What is Yea Forums's thoughts on Buzz Lightyear of Star Command?

What is Yea Forums's thoughts on Buzz Lightyear of Star Command?

Attached: PVIrNAn.png (742x720, 761K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.org/details/BuzzLightyearOfStarCommand1x12StrangeInvasionlowQuality
archive.org/details/BuzzLightyearOfStarCommand2x10HolidayTimembaldw
youtu.be/xEy1hLbalS4
youtube.com/watch?v=906LnMI-yPM
youtube.com/watch?v=475sUYDvBhs
henshingrid.blogspot.com/2011/08/lord-zedd-and-emperor-zurg-seperated-at.html
youtube.com/watch?v=ak8Pll8UL3k
youtube.com/watch?v=InTjlaTSBu0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Kino

One of the most enjoyable cartoons I have ever watched. The show was just a delight, every episode funny and engaging.

I only vaguely remember it, but the blue girl made my little boy peepee hard. So I assume it was a good show.

Very very good. Easily the best out of all the Disney spin-off series.

to infinity and beyond

It was in fact very good and also had many sexy babeliens.

>What is Yea Forums's thoughts on
JUST FUCKING SAY WHAT YOU THINK OF THE SHOW ! instead of waiting like a coward to see which way the wind blow.

Also, XR is best character.

>What is Yea Forums's thought
We had some pretty in-depth threads about it, but they were all technically Mira Nova threads.
Underrated for what it was.

Zerg in this show was great. He was goofy but still intimidating when it counts.

It really didn't have any business be as good as it was. Zurg especially was a complete delight, perhaps even on par with Aku in terms of enjoyable villains. Other mentions go to NOS-4A2, Gravatina, and Warp Darkmatter. I guess my least favorite character was Booster.

On another note, can we make Mira Nova a flavor of the month? She was cute

Attached: Emporer Zurg.png (624x908, 459K)

It’s pretty rare for a villain to be both consistently rather than one or the other.

>tie in animated series for a made up brand in a movie
>ends up being one of Disney's best spinoff products

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 13K)

Everything disney up till 2004 got its own animated series

Right? I know Aladdin and Hercules are often commended, but Buzz arguably blows both of them out of the water in terms of quality.

Better than Pixar's entire filmography

IMO
Buzz > Hercules >>> Aladdin.
Star Command was my favorite show when I was a kid, and Hercules was incredibly witty. Aladdin was pretty good but I was used to see adventure shows back then, so I wasn't as impressed.

This seems to be a relevant thread for this question that's been bothering me for years, so maybe you can help me out Yea Forums. On the Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin ride in Walt Disney World, do you hear XR's voice when the ride breaks down? Way back during my first visit there in 2006, I remember we temporally stopped in the room that you can see from the Peoplemover and I'm fairly certain XR's voice came on and said the "we will begin moving again shortly" spiel.

>Awkwardly rambles on while phasing her hand into your head

Attached: Mira Nova.png (278x500, 69K)

Other then the mural at WDW's gift shop and the now gone Booster photo-op they had there, the Buzz Lightyear rides actively avoid referencing the show.

Creative team on Disneyland's even created a triclops donut steel of Mira for Star Command mural filler.

Attached: 3661631348_3499098f6b.jpg (500x378, 250K)

Wish they integrated Buzz's team into the Toy Story canon. Would be unnecessary but fun.

Well that's shitty. And a shame too, because it was a great show. I wish Lasseter didn't bury it so hard.

HYPER DEATH-RAY

Attached: HYPER DEATH-RAY.jpg (461x341, 50K)

Show needed more Gravitina.

Attached: gravitina_5000.png (3022x5000, 1022K)

Yet another cartoon that Disney refuses to release in HD

It gave me my favorite reaction image

Attached: when you notice the death ray isn't hyper.jpg (716x606, 50K)

She had, what, only two episodes?

>Couldn't get the regular Buzz dick so got the Evil Buz dick instead

Three

I'm willing to bet Wayne Knight ad-libbed a good chunk of Zurg's lines, owing to how there's no moving lips on him to worry about syncing to.

I only saw two: her introduction episode and the one with Evil Buzz. What was the third?

The one where she inflated Buzz's head

They did the whole character travels to the future and sees a museum about him i think
I love even shows do that

What about tarzan?

The closest anybody did was in the Boom comics, which Pixar also deems non-canon.

man chooses to wear a dress and a cape you know he's not to be trifled with

Reminds me of those weird Sega Saturn ads

Attached: hfs_poster.jpg (535x792, 79K)

When you think about it, Mira really has to be one of the most powerful non-deity characters from any Disney/Pixar work.

