We could've had a serious...

>we could've had a serious, mature movie and nuanced look at how living in the foster system could've had serious effects on Billy's cynicism and superhero persona, especially with the flawed gods that make up the DCEU's heroic pantheon as examples for him to follow
>instead we get quips and FLOSSING FOR ZOOMERBUX

Who else is disappointed besides me?

Attached: Zoomer.gif (507x269, 1.6M)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Hellkr1/status/1103486191742140416
youtu.be/hBFPYUg8vuw
shazamaholic.blogspot.com/2019/03/the-final-shazam-trailer.html
youtube.com/watch?v=tzi1mzLCfAY
instagram.com/p/But_m-lghhc/?utm_source=ig_embed
youtube.com/watch?v=bqfNRrcFNVM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Use the catalog, faggot

yes, we could truly have had a serious and mature movie about the little boy who got superpowers when he said a magic word

get a grip, OP

>op could have posted in the already existing threads
>sage

After Fatmans jokes and swinging gut in JL I gave up on the DCEU
straight up character murder

Shut the fuck up. I know you guys want more Marvel movies but you don't need to ruin DC's just to get them.

I'm cool with most of it except for the flossing. Snarky wit, child like glee, and other bullshit is welcome. But the flossing is just going to DATE this movie down the line. It's one of those things we'll see, and go "uggh. I can't believe that was even remotely cool".

Hopefully it's cut from the movie.

>DC makes Aquaman to be a parody of Marvel movies
>makes the big bucks

what you gonna do when Shazam reviews well but bombs spectacularly?

It's a popular dance move, who cares
It's not like the macarena where it's this obnoxious ordeal for old people with an annoying song, he could be doing the running man or moonwalking and it would be just as appropriate

It would've been great if they made a superman/shazam first thunder movie but considering the source material this seems like it could be fine. It knows what it is and isn't afraid to revel in the inherent silliness of itself, I'd like to see a more serious movie sure but the film crowd seems to have no respect for the source material as seen by every DC movie back to batman begins

I want Snyder back but I also want this movie to bomb because it's fun and campy, unlike Captain Fungus movie that has:
>No heart
>Shit actress
>No ass

This is Shazam not Batman or an indie Oscar bait film

No one wants to see Zack Snyder's version of Shazam.

Chill out edgy bro, and enjoy Shazam!

>billy was raped by his foster home
>I think that's something that would happen

there's your snyder cut

>we could've had a serious, mature movie and nuanced look at how living in the foster system could've had serious effects on Billy's cynicis
Yeah I know. We dodged a bullet because that wold have been shit

Looks like a movie that knows that it wants to be fun and be for children. It makes sense, and I can't wait to go see it. If only Marvel knew how to do that.

Attached: 1551848150046.jpg (1600x686, 268K)

Honest question, does ANYONE here believe that those posts are unironic at this point? This shit is the most clear falseflagging ever.
See? He can't even bash Marvel even though he "hates" their style so much.

you realy did expect then to do this?

Attached: file.png (660x1054, 1.16M)

>fun and be for children
>hero robs a bank
Sure DC, sure.

Attached: wanted bank robbers.png (1010x423, 348K)

Eh, you always got that one idiot that thinks everything should be deep and explore darkness

>Honest question, does ANYONE here believe that those posts are unironic at this point? This shit is the most clear falseflagging ever.
This.
HOWEVER, he is right about the flossing. It's on par with WHAT ARE THOSE from Black Panther.

Once flossing has lost its cultural currency I imagine a new viewer will simply see it as "a silly dance"

The original Captain Marvel comics were very silly, though.

Based Shazam

What a weird thing to get hung up on

Post rest, please.

Maybe because it's something Sivana should be doing?

I'd be happy for something like this to happen in a sequel but not his first outing

Your parents.

So what's your excuse for Carol, a grown woman and apparent hero, stealing a mans motorbike?

The movie is based around the tone of the character. Billie’s Shazam is meant to be fun but can be serious at times. Not every cape shit movie with quips and jokes automatically makes it Marvel shit.

