Jimmy Neutron instead of Waking Life

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_submissions_to_the_Academy_Award_for_Best_Animated_Feature
>Jimmy Neutron instead of Waking Life
>Brother Bear instead of anything Satoshi Kon
>FUCKING SHARK TALE
>Cars over Paprika
>Bolt over Waltz with Bashir and Sword of the Stranger
>DESPICABLE ME 2

Shit, and you thought the Oscars went to hell with Boss Baby. This category was always a fucking joke.

Attached: A04641D8-70E5-4F84-9140-CCEEB0C83E5C.jpg (798x420, 19K)

>>Jimmy Neutron instead of Waking Life
OK Jimmy is ass, but Waking Life shouldn't even count. It's a cool movie but it's literally live action traced by a rotoscoping program. That's like nominating Avengers for the animated picture category because it's mostly CGI.

But yeah, I agree, it was always a joke.

The Oscars as a whole have always been a fucking joke.

Notice how the rejected films are all japanese? The west was always shit at animation compared to japan.

>This category was always a fucking joke.
There was a report a few years back on why the effects and animated categories never seem to reflect the industry opinions and it was because the 60-70 year old boomers don't give a shit and usually pick the film their kids like for best animated. It's been known for years the academy's voting process is shit because the way its structured means that people who don't have any experience or influence on technical categories get to vote.

I lvoe both Waking Life and Jimmy Neutron.

Attached: 20160203_171622.jpg (852x1686, 135K)

The "Animated Feature" category is a joke in itself. Why can't animation be nominated in regular categories like best picture, best direction or best sound design? Where do live action/animation hybrids like Who Framed Roger Rabbit or Sky Captain go?

It's a double joke because most Academy Awards judges openly admit to never watching any nominations for Best Animated Feature, unless it's a Disney/Pixar movie their kids forced them into.

And one of them admitted to leaving her daughter alone in the theater because she's so adult and sophisticated she can't dare stoop to the level of watching anything animated.

>Waking Life
>Waltz with Bashir
>Japanese

Kubo was nominated for visual effects though.

> 2005
> Chicken Little
> Hoodwinked
> Howl's Moving Castle
> Madagascar
> Robots
> Steamboy
> Tim Burton's Corpse Bride
> Valiant
> Wallace & Gromit: Curse of the Were-Rabbit
Holy shit that was a bad year.

I agree that none of those are Oscar worthy, but they're a far cry from Boss Baby.

>By the way, in case you're wondering why Disney's "Atlantis: The Lost Empire" isn't on that list, the answer is simple: The Mouse House will need all the help it can get to compete against "Shrek," and it doesn't want to compete against itself. (In other words, the studio didn't submit the film.)
They totally would’ve beaten out Jimmy Neutron too. Has Disney ever JUSTed themselves this hard at the Oscars?

Wallace and Gromit was fine

The three that were nominated were truly the best.

They learned from their mistakes and that’s why we got Incredibles and Ralph 2 in these Oscars (even though neither deserved it).

>takes the oscars too seriously

Attached: laughing-like-a-king-homer-simpson.gif (375x375, 179K)

Makes you wonder how Spider-Man ITSV managed to beat the two Disney movies.

>Sky Captain
In the fucking trash I think

>Roger Rabbit
In a museum, dad.

The category only exists because Beauty and the Beast almost won Best Picture one year and like hell was the Academy going to let kiddie shit get that close ever again.