>Best of the Disney spin off series

but that's Jumanji.

As for Buzz Lightyear, it was pretty good, the blue lady did things to my dick

>Jumanji
>Disney

shit was it not? I coulda sworn I remember watching it and Recess on the same channel, and I know Recess is disney

It sure had a lot of waifu potential

Attached: starcommandgirls.png (782x615, 415K)

I don't know where you are, but here in the US Jumanji was on UPN, not ABC like Recess.

Recess was on UPN for a while, in a block with Tarzan, Buzz Lightyear and Digimon.

Plus you know, Jumanji wasn't a Disney movie

I remember watching this with my dad and there was the episode that Buzz and Mira turned into slime monsters and we just laughed and laughed together on the couch the whole time.

I grew up in England

And well damn I realise that now, I guess I just remembered it wrong (Jumanji cartoon WAS fucking great though)

I remember my friend and I had a mix tape of weird jingles, songs, and radio broadcasts that we would play while watching this show muted. The characters alone were so expressive that something in the mixtape would always match up to something humerous.
Show was pretty good in itself as well.

NOS4A2 is still the best villain.

That some impressive curved space-time right there.

I still remember the sound effect they used for Mira phasing through stuff

Rewatching recently I really was struck by Mira's voicework

She felt so alive, nigga

And stacked, god damn she had some tiddies

Attached: buzz.jpg (450x432, 32K)

Alladin had its moments. The hercules crossover was pretty fun too.

It's because he's already a successful villian. He has his own planet, which is so well defended that star command can't just attack willy-nilly and he LOVES being evil.

Aku and Zurg are examples of villians that can just enjoy things now that they already succeeded at some level.

And both have super serious and competent rivals because to be able to keep up with their innate skills and knack for villany, you need hyper competent and skiled serious heroes.

Star Command and Aladdin were dope

I also was hella into the Little Mermaid series

The Wirewolf was pretty cool too

>a death ray that isn't hyper
That's nary a death ray at all!

Being voiced by Wayne Knight was part of it; he hit just the right tone of menacing and goofy.

Attached: Zurg - Master of Disguise.jpg (640x480, 32K)

I remember watching this as a kid on UPN (back when that was still around) every morning before school. I loved the show

not Treasure Planet, sadly

this could be my misremembering, but didn't they kinda make it like the cartoon buzz is from in the original movie?

it's odd, but I still remember the christmas episode from this show

I need to alternate shows to keep myself from getting bored, would this go good back to back with House of Mouse? I was about to start that too. I used to watch both growing up, but I don't remember much of either other than the part of the song IT'S OUR HOUSE NOW

I have a Buzz Lightyear VHS.

Attached: 20160302_204228.jpg (1421x1357, 210K)

Yeah, the idea is that it's the show that goes with the in-movie toyline.

Had a dope game boy game

What was that, a 3 or 4 episode saga?
For a cartoon back in those days that was a big deal.

Enola og t'nod...

I really hope I remembered that right.

Enola eno on.

Has anything else done that "ghosts speak backwards because they're on the other side" thing? 'Cause it's a really good idea.

He's still got it, too.

Attached: Sheldgoose and Felldrake.png (1364x721, 548K)

It was treasure island in space. No big loss.

Knowing that he’s gone now, there might be some hope.

Better than it had any right to be, but still a solid B-tier show. Not a classic by any stretch.

I haven't seen since I was a kid. If someone has a mega for it then I can see if it still holds up.

For those who watched it while it was in UPN, was it a millennial or Gen Z show? I notice that it aired there until 2003.

Mira Leeds when?

Attached: zurg makes good on his threats.webm (640x480, 1.14M)

Is there a HQ mega to this or something?

What makes a MEGA high quality? Like I get the show being in high quality, but grammatically that's not what you're asking

*Lewds.
Fuck!

I think he means at least 720p with no Disney ads/logos

I loved it when I was 7 years old.

Yeah, that ain't happening. All we have is TV rips.

Attached: Buzz Lightyear of Star Command - 2x11 - Opposites Attract [mbaldw].avi_snapshot_03.44_[2019.03.09_19 (640x480, 381K)

>What is Yea Forums's thoughts on Buzz Lightyear of Star Command?

I think you should be able to watch all of it.

