Whatever happened to the Superhuman registration act...

Whatever happened to the Superhuman registration act? It was such a big thing but I don't see anything about it mentioned now

Attached: aa.jpg (2000x1265, 685K)

I don't recall if it was explicitly cancelled or something, but it stopped mattering after Siege, so probably when Osborn fucked everything up, they called it off and quietly buried it alongside all the legal documents that allowed HAMMER to happen.

Siege was like Osborns team of the Dark avengers right?
I only remember Dakken was on that team

>wojakooooh.jpg

Attached: 9B761CA0-C4DD-4D36-93B7-0178852A004C.jpg (430x807, 136K)

>dontregisterme.jpg

Attached: 71FD5F92-697A-4749-AAC2-260983F9FA9F.jpg (500x557, 42K)

It was repealed by the President who came into office after the president who approved it, after it was shown to be horribly ineffective and allowed both the Skrulls to infiltrate Earth by posing as Government officials controlling the Registered Superheroes and Osborn doing the exact same thing, in addition to the horribly ineffective 50-state initiative.

It was proven to be a bad idea.

Siege was the conclusion of Dark Reign, which is the Dark Avengers era. He goes to war with Asgard (which was in Oklahoma at the time), loses control of Sentry/Void completely, and ends up BTFOd by the Avengers, who come out of hiding.

When did that happen?

God, I never had access to comics when I was growing up so I didn't manage to read this shit till like 2013-14

This.

The Act got repealed soon after Osborn's fall i.e. Siege. But I don't recall where exactly they mention this.

How'd shit go from that to like Avengers vs X-Men

Actually, Steve Rogers replaced Osborn as Head of Security of the USA after Siege, and one of his conditions to take the job was repealing the SRA.

Literally at the end of Siege. There was a parade celebrating it.

Fuck off meme poster

“This character is making a goofy face” is perfectly coherent criticism.

Oh boy.

Civil War broke the hero community and instituted the SRA and left Stark as Director of SHIELD. This allowed Skrulls to further infiltrate SHIELD and other institutions and hero teams in the Secret Invasion. Fury, in hiding, hired Deadpool to get the plans for a weapon that could kill the Skrull Queen, but Osborn stole the plans from DP and killed her, ending the invasion. That left Osborn in charge of Security and the SRA, so he disbanded SHIELD and repurposed it as HAMMER, and set up the Dark Avengers. He botched the job hard, fucked with the X-Men's Utopia island, then got manipulated by Loki into invading Asgard, but the Void got loose from the Sentry and nearly killed everyone. Thor killed him and the heroes returned. Osborn got jailed and Steve got in charge of Security, restored SHIELD and repealed the SRA.

Then a bunch of other shit happened, but most importantly, Cable came back from the future with Hope, the first mutant born after M-Day, and the Phoenix eventually chose her as a host and started making its way through the universe towards her, destroying everything in its path.

The Avengers decided they should handle Hope before the Phoenix got there, and the X-Men disagreed. The Avengers tried to destroy the Phoenix but ended up creating the Phoenix 5, which ended with Cyclops being the only host and kills Prof X, then Wanda and Hope fix things by bringing back more mutants.

That's all without counting all the Cosmic events, most of the X-men centric events, or the smaller ones for Spidey, Hulk, Thor, Daredevil, etc.

>This allowed Skrulls to further infiltrate SHIELD and other institutions and hero teams in the Secret Invasion
They started to infiltrate before Civil war

M day was no more mutants or was that an alternate timeline or both?

Also how did cyclops die and get resurrected?

hence the "further"

the point being the SHRA made it easier for them.

M-Day was when Scarlet Witch went nuts, changed the world into House of M, then restored the real world but said no more mutants.

Cyclops didn't die until a couple years ago because of the big Inhuman fart cloud, and I think he's back now?

I thought that NMM thing was fixed

>Big inhuman fart cloud

What the fuck

The Terregen-mist cloud which turns humans into inhumans and kills mutants.

Basically Marvel's way of boycotting the X-men and replacing them with the Inhumans until they get the movie rights back.

NMM was fixed in AVX, when Hope and Scarlet Witch create more mutants and restore some of the depowered ones.

The Inhuman fart. Ah man.

Because of other fucking events, Black Bolt took all the Terrigen and made it into a bomb to kill Thanos. It didn't work, but Black Bolt's second objective was creating a Terrigen Cloud that floated all over the world, creating more Inhumans from humans who turns out to have Inhuman genes somewhere in their DNA.

