What is it with Yea Forums believing that the MCU shows are non-canon...

What is it with Yea Forums believing that the MCU shows are non-canon? Is it just shitposting and memes or do they really believe this?

Attached: images.jpg (739x415, 45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mcucosmic.com/2018/05/04/the-russos-briefly-considered-tv-characters-for-infinity-war/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The later.
'Cause it's true.

Or, let's say it's not. If the movies never acknowlege or reference anything from the shows, it's the same thing.

first of all, the helicarrier from Age of Ultron.

Second of all, Donald Trump never references the events of my life, doesn't mean the two of us don't exist in the same universe.

It's a meme.

Because the MCU shows are all non canon. It's not a meme or a shitpost. For example In AoS Coulson mentions not having any experience with the kree and aliens to Sif in season 1 but in Captain Marvel he mentions the Kree by name to Fury in a matter of fact type way like he knew them. That shows that the events of AoS and Netflix shows are not canon.

>first of all, the helicarrier from Age of Ultron
That was literally the show forcing a connection. Fury does not even refer to the show at all and vaguely says friends mothballed it.

>For example In AoS Coulson mentions not having any experience with the kree and aliens to Sif in season 1
This is a pretty simple continuity error, considering TAHITI. And on top of that there's Kree creatures captured since Peggy Carter's days too so whatever he said comes from a time when writers weren't aware of the direction the MCU was gonna take... Specially when every season since then has had something to do with the Kree.

>This is a pretty simple continuity error,
It's not an error. It's just proves that the film writers don't see the MCU shows as canon.

They're canon is the same sense that spin offs are canon. The spin offs are based on source material but they don't affect it in any way, but the source material can affect the spin offs.

I don't think Runaways or Cloak and Dagger fits into that, though.

Not really how it works, though. This isn't like Star Wars in which shows and movies have to reference each other or else they aren't in continuity, MCU shows are considered part of the same continuity unless directly contradicted, and so far they haven't. That's what they themselves have said.
There's also this:
mcucosmic.com/2018/05/04/the-russos-briefly-considered-tv-characters-for-infinity-war/
>“We made the briefest consideration of [including TV characters in ‘Infinity War’],” co-director Anthony Russo says. “When we’re alone in a room with [screenwriters Christopher] Markus and [Stephen] McFeely, we consider every idea. We like thinking of everything. But it seemed like the story that had been told within the movies was so specific and elaborate already that once we started working through the story, we knew we had our hands full just with this set of characters and narratives.”
You don't "briefly consider" something that supposedly isn't canon in first place, do you?
>I don't think Runaways or Cloak and Dagger fits into that, though.
They will reference each other at least, so there's that. And Cloak & Dagger references Misty Knight from the Netflix series.

>MCU shows are considered part of the same continuity unless directly contradicted, and so far they haven't.
If it contradicts continuity from the movies like the shows do then they are non canon.
> You don't "briefly consider" something that supposedly isn't canon in first place, do you?
The Russos were just playing lip service. They can't just tear down the show and says it's non canon because people won't care and the shows still help Disney but they are non canon.

AoS was considered canon when Whedon was one the architects of the MCU, since he has a financial interest, thus the appearance of Sif.

Peggy obviously has connection to Cap and, of course, so does Howard as well as to Tiny Stank by paternal relationship.

However, you'll never see Cooper used in a theatrical movie as Tony's dad if they were ever going to do anything with him in the next few years, they will just age down the actor from Mad Man as they aged down RDJ for Civil War, or they will both be recast or Iron Manlet will be killed off or made so obsolete there's no need to show Howard as anything other than a photo of Mad Men Stark.

But all the Netflix crap? Not only are the all cancelled but they don't exist, by their own admission and the admission of the Marvel TV bosses, as part of CINEMATIC UNIVERSE.

And Daredevil and Coulson don't even pretend that the Runaways are even on the same planet as they are.

If it makes you feel better to think they are canon, knock yourself out. Just know that the movies will never show anything from the shows. They had the chance in AoU to show characters in the hellicarrier bridge when Fury appears. Just one second, no explanation needed.
Did they?
No. They did not.

>If it contradicts continuity from the movies like the shows do then they are non canon.
It doesn't happen often enough for this to be an issue, specially when you can only mention one instance of it.
>The Russos were just playing lip service.
Aka "since it's not convenient for my narrative, I'll write it off as lip service." But do keep repeating "non canon" to hammer the point across, I'm sure it'll stick.
>And Daredevil and Coulson don't even pretend that the Runaways are even on the same planet as they are.
Well this is because Runaways happens in LA, while they're all the way on the East coast. Plus they're kids and vastly inconsequential.
Though they did change the alien origins in Runaways for no reasons, but I'd blame Loeb for that decision.