Season 1: archive.org/details/BuzzLightyearOfStarCommand1x12StrangeInvasionlowQuality
Season 2: archive.org/details/BuzzLightyearOfStarCommand2x10HolidayTimembaldw

Attached: buzzlightyear-12.jpg (320x183, 24K)

Haven't watched much of this show. I played that Ps1 game for it though. That fucking robo-wolf level man...

It hurts all the more for knowing the setting is perfect for putting a series in.

The decision to make that game a rail shooter will never cease to baffle me

Fuck that level. Everything before and after the second Canis Lunus was a breeze.

That episode has always stuck with me for some reason.

Same, it was some really good horror/suspense stuff, at least early in the episode.

She gave me a thing for women wearing elbow-length gloves. Not saying it's a full-blown paraphilia, but seeing a woman wearing a pair of those certainly perks me up

I loved the running joke of Buzz suspecting Zurg of doing relatively harmless evil things like stealing his newspaper only to be proved right later on.

Loved it from the first time I saw the animated movie/pilot.

Booster a cute

I loved it as a kid, I wonder if it still holds up

>the pen-like activation device

had the VHS movie-thing of it as a kid...
kind of liked it, thought mira was kind of hot.

wish they had more stuff/it was referenced more in toy-story aside from Zerg.

I think it's a great loss, Treasure Planet would've made a great series.
It wasn't entirely perfect in it's execution, a lot should've/could've been fixed/done better but it scratched an itch for "space-fantasy" pretty well.

I had forgotten about the waitress.

>The pen-like activation device for his HYPER DEATH-RAY!

it was a beautiful blend of three separate animation mediums in a way that didn't feel jarring

God, i forgot how petty Zurg was. I love it

Whose side are you on?

Attached: 1547700986022.jpg (2400x2429, 1.55M)

I also have the Buzz Lightyear VHS
Used to watch it so many times as a kid. It's my favorite movie

Attached: mira_nova___wardrobe_malfunction_by_inspector97_d6a8aj2-pre.jpg (790x1012, 102K)

Haha

>tfw no good muscle mira art

I wish more shows would do this.

Battlesaurs TV show when?

Attached: Battlesaurs.png (580x294, 301K)

The best cartoon ever aired on disney channel IMHO , it deserved a proper finale

Wait, what's the wardrobe malfunction?

What was the final episode anyway?
I always assumed it was the end of the Wirewolf saga or the "oven mitts" episode, and honestly either one of them seemed like good notes to end things on.

I think it did get a finale where they attack Zurg’s planet and finally capture him.

I would dare say Zurg was more entertaining than aku , his dialogue was much more clever, being voiced by newman really helped.

Also why didn't this get a crossover with Lilo and Stitch?

>Also why didn't this get a crossover with Lilo and Stitch?

L&S the series aired years later and had a distinctly different galactic society

No, what I meant was that it never got a resolution, thought personally I consider "LOST IN TIME " to be the finale because Zurg is defeated ALMOST for good and the animation is just...holy shit it's beautiful, heard somewhere that particular episode was animated by the people that made Inuyasha, and it shows

youtu.be/xEy1hLbalS4

Attached: 1410675101306.jpg (240x240, 8K)

>L&S the series aired years later and had a distinctly different galactic society
They could always open a portal to a different dimension, or just say that capital planet is in another galaxy

I'm still pissed that they never used anyone from it in the toy story series.

>look it up
>final episode was 42
Dammit, that's one of the worst episodes to end it on.

youtube.com/watch?v=906LnMI-yPM

Attached: Disappointmen.png (606x203, 233K)

>heard somewhere that particular episode was animated by the people that made Inuyasha, and it shows
Lolwut

Come to think of it, there are a few episodes where the animation goes full anime for some reason

The show knew how to do horror.

Zurg's dreadnaught appears in the Toy Story 3 videogame thought, that's something

Of course not. Pixar wanted nothing to do with what they considered an insult to their movies.

If only ASFR-fags were able to make anything half this cool

X & Y? I didn't get to Z

>NOS-4A2
Wtf Joe Hill is a hack fraud

Late millennial. Zoomer shows began during the 06-07 school year.

>You're telling me my plan. I know what the plan is, I came up with the plan, it's MY plan. What I DON'T know is how close you are TO ACCOMPLISHING MY PLAN!

I really hope the series will be on Disney Plus so we can finally get some decent rips.

Zurg’s debut scheme was full Darkseid

>"Final Crisis" is a crossover storyline that appeared in comic books published by DC Comics in 2008
>"Buzz Lightyear of Star Command: The Adventure Begins, the Movie"
>August 8, 2000

Oh boy, here we go.