Thing is, the Terrigen Cloud is lethal to mutants, and when the X-Men want to do something about it, the Inhumans say "HANDS OFF OUR SACRED FART". So they go to war, Cyclops dies of poisoning like many others, and Emma Frost uses her powers to make everyone believe he's still alive and fighting, and in the end Black Bolt "kills" "Cyclops". The Inhumans eventually realize their cloud is killing muties and they modify it somehow, then they mostly fuck off into space.

For some reason, trying to stop the Mutant Genocide and getting "killed" by Black Bolt made Cyclops the new Ultra Hitler in the public's opinion for a while.

Haven't they got the movie rights back now?

Ahh right, fair enough

Damn, Cyclops was fucking awesome, I love him

What's happened to wolverine cause I know he died a while back, is he alive now or what?

The deal is still not finalized, but yeah, for all intents and purposes they have the rights back, and X-Men are being phased in again. It's just that the comics suck.

I don't remember Death of Wolverine half as well as the earlier stuff, but Wolverine's healing factor started failing, and he went off in a last adventure to take down people experimenting with adamantium or something. He succeeds, but gets accidentally encased in adamantium and dies, but is content in his last moments.

I don't know how he came back, but they found the adamantium he was trapped in burst open, and he was prancing around with the Space Stone for a while. He gave it to Black Widow for the recent Infinity event, but I stopped following around that time.

All I know is Old Man Logan ended up in the 616 universe, so he, a reformed Sabretooth, and X-23 filled the role of Wolverine, and a recent Wolverine book had him being used as an assassin by some lady with death powers? Then he kills everyone in a space station to save the world, falls to Earth and survives.

Oh yeah Jean Grey found him, I remember that, isn't she a cunt and also dead sort of?

She's a cunt for sure, but she came back recently. Don't know how, but she's Jean Grey, resurrection is her thing. Also there's a young version of her running around along with the other young O5 X-men but fuck them, I don't care what happens with them.

I meant young Jean was a cunt, When'd old Jean come back?

Attached: 1527888009529.jpg (2481x3507, 3.93M)

Last year or so? All I remember is they found her, amnesiac, in a weird dimensional dome that contained a small town populated by what I think were manifestations of her mind? I know Wolverine and maybe Magneto went to see her, then the X-Men came. Other than "she's back", I don't know what happened after.

Fair, anything interesting happened to Spiderman in recent times

Oh and what about Secret Empire, I remember Cap being a nazi trending on twitter ages ago but that's it

The comics wanted to return to status quo before the SRA. The process was already well under way. Captain America was resurrected. Thor was nerfed to below Odin again. Hulk came back from space. Stark went through a mind wipe to pre-registration days. Asgard was getting destroyed in Oklahoma, forcing the Asgardians to leave Earth again. The only thing that never got reverse was the Spider marriage because of Quesada's faggotry.

Siege 4

Attached: file.png (1078x347, 819K)

Oh god dammit, man.

Spidey got his body stolen by Doc Ock for a while (Superior Spider-Man), then got it back and Ock is now running around in a cloned body of himself I think but not fat or old anymore, he looks like a green Spidey with octo arms now. Then Spidey became a Stark-like tech-millionaire, but that ended for some reason, and he's now just regular Spidey, but I think he's back with MJ at last.

Secret Empire was Red Skull using the Cosmic Cube to rewrite history so Cap was always an undercover Hydra agent. But then HydraCap kills Red Skull and takes over, and Hydra conquers the world for a while, and various heroes are blackmailed/controlled/possessed/whatever into working for Hydra. But Steve's original soul/memories/self/whatever are somewhere in HydraCap's head, so the heroes use the Cosmic Cube again to separate HydraCap from GoodCap, and GoodCap beats him.

Ironically, you could argue that technically, HydraCap (who is alive and in jail, I think) is still the real Steve, and the current Cap is a fake created by the Cube.

And because we're at it, Thor became unworthy, Jane Foster became Thor for a while, then she died of cancer (using the Hammer undid her chemo every time) but they brought her back and Thor returned to being Thor again.
Iron Man was in a coma because Captain Marvel wanted to jail people for Future Crimes, so they had Civil War 2 and she nearly killed him (but we're still supposed to root for her, guys), and some girl called Riri became the new Iron Man out of pure contrarianism.
I'm not kidding, as a kid she goaded a teacher who refused to antagonize her into saying "You'll never be Tony Stark", so she became Iron Man. Also Doctor Doom was Iron Man at the same time too. Anyway, Tony woke up eventually and is Iron Man again.
Oh and Falcon was Captain America during Secret Empire before GoodCap popped up.