That shit is dead

Everything from MoS, BvS, and JL are getting retcon and every actor that wasn't already working on a DC movie is getting recast

you call that flossing?

Attached: 1551929179678.gif (280x304, 656K)

>A kid shouldn't act like a kid
It's probably within the first half hour.

nah his first outing SHOULD had been this in the justice league movie

they even fucking teased it in the trailer with alfred talking to somebody with a red costume

Attached: file.png (661x1024, 1.31M)

>they even fucking teased it in the trailer with alfred talking to somebody with a red costume
That was Superman's cape

it was a arm, capes tend to move with the wind.
i wish i could find that fucking trailer but i only find the shitty weadon ones

>Black Panther whips out his giant oscar winning dick and smacks everyone away
>Miles bitchslaps Venom and tells him to wait in the car
>Carols starts giving handies

Attached: 1551924693941.png (1300x900, 434K)

Attached: shadab.gif (947x647, 608K)

Just your fellow retards who think the Big Red Cheese should be serious melodrama. You people ruin everything that you touch.

>Carol starts giving footjobs.

too many customers

twitter.com/Hellkr1/status/1103486191742140416
Review embargo dropping March 23, WB must be really confident in this one

Well, to be fair, BP was set in 2016, chronologically a week after Civil War, a time when the joke was socially acceptable then.

He's gonna do it lads. Marvel doesn't stand a chance.

Attached: 1551920157820.jpg (671x531, 115K)

I'm glad shota kino is making a comeback.

Attached: 1532979148815.jpg (1024x1024, 99K)

New tv spot. Seems like they starting to pick up the marketing
youtu.be/hBFPYUg8vuw

At least moonwalking looks neat and requires skill, where flossing can be done by 8 year olds. And usually is.

It just hit me that we're getting both Captain Marvel movies within a month of each other. I feel retarded for not realizing this sooner.

>I also want this movie to bomb because it's fun and campy
Super heroes, serious business.

This isn't a robbing actually. For it to be robbery you'd have to have a human on human interaction.

FUCK OFF
Shazam is one of the funnest, goofiest comic series around, and any attempt at making him serious or mature immediately misses the point of what made Captain Marvel the worlds most popular hero in the 40s. People like you are the reason why BvS was a depressing slog to sit through, and I'm GLAD that Billy is flossing, because HE'S A FUCKING KID.

This is Shazam's first major film, so stop trying to fuck it up.

Attached: Your Opinion.jpg (381x424, 203K)

Eat the disc

Want to see peak billyfaggotry?
shazamaholic.blogspot.com/2019/03/the-final-shazam-trailer.html

I'd have liked the movie to be closer to the Fawcett comics but Zach (formerly Chuck) looks alright and I'm glad the movie looks more light-hearted than Curse of Shazam, which is a decent comic but works better as an Earth-One GN.

Personally, I hope it does gangbusters because I've waited years for a Captain Marvel film.

go see it?

>Shazamaholic
>Batman, Blues Brothers, and Popeye
What?

>yes, we could truly have had a serious and mature movie about the little boy who got superpowers when he said a magic word
you can actually
just because its a fantasy doesn't mean its automatically a comedy dumb boomerposter

None because we have to nitpick every morally grey thing a DC hero does while Hulk destroys half a city in Age of Ultron and it’s “eh whatever”

Didn't this character always make quips?

I mean, he is technically a child.

And he’s not making quips. Quips are offhand side sarcastic jokes that break from the actual dialogue. All of Billy’s lines, while energetic, are completely conversational

>movie is releasing near Endgame

Much as I'd like this movie to do well because I like the cast involved, this alone is gonna kill it. The vendetta against Captain Marvel will be old news by then so people won't be rushing to see Shazam out of spite either. It's unfortunate.

Attached: 1549082178399.jpg (1440x1440, 160K)

Dog, it was Superman. Come on.

It has three weekend before Endgame. It will be fine. Nobody is expecting this to hit a billion or anything. Just a solid 500mil+ like Ant-Man

I expect it to hit a billion. Kids will want to see this. Marvel is more for manchildren.

But nobody wants that from a Shazam movie. The appeal is literally about a kid turning into a superhero and doing cheesy shit.