HYPET DEATH-BUMP!

nice

Fond memories of X and Y.

Enjoyed some of Z but didn't care for most.

Very few have an overarching story so you can watch a few of the best episodes and ignore the rest.

It was nice but forgettable

Some of X, a lot of Y and most of Z. I have different memory associations with each.

>Late millennial.

True.

This is one of the last shows I remember watching in that same wide eyed kiddy way I watched other, older stuff like Batman TAS.

Haven't seen it but...

>generic hero
>thin geek
>big comic relief
>token female

Did I get that right?

I remember liking it when it was on. Also this one episode where everyone got turned into blob monsters then when everyone got turned back to normal literally everyone was naked.

Not really. The show kind of leans into the idea of Buzz being way too into stopping Zurg all the time, Booster is more the geek than XR (who is basically Bender minus the booze and cigars) and Mira is a mild send-up of various female tropes that Disney sort of created in the Disney Renaissance

XR was a Pint-Size Kids Show Friendly Bender

And that is no bad thing

Oh yeah that's right Mira is a princess isn't she? I completely forgot about that.

Nigger you what

So, let's say this thread is still around in 4 to 6 hours.
Would anyone be up for it if I hosted a stream of a few episodes that are on Youtube? I'd want to do the whole Wirewolf story and a few other things if possible.

>watching House of Shit
Kill yourself

Mira is best waifu

We could have had Buzz encounter a toy Mira Nova

A Booster action figure showed up in BOOM! Kids' Toy Story comics
I recall a little after Toy Story 3 somebody came up with ideas for a Mira toy developing a relationship with Woody

I wanna fuck mira nova

>a Mira toy developing a relationship with Woody

That sounds amazing

JIM CRACKIN' DANDY

>That's not a spacecraft! It's obviously a weather balloon.

Took me years to get this joke.

It was weird seeing buzz wearing clothes that weren't his space suit. I'm used to the space suit being his body.

Most of Y even though I was born in 97 and I'm "supposed" to be a zoomer. Honestly anyone born after 2001 is a Zoomer.

There lies the genius. She's so non-princess-y that you'd completely forget it if the show didn't remind you on occasion, and yet at the same time she's not stereotypically non-princess-y.

Should probably finally rewatch some of it I barely remember anything about the show

>"Your honor, I swear I didn't know she was under warranty!"

Some of the banter was absolutely amazing
>Zurg: "Behold the Hydro-Transdibulator!!!"
>Mira: "Transdibulator? Is that even a word?"
>Buzz: "I think he made it up."
>Zurg: "I DID NO SUCH THING!!!"
>Buzz: "Did too."
>Zurg: "DIDN'T!"
>Buzz: "Did!"
>Zurg: "DID NOT!!!"
>Buzz: "Then use it in a sentance."
>Zurg: "Fine! I... Uhh... Well, i went down to the store and... Ummm... Brought some Transdibulators..."
>Buzz: "Nice try."
>Zurg: "OH OK, FINE! I MADE IT UP! I can do that, I'm an evil emperor. It's a perk, it comes with the job. Making up words, blowing up planets, it's all the same to me."

>"No, not my Hydro-Transdibulator! And after all the hard work of making up a word for it! CURSE YOU, BUZZ LIGHTYEAR!"

My favourite Zergisms are probably:

>Zerg "Aaaah, weapons testing, the best part of an evil emperor's work week... That and Casual Friday (Camera pans back to reveal he's in a dressing gown.)
>Brain-Bot (Wearing a stetson) "Aw, man, I thought it was hat day
>Zerg shoots the brain-bot with plasma-cannon "YOU THOUGHT WRONG!!!"

>you're telling me my plan, I already know my plan, I made up the plan, it's MY plan. What I DON'T know IS HOW CLOSE YOU ARE TO ACCOMPLISHING MY PLAN!

>Brain-bot: "Sorry, my evil emperor, but these security codes are tougher to break than we thought."
>Zerg: "Stand aside, you simpleton. Work like this needs to be done delicately and with patience and finesse..." *starts smashing the console with his fists* "WORK YOU WORTHLESS MACHINE!!!"

>Zurg: fire a shot into the main reactor and it'll set off a chain reaction, destroying the whole ship.
>Buzz: How do you know that?
>Zurg: Please, it's a classic.

>"Round up the citizens and enslave the women and children first. I'm an equal-opportunity enslaver."

Zurg was absolutely fantastic
Although I was never a fan of nos4a2. I think he was the most boring of the recurring villains, because he was probably the most "serious" one.

