Haven't watched a Capeflick in the theaters since Doctor Strange

>haven't watched a Capeflick in the theaters since Doctor Strange
>just watch the Blu-Rays later
>hear for months now how Aquman was a "fun adventure, like Indiana Jones" and also "based and redpilled"
>decide to give it a try
>clunky, cliche dialogue straight out of a 2000s lego stopmotion video
>fake-ass CGI that made everything look like those 5$ plastic chinese toy guns with the lights
>every other 5 minutes they hammer you with "it's one world dude, we're all the same, racemixing for the win"
>Amber Heard's fake red hair is so distracting it makes her less hot
>the "adventure" part is nowhere near as good or even resembling the classics
Why is this praised around here so much? Fuck man, I found Black Panther so boring I fast-forwarded through it, but I still enjoyed it more. At least it had Andy Serkis hamming it up, some cool aesthetics ehre and there and... that Lion King scene. Aquaman was just... dissapointing.

Attached: DtNNjX1U0AADes9.jpg (810x1200, 221K)

Because DCshills flood the board when one of their shit movies comes out

It'll happen again in a few weeks and you'll fall for that too you gullible retard

It's not like Marvel Shills are any better. Besides
>gullible retard
I pirated it, user. I only lost some time.

I liked it as a guilty pleasure. Seeing Mcdonalds cookie cutter MCU movies make me vomit so i figured why the fuck not?

You write like some bitter retard. Your points are pretty dumb considering the quality of the movie is actually pretty good in comparison to like 90% of other current cape movies
>fake-ass CGI
For some reason, this right there is the best pleb/contrarian filter for this movie.
>almost entire movie is underwater
>movie is bright and colourful as fuck
The effects team did a phenomenal job considering those two things alone. The effects are literally ILM-tier. Not everything has to be 100% realistic looking but they did a fine job regardless. Tell me, when was the last time a cape movie of that scale looked that beautiful? I can only remember Thor 1 and that one was small-scale as hell

I thought the CGI and underwater battles were excellent

The dialog was fucking terrible

>hurr durr so colorful!

I liked Aquaman, but this obsession retards likr you have with COLORS!!!!! is so fucking pathetic. It just shows you know shit all about visual storytelling.

only good part of aquaman was based patrick wilson with the perfect amount of ham for his scenes as ocean master

truly the only actor having fun with the part and understood what was going on

Because you believed what people on Yea Forums of all places said about it

I cringed through Nicole Kidman's "acting" during the beginning. It was like she was channeling Tim Burton's Batman or something. I had to stop watching when Aquaman shows up, says "Permission to come aboard." and the two mooks take a second to look at each other in a comedic pause before opening fire on him. It's like this movie was sent to us in a time capsule.

That's what I'm saying. It genuinely felt like I was back in 2005, watching Lego StopMotions from that guy who had built this huge city. It was as if they took the script, the lines, everything, straight out of a Silver Age book.

Patrick Wilson and Willem Defoe made it watchable for me .. the trench scene was cool as well

What can I say? I liked it.

Every action scene looked like a PS3 game

I disagree, it looked better than several cape movies like Black Panther and Homecoming.

Aquaman might as well have been an MCU movie; it was fast-paced quippy bullshit with the only difference being the quips didn't land quite as frequently as they do in MCU's factory-line shit.

I liked it
>Aquaman was really likeable and unique protagonist
>Villain had valid points
>the worldbuilding was fantastic and fresh
>the costumes were identical to the comics and still looked fantastic
>great CGI
>good acting from everyone, even Momoa did a surprisingly decent job

Wan is a pretty competent director.

It had some flaws but was good, had a lot of fun watching it

Meh, 7/10 better than Spider-man:Homecoming but worse than Antman 2.

I'm not going to disagree with any of your criticisms. It was all very dumb, and it hurt my bladder. But it did all of those those dumb things in a sincere attempt to entertain the viewer. It was so earnest that I can't hate it.

>fake-ass CGI that made everything look like those 5$ plastic chinese toy guns with the lights
Oh yeah, because making something look like a real object is the calling card of bad cgi.

>Thor 1
>with that fake gold jewelry Asgard that looked so bad even a Saudi would call it tacky

I just can't buy Jason Mamoa as Aquaman. He can either do silent tough guy or funny guy but can't do both it seems which was desperately needed for the tone of the movie. I liked Black Manta, Orm, Mera and Nuidis way more.

Also for how bad the dialogue is and how quickly the resolution of the climax was I don't think the movie needed to be almost 2 and a half hours.

5/10 didn't make me mad like BvS or Justice League did.

Attached: why does he stand like that.jpg (1920x1080, 1.04M)

What it does worse than the MCU, it does a shit ton worse. The humor was awful, the acting was downright laughable, and the entire middle part of the movie was just so utterly boring. But you also have to appreciate what it did better than the MCU. The entire sequence in the trench was fantastic and the underwater visuals were really good looking.

You also have to note that Yea Forums thinks Alita is fucking amazing which is also generic schlock.

The trench sequence was definitely the highlight of the movie.

I did like some of the humor like "it's fish man" but the biker pulling out the pink phone right after kind of ruined it. It seemed like something you'd see in a stoner comedy.

>You don't like what I like so your opinion is factually wrong

The absolute state of some people.

Different user here. Aquaman was shite. I didn't mind the CGI and it was colorful. Fuck I loved the multiple races and the designs. What I didn't like that we focused on the boring bikerdude Aquaman and bad-hair Amber Heard and their godawful romance. AND the story was shite. AND that dialogue was shit tier.

Borrowing a page from your book; if you tell me you thought that anything other than the CGI in that movie was good then you have some of the shittiest taste on this board.

Attached: 1456387035294.png (244x200, 70K)

Visually, the movie was amazing.
The story made about as much since as the Amazing Spider-Man 2. And the villain's constant spouting about pollution have less value considering that whenever we see Atlantis it's fudging beautiful.