It's got weeks before user.

Fuck off, I wanted the wholesome adventures of Billy Batson: Captain Marvel overcoming cynicism and evil. Now neither of us are getting what we want you edgy try hard faggot.

>Now neither of us are getting what we want you edgy try hard faggot.
>Billy super excited when he saves a bus full of people.

Based retard

>Abuses his super powers to buy beer

How dare he be curious?! Also he learns that beer tastes like shit, so he has the taste of a hero

DC clearly saw that their edgy nonsense was going nowhere and decided to make a fun movie for once

DC is losing because of being too edgy.

The movie literally has Billy hating Superheroes because they couldn't save his parents and he grows to like them after realising just how hard it is to be a superhero. But I guess because it's not grey and dour it can't have a good message
Do you fags actually want a Zack Snyder style mess for a movie about a kid being granted the ultimate wish fulfilment from a wizard?

that sounds good and all but you can have that without having mans flossing

like why would you go out of your way to date your movie like that

>a kid from today acts like a kid today
>and that’s bad unless we go into penis rockets and neck snaps

Because young kids will identify with him more because of it, the dance is dumb and won't be popular this time next year, but it's popular now and the movie is set in the present, so a 14 year old kid flossing makes sense

New footage - Billy is learning to fly youtube.com/watch?v=tzi1mzLCfAY

Attached: captain_marvel.jpg (1500x1997, 1.88M)

This movie is going to be great, I really hope they have a superman cameo at the end and I really hope it's actual Cavil and not just the chest like rumours suggest

I like that dance, Very funny.

Obviously this is the kind of thing that's popular now and so they're trying to keep him current and cool to today's kids, which makes sense, but man I wish we could have had a golden age adaptation. The character is just so synonymous with cheesy old-timey comics in my head
I wish movies catered directly to me

nope

only losers believe this

>we could've had a serious, mature movie
>about a comic franchise made by hollywood
>a mature movie by hollywood
>a mature movie about a comic franchise

Are you fucking retarded?

Because he's a fucking kid

>The marketing amps up the silliness and funny scenes
>So there will be no drama or deeper themes
Are you retarded?

>The new footage we viewed began with a scene in the school cafeteria where Freddy asked Billy which power he’d prefer, flight or invisibility. Freddy says most people pick flight because it’s more heroic and invisibility is, well, creepy. However, he believes if they could answer anonymously, most people would actually pick invisibility because they don’t see themselves as heroic. So right off the bat, Freddy is kind of setting up the themes of the whole movie: Do we have a hero inside of us or not?

Nope

Attached: D0_Lp-mXcAA-ryQ.jpg (687x194, 16K)

Nah, DC definitely needed something light-hearted, they just completely whiffed on the tone.

DC is losing because they're characters and stories are shit

But that's what happens when you make overpowered mary sue gods instead of actual characters with flaws and depth

Reminder that Dc aknowledged its defeat and began filming movies in the marvel way.

Sure ladderbro

literally the worst idea

That kinda sucks. Holding out hope that that was a placeholder scene. Would rather save him for the sequel than get some non-speaking bit of nothing

They weren't saving him they're recasting just like with everyone else

To people actually get made at seeing flossing?
I mean it's like getting mad at seeing people do The Marcarena.

would have been unironically great to make a movie about a boy who says nigger and get powers

I can't imagine actually wanting that out of a CM movie. Captain Marvel's (or Shazam these days, sadly) whole appeal is cheesy, fun adventures. Tonally, this isn't exactly what I wanted out of a CM movie but considering what kids are into these days as opposed to 60, 70 years ago, it's pretty appropriate as an update.

Shazam was literally always going to be more fun though.

blame thor ragnarok

>OP could've have stayed quiet and not been a huge faggot only capable of shitting out cringe threads
>instead we got OP throwing a bitch fit like a faggot sperg

nobody is disappointed though, but we all definitely want you to fuck off.

Attached: 1504359523589.jpg (905x1043, 180K)

People like you are the reason we got the grimdark edge of earlier movies you shitheel. Let a movie about a modern 14 year old (Who'd be into memes, fortnite dances, and has just grown out of fidget spinners) who suddenly gained superpowers be fun and enjoyable you fucktard.