So was this show, a show within a movie?

Like its something Andy watched in Toy Story?

Yep. Just look at the intro: youtube.com/watch?v=475sUYDvBhs

I dunno, I think there's something to be said for having a bad guy who is completely serious and unsympathetic - makes a nice contrast to every other villain

>But Buzz, that's against the rules! In the Space Ranger Manual, it clearly states no Ranger is to go on a mission without backup. I think it's Section B, subsection Delta.
>Actually, it's Section B, subsection Gamma.
>He's right, big guy, subsection Delta's the dress code. Incidentally, why can't we have nose rings?
>Because nose rings are for punks, little mister!
>Well, if you can take on Zurg alone, I don't see why XR can't have a nose ring.
>Hey, I was just making a statement, I'm not the one getting a nose ring.
>Then... who's getting a nose ring? [dramatic gasp] THAT'S why Buzz wants to ditch us!

It's the deliveries that make it perfect.

Also,
>You know, the guy's supposed to be some sort of evil genius, and the best he can come up with is a ventriloquist act. What's next, evil juggling?

Nice, didn't know that, but hearing their voices side to side I see it.

Attached: 1532935666874.jpg (485x764, 49K)

Most of Y, Reruns of X, Z had some good shows but they were either cut short or didn't leave an impact.

I always wanted to shag the ginger blue girl.

Where did Pixar say they didn't care for the show? I don't know the history.

I think it's supposed to be weird. They still make him wear that purple headwear even in casual clothes, so it's kinda the joke.

>Mira toy
I'm curious about what this would look like/what kind of toy it would be.

her proportions make it hard to make her into a toy, without sacrificing significant aspects of her design. (or making her awfully fragile to play with)

(Booster is pretty easy to make into a toy, he's bit and round and you can work easily with that.)

>have thing for short hair
>even bald sometimes can be good on chicks
>arm length gloves
>high thigh boots
>sit down and think of fetishes one day
>memory bubbles to surface of first confusing boner at gravitina

suddenly...suddenly everything is so clear

Even BLUE EYES WHAT THE FUCK

>Don't build it a trash compactor! Those always give the heroes enough time to find a way out!
>Make it an incinerator...

Attached: sad-kids-movie-moments-furnace-toy-story-.jpg (618x412, 84K)

Was part of Buzz's existential crisis that all these memories of his past adventures, his training and comrades in Star Command all fake and implanted?

I watched it on toon disney many years ago but I have fond memories. I would totally reccomend this to anyone who loves Toy Story

I'd sell a kidney for a battlesaurs cartoon

You know, that show really could be hardcore at times.

Not many kids shows have death by impalement.

Attached: death of nos4a2.png (757x567, 841K)

Robots are always exempt from death rules.

Booster was a hunk
grade A, Husbando

where's that pic of a toy Mira and Jesse

Loved that zurg ran his empire like a company

>anons claim Pixar didn't want the show
>literally did the intro

See, as much as i like the Wirewolf, the biggest problem is that the entire thing was shown WAY out of order. I mean, The Wirewolf showed up several times in season 1 and they made reference to the episode where Tye was infected. This confused me as a kid, because i hadn't seen it. Turns out, that the reason i hadn't seen it was because that episode was shunted to Season 2. Despite the other episodes being in Season 1

Always thought he was similar to Lord Zedd from Power Rangers.

henshingrid.blogspot.com/2011/08/lord-zedd-and-emperor-zurg-seperated-at.html

Update the list with Tarzan, 101 Dalmations, Proud Family and Brandy and Mr. Whiskers

>Flies into a blackhole, sets off a bomb that sets off a chain reaction that causes it to turn into sun and flies out before getting incinerated.

Is Buzz the greatest space marine?

Indeed.
Exhibit A: Every single episode of Samurai Jack.
youtube.com/watch?v=ak8Pll8UL3k
Just nuts and bolts.

it was one of those movies i watched on repeat alot when i was younger. I cant read out the entire script from memory, but there are various scenes ingrained into my mind. didnt watch too much of the show though.

Exhibit B: PG-13 for "intense sci fi action violence".

Attached: samurai jack.jpg (1920x1080, 421K)

I don't even know if he is right but if Disney paid them to do it, that doesn't mean they liked it

IMO holds up incredibly well for an early 00's Disney movie spin-off cartoon. The writing/overall banter is pretty sharp and I liked how it's also a show within Toy Story's world that the toys watch. Liked XR and Booster the most.