They just wanted to replace everyone, all at the same time, ok?

>At least he's back with MJ
That's really good to hear, I was alright with the universe where they married and had kids but I wanted it back in the 616

>Civil War 2
What was the conflict of it? Also what the fuck Carol

Sorry for all the questions, I know I could probably find out on my own, I just like chatting with people

Don't worry, man, I have fun explaining this shit. Ask away.

I forgot to say, you know why Thor was unworthy?
Previously he fought an enemy called Gorr the God Butcher, who hated all gods and wanted to kill them because he thought the universe would be better without them.
Thor beats him and concludes that yeah, gods are fucked up, but they also can be good, and to prove it, he goes to help the worlds whose gods Gorr killed.

So one day, during an event called Original Sin, Nick Fury says to Thor, "Gorr was right", and that's it, he can't lift the hammer anymore. Nevermind that he already disproved Gorr's claims and endeavored to prove him wrong forever, nah. Just the whisper of "Gorr was right" is enough to make him unworthy.

Jesus fucking christ, that's the most ham fisted reasoning, im guessing they desperately wanted to change who had the hammer but had no reasons so they bullshited

Also How did Nick Fury know that?

I remember Top Cop Rogers telling Cloud 9 that he was repealing the act

And once she realized that she wasn't going to be forced to be a sniper anymore, she tore up her Avengers ID card and peaced out

>What was the conflict of it? Also what the fuck Carol
Sorry, missed that.

Ulysses, an Inhuman who can see bits of the future out of context pops up, and thanks to him they save the day from some aliens. So Carol decides to use him to stop shit before it happens. Tony says "we've been through this, we've got time travelers and oracles and this never works, it's a bad idea", but Carol has made her mind.

So they form sides, they fight over Ulysses, and because of his visions they think Miles Morales is gonna kill Captain America and Hulk is gonna kill everyone. Carol tries to jail Miles, and Hawkeye kills Banner (who at the time is completely depowered, and Amadeus Cho is the Hulk at the time). Carol puts Tony in a coma because he was trying to keep Miles safe, so I guess she wins kind of?

Doesn't matter, because the abstract entities like Eternity and such grab Ulysses and he's gone forever. Figuratively, "Ulysses died on the way to his planet".
In the end they just wanted a new Civil War book to go along with the movie's release.

Because Nick Fury knows everything always.
I mean, it's never explained, but the event was about everyone having fucked up secrets, and Fury knows them all. In the end he replaces Uatu as the new Watcher, but I think he has a different name that I don't remember.

I think I forgot that Fury knew everything because he killed Uatu and read his archives. Hmm.

Carol seems fucking retarded, why was anyone on her side?
Jesus seem about as forced as I expected

so white Nick Fury is the Watcher and Black Nick Fury is the Leader of shield?
Also didn't the ultimate universe come to the 616?

Because predictive justice worked pretty well, it had a decent track record up until Clint killed Bruce Banner

Why was Ulysses the trigger then, there's been tons of characters who can predict the future

>so white Nick Fury is the Watcher and Black Nick Fury is the Leader of shield?

Yeah. Black Nick Fury is Nick's son, so he's Fury Jr, rather than the Ultimate Fury making it to 616.

As for the Ultimate Universe, during the recent-ish Secret War, universes were colliding, and the last 2 were 616 and Ultimate. They fought to the death, and Doom created a new universe cobbled together from the remains of the others, which he ruled as God. But when he was defeated in the end, 616 came back mostly the same, but Miles Morales is now part of it.

I shit you not, this is because he gave a burger to Molecule Man, who was the one doing the actual reality manipulation for Doom, and Molecule Man wanted to repay the favor.

Some of the Ultimates were briefly recreated and then destroyed during a story in, uh, Ultimates (which was now a book about an Authority-like team led by Captain Marvel).

Attached: download.jpg (275x183, 5K)

I remember that the ultimate peter parker died and came back or some shit
What happened in Ultimates? I thought that was the Avengers in the Ultimate Universe

Also how much do you know about DC? Im confused about some stuff in that too

It was, but they cancelled the Ultimate Marvel line, and they used Secret War to kill that universe.

I never followed it, only what I heard and saw around here, but I think Peter did come back at some point, and the Ultimate universe got restored and still exists somewhere in the multiverse (and Peter is the Spidey there now that Miles in in 616), but it's no longer published.