You want serious shit? Go watch one of the other many dramas cranked out. This is a superhero movie that defies laws of reality, causal effect, phyics, the square cubed law, matter manipulation, etc etc etc.

Also like other anons said it's only hyped up the silly fun moments. There could still be a serious look into things like child care and things.

Attached: 1488164539495.png (206x239, 96K)

>I can't believe that was even remotely cool
Is it even cool right now? If you're more than 8, I mean.

First thing, I tried flossing. Harder than fuck and I couldn't be asked to actually practice.

Second thing, oh noooo. A dance move being easy and available for everyone to use so that you're no longer awkwardly doing some old-man twist when dancing with friends? Fuck you.

It's truly incredible how Snyder fanatics and DC edgelords have actually convinced themselves that making movies people actually want to see is copying the MCU formula.

So apparently the only way for DC movies to remain pure is to make unwatchable grimdark garbage that people hate. That's the only way for a DC movie to be non-Marvel, is to be fucking terrible.

>WHAT ARE THOSE
I don't remember that part.

Yup. Work at an arcade center and a second job in a k-12 school.

-EVERYONE- does it.

Stop trying to make Captain Marvel edgy

>the marvel way.
Which was ripping off Donner's Superman, a DC movie. Just taking back whats their's, bro.

Fuck off sneeder. Nobody wants your gritty and edgy cinematic experience when it's not required. Specially when you don't even care to research what captain marvel/Shazam is defined for in the first place

Then you are lucky.
That moment was the reason I didn't want it to win best picture.

Kids steam from banks?

Based and DCpilled

Attached: 23f.jpg (680x452, 91K)

Ladderbro: The post

>marvel way.

Marvel didn’t invented or trademarked fun in movies

Release the Snyder cut!

Attached: 1941 Captain Marvel Movie.webm (640x480, 1.47M)

You seem upset, OP. Bad news from Marvel or something?

I really like how grounded and realistic the marvel heroes are. I mean I really like how realistic it is watching a millionaire in a powersuit fighting a giant alien on a planet in outer space.

>DCs heroes are bad because they're godlike perfect beings
Yeah we wouldnt want to aspire to be more like superman. God knows we wouldnt want a goddamn superhero to be a perfect. I'd rather superman show up on a scene than a drunk millionaire in a stupid powersuit.

Get fucked, Snyderfag

>Immediately regrets it and gets junk food instead.

>14 year old humor, the post

On one hand, I would've liked something more along the lines of Jeff Smith's Monster Society of Evil than Johns mediocre comic, but on the other hand this looks like it'll be a good time at the movies with my nephew, and as fans of DC characters, that's not a small feat.
We've been on a pretty good roll after the awful trifecta MOS/BVS/SS (yes, JL was crap but it still was a good time at the theatre with the kid) so I just hope we can keep this going at least until BoP because that one looks like dogshit.

How about a movie where every time someone says, writes or even thinks the word, he turns black?

You've got until October 4th that's when DC goes back to being shir

>OP is disappointed that he doesn't get a gritty and realistic take on the character from his children's comic books
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>We'll never see Tawky Tawny, Freckles Marvel, Uncle Dudley and Hoppy the Marvel Bunny get the gritty, realistic depiction that is inherent to their franchise

Why even live Yea Forums? WHY EVEN LIVE?

Attached: nofugsleft.png (240x178, 5K)

Yeah, it keeps being pretty apparent that its easier to open with a more light hearted super hero movie to establish them before you try to go for the dark and gritty stuff.

I think Batman begins is the only successful movie that hasn't (at least off the top of my head) and that's BATMAN so he's kinda got a thing going.

Because of Joker? I have a small amount of faith in a movie that made Joaquin Phoenix accept a capeshit related role.