Syndication of this show was weird. There's one episode where Buzz suggests Gravitina find somebody more evil to date and leaves her on her planet... even though a previous episode Gravitina was dating that Evil Buzz from another dimension and the episode ended with her going to prison

Zurg and XR are easily the best parts of the show. I was actually disappointed hearing Zurg on the Buzz Lightyear ride at Disney World and the voice being so different than Wayne Knight's.

Attached: The X doesn't stand for experimental.png (389x306, 244K)

Exhibit C: The HARDAC episodes of Batman:TAS. The animators made the robot deaths as graphic as possible to stick it to the censors.

Thing is, Zedd started straight up scary while zurg always felt like an evil businessman, thought zedd had some great dialogue too.

While they both had star wars inspiration Zurg seemed more like vader while Zedd with his lighting and magic was obviously palpatine

>toy Mira and Jesse
quick google found a deviantart with this.

as far as I'm aware her design is interesting, but I'm kind of unsure how it would work when put alongside a toy version of Buzz and Booster. (the scale seems a bit off for starters) but Buzz lightyear (from what I remember) was a very very bulky toy, big enough to have a pack with AA batteries in it.

this mira looks a bit too small for that.

Attached: toyMiraAndJesseYouAREATOY.jpg (806x991, 86K)

>bayformers,

those designs were always way, way too busy looking, I can't even tell what's going on in this picture

at the very least it's not the nightmare monstrosity I've seen someone make from a barbie-doll..

The hardest parts about a mira that works well would probably be the shoulder/upper-arms, make them too skinny and they're going to be either far less "playable" or "posable" than Buzz or Booster's figures.

of course the toy companies basically ignored her.

I would settle for TV rips, as long as they're decent quality, like 480p and not super compressed.

This show is surprisingly funny well written and comfy
She dates a nogger

Gravitina was my first Yea Forums related fap
back in 2005

Attached: 1488175310438.gif (200x200, 2.47M)

I can dig it

Adorable

I guess you could say the experience was out of this world.

Attached: f5d133de-ca42-409d-a4bf-f3b7a6c7a8c3.jpg (600x600, 32K)

What always bugged me was that star command wasn't an army but more like a space police force yet they were up against Zurg who commanded armies big enough to conquer planets, add to that the fact that the rest of the rangers are not very capable and I'm left wondering how is it that Zurg doesn't rule the galaxy

Heroic character uses giant red hot sickles to gouge into his enemy's face and tear it apart on screen as the enemy screams out one final death scream of anguish

Star Command is more like a group made up of elite space warriors. And when you look at Zurg's minions, they're usually hilariously incompetent. Notably, Zurg almost did conquer the galaxy in the pilot movie, it just didn't work because of Buzz's moral character.

>Target the planet of the widows and orphans!
>You fiend!
>That got him.

>elite space warriors
Most of them are puzzled just by a couple hornets, hell even the rookies of team lightyear would feel a little incompetent at times.

As a kid I found it really noticeable because Clone wars would air in CN and I would just wonder how come the republic had the numbers to hold off a droid invasion yet star command was just a small satelite orbiting the earth and we're supposed to believe they are enough to keep Zurg's army at bay.

Maybe they were just a peacekeeping force like the blue helmets, and every planet had their own law enforcement/army

Just watched it. 10/10 line

Well that's also the difference between Zurg and the CIS in Star Wars. The CIS is a massive team up between some of the richest corporations in the galaxy that can bankroll a whole army vs. a bunch of trained from birth super soldiers. Zurg is one evil emperor with a single planet vs. a squad of spec ops soldiers (who notably have trouble with Hornets but those are specialized killbots made by an evil emperor). It's a pretty even fight, but one between two very small groups as opposed to a galaxy-spanning conflict.

I showed the movie to my gf for the first time and she lost it at that line. I'm so glad the show actually holds up.

A Mira figure probably wouldn't have the light-up feature but might have armor that pops off to reveal a clear version underneath to represent the ghost form. So it'd probably be a reasonably bulky toy as well though nowhere near as big as Buzz or Booster.

& I imagine the XR figure would come with changeable arms that, when attached, plays different lights & sounds, and when each of the other different Star Command figures comes with different arms to collect for the XR figure to make more lights and sounds

>Zurg is one evil emperor with a single planet
I think it was in the episode with the indestructible bugs were they mention Zurg domain is a Solar system and the galactic alliance is losing ground.

We at least saw he has a mining colony that's not planet Z

Closest we got was this

youtube.com/watch?v=InTjlaTSBu0