animated segments...

What does Yea Forums think of Creepshow 1 & 2? With it's comic inspired story telling and animated segments, do you think they should be talked about more? Which stories did you think were good or bad?

Attached: creepshow.jpg (1024x864, 132K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ggWS4tTzs60
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Both Creepshows were amazing and Tales from the Crypt was also amazing. There needs to be more pulp horrors in comics, shows, and movies.

Apparently, not a lot of people liked the 2 as much as the first one. Idgi, the second one was still a lot of fun. It was like watching an R-rated Saturday morning cartoon.

There's a power gap between 1 and 2 in terms of quality, but 2 is still good. The Raft is top tier and up to par with the segments in the first film, but Old Chief Wooden Head and The Hitchhiker are kinda bland but still entertaining. The first Creepshow also had better direction overall and is probably Romero's best film (yeah, even compared to Dawn of the Dead, etc.).

>but Old Chief Wooden Head and The Hitchhiker are kinda bland

I agree about the Hitchhiker being bland, but I like Old Chief Wooden Head.

The original creepshow is probably my favorite comic book-related movie ever

I love the Creepshow comic because the art is gorgeous, the movie was alright but it wasn't really my thing.

Attached: ....jpg (600x900, 86K)

I actually remember a lot more of the second one than the first one; Something to Tide You Over is the one segment I remember quite a bit of.

Same here.

>Creepshow 3
Fuck off.

Attached: Chief.png (349x232, 131K)

NON CANON REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Anyway, Tales from the Darkside the Movie is the "real" Creepshow 3. It actually has contributions from Romero and King and I think Savini; way more of a Creepshow flick than that pos straight to DVD thing.

The Raft is the only really good part of 2.

The Bernie Wrightson comic adaptation of the first movie is really cool.

POWER RANKINGS

>King Tier
The Crate
They're Creeping Up on You
The Raft

>Based Tier
The Lonesome Death of Jordy Verrill
Something to Tide You Over

>Good Tier
Father's Day
The Hitchhiker
The Cat From Hell (written for Creepshow 2, not used until Tales from the Darkside the Movie)

>Meh Tier
Old Chief Wooden Head

>Shit Tier
None; every segment is at least entertaining even when they're bland.

>Old Chief Wooden Head

that was so retarded. i loved it

The first Creepshow is to this day the best adaptation of the comic book medium to film.
I rewatched Sin City recently and feels kinda cheap and awkward. It hasn't aged very well. Creepshow is still pure class.

Creepshow 2 feels like a decent enough TV spinoff but it's nowhere near the first one.

>The Lonesome Death of Jordy Verrill
stephen king's """acting""" was chief wooden head tier embarrassing

The first is excellent, the second is still good fun. With the 'panel' borders, stylized angles and lighting, it really is underrated in how experimental it was for the time. Look at how badly Ang Lee fucked up his attempt to do the same in Hulk, and I actually defend that movie.

One thing I love about Creepshow is that there's a whole bunch of things you notice on repeat viewings, like the ashtray, how it can be interpreted that the spilled Jim Beam helped Nathan Grantham come back (he WAS a bootlegger), and the theory that "They're Creeping up on You" actually takes place in a mental institution, which I don't buy (Pratt is still getting phone calls from business associates), but is fun to think about.

Rare instances when the sequel is better than the original

Not so rare instance when a retard posts in an otherwise decent thread.

For someone who had no business acting, he did well enough. It fit the comedy relief angle of the story.

Now, as for King's directing as per Maximum Overdrive, yeah. Bad idea.

Besides it's over the top on purpose, like the rest of the movie. It's trying to adapt the purple prose and overwrought nature of those type of comics.

>people disliking the Chief's story
Why though?

Attached: wooden_head.jpg (897x486, 47K)

I mean, its a story about some "Gee willikers!" dumb hillbilly who finds a meteor, and gets killed by alien grass.

Not sure exactly what type of acting you were expecting from something like that.

The first one is one of my all time favorites, seen it dozens of times. The second one sucks ass, but I like the poster.

>Tales from the Darkside the Movie is the "real" Creepshow 3. It actually has contributions from Romero and King and I think Savini; way more of a Creepshow flick than that pos straight to DVD thing.

i honestly liked that better than either of the creepshow movies

>Now, as for King's directing as per Maximum Overdrive, yeah. Bad idea.

It was almost worth it just for the gloriously cheesy commercial.

youtube.com/watch?v=ggWS4tTzs60