It's almost as different superheroes warrant for different approaches!
I think this is the main reason why Marvel didn't do Daredevil, Punisher or Luke Cage on the big screen. It'd mean they would have to change the tone they've had for pretty much every single movie of theirs. Captain America has been the only one to break away from it, and that seems as far as they're willing to take it, considering the upcoming projects they have.

akshually that was supposed to be the green lantern tease

You're talking about a story about a boy who gets superpowers from a wizard and is best friends with a talking tiger and has Lowly Worm as an archnemesis

Logan?

Sneed?

Attached: 1520328582623s.jpg (125x125, 2K)

>We'll never get a verified mathematical proof for Dr. Sivana's equation to walk through walls.
It's like they don't want me to take this seriously or something.

Attached: man fuck you.jpg (1280x720, 84K)

>we could have had a bad movie
Psssh, nothin personnel!

Attached: 1551724948648.jpg (898x504, 66K)

They better not.

>The vendetta against Captain Marvel will be old news
I think Disney will make the mistake of releasing the third trailer and having Captain Marvel in it, which will remind them. A good idea would be to have a "petition to remove Captain Marvel from Endgame."

Nope this is the most Superman you're getting in the movie

>wanting edgy grim trash
>not wanting a fun and optimistic movie
It sucks that there will never be a continuation of Power of Shazam!.

Attached: 61ug2qFDuXL.jpg (325x500, 75K)

atleast he is still white

>OP FINNA GET DABBED ON

Attached: armageddon has arrived.jpg (826x1280, 1.45M)

Goddamnit

Attached: Jashin.gif (500x280, 1.51M)

incredible

Attached: 1494194889585.png (327x316, 211K)

instagram.com/p/But_m-lghhc/?utm_source=ig_embed
disney btfo

yeah but an adult wrote the script and chose to put that shit in there

Yeah, because that's what people really want to see. WB tried to make serious movies twice before realising that mainstream audiences outright hate their approach. They tried desperately to give serious takes on their characters, yet the only complaints people had was that the movies were way too serious and too devoid of jokes

Fuck off, you retards only know how to complain. Even now, th DCEU has way more effort and heart put into it than the MCU, yet you still aren't satisfied. Apparently the DCEU is just not for you because you are pissed off no matter what they do

>But that's what happens when you make overpowered mary sue gods instead of actual characters with flaws and depth
Haven't seen Captain Marvel yet have you?

>we could have had yet another dark and serious movie about how much the world sucks!

He's not that kind of character. The fact that Billy retains his youthful optimism and remains a child at heart and in his mannerisms is one of the big things that puts him at odds with other DC heroes. There was a whole episode of JLU all about it.

youtube.com/watch?v=bqfNRrcFNVM

>"Back home, I've come up against my fair share of bad guys, but I never had to act the way they did to win a fight. I always found another way."

OP is disappointed that Shazam isn't another Dark Knight, but Shazam would be disappointed that that's what OP wants.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 61K)

based ponysmasher

Sandbergs becoming my new favorite shit poster

So weren't we supposed to be getting early reactions today or was that just a lie?

They haven't recast, thisisto judge public interest

>The vendetta against Captain Marvel will be old news by then
This exists on the internet only. The biggest enemy for Captain Marvel is that critics seem to be slowly waking up from the stupor the previous Marvel movies put them into, and started realizing how mediocre they are so they can only hope people don't do that too.
It's still gonna have a massive opening weekend and make a shitload of money, nobody's boycotting that movie in the same way nobody boycotted Wonder Woman after that hineous human rights violation that was the women's only night that theater wanted to do.

nice

OP here. Fuck you all again. DC made great strides with showing superheroes can be for adults and tackle serious themes and consequences in comics and movies but instead you all insist on going with the 'superheroes are for kids' mentality Marvel pushed to make the big bucks. It's angering as hell to know they're catering to you with a side of McDonalds and Fortnight.

But they are. The best way to grow up is not to turn toys into collectible action figures meant to be in shelves outside of children's reach but to just give up the toys and let kids have their go and learn with them. You can still enjoy them from time to time for what they are, by sharing them with a kid and sitting down and play with him or her for a little while.

>Why can't every Capeshit movie have the exact same tone

>this underageb& doesn’t know what “bomb” means
How many posts have you made thinking that a movie “bombing” is a good thing?

