What is the appeal behind Scott Pilgrim, it was, and will always be shit...

What is the appeal behind Scott Pilgrim, it was, and will always be shit. It's just your average generique coming of age comic, as if it hasn't been done before. Blaa blaa young people romance and love blaa blaa blaa so overdone, it is completely unrealistic, young love sucks and they break up in a few weeks or so. And the fights? Generic anime esque fights, HURR DURR HURR DURR LE VIDYA GAME REFERENCE so cool JUST LIEK ONE OF TEH ANIME FIGHTS.

To conclude, 0/10 still shit, it was never good. I don't see the appeal, i hope you can see my points.

Attached: scott pilgrim el generique.jpg (327x915, 54K)

Apply yourself, this is not even occasional pasta-worthy

Seething incel

All I'm seeing is that you secretly love Scott Pilgrim and want to discuss it, OP. Why the poor ruse attempt? Just be honest with us.

N-no user

Attached: mole 4.jpg (962x641, 131K)

mom I used the word again!

I agree but it came out before everyone was doing it so in comparison it was unique. Nowadays it would be laughed at like YIIk

Attached: 1551795031181.png (449x316, 125K)

Woah this post will surely change everyone's mind!

Nope, i cant see it user, must be because you are an incel and a retard

Attached: 1550418024613.jpg (183x320, 11K)

For indie shit, refrences are treated like comedy gold

What's wrong with coming of age stories

Overdone, overused, overdone and overused, every damn story is a coming of age story.

Welcome to literature. You have about 28 original stories.

>He doesn't want to fuck Scott
>He doesn't want to fuck Kim
>He doesn't want to fuck Lisa
>He doesn't want to fuck Knives
>He doesn't want to fuck Ramona
>>He doesn't want to fuck Wallace
>>He doesn't want to fuck Envy
>>He doesn't want to fuck Roxy
Something is wrong

Something is terribly wrong when someone doesn't want to fuck Wallace.

You mention how it's" average" and nothing that hasn't been done before. But can you name one other comic like Scott Pilgrim that came out before Scott Pilgrim Precious Little Life?

Attached: XQD9io8.gif (268x268, 1.62M)

So, anons, since the original thread theme is worthless shit; Which is your favourite Scott Pilgrim volume and why is it number 3?
Personally, I think O'Malley's style should've stayed there. 4 is still okay but towards the end he starts drawing everyone like beardless gnomes.

4 was my favorite writing-wise when I was a stupid teenager and didn't understand Scott Pilgrim. Now it's 3.

> coming of age

> mid-20s cast

this is what zoomers actually believe

>implying early twenties people aren't fucking babies
These days adolescence ends (optimistically) in your thirties. And then there's those that never grow out of it.
I mean, look at where we are.

The references in Scott Pilgrim are actually used pretty well. At least in the movie. I haven't read the whole comic.

Also Knives is qt.

>Also Knives is qt.
absolutely correct

Attached: tumblr_mmfkc2GoJp1soj5t3o2_r1_1280.jpg (990x1383, 201K)

>gf dressed up as knives to a con last year
QT, yet worrying considering Knives' personality

Seething incel. Unironically, 1 of the best Comics ever made. 10/10.

video game references

Attached: cringe.jpg (1280x720, 98K)

I hated how hamfisted it was in the movie. Any sort of subtlety in the comic is thrown out the window for the film.

Attached: Snip-it_1552012467396.jpg (838x926, 189K)

>no subtlety
Dude, I can count with the fingers of one hand all the people I know who caught the Link to the Past reference right at the beginning of the movie.

What about when Young Niel straight up name-drops Tetris for no reason when it was never in the comic?

4 > 3 > 6 > 5 > 2 > 1

I want Lisa