I wish they are not. Just go with their own universe like what DC do with their current series (Doom Patrol, Flash, Young Justice). The bigger your universe, the bigger the inconsistencies and continuity errors like said.

>since it's not convenient for my narrative, I'll write it off as lip service." But do keep repeating "non canon" to hammer the point across, I'm sure it'll stick.
It's not a narrative. If you believe the TV characters will ever show up in a film then you are a idiot. Kevin Feige is making canon shows to the MCU and Captain Marvel already proved AoS is non canon but keep being a retard and saying the MCU shows are canon.

It's like comics. Everything is sorta canon, until it isn't. But maybe it still is because of some nonsense. Only nerds care.

I believe the shows are canon in the sense that its all set in the same universe otherwise then what the hell is "The Incident" that the Netflix shows keep referencing. It also works best if its a mostly self contained story (AOS was insufferable in its first season when it kept banging you over the head that it was in the MCU). Also, before Infinity War, one could have argued that Guardians had the same amount of connection to the MCU as the shows.

in the shows, the movies are canon, but it’s entirely possible that a movie could decide to go against a show and make it non canon.

There are continuity errors like this in the movies themselves too, you know. In Iron Man, SHIELD is presented as an organization so new they haven't even got a name. Evidently, that gets disproved in the latter MCU movies, where the canon is that SHIELD has been operatinal since post-WWII. So what, Iron Man is not canon now?

Attached: aaaaaaaa.jpg (499x460, 78K)

These two. I get the feeling it's mostly SW obsessed nerds who think everything must fit obsessively even though they're different mediums with production teams and writers that are pretty much separate from each other. The fact that even with these differences they still try and play with some synergy is pretty remarkable, when other shows from other companies would've just recast characters if they needed them.

>SHIELD is presented as an organization so new they haven't even got a name.
Nope Coulson just says the whole name but he never says it a new organization.

Fury literally appeared in Agent of Shield, at least twice.

>These two. I get the feeling it's mostly SW obsessed nerds who think everything must fit obsessively even though they're different mediums with production teams and writers that are pretty much separate from each other.

Isn't that the point of a franchise though? You can't just have one guy directing and writing all the movies, you need some variety and room for experimentation to keep things fresh and especially for a cinematic universe to stay afloat

No one likes change. Just look at the Star Wars sequels.

WHIH Newsfront and Agent Carter are shows produced by Marvel Studios (who makes the movies) and they have included references to AOS

Attached: images (1).jpg (739x415, 30K)

бля я хyй знaeт чo вы пиндocы тyт пиздитe нo я личнo зa диcи ибo oн бoлee взpocлый и филocoфcкий

Of course they're canon. The main character from the TV show is part of the main cast in the newest film.

They are canon until they decide they want to do Daredevil or the Inhumans or whatever, and then they won't be.

Inhumans is actually not canon though. It's been completely buried but they filmed it so they had to release it.
Not even getting a physical release.

Бeй хoхлoв!

>WHIH Newsfront and Agent Carter are shows
Yup. Not movies.
The movies do not reference events or characters introduced in shows.

Yea Forums hates everything post-Captain America 1 because "muh evil Disney feminist boogeyman".

It's not a meme.

TV/Netflix shows are created by Marvel Entertainment. The Marvel Cinematic Universe is created by Marvel Studios. These two production companies have nothing to do with eachother apart from that they're both owned by Marvel/Disney. And Kevin Fiege has been going out of his way from the start to make sure that no media outside of Marvel Studios has influence over the events of the films. Everyone who's part of it knows. Anthony Mackie has on one occasion said that it's Fiege's show and Clark Gregg has also openly expressed disappointment about the complete lack of connectivity.

твoe лицo кoгдa пoгpяз в филocoфcких paзмышлeниях

Attached: shazam.jpg (848x605, 440K)

Bcё лyчшe чeм лицo хoхлa.

Are all the Daredevil & Co netflix shows still cancelled?

Hulu is open to reviving them

I hope Jessica Jones stays dead. Fuck that shitty show.

Does it really matter if they're canon if they never have any impact on the movies?

This desu. If you want it to be canon then you can consider it canon but the movies themselves won't really bend over backward to include the TV narrative in their stories.

Rumours or based off of an official statement?

Official, although it's still only a possibility at this point.

>It kind of just depends on when they’re ready, [and] who, most importantly, is going to be behind these things.- Craig Erwich, senior vice president of hulu originals

Interesting.