>Shazam
>Serious
Have you read a single comic with the guy? He’s always been a good.

Superheroes are FUN, and Shazam is the funnest hero of all. You literally don't understand the appeal of Shazam if you're complaining, or maybe you're just a massive faggot, but based on this post, it's probably both. If I wanted serious, I'd be watching Batman, or the Punisher, but not a dude who's nickname is literally "The Big Red Cheese" you cock snorting knuckle dragging booty blasted soi boi bitch titted nigger.
What would a series like this even gain from having it's first dedicated film in 80 years be some grim dark Snyder rape of the source material?

Attached: gay name.jpg (1024x624, 134K)

Shit like this is the kind of destructive philosophy that ruins good products. Rather than let something excel at what it does best you want to gut that product of it's identity because you have too much pride to simply enjoy a thing that other people may not accept. "We can't have what made this thing good anymore, because I'm older, and what I like needs to grow up with me." Grow the fuck up by not demanding other things to grow the fuck up, and stop being so insecure about a movie about a kid who transforms into a big man in spandex.

>ruin
that's a lol from me dog, DC movies have been absolute trash since MoS. Miserable, ugly trash.
This looks like a breath of fresh air and actual, real fun.

It's a dance white people and autistic shutin zoomers can easily do without breaking a sweat so yes.

>serious, mature movie and nuanced look at how living in the foster system could've had serious effects on Billy's cynicism and superhero persona
TOO GRIMDARK AND SERIOUS LIKE MAN OF STEEL AND BVS, ME NO LIKIE
>instead we get quips and FLOSSING FOR ZOOMERBUX
An MCU movie.

Attached: why up in the air.png (158x215, 71K)

Yes, but they are taking my advice and diversifying their superhero movies. Not in race, but in genre and style. The big problem is that they're removing Snyder, who is beloved a big chunk of the audience. Instead, they should be giving him smaller movies as well as have him in charge of the grand team-ups and cosmic stuff. Snyder's main strong points are in lower budget things and grandiose things.

HOW COME THE BOY CHOSEN FOR BEING PURE OF HEARTS ISN'T A JADED AND CYNICAL ASSHOLE

Attached: wrong.png (1025x113, 75K)

But he's jaded and cynical in the movie, because the movie is being based on Geoff Johns run.

Somewhat true, but he doesn't carry that baggage into being Shazam. If he did, well, choosing him would've been pretty pointless, now wouldn't it.

He kinda does. The whole point of the story is that Billy is jaded and cynic, even as Shazam, but ends up being humbled by the other kids and the imposed role of hero learning from all of that to be less of an ass.

>who is beloved a big chunk of the audience
Is that why all his DCEU movies had awful drops after the opening weekend? BvS made half of its BO on opening weekend alone, that's fucking awful.
There is a very small but very loud online community, but that means jack shit. The two most successful movies on the DCEU weren't directed by Snyder. If anything, they took too long to kick him off. He should've been out after MoS, and definitely should've been out after the blunder that was BvS.

Nah. I love superhero garbage because I'm raging nostalgiafag but I'm too old to take it that seriously.

Hopefully, Sandberg is a better filmmaker than Johns a comic book writer and makes something better out of it.

Well shoot. I haven't been keeping up with New 52 Shazam, so maybe I'M the one who's in the wrong for this one.

Fucking this.

Hi Zack!

Attached: 20181201_204411.png (1280x800, 678K)

That's my biggest problem with Civil War. One of the themes of the movie is the characters having to deal with the consequences of their acts in the civilian population, only to reduce everything to the Cap/Iron Man personal fight, while they wreck an airport and a bunch of other shit and then just brush over it as a joke.
The only thing that affects them is when War Machine gets hit, which again, it's something at a personal level. They just come off as egomaniac selfish that just don't give a shit about people unless they're close to them. And even then, the "consequences" are kept to a minimum 'cause we're told that he's gonna be alright thanks to Tony's magical science.
They just put a scene with a lady crying to Tony, and show him making a sadface to show how they care, only to be quipping while wrecking shit up a few minutes later. It's just so fucking cynical.