God that's fucking dumb, what're the X-Men up too in the whole secret war empire shit?

Not much, a character here and there doing inconsequential stuff at most. Remember that this is during the Inhuman Push, and the X-Men are all very much pushed to the background because of the movie rights shit.

In Secret War, Cyclops has a Phoenix Egg! And he's gonna use it! It's gonna be awesome and he'll save the day or do something important! No, he gets killed in one second. No explanation of where he got the Phoenix Egg or even what a Phoenix Egg even is.

On the bright side Ultimate Peter is finally living in peace and quiet with MJ and everyone else who didn't tag along with Miles when he jumped universes. After all the shit Ult!Peter went through, he deserves some rest, relaxation and redhead lovin'.

Oh shit, that could have been cool, too bad
oh, didn't the phoenix force in Jean Die?

Shit and what was Spidergedden?

Link to this, i'd like to see ULTpete happy

This is also the time when Avengers consisted of

Falcon as a flying Cap, Vision, Kamala, Sam Nova, Cho Hulk, Miles Spider-Man, and Jane Thor.

Worst possible time to have all your iconic characters replaced by legacies or randos is when said iconic characters are being embraced by the public at large who then turns to the books to see what their new favourite characters are doing and they find... who the fuck are these people?

>Shit and what was Spidergedden?
Versions of Spiderman from across the multiverse come together to defeat vampires who feed on the "Web of Life". Tons of fanservice for fans of pretty much every version of Spidey.

That entire event went a long way in making Carol come off as completely insane. Her wanting to murder the shit out of Strange, and later Miles does not make her look like a "determined strong woman" it makes her look like a murderhappy psycho. I never understood why Marvel likes to use that characterization for her so much now.

Last time we saw Ultimate Peter was shortly before Secret Wars, he came back from the dead essentially to pass the torch to Miles before leaving to elope with MJ.

And then a planet fell on the planet and everyone died.

It was a REALLY forced issue made up to create come conflict for an all new civil war event. This was around the time the movie Civil War came out so Marvel wanted some synergy.

I thought that was spiderverse

Bless fair enough I guess

Yikes, wasn't that the year they said they weren't doing another event too

Also anyone know what the fuck is going on with Heroes in Crysis?

Christ Kitty, don't just go around sticking your hand in people's brain case!

Attached: kitty vs wolverine.png (514x523, 606K)

Lmao, that's the Wolverine kills the marvel universe right?

Attached: 1527193708784.jpg (500x708, 56K)

>I thought that was spiderverse
It's the exact same plot. The vampires they defeat in Spider-verse get loose and they have to do it again.

>Also anyone know what the fuck is going on with Heroes in Crysis?
Batman set up a Mental Health Center for heroes where they go and talk about with robots their issues, sometimes they simulate fights or situations to deal with trauma, etc.
Batman swears all the records are insta deleted so the secret identities and the info can't be used against them, but he's lying. Not only is he using it to plan in case anyone goes rogue (like he did in previous continuities like with Tower of Babel and Brother Eye), the files leaked and... Lois Lane wrote about them?

Anyway, someone kills everyone in the Mental health place, and the suspects are Harley Quinn and Booster Gold, who both blame each other. We already know the killer is actually Wally West, who faked his death and is doing it because he misses his wife and kids from a previous continuity, which only he remembers.

Oh wow, I mean I like spiderman but that's pretty bland

Well shit, thanks I know how big it is but im so sick of harley that I didn't want to read it
Also fuck them, Wally West doesn't deserve this shit, He's a good guy

>Wally West doesn't deserve this shit, He's a good guy

Absolutely with you on that. He's my Flash and he gets the shaft the hardest of all.

I swear dc just hates him
>Barely in any medium outside of comics
>replaced by black guy with the exact same name
>Left in the previous continuity if it weren't for fan outcry

>Brought back in a really touching moment with Barry
>Denied justice for his family
>Is now a murderer

If the GOTG hadn't died/disbanded in Thanos Imperative do you think they would have attempted to wrangle the Phoenix before it got to Earth?

Hell, I don't know why the Annihilators weren't all over it.

Fucking F, Im gonna miss Wally

Holy fuck no wonder people don’t get into comics. This shit is confusing as fuck and these are just the big events. Combined with the tie-ins and the individual arcs in the solo books and its crazy how DC and Marvel don’t understand why they can’t get new readers

Comics are fun but dumb as shit, I've been reading for about 7 years on and off, last 4 i've been into it properly though and I hardly